2,033 reviews
4.4
2,033 reviews
Ralph V.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Project management and organization for the rest of us.

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

We have tried MANY project management platforms and for us to select monday.com says a lot about the product. We have a varied group of individuals within our marketing department using this tools to coordinate everything from our detailed printing requests, web and online projects to translation flow (very difficult to manage due to the many contributors involved in this process.) Monday.com makes all of this convenient and easy to follow.

Pros

Its incredibly easy to create a work flow or "Board", add participants and follow the progress of many tasks with ease. We can attach any supporting files or materials needed to each post and tag a specific user. Email and desktop notifications alert you on any activity and there is a web based site you can go to or the even better desktop and mobile app versions.

Cons

One of the few cons i can think of is the absence of a "repeating or scheduled task". I know there are ways around this but it seems like something that should be native to it.

Jake K.
Industry: Design

Easy and addicting!

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

Monday.com makes productivity addicting! Our small team likes seeing our progress and watching as tasks/"pulses" turn green and complete. It's very flexible and customizable. If you can figure out google sheets, you can figure out Monday. Their support team is also pretty good at answering emails quickly and they are very friendly.

Pros

- Monday.com is truly flexible and as easy to customize as a google sheet, but with way more power through smart columns, formulas, automations and integrations
- The color coded status column(s) make it easy to see how things are going at a glance and it's addicting to work as a team towards "all greens"! It's like the professional version of "closing the ring" on apple watch or reaching step goals on fitbit.
- The mobile app is almost as powerful as the web version, though I do wish they would bring "info boxes" on pulses to mobile since right now you can't see or edit those :(

Cons

- Monday.com is a bit expensive if you're a small team. I wish they had per user licenses for small teams instead of bundles.
- The My Week feature is nice to show you all of the tasks from all projects that you have due coming up, but I wish Monday.com let you create a "timeline of timelines" similar to Asana portfolios that let you see how all of your projects are progressing and how much (planned) time is left on them before final deadline etc.

Brendon B.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Complex or complete?

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Clever marketing brought us here, and so far the depth of the product has lived up to the hype. Monday's development is moving a good direction - if they can wean users off of email they might help me get more team buy-in.

All said, if you have a strong, vocal PM that won't accept any deliverables that didn't go through the software, this may be all that is required.

Pros

We chose this for the depth of the product, the vision of the company, and the support system. I am quite happy with the product for the time being - options, configurations and communication tools abound, and the different ways of visualizing project data are extremely helpful and open our company to opportunities.

Cons

I have used an immense variety of project management software in my time, and all bring something to the table. Monday brings everything to the table, but the table gets too full. The sheer complexity of the offerings has kept many of my users away, and often I am in the position where I am attempting to rope members back into the software in order to not have to duplicate my reporting. Intimidated by the product, they fall back to inundating the team with email. I don't quite have a picture of how I can fully build out dozens of client folders, each with 10+ boards, each board with 4-5 groups of 1-+ "pulses" each, without anything falling through the cracks, and still knowing that progress is being made. This may be an educational thing on my part.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Stuart G.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Life changing enabler of productivity for all sizes of team

Reviewed on 19/10/2017

Already covered in previous question in part.

Not needing to remember things
Empowering team to tackle tasks in an order which suits them within the bounds set.
Improvement in productivity and customer response.

Pros

Visual, its very easy to visualise tasks and see what you and your team have on by ways of workload.
Initiative, although it has many features, all are logically positioned within the webpage so you never find yourself being lost in menus.
Customisable, the boards are completely yours to design, own and use. Changes can happen instantly and hassle free meaning things can adapt to the needs of the team.
Support, when ever required, support has been readily avaliable and responsive. Bugs, although rare, have also been resolved quickly.
No subtasks, so many say sub tasks are a con, but sub tasks really cause issues and it's how to lose things, so a flat task structure hugely improves clarity.
Live system, updates and task status update instantly for all users in real time. No "who has the task spreadsheet open?" anymore.
General, this is a "to do list" which is Initiative and interactive which once properly implimented for your team will revolutionise work flow.

Cons

Speed, as use increases and boards become larger, the interface is significantly slower. Promised improvements in speed have yet to be seen.
Bulk updates, there are bulk update features for tasks however these are unavailable for all column types
Large boards, large boards are hard to mannage due to speed and bulk update/automatic date fields etc.
Bulk import, importing from excel recently avaliable is good but limited

Deborah R.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Keeps Project Management Manageable

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Overall we have been thrilled with monday.com. This was our third management software and we are extremely happy with the features provided as well as the customer service. They are very quick to respond and take into consideration new features.

Pros

Monday.com allows you to set up board templates that we use when we have a new project. This cuts down on project setup time significantly.

Cons

This product is on the pricier side. There is no free version so it is definitely a commitment for the software.

Lauren H.
Industry: Entertainment

A Long Way In Business Management

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Very positive. It's easy to use and powers through weekly workflow and truly makes the experience worthwhile. I would definitely recommend this program specifically for calendar and workflow purposes.

Pros

As a business creative and freelancer, Monday.com provides the necessary input to drive the workflow of any company. It provides fully integrated services and meets the ultimate tools necessary to make end goals meet. I've worked, for years, in art and design agencies that rely heavily upon client growth and quality of detail. This program really pulls through with its available technology and automated programming. But the one factor that truly resonates with me, in Monday.com, is its ability to take your preferences and tailor it into a productive and speedy interface. The quality of the layouts, for each part of Monday.com, really stand out (in a positive manner) and help the user to determine where they need to go quickly and efficiently.

Cons

That it doesn't have card or note templates available, like Trello does. I'm not here to compare them as one is better than the other; but rather that each one has their strengths and weaknesses. I think most of all, this would be the only minor setback that can easily be adjusted.

Jared D.
Industry: Computer Software

Get Monday.com Now!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I wish I had known about them way sooner. We've been using Trello and this is so much better. I realized though that you can only have so many users, so it may not be the best solution for our onboarding team because our customers need access to some type of shareable project management list. Trello is a simplified version of Monday. Asana isn't as user-friendly and feels a bit odd.

Pros

Monday delivers a powerful system that you can use to manage virtually anything. You can add tasks and various projects, assign owners for those projects as well as a huge variety of additional fields. Furthermore, when you have your various projects setup, there are different views you can convert to from list view to calendar to kanban.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of much that Monday doesn't do well. Maybe in terms of reporting they could up their game a bit with their formulas and calculation functionality, but it really is an incredible product.

Kelly G.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

A friendly project manager

Reviewed on 19/01/2020

I think this is the best option for traditional applications such as Excel and spreadsheets that are often not the easiest to use, this is the improved version of that. Monday has allowed us to improve in our tasks and has completely improved the order in the team as well, It is very nice to see what each team member is working on, so that we can organize better.

Pros

I like the simple thing in the main thing, and Monday It is quite useful to make a total follow-up during the different projects in which we work, besides being very simple to use that is a point in favor for any team. The support worked great when I needed it.

Cons

Although I do not see points against, I could talk about the price, which I feel that for a small company can be something difficult to afford, I would also like that in the trial version you can export all the work done.

Mildred L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Managing projects has always been so easy

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

It allows us to collaborate together on the same project, send messages when we are in a situation of little time to deliver some quick work. We administer the system, training all users to ensure that we use it similarly on all computers. Our leadership teams and management teams use it to drive success in team meetings. I would recommend it for scenarios where you are running a project and need to keep items organized. Their support is very useful, without a doubt you will not have any problem with them. The interface is incredible, very impressive, with many colors, I am sure you will like it.

Pros

The monday.com templates are very elegant, they offer a lot of fun to organize the tasks in the best way. The support is great, it has characteristics of resolution of doubts in record time. The interface is very beautiful, I feel comfortable using it. The activities list is editable by anyone.

Cons

They should make more effort to do a proper follow-up dedicated to each task. I would not hesitate to improve the work process.

Shaun F.

Ultimate Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 15/12/2019

Overall I have had a great experience with monday.com. It helps me keep track of all my tasks and plan ahead, and I'm also able to quickly and easily see what my teammates are working on. I can also comment and updates on their tasks.

Pros

I think they really thought about the end user when they developed this tool. I really like the ability to bolt switch between different projects, the automations that are available and the built in templates to help me get started.

Cons

Outside of the name Monday.com (I preferred dapulse), I would really like the ability to create my own custom rules and automations. Sometimes I feel slightly limited by the out of the box automations.

Cole R.
Industry: Consumer Goods

An Interesting Web-Based Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 04/04/2020

Monday.com is a terrific cloud/internet based project management software that keeps our projects moving towards our deadlines. While the user interface is not very intuitive, once you take the time to learn its features and functions, you can truly build management boards that keep your tasks and projects well on track for any deadlines. The software has a treasure chest of functions and features that once learned and understood make Monday.com a novel tool.

Pros

In an entire company, Monday.com is wonderful because it truly allows each team and department to build entire boards to manage projects, deadlines, and people specific to their team. These boards can remain visible or private to the remainder of the company; controlling which information is shared and when. Additionally, the seemingly endless amount of editable features on a board allow you to make a board that is very custom and specific to you and you teams needs. For example, you are able to track progress, set deadlines, assign projects, add tags, link to other boards, and upload/link to files. Monday.com can also integrate to your email to send you notifications daily or upon being mentioned.

Cons

Unfortunately, Monday.com's greatest con is that it is not user-friendly, intuitive, or straight-forward to learn. Amongst our organization, I have taken the time to learn the software in greater depth than most and I regularly find myself having to assist and educate my colleagues on how to do what they are trying to accomplish. It does not make for a satisfy initial experience and can often discourage first time users. Similarly, when a user does come across an issue or something that they are unable to complete, their customer service and online forum is not very helpful either.

Kimberly D.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Love Monday again!

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

One of our company partners has reported how much her anxiety has reduced thanks to our switch to Monday. Our clients are also very happy with the increased communication regarding their shipment and customs procedures. Finally, I love that the inbox works as a sort of 'to-do' list. Keeps me on task.

Pros

This software is absolutely the best browser-based solution I have found. I am able to provide more transparency to my clientele and collaborate with my team than ever before. Not only has it aided in communication, but is one of my primary features in our service product.

Cons

It would be nice if there were a tutorial for each guest I invite. While I find it highly intuitive, some guests need instruction on how to open a task and where to drop files. Additionally, it would be nice to see a 'to-do' section for the activities that don't make it to my inbox. Perhaps a check-box on a task, or a section that is divided by dates. The notifications is ok, or perhaps I need to learn more about how to make the dashboard do this.

Greg A.

The best tool on the market for Team Project Management

Reviewed on 19/01/2020

It's been excellent. Communication with the company has been minimal because we haven't had any issues, but when we have had a question, we've received a prompt response. The software itself was incredibly easy to implement. We had two training sessions for our team and other than an occasional check-in to discuss best practices, our team has been able to use the software without issue. It has helped our office immensely.

Pros

The visual layout and ability for all of our team to very quickly setup tasks, monitor progress, and collaborate has been the best feature of Monday.com. It's drastically different from other project management solutions on the market, but with our team of younger millennials, the visual "gamified" approach to task management (turning things green to mark them complete) has actually increased productivity and even morale. We couldn't be more pleased.

Cons

File sharing and downloading is the slightest bit clunky... we often find ourselves still sharing files via Slack or Dropbox instead of in Monday, but other than that, it's been really great and that's a minor complaint.

Industry: Automotive

Best project management tool on the market

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 21/08/2019

It is the best project management platform I have seen on the market. Free trial, very reasonable pricing. A very flexible user interface that satisfies every professional need regardless of your field.

Pros

I signed up for the free trial version of monday.com and immediately realized what a great tool it is! I have worked with Asana, Slack and Basecamp before but they don't even come close to monday.com. It gives you so many options for customization that no matter what field or profession you are in, you will find the right setting and layout. They offer great tutorial videos and the user interface is very easy to use.

You can keep all your tasks and projects in the same place, assign people to tasks, add deadlines. One of my favorite tools is that you can ask for an update on a pending project with 1 click - instead of constantly emailing and calling your team - which can make them frustrated. The other great tool is the automatic notification builder, that helps you stay up to date and constantly notifies you based on your settings. You can even build up tasks that depens on the previous task so your team members will know when you rely their task to be completed so you can start your part.

The pricing is very reasonable and they are customer service team is great, too!

Cons

I have been using monday.com for a few weeks and never had any problems with the program, the only annoying thing is they push their social media and youtube advertising really hard, so I keep getting ads every day but that is how they grew.

Jonathan H.
Industry: Events Services

Monday.Com Keeps Track of our Progress

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

My company uses Monday.com to keep track of many different projects we have going at one time - we are an events company, so we have hundreds of events in a year that each have individual processes that need to be accounted for. Monday.com has been helpful in having a broad scope of where we are at with each project. We are still ironing out the kinks to figure out what our workflow will be with this, but it is a pleasant platform to use - very aesthetically pleasing and easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Pros

I love how you can make a board with automations so that it helps you organize. For instance, I can set a project I'm working on from "pending" to "complete" in one box, and automate it so that once I hit "complete", it moves that project to the "complete" section in a different part of the board. I also love that you can integrate it with different platforms like AirTable and Slack, which is super helpful. Overall, it does a really good job of helping you have a grand overview of where you are at with a project, and helps my team see what projects have been completed and where we still have more work to do. I also know there's a lot of great other features that I haven't learned yet that could be useful to us once we get the hang of this platform.

Cons

It's a bit complex to learn, which is frustrating at first. There's a lot of formula coding and lingo Monday.com uses that you have to learn for it to make sense. I found that having a specialist help you code your page to your liking was pretty helpful. There's also some places where we set something up but there are scenarios in which this set up might get undermined by one action that would seem logical but would throw off the board. I do wish that the program helped walk you through the process of getting your workflow set up, but I'm sure that's being worked out since they are a relatively new platform.

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Monday.com Review

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Over all my experience with Monday was a 50/50 split some things I loved and some things were lacking in functionality for what we needed. Overall I didn't hate it. At the end of the day it just wasn't what we needed to be productive. I think for other users who are using it for design, and business marketing it would be a phenomenal program and the price is very affordable even if you are a small company. Monday might be what you need to get your productivity up to become an even bigger company.

Pros

I liked how Monday.com allows for easy collaboration with team members. It does take some getting used to for me it was easy to get used to because I am more of a computer person and have had many different experiences with a lot of different programs. Everyone else on my team is the complete opposite, however because of Monday.com's modern website design people were able to grasp it because the design is easy on the eyes if that makes sense. It is almost like an easy/drag and drop version of excel. Aside from the design I did love that there were different calendar views like Kanban view and the map view especially. The other things I loved was the forms integration, which made it easy to transfer our clients over from one program to another. As they came in they filled out the short form and were integrated into the calendar pretty easily. Lastly I loved the status column. I was going to use it to check in clients. Red for when they arrived to their appointments, Yellow for when they were waiting and Green for when they were done and waiting on their transportation back home.

Cons

There were a couple of things that I did not like, which made us only use Monday for a short period of time. For one we are a mental health therapy center and we do A LOT of scheduling. While there is a template to schedule clients. It is more so for a few clients and not hundreds. We have multiple therapists and may want to view their appointments sometimes together and sometimes separately and Monday started to get somewhat bulky when trying to do this. We tried doing multiple boards for each therapist and then we tried doing each board as a day of the week and in the end we had too many boards and it was still and either you view this person or that person but not both. On top of that we also schedule activities with clients and that would have been a whole separate view as well. The last thing that we needed was to make recurring appointments for clients that are seen every Tuesday or for ones that are seen every other Thursday etc. This task was extremely bulky and involved using a 3rd party service.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Colleen L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Excellent Project Management Tool!

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

We desperately needed an easy to use, easy to update project management tool in our App Development company. The Sales Dept. would get calls from clients asking, "how's our app coming," and they had to e-mail the Tech Dept, wait for a response and then call the Customer back. Now, the Sales Dept. can see exactly what stage of Development the client's app or website is in and tell the customer right then and there. No wasted time e-mailing or returning phone calls.
Also, the Tech Dept. can see what the Sales Dept. has in the pipeline so they can predict what's coming in.

It has also helped us streamline processes for each Dept. The whole entire sales process can be mapped out with every step start to finish, with the final step being customer survey sent. You never forget to do any step any more! You can also customize your responses for each step along the way such as "Done" or "In Progress" or "Waiting For Client", etc.

The customer service with monday.com is excellent. That's a big deal to me. I don't want to hunt and peck around the internet trying to find chat groups or how to contact support. When you ask a question you get a response within a short period of time.

The software is pretty intuitive but there are support tools to learn tips and tricks.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive. Customizable to your projects and company. You can easily monitor step by step processes in however many Departments you have in your company. I like that its now an app that can live in my button dock. One click and its open.

I like that you can discuss clients back and forth between team members.

Cons

Right now I can't think of anything. Perhaps there are glitches or design features that more advanced users might appreciate but for our needs it works exactly as we need it to.

Industry: Retail
Company size: 10,001+ Employees

Always On

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

This software can help you organize everything from your marketing plan to your comic book collection; if you can think of a way to organize data, milestones, or responsible parties - Monday.com can do it!

Pros

-Only limited by your imagination
-World Class customer service and development team
-Intuitive user interface
-Powerful data manipulation and exporting tools

Cons

-The learning curve can be a little overwhelming
-New features come out so quick that sometimes there isn't time to adjust to the old ones!
-The mobile app can be a little clunky and does not utilize all the features of the desktop/web app

Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: Self Employed

Best Team PM Tool Available

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

I work on Monday.com with one of my clients who utilizes it for managing multiple projects with a variety of internal *and* external team members. It's easy to have everyone on the same page, makes communicating easy, and is VERY easy for the uninitiated to get up and running quickly.

Pros

Monday.com is straight out of the box simple to learn and yet it has a huge variety of features to make it as robust as you need it to be. The ability to quickly set up projects, timelines, teams, and tasks is just really almost too easy. Also love being able to easily switch between views (table, Kanban, calendar, etc.) that speak to the way my mind works.

Compared to other PM cloud tools that I have used (Trello, Asana, Teamwork, etc.) I found Monday.com to be far easier to get going quickly and without a huge learning curve. Their Knowledge Base is vast, and the customer service is also great. Tips & tricks pop up to help enhance the UX without being annoying. They actually seem to be listening to the user audience and carefully implement improvements that make sense.

Cons

Haven't found any downsides yet! Seriously it's so easy to use I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Justin F.
Industry: Religious Institutions

A winner every day!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/12/2019

We had been searching for a project management/productivity tool for our team for a long time. We had demoed or tried many options, but none were a clear-cut winner until we found Monday. It's made a dramatic difference in all that we are doing, and our team couldn't be happier!

Pros

This has become a "Swiss Army Knife" tool for us. Because of the wide variety of functions, it has replaced several different platforms, allowing us to integrate multiple different tools into one overall ecosphere. Its project documents are easy to create and are very flexible to modify, whether we want to create a project budget spreadsheet or ingest third-party data that can get reflected in graphs. It's a multi-purpose software that has become invaluable!

Cons

I wish that every system user didn't have default access to every available board unless those boards were made private and invite-only. Perhaps there's a way to assign users to "work groups" that allow them default access to a certain level of projects/boards, but require invites to view others outside that work group. It does create an inefficiency for us that literally anyone in the organization can view and modify any board that isn't locked. But it's sometimes not feasible to create everything locked and then have to issue 100 invites. That doesn't scale over and over.

A More-Intense Version Of Trello

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

As a department head, Monday helped me take care of my work and those under me but also allowed myself to easily view the work and time accomplished by my team. A great tool for those that oversee productivity.

Pros

Like the title states, Monday is a more adult-version of Trello. Tasks are quickly created in a list/timeline type view (your choices). At my company, each department had their own "board" set up with various columns specific to their duties. For my team in content, we had team member names, due dates, site to be published on, status of task, URL of said published link, and, of course, the dreaded time tracking. Individuals, teams, and departments are easily visible and accounted for with the powerful Monday software.

Cons

Time tracking, love it or hate it, is still a manual job. If you forget to start or end a task, the timer will never start keeping track of time or continuously keep running. Fixing time inputs can be difficult. With this, as this is an issue with the click function of their UI... if you click a button/label/element in one way, one menu will pop up but if you click ever-so-slightly differently, then an editing option will appear over the selected UI element... in other words, click expectations can be intuitive or troubling.

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Versatile project and task management for anything

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Pros

Have tried a lot of software, nothing comes close to the versatility of this software. Can be slightly higher cost than alternatives but is a great replacement for excel, databases and a project manager. Webforms can also be used to collect info. Swinging between project, gant, maps is easy.

Cons

The chat/mention system is probably a bit more confusing than other systems. However, I wish that i had found this solution earlier, we have across multiple project management providers as haven't found the right solution.

Adam J.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Collaborative spreadsheets with many time saving and useful features

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Monday has allowed us to streamline our processes and enables me to see at a glance what projects we have on, where our projects are and what projects are falling behind on timescales etc. As an architectural company we take every client/ job through a complicated process and need to keep track of multiple different 3rd parties (Council, Engineers etc) and multiple different processs (survey, planning, building regs etc). Monday allows us to do this with ease and with the posts and check boxes it allows me to understand where 100’s of projects are whenever I need.

Pros

Simple to use. Very visual orientated - looks good and is easy to understand. Can be tailored to any business model/process. New features are being released all the time. Very engaged company that are listening to their clients and happy to help. Speeds up workflow and allows much greater management of projects, clients, staff and time. Great for to do lists and collaborative working.

Cons

Many superfluous features for our business that are pushed frequently (though I appreciate other business would appreciate them). Would work great if it could collaborate/access online services like Dropbox/GDrive for file management etc. Bit of an odd name - “can you make sure you update Monday” sounds odd. I actually preferred the old name “Dapulse” as we internaly just called it Pulse (which I think fits best as the software allows me to keep my fingers on the pulse of all my projects!)

Jayme A.
Industry: E-Learning

The Best Project Management Software

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

Overall, Monday has become one of my favorite programs. I love the functionality, integrations, automation, and ease of use it offers. Everyone I show it to catches on quickly and learns to love what it does. My clients love it and have often purchased it for their own businesses.

Pros

Monday.com is by far the easiest and best project management software I have come across. It is easy to use and streamlined. I love the functionality and different options it has to manage business flows and projects. Monday allows my company to work independently and together with their automation and comprehensive project tracking. I recommend it highly.

Cons

Monday is a few years old at this point, but still has the occasional bug or messy function. They are few and far between but I do sometimes find myself wishing a feature was more streamlined. On a positive note though, they do take feedback very seriously and work to make things better all the time.

Jeanne S.
Industry: Construction

Organized

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

I use Monday daily as do my co-workers. It is a great way to transmit information and store it in one place and when you need to look something up you are not searching emails. Things are neatly sorted and easily accessible. It is user friendly and even the receptionist can look at the schedule and let a client know where we are at with a project.

Pros

This software keeps you organized and on top of due dates. It sends reminder emails and allows you to sort and classify with ease. It is customizable to accommodate the needs of your company - for us we use it to track jobs, bid dates, job information, requests for quotes, schedules, RFI requests, addendums, etc. It is useful for the PM, the field and the estimator and convenient for the accounting department. Allows you to track trends and hit rates as well

Cons

Only the administrator has the ability to make changes and manage users, which can take some time if you have a busy admin.