monday.com

4.5/5
4.6/5

2,415 reviews

• Industry: Information Services

Monday.com - Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 04/07/2021

Our overall experience with Monday.com has been pretty great! We have been using it for everything including tracking development team projects, software licenses, HR, Admin, managing system applications. Overall its a fantastic tool for collaboration.

Pros

The thing that I like the most about Monday.com is the ease of use and automations. We don't need to provide users with extensive tutorials, just a small demo and they understand Monday.com pretty well.

Coming onto automations, they can take some time to setup, but once done, they are well worth it and saves a ton of your time.

Cons

Software integrations - Monday.com still needs to catchup with respect to software integrations. They are still a lot of integrations that are missing. Plus every integration needs to be approved by an admin and there's no way to turn this off.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Trello is pretty limited when it comes to project management and collaboration. Based on our testing Monday.com was also easier to use and has way too many features compared to Trello.
Ezra F.

Solid Task and Project Management tool

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

Happy with the software. We use it to manage onboarding and projects.

Pros

Very user friendly. Affordable for a team, and so many features. It's also a great way to bring together multiple teams and units onto one project

Cons

Nothing really, it's good. If anything, support for embeddable videos on the project boards. As well as maybe more easily accessible support.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

We all agreed it was the one we all preferred as a team
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

One of the best management software

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Overall I like Monday.com a lot as it cleared my mailbox too. Team members now directly send updates to the board resulting in l lot less unnecessary emails. Another good feature is the board email, I can send email to the board members in one go. You need not to create separate group or anything, just the email of board that's it!

Pros

First of all it has a lot of useful features which makes managing multiple teams so easy. You can configure boards according to your need which can be shared with other members privately too, simple yet very important feature. Members can create their own boards as well which can be subscribed by anybody. So, if any of my member creates a really interesting board, I subscribe it and see the updates from that directly. Duplicating board is easy which comes in handy when creating boards for multiple timelines, this makes work a lot less. For record or sharing status with higher management you can also export the board as an excel file which I find very convenient. Deleting, Archiving are all added features used regularly. For filters, you can create your filter as per you need for better search. I also like the quick links, recent and saved searches options all resulting in less time consumption and more output. This software has a lot of flexibility and helps in better output for sure.
You can also recover you files from recycle bin within 30 days. There is lot of scope for customization, like assigning tasks to different groups, board customization, adding timelines and so on.

Cons

There is nothing as such to write in this section. I pretty much like everything about this software. It had made my life so easy. I'm sure about the cost of it as I don't handle that department.

Jennifer R.

Great for cross-team alignment and for prioritizing my own very full plate

Reviewed on 02/05/2020

Personally I feel far more in control of my workload across projects than before we used it. On a broader scale, it is working extremely well on a project we are doing with a range of internal tasks and functions as well as an external software developer and a separate person for support and testing. Everyone is clear on status and what is supposed to happen next. A third scenario where it has worked well for us is a couple of start-ups we are participating in with a further different set of people.
I enjoy using it and intend to broaden my use of the tool.

Pros

I really liked that I could make it reflect our business world instead of having to tailor our world to the software as so often happens. I work with a number of different projects, organisations and people, as well as external service providers. It is quick and easy to create different Boards and spaces to best suit a particular project and then share with the relevant people. Unexpectedly, I also found it good to use as a library for references and info on different projects . Many teams may prefer using Slack or other team tools for that. I guess it depends on the size and complexity of your operation, and also what habits are already in place. Monday has interfaces for Slack and other tools but i have not tried them. I also like that you can use Monday for repeatable processes and light workflows, as well as projects and task management. The tutorials and info available help make it easy to see how to get the most our of the software. The phone interface is easy to use and makes it simple to keep tabs on what is happening, or add tasks and updates on the move.

Cons

One thing I did not like is that as soon as you go over the number of invited guests permitted for your package, they commence a process to automatically upgrade you to a more expensive one. At least they do warn you so we were able to tidy up on guests and cancel the additional cost upgrade before it occurred. But I would far rather get a warning or error message when trying to add the guest that crosses the limit.

Response from monday

Hey Jennifer! Thank you for leaving a review! To start, we're happy to hear that you liked using the platform for different things including, referencing projects as well as managing projects. We're glad you were able to utilize our features for repetitive tasks as well. We appreciate your feedback regarding the auto-upgrade upon exceeding users. We've recently changed the flow of this so that more notice is given. If you're experiencing an issue with it still, we'd be happy to help! Just let us know :)

Eric A.

Everything you need in one platform

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

A great software that enables us to be happy individuals in business life .. Easy to use, flexible and functional, a product with excellent service. I am happy to have this experience.

Pros

All in one I like the comfort of managing in the workspace. Thanks to Monday.com, it became very easy to plan, monitor and present our team's work. Having the display feature helped me a lot. It is great to work by viewing the data as a map, calendar, timeline, kanban and visualizing the work.The fact that it is flexible, has a lot of customization and automation makes this software very useful. It would be annoying to try to maintain the workflow on a constrained inelastic platform.But Monday.com does not do this, it offers us an excellent service for us to work in the most comfortable way, so I love this product, it makes our business life easier and takes all the burden on us with this beautiful service.

Cons

I found the price a little high, but compared to the service it offers, it turns into a very reasonable price.

Derrick W.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Stop the endless email chains and get organized!

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

Pros

Managing multiple teams is no easy feat! Especially if you have select team members working remotely. I had learned of Monday.com at a conference and it was the best decision I have made this last year! I love the fact that each team/department has their own board. In that board, I can quickly see progress that has been made on the project, add/edit files (use Google Docs), make comments, and share updates. All of which eliminates the need for lengthy email chains that often miss out on key updates. The other thing that I love about Monday.com is that it shows your team their collective, and individual progress! So if you have a team member that is lacking or behind it shows "pending" or "waiting for update" making it that much easier to see who is accountable for the status. Lastly, the boards also show the volume of work your team completes making it very easy to print off reports for the exec time when it comes time to reviews/bonuses.

Cons

There are not any cons at the moment - rarely, if ever, is there an app that does not have cons! But they continue to release updates, new features, and improved flex-ability. One feature that would be great is how much each individual "influenced" the project by weighing total updates etc. to show who is more engaged in managing the project.

Response from monday

Hey Derrick! Wow, thank you for this rave review. We love to hear how happy you are with the product and how well it's working for your team. Just a suggestion, if you're looking to see how much someone contributed to a Project, have you tried using our "workload" board view or dashboard widget? This will give you a visual representation of how either how many tasks someone has done or how much time they have spent (if you're tracking that!) For help setting this up, feel free to shoot us an email at [email protected]!

A More-Intense Version Of Trello

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

As a department head, Monday helped me take care of my work and those under me but also allowed myself to easily view the work and time accomplished by my team. A great tool for those that oversee productivity.

Pros

Like the title states, Monday is a more adult-version of Trello. Tasks are quickly created in a list/timeline type view (your choices). At my company, each department had their own "board" set up with various columns specific to their duties. For my team in content, we had team member names, due dates, site to be published on, status of task, URL of said published link, and, of course, the dreaded time tracking. Individuals, teams, and departments are easily visible and accounted for with the powerful Monday software.

Cons

Time tracking, love it or hate it, is still a manual job. If you forget to start or end a task, the timer will never start keeping track of time or continuously keep running. Fixing time inputs can be difficult. With this, as this is an issue with the click function of their UI... if you click a button/label/element in one way, one menu will pop up but if you click ever-so-slightly differently, then an editing option will appear over the selected UI element... in other words, click expectations can be intuitive or troubling.

Jeni A.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great tool for project management

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

All-in-all, it does what I need it to do. It keeps track of my tasks, allows me to assign projects/tasks to other people and stay up to date on the progress of those items. My other colleagues use it for more in-depth reasons, and from what I can tell, they really like the software.

Pros

Monday.com allows me to keep track of all of the tasks associated with a project. I'm a list maker, so this speaks to my heart. Being able to see what needs to be done, and crossing them off the virtual list when they're complete ensures things don't get missed. This is especially helpful when working across teams AND across departments.

Cons

It was a bit tricky to learn at first. And I still don't know how to do some things within the program. In the past I used Basecamp, which I found to be more intuitive than Monday.com. But, from what I can tell, Monday has a richer feature set, which allows for more customization. So if that's what someone wants, that's a definite pro.

Amazing Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

Just a solid program that has a host of great features. I'm also a big fan of their webinars that show features like automation (that one was a game changer for me).

Pros

Love, love, love Monday.com software. It makes inter-departmental projects so much easier to manage. In addition, the automations and integrations it has is really a game changer for efficiency and notifications. Big fan of the forms tool as well to get requestors/clients to do the heavy lifting by filling in the tasks.

Cons

There really isn't much to dislike about this platform. It really is a great software for managing projects, primarily if you work in marketing where you collaborate with content, creative, and promotions.

Response from monday

Thank you for leaving this review! We love, love, love to hear you're positive thoughts! We love to hear that you're getting good use of monday.com forms! If there's ever anything we can do, please reach out.

Jayme A.

The Best Project Management Software

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

Overall, Monday has become one of my favorite programs. I love the functionality, integrations, automation, and ease of use it offers. Everyone I show it to catches on quickly and learns to love what it does. My clients love it and have often purchased it for their own businesses.

Pros

Monday.com is by far the easiest and best project management software I have come across. It is easy to use and streamlined. I love the functionality and different options it has to manage business flows and projects. Monday allows my company to work independently and together with their automation and comprehensive project tracking. I recommend it highly.

Cons

Monday is a few years old at this point, but still has the occasional bug or messy function. They are few and far between but I do sometimes find myself wishing a feature was more streamlined. On a positive note though, they do take feedback very seriously and work to make things better all the time.

Alex T.

Top-Tier Project Management with Minor Customization Flaws

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Overall, this platform is incredible if you are not looking to extend its provided feature-set. This is rarely a problem for most users since it already provides a massive amount of features, but it seems as though they are relying on providing the average user with everything they need while leaving the developers empty-handed when looking to extend the feature-set.

Pros

The most valuable part of this software, in my opinion, is the massive amount of flexibility in project board layout and structure. Monday takes away all the major restrictions of other project management software and gives you the flexibility you need to structure your workflows to your liking. This flexibility allowed our firm to bring all project management, lead management, and client management into a single platform.

Cons

One issue that I had with this software was the lack of flexibility with the API. As a developer, I am always looking to automate my workflow as much as possible, but I ran into many barriers when trying to implement the API into my custom software. This was a pain and eventually I stopped attempting to work around the lack of features I needed.

Deborah R.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Keeps Project Management Manageable

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Overall we have been thrilled with monday.com. This was our third management software and we are extremely happy with the features provided as well as the customer service. They are very quick to respond and take into consideration new features.

Pros

Monday.com allows you to set up board templates that we use when we have a new project. This cuts down on project setup time significantly.

Cons

This product is on the pricier side. There is no free version so it is definitely a commitment for the software.

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

We made the switch because Trello didn't have as many features as Monday.com

Nick T.

So Easy, Even a Caveman...

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

It has allowed me to know exactly what my team is doing a majority of the time, and helped them keep focus on high priority items. They have truly adopted the concept and use the tool to keep task notes/history, and use this to plan their time.

Pros

Extremely easy to set up to help control my teams daily chaos. I can customize it to our workflows, track task types, etc. for automated activity reports/dashboards for my director, and my team has totally bought in to the concept. It is so easy that it does not overburden them with managing their daily workload. New work items are not longer lost as we immediately document them in Monday and drive our workload and re prioritize accordingly. I could not run my team nearly as well without this tool.

Cons

The user interface can sometimes be glitchy. You have to hover your mouse in the exact right position to activate some features due to the web app interface. Some features are rich, but not not rich enough to be able to take them to the next level. I find myself saying... "If I could just do this". That said, I have seen MANY improvements to the interface and functionality over the past year. It seems like they are listening to their customers.

Kevin T.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Extreme for the novice, great for a “numbers” driven person.

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

Good experience, with the software especially if you’re the person who set it up in the beginning. If you have others who will be in the program entering data, please find the patience depending on their skill level to answer their questions, adjust any mistakes and if their like me, explain the “what and whys”. Like most software of this day and age, it’s all cloud driven with nothing at all to install also, it runs best on the Google Chrome browser.

Pros

Extremely customizable. Monday.com allows you set up “drill downs” in whatever fashion you want to see. Let’s say you have a business that your company services and they have multiple locations. You can setup what I like to call a “core” label we will use Abc for the company name. Then you can go into Abc’s core and sub cores which we use as location 1, location and so on. Next you can choose what you want to track at each location. You can track numbers going in vs numbers coming out. And it just gets deeper and deeper. In a nutshell, it’s a glorified spreadsheet with a much easier to use interface and much better looking.

Cons

Initial setup, depends a lot on your business. 1.) figuring out what data you want to track, 2.) how in depth does your tracking need to go, 3.) how experienced you are with computer skills and interaction with a program that’s not so cookie cutter. It might take you anywhere from a day to a week to configure and “tweak” the settings to your liking.

Easy and full of resources

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

Monday.com enables us to breakdown bigger projects into smaller tasks, start with something simple, get the bigger picture and simply get things done. The tool has a great look and feel which is a great boost when you start your day and you go check what the next steps are. So far, it's my favourite PM tool.

Pros

What I like the most about monday.com is its UX. It's very easy to move things around, drag and drop, play with the elements and add descriptions, comments, tag colleagues etc. They have tons of templates available which I really appreciate, too. We use the sprint board a lot as a marketing team.

Cons

If you're used to Trello or Asana, the view that collapses/expands on the left can be confusing at first, and the amount of features and possibilities (and colours) that they added can almost be overwhelming, but this is a very minor thing - you quickly get used to it.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Trying out something new and more complete.
Tara P.

My favorite project management software

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

I implemented Monday.com my first day of my new job and it was a huge win as we didn't have any project management software/process/system for the marketing team.

Pros

Monday.com is amazing - you don't need training to get started, it's very intuitive, has a ton of integrations with popular software (Slack, salesforce, gmail, etc.) and the automations are very impressive.

Cons

There's almost too many capabilities to the point where it becomes overwhelming. There are literally endless options to how you can set up boards where it can be hard to pick the best option for you.

Asana
Kelly R.

Makes everything easier

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

Overall, it has helped save time tracking the work by making it clear and easy to follow. The reporting and ability to export the data to excel has also helped greatly.

Pros

Monday tracks the work coming in, progress of it as it moves through our queue. It also helps from a end of week reporting to see which employees did what. It's web based making it visible to the entire team.

Cons

Nothing - it has only made things better. We use multiple things to track so it does making it difficult to fit all on the one screen.

Paul H.

Simple, flexible, collaborative and yet powerful enough to handle everything we throw at it.

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

easily managed customer projects and ongoing maintenance contracts with ease.

Pros

I love the flexibility that Monday offers us. Most systems are really rigid and force you to follow a set path, this makes it difficult to mould it to suit our business. Monday doesn't have that problem, if we need another field or add in another process etc.. .then we just add it in, we dont have to go and re-do everything from scratch again. The interface is simple and easy to use but also gives us enough detail to make sure we cover everything. No mean feat!

Cons

There aren't many cons we can think of, the roadmap for products is great as we can see that there are different features in the pipeline, most organisations dont share that information and leave customers wondering if or when new features will come out. I guess our only "con" is that we would love to see those features released quicker.... but we understand that quality takes time.

James R.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Super efficient software, really easy to use.

Reviewed on 04/01/2019

Our sales team used this before moving over to Freshsales, and they were very pleased with the interface and the price. My legal team also used it for reviewing contracts, and were also very happy. My personal view on Monday.com is the price could be a little lower to fit in with our ITU budget, however this doesn't lack on quality and certainly not on usability.

Pros

NOTE: We have since moved over to Freshsales as it fitted in more with the rest of our products.

Monday is absolutely amazing. It could be easier to use, however what it offers for free is absolutely perfect for small-to-medium businesses and teams. I would highly recommend taking a look at Monday's use cases (available at monday.com/s/software-uses) which can help you understand how their software can benefit your business. I personally really like Monday's ability to pick a template depending on what you'll be using it for, such as recruitment or sales leads. It is also really customisable and flexible depending on how many people will be using it. They also have an app and lots of integrations, enabling maximum use wherever you are.

Cons

Setting up Monday can get a bit tiring, although you won't regret it once it's fully setup. I believe a better pricing structure would not depend on the number of users so broadly. The basic plan with 5 users in your team costs £22 per month, but luckily they do offer a trial which can help you get a better feeling.

Aileen S.

A less manic Monday thanks to Monday.com

Reviewed on 09/11/2020

I previously used other similar programs and our entire team loves Monday. Easily create reports that can be integrated into other platforms!

Pros

Monday helps me keep track of tasks on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis which is so important in marketing!

Cons

I don't love the file-sharing abilities and how they are set up.

Barbara H.

A Monday you can get on board with.

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

Monday keeps us organized. Individual profiles are setup and have varying degrees of authority. It's simple to remove and add employee and guests to individual boards. Automations are game changers and save on errors.

Pros

The ease of use. Once you setup templates, everything is plug and play. There are a variety of column styles to cater to any situation.

Cons

Setting up the templates. Depending on how advanced you want the templates, this can take awhile. The free version is quite ltd in cell count.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Monday.com

Reviewed on 15/01/2020

Our tasks were not recorded and many fell through the cracks. As we are not interested in a customer ticketing system we needed a way to organize phone requests and email requests. We tried the monday.com trial and we were hooked. At first, it is a little daunting and it takes a little use to organize things as they work best for you. This includes boards and groups. After creating an initial dump of all of our tasks, we were able to tailor groups and views to fit our needs.

Pros

The software is quite feature rich. Being cloud-based there is nothing to install. Mobile applications are available to see task boards on the go.

Cons

We have not found a feature that we don't like. Time tracking for tasks is not available in the two lower paid tiers which is a disappointment.

Lauren N.

Instantly in love with this project management tool!

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Overall it has been a big improvement on consolidating and simplifying my cross-team functions and holding everyone accountable for their tasks! It looks nice and gets the job done.

Pros

I love that the layout/design/overall appearance is very clean, modern, and colorful. The automations are so useful and efficient. Each of our teams at my company are using Monday.com for pretty different purposes and it fits like a glove for all of them! I like that you can use attachments, links, statuses, dropdowns, individual sub-item due dates/notifications, and you can see who saw their notifications/boards.

Cons

One thing I wish it had, and maybe I'm just too new to find it, is that I want to make rules to make people unable to change a Status unless they have marked another column in a certain way (like they can't mark it Complete unless they attach a document to a certain column, or something like that). Otherwise I haven't found any real issues with it!

Jared D.

Get Monday.com Now!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I wish I had known about them way sooner. We've been using Trello and this is so much better. I realized though that you can only have so many users, so it may not be the best solution for our onboarding team because our customers need access to some type of shareable project management list. Trello is a simplified version of Monday. Asana isn't as user-friendly and feels a bit odd.

Pros

Monday delivers a powerful system that you can use to manage virtually anything. You can add tasks and various projects, assign owners for those projects as well as a huge variety of additional fields. Furthermore, when you have your various projects setup, there are different views you can convert to from list view to calendar to kanban.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of much that Monday doesn't do well. Maybe in terms of reporting they could up their game a bit with their formulas and calculation functionality, but it really is an incredible product.

Process Street, Asana and Trello

Jamie P.

Excellent Project Management Software

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

We run weekly operational sprints with Monday.com and manage all of our projects with the platform. We also do most of our operational reporting through Monday.com. We love the platform for its flexibility and the modernity of the tech stack upon which it is built.

Pros

The software is feature-rich and easy to use. It's very flexible so it can meet almost any need you have from creating workflows, tracking tasks, managing contacts, or managing a complex project. It has a robust, easy-to-understand interface, excellent reporting capabilities, and flexible admin controls. Their mobile app is easy to use.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the software is having to wait for all the up and coming features to be released. It supports sub-items for each task, but some of the more robust support for subitems are still being developed.