Cin7 Core

Nick
Nick

The best cloud-based Inventory Management option for SMEs

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

As a consultant implementing DEAR Inventory for a wide range of SMEs, we have solved an innumerable amount of problems along the way. From Batch tracking, to serial number tracking, integrations with online stores, accounting, shipping, reporting and forecasting, etc, it is all there.

The team at DEAR are generally very quick to respond and offer assistance, and the users are given the power to request and vote on new features to be implemented. The subscription pricing is also at a point where it represents huge value for money.

Pros

As a cloud integration consultant working with SMEs in Adelaide and interstate to solve inventory management issues by implementing the right software, DEAR has proven again and again to be the leading choice for these businesses and is now our recommended choice as an implementation specialist.

DEAR has the functionality to provide a central solution to any SME looking to sell online or instore across a number of channels, and manage all the inventory in one place.The integration with Xero is top notch and the most robust I've seen of almost any app that connects to Xero.

The integrations to eCommerce channels are consistent in their setup and options and allow a great deal of flexibility. Complementing these integrations are shipping service integrations that allow for a full suite of inter-connected apps with DEAR as the hub.

Cons

If I had a gripe, it would be around some minor inconsistencies within the UI across various parts of the software, as well as some minor inconsistencies with various reports that are available.

Anton
  • Industry: Cosmetics

DEAR Systems step to the future!

Reviewed on 06/06/2022

Still getting used to the DEAR system, however, if compare with other inventory systems we used before, I must say DEAR is the answer, so far very happy! It’s all there, just need a bit of time to learn how to navigate around. Selling on Amazon & eBay? No problem..... (once everything is set up correctly) DEAR will do all your daily routine for you. Using an eCommerce website (in our case it's WooCommerce), it’s all there! We are still in process of integration/switching from Quickbooks desktop however, after only 1 month of using DEAR (plenty of step by step, how to use information online and very straightforward YouTube videos, which will answer most of your questions (how to?) on daily routine of most of the businesses. Special thank you to the support team, for being very helpful, straight to the point answers with plenty of information provided to understand and learn ….. bravo!

Pros

Xero & Dear system user (new user experience).
Everything you need to manage warehouse inventory!
Detailed Inventory information, Order process flow, purchasing order management, stock control, eCommerce website eBay/Amazon integration, - easy to use once you get used to it.
Helpful support team, and plenty of information provided to understand and learn DEAR systems.

Cons

Takes some time to know the DEAR systems (navigate) due to many features.
I guess we need to use DEAR systems for some time to get a better understanding and therefore, give a revised review of experience and possible Cons we might have.

Quickbooks Desktop service termination in the UK from 2023

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Inventory management - stock control - plenty of features to use now or in the future. Amazon-ebay-ecommerce integration. Daily order routine progress, overall DAER systems feels pleasant to use
Ignatius

Customer care, purchasing and Point of Sale is useless

Reviewed on 23/11/2023

Frustrating to deal with your help desk people who tell you to log a feature request when they are done talking to you and can't solve your problem

Pros

Easy to understand and figure out when starting off.

Cons

Your point of sale system you offer with this software is less than useless its remedial in functionality and offering. Struggle to program in store promotions on it you can't create area specific promotions for outlets in an area. Your way of setting up a cash float is useless and not user friendly. Your journals between Xero and Cin7 do not push correctly. Till overs and shorts are a nightmare to investigate. Gift cards are cumbersome to use and implement. We were using We where using Lightspeed as a point of sale before and you c=guys can learn some lessons from them your system will be something from the stone age compared to Lightspped.

Samantha
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

A must have for any product based business

Reviewed on 07/04/2022

Pros

I use OrderHive to as my inventory and order management app. It keeps track of everything I have on hand, orders I have coming in (from Etsy, Amazon, Shopify, etc.), and I can input my own orders from sales reps or wholesale accounts. I can then print packing slips, send invoices, input inventory I have coming in,, and much more! The support is very quick and helpful though I haven't needed much help since it runs smoothly. I highly recommend this app to keep track of all you have going on.

Cons

I was previously using an order management software that sold, so I was fairly familiar with how they work, I needed some help getting a few things set up, but it was smooth sailing after that.

Katana Cloud Inventory and Zoho Inventory

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

StitchLabs sold and was no longer offered

Stitch Labs

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Orderhive was recommended to me by a Shopify developer who has many clients needing multi-channel management. It seemed the best fit, the best price, and the had the best support.
Heather
  • Industry: Building Materials

DEAR is Perfect for the Growing Business

Reviewed on 01/02/2022

I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in the OnBoarding team and he was awesome! My implementation took a VERY LONG time due to our business being so busy. He was so patient and would contact me every 3 weeks or so to see how things were progressing. He took so much time to go over the product with me and my coworkers multiple times. He answered MANY LONG emails from me with tons of questions. He was always pleasant, happy, so helpful, and in my opinion the greatest secret weapon that DEAR has!! Now that my implementation is complete (thanks to him) I feel like I have lost a friend. He has assured me that the Support team are just as awesome and helpful as he has been - but I don't believe anyone will ever be as amazing as [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was! Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!!

Pros

I LOVE the fact that I can invoice before receiving the inventory physically. We work with an overseas company and their business practice is to invoice once the product leaves their hands, however accepting their invoice made my inventory way off in QBO. So glad to be able to maintain what the true physical inventory is and not have to try to keep up with the travelling inventory too.

Cons

The feature I would like the least is the CRM. I was really hoping that it would work for our sales team and that they would be able to have access to the inventory information easily. However, the CRM lacked a lot of the capabilities that our sales managers were looking for to help with managing their teams.

Mike

Function is good, but the price will keep increasing.

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

I have been using their Cin7 omni for 7 Year, starting from $399 and increased to $799, but all the function is same and nothing changed. Then I gived up to change to a cheaper version Cin7 Core Standard plan, but I just started it one month, they already changed the function for standard plan, from unlimited warehouse location to one location only.
And force you to upgarde to a highter plan if you need more warehouse location.
But when the time I subscribated, it was unlimited warehouse, and they were downgarde you function without any notification.
It was really unfair, and their customer service team were ignord my require and don't give any reply to me. I have been contact them many time and their only reply is someone will contact you asap, but actually no one will contact you. They just ignore you because you only using the cheapest plan and service.

Pros

Cin7 has most of the function that required to run a small or large business.

Cons

They will keep increasing the plan every year and all the function and service was same, and some maybe downgraded if you don't upgraded you plan.

Steven

Great All-In One Software!

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

Orderhive has been great. It has allowed us to accurately sync our inventory across 4+ channels and even automate fulfillment from outside sales channels to our Amazon FBA inventory. We have grown sales just by connecting more sales channels and accurately showing our inventory. They had the integrations we needed, and setup was easy.

Pros

This software had the most integrations, and more importantly, the integrations we NEEDED. We landed on Orderhive as they filled all of our channel needs as well as providing some cool custom Automation features that my team and I can write ourselves. Whenever there is ANY sort of technical issue / bug, we submit the issue directly to the support team and it is resolved within 24-hours almost all of the time. It usually only takes longer due to us needing to provide more information to the technical team so they can fix our problem.

Cons

Not many items on this list, so I'm reaching here. Shipping is not as fluid / smooth as our previous software that did ONLY shipping, but our volume is low enough that it has not impacted our day to day operations. Writing Automation can speed things up and we have no problem shipping / fulfilling 50+ orders a day. We do wish there was a way to bulk MAP products together so we can quickly clean up our duplicate / multiple products that are the same but with different SKU's, but that is a task that should be done slowly anyways to eliminate the chance for mistakes.

Sellercloud, Web.com, NetSuite and ShipStation

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

Shipping Easy had promised inventory management, and it WAS working, but all of a sudden stopped. We were not informed that Shipping Easy moved away from inventory management, and we needed a more robust inventory management software. That was our main goal, inventory management. Everything else that Orderhive does has just been a complete value-add to this choice. We are SO glad we have made the switch.

ShippingEasy

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Orderhive did EVERYTHING for us. They offered the integrations we needed, and that was the final deciding factor.
Ben

What a relief

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

DEAR Systems is everything I wanted Unleashed and MRP Easy to be. Its flexible to use, has ongoing gold standard support at no extra cost, has a great looking interface and has very customisable membership extras.

I clearly cant talk more highly about DEAR and its because I had such a lousy time with the others.

Pros

Best support I have ever had with any business software. The live chat is full of highly experienced operators who respond very quickly to get you back on track.
Very fast and easy to understand onboarding. Much less help needed than others.
The video tutorials are excellent.
The interface is modern looking.
The process from CO to MO is visual and easy to follow.
The Automation option is worth every dollar.

Cons

Not enough Business intelligence information.
Not enough visual information in reporting like graphs and tables. There is a taste of it in the dashboard but thats the extent of it.
B2B Portal needs the option to pick what products certain groups of stores get to see vs others.

George

Not perfect, but lightyears ahead of anything else on the market.

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Orderhive has helped us reduce latency in order fulfilment, allowed us to setup automations which add users automatically to mailing lists in other platforms, and therefore ask for feedback, provide offers etc. It allows us to create invoices automatically, to manage our inventory across multiple platforms, to keep track of customers, to print shipping labels and all paperwork needed on customised forms that we built (The paperwork that can be generated is pretty standard, but all can be customised by you, if it's fairly minor or even i some cases major changes needed. You don't have to pay them for this.) We work much better now and I hope as we integrate more and grow, Orderhive will grow alongside us. Customer service is definately the high point. If I can be polite and say they are very patient, helpful and we are NOT an easy business/customer to fit software to. if they can manage you - you will be fine. Orderhive is not perfect, but it is more perfect than anything else on the market. It's also not the cheapest - but you get what you pay for - a million features, more can be built if you need them - I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Orderhive to anyone, and regularly do. Awesome.

Pros

Orderhive allows us to integrate almost everything with almost everything. Probably the best feature of Orderhive is the least tangible or measureable: the staff. The customer service I have received has been outstanding thus far. The team are knowledgeable and transparent and will always at least try to help you get to where you need to be. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is smart and incisive and always goes above and beyond to get you there. I'm not sure when he sleeps, but is always around when you need him. The rest of the team are supportive and available. The automations are our other most liked feature. The ability to set rules based actions, create auto invoices, send emails when something happens, move orders around automatically is great. I genuinely could not find another piece of similar software that will do as much as orderhive does, for the price point that it does it at. It is not perfect by any means, but even in their flaws, they excel: there is, built in, a feedback feature which when opened, will allow you to search for issues highlighted by other users and from there you can see if it is development, planned, executed etc. If something needs doing they listen to users almost constantly and will implement it. It feels like they are building and evolving the platform on almost a daily basis and based on customer feedback, which is awesome.

Cons

The one downfall of Orderhive is its biggest plus - It's massive. There is no way you will learn it all in a week or even a month. It is so packed with features that it's impossible to know how many ways it will fix workflows or what it can help you with, simply because it is so flexible; this takes time to learn. The demo version is not long enough (2 weeks) and you'll need to pay for the team to set you up ($99). This is a bit catch 22, when you do the demo with demo data, it looks like a fairly standard bit of kit - nice but nothing super special. It's only when you actually get your data in there and start using it that you begin to understand how and why it will help. You need to pay for this though, and i as a demo user, did not want to pay to be set up in a piece of software that by definition I hadn't decided i was using yet. Doing the demo with the team definitely helped and I recommend it to everyone. It's impossible to get an idea of it on your own. The help database is good, lots of videos, but way more depth is needed in articles to understand how features work the way they do. For example, what rules the automations follow. What order they get activated in. If one is triggered and another 2nd later automations instructions conflict with it, what happens. The automations side is new and I feel like they're still building it out though, so probably more articles will come later. The features though are great, and we genuinely couldnt run our business without them.

Zapier, Craftybase, Multiorders, Zoho Inventory and Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

It's more intuitive. It has almost all the features of all the others put together. Everything it doesn't do is in progress and the team are super responsive to adding features and helping you make the software work for you. Customer service is better, the price point is appropriate and it is just better. It is supremely powerful and it would recommend anyone use it and/or switch.
Rob
Rob

Poor Customer Support, Poor functionality, Still being ignored

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

Worst experience I've had in the 15 years of using online software.

Worst experience I've had in the 15 years of using online software.

Pros

They sold me on the inventory management system. it sounded great in the presentation. And went down hill from there

Cons

It's been 5 months and I am still in the onboarding process. I have asked for a refudn several time only to be ignored. I even wrote to [sensitive content hidden] who never responded.

Luke

Great Product, Great Price

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

DEAR does exactly what it says it does, its a no frills solution for a company with basic inventory needs. We moved to DEAR from MS Dynamics NAV due to the fact that Dynamics options were limitless and for a still small but growing business it was too feature heavy and navigating around to get to the parts we needed was tiresome. What I'd really like to see is a stronger roadmap now from Dear to ramp up their features, particularly reporting isn't great, its quite static and you can't build your own, so a report builder would be ideal or an integration with a BI service so that you can build reports elsewhere. Our particular bugbear is trying to track down stock by batch and location, the information is there but its not in the best format. However for the price you can't complain, dear is an easy to use product that serves a wide variety of needs.

Pros

Easy to use, value for money, cloud based, integrates with finance package, support is great.

Cons

Reporting functionality needs work, no ios app, light on more advanced features

Cin7 Omni and Unleashed

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

Old solution was too feature rich, overkill for our current needs, Dear suits perfectly, although is probably going to be too feature light for us in 12-18 months unless their roll out of features increases.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Just fitted our needs better in terms of layout and usability. Personal perference, all the options we looked at were pretty much the same in terms of features. Cin7 is more expensive though and requires implementation and a fee for that.
Luke
  • Industry: Wholesale

A shot in the arm every business needs

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

A worthwhile and rewarding learning curve.

A worthwhile and rewarding learning curve.

Pros

Cloud .... Cloud .... Cloud - This cannot be understated in the world we currently live.

The support is amazing - its on what's app for goodness sake, can't get much better than that.

The UI is very clean and intuitive.

The integrations save loads of time and money.

Plus all the bog standard features you expect from an ERP system but will actually use because dear is easy to use - the amount of times I hear ' we can do that in SAP but there were too many technical issues so it was never implemented' you don't get that with Dear and if you need help its there for you.

Cons

It is unable to negotiate a UK-AU free trade deal - Dear please work on that ;)

There is not much I can put in this box that dear isn't aware of and attempting to address in earnest.

The dear academy will address the difficulty of onboarding new employees that aren't used to ERP systems.

Unleashed

Covid 19

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Your never going to get a software that 100% fits with your current business processes but the fact you have a software provider that actively looks to improve and seeks criticism (its not always a bad word) then publishes its roadmap on addressing gaps, is pragmatism in action. Supported (and well documented) API access can plug any holes in dears offering.

Response from Cin7

Hello Luke,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We continually thrive to do our very best to serve our customers. If you would like to master DEAR we do have a DEAR Academy (https://academy.dearsystems.com/) which will help you become an Inventory Pro.

Please feel free to contact us via email ([email protected]) or on WhatsApp (+44-1244-940807) if you have any questions or concerns.

Jacques

Energenic

Reviewed on 24/05/2023

Dear is an overall well planned software, i enjoy working on it, I will say I am 80% happy - still need development in certain areas

Pros

Procurement and Stock keeping working great, Can have latest prices on hand

Cons

Job Costing is difficult and need to go to reports to get information cast export job cost directly from Job's BOM in Production cant be exported and work on average cost - need to work on latest price as i am using the BOM for price costing

Manu Online and Katana Cloud Inventory

Needed a manufacturing software - Dear offer all in one

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Look the best for our Company at the time
Steve

Powerful automation, great UI, and outstanding support

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Pros

Orderhive has exceeded our expectations.

It is very fairly priced for the power of the system.

The automations for order processing and purchasing are huge labor savers. You can be quite creative using them to fit your business.

Anytime we get to a point where we can't do something we want, their team takes it seriously and tries to figure out how to help with a different process or even taking the issues to their development team for exploration.

The UI is beautiful compared to competitors. There are some limitations in search, sort and filter of large data sets, but they are working on expanding and strengthening it.

Onboarding takes time if you are migrating from other systems, but they are always present to problem solve. Data flows easily in and out of the system via excel sheets.

Integrations work well and APIs seem reliable.

We are US based. Orderhive is India based. I was worried the time difference would make it difficult to receive quality support, but their support team is quickly available most of the time so it is never a problem.

Highly recommended and I look forward to watching this strong platform get even stronger with its creative and humble corporate culture

Cons

I would like to see much more pop up contextual help. If I could hover over a help icon next to a field name, I wouldn't need to start a chat. That would save everyone time.

Owen

Simple but very, very effective Inventory management and general business operations software

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

The business administration is now a multiple of it's previous efficiency. We can track sales, purchases and performance far, far more efficiently than before. The proof is in the pudding - walk around our sales office and at least one screen on every desk will have DEAR open.

Pros

The software is made up of simple to understand modules that have a clear purpose and have extremely good help videos and articles available. There is a "simple" and "advanced" version of most functions which makes carrying out most tasks extremely efficient while still having the power of the full functionality available in the background if needed. Any simple document can be changed to an advanced document with the click of a button.

Cons

The "Jobs" or project module is somewhat more difficult to use than other parts of the suite. Projects are a common part of many businesses and a simpler, more intuitive, module that allowed easy quotes and easy conversion to a Job would be a great enhancement.

SAP Business One, Simpro and QuickBooks eCommerce

Ease of use Cost Support responsiveness Comprehensive modules and integrations
Samuel
  • Industry: Plastics

Great manufacturing aid

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

Dear lets us manage the extraordinary combination of materials, compounds and product that we manufacture on a daily basis in a straightforward manner. For some of our operations--for example when we create 10-30 batches of a particular material--use of the API is almost mandatory for efficient data entry--but generally the interface does a great job. Our business is on a much stronger financial and engineering footing using DEAR.

Pros

The sales, production and purchasing modules provide an excellent integrated platform for our manufacturing operations. We stock over 300 chemicals to make hundreds of rubber compounds that we use in production of custom rubber products and Dear keeps the complexity under control. I love the continual upgrades on the cloud and the easy access from anywhere. Finally, the standard interface is good but the API lets us implement solutions to meet specific needs at various points in our production.

Cons

While the technical support is excellent I find I occasionally need to reach out to them because the online documentation is not well organized.

The reporting module is adequate but often requires off-line processing to get the results you are looking for. They make that easy with excel exporting but it is impossible to create a report that is self-explanatory. For example, you can build complex filters to get specific results but you can not re-title the generic report with a specific name, or include the filter values to explain your data.

I also wish the date fields would accept time information so that we could capture real-time production data in the system--at the moment you can only enter a start and stop date when you create finished goods.

Response from Cin7

Hello Samuel,
Thank you for your review. We are continually striving to improve the service we provide to our valuable customers. As a part of the improvement, we will be restructuring our knowledge base to reflect the module structure in the inventory application so that it will be easy for our customers to find information quicker. As we release more features we update the current knowledge base on a weekly basis. We have taken your reports suggestion into consideration. Please check our roadmap for updates when it will be released to production.

BY
  • Industry: Wholesale

We've been using DEAR Systems for 6 years and this one incident made us really disappointed.

Reviewed on 04/06/2021

Pros

Dearsystem is mostly diy so its easy to implement quick fixes/changes when necessary.

Cons

- No AR ageing report even though we use this software for payments recording
- We've been using DEAR Systems for 6 years now. I recently tried to add an additional external integration but the integration page simply refreshed without connecting to the external software and without any error message whatsoever (possibly a bug). Thinking that it could be because i didnt had sufficient external integration licenses in my subscription, i went ahead to pay for an additional external integration. However, the same issue reoccurred which prompted me to contact support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from support reached out and we managed to resolve the issue. However, in the process, i found out that not only did i already have an extra external integration license which i've been paying for months without using before the add on, i also paid for the add on license when i tried to troubleshoot this issue on my own. I followed up with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to request for a credit of the additional unused license to my account (not refund) to offset future subscription charges but my multiple requests were turned down even though [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the management understood my position. Effectively, we've been unknowingly paying for an extra license which we did not use and now that i've added on 1 more license, DEAR is perfectly ok with keeping the extra payment from us, again, for something we do not use. I feel that the company is being really unfair to customers.

Response from Cin7

Hello Tan,

I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue you had by contacting support.

Over time, we have improved the software as well as the infrastructure to provide a comparative advantage;High-performance/available servers, High performance/available individual database, Fast/high-available storage
Fast services (to run tasks, reports, etc.).

You are on a grandfather plan ($100 base) which is no longer offered. We allocate the same server/services to all our customers on the new plan ($249) & great grandfather plan. The $100 base is not enough to cover the infrastructure cost, but we continue to provide the same level of service because you have been with us.

I listened to the call you had with our CSM (#211344) where you have stated you wanted to "try it out". When you pay & use an integration, we instantly allocate all resources. This means that you have already consumed it & I am afraid we cannot refund something which you have consumed.

Regards,

Amar
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Avoid to save time and pain with poor support

Reviewed on 10/03/2023

Poor to say the least. They cant support their own product properly and fail on a number of levels to come back to you to solve your issue.

Pros

Integrations were very good - its easy to use but when more complex things are required you will run into major issues. Not for businesses that handle a large number of orders/products

Cons

Its not often that I take to Social media to complain but Cin7 Orderhive deserve a very special shout out for the lack of Support to their customers.They offer a 20x7 Support offering yet find themselves off for days and not responding (March 6th till 9th) there was no support whatsoever. No communication to advise that there will be no support, which in any case is shocking given that they are a global SaaS provider. Often they are off during their countries National Holidays (where they are based) and have zero contingency in place, so not a true 20x7 support.This is not the first time that we have had issues, senior Managers make promises, Dipan Gajjar but deliver no change.We have waited for 4 days to get a simple FTP integration resolved. After being off for 3 days they now fail to respond to our emails or messages surrounding other issues.Issues such as:- Stock values not updating correctly- FTP integration not functioning- Not responding for days- Support team lack of product knowledge (we have had to teach them what their platform can do!)- Raise tickets for issues but do not resolveThe impact this has on our business is detrimental and as we all know changing ERP platforms takes time and planning.So yes we will be moving, and given their impeccable track record I doubt they will take any action about our issues.However I hope post helps provide other potential users of this platform get a true and clear picture of how appalling their support is .

Linnworks
Cole

Poor Experiences

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

I wish I had control over whether we switched to a new inventory management system, but all I can do is voice my displeasure and hope that change comes. As for anyone looking into it, it seems to me that DEAR has gotten mostly positive reviews. In my experience, I've had almost nothing positive to say about it. I sincerely hope that everyone will put in a little extra money for something more reliable and customer oriented so they, or those that they work with, will not have to deal with the frustrations our warehouse has gone through.

Pros

It seems that DEAR is cheaper than other options, and seems to have a wide variety of functionality -- at the very least, it has all the functionality that our company and our warehouse needs.

Cons

This product in particular has been so poor that I dedicated a lot of time to find places to review it. I started using DEAR 4 years ago when I picked up my job at this company. My company was small then, and DEAR had not been in use for very long when I got there.

Speed has always been an issue, but it hasn't become a big issue until recently as we've become more dependent on inventory and getting things done in a timely manner. In addition to being slow, we experience almost daily shutdowns of the site where nothing can be accessed. Usually, these last anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes, but the other day it went down for over 2 hours! This was during our shipping time when we are entirely dependent on the system, although it should be noted that we are dependent on it for the majority of the working day anyways. We ended up staying late to compensate -- and it was a Friday.

Support was not any help as they always provide empty reassurance that their 'team is working hard to improve and optimize the servers', and don't provide any kind of real fix. I could accept that if it noticeably improved over the years, but it hasn't. Clearly it's not enough of an issue for them to actually address.

Overall, terrible software service and terrible customer service. If they excel at anything, it's making their website look pretty -- although I have my complaints about poor functionality of the website as well.

TL;DR -- Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Response from Cin7

Hello Cole,
Thank you for your feedback. Over the last year, we have done a lot of change to improve the performance. To name a few; individual database for each customer, code restructuring, optimize the query, offloading some processing to different servers for quick execution and we also have a 24/7 team monitoring the system for any performance issues & addressing them before customers get affected.
One of our Customer Success Managers has been trying to contact you. We want to give you personalized attention to help you resolve any difficulty you may be facing.

Serena

An Excellent Customer Service Specialist

Reviewed on 10/03/2023

I would recommend Dear solely based on the help and support I received from a brilliant Customer Support Specialist called [sensitive content hidden]. During a time when my company was suffering some difficulties she went above and beyond to help accommodate the challenges I faced and made me feel listened to and valued. She was brilliant and made me have a positive experience of Dear. Based on my customer experience with her I would recommend Dear to other people.

Pros

The invoicing and sales management is easy to use and it has a good user interface. Customer support responds to emails within 24 hours. Some support specialists send videos which is a great way to understand the system.

Cons

There is a wide discrepancy in the quality of customer service specialists- some are brilliant and some are very unhelpful and do not seem to be empathetic to the customer's problems. Sometimes it is obvious that the person lacks the technical knowledge to support the customer so you just go around in a circle. Maybe the support emails could be flagged in different categories such as 'interface issues', 'data issues' and that way the technical emails can be sent to someone who is an analyst. The training videos are not very helpful as they only give a generic overview that doesn't help when you have your own data uploaded and face problems. Training would be more helpful when you have your own data uploaded into the system and after a week of using Dear book a 30min training session with a support member who could answer the bespoke questions you have related to your business - as the currents videos never helped when I needed help.

Stephanie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

DEAR is essential to the way we manage our inventory. Lacking some features we need but has...

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

Pros

Being able to integrate with a number of eCommerce platforms is huge. Support usually replies fast (especially for simpler questions and help). Also the way in which we're able to manage thousands of products over multiple locations is fantastic. Some aspects of DEAR are very intuitive and easy to use. It allows one portal for looking at sales, product orders, inventory storage and movements, basic product history. The reports on the dashboard help us see inventory and financials at a glance. They've also recently expanded, allowing more than 20,000 SKUs at a time in the system!

Cons

Because DEAR is used by so many and works with so many different platforms, integration between it and other platforms (we use Shopify) are not always seamless. A feature that works great with one may make another way more difficult to use. On that note, customizing your DEAR account to make it exactly what you need is rather difficult. We often have to find workarounds to ongoing problems that may seem basic to many. And while customer support is friendly and often fast to respond, it's very easy for misunderstandings to occur. As well, new feature requests often don't get acknowledged if they don't fit into DEAR's current plans.

One thing that would be great could be a separation for those who need DEAR just to locate products, vs those who actually need to access all of the parts of DEAR that can change products, sales, locations... We've had a number of mix-ups where inexperienced people made changes that couldn't be undone due to the nature of the software.

Lots of features for the price - great support

Reviewed on 22/11/2017

Pros

Earlier this year we implemented DEAR inventory in our manufacturing company in Indonesia. The key reason we chose DEAR was the functionality. We have been searching for an inventory management system with manufacturing functionality for a very long time and couldn't understand why it was so difficult to find a system that dealt with what we felt were really core/ basic requirements without looking at customisation. DEAR seems to cover almost everything we need and is working on developing the programme for what it doesn't currently.

The other key reason was the responsiveness of DEAR to queries. I am still waiting for replies from a competitor to my requests to ask a few questions when we were looking at different systems. We had good help getting it set up. I would definitely recommend.

Cons

There are some limitations with templates - invoices, packing slips etc. - when dealing with a currency that uses a decimal place as a thousand separator instead of a comma. It also doesnt have the ability to track batches through multiple assemblies which limits the value of the production reports we can get.

Response from Cin7

Dear Graeme,

Thank you for the review we are happy to hear that everything is going well.

Just addressing some of the cons, we use microsoft mailmerge so templates are very customisable. We have a complimentary service for paying customers where we can assist with template customisation at no additional cost so feel free to send us your templates to [email protected].

Regarding the tracking of batches through sub-assemblies please check the 'Lot Recall' report which will show you every single finished good that contained a particular batched or serialised product that you searched for all the way through to who you sold it to and which supplier you brought it from.

Best Regards

Derek

It does not exactly suit our business model,compared to other software in the market it was...

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

Pros

The fact that it can be accessed from anywhere and that the information available is reasonably accurate

Cons

We transfer stock between locations on a daily basis eg. receipts, transfer to work in progress, then assembly and then to finished goods in more than one location and then it gets sold. when looking at a stock movement report of Raw Material, all that I want to know is receipts + stock on hand-assembly = Stock on Hand. The inventory totals in inventory do not balance with the Trial balance figures as the trial balance picks up transfers as many as three times. So the Raw Material and Finished Goods are never correct in Dear and because of Synchronisation in Xero.
second point is the introduction of the Advanced Purchase Module and discontinuation of cloning without any prior warning and with no video training module available. I have so far been unable to use that module and am working with the simple purchases module, keeping it in draft, and manually adjusting stock levels when receiving stock. I then use a new Simple Purchase to deal with the supplier invoice. Ideally, the system should be able to tell me what stock is required, but the is no correlation between Assembly and Inventory. We use about 8 to 9 different Raw Materials in different quantities to produce our finished goods, so you can understand how frustrating this all is.

Brad

Good Software, Held Back by Bugs

Reviewed on 04/05/2020

Take out the bugs and I've had a really good experience with Dear overall. If they can fix these issues it will go from a good to great platform.

Pros

I have had some really positive experiences with Dear's Support Team, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular. She and the rest of the support team have a deep understanding of Dear's functionality and were able to help my company tackle a sizable inventory issue. Dear is also a simple software to learn and understand which is extremely valuable when it comes to training new employees.

Cons

The thing I like least about using Dear are the bugs and server stability problems. These issues range from small but daily loading errors to site-wide crashes that have halted our production for hours. For the most part these are minor annoyances/inconveniences but when they are happening on a daily basis in can be increasingly frustrating.

Response from Cin7

Hello Brad,

Our team always strives to help our customers succeed. I am glad to hear that DEAR has helped you in your organization.
The development & quality assurance team is currently working hard on making DEAR work efficiently.
We recently rolled out a separate reporting generating server & enhancement to allow DEAR to handle enterprise business requirements.
If you encounter any problems please feel free to contact us via email ([email protected]) or on WhatsApp (+44-1244-940807).

David
David

Plays nicely with Xero, handles our 5 international shopify websites and direct provisioning,...

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Pros

We are loving this software, been using 8 months now and it is powerful. We run 5 e-commerce sites, 4 warehouses and sell in 3 currencies and it's handling all well. Support, as mentioned, isn't quite as easy as getting a call but we use their tutorials, common sense, their live chat.
We also paid for assistance with setup as we didn't want to make any mistakes and desired a bit of support from Work Smart NZ, these guys are great too and worth the extra investment if you value your time”

We are currently trying to get the good word out on various sites and we are hoping that you would to take the time out of their day to share it on Getapp:

Cons

The .docx invoice templates are hard work to manipulate, some more standardized system (like unleashed offers) would make life much easier.
No great integration with a CRM currently. Also they need a Zapier integration so it can connect to other web apps. We are using email parser functionality to achieve most of this but it's complicated.

Response from Cin7

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your review!

If you require assistance with your template customization feel free to take up our complimentary template customization service. Simply email support with all required changes and we will get it done.

In regards to CRM we currently have an integration with SALPO & Capsule CRM. If you would like mroe info about it please book in a call here https://classic.youcanbook.me/v2/jsps/cal.jsp?cal=ZgsGQaWduL34BrkiNkBY

Best Regards