KanbanFlow

Lean project management, simplified

4.5 /5 (55 reviews) Write a Review!

Rick P.

My favorite Kanban webapp

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Pros

All the basics of Kanban are available in the free tier. For a freelancer working with a single client, as I've done in the past, the free tier is probably all you need to get things done. I used Kanban Flow extensively for about 20 client projects, and then started using Slack. I've recently come back to KF, however, because it's much easier to stay focused and see how far you need to go to finish.

Free tier includes unlimited boards, and that's awesome.

The webapp is wicked fast on Chrome. I mean really really fast.

Premium tier is fairly priced.

Powerful premium features.

The app gets lots of attention from devs and is updated frequently.

Cons

Administration of boards is a bit tedious, requiring several clicks, and then clicks back to start over with a fresh board.

I can't find any way to increase the font size, other than zoom in Chrome.

Advanced functionality isn't free, and I imagine if you're a business with more than a couple team members, you'll need the premium tier.

Daniel W.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Excellent and Easy to Use Kanban product

Reviewed on 25/02/2019

I have so far only used the free version, but I have thought many times I should buy the premium version if for no other reason than to support this great company and product. But with the free version I have all I need. I just use this for personal use. Where I currently work, they're already invested in Atlassian JIRA, so I can't influence them to purchase KanbanFlow, but if I am ever at another company or job where it comes up, I would enthusiastically recommend KanbanFlow. (Because compared to JIRA, KanbanFlow is so much easier and faster to use). I use this to track my Personal To-Do's and to track my Work To-Do's. I'm a software developer and when I get hot and heavy on a large complex project, I break down the work into tasks on cards, and it helps me organize and focus so much more. It's very easy to set up a board and add cards to it. I use the subtask checklist a lot, and I sometimes use the color coding too. It's so easy to move cards around the board. I haven't needed or tried to track history on a card, or track time, but those features (especially the time) seem to be available. The mobile website is great too, and I am able to move cards around or add/edit cards using chrome browser on my andriod phone, and it works surprisingly well.

Pros

Easy to use and fast. Setting up a board, adding entries to it, moving them around, is incredibly easy, intuitive, and fast.

Cons

Adding labels is a little slow. I wish I could add labels to cards more quickly and easily. As a result, I don't use the labelling feature much.

Bruno C.

KanbanFlow is a great tool with a great price

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Pros

It's free version already comes with valuable functions. It's board view is easy and great to handle project tasks with support to collaboration and time tracking functionalities.

Cons

It repeat task functionality could be better, showing just what is next to be done, but it only show all the future tasks, which make some tasks to appear in the wrong time.

David D.

KanbanFlow is okay!

Reviewed on 11/06/2018

Pros

The app ran nice and smooth. So performance was not much of an issue. I did like the overall look of the app!

Cons

Overall its was okay! I have used many other tasks managers I prefer to this app, but not a bad one! I'd still use it with no issues!

Brandon M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Strong tool, hopefully they'll keep focusing on new features.

Reviewed on 20/04/2018

It's a good tool but could improve the UI and card features with adding images, links, text styles and attachments. There are better alternatives but KanbanFlow could be a great tool if they keep improving.

Pros

It's easy to use and helps us keep on track. The UX is better than average. There's good control over notifications.

Cons

The UI could be improved a lot like in how things are diplayed on the cards. There are design hierarchy issues. Also there are alternatives that offer more features. Adding links, images, attachments etc. involves using markup. It would be so nice to have interface features that allows my to apply text effects more simply like bold, italic or changing color. More text editor tools and being able to attach images or files without using markup would be great. I never love user-based pricing even though so many companies do it.

Tony M.

Reviewed on 29/10/2016

Paul G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used for 6-12 months

Review of KanbanFlow

Reviewed on 08/01/2020

Pros

It has a completely free version, with limited functionality, but enough to get the basics of Kanban implemented without any additional fees.

Cons

The functionality of the software on the free version is very limited, obviously. The paid version has more functionality but there is no customization possible (that I'm aware of).

• Industry: Program Development
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best kanban board

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Pros

So the free version is great. All functions needed for personal Kanban are there.

Cons

It is a pity that swimlines function are paid. Mobile version could be an app not webpage

Bill P.
  • Industry: Sports

My Opinion

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

Overall I LOVE this software and will continue to use it for years.

Pros

I love this software. It is easy to learn and use!

Cons

I own a self defense studio and wish that I could adjust the length of the breaktimes to match the length of my classes. Some are 45 minutes and others are 60 minutes

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Good Tool for team collaboration

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

Overall the use of kanban boards has given us a great start in organising outlet workloads equally and providing individual and team accountability. It’s a great tool as a starter but need to as you would expect be used along side other applications.

Pros

We use the tool frequently to manage team and project tasks, we find the rocccurong task settings really useful for mapping monthly and weekly tasks!

You can assign tasks to individuals which can be shared and filtered as needed.

The card can list a number of subs tasks making it really clear on track g process as they move across the board swim lanes.

Cons

The tool almost has too many feature making it more complicated then it needs to be.

Maybe if there were more intervention with time sheeting or scheduling we would get more more use of the tool.

Dorothy W.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Easy Task Manager (free version)

Reviewed on 19/07/2017

By writing down all tasks and color coding them by role, I have learned which things are taking up a lot of my time. I have created columns for "Waiting on Someone Else" and "Redirected From" so I can see where tasks are stalled for reasons beyond my control.

Pros

The customization of columns and colors are perfect. I set each work role as a different color so I can tell at a glace which role a task belongs to. I enjoy dropping things in the Done column. I use this as a communication tool with my supervisor by sharing my board.

Joseph V.

This tool is a great way to keep organized

Reviewed on 02/04/2018

Pros

We have been using this to keep our team up to date on where our various projects are progress wise, and make sure everyone knows what they need to do.

Cons

It would be nice if there were some charts and reports that could be run like there are in a few alternative tasking apps (like Wrike). However, KanBanFlow has been great.

Jamie W.

Easy to use but powerful Kanban tool

Reviewed on 21/06/2021

Love it, use it every day and couldn't be without it.

Pros

Very easy to use with simple features that allow a lot of collaboration, customisation and easy to view tasks from across the team. Sub-tasks, reminders and file sharing make this tool a great asset to our stack.

Cons

The UI is a little dated, and the lack of dedicated mobile app makes this access a bit limiting when on the move.

Shajid U.

Great workflow organizer tool

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Great experience

Pros

Easy to use, great interface, managing workflow is made easy

Cons

all works well, user experience is great

Scott E.

The best kanban flow experience, and flexible enough to do just about anything!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

This is the best way to visualize tasks and manage work flow. By having an ongoing list in things to do today, any of my team members can go in and pull a task into "Doing Now" - that + pomodoro timers that assign to each task means I can literally see where all the time in my day goes, and visually see how things are moving through the pipeline.

Pros

KanbanFlow is an amazing piece of software, and truly flexible for whatever you need it for. It allows you to visually manage any process, but our company uses it most heavily to monitor our WIP (work in progress) and to manage tasks across multiple users.

This allows us to take a quick snapshot of what's being worked on now, what needs to be done today/this week/this month. It also allows us to create an overall work flow ranging from this minute to strategy coming in the next months.

We have also used it to track deals in our pipeline but we ultimately switched that to Hubspot CRM because that includes deal values and forecasting while still retaining the Kanban Board aspect.

Probably the best part though, and the reason I always come back to KanbanFlow instead of any other Kanban Board is the pomodoro timer. This is the best place ever to use a pomodoro timer for a few reasons:

1) You can assign your pomodoro timer to specific tasks, so it's incredibly easy to later look back and see I spent 5 hours 20 minutes on this task.
2) You can look at your pomodoro statistics. I have no idea how much work I did today until I look at my pomodoro statistics and compare them to how well I normally do.

Cons

Nothing really, it does its job well. I do wish it had a mobile app instead of just a web interface, would encourage me to use it more on my phone.

Justas T.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Not as good as the alternatives

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Pros

Easy to use task system
Capable permission and administration tools
Nice color coding, allows to mark importance, or differences between tasks

Cons

Outdated UI makes administrating the tasks a bit of a pain. There are certainly better alternatives on the market

Andoni S.

Best alternative to Trello

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Pros

It's simpler than Trello and has some features that make it very good to organize all your tasks. It's integrated with pomodoro timer which is great!

Cons

Not any cons found for this... I'd just suggest to add some extra features to the free version

Tom F.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Keep an active list of all the things going on in one place

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

This software keeps my personal and professional life organized. Not only myself but for my team members.

Pros

This is the single best software that has improved my organizational abilities and keeps me on task. It allows me to see a visual representation of what needs to be done and what's been completed in a visual manner that easy to understand.

Cons

Not sure because I use the free version of hte software, but it would be great to have more colors to identify categories.

The Easiest Kanban Software

Reviewed on 26/08/2018

KanbanFlow has helped our team stay on the same page and increased our efficiency, productivity, and communication.

Pros

KanbanFlow is easy to use. The UI is easy to look at and the software is easy to learn. The program is pretty simple, yet it's very capable of handling just about anything you throw at it. It also connects to Outlook, which notifies other team members when they have a task due.

Cons

It's not pretty. There are other options that are more pleasing to look at, but that should not make you avoid it.

Josh L.

Stellar task manager, better than Trello

Reviewed on 02/02/2019

I am using this now as my full-time task manager. It does two things very well: simply lays out all of your cards, and allows you to time your work on each of your tasks. I like that the pomodoro timer isn't "fake". It is tied to whatever task you are working on, and you can easily switch tasks mid-pomodoro, and the appropriate time is logged to each task. So at the end of the week I can see by color, by label etc how much time I spent on everything.

I only have two minor gripes. One is that the UI is starting to get dated, the other is that recurring tasks show up again after you mark them complete. This is not a bug or anything, its just annoying to see it pop right up again. It feels like I was robbed of my gold star of completion. For now, I have an external system setup instead, on a cron job. So these tasks get posted to the API and show up on the board.

Pros

I liked the pomodoro timer as well as the simple layout.

Cons

Completed recurring tasks get put immediately back onto the board. Would love the option to hide them until near the time it recurs.

• Industry: Media Production

Agile Kanban Board

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Kanbanflow is really a very good alternative to the current project management system.
The main feature sets are free of cost and price per user is also very cheap. Integration with other applications is also available.

Pros

As a kanban board, it is just a very sleek looking board. I love how simply I can visualise my plans to the customer and involve them in the workflow.
The board is super easy, with sorting it is really simple to get all the work by day.
Time tracking is a feature that is not so useful as we do work at the site and just add the work status to this field. But when editing photo or video it came alive and give a solution for tracking billable time.
I am not a fan of task limiting but subtask and taking a break is just as we need a lot of hydration and sometimes we suffer from dehydration.

Cons

Filter and tags needed to be improved to sort and get all the task according to the specific tag are essential for my work.

Kathy V.

Free version review: Extremely Nice for Free

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Pros

Setting up the boards and using them is extremely easy to do. I have used it for client work - to keep track of the time I have spend on each aspect of each project and this has been very useful for that.

Cons

I am working with the free version - and so this might be available in the pro - but I would really like to have my tasks auto populate onto my MacBook calendar so I can coordinate tasks with meetings and the rest of my planning.

Great and easy-to-use software that helps me stay organized at work every day.

Reviewed on 20/10/2017

It helps me stay very organized and on top of things with big and little tasks at work. Whenever I remember something that I still have to do I'll just quickly add a reminder or task for myself or the team in the appropriate column. That way I never forget anything I have to do and stay productive.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the design and how easy it is to use overall. It is exactly what I would expect from a software that helps me be productive and keep my workflow organized. It's incredibly easy and convenient to quickly add a tasks or reminder, even on the busiest of days, so it won't slip your mind. And I love the flow of columns you can move your tasks through as you're trying to get things done.

Cons

I think the actual design is a bit dated, I just don't love the look of the software as much compared to what else is out there.

Ling ling L.
  • Industry: Publishing

Free version works great as a daily to-do list if you work online

Reviewed on 20/04/2017

Planning vertically (aka using a vertical list) seems to work better for me so I was glad to be introduced to Kanban Flow, and that they offer a permanent free version since, at first, I just wanted to test it out -- I've been using it ever since.

Pros

These are based on the free version.
* Offers free and premium version (the free version works great for me)
* Acts like a vertical to-do list
* Offers different colors so you can color code if you'd like
* Offers the ability to add subtasks
* Can set multiple reminders
* Can be shared with other users.
* Links are hyperlinked.

Cons

These cons are limited to the free version.
* Different colors are offered but the options are limited.
* The default "In Progress" section always expands each task automatically when you first sign on or refresh the page.
* Reports aren't available if you don't use pomodoro (there is a log though that shows up to the past 14 days).
* I tend to end up only using the "In Progress" column as a running to-do list.
* Can't attach files in the free version.
* It'd be nice if we could add sub-sub tasks.

Fabio G.

Been using it daily for two years

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

My third Chrome Tab every day

Pros

Easy, flexible, you can create your own board, one that works for you. I think this is the best feature a software like this can have.

Cons

Sometimes items in my backlog drop to the bottom, don't know why... not a big deal