Zoho Projects

4.1/5

238 Software options

A Useful Task Management Tool

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

The decision to move from a fully custom-built system to the Zoho ecosystem was based on the ability to have full control over customization and also the ability to integrate with other apps. While there is some built-in integration with other Zoho apps, some technical configuration is required to get them all to work well together.

Pros

Zoho Projects is a fully cloud-based project management solution that is ready to go right out of the box. The ability to create templates for re-use is very helpful in an environment that repeats the same processes for various clients throughout a product life cycle. What is also good is the ability to modify an existing template without affecting project that previously used that template. This makes it easy to revise processes without disrupting already in progress projects.

Cons

Unfortunately the number of project templates that you can create within Zoho Projects is limited unless you purchase more. So if your company uses more than 20 templates at a time be prepared to pay more money upfront. Zoho Projects has a lot of built-in features which require time and tutorials or training to fully understand. This can be a disadvantage for companies who need to get up and running very quickly but is worth the effort for time saving in the future.

Vikram K.

Perfect for a small business with lots of clients

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

We had been looking for years on how to properly transition from a printed spreadsheet, to an online collaborative system where all members of our (small) team could easily access production and client information from a central online platform. We tried various project management tools, but the curve with Zoho Projects was perfect. We all learned how to use the software in less than a day so we can now focus on getting work done. It's been a time and money saver from day one and we look forward to the continued incremental improvements to further help our business.

Pros

Easy to learn interface. Adaptable to our business needs. Very good for a cooperative or individually-based environments.

Cons

We do a lot of searching for tasks. However, when you are inside one of the few dozen projects we have, we can only search for tasks within the project. It would be great to have a search where all tasks are displayed, no matter where you are inside Projects. This would be great for how we have adapted the software for our needs.

Priyabrata S.

Very user friendly and affordable too. Awesome tool for project management.

Reviewed on 19/03/2018

Best in class Project management tool. It has the option to display the progress of the projects, number of bugs raised and fixed in charts, so that an user with less technical knowledge could also be able to understand its functionalities.

Pros

One of its best feature is timesheet. It's very easy to fill up the timesheet. You can fill the timesheet in monthly ,weekly even daily basis. Very easy to track the assigned bugs and has the option to send notifications through mail after resolving the bugs(issues). It has the option to switch multiple projects in order to keep track of projects, if a single developer is assigned to multiple projects at the same time.

Cons

Still has some minor bugs like when we resolve an issue, we need to share the screen shorts with it as a proof, sometimes the screenshort got uploaded, sometimes it won't though we have highspeed internet connections.

Gaetano S.

A very efficient, clear and proactive platform, extremely well designed and developed.

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Collaborating without any problems with colleagues, partners, pupils.
I tried it in different ways, both working out documents and managing complex projects without encountering serious hitches or bugs.

Pros

The overall structure is particularly friendly and intuitive. The customer can learn immediately how to manage the contents and surf among the different widgets proposed. It is worth noting the large offer of management tools even in the free-or-charge version.
As a manager of a noprofit organization I appreciate a lot this approach and I am spreading out Zoho among my colleagues as the current best platform for collaborating both in business and in education sectors.

Annette C.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Transformed my teaching.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Customer service is fabulous.

Pros

This may seem like an unusual use of this software but I use it to gather evidence of my 57 students per year who work together organising charity events as part of their music course. It gives them a real world experience and allows them to gain great experience using online project management software. This software is really easy to engage with and has a social media feel that they respond to.

Cons

Perhaps the only thing is that I'd like a group chat function within the app rather than having to leave to go to cliq. I'm finding getting to grips with cliq a wee bit frustrating but that could be me.

I wanted to love it.

Reviewed on 09/04/2019

I wanted to love ZOHO Projects and all of ZOHO suits. And I still believe the concept is a fantastic one. Most of the major apps any small business will need one place. But it felt like ZOHO haphazardly patched together apps from several different creators.

I will be happy to try ZOHO again, once integration becomes more seamless. I look forward to newer versions!

Pros

The single login with the ZOHO suite was a nice feature. I tried ZOHO primarily because I wanted one suite for the majority of my business app needs.

Cons

My major complaint falls into two categories:
1. Integrations between ZOHO's own products are not as good as could be. And I have seen better integration with other PM software and third-party apps.
2. ZOHO suite, in general, does a lot of things, but most things not well.

I signed up for ZOHO Projects primarily because I wanted to integrate it with other apps in the ZOHO suite. However, I found these integrations were not seamless and nowhere near as functional as they could be. For example; I use both Projects and Invoices for clients, can send them invites from both applications for a client portal. However, both portals require a seperate login for the client. This frustrates clients, as they know both apps are ZOHO, yet they need separate credentials.

On my end, all of ZOHO's billing was not integrated. Which means there was a separate invoice and viewing page for billing for each ZOHO APP. I would expect billing to function more like G Suite, with all ZOHO apps billed together.

As a stand-alone PM APP I found it not to be user friendly. You can't choose which fields or features you want. We tend to use more of a Kanban methodology and would prefer if task start and end dates were not mandatory. While I like the idea of the Sprint version of this APP, I wanted some of the client management features of full Projects.

Dave G.

Zoho Projects, great compliment to Desk and Bugs

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Great tool, This has had a positive impact on customer satisfaction. Working with our business partners Zoho Project improved accountability and tracking of who said one in a chain of communication.

Pros

Easy to set up and configure, Perfect to allow customers interaction with Services team and SOW projects. Integrated with Zoho Bugs. Security allows customers and staff to belong to multiple projects. Allows Milestones and Calendar events. Overview of Feed and Reports allow for a good top level view of projects.

Cons

Wish it had more Automation and Notification rules. Would like to send some updates to certain users.

Kristen S.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

I couldn't live without it!

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

We've increased our productivity dramatically, been able to integrate our tasks with time tracking software and even bill our clients for extra time. Also, I sleep better at night because it's all organized.

Pros

I love that I can set deadlines set my own features /terms for progress - it's not a cookie cutter solution. I can assign tasks, to-do lists or entire projects to colleagues, and share internally and also external to my organization. I also love the mobile platform (app). It keeps me super organized, and helps me keep everyone else on my team organized too.

Cons

I wish there were a slightly lower price-point between the free version and the enterprise version, for small businesses like mine, but they do offer a good value! It's worth the $.

Jim L.
  • Industry: Accounting

I love keeping track of thing with ZOHO CRM

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

It would take quite something special for me to try another CRM. ZOHO just keeps adding features and it is so easy to use.

Pros

I like the reminders and integration with other softwares. ZOHO is a big help in keeping me focused on what I should be doing and what I have done. I wish I used more of its features. There are just so many to learn and use.

Cons

The negative I have is that there are features which I know would help us more. It would be great to have ZOHO support or Customer Service send us emails reminders to try features we aren't using to the fullest or at all.

William W.

On first glance has the features you need

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

This could be a great basic and affordable project system if Zoho would just fix some basic day to day usability issues. As it is, it's frustrating and not flexible enough in some basic ways.

Pros

Has all the high level features you would want from a basic project management software. Projects, tasks, issues, share access with customers, custom fields, discussions, calendars, finances. Integrates with other Zoho products like Desk and Books.

Cons

The integrations are flaky. Integration with Zoho Desk is very limited and we ran into several bugs setting it up. The integration with Zoho Books doesn't work well for our workflow so we end up creating invoices manually in Books instead of using the integration.
The system doesn't remember your preferred view and constantly changes on you.
The Kanban view is next to useless. It allows for no sorting at all! It doesn't display any additional useful information like priority/severity.
Support is lackluster. They will respond, but not really directly address your issue. My takeaway from this is that the system is the way it is, take it or leave it.
Because of all the small UI quirks and bugs it wastes a lot of your time.
I find the settings difficult to navigate. Even though I fairly often change settings, I still have trouble finding the proper project level settings every time I need to change something.

Collaboration and Tracking becomes easy

Reviewed on 28/08/2017

UI looks good. Features like "Feed" "Dashboard" "Reports" "Gannt" and Etc will make your life easy while handling a project.

It also have some usefull integrations as well.

Pros

1. Pricing.
2. Collaboration is easy.
3. Easy to track.

Cons

Have some small bugs.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Incredibly customizable

Reviewed on 25/08/2019

Highly customizable and effective program with a good value. Would recommend to anyone who likes a lot of options.

Pros

I've been trying a lot of project management software lately, and Zoho stacks up pretty well. There are tons of options for customization and various visual displays to choose among. The level at which you can break down tasks into smaller components is extensive so you can get as fancy and specific as you want. You have the option to set sequential tasks too to great effect. The cost for all this customization really isn't bad as well.

Cons

The UI could use a bit of cleaning up. It's not bad, and there are at least UI options to select among, but they aren't as visually appealing and intuitive as some other programs.

Great CRM

Reviewed on 06/07/2017

very easy to use crm. all the features and settings to personalize and use data. I would recommend to new business. the uses are endless, literally there are tons of ways to use this program

Pros

easy to use and affordable

Cons

its costs money and it takes some effort to input data

Ashutosh A.

Great Project Ecosystem

Reviewed on 13/06/2017

We were introduced to the Zoho Projects Ecosystem early 2017 and loved how intuitive the system was. It opened up new ways for our Dev and CX teams to interact and collaborate within each projects.

Pros

Collaborative environment
intuitive interface
Gantt Charts and usability reports
User Statistics & Task / Milestone breakdown views
Dependancies and Project templates

Cons

Support is not available during ops hours for North America which makes it difficult, if not impossible to learn unless we spend time late night to connect with Support

Zoho Projects is what small businesses need to keep ahead

Reviewed on 23/08/2016

We have multiple departments within a small business that take projects from start to finish. With Projects we are able to create tasks specific to each department and even team member in order to track cost for each project. It has helped so much with determining resource allocations and staying on budget.

It has a mobile App
You can customize everything

Cons

It might seem daunting starting from scratch, you really have to have an idea of how your company's setup is going to look before you can start.

Bonnie W.

Why I Love Zoho Projects

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Pros

We use Zoho Projects for our business. It is a great way to manage our clients and workflow

Cons

It would be great if we could save sort settings so that it would remember my filters

Maria V.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The best way of taking the continuity of your projects

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

One of my allies for the activation, control and project follow-ups mas specific and with a functionality without equal.

Pros

One of the best options that Zoho has is the project module; his detail in the form in since every step realizes for the activation of the same one and in the fulfillment of his activities since in times of delivery one of the allies plays the role of Zoho project mas important in the field of development. His functionality in the activities, the tiempo of response, if the activity that him continues is based on the previous one or can be done as a whole, does that the module is of great help to take a complete control of the service. You prop the form of notifications at the moment of finishing an activity it helps yourself to have the knowledge of the whole operation.

Cons

The module is a bit difficult to deal if it is the first time that you it use, you have to practise and understand every function to be able to load the activation of a project on a client.

Angela N.

Fantastic Tools

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Pros

In general Zoho have fantastic tools, the constant updates and improvements are great bonuses and the support is always quick and friendly.

Cons

There are some features that need to be developed or improved but feedback has been given and more than likely ia in a future update.

Bosshoss

Great Software but also a work in progress

Reviewed on 10/10/2013

Currently being used as a tracker for projects at our Engineering Firm. It seems to provide the "works" that our engineers like, such as Gantt Charts, different task views, and detailed task management. However, we require some customization because we use their "Projects" tab to report our overall progress. I've asked them to help add certain features (one of which was to add a % completion bar on the page next to each project) which they DID do! I was impressed that they made an effort to customize. However, there are additional requests I have put in that are on the "to-do" list which could take time. For the price we pay and functionally, its a great investment. Their email support is usually very responsive and address my issues in a timely manner. Plus they have a freemium version which, hey, would never hurt to try.

Pros

Gantt charts (SUPERB)
Hierarchical tasks (parents + subtask creation)
Dependencies for tasks
Dropbox integration
Zoho-sheet editiing of files THROUGH projects (very valuable)

Cons

Projects is slowly upgrading itself to a more 'perfect' software.

Some customization needed based on industry/client needs

Jon P.

Jon Pryor - Kingdom Productions

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Overall very pleased with a few minor disappointments.

Pros

The functionality and simplicity, as well as the integrations.

Cons

The lack of ability to edit status' in My Tasks view across all projects. Also, no feature to view project specific allocated manpower company wide in real time for capacity purposes.

Charles Y.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great tool for product management

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Overall it's a great product and a simple one that enables developers to use easily.

Pros

What our organization likes about the product is that it has a simple to use interface, with Kanban for Agile our lifecycle management and support resource views to see how loaded people are each week.

Cons

We are hoping that more features will come especially when it comes to at source feature tracking and more features when it comes to Agile especially for Scrum flows and iterations.

Alessandro S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Project Team Integration

Reviewed on 08/12/2018

Centralizing all communication to find it when needed and controlling all pending activities.

Pros

Organization of the mais topics regarding project management like activities and documents, but would be better improved if focused in a capital equipments projects and etc.

Cons

Risk Management, Issue tracking, financial reporting, times and document revision and tramittals focused for a big projects.

Humberto V.
  • Used for 1+ year

Best price value relationship for projects management systems

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

This is a great entry-level system. Anyone who has not used project management software before will find in Zoho Projects a powerful tool to get started. For experienced users, Zoho makes collaboration and tracking an easy task. The fact that you can start with a free version makes it even more attractive.

Pros

Easy to use, great user - interface continued improvements, integration with Zoho CRM and integration with other market applications, useful reports, exceptional support and collaboration facilities.

Mouhssin J.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Suitable for projects management

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Pros

Real time workflow, Complete options, interactive lay out, Dashboard, tools for Project management,

Cons

Displays to be improved,

Jorge A.

Sufficient but could improve

Reviewed on 20/04/2017

Perhaps is just that our operation is unconventional but we still find the interface a bit heavy.

Pros

Timesheets tool is an awesome feature to which we rely a lot.
Task Management is also great to assing resources and keep the track of it

Cons

As a manager I struggle a lot when need reports, which is a tool that is sold separately. Also our business requires one person to be involved in many different projects and sometimes its overwhelming for the team.