monday.com

4.5/5

Annabel

Monday.com just keeps growing

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

I couldn't do my work without Monday.com. It's my task list, my reporting tool, keeps our strategy and OKRs in boards - everything to do with our workload is managed easily through Monday.

Pros

I find tagging users, assigning work and adjusting timelines to be really easy. I spend the majority of my day inside Monday.com and it's the first tab I open in the morning. I use the My Work section to easily keep on top of my tasks and my team members tasks.

Cons

Honestly there aren't a lot of cons. Probably like most software it's hard to know how to use all the features and tools but their online help is really good and they do a good job communicating changes.

ClickUp and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

The other tool we were using didn't have enough flexibility. There is honestly nothing Monday.com can't do. It really is a Work OS.
Sarah

All team members know what to do each week

Reviewed on 17/07/2022

Apply the status property to automate tasks like as responding to job applications, sending files to an email address, monitoring progress on a project, and notifying relevant parties. Monday.com now has slack integrations, so when an incident is created in a product, our members are alerted in the appropriate slack channel as well as on Monday.com.

Pros

Super easy to set up, and you can keep things basic if you like, or get creative with your tracking. In this way, I know that my team and I are covering all the bases. Our company's record-keeping and responsibility are both enhanced by the software. The responses to inquiries and requests from the support service are prompt, and the help videos are excellent.

Cons

Perhaps this is the cost that new businesses must pay. When you realize the potential of Monday.com and Notion. For a new business, it might be challenging to afford both Notion and monday.com. It may be really convenient to receive a discount for utilizing both applications.

Sarah

Not a great PM or CRM platform

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

My overall experience has been negative, as monday.com just isn't easy to use.

Pros

My favorite feature of monday.com is the automation. This makes it easy to stay on top of tasks without logging into the platform, however the number of automations you get per month is very limited with the lower tiered plans.

Cons

I dislike almost everything about this software, but primarily the PM and CRM functions.

On the PM side, the platform does not make it easy to create templates for tasks and use them to structure future projects. There is also not capability (that I could find) to update the date on more than one task at a time. It's very tedious to add a project into monday.com and even more tedious to change dates later on. There are some pretty views and pre-made project templates, but for someone with experience in the PM field monday.com feels more like a hinderance than a help.

On the CRM side, I was honestly shocked to hear monday.com branded themselves as such. As someone with experience in multiple CRMs, I can see almost nothing on this platform that functions as a CRM. It could be helpful for VERY simple contact management, but that's about it.

All of this to say I can tell the monday.com team is trying very hard to make a good product, it just seems like it's trying to do too much and doing none of it well.

Response from monday.com

Hey there. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your feedback. We would love to talk further about how monday.com can accomplish those things, so please send us an email to [email protected]!

Mike

Monday.com is one of the better ways to keep track of your work tasks!

Reviewed on 31/07/2022

I really like how Monday.com makes it easy to see what everyone is working on and what tasks are upcoming. It's also been really helpful for me to be able to track my own progress on tasks. Overall, I'm really happy with Monday.com!

Pros

I've found that Monday.com is an excellent tool for keeping track of both my own work and the work of my team. It's easy to use and provides a great deal of visibility into what everyone is working on. This has been extremely helpful in coordinating our efforts and ensuring that everyone is on track. I would highly recommend Monday.com to anyone looking for a project management solution.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about Monday.com was that it wasn't always easy to figure out how to do specific tasks. For example, there were a few times when I wasn't sure how to add a comment or edit a task. However, the support team was always quick to help and they made it easy to learn how to use the software.

Jira, Trello and Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

There are a few reasons why I chose Monday.com over Asana, Trello, or Jira. First, Monday.com is extremely easy to use. The interface is clean and straightforward, and it's easy to figure out how to do everything. Second, Monday.com provides a great deal of visibility into what everyone is working on. This has been extremely helpful in coordinating our efforts and ensuring that everyone is on track. Finally, the support team is excellent. They are quick to respond to questions and they make it easy to learn how to use the software.

Customizable and friendly UI with many integrations

Reviewed on 30/07/2022

Our main focus for a CRM was tracking our leads and deals. However, we wanted to have other customer facing teams to work on the CRM as well. They didn't like those large enterprise level CRM UIs. Monday.com was easy to use and they all voted for it. We can now have all our inputs about our clients and tasks under a single platform.

Pros

It has a very insightful dashboard with different parameters and colors. We can easily customize the view and metrics to look at. Data visualization job done well. We chose MOnday.com because it is not only a CRM designed for sales tracking but our other teams like marketing, customer success etc. can also work with it easily. Having an easy UI helps our teams to actually work on the CRM. It is a good way to encourage people to do the documentation. The pricing is also a good match compared to some other alternatives.

Cons

Haven't heard anything from the teams. We have sorted out missing things via easy integrations.

Insightly, Creatio CRM, Freshsales and SugarCRM

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

It was too much sales pipeline oriented

Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Several different teams including sales, marketing, client success and HR all agreed that this one product is super easy to use and it can combine different business teams in one place
Marcus
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Really Nice Task Management Software, But Doesn't Stand out from Competition for the Price

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

It's a very nice software that requires a premium investment for margin gains over competitors.

Pros

The dashboard was simple and intuitive. I was able to setup a couple simple projects with very little effort and no training. The design of the program is pleasing, but it runs into some shortcomings when you want more detailed planning.

Cons

I did not find it to be very detailed when setting up a multi-team project with a few moderately complex phases. I was looking for ways to categorize multiple subtasks and assign and track these with multiple team members. It seems like I could do similar work with programs like Asana or ToDoist pro for alot less investment.

Todoist

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

I wanted to give Monday a try after seeing some early marketing.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

I gave the free trial a shot and ended up going back to Asana for more complex projects and ToDoist for simpler tasks.
Molly
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Great Tool Overall For Project Management

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

Overall it's been a really great tool for our team. A few of us started using it and it was so helpful most of the rest of our team has now joined.

Pros

I really appreciate how easy it is to collaborate across my team. I can easily assign tasks and elements of projects to others. My other favorite feature is the my work screen, it easily allows me to aggregate all of my tasks into one view and I use it to manage tasks for my boss as well.

Cons

Strangely enough the trickiest part about this is how many features it has, there's almost too many options/customizations and it's hard to know how to maximize the features for my workflows. I almost feel like I need to take a class to get the most out of it.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

We already use microsoft products but felt that the Monday.com features were better suited for our teams needs.
Trey
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Monday.com makes project management a breeze!

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Pros

I love the out of the box solutions that solve for most all needs, but there is so much customization you can do that it easily becomes a unique solution. It does a great job of PM and helping teams adhere to timelines because there is so much visibility within the system. It's a must have for organizations managing numerous projects.

Cons

It does take some discipline to start using the system, but this is not unique to this software. We had to assign several champions to make sure we could get the team to embrace the software (now they love it). Those super-users were critical to success!

Airtable, Wrike and Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

It was the best off-the shelf solution and their sales team did a really good job pitching it to us.
Mario
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A better way to start the week

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

The great benefit was to have all the team projects and task on one site and monday hel us to solved that

Pros

The notification when you have deadlines and to see all the team projects in just one window. With their tags and the update time

Cons

The visual design its fantastic and the way you can put your tasks and have a report of all of your projects

Jira and ClickUp

The innovation of monday.com

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

The price and the features that monday have are outstanding
Akpovi

best software

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

my experience with Monday.com is more or less great it is adapted to my activity

Pros

what I like about Monday.com it is a very easy to use software with very good functionality

Cons

what I hate about the software is that it's not assessible in all countries

Shayla
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Multiple boards can be created by various groups

Reviewed on 29/05/2022

Work orders that have been completed and those that are still in progress can be saved in the system. Council members are able to read updates without having to get regular email updates. Keeping tabs on my immediate team's daily workload and expected workload. Anyone who is suffering and needs more support or time, or who is short on work, may be easily identified.

Pros

It's the most user-friendly tracking tool available. Especially when teams are spread out across the globe, updates are almost always instantaneous. works on both Chrome and iOS. The views are simple to grasp and adjust to your own method of working. It's a breeze to get up and running, and it only takes a few minutes to learn and collaborate with your team.

Cons

The timeline feature, one of the nicest features, is not available in the free edition. Some of the integrations are a tad constrained. If you don't handle your email notifications, you'll be flooded.

Cody
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Monday.com Is The Best Software I Have Ever Used

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Mind-blowing. Literally would have never guessed one software could become such an integral part of my business let alone my life!

Pros

Monday is the central hub for our entire business. In fact, I run multiple businesses out of a single account because I can have the teams split up in different ways and different workplaces for each company. The dashboards and status columns make it easy to see how my teams are doing very quickly, it's amazing. I even use it for my personal task management and life management!

Cons

There are times the Mac app will be slow or missing features I want, but the Chrome version is impeccable. No other real complaints otherwise.

Airtable and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Trello was missing the project management features and integrations we wanted.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

All in One capability and better reviews.
Justin
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Might be better if it was called "Friday"

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Monday.com was pretty good at what they advertise on their basic features, but as you continued to use the software more and more it became obvious that the advanced workflows and requirements are bit underdeveloped.

I'll continue to use Monday and continue to push for new features - I know they are trying and growing and constantly evolving, but I'd like to see Monday.com start to enrich the existing value-add tiers that Im already bought into.

Pros

I love the ease of use for most of their features. They are pretty fantastic with their Ui and Ux (Cx) and they make "Mondays" somewhat enjoyable because the Monday.com experience gives you something to look forward to (if you like organizing your work/life into neat categories, buckets, and reports).

Cons

Everyone has the case of the Mondays on Monday while using Monday.

Joking aside, this software is pretty great on the surface. It makes a lot of sense for what they are trying to accomplish and they do a great job. They have Ux down.

However, I've really struggled with Monday.com in trying to 'grow' beyond their molds and default workflows. They have a lot of enhanced features (plugins, webhooks, triggers, etc) that certainly make integration easier, but as I got further into the weeds with Monday.com their Ux and understanding of advanced needs became more shallow IMO.

To link tasks into higher order buckets (think sub tasks -> tasks/stories -> Epics -> Projects) the entire thing kinda works... kinda doesn't.

Understand what they are up against tho - they are struggling to build a tool that meets everyone's needs - I get that - and for me, it didn't always measure up in the ways that make it work for my needs.

The base/entry paywall package was already kinda more expensive then other free software (or software being offered by my org) but as I kept wanting to do more and more advanced features I found myself having to pay more and more. It became cost prohibitive for me to continue to try to make Monday.com work.

Melissa
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A huge assistance in keeping us on track with our job

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

As a group, we're making use of Monday.com. I had no idea what to anticipate, but I was pleasantly surprised right away. You should use this program if you want your team to be able to communicate and keep tabs on their progress. You may set up a "dashboard" for each project, assign individuals to each job, set a due date, and so forth.

Pros

Our company made use of Monday.com. I've had a wonderful time with monday.com. Personal and business endeavors alike benefit from my usage of this tool. Using it, I'm able to get things done. Depending on the team's progress, each assignment might be given to one or more persons. It's the go-to tool for getting things done in general since we can do so much more with it.

Cons

When more than two persons (3+) are involved in a project, a payment plan is required. A larger crew means a higher price tag. If you know how to utilize the tool effectively, taking a plan is in your best interest monday.com.

Dora

Easy Project Management

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

Monday.com keeps my team organized. It took minimal time to set up and keeps us on track. Two thumbs up!

Pros

My team loves Monday.com as it keeps us on the same page with projects and tasks, and helps us present our overall marketing calendar. We use it on a daily basis and it helps me keep my team of 8 organized and efficient.

Cons

I wish the different boards were integrated a little easier so I could have one board for sales, one for marketing, and then one for my overall calendar I could share with my management team. I'd like to be able to see things from a high level and then be able to drill down but unfortunately, that is not offered.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Jira is more of a technical project management tool. I needed something that my creators could use with ease.

Jira

Ease of use and price.
Harel
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Monday - project management aims to simplify

Reviewed on 16/04/2022

As for interacting with the project and its tasks - it's very easy. Set status, assignee, dates, add items , etc. Notifications are great tool to stay on top of things , and my tasks screen is a life saver - you can see all your tasks without scrolling through long items in a project.

Pros

The UI is built with simplicity in mind. That means that almost every action is made to be easy and without to jump around many screens. Also, templating projects on Monday is one of the best features that we use to spin up new projects. Notifications are a great tool and you can have desktop notifications instead of mails to reduce clutter in your inbox.

Cons

Somehow the simple UI is not very intuitive for me. The rows display of items seems a bit off as opposed to the boards display. That also makes the screen seem full of tasks that usually irrelevant for some users.

Jira and Hubstaff Tasks

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Azure DevOps is a great tool, though too complicated for our non technical members in the project.

Azure DevOps Services

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Our teams loved the user interface. Also we got recommended from some of our customers who use it.
Justin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Monday.com - Great for 2 -3 People, Expensive for Anything Larger

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

Overall, If I really understood the costs upfront, I would have been more hesitant to transfer literally everything to Monday.com. I felt that it was kind of a hidden surprise and not in a good way. However, the project management for 2-3 people was incredible. I was moving at light speed, so much so that I needed to expand to more users. However, money doesn't grow on trees and I was ultimately stifled by the growing cost of each additional user. It definitely helped me organize all of my ideas into neat little boxes that could be expanded and tracked, which really gave me a birds eye view of my business.

Pros

At first, I loved Monday.com. The ease of use. The beautiful and simple design. I was enamored by every feature of this tool. Previously, I had notes jumbled on papers, in Apple Notes, and in Microsoft Excel. This was my solution to everything. I was able to transition all of my projects into one, sleek looking interface that inspired me to delve deeper into what was working about my company.

Cons

After the trial period ended, I realized the prices skyrocketed for adding multiple users. That totally sucked because I already transferred my entire digital life to Monday.com. 1 to 3 people was a do-able price for my small business. However, when I wanted to include 7 or 8 people, it was too cost prohibitive for the income that we were generating. Every penny matters when managing a business and this was the straw that broke the camels back for my utilization of Monday.com

Wix, iCloud, Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

The ease of use and absolutely gorgeous design. And how it perfectly mimicked the desktop version on my phone. I was blown away. None of the other tools were able to come even close to the integration that I was able to achieve on Monday.com

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com was by far the most advanced tool and gave me all the features I was looking for in one easy to use interface. I was absolutely sold on it as soon as I really delved deeper into it. I found that I was able to run my business more effectively and initially had huge success implementing it.
Nils

No more spreadsheets!

Reviewed on 18/03/2022

Monday.com gives us the freedom to build online tools to manage all daily tasks in our business. The versatility makes it our weapon of choice.

Pros

Monday.com is like a customizable spreadsheet in the cloud. It's easy to build any project management sheet you need. Projects to work on, time tracking, internal training, you name it. Just add the column (like status, text, numbers, formulas, assigned people, etc.) and create groups that make sense to you. Automations save a lot of time doing repetitive project management tasks.

Cons

Subitems are still relatively new, so not all features are working properly yet. New features are being released often, but now I have to use regular items to keep track of time spent per employee.

Teamwork, Teamleader, Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

When the team was growing, more and more problems arose when using Excel sheets, like duplicates, old files and a lot of time and effort to keep it look clean. Monday.com gives a more visual experience and drag and drop prevents data from being misplaced.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

It feels more like the style we were familiair with, but without many of the downsides.
Ricardo
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Monday.com Review

Reviewed on 05/03/2022

I use it on a day to day basis mainly for project management and it works extremely well. The automation and integration aspects make it an easy to use system that the team enjoys working with.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and does all the project planning and management grunt work for you. It can also integrate with quite a few systems to automate processes like creating a ticket system for your IT that makes IT more engaging with the end user.

Cons

The biggest draw back is how you get to allocate users. You have to add in increments of 5 which leads to paying for users that you don't use. There are also some nice features that can only be accesses with a PRO license which is a bit pricey.

LiquidPlanner and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

We needed something easier to use

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

It was friendlier to the end user and easier to use
Sheila

Almost perfect!

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

I loved using Monday.com with my own project management and when I was working on other teams. I can say it is just about perfect for larger teams and large projects. If I was to build a project management system it would be very similar to Monday. Can get over complicated as it gets deeper and deeper. Sometimes things got lost because they were so deep in the project. Having subtasks is important but they need to be managed well or they get lost.

ClickUp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday was more complicated to use and harder for new team members to get used to. ClickUp was more simple and easier to manage for larger projects.

ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

I had already been using it with another team that I worked for. I liked how they used it, but felt lost a lot but thought I'd give it a try so I didn't have to learn a new system.
Christopher

A Case of the Mondays.

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

Monday.com has allowed me to streamline my daily and weekly team stand-ups and to track project completion in real time. I've also been able to leverage the tool for collaboration and project management with individuals outside my company which is a useful feature of monday.com.

Pros

Monday.com has a simple user interface that allows my geographically diverse team with varying comfort levels with technology to collaborate projects and track progress and project completion.

Cons

There is limited reporting functionality available within Monday.com. This is not necessarily an issue for my use case, but it may be an issue for some and it would be beneficial for the software to provide broader reporting options.

Zoho Projects and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday.com offered greater functionality at an approachable price point.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Offered a stronger interface and greater functionality at a budget friendly price.

Right Performance and user friendly CRM Tool

Reviewed on 05/09/2021

Monday.com is an helpful CRM tool, I find it very useful because of its user friendliness, pipeline management, marketing campaign management.
They do allow a 14 days trail with no credit card required to test the useful functionalities of monday.com
Since it is web based it is easy to use I said lightweight app page.

Pros

Monday.com helps team members to analyze task quickly that they need to work on, workflows are based on the collaborative needs across department such as IT management and administrator team to ensures the stage gates are rightly set for an efficient collaboration.
The inbuilt Project management tool can adopt the kaban or gantt chart style for those who love project updates on those charts, Especially useful for users who are used to the traditional type of Project management functionality, and the updates bar in real time.
The interface is very neat and colorful, there are multiple widgets and apps that we can add in to the page.
The best feature that I like is the ease of use to set up a project dashboard and to add the workflow for the communication and notification with tasks that are needed for the project.

Cons

Monday.com have to bring back their phone support which got stopped due to the pandemic.
Non registered users cannot see any data or reports even in view only mode, so managing users info has no value with out getting them registered on monday.com.
Have limited software integrations such as slack and even few certain exchange emails.

Melanie

It's more robust than what I use it for, but does what I need!

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Monday has helped me reign in processes around one project area in our organization and I've found it to be easy and friendly to use.

Pros

Intuitive mostly, easy to get up to speed, easy for my team to learn. Allows me to customize what I need and came with prebuilt options that helped with a quick start.

Monday's customer support team is absolutely STELLAR! They've always been incredibly helpful and friendly and their documentation is more up to date than many other SaaS products I've worked with. The sales team was also wonderful when I was starting up. The level of support they've offered was a lot of the reason I chose Monday!

Cons

The only real con for me is the reporting mechanisms, but also, if it was really important I could build my own using the API, so that's a minor flaw. I just wish that I could archive things but still report on those.

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

More organizational features, and company shifting away from Trello as a whole.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Friendlier software and sales and support staff. More intuitive setup. Pricing made more sense for my use.
Kim
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

I love Monday.com!

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Where do I start? This software is very affordable, and really helps with small business management. I work in transportation and customs brokerage, and since we implemented Monday.com as our customer facing communication device, we have seen a huge reduction in confusion, less emails being lost, and more customer satisfaction.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to manage, easy to implement. Monday.com portal software has improved our communications with our customers, and is extremely intuitive. Support is there if you need it, and they are consistently improving the features. I highly recommend!

Cons

The only improvement I would suggest is that each time a member is mentioned, the task goes back to the inbox for review. For example, I use the inbox as a to-do list, but what I think is done may have more requirements. It would be nice if the follow ups showed back up on my inbox. It would also be nice to have a payment feature, but I think that may be a third party app we can include. I need to look into it.

Google Sheets

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Accelo was way over complicated and quite obviously made for IT personnel, and was not as adaptable to international trade situations as I had hoped. Accelo also created a lot of anxiety amongst the staff, so the switch was necessary to support our activities.

Accelo

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com was much more responsive on sales and allowed us several weeks to test it out, free of charge. I immediately fell in love with how easy it was to manage and implement.
Mitch

Monday Improved Our Business In Ways We Never Imagined

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

We initially selected Monday to plan and manage a large project that we were starting. As we became familiar with it, we found that is was a much better way to manage, track and plan nearly everything we do. The ability to allow guest access to specific boards, to automate notifications, and to collect information via web form has greatly improved our day to day processes and our capacity to responsively interact with customers. Using a combination of the web, mobile and windows 10 apps, we use monday throughout the day, in the office, while traveling, and during onsite projects.

Monday has also helped us eliminate siloing of information. Like many companies we used to have a combination of spreadsheets, text documents, emails and texts to store and communicate project information. With monday we have nearly everything in one place that we can access from anywhere. This has made us much more efficient and helped us do a better job of keeping up with the many small tasks and deadlines that go into a successful project.

After you use monday for a while, every problem and job begins to look like a monday board to be created.

Pros

Monday is very easy to use, has excellent help and tutorials, and extremely responsive tech support. They regularly add new features and improvements. Through interactions, automations and integrations, monday can interact with many external products and can automate a lot of the routine steps and notifications in our workflow.

The best thing about monday is its flexibility. Once you start using it, you find many different approaches and tools to manage projects, workflows, customer interactions, data storage, tracking and analysis.

Monday is colorful and appealing to work with, making using it a pleasure.

Cons

Many of the items I would have listed as missing from the software have been added in the time we have been using it. For example, many users requested subitems and before long it was rolled out as a new feature and has evolved into a very useful aspect of monday.

For some of the more in depth features, there is a bit of a learning curve. But that is to be expected with software that can do so much. This is mitigated by the learning resources and very good support that the company provides.