ClickTime

Online timesheets and resource planning tools

4.6/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.7/5

199 Software options

Sean S.

River Beats

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

Pros

Simpler user-face and better user experience

Cons

No real cons at this time. Love the product. Maybe offer users more video education on what else clicktime does well?

Clockify

Simpler user-face and better user experience
Lisa J.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

ClickTime empowers our team

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

When I came on board, we were a four-person company using Excel spreadsheets to track everything on our individual hard drives. As we've grew -- we're now four times the size we were -- we needed a way for managers to see where we were on hours in somewhat real time. ClickTime allows us to do so. Managers can run reports to see who's on vacation, how everyone is doing against their time allocation budget, where we stand on clients to date. It's a great tool that lets them see their clients' status without solely relying on the accounting department.

Pros

ClickTime is intuitive to use and set up. We use the following modules: time tracking, expense reporting, time off management and resource planning. The mobile app makes mileage, expenses and receipts a breeze to track paperlessly. Time tracking, time off management and resource planning empower our account managers to use our clients' dollars wisely and our team members to manage their time appropriately.

Cons

Data exports flat only with custom reports. It's a bit clunky in handling retainer clients. There's not a way that I know of to write off/down time.

Timesheets.com

Reasons for Switching to ClickTime

We chose ClickTime for its ease of use and a pricing model that was friendly for a small business.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your review of ClickTime!

I would love to get some more details around your retainer clients and how we may be able to create a workflow for write-ups and downs in your system.

I will reach out directly to schedule some time with you.

Adam S.

Time-saver and cost effective for our non-profit

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

Our experience has been excellent. Anthony, my customer service contact, has been amazing. Super responsive, available to help, but does not overwhelm me with questions or check ins. I appreciate that.

Pros

ClickTime was pretty easy to set-up and implement. Moving from an excel timesheet to online process makes the administrative aspects of time records management so much easier.

We are currently working to implement the expense portion of the product.

Cons

There are some formatting options I wish were available for the site admin, however customer service has made any changes a painless process. They respond quickly and thoroughly.

I wish the product allowed for a separate time-in and time-out function not assigned to a funding source or program. Additionally, the option to record general daily notes as a separate section instead of by funder would make the product perfect. We had to create some work arounds for it to work exactly as we need it. We are still working with our staff to determine the best and most accurate way to use the product for our setup.

It would be helpful for the expense section to allow for a digital signature. I realize that there is user based permissions and audit trail, but some of our funder still require a signature.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to ClickTime

It just seemed to be the best product to do what we needed. Easy to use and implement for everyone and the right price. The ability to add additional administrative management pieces is helpful.
Cheryl E.
  • Industry: Higher Education

ClickTime has enabled us to better analyze operational and project costs!

Reviewed on 23/11/2016

Clicktime has a very intuitive user interface and it is easy to setup and maintain. It has enabled our IT department to track the level of effort we spend on operational task and project activities. We have a far better understanding of where our employees spend their time and able to make more informed decisions about where to invest our effort. It is also very easy to update and change the activities that are tracked so we have been able to evolve and mature our Clicktime usage over thee last two years.

We were faced with budget cuts, which required us to make sure we were investing our time on the right activities. Clicktime has been a valuable tool and has assisted us in understanding the cost of our activities, which has supported our decision making.

Pros

Cons

There are only 3 security roles available, even though you can configure access at an individual level it can be somewhat time consuming.

Monica H.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Solid Option for Small Organization

Reviewed on 20/03/2020

Pros

Clicktime offered our non-profit of about 50 employees all of the functionalities we needed to both manage programs, track hours for payroll, as well as managed reimbursable business expenses. Navigation on the platform was intuitive. We used their reporting function often, most notably for our monthly reporting to clients. Customer support was always accessible -- always reached someone on the first call. Clicktime is a no-frills application that covers all the bases at an all-too-affordable price.

Cons

I only recall two items that I found less than ideal that, in the end, didn't impede the completion of my tasks.

One was the PTO tracker, which only allowed us to accrue on a monthly basis. We have a biweekly payroll schedule, so it would have put me more at ease if I could have synced the accrual in Clicktime to occur exactly as it did on our payroll platform.

The second oddity was some issue I had with the XML linking to Excel. It turned out that I need to use a legacy version of the XML data import function in Excel, but it took a couple of calls with multiple support people before this solution was pointed out (though in all fairness, they had outlined this in one of their help pages, but I had missed it).

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Monica,

Thank you for your review of ClickTime.

I am glad to hear that the support staff were able to help you with the few opportunities you did experience.

We are always here for you if anything else comes up.

Brea Philips

Michelle O.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great product

Reviewed on 17/01/2020

Great

Pros

Customization of timekeeping. Mobile app. Ease of reviewing and approving timesheets.

Cons

It would be helpful if we could have a more complex leave time capture. We allow staff to borrow from future accrual. We have no way to enter in expected future accrual and allow staff to borrow from that. It ends up that most of our staff have negative leave balances. Because we cant capture this accurately, we dont rely on clicktime for leave balances. If we had this feature and the ability to approve leave time in clicktime, it would be a game changer for us.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your review of ClickTime.

I have reached out to your Customer Success Manager Ethan Good to follow up with you regarding your needs in the Time-Off Module.

We would like the opportunity to learn more about your needs and can hopefully come up with a solution to help.

Amy R.

Non-profit ease of use

Reviewed on 09/03/2020

Clicktime has helped track time between all of our various programs. This has kept us more in compliance with our funders.

Pros

The app and the ability for our employees to use it remotely has been helpful. The ease of use for employees to track time between many programs throughout the day.

Cons

Clicktime has not been able to be integrated with our other processes. We are grant funded so importing into government programs hasn't been possible. We would like to see expense sheets directly link to the time sheets so for example, when billing travel you can also bill mileage. Reports with expense sheets needs to be expanded.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear that ClickTime's mobile app has been a big help for your team.

We also really appreciate and understand your need to link expenses and timesheet data in the same report. We've share your feedback with our Product team and will work together to make sure you have the best possible experience.

Beatrice C.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Excellent - Easy to use - Great Project Detail for Clients

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

We used to use a different program that took much more of my time to complete reports I needed to run our day to day business.

Pros

Very easy to use, great reports to assist you in monthly, quarterly and yearly information. Employee utilization is great for our company as we work on a bonus program quarterly. The project detail report is fantastic for our clients - easy to see how their billing came together.

Cons

I really can't think of anything else the software could provide. Try it for yourself!

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Bea,

Thanks for your thoughtful review!

We're so happy to hear that ClickTime has made it overwhelmingly easier to show the relevant project detail reports for your clients. Also, we're excited that you're finding a lot of value in the Employee Utilization to help assist in the quarterly bonus program. Keep up the great work!

Natalino B.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great Program

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

We love it & have recommended to a few of our sub-consultants.

Pros

we haven't used the program to its full capacity as we are time poor in the business, but for the amount we use it, it makes keeping log of hours, jobs & invoicing much easier from our old ways with an excel spreadsheet. It has also allowed us to be able to invoice clients for variations in jobs with justification using the program.

Cons

Not 100% sure. But haven't tried to set up sub folders & mouse point clicking of tabs for quick standard notes rather than typing the same notes over & over.

Response from Clicktime.com

Natalino,

Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime.

I'm so glad to hear that you are finding value in our product and even recommending it to others!

Maria R.
  • Industry: Online Media

Clicktime feedback

Reviewed on 25/01/2020

it´s good

Pros

I can review, assign costs, and check reports by client, project and employees, friendly usage

Cons

to customize reports is not that easy and customer service for that have to be paid, the approvers are by person instead of a project, so it´s not flexible on that, Managers reports are basic

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Maria,

Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulty with reporting.

I have reached out to Ethan Good, your Customer Success Manager to see if we may be able to help with a report builder session to get you the items that you need.

We look forward to working with you and hope that you have a fantastic day.

Brea Phillips | Customer Success Manager

Beth H.

Flexibility & Great Price

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

Phenomenal experience. I used other time tracking in prior jobs. ClickTime is more flexible, easy to use and customize, has excellent help resources and responsive customer service. They have made several thoughtful additions to the site, like leave and expense tracking, and are very responsive in developing the product to meet customer needs.

Pros

It's customizable to match our grant requirements and add-ons like leave tracking and expenses have streamlined our paperwork. The pricing for non-profits is very reasonable.

Cons

In the Leave tracking, I can't extract the notes that employees enter.

Response from Clicktime.com

Beth,

Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime.

I am so glad to hear that you've found value in our product and our services!

Kevin S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Administrator Review

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

The product is very easy to set up and use. It has significantly sped up my payroll process.

Pros

I find the flexibility of customization of reports most helpful. The tracking of employee hours against specific projects allows insures our billings do not miss projects.

Cons

I do need to spend more time with the vacation and time-off modules as we have an accrual process.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Kevin,

Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime!

I will be glad to work with you on the accrual process to help streamline it for your team.

I will reach out directly to you via email.

Suzie M.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Quick and easy but lacking functionality.

Reviewed on 27/01/2020

Clicktime works well for our business and provides good value for money. The support is great and we are able to run reports quickly and easily. There are some downsides with the lack of functionality which we would love to see remedied.

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Quick reporting.

Cons

Lack of functionality for our specific reporting requirements.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Suzie,

Thank you for your review of ClickTime!

I am glad to hear that the support team has been so helpful for you.

As your Customer Success Manager, I will be reaching out directly to see how I can help with reporting. This way I can understand your needs and either build a report that you can use or put in a feature request on your behalf.

I look forward to talking to you and hope that you have a fantastic day!

Brea Phillip s

Kristina A.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Very Good Timesheet system

Reviewed on 30/01/2020

Easy to use and great customer service in case you need any help.

Pros

Click Time is user friendly and easy to use time and expenses recording system. Our staff are using it on a daily basis thought their PC and smart phones, which means that the system is available to use whenever needed. It is a great system for running reports on different projects and also allocating budgets. We use Click Time for billing purposes, which is very helpful as can generate lots of different reports from detailed to summary ones.

Cons

Nothing really, everything runs very smoothly.

Response from Clicktime.com

Kristina,

Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime.

I am thrilled to hear that ClickTime has been so useful to you and your company!

Please let us know if we can be of any service, we are always here to help!

Sheyla C.
  • Industry: Law Practice

none

Pros

User-friendly, very affordable. How the PTO is shown on screen.

Cons

Ability to enter notes or have the notes showing.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Sheyla,

Thank you for your review of ClickTime.

We are happy to hear that you enjoy that your leave type balances are available to you directly on your timesheet. We know that can save a lot of time when you are looking at scheduling a vacation. Not to mention I am sure that the HR department enjoys it as well.

Regarding your comment on notes, I will be glad to work with you directly on this topic as it is a feature that is currently available in the system.

I will reach out to you via email so we can schedule some time together.

ClickTime|Customer Success Manager

Colleen L.

ClickTime Review

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

Overall experience is good, a few minor upgrades could be made

Pros

I love using the timer features for my daily tracking.

Cons

I would like to be able to easily duplicate a day to another day in case I accidentally track on the wrong day

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Colleen,

Thank you for your review of ClickTime.

We are thrilled to hear that you love using the timer features for daily tracking.

Regarding easily tracking duplicates; I have sent you a direct email. ClickTime's "Quick Day" or the "Recents" tab in the mobile version 2 might be exactly what you need and I will be glad to walk you through it.

Thank you again and we are always here for you with any questions.

ClickTime| Customer Success Manager

Kameron B.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

ClickTime Review - Kameron Baetge

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

Pros

I am just a user, I use it to track my time for my job (method communications) It's the first online timecard software I've used, and it is really easy to do and does not take much time at all to complete each day.

Cons

Sometimes it is really slow to load, but that honestly could be down to my connection/computer. I'm not quite sure. But otherwise, no complaints from me.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Kameron,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're happy that your experience with ClickTime has been very easy and efficient.

If you have any feedback or questions in the future, please don't hesitate to contact our Support team.

Thanks,

Mark Z.

Easy to use and tech support are quick to respond.

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

Very positive experience; finicky staff were won over.

Pros

Variety of reports available; ability for managers to correct timesheets and expense reports.

Cons

Inability to print groups of timesheets at one time.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you're able to find reports that meet your needs as well as enabling managers to take corrective action on timesheets.

I've passed along your feedback regarding printing multiple timesheets at a time for our product team to review.

We happy your experience has been positive and please reach out to our Support team anytime if you have questions.

Raymond L.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Clicktime, much value for the money

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

Main focus is the expense module. Good overview of the fields that are needed.
Reporting on expenses is easy, and reporting can be done in various ways.

Pros

Easy to use, with a user friendly interface, both desktop as mobile.

Cons

Perhaps a future to add to do mass-uploads on more data fields.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for your review of ClickTime.

I have entered a feature request on your behalf asking for an expansion on mass upload options.

Thank you for being the best part of ClickTime, only through your feedback do we know how to better serve you.

Jacqui M.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

have used Clicktime for 4 /12 years

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

Great!

Pros

It's an easy to use tool. I've used it for 4 1/2 years with no issues. Its super easy to use.

Cons

Nothing...I have had no issues. the ease of the tool is fantastic

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Jacqui,

Thank you for your review of ClickTIme!

We love to hear when people think our work is "Fantastic".

We want to thank YOU for being the best part of ClickTime. Only through your feedback can we continue to improve the customer experience.

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Jen S.

Intuitive product with great support!

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

This makes time management so much easier for employees and administrators alike.

Pros

Clicktime is so easy to use and train new staff on. I also love that they are always making improvements and keeping the software up to date with current needs.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of anything at this time.

Response from Clicktime.com

Jen,

Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime.

I am thrilled to hear that you have found ClickTime so easy to use!

Stijn P.

Straightforward and effective

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

Pros

The software is easy to use and gets the job done effectively. One of the features I like is the Timesheet View, which allows me to quickly see how much time I spent on every client/work order.

Cons

There are a few features that I would like to have:
1. Searching through comments
2. Move entries to a different Client/Work Order without having to re-create them
3. Grouping entries in custom buckets would be nice ("Client of type A", "Client of type B")
4. Ability to export to XML (or similar)
5. It could be a little faster.

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Stijn,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful review. We're encouraged by the value you've found using ClickTime for over 2 years now.

We're also interested to learn more about how we can improve your experience. I'll reach out directly to see how we can discuss more about the features you mentioned in your feedback.

Thanks,

Pallavi D.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Good product and easy to use

Reviewed on 22/07/2020

very good

Pros

easy to use, categories, projects are passed from one week to other, hence time filling is faster, also we can unsubmit if we do mistake, we do not need to go back to managers to unapprove and resubmit
timely save , addition of hours is rowwise also and column wise also. easy for project assignments

Cons

show weekend else don't show, customizations

Response from Clicktime.com

Hi Pallavi,

Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime.

We are glad to hear that it has been so easy to enter time.

Regarding the weekends showing, you can toggle this on and off under the options setting on your day or week view.

We thought it would be nice if you didn't work on weekend days to have the option to turn that function off.

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance, we are always here for you.

Liane W.
  • Industry: Think Tanks

ClickTime is an invaluable tool for time tracking and project budgeting.

Reviewed on 14/02/2017

We love ClickTime. It helps us to be more efficient, more cost-effective, and ultimately, better able to deliver for our customers. ClickTime saves us countless hours and has a tremendous ROI.

Pros

The flexibility of the system

Robert B.

Valuable Product

Reviewed on 23/11/2016

Clicktime has helped us gain insight into our business that was not possible with other software. From the robust reporting tools to the innovative ERP system, Clicktime has been a valuable product for us. We have relied on their system for over a year now and will continue to for years to come. Also, their customer support team has been top notch and always resolves issues quickly. I know I can always count on them to help with anything within the Clicktime program. I have and will continue to recommend Clicktime to my colleagues within the PR field.

Pros

ERP system. Mileage and costs expense forms.

Cons

Does not integrate with Quickbooks online.