GetApp Guidelines For Product Listings
Welcome to GetApp. Please take time to read our Product Listing Guidelines.
These Guidelines for Product Listings (“Guidelines”), which are incorporated by this reference into the General Vendor Terms, govern the use of our Sites, Services and Content by GetApp and Group Companies and all software vendors, both Basic and Upgraded (“Vendors”).
Product Listings are high level descriptions of Vendor’s products (including vendor name & logo, product name & description, screenshots) created by GetApp or Vendor and featured in GetApp’s online software directories.
For a glossary of additional GetApp definitions used in these Guidelines, please click here.
Product Listing Creation:
In an effort to be a comprehensive resource for software buyers, we aim to include all software Product Listings that are currently marketed or sold and fit in a Category. We determine in our sole discretion whether a product is a logical fit for a Category through research on the Vendor’s website.
We may either create these Product Listings from publicly available information or work with the Vendor to create and/or update a Product Listing that best reflects the product’s features.
Criteria for Posting Product Listings on our Sites:
Our aim is to list business to business (B2B) software solutions that fit within one or more of our Categories. We owe no obligation to you to achieve this aim. In our sole discretion, criteria for inclusion on our Site may include:
- It is B2B software – we endeavor not to list exclusively business to consumer B2C products, marketplaces or database websites, personal productivity solutions, product clones and/or personal apps.
- It is a packaged (pre-built / off-the-shelf) solution – we endeavor not to list custom-made/bespoke software.
- It should fit, at our sole discretion, within one of the existing Categories.
- It should be publicly available and out of Beta testing.
- It should be listed under the product name determined by the Vendor - we do endeavor not to list reseller names, integrators, consultants, or other third parties — unless the Vendor expressly authorizes a reseller to list the product on their behalf. Notwithstanding, we may allow authorized resellers to participate in our lead generation programs. However, if the Vendor who originates the software requests lead generation for their product, the Vendor will take precedence over any reseller.
PLEASE NOTE: While our Sites serve as a platform to host software Product Listings, we are not responsible for ensuring the legal and/or regulatory compliance of these software products. For information on a software product’s legal and/or regulatory standing, Users should make enquiries with the Vendor directly.
Product Listing Removal:
At Vendor Request: In keeping with our goal to be a comprehensive resource for software buyers, we aim, subject to our compliance with applicable laws, to not remove Product Listings that are currently being marketed/sold and fit in a category. We may work with the Vendor to update the listing to ensure it is accurate and best reflects the product’s features and differentiation.
If a Vendor is no longer in business and/or the product listed is no longer being sold (as reflected on the company website), we may review and remove the product listing from the catalog.
If, through the course of on-going maintenance and review of our catalog, we discover that an existing product listing no longer fits in a category and/or is not a legitimate, packaged B2B product, it may be reviewed and removed.
At GetApp’s Discretion: We reserve the right to modify or remove your Product Listing and/or Product Profile if, in our sole discretion, the listing or profile fails to comply with these Guidelines. We generally do not remove Vendor Product Listings or Product Profiles unless we determine in our sole discretion: (i) the Product Listing or Product Profile does not fit within one of the Directories; or (ii) there is evidence to demonstrate that the Vendor’s product is no longer actively being marketed and/or sold to the public.
Product Listing Guidelines: For additional guidance on these Guidelines please contact [email protected]
- Do ensure the product description is unique (not copied from another site) and a true product overview and you are authorised to provide such content to us.
- Do ensure product name matches product name on Vendor’s Site.
- Do ensure that destination URLs work and point to Vendor’s Site.
- Do use standard spelling and grammar.
- Do not use marketing or subjective text in product and company name (e.g., award-winning).
- Do not use offensive, obscene or defamatory language or promote feelings of enmity, hatred or ill-will between different groups of persons.
- Do not include personally identifiable information in product description (phone, email, fax, URL).
- Do not include suffixes in company name (e.g., no Inc, Corporation, LLC, etc.).
- Do not use repeated or unnecessary punctuation marks.
- Do not use line breaks.
- Do not use symbols or characters.
- Do not use excessive capitalization.
- Do not use HTML tags.
In our ongoing efforts to adhere to applicable law and be transparent about our operations, we may make changes to these Product Listing Guidelines. We will post notice of such changes on our Site at least 7 days prior to any modifications which we reasonably consider may materially adversely affect you and you are encouraged to consult these Guidelines periodically to be aware of those changes. If we amend these terms and you do not agree to the new terms, you must immediately cease using our Sites and/or Services. Your use of our GetApp Sites and/or Services after such notice has posted constitutes your acceptance of the updated Product Listing Guidelines. When accessing our Services for the first time, you will be given the option to acknowledge and agree to these Product Listing Guidelines.
SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO GUIDELINES
At least one screenshot or video is strongly encouraged for your Product Listing. If you submit a screenshot, you represent you have all rights and authority to provide content to us and grant us and our Affiliates and Partners the right to use it in the ordinary course of our business to administer your Product Listing; and you agree to follow these guidelines:
- Do ensure screenshots display the software’s real user interface
- Do ensure the video is recorded in English
- Do ensure the video is about the product
- Do ensure the video is either a YouTube, Vimeo, or Wistia link and that you have the relevant rights to link
- Do not use any stock images or marketing jargon in your screenshots or any martieral which infringes the rights of anyone else
- If the video contains the likeness and/or voice of a person, ensure that you receive that person’s (written) consent to include that person’s likeness and/or voice in the video
We reserve the right to make changes to these Guidelines at any time by posting notice of such change on our Sites. You are responsible for checking these Guidelnes periodically for changes and updates. If you have a user account with us we may notify you of material adverse changes to these Guidelines. If we amend these terms and you do not agree to the new terms, you may immediately cease using our Sites and/or Services.Your use of our Sites and/or Services after such posted changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated Guidelines.
BY ACCESSING AND USING, OR CONTINUING TO ACCESS AND USE OUR SITES AND SERVICES, YOU ATTEST THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE GUIDELINES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE OF SUCH ACCESS OR USE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, THEN YOU SHOULD NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITES OR SERVICES AND YOU SHOULD STOP ACCESSING.
Terms Last Updated: June 2021