Wrike

4.2 (1,678)
Manage your projects from start to finish with Wrike

(1,678)
4/5
4.2/5
4/5
4.3/5

1,678 reviews

Mirza S.

It seems good for simple smaller projects

Reviewed on 12/08/2021

It was used for bug reporting and tracking of development tasks, it was okay.

Pros

The ease of use, the UX is quite good and you can start using it without having to go trough some long training.

Cons

They upped their pricing considerably, but this was couple of years back they might have made it to be more affordable again, it's been a while since I used it.

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Wrike

Better pricing, more customization options, additional support and wider community of users.
Tony E.

Great system, but tread carefully

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

Overall good, but some frustrations with the structure of the training. Firstly the training provided is good. Some basic guidance is free. Be careful which training you purchase. You cannot ask about some features during the basic training course, they want you to buy additional more advanced training just to cover those questions you might have.

Pros

It's packed with functionality, good collab tool with our internal teams. Task management is excellent. Time management is easy and is exactly in the right place - at the task level. Too many great features to list here.

Cons

The fact that it's packed with features does make it challenging to deploy. The Wrike are helpful and very friendly but I think the culture within the company is to sales focused. It feels like the Wrike teams are under pressure to sell. This is not an issue with the people you deal with but a top-down approach that feels flawed. You will have to pay if you want training!

Rickey J.

Pretty good but if you need something powerful look at others

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Not a big fan. It gets the job done, and there's nothing really negative about it, but i do find it lacking in powerful features.

Pros

It's easy to use, once you get an understanding of how the platform organizes data, it's fairly intuitive. I also liked that you can create your own reports, even as a regular user (not an admin), which helps with maintaining a cadence.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve in understanding how things are organized. The interface is pretty plain and not very attractive.

Reasons for Switching to Wrike

Our company found that Asana didn't integrate into our 'dataverse' as well as other platforms.

Response from Wrike

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations.

Mike H.

Excellent tool for PM's, Easy to use for non-PM's

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

This has been a fantastic addition to our Projects Division toolkits, and has been integral in the success of several projects we have run via Wrike. Without this tool we would not have been able to properly organize all of the steps and milestones, and undoubtedly would not have had such success with each project we completed.

Pros

We were looking for a full project management suite our PM was focused on a robust tool that met all of the PM standards and requirements. As we reviewed various software suites we found that although many met their needs, they were very difficult to use and understand for non-project oriented staff; this was critical for us many staff are required to interact with the Projects Division as part of their stakeholder and SME roles. We were very happy to see Wrike had a friendly and very usable interface that non-PM focused users could interact with easily.

Cons

As an admin level user for myself it is very easy to get 'lost' within Wrike, as I have access to all projects, tasks and PM features. Although note that this isn't a fault of the software but rather how we configured our environment and user access.

Microsoft Project, Easy Projects, OpenProject and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Wrike

Some of these tools did not have time management features, while others were very PM-centric and difficult for end-users to use as a collaboration tool with the Projects team.
Gabriel L.

I've researched & tested every major player in the "project management" space and Wrike Leads...

Reviewed on 11/05/2020

Wrike is an exceptionally well-developed tool that even offers integration with Outlook to help keep project communication and schedules organized and on-time.

Pros

I'm a big fan of squeezing every additional second of my day, and as such, I'm constantly trying to do more in less time! Wrike keeps my projects on-time & on-budget, while allowing client collaboration.

Cons

I haven't found any major issues, perhaps the setup could be a little less involved but if you put in the time, you reap the rewards of a top project management tool.

Asana and Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Choosing Wrike

Wrike is a more robust platform for my needs and allowed me better efficiency in managing large projects while collaborating with clients.

Reasons for Switching to Wrike

Simply a better option for my needs with loads of configurable features and well thought out interface.
Jessa D.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Brought sanity and transparency to our work

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Pros

I choose Wrike specifically for the ability to submit project requests. 99% of our projects have to go through some sort of compliance approval, and auditing through a bunch of emails and folders that hopefully had everything was a recipe for disaster. Wrike allows us to have reporting and automatically assign tasks It's incredibly, almost overwhelmingly customizable, so I can have my own workflows to manage website issues while print projects can have their own process, etc, and these templates are automatically assigned, filled out, and dated when the requester fills out the form. The dashboards are nice so you can customize how you want to view your projects, and you can also monitor your team's projects to make sure everything is moving along, and easily step in and request help. Another pro is the collaborator user role, so coworkers not in our department can track, comment, and answer questions within tasks without seeing the other projects, and all of their communication is attached to the project and on record for everyone, including compliance, and not just trapped in one person's email.

Cons

Set up is daunting. Although we paid for someone to help us set up the process, we quickly realized that their orientation instructions weren't suited for our situation at all, so it took a few weeks for us to get everything into place. And I don't think our situation was particularly unusual, we're an in-house marketing department that needed to accept tickets.

While Wrike is really good about constantly releasing updates, there are some common sense things that have yet to be ironed out, for example, someone requesting a project can set a due date in the past.

Brian F.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Wrike Project Management

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Pros

Wrike has proven to be a capable tool for project management at our small company. It is very simple to create hierarchical structures for large projects, from major milestones down to minute tasks. Tasks can be easily linked as dependent, and assigning tasks and setting deadlines is very simple. It allows for constant monitoring of project tasks by stakeholders, and requesting updates from assignees. Files can be shared with data or results from various tasks, and being able to hit "complete" can help establish a sense of progress on large, multi-week or month projects. There are a number of ways to view the projects (like timelines and Gantt charts), which can help with communicating timelines to those interested, and also aids in identifying bottlenecks.

Cons

Adjusting timing within a project can be extremely difficult and/or tedious, and especially so when tasks are linked via dependencies. Moving some tasks can result in all other tasks resetting timing or decoupling. THis can be very frustrating, as with large projects even a one day adjustment can be tricky. Learning to use many of the features can take a while, and there are some quirks that can lead to confusion/miscommunications (like if someone fails to put a date for a task, it just sort of moves into purgatory). The number of alerts and communication can also get very unwieldy, and the ability to adjust them is limited (either no message or a huge number).

Juan A.

It helps me get real-time visibility into everything my team is working on

Reviewed on 19/05/2018

I Found that scoping projects are very easy with this tool, the ease of use the tool is very fascinating and it helps me get a lot more done in a shorter amount of time ;)

Pros

I think it's amazing to be able to have a tool that helps me collaborate, and to be surrounded by people that have the same vision and really want to get everything done, and done beautifully.

This amazing tool helps me to consolidate communication and enhance my vendor's visibility

It helps me get real-time visibility into everything my team is working on

It gives me reports to track the projects and my team performances or the Workload, it helps me to have a better view and to see who has bandwidth for the next projects.

It's a great way to Coordinate Across Teams, helps me to break down team silos.
Set up workflows for projects to notify tasks and when they should begin work.
Reduce miscommunication and mistakes when everyone has transparency into work.

It's a great way to Develop Campaign Assets, the campaign development process requires collaboration and teamwork.
the Live editing, the threaded comments, document sharing and versioning simplify it's a great way to collaboration and reduce rework.

It helps me to Manage Events, Campaigns and Launches

It really helps me to deliver marketing programs on time with less stress.
Get plans out of my head so that I don't lose track.

It really simplifies whenever I have my next advaertising campaign, I just duplicate the template that I already used and then I'm ready to go.

Cons

None

Tyler W.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Solid Software - Requires Setup to Reach Full Potential

Reviewed on 04/01/2021

We have solved a lot of problems.. But overall, we have solved project tracking. Working in the consumer good industry means we are constantly working on products and they are always in different stages of development. With Wrike we are better able to keep track of where we are at with projects as well as store all the needed information for them in one convenient location.

Pros

What I like most about Wrike is the ability to manage a variety of documents within projects. In Wrike, you are able to link documents from other sources (i.e. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, servers, etc..). This is extremely useful for us because we use Dropbox for all our projects. Because our projects often need to be updated or changed, it is important to only have one save location for these projects. With Wrike, we can link these files to their specific projects, but when the files are updated they auto-update and repopulate in the wrike project folders. We have found this features to be extremely useful and essential to our work flow.

Cons

The biggest downside to Wrike is the amount of work you have to do to really set your projects up well. However, this is the case with most software use for tracking projects/tasks. While for me, this is a downside, there is a plus to it. You can choose how in-depth each project goes and make templates to quickly launch projects.

Norzihan I.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Best project collaboration tools when work from home

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Pleasure experience working with this software, we have modernize on how we managing our project and we can get a real-time progress tracking after using Wrike.

Pros

The fact that i can accessing to this software to get update on my project that i collaborating with my colleague is the biggest point. Wrike can be access from my web browser and need no software installation with it. The graphical design for the software is minimal and clean, and it not messing my eyes after hours of time staring at the software.

Cons

We can't adding all the employees on the company to have access to the software, as it will cost more based on the user using it. On other word, it is expensive for small and medium organization to own the software. There are no new feature introduce to the software, and the current bugs takes month to get fix.

Brett W.

Wrike is Great for Small Teams Looking for a Project Management Solution

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

I recommend Wrike for companies looking for a pure project management solution. If you or your company is looking for project management coupled with CRM and other business end functionalities, Wrike itself may not be the ideal solution.

Pros

While working with a team that eventually outgrew email and another product we were using, the team decided to give Wrike a try. Overall, Wrike is great for managing project planning and scoping. While I primarily used it for task management, it made my collaboration with the company a lot easier since the company was able to gauge accurate and more realistic timelines so that the team wasn't overburdened or given unrealistic or unmanageable deadlines.

Aside from task management and creating effective project pipelines and timelines, Wrike has the ability to create custom folders so that projects and clients stay organized from the get go and project managers can get an overview of a project's progress in a very short amount of time.

Cons

This application offers a lot of features, almost too many in the project management realm, so I recommend that any team or organization that adopts Wrike into their workflow sign up for training. After training, you should be able to get some consulting from the vendor at how Wrike works best for your company and how it can help improve your current process.

Tim J.

Best project management software I've ever used.

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

I love it! I recommend this project every chance I get to people in other organizations. It's quite simply changed the way I manage projects and communicate with team members.

Pros

This platform is straightforward and organizes tasks/projects into an incredibly logical format. Everyone I work with on this platform is consistently productive and uses the platform the way it's intended to be used, and our team productivity is never in question because of how easy Wrike makes it for us to communicate and work together, even remotely.

Cons

The UI/UX can be intimidating at first, and I've found that you're either a Wrike lover or hater - people who claim not to like using it are very difficult to convince to use it, even when it's a necessary business function, because of the UI/UX learning curve and the relative opacity of some of the platform processes. I can understand why; it's not very visually appealing, and the sheer amount of text on the platform can seem overwhelming. But once you learn what to look for, it's easy to cut through the excess and focus on the actionable processes within the platform.

Hani khalilah A.

Wrike review

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

Pros

Wrike is a highly intuitive application that allows the team to go deeper into their project while meeting deadlines. It aids in work and deadline management. It's helpful to break the task down into parts and sub parts, with timetables on a calendar to keep track of everything.

Cons

I've found that Wrike's frequent modifications make the interface behave differently, which means a lesson video is needed to make necessary functions. I think it's a bit frustrating and unnecessarily complicated. I also like for them to revise the pricing plan for a small and medium business package.

Henry E.

Used it years ago - and it's better now

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Solving the problem of multiple groups in multiple locations quickly and easily communicating about all types of projects - quickly and easily and 100% online. Getting rid of email to boot!

Pros

Super flexible and FAST user interface. Best PM tool for speed and ease of toggling folder and projects open quickly and easily (in the left column). I think it's better than all of them out there.

Cons

expensive. We were quoted a large cost to go thru the onboarding. I guess you get what you pay for but this is not the 'free' or 'cheap' setup like you get with a Zoho or Trello type tool.

Asana, Teamwork, Trello and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Wrike

Easier to use - and less data in buckets - e.g. easier to find and see more info in Wrike over Asana

Reasons for Switching to Wrike

Said above, basically a better and faster UI for our team to learn and use quickly.
Patrick M.

A very solid project management tool

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

It is used as the key digital project management platform in my whole agency, both for internal and external communications with our clients about their projects. It's fantastic.

Pros

Wrike has everything you'd expect from a project management tool, like creating folders for organization, then creating projects, assigning the right people, creating tasks, defining milestones, managing statuses, and sending out alerts. It also has some features that put it at the top of the market, such as creating Gantt charts based on entered milestones, displaying tasks in a SCRUM board style, and even building custom dashboards to do things like monitor workloads of your teams.

Cons

You have to be really careful with permissions at times. For example, they run downward through your folder structure, so if you accidentally tag someone in a task that is higher in the structure than you'd like, Wrike will, without any warning, grant access to everything below that task. It's mostly erradicated by careful organization, but this particular issue still bites us now and then. Also, expect to spend some time watching their tutorials, otherwise you are in for a long, nasty learning curve!

Caroline S.

Ideal tool for business project planning

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Wrike has allowed to have a better management of planning or organization of business projects thanks to the fact that it provides the tools that adjust to the needs of each team, achieving that the collaboration is much more efficient and thus the productivity is increased in a successful way.

Pros

Wrike I like it because it is a software that can be used by any type of company or user, that is, it does not matter who is a programmer, or financial worker, because with this tool any individual can go to it to carry out the planning, organization of business projects to do this you only have to drag and drop the documents or information that is of interest, this is thanks to the fact that its interface is easy to use, it also provides the adequate tools to follow up on each of the projects and thus observe in a direct how advanced they are or if it is necessary to make some change, also has the advantage that if you want to integrate with other tools you can do without any inconvenience thus achieving better results and a successful project management.

Cons

This software still has things to improve, one of those aspects is that its annual billing tends to be somewhat high and sometimes it is difficult to understand where it comes from so high a cost so it would be ideal to give more detailed information on each plan.

Luis C.

Keep your projects managed correctly and in one place.

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Always keep updated the status of projects in real time, as each component updates the project based on completed tasks, the work is kept up to date, giving full knowledge about the status of the project.

Pros

Nothing like knowing what state your projects are in, keeping a complete trace of each of them to know the progress and the time line that is missing to complete it, knowing what each component of your team works on, for this one needs an application of top quality and Wrike is one of them, its headquarters in Silicon Valley guarantees that it is a team that aims high and wants to produce the best, and as far as I have tried it has been like this, they encourage you to give your best as a team and promote healthy competition between teams, is excellent to strengthen your team and you as an individual.

Cons

The times of the team members should not be allowed to lower the morale of others, for example, when one worker has many better times than another, this may feel bad and deteriorate as a professional, you should deal with them to promote them be better and improve your times bringing benefits to the company.

Chad D.

Almost primetime

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

overall the product performs well and I was able to setup 90% on the companies needs on this system.

Pros

The software manages agile very well and other dev type roles. It's easy to see projects and tasks and navigate

Cons

not useful for project work with tracking true time worked. I also don't like the admin limitations.

Salman A.

More than Project Management

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

Its a great experience we have been using it for almost more than 6 years. I would recommend this product for overall operations management and project management.

Pros

Its a wonderful cloud based solution which allows you to monitor projects with great ease. Other than that it is so flexible you can create your own workflows, capture data from end users using user defined forms and have a variety of views of your data in dashboards, widgets and gantt charts. Plus you can collaborate with your team at the same time sharing media, documents and more.

Cons

Probably the only option i hope for is to have gantt chart to be printed along task information as in MS Project.

Louis C.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Wrike proves to be an invaluable tool optimizing our project management level and skills .

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

Wrike is by far the most holistic, comprehensive task modeling, and team organizing tool we are happy to say allows our office to boost to new levels of productivity . We highly recommend its use.

Pros

Wrike has so many features that we like and use with regularity. Wrike's resource management in application functions allow for role specification with regards to task scheduling , milestones, workload capacities, workload duration , and tracking in list . Their dashboard as well as gantt charting are user friendly as well as intuitive. We want to stress that we love and recommend Wrike mostly for its ability to combine what we see as available features from other applications under one umbrella. Widgets, leadership boards, cloud service app integration are all included. Customer service is also responsive and available as are plentiful online support resources .

Cons

The only con we would maybe point out is the learning curve associated with integrating to Wrike software features. But this only because the software is so deep. Wrike is our one stop tool chest for product management.

Help your team stay organized

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Overall, Wrike is a great tool that helps teams stay on track and complete tasks in an organized and efficient manner. It's a robust platform that offers a lot of ways for your team to stay connected and on track. It's UI is a bit clunky at times and it's customization abilities can be a bit confusing, but overall it's a great project management resource for teams.

Pros

Wrike is a robust platform that allows you and your team to keep track of projects, work on projects together, and plan tasks in advance. The user dashboard can be customized to fit how each team member works and processes information. 5 team members could all be working on the same project but Wrike will help make sure they are viewing tasks in a way that's easy for them to process. It also sends you automatic updates to let you know when your tasks are due or when someone has sent you something, so you never lose track of important information.

Cons

While Wrike can be customized (and this is a great pro) the customization isn't always easy to access or understand. Not only do you need to be careful that you're tweaking your own dashboard and not a team one, BUT you then also need to configure your personal dashboard to receive team updates. It can get a bit confusing if you aren't familiar with how the software works or aren't a tech savvy or patient individual. This quirk could be easily resolved with clearer instructions and an easier interface that takes some of the guess work out of creating customized boards.

Brianna d. R.
  • Industry: Higher Education

A Project Manager's Review on Wrike

Reviewed on 11/11/2018

I am on Wrike every day. Wrike is a huge piece of my job. We use it as a communications team of 12. I input project requests, assign a workflow to the appropriate team members and track project process. I manage 1,000 projects yearly, some small and some more complex. I am able to track changes and approvals. I also run reports within Wrike.

Pros

There are many things I LOVE about Wrike but my favorite is being able to add my external freelance designers on certain projects. It allows me to collaborate and keep projects moving. Instead of having to wait for an email reply, I can easily alert my designer in Wrike for a status update, scope change or some other information.

Cons

I with running reports in Wrike were more intuitive. Most times, I have a good start but have to manually report. Wrike is perfect if you have less projects for long-term, but I have many projects and it is hard to organize without feeling like there is too much crap in your folders.

• Industry: Fund-Raising

Like a Digital Bullet Journal, Only Better

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

If you're looking for a relatively simple way to track and assign tasks to your team, look no further! Wrike has certainly made my life less complicated.

Pros

Before Wrike, my colleagues and I used paper planners. While I enjoyed the freedom of design this provided me, it also had limitations--limitations that Wrike has eliminated. Now, I can set up timed reminders for tasks and projects alike, collaborate with my peers, and break down complicated projects step by step.

Cons

Wrike has a bit of a steep learning curve, and some of my colleagues felt overwhelmed pretty quickly. But I suspect this has less to do with Wrike and more with their own (dis)organization. With patience and a little training, this software can become a huge asset to your office.

Cesar V.
  • Industry: Government Administration

The best manager for creative and research projects

Reviewed on 13/01/2019

I have used this manager in projects that require extensive journalistic research, and in which it is necessary to keep track of the tasks to be performed, the results have been successful

Pros

Lighten communication between the members of the work team, spend your time tracking tasks with the tools it offers: assignment of tasks, notifications, sending reminders, the breakdown of projects you can reach is incredibly useful for monitoring , shows timelines, I have even exported the results to excel to present progress reports and results

Cons

It takes time to learn how to use it, for some the interface may not be very easy to use, so it costs a bit to integrate the entire team in the optimal use of the tool

Marketing Agency Buyer Beware

Reviewed on 27/03/2021

Buyer beware if you're a marketing agency looking at Wrike for PM tool. We engaged Wrike to help us solve some very specific issues in which we outlined in detail during our numerous calls with sales rep. He showed us high-level that we could solve for our needs in his demo account which was not set-up to be agency-specific. He gave us test access and we tested as much as we knew how to test not understanding how to use the system but was reassured by the sales rep over and over again that Wrike could solve our needs. We decided to proceed with Wrike and even purchase the onboarding package so that someone could train us on how to use the system. The first onboarding rep we were given had literally zero clue how agency operations were set-up. We again outlined everything we needed Wrike to accomplish for our business and we left our first session feeling like we made a big mistake. We were given a second onboarding rep who was a lot better however, after three sessions, he couldn't even help us with solving our needs. To his credit, he tried so many workarounds but the system still wasn't working for what we made very clear we needed it to do. For reference these are the items we stated numerous times we needed this system to solve for:

1. transparency with clients being able to plan out ongoing marketing plans (solved only 50%)
2. track time and effort to be able to track workload (solved)
3. track ongoing month-over-month retainer budgets and products clients (not accurate

Pros

Detailed task management
Workload managment

Cons

See below including very poor customer service

ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Wrike

I thought I was getting a more comprehensive product little did I know I was making a very bad decision

Teamwork

Reasons for Switching to Wrike

There were onboarding specialists vs Clickup.

Response from Wrike

Thanks for your feedback. The experience you describe does not reflect the level of service we strive to deliver, and we want to help make it right. We were unable to identify your account from the information here, so please contact us directly at [email protected] We would love to make things right if you give us another chance.