Zendesk Sell

All-in-one sales platform for sales teams.

4.1/5

Erik L.
  • Industry: Online Media

Long time user

Reviewed on 15/01/2020

In the beginning when it was BaseCRM it was a nice system to use. After it became Zendesk sell all the extra functions become more expensive and there are better systems to use.

Pros

It's easy to store clients and manage your deals.

Cons

It's not very well integrated and we found a better system to use. Sinds 2013 we had a subscription and this was still active till April. When I wanted to delete my account on time, my complete account was deleted right away and that's it. No money refund when you pay for 7 years in a row prepaid and no access anymore for the period you paid for. This is how they treat customers who want to try something different after being a customer for 7 years .

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Sell

I didn't
Trent E.
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used for 1+ year

Powerful and simple sales management tool

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

I mostly used Zendesk Sell when it was the Base CRM, though they've both worked and functioned very similarly. They have created a super easy-to-use interface that makes keeping track of and interacting with clients both simple and easy. Being able to read whole past interactions as well as see relevant sales data makes it a perfect choice for a small business. I don't know how well suited it would be to a large business, but one can hope it would work well.

Pros

- Simple input for contact information for different clients and potential clients
- Super easy to create deals and potential purchases for clients
- Schedule appointments, set reminders, and send emails all from within the program
- Check metrics and numbers of different members of the sales team for different times and situations.
- Allows others to quickly catch up on what has happened in client interactions by reading through the emails that have been sent previously
- Easily sort through customer lists to find people who are relevant under different categories

Cons

- Sometimes too easy to change things that have been set by others
- Contact uploading/downloading in .csv files is a bit of a pain at first, but not terrible to get used to.

Jared H.

Solid SMB/SME CRM. Reports are lacking but otherwise great UX

Reviewed on 17/05/2017

Pros

- Direct mail integration (no bcc required) saves everyone a world of hassle
- Very easy to create customized lists of deals
- Mobile app is very, very good
- Easy to customize deal page with relevant info including "smart links" to 3d party sites
- Decent UI and easy to understand
- Integrated Dialer would be great if we weren't already using Dialpad
- Quick onboarding, decent SFDC import
- Zapier integration

Cons

- Reporting is completely inadequate:
- No good way to report on lead sources
- No way to report on leads by assignee
- No way to create new reports if the pre-made ones don't do enough for you
- The UI is surprisingly slow. Like, a-full-second-for-a-simple-lookup slow. This is not a complete dealbreaker, but is pretty irritating
- Associating contacts to deals doesn't associate your comms w/them to the same deal, so if you have a lot of back and forth with someone about a deal, but forgot to add them to that deal in Base, you won't see the communication on the page for that deal.

Adam S.

Zendesk keeps us organized

Reviewed on 14/04/2021

Zendesk has allowed us to keep track of who is doing what on the team, so that we can avoid double booking or stepping on toes.

Pros

Zendesk Sell is easy to use, pushes notifications where needed, and is great for small teams.

Cons

There can be frustrating roadblocks, such as when there are similar names or the CRM gets confused, however this can usually be smoothed out fairly quickly.

Mary R.

BASE CRM: Love it!

Reviewed on 25/11/2015

Pros

BASE is clean and simple, yet powerfully effective as a CRM. It's intuitive, extremely user-friendly, supplies lots of video tutorials and access to the California team for FAQ's, and has all the features other, more complicated, expensive CRM's have. It allows you to tailor your database to fit your needs; and track sales, tasks, and pipeline projects in graphic form. It's affordable and has a great app for mobile phones that allows access to contacts, notes, tasks, and a workable platform while on the go in real time. It's simple to teach new users how to navigate and utilize. Adding or deleting users is simple, and access to the CRM information can be limited / private, or made public for the entire team to access. I feel like it's hip and cutting edge product; not at all stuffy.

Cons

The one complaint I have is when you do talk to a team member over the phone, there's a lot of background noise in their office. I also wish some of the commonly-used fields would transfer to new Contacts, like Phone Number and Industry so that those don't have to be retyped with new contact entry.

Brian B.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used for 2+ years

The Base CRM app is for the truly organized.

Reviewed on 02/03/2018

Base CRM is a customer relation mangement tool with a low price tag and high return. Check it out.

Pros

I bought this in the iTunes App store a few years ago and remember it was a really good app. The only issue is its for the truly organized. I realize that I was not the type of salesman for this app. This app is for a salesman who truly sets appointments and needs to care about and follow up with his/her leads. It has goals and everything imaginable. I was just a simple windshield replacement guy who came for a one stop close and moved on. I also attempted using this for my sales as a home security guy but it never stuck with me. The reality is this is for larger sales and more "qualified" and traditional salesmen and businessmen. Check it out. If it is right for you you will appreciate it 100%. All that I said will make sense when you actually see it. It was cheap enough to have no money wasted .

Mandi D.

Easiest CRM for on-the-go use

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

Pros

great mobile app. ability to see the number of times a client has viewed an email! Easy to use deals/opportunities function. Love that it automatically logs calls/emails to the relevant contact.

Cons

I wish it had better integrations with other softwares. It has several that it integrates with, but the integrations are minimal at best and completely non-functional at worst. Better integration with accounting and digital marketing softwares would be nice for me and might be critical for other industries

Tia W.

Great CRM

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

I use Base daily to keep track of my notes and clients. I can upload files and import my emails so everything is in one place. Every day I go through my daily tasks and update my deals. The tool is easy to use with a lot of options.

Pros

I really like to have everything in one place. All of my files, emails, tasks, contacts, notes, everything is all connected. Having it all in one place simplifies my life a lot. I also like that you can assign things to other people.

Cons

The mobile app is awful and rarely works.

Will O.

I implemented and used Base

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

Very pleased with Base. Good software and good people supporting it.

Pros

It has robust capability and is rather easy to learn how to use. Even with minimal time invested in training you can get a lot of use from the tool.

Cons

There are some navigational thing that are not intuitive to use. They work but you have to learn how to move around the way that they designed it.

Justin M.

Everything I have ever wanted in A CRM

Reviewed on 07/09/2016

Pros

Base is great for small companies that want to get started with a CRM that has fantastic user support, easy information entry, and fantastic smart lists. If you are a company that has between 100 to about 2000 clients, you will love Base and their team. It's powerful, and can be taught in a day and shows users value from day one.

Cons

Let's face it, you are town between using Base or Salesforce, and so were were. While base is cost effective in the beginning, we spent hundreds of engineering hours trying to migrate to Salesforce eventually, resulting in a negative savings. While I love Base for it's simplicity, if you know you will one day move, move to Salesforce today. Maybe one day Base will offer the amount of features and integrations that Salesforce has, but not today.

Easy, convenient, effective

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Information all in one. Easy access to notes. Email synced to notification for appts or follow ups.

Pros

All the information for a client is stored into one. You can see if an email was sent outside of Base or if an email that was sent from Base was opened and if so, how many times.

Cons

It does sometimes shut down and if so it does for hours. Believe they may have fixed the glitch though as it has not happened in some time

Doug M.

My favorite CRM

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Pros

Base has taken away all the manual entry that sales reps complain about. The mobile app is excellent and allows the sales reps to instantly update their activity, accounts, and pipeline.

Cons

They should continue to look at integrating their system into more software programs that will add value to a sales reps and business capabilities, while keeping Base a very sales a focused program.

Derek B.

Base - a good product for small companies

Reviewed on 13/03/2015

Pros

Base is really simple to use and has invested a lot in continuously making the user interface clean and intuitive. We really like the visualness of watching deals move through the pipeline.

Cons

At the time of our use, it lacked some of the more sophisticated reporting you would find in some of the major CRM providers. We found it difficult for each functional area (Sales, Account Relations, Support) to use – it served better as a deal tracking tool.

Cole G.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

One of the best CRM's around

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

We didn't want our entry level sales reps to have access to the information for CEO's and other C-level contacts. Our old CRM didn't let us assign access. Only what people could change within a contact.

Pros

We needed to find a CRM that would allow us to assign access at different levels. Other CRM's had fallen short for this.

Cons

It's a little more expensive than I like if you want to use all the features.

Gregory B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A very nice sales pipeline with nice editing and filtering features

Reviewed on 13/04/2018

Pros

Nice user interface.
Nice ability to edit data on custom lists without needing to open a form.
Pretty easy to create and filter lists, then store the configuration for later.
Email integration is nice for storing all your conversations.
Base handled the import well and was good at working with our sales people.

Cons

Support is only by email and often takes a day to answer your question.
Although you can customize by adding fields and manipulating views, there are aspects of the pipeline you can't change.
The help system and documentation leaves a good deal to be desired when digging into the system.

Denise H.
  • Used for 1+ year

Great entry-level CRM, friendly and helpful support, good core CRM for your growing company.

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

Pros

The dashboard is good and the ease of 'deal' creation and updating is excellent. The ability to modify various records, deals, etc. from just about any screen is very useful and a time saver.

Cons

Most of the useful features do not come with the 'baseline' product. They require upgrades to various levels. Among these features are the ability to generate customized extracts and reporting.

Harrison B.

The So-So CRM

Reviewed on 01/09/2016

Pros

Creating and maintaining contacts in BASE was pretty easy and intuitive. It also pretty easy to add various tags to leads/customers based upon certain sorting criteria.

Cons

BASE just lacks features. Its lacking a lot of strong integrations. Creating and building workflows/charts/stat trackers was either too difficult or unintuitive. BASE does work and serves a need, but does not work well with big data. Once our company reached a certain size, BASE could no longer support our growing needs.

Jasper S.

Very good tool if you are an independent sales rep.

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Pros

Complete customization for your needs pertaining to your industry & customers and allows you to input as much information as you would like.

Cons

Actually, I can't say that I don't like the platform. it was a very useful tool when I was an independent rep. I was not a huge fan of the way you could link your phone to a number provided by BASE but that is just a personal preference. I like people seeing my number on their phone when I call instead of a "dummy" number.

Zach L.

Base is okay. I probably wouldn't recommend them.

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

I get to track my leads. That is a big deal to me.

Pros

I like how I can keep track of my leads. I can turn them into whatever categories I choose and I can follow them through until they become clients.

Cons

I don't like the lack of integrations. When I want to integrate with other software Base is very lacking in that regard.

Great CRM

Reviewed on 24/05/2016

At my company we use Base CRM to keep track of notes, schedule appointments, create tasks, keep track of deals and more. It's very easy to use. We work with hundreds of media stations. Base helps us keep track of what each station is doing.

Pros

I really like the email integration. It's nice to see email threads in the notes.

Cons

I wish the mobile app was as easy to use as the desktop.

Jude D.
  • Industry: Philanthropy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Quite intresting

Reviewed on 10/05/2017

Pros

Simplicity and ease of use, I like the layout and the fact that it integrated well into my companies' system

Cons

Pricing seems a little steep for my company, could do with a little more friendly GUI apart from these works fine

Bartosz P.

Good CRM for small comapnies

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

Pros

I've used this CRM for my own company, which is one-man business. It was useful in managing all my clients contacts, deals etc. The mobile version is nicely done so nothing was annoying at all.

Cons

Actually I haven't used this in a big group so don't really know how it will be working with big amount of data. Didn't find anything wrong so far.

Michael R.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Love this CRM

Reviewed on 28/11/2016

Base CRM is an awesome tool. I've used other CRMs before, but this one is one of the leaders. It's easy to use, especially when I'm on the go. Base really helps users organize client info provides clear data that I can use to grow my business. I love it.

Pros

A variety of tool within the software. Easy to use from my mobile device.

Diego S.

Worst CRM I have used, doesn't work half the time and has terrible customer support

Reviewed on 20/11/2017

Avoid this, stick to either Salesforce or Hubspot. Wanted to give this system a chance but the code is so bad and the amount of times things break or functionality doesn't work is shocking. Upgraded our service and half the stuff stopped working... My director is so tired of using them that we are going to migrate to Hubspot or anything else. Their customer support has been really below par.

Pros

The recording of the calls feature.

Cons

It's slow, breaks down at times, calls don't work half the time, entering numbers to call can't be done in certain ways on some forms, support is slow. Smart lists views leave way too much spase at the top of the screen, so you can only see a few contacts at a time.

Frank Z.

Great CRM Solution

Reviewed on 02/02/2017

I actually implemented Base CRM for a client of mine, they are a smaller firm with 10 employees but they love it and they can't function without. I would definitely recommend Base as a robust online based CRM with the great mobile app.