Gmail

4.8 (12,303)
Write a Review!
Free email and inbox management app, from Google

(12,303)

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Nothing better than Gmail

Reviewed on 05/03/2021

Gmail is the best email service that anyone can have. All the associate service and integration that can be done with Gmail like Google Docs or Google Meet has help me to have more power and control to help managing my daily task better.

Pros

No email hosting software has do the job that Gmail has done. Managing email, auto sign-up for website, access to Google Suite and many more can be done with Gmail account. Gmail also can be upgraded to business account, which i can have my own domain email and using Gmail email hosting service to managing all the incoming email.

Cons

Getting a customer support service from Google is not as easy as it should be. I need to email them and wait for several days for them to finally response to my email, and no option to connect to the support service by phone for my country.

Jonathan
Jonathan

The best out there - still not good enough

Reviewed on 22/01/2024

I think it has been a good experience overall, but I really hate the way they have things on offer (like space) and then they retract that and charge you for it when you get used to it.

Pros

Spam blocker is better than anything else out there.
The inbox look is clean, and emails tend to get through without outages and problems.
Calendar management is great.
Set up with own domain is exceptional.
Great layout of Google One, personal administration space.

Cons

The surveillance associated with Google, and intrusion into everything.
Rubbish integration with things like home automation (none).
Google not providing the functionality of things like IFTTT, etc. (so you have to buy one of those services instead or get used to poorly designed alternatives in the suite).
Contacts management is awful.
Terrible integration for multiple work accounts on mobile phone.
Ridiculously bad layout of their Google Workspaces administration space.

Andressa
  • Industry: Automotive

Accumulates a lot of emails

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

I confess that I don't like it as much as I used to.
Emails accumulate because it is difficult to...

I confess that I don't like it as much as I used to.
Emails accumulate because it is difficult to delete several at once.

Pros

receive and respond to emails with ease.

Cons

Little storage space and very difficult to delete emails.

Christopher
  • Industry: Entertainment

No other alternatives for our business

Reviewed on 19/04/2021

We didn't really want to use Gmail but there are very few alternatives for our business. We use Google Workspace for our company so unfortunately we are king of stuck with Gmail rather than choosing it ourselves. This is mainly due to the fact we we already pay for Gmail storage.

Pros

Integrating our customised business email addresses into Gmail is probably the most useful feature Gmail provides.

Cons

From the start of using Gmail for our business email addresses we constantly get a "something is wrong" alert on our accounts. Formatting doesn't work when cut and pasting other fonts or colours, and the general experience of Gmail is, well, clunky, if that's the word. While it offers lots of custom features it is hard to find out how to use them as the support is just a Google Forum, therefore spending far too long trying to find the right answer. Finally the limit to file size attachments is frustrating. As a media company I send large attachments and after surpassing the 25mb limit a link is then provided to the other remailing attachments. I'm then going back and reducing file sizes as it doesn't look professional in my opinion.

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

GMail is the Superior Mail choice

Reviewed on 18/02/2024

Pros

It’s easy to use, search, save, reply.

You can access it everywhere

Cons

It allows you to be tracked by everything you used google to log in with

Steward
Steward

Just better than the rest

Reviewed on 12/01/2024

I think it's the easiest to use compared to others.

I think it's the easiest to use compared to others.

Pros

I like the ease of use and ability to set up my files the way I need to for business and personal work.

Cons

I'm still figuring it out. The only problem I've run into is the way e-mail and responsees are displayed. There is not enough separation and a time line. It clumps it all togeather in a big run on...

Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

G-mail is just easier to use from what I've been experiencing... so far. The Microsoft browser is still better since some of my apps and other institutions like Microsoft better.

Microsoft 365 Backup

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I just like g-mail more. It works better with my stuff.
Muhammad Daud
Muhammad Daud

Gmail makes email simpler

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

Overall I had a good experience with Gmail as it allowed me to explore additional products offered by Google Workspace. Gmail integrated notes and Reminders work perfectly well with Mobile apps and Sync is great. Overall I would always recommend Gmail for primary email storage.

Pros

I have found Gmail comes with lot of utilities. Emails Management, Calendar, Google Drive, Google Sheet, Notes etc. These tools makes all in one easy for you to manage your personal or Business portfolio. Gmail free accounts have more than sufficient space for Drive and Emails and the Google Workspace comes with lot of Admin advantages and products.

Cons

Syncing Gmail emails with third-party applications is a back draw. The IMAP or POP is not reliable and loses connectivity. Google Should join its email through Exchange to work with third-party apps.

Microsoft Outlook and Yahoo Mail

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

More functionalities, reliability, and sustainability.

Gmail sharing, Storage, Email and Search is better than Yahoo or Outlook
CHARLES BOAMPONG
CHARLES BOAMPONG

The Most Powerful, Free, Easy and Effective Email Service Tool for Everyone

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

I personally feel Gmail is the number one recommended email service tool for all beginners because of its user-friendliness. Not only that, everyone at some stage may need one or many of the features that Gmail offers so irrespective of the email service tool that one is using, they may still need a Gmail account for some occasions.

Pros

Gmail offers a very simple interface which is very easy to navigate. I also love the Google Meet functionality for video conference calls.

Cons

Sometimes Gmail's filtering tool may identify and divert very important emails and put them in the Spam folder.

• Industry: Automotive

Gmail : The most easiest dependable free email you will ever come across!

Reviewed on 13/02/2024

Awesome easy dependable it's everything I need in an email and so much more unbeatable.

Pros

How simple it is to use and it's absolutely free.

Cons

There was nothing I didn't like about it

Claire
  • Industry: Events Services

Great email service

Reviewed on 27/04/2024

Pros

I like how well known the email address is

Cons

its inbox is difficult to manage so I use spark to read and sort through all my messages. mix of .com and co.uk also confuses people

Syazwani
Syazwani

All i need for email

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Gmail is the longest emails manager that i have use, either for personal use and business use. Throughout the years, Gmail has expended and giving better service for me especially when all the attachment file will be scanned first for any virus or malware before it will be available to be downloaded, it really help put ease to my mind.

Pros

Everyone has at least one Gmail account and i am one of them. Managing my personal email account is really easy as i can use it from my smartphone. They also has a good detection rate for spam email and i almost don't have to check my spam inbox anymore, as they really good at separating between legit and spam email.

Cons

There are not easy way to delete the email in my inbox. I have to select each of the email to delete it and no way to select everything in bulk, and delete them altogether. There are also no option to archive my email to off sites storage, everything is only accessible online and not offline.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

I use Gmail everyday for both personal and business use

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

I have been using the free version of Gmail for years. The amount of features you get access to for free, like Google Docs, Google Forms, and even the ability to forward your website business emails (yourbusiness.com) to your gmail account - all this is just amazing! Switching over to Gmail was the best decision I've ever made.

Pros

I switched over from Yahoo to Gmail years ago because Gmail automatically keeps track of all emails that are sent between parties. Meaning, when you email someone and they email you back, Gmail automatically saves every email you send to each other and keeps it in one thread.

This feature alone is extremely helpful for me in my business. I can always go back into a thread and get business details from that were written months back.

I also like that you can add people into your contacts list. This feature is helpful so that important client emails aren't lost in the land of Spam.

Lastly, I like the way you can label emails and organize them into categories and folders. This feature prevents my inbox from getting cluttered and makes past emails easy to find.

Cons

When you open a new account, sometimes it's a bit confusing to add email category folders like "Updates" and "Forums" to the main dashboard that you see as soon as you log into your account. I did go on YouTube to figure out how to add the "Updates" tab on my own though. It's a simple thing to do, but it's not very clear that you can do that when you sign up for your account.

Liezl

Most used daily tool

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

I have upgraded a 3 free gmail accounts to workspace, and set it up for at least 2 clients. It is fairly simple to import email to workspace, and much easier than the usual complicated email migrations!

However, the admin dashboard access is always a little bit of a dance for a single proprietor or small business. E.g. just being able to change a personal profile picture, or access calenders etc. is switched off by default. It may be better to default the same settings as gmail for new single users, so they don't need to dig around or be overwhelmed with the basics. Or, perhaps expand the setup to include deciding if users show profile photo's, name title, calendars etc. to get them going.

I still recommend it, but only if I can help them set it up, it can be a bit overwhelming for some tech-nervous clients.

Thank you for a great service, you have made the world of connecting accessible to individuals and small business!

Pros

Its quick and easy to sign up and get started. Its fairly seamless accessing and synchronizing email from multiple devices such as computer, phone and tablet. Importing contact phone and email details works fairly well, but could wasn't great for birthdays and dates (It has however been a while since I did that).

Cons

I use filter rules a lot to manage subscriptions, orders etc. They are quite hidden away in settings, and rather binary just listing rules instead of named options. I often need to clear it all out and start again as there are overlaps. *@email doesn't seem to work hugely well, but the detailed options for sending to folders or labelling etc. work well.

Inbox folders unread, - there are currently only 4 options, would be nice to have more! (e.g. inbox, starred, 1 selected filter folder and the remainder.) For example having multiple labelled selections based on rules.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

I went from a bigger business with tech administrators to a small startup - couldn't justify the overhead or maintenance of larger setups. This way I can scale as I grow, and help small business clients do the same. Its a professional foot forward, where bells and whistles can be added as you go (workspace).

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

The option to start small and scale later (the cost is slightly higher later but very comparable to most, and sustainable monthly). The ability to maintain it myself without the need for a networks engineer. The robustness of the security. The ability to integrate to my existing personal persona and other business identities, tools and features (e.g. calender, meet etc.)
Eden

Gmail is the best and excellent way of communicating via email

Reviewed on 01/10/2021

I’ve been using this software for the past 7-8 years and throughout my experience I don’t like this software I love it

Pros

It is beginner friendly and mainly Gmail is my personal favorite email management software because of its loyalty and also it is very it use and can be found in many forms and version for example, the application is friendly with both my android phone and android Tablet and also the software is compatible with my windows 10 Toshiba portage laptop and the way that it distinguish social media’s subscription mail, personal mail, promotion mail and etc.

Cons

There is not a single thing that I like least about Gmail but I believe that it can improve for example the spam feature is very good but it can be excellent and also sometimes it sends the promotion mail to spam and it must be corrected

Jessica

Gmail is literally my brain saved in a program

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

I have had the same email address with gmail for over a decade, and i had some messages I saved when my children were little from me sending photos to myself to save in my email. I never have to worry about those memories being deleted, ever, or getting lost or anything else. They have been there for years and I plan to keep them even longer for my kids to be able to look back on and print whenever they want to. Gmail has allowed me to save memories, write friends and family, keep up with birthdays, save and store emails from the past even if I forget the recipients email, gmail will always fill it in for me no matter what new and updated phone I have, gmail remembers everything. I have everything in gmail. This app is basically my brain and my life and idk what I would do without it. It’s the first thing I check when I wake up in the mornings, not Facebook. Not insta, but gmail.

Pros

I just really enjoy every single feature! There are honestly too many to even think of or name off here but gmail is and never has been JUST about checking your emails. You can do everything from this app if you wanted to. I find it very helpful that any email I have ever entered stays stored somewhere in gmails “mind” even if I have long forgotten, I love that if I am wondering if a email is legit or not, gmail shows me the correct spelling and everything of the email recipient in mind. I love that I can keep certain messages in folders for YEARS, and never ever have to worry about them going anywhere or ever being deleted

Cons

Honestly while I wish it was a bit easier to search through messages for keywords and for gmail to pick up on any typos while searching and find it even if you’re not 100% sure, that’s not exactly something that bothers me that much. It’s definitely not bothersome enough to make me stop using it.

Charles

The best free email service on the planet, if you are OK with Google knowing everything about...

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

Dependable and effective for over 12 years for my personal and business email needs.

Pros

Free, but the most effective and powerful email management tool.

Cons

Not much to dislike, but customer service, or getting a live person to help with technical issues is non existent. Thankfully, the service is robust and customer service is rarely needed.

Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Much better and cleaner presentation, ads are almost noticeable and not obtrusive. Ability to enhance features, such as email tracking, scheduling, etc... using plug in tools.

Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I have not found a more robust and feature rich, yet easy to use email product. Gmail is vital to my day to day personal and business life.
Dayna
Dayna

Gmail does more than you think!

Reviewed on 14/09/2022

My overall experience with Gmail is very enjoyable. I really do not have tons of complaints, especially since it's free lol.

Pros

What I like most about Gmail is the popularity, price, and ease of use. Everyone who has an email address almost always has a Gmail account. Gmail's user demand and features are extremely helpful with online communication efforts

Cons

The only thing I do not like about Gmail is the small storage space and the size limit on outgoing messages. This is a headache if you need to send large files regularly.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

I made the switch from AOL to Gmail because AOL was dated. Once dial-up became a thing of the past, Corporate America changed with it. No one was using AOL for business any longer. Therefore, I needed to find a sufficient replacement. Over the years, Gmail has created many new features and applications that make it easy to stick with Gmail.

AOL Mail

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I chose Gmail over Yahoo Mail because Gmail offers more features.
Tanner

Gmail is the best Email

Reviewed on 08/01/2024

Fantastic! I cannot imagine using any other email.

Fantastic! I cannot imagine using any other email.

Pros

Gmail is the most helpful email inbox software that I have used both professionally and personally. I highly recommend it!

Cons

The multiple verification login and the time it takes if you are locked out of an account.

Juno, Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Gmail was much easier to use and allow for the streamline of my calendar and contacts.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

It had the largest inbox size without being costly at the time.
Quinton
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Wont fail with GMAIL

Reviewed on 27/07/2020

I have a had a great experience with Gmail ,I've used it not only for personal user but for college use as well and it has been the easiest way to check my email, that is why it is my default app.

Pros

What I liked most about the software is the ease of use, I've used other email platforms in the past and it seems that this is has been the best experience for me. I like how the software is able to put all my promotional emails in one group instead of having it spread out in my inbox. The color coding of the emails is especially helpful so I can search for what I'm looking for a lot faster. Within an email the reply, forward, print and block email options in one location is perfect. Lastly, the auto typing and autocorrect feature is great! its like the program knows what I'm going to type before i type it, and it adds better choice of grammar.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this app, IF I had to choose one it would the grouping of promotions feature. Yes its awesome that it has this feature, but it would great if it grouped like promotions in order.

Neeraj
Neeraj
  • Industry: Human Resources

Gmail the Email Trend

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

My overall experience with Gmail is good. I use Gmail for my personal use as well as the company I work for. I love Gmail for its features and functionalities, which it offers, which is beyond sending and receiving emails.

Pros

Gmail is easy to use. It is extremely user-friendly. It is the best email provider in every aspect. It has two different designs, a smooth one with pleasant UI and a basic version for slow internet connection. It also has a dedicated app for android and iOS. I can quickly sort my emails into different folders or assign them various labels in the same folder. It has an intelligent spam filter. It provides extra features than other email providers like phone calls and hangouts. It saves the information, so it makes it easy to change the phone. It can integrate with other services like YouTube or Google drive. It is easy to use across multiple platforms. It provides 15GB of storage space for personal use. It suggests grammar and punctuation errors for correction. The best thing which I love about Gmail is “undo send,” Sometimes, I forget to attach documents, click undo send, attach a copy, and sent. It is priceless. It also provides a scheduled email; I can set an email for a specific amount of time.

Cons

I have been using Gmail for 8 years and found nothing to dislike. I have never had any problems sending or receiving emails. Gmail proves far superior to alternatives and stays adaptive with times and changing technology. But sometimes, regular emails are also marked as spam. It is a minor issue which it has.

Tamara

Best Email service from my various experience

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

I've always encouraged clients that have issues with their Microsoft emails to switch to gmail. It just seems to clear the issues up. It seems like Microsoft has a high security filter for emails or something like that. That it causes issues for incoming and outgoing emails. I am personally a big fan of gmail. It seems like they really have it simple and organized that most clients can grasp it rather quickly.

Pros

I love how simple it is. It doesn't feel cluttered compared to other email platforms I've used. Its great for team collaboration and being able to send each other calendar invites, set up video meetings, tasks on your calendar as well as filtering your emails to help keep your main task (or emails) prioritized and the others can be archived (out of sight out of mind). Which is great for me. As I use my email in a way that whatever is in my inbox are the tasks I have for the day or the people I need to respond to. I've used Microsoft email due to school but it always seemed to have issues (emails constantly going to spam and in my personal opinion not the most simple layout). Where as gmail seems to be able for the most part to sort spam or outside emails correctly. I think this is a great option for those looking for a simple email or looking to use it for a small business (its really easy to set up).

Cons

I rarely have issues with Gmail if I'm honest. But since their calendar is connect to the email. I would say I wish you could share tasks with other coworkers. You can share events but you cant share tasks which I feel would be helpful as I keep my project manager in the loop of things I have on my schedule for that day. But all around the email is very straight forward, easy to set up as an individual or a business, and looks clean.

Bipin

Excellent overall keeps me organized.I recommend to use this app its totally secure and free...

Reviewed on 25/03/2023

Overall, the Gmail app is a great option for those who prioritize simplicity and ease of use, but it may not be the best choice for users who want more customization or privacy.

Pros

User-friendly interface: The Gmail app is easy to navigate, making it simple to compose, read and organize your emails.Multiple accounts: The app allows you to add multiple accounts, which is great if you use more than one email address.Labeling: With the Gmail app, you can label your emails for easy categorization and searchability.Spam filter: The app’s built-in spam filter is effective in keeping unwanted emails out of your inbox.Integration: Gmail integrates with other Google services, such as Google Calendar, Google Drive, and Google Photos, making it easier to manage your digital life.Push notifications: You can receive push notifications for new emails, so you don't have to keep checking your inbox.

Cons

Limited customization: Unlike other email apps, Gmail doesn't offer many customization options, so you can't change the look and feel of the app.Ads: Gmail displays ads in your inbox, which can be distracting and take up valuable screen space.Privacy concerns: Google collects a lot of data from Gmail users, which can be concerning for some users.Email threading: Some users find Gmail's email threading feature confusing, as it groups multiple emails together under one conversation.No unified inbox: Unlike some other email apps, Gmail doesn't offer a unified inbox feature, so you have to switch between accounts to see all your emails.No email scheduling: Gmail doesn't allow you to schedule emails to be sent at a later time or date, which can be inconvenient for some users.

Mike

Gmail is the industry standard...for now

Reviewed on 27/07/2023

I've never had an issue with Gmail. I've been using it for over 20 years and I've never had to reach out to Google for help, not once. It delivers an up to date, modern, intuitive email system that can be used for anything from personal emails to business emails and everything in between. It's a great email system!

Pros

I love that Gmail has a nice UI, it looks modern, clean, and organized. It does a great job of allowing you to have a professional looking and functioning email for free, and that's the beat part. G-mail is free and you can create as many email accounts as you'd like. As a realtor, I have to pay for my own marketing so having the ability to use Gmail for free saves me a bunch of money.

Cons

There are a few things I'm not a huge fan of but I can't complain since I don't have to pay Google to use Gmail. The one thing I dislike most is when you have an email chain going with multiple people with multiple emails sent and receoved, sometimes the newly received emails aren't easy to find. They will get tossed in the middle of the email thread and you'll have to go digging to find the latest email. Ita not the beat system but the good thing is you can always find what you're looking for...you just have to look

Virginia

Gmail AKA the Ultimate Key to Business Organization

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

Pros

Gmail’s web-based email and storage service is the ultimate key to business organization. G Suite’s collaborative application suite for business and enterprise users has significantly enhanced our efficiency across our organization, allowing us to store and condense all of our work initiatives in one local area. Whether you use Gmail, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. I would strongly recommend finding the best collaborative suite platform for your company and condense your work files, documents, etc. into one storage area that everyone (with permission) can easily access. Here are some of the main reasons we were swayed into using Gmail within our company.

Pros
Gmail’s free secure webmail platform, offers up to 15 GB of storage for personal use, with the option available to purchase more storage (cloud and Google Drive) on an as needed basis.

Gmail’s platform can be customized to a certain extend but generally keeps things clean and simple. Its search features save you from having to manually scroll and read past emails to locate the one you want; you can also set up personalized keyboard shortcuts to speed up the processes as well.

You can also organize emails via labels, this feature acts much like a file finder, in which you can create categorized folders to nest specific emails under and easily reference them/easy retrieval.

Time is of the essence in the business world, so the option to save emails, pre-written templates, and import contacts directly into the platform is great for accelerating email responses and keeping our clients from losing interest.

The definitive feature of G Suite Office Suite is the set of team collaborative tools available to you for sharing/file storage, creating forms (registration, survey, etc.), Excel, Word documents, and PPT with the option to collaborate in real-time.

G-Suite also includes video and conference calling, in which you can invite anyone to join by setting up a Google calendar invite.

Cons

Gmail’s email tracking is not the most suitable feature for those in marketing and sales, looking to keep track of open rates, link clicks, who clicked on the specific link, etc. But Google is completely transparent about this issue; Gmail’s documentation clearly states tracking may not be accurate, there are various factors you need to be aware of to make sure your actions don’t interfere with the tracking data. However, Gmail does easily support plugins you can add to allow for tracking (we use Lead Liaison).

Sending mass emails with in Gmail is not exactly feasible because of limitations in functionalities for personalizing emails.

Gmail does put ad placements on free on accounts, but they are pertaining to the contexts within your emails (so at least the trade-off is relevancy).

We have experienced glitches and dropped calls on numerous occasions when utilizing Google Hangouts for virtual meetings (because we run monthly webinars we moved to Zoom video Conferencing which you must have a plan to for the webinar add-on). Google Hangout only provides the option to screen share, etc. during virtual meetings from a laptop using a Chrome device, not practical for people on the go.

GMAIL - the best email service there is!

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

I love Gmail and highly recommend it to anyone who needs to communicate via email for work. Gmail continues to expand with new options for ease and convenience. Gmail is one-stop place for most of my work necessities. It's great for storing information and documents, creating documents in Word, organizing your life with Google Calendar, easily attaching documents with Drive, and helping me create market reports with Google Spreadsheet. Bravo!

Pros

I love Gmail because it is so user-friendly and helps me to organize all of my business emails. I use Gmail every day and all of its other extensions such as Drive, Word, Google Chat, and Business. There are so many settings that allow me to filter, organize and keep my inbox functional and clean. I'm a real estate agent and between my Gmail on my desktop or laptop and on my phone, I'm able to quickly respond and communicate with my clients. I can easily customize my email signature, set away email responses, filter my emails and spam, and keep my calendar organized. I remember back in the day when you had to be invited to use Gmail and I love how Gmail has evolved over the years to be the most dependable and functional email program to use on all platforms. There are also levels of security which I highly appreciate to keep my email from being hacked. Gmail has made my life much more convenient and I highly recommend it to anyone who needs to use an email system especially for work/business.

Cons

The amount of space for my email. I need more space! My email gets blown up on the daily. That's my only complaint otherwise, Gmail has made my business communication experience exceptional. The only other extension I think Gmail would add to their business side is a PDF editor!