Zoho Projects Reviews

4.3/5

Jhon
Jhon
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A homogeneous distribution of responsibilities guarantees project success

Reviewed on 16/06/2023

In many occasions with the eagerness to achieve corporate objectives the allocation or distribution of the different tasks is something cumbersome and exhausting for some team members and tracking progress is much more exhausting, this causes that objectives are not achieved or that some members have much more workload than others, Zoho Projects allows us to optimally manage each and every one of our projects or tasks, distribute them homogeneously, make a detailed monitoring of both the progress of the task or the people involved in them; All this translates into work effectiveness, time optimization, a good use of this resource considerably increases the performance of the team and exploits the capabilities of its members.

Pros

Continuously our operation is measured with a series of operational indicators that show the status of the work group, many of these metrics depend on individual team members, but there are other correlated ones that depend on more than one member of the group, here comes into play and in a very efficient way Zoho Project as it presents us with a platform capable enough to allow us to schedule each and every one of the objectives that month by month are evaluated to our group, through the tool I can easily distribute the tasks to each team member and analyze their progress as the week or month progresses and based on this reassign other tasks or otherwise add more members to the task to achieve its completion, an important point is that we can realize that member is overloaded with work in order to balance loads, This is very useful and is reflected in productivity, all the above mentioned although it sounds complex in the Zoho Projects platform is not, even the interface is very intuitive and allows you to customize the views of the different projects according to our taste or need.

Cons

There are more benefits than negative points about Zoho Projects, maybe at first getting familiar with the different types of views where you can see the daily, weekly and even monthly distribution of the different tasks is a bit cumbersome, of course, the tool has filters and aids to adjust the view according to your own comfort, for example for some team members the kanban view is extremely clear although I particularly prefer compact and filtered weekly, so I realize the short and medium term objectives.

Amanda F
Amanda F

With Zoho Projects we have been able to be more efficient managing our projects

Reviewed on 18/06/2023

We were able to plan, coordinate, and manage all of our work projects in a safe and straightforward manner after using Zoho Projects.organize, coordinate, and manage all of our work initiatives in a streamlined, risk-free manner.

Pros

Zoho Projects is a stress-free way to collaborate with your team. In order for a project to be successful, it usually requires input from a number of people. You can use the chat box at any time without having to leave the page or switch tabs.

Cons

The time monitoring software is complicated and difficult to use. Why this particular device was ignored is baffling. The availability of resources is limited. Zoho contains dozens of apps for different purposes, and they could be more easily navigated if they were categorized.

Esther

Best OF All Time Project Management Tool.

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Pros

Task creation and assignment is one aspect of Zoho Projects that I like.I can easily plan and manage projects with Zoho Projects.I can easily view project status with Zoho Projects.It is simple to track project progress with Zoho Projects.

Cons

I lack any shortcomings with Zoho Projects as it suits best my project management needs.

Nagesh
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Good task management tool

Reviewed on 23/04/2024

Good task management tool, team, collaboration

Pros

Good task management tool, team, collaboration

Cons

Good task management tool, nothing as such. But slightly on reporting side

Giedrius
  • Industry: Furniture
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Zoho project, Freda

Reviewed on 12/03/2024

It's very good project management system easy to use, there is a lot of room to customisable, by yours needs

Pros

Project and task management, customisable

Cons

That Head of department can't see all his employee tasks

Jira and Notion

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects

Because this product has project templates and has gantt and it's easy to schedule all project task and see when has to make there jobs done.
Maddie
Maddie
  • Industry: Computer Games

Zoho Projects enables proper Project Management

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

Project managers, engineers, and consultants can all manage and administer projects from any location with the help of Zoho Projects. A browser-based, cross-platform, and rather user-friendly SaaS solution. It has all the capabilities one would expect from a program of this type.

Pros

We required a Project Management capability that integrated seamlessly with our CRM and Service Desk Line of Business systems and promoted information sharing across the board. To prepare for management meetings, one may manually create an Excel project schedule that includes task tracking and a Gantt chart.

Cons

Not all browsers are supported, and not all of the functions of Task Management are present. Several additional vexing features of the current implementation of the Project Template should also be improved upon.

Jackson
  • Industry: Higher Education

Outstanding, Top-notch and Altruistic Digital Issue, Project and Task Tracking

Reviewed on 09/05/2024

Outstanding and agile reliable cloud project and task management tools.
Team communication and...

Outstanding and agile reliable cloud project and task management tools.
Team communication and online proofing and file sharing.

Pros

Dashboard workflow visualization.
Task and employee scheduling.
Online project budgeting, business plan and monitoring capabilities.
Starting more than one project at the same time.
Ease of userbility and time,expense and activity tracking and monitoring.
Awesome general workflow management tools.

Cons

Zero drawback/con to mention because it solves all.

Bonnie

A remarkable and unrivalled Project Management Software.

Reviewed on 13/05/2024

Pros

Getting started with Zoho Projects is simple and fast.Again,I can plan,organize and manage my projects using Zoho Projects.Additionally,I can easily track project progress efficiently with this project management software.

Cons

With Zoho Projects,I can achieve my project goals hence nothing to complain.

Alex

OPM & PPM Platform of this Era

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Pros

Zoho Projects makes it easy for me to track time and expenses on projects automatically.

Cons

I have never experienced any flaw on Zoho Projects.

Mani
  • Industry: Information Services

Zoho Project Management Review

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Pros

Linking tasks between Sprints and Projects

Cons

Link to to Microsoft SharePoint features should be improved.

Alin

Zoho Projects Review

Reviewed on 21/03/2023

Zoho Projects as a whole is an efficient Project Management Software for Development companies and software companies. The UI/UX part of the software is good with customizable screen themes. Auto- mail for completed tasks, reminder for uncompleted task and time log of weekly activity is readily available, which makes Zoho Projects an overall Good- to-go project and task management tool.

Pros

1.Zoho Projects handles efficient Project Management.2.Resource Allocation to particular project and time tracking is good.3. Project Timelines and Dependencies with Critical Path can be measured.4. Each Project can have a task list, task and subtasks.5. Client can be assigned a user to view the status of projects.

Cons

1. Since, its a SaaS model application, sometimes slowness in loading is observed.2. Pricing can be much more cost efficient.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects

Zoho Projects has much more capabilities and pricing is also cost effective for companies.

A practical solution for small teams

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

It is a practical and easy to use project planning suite although it has limited functionality in the smaller plans that does not allow people to test it before committing to an upgrade.
You cannot test a project plan solution without properly using tasks and subtasks.

Pros

The ability to link to other Zoho solutions (CRM etc) and integrate information from various functions and third parties in project planning and implementation.

Cons

Problematic value for money for small teams that need more functionality. Also, there is no ability to customize functionality and price package.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects

Asana was not easy to use and coordinate team efforts.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects

Zoho is connected to the Zoho CRM solution- easy to switch within a unified environment
Pablo
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great Product , great Value.

Reviewed on 20/06/2023

Overall we have a great experience, finally choose to other two Free Tools

Overall we have a great experience, finally choose to other two Free Tools

Pros

Easy to start to use.Many features.Good value for the money

Cons

Hard to track time on the project (too many clicks ).Not so easy for the team to do de onboarding.Doesn't have a public and documented APIs for automation.

Jira and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects

Free products with more features when you integrate them

ClickUp and Clockify

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects

Better value for the money
Alex
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Zoho Projects, an easy-to-use, efficient and highly capable project management software.

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

The implementation of Zoho Projects was a success, Zoho Projects allowed us to manage, plan, coordinate and manage in a secure and easy way all our projects at work.manage, plan, coordinate and manage safely and easily all our projects at work, which helped us at the time of execution, development and completion, a very positive experience with this software, also their support team is great; very attentive, timely and willing to help with any request.

Pros

We have used it for a couple of years and really Zoho Projects is a great software to manage, plan, coordinate and securely manage all our projects at work, a great advantage is that it is cloud based which allows us to access from anywhere and any device, it provides us with all the essential tools to manage our projects, at the same time provides a simple and intuitive user interface that can be navigated very easily and smoothly, its initial implementation can be carried out with very little effort, It also favors and encourages team collaboration and provides us with different means to communicate with team members, it is flexible and allows us to assign tasks conveniently according to the skills, knowledge and skills of each of the members, it also allows us to monitor the progress and development of the project which in the end is a plus for us because we can exercise more control in its development and execution to meet the objectives and delivery date, last but not least as is common and everyday in the tools provided by Zoho integrates very well with native and third party tools.

Cons

I think Zoho Project is a great tool for project management, it offers a long list of benefits to whoever uses it, besides, it provides numerous functions and tools for the successful development of work projects, it is efficient, secure and works very well; Zoho Projects does an excellent job, we have not really had any relevant inconvenience during all the time we have used it, but I do consider that the task search function is limited and needs improvement because it only allows us to search for tasks within the product that is consulted at the time that is, it would be very useful that searches were extended to all projects that are stored in the tool to have a broader picture.

Roshi

Love this product- others don't compare!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Love this product and I recommend it for anyone managing something on their own, or with teams....

There's just minor improvements, like the Tasks and Time tracking thing I mention above, that need refining.
And while customer service is also great (I can always reach a human),the knowledge base and Help sections needs user experience streamlining.

With the value pricing and the robustness of this product, I will always recommend this product to anyone - and do!

Pros

Clear user design with logical and clear content and category designations. Love that they offer multiple view options for those who, say for example, would rather have a Kaban view over a more linear list breakdown.

I have yet to find anything else as clearly user friendly and LOGICAL in organization. A lot of other sites I've used try too hard to be cool and modern, and actually end up causing user confusion with all their different layers. It's exhausting. But with Zoho Projects, I can go in quickly and get what I need!

Also love how it interfaces with other Zoho products, such as Invoices, and I can export my time sheets.

I love that I can hit a timer on my tasks, too.

Overall, it has great standard operations with plenty of options for customization.

Cons

Sometimes the invoice functions seem redundant to someone using the Zoho Invoices, and that has caused me to accidentally create some duplicates within Projects (when I was really just trying to create an invoice in Invoices), and I have had to clean up my own mess. That's the one area I think they made things a little more convoluted.

I can't think of any other major cons - I've never had issues with this product. I don't use the Bug Tracker at all, so I can't speak to that.

In Documents, it's unclear up front whether, when I pull a document in from a cloud, if it's going to sync any changes with that cloud app (like Google Drive, etc), or if it's just importing as is.

Their Learning Center is also woefully organized. I can't search any topics, though the visualization videos you first land on are helpful for starters. But the info I REALLY can search is in the general Zoho Getting Started section...those knowledge centers should be merged and not be so confusing. Even the Forums in Projects help, I can't even search a topic on them on the landing page...so odd!

And, lastly, it would be so great if Tasks had more Duration options. If it had an option where I could set a Task in HOURS, rather than only Days, then I could actually track something regularly hourly per week as well as track my weekly progress on it. Right now, I can't do that, I have to do that manually :(
And, you can't seem to delete a Duration period once you've put it in (without also setting an end date). what if I just accidentally put in a duration?!

Barend
Barend
  • Industry: Design

the best

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

your heart

your heart

Pros

better than all the restTime is a precious resource that shapes our lives in profound ways. It provides structure, enabling us to plan, organize, and achieve our goals. Time's passage allows for growth, learning, and experiences that contribute to our personal development. It serves as a measure of progress, helping us track accomplishments and milestones. Time's limited nature reminds us of the urgency to make the most of each moment. Ultimately, understanding the importance of time encourages us to prioritize what truly matters and make meaningful contributions to our lives and the world around us.

Cons

better than anyoneTime is a precious resource that shapes our lives in profound ways. It provides structure, enabling us to plan, organize, and achieve our goals. Time's passage allows for growth, learning, and experiences that contribute to our personal development. It serves as a measure of progress, helping us track accomplishments and milestones. Time's limited nature reminds us of the urgency to make the most of each moment. Ultimately, understanding the importance of time encourages us to prioritize what truly matters and make meaningful contributions to our lives and the world around us.

I wanted to love it.

Reviewed on 09/04/2019

I wanted to love ZOHO Projects and all of ZOHO suits. And I still believe the concept is a fantastic one. Most of the major apps any small business will need one place. But it felt like ZOHO haphazardly patched together apps from several different creators.

I will be happy to try ZOHO again, once integration becomes more seamless. I look forward to newer versions!

Pros

The single login with the ZOHO suite was a nice feature. I tried ZOHO primarily because I wanted one suite for the majority of my business app needs.

Cons

My major complaint falls into two categories:
1. Integrations between ZOHO's own products are not as good as could be. And I have seen better integration with other PM software and third-party apps.
2. ZOHO suite, in general, does a lot of things, but most things not well.

I signed up for ZOHO Projects primarily because I wanted to integrate it with other apps in the ZOHO suite. However, I found these integrations were not seamless and nowhere near as functional as they could be. For example; I use both Projects and Invoices for clients, can send them invites from both applications for a client portal. However, both portals require a seperate login for the client. This frustrates clients, as they know both apps are ZOHO, yet they need separate credentials.

On my end, all of ZOHO's billing was not integrated. Which means there was a separate invoice and viewing page for billing for each ZOHO APP. I would expect billing to function more like G Suite, with all ZOHO apps billed together.

As a stand-alone PM APP I found it not to be user friendly. You can't choose which fields or features you want. We tend to use more of a Kanban methodology and would prefer if task start and end dates were not mandatory. While I like the idea of the Sprint version of this APP, I wanted some of the client management features of full Projects.

Jason

Zohoprojects - Lacks essential functionality

Reviewed on 29/04/2015

Zohoprojects looks good at first however there are some small bugs. More importantly there are MAJOR issues once everything is set up. Unfortunately we had to leave zohoprojects for privacy reasons.
Within the project management system as it is currently developed every user can see every comment and task for every other user in the project. We contacted zoho and there is no way of changing this.
Our setup currently is we have employees, contractors, managers and clients.
As far as zoho is concerned though all of the above make no difference as zohoprojects lets every user even the contractors see EVERY detail of every conversation and tasks between managers and clients.
Eventhough there are priviledge roles to prevent users from editing other users tasks they can still view EVERYTHING. Every login or message left, every detail, task, invoice etc generated for every other user.
Therefore two completely independent contractors for example could view absolutely everything that is going on with eachother. Absolutely ludicrous.
This is certainly a fundamental and very basic requirement which any project manager would expect out of the box.
Zohoprojects however seems not to care about it. We contacted them many times about this issue to find a workaround however there is none. We got a nice apology from India but unfortunately that is not enough. This lack of functionality can not be omitted. It is essential.

All it needs is a tick box within each project titled "Tick for Assigned users to be able to view tasks and milestones only"

In summary:
If you are intending to use zohoprojects to manage one or more contractors and employees for your business then DON´T. You could do more damage to your business through this lack of privacy functionality than good if you do. As every project user can see EVERYTHING that everyone else is doing including any login or sensitive information that is posted. There is no way of making any message or task private. Also ALL client information can be viewed by EVERY user also.
Zoho does have a solution to client information being visible to all the users which is to set up one project for clients and one for workers.
Surely that negates the complete purpose of the system in the first place?

All I can say is "It´s a shame".

Unless they fix it soon they will certainly lose huge amounts of customers and revenue just the same as they have now lost ours.

Pros

When there are problems with the platform a very apologetic response from India arrives in your mailbox explaining that there is no solution.

Cons

no privacy between users
no privacy for clients from users

Juan
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

My experience in ZOHO is amazing. My life changed when I discover this program.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

My experience in ZOHO is amazing.We are a company operating in 7 countries (Spain, Morocco, USA, China, Vietnam, Korea, France). We are about 120 active people in product and process development.
ZOHO has allowed a correct platform to do the communication between different countries.
Also, we have improved the project procedure implementation.
We are 150 people in ZOHO projects. We are working in several countries (Spain, Morocco, France, Korea, China, Vietnam, USA). Now all projects for new products, problems solutions, etc, are managed in ZOHO with a acceptable level implementation of the procedure.

Pros

Correct functionality for project management.
Available basics tools.
Easy and intuitive use.
Very Cheaper
High control of the activities by the managers

Cons

Not possible to install in our server. This is a problem for us (not big problems, but we prefer run in our server).
The GANTT view should be improved. It is not very clear, and complicated the export for communication with other people without access the system
Document for training is poor.
Not exist report system.
somo people has not clear the daily task.
The milestones are only informative (or I don't know the real idea of the ZOHO designers with this concept).
A little complicated for the project manager (this is my case).

Ken

This has been an easy to use and fast deployment app

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

Ease of use. Value for money. Useful features

Ease of use. Value for money. Useful features

Pros

This solution allowed us to become operational with our customers very quickly, and to provide a way to collaborate with them. The fact that it is online allows us to have common access with our clients and to provide transparency.
Previous to using this, all team members had their own versions of PM tools that were not compatible and made for a very frustrating experience when trying to collaborate.
Our clients like the fact that they have access to be able to contribute to the success of our projects.
Zoho as a company have made changes as part of our feature requests that continue to make the experience of using this solution more pleasurable.
Having a single price point for unlimited users and projects also made a huge difference when choosing a solution.
This is a highly recommended app for any size organization

Cons

There really isn't a downside considering the value for money. If the cost was inline with more expensive alternatives that have more features I could see that being an issue.

Jordan
Jordan

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

Zoho Projects, one of the best cloud-based program management and coordination tools, has an issue tracking app that facilitates networking and communication and speeds up project completion. Create a track of your activities using Zoho Projects' iOS mobile apps.

Pros

A cloud-based initiative is a software creation activity that has more than one million customers worldwide. It enables you to effectively schedule and execute your activities. You can quickly delegate tasks, collaborate efficiently with all colleagues and partners, be mindful of all development reports, generate timely reminders of construction activity, and execute project schedules at a certain time of events. With a huge range of third-party frameworks, projects would be an excellent fit for the workplace.

Cons

Zoho prototypes are difficult to customize. Its scalability is somewhat constrained for certain features. It is helpful for project creation, but it lacks a forum for individual communication. People do not like to rely on Zoho tasks to switch works to Excel in order to communicate with others.

Parth

Collaborative Project Management Platform That Streamline Workflow

Reviewed on 14/03/2023

It is utilized throughout the organization as a collaboration tool to monitor project status, deadlines, and workloads. There are no limitations on how many projects you can make. I don't believe any other software now makes it easy for me to switch between multiple projects at once.

Pros

In order to keep an accurate track of our customers' projects and share all of the most significant task highlights, it is quicker to deploy templates and follow tasks for our projects. Moreover, Ghannt charts and reports are included. It also has an accessible calendar. Compared to other platforms, it enables you to customize your tasks more.

Cons

Not everything about time tracking is seamless. The mobile version is essentially useless. Sometimes the invoice function appears pointless. Basic features like repeating tasks are lacking.

Diana
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Flexible program but terrible support

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

We felt a bit frustrated with their support and didnt want to buy into their model anymore.

Pros

We enjoyed setting this program up because it had flexibility to allow us to set it up for our marketing business and also cosmetics. We had many contractors too so it was great we could track their times for each task.

Cons

Once we started adding more users, it became too expensive. In the end, we had to step away from this because we had over 30 users and we needed something that wouldn't charge so much for adding new users. We needed a better package deal. Support was terrible and they tried to lure us in with paying for support.

Microsoft Project

More features and functions

Trello
  • Industry: Design

Zoho Projects has a lot of tools for its price. But it tries a little bit too much.

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

As a project director of an office with 15 people designing it has helped me a lot to organize resource and track project insights early. But the daily users doesn't take the advantage of it.

Pros

Zoho Projects is one of the softwares with more tools and connected to different platforms that I know. The ability to track tasks, hours. and other project indicators is awesome.

Cons

Even tho is capable of almost anything that other software can do is a little bit "unfriendly" if you are not highly capacitated on it. It takes a lot of time for the daily user to log hours into different tasks and projects so at the end of the ay a lot of users don't use a lot of the tools.

The same applies for the customer when you want them to use it. It is complicated and the notifications on everything sometimes annoy them. This is maximized with the lack of self customer service, more friendly and updated training videos or guides would help a lot.

mothanna

Project Management tool with wide capablities but lack a bit of common sense!!

Reviewed on 27/09/2017

Zoho provides great capabilities within their tools, but the problem is the user experience is horrible. This can be seen in both their project management and CRM tool.

Pros

Fixed price and not based on number of users.
Time tracking and Gantt chart as well as the ability of having different view of the tasks. For example we use the classic view for project management and Kanban view for task management and internal run of the business.
Task list and sub tasks capabilities, as well as being able to allocate resources to subtasks.
The ability to create an account for clients for limited view of the project.
file storage and management, as well as document editor and spreadsheet editor.

Cons

Here I will talk about the hidden problems that you won't notice unless you used the tool in real life projects.
Can't save your filtered view and each time one logs in to their account they need to choose their view and apply the filter.
when the subtasks timelines are not controlled by the timeline of the main task which doesn't make sense. For example if I create a main task that starts at the beginning of the month and finish by the end of that month, it is a common sense that all the subtasks should fall within this period.
The tool is complicated to use and not easy to navigate and that put off some of our engineers to get active on it.