Microsoft PowerPoint

Ronald W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Get Creative with Powerpoint

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

My overall experience with Powerpoint has been good. It allows me to organize text and images ways that are visually pleasing and that communicate information effectively.

Pros

I like the ability to import, resize, rotate and animate images with ease that rivals many graphic artist programs. There's several different ways to add and delete slides from a presentation, and advancing or rewinding slides is as easy as pushing arrow keys on keyboard or using a presenter remote. Powerpoint gives access to a large library of design templates and themes to give your presentation its own unique feel, and the program groups some of the most commonly used commands on a ribbon for quick access.

Cons

I don't have any cons to list for Powerpoint, as I've used it for school, business, and personal projects without issues.

Alexander W.

Simple PowerPoint Review

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

As an innovator, I use PowerPoint to illustrate problems that exist and how best to solve them, the visuals help improve understanding when I am presenting my work in a boardroom full of executives and as well online through screen sharing these days due to Corona.
Listening without seeing makes one not get funding, but the ability to see what I am talking about, makes the listener more captivated, and usually grabs the attention of the executives who usually have a small attention timespan. The time you have to get their attention is very limited, but once you do, you are in business.

Pros

PowerPoint by Microsoft is a wonderful presentation software. It is very easy to manipulate to give you the best outcome as possibly imagined for your presentation.
The software's versatility is very impressive due to the fact that you can detail your file with ease, as result of numerous slide templates available both offline and online that make your presentation making a breeze.
The program is very user friendly, making it easy to navigate and learn fast. Adding videos, images, audio and designing it to how you like or even imagine is very easy for a beginner and expert too. As a college graduate, PowerPoint gives anybody the ability to be effective and improve learning chances through visual aides, making the presentation a success in whatever topic you may be presenting.
You will love the Microsoft PowerPoint, I vehemently recommend purchasing the software to start on the path to great presentations.

Cons

When you add too much media like audio, and videos, the PowerPoint tend to become slow and it makes me impatient, so I have to account for file size not to exceed a certain amount which takes time and may not bring out exactly what I wanted to bring out in totality using the presentation.
As well, inserting a video can be made easier, instead of having to load the entire video into the .pptx file, the software can be made in such a way the user can reference that video location on the internet or locally within the pc or locally within the flash drive so that when that slide is reached, the video can load without slowing the presentation down, because it makes the slides also take long to load.

Mupo M.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

PowerPoint Review

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

Having worked for both big and small businesses and small groups, I've realized that there are a few things I've learned which apply equally well to both. This product has worked successfully for me for the last year and a half. I have not heard of someone not being able to access a presentation file. The commitment in time and resources one put into a project needs to achieve some return.

Pros

I always like PowerPoint when it comes to meetings since it is a simple and straightforward method to follow. Without a doubt, in PowerPoint, you should believe that you will not encounter a possible customer or location that will not be able to use whatever creation you make for it. It's also very versatile, which allows its users' additional capabilities, including slideshows, the flexibility to perform various tasks. Anyone in the organization can supply content, photographs, embeddable polling, and videos.

Cons

PowerPoint has its own peculiarities, just as other Microsoft products do. While some of the demonstration systems are more user-friendly, the more complex they are, the more satisfying they are. Although certain types of drawing are important for the production of unique artwork, it is not always desirable to produce copies, particularly when trying to create something from scratch. You should create the images yourself in Illustrator or something similar, and then upload them to PowerPoint to get the quality you don't get in the presentation files.

Apache OpenOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft PowerPoint

PowerPoint makes things easy for anyone to create, because of its almost unlimited simplicity. When you want to offer your consumers an easy-to-use product, you want to eliminate a hindrance that might frustrate or distract them.
Ken J.

Authoring tool of choice, eLearning or Presenting

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

My roles within many companies has meant that I have had occasion to use PowerPoint in almost every way that it was designed for and in some cases not designed for. Does it do everything a professional design tool can, (like Photoshop, illustrator, etc.), no it does not, but it is one heck of an authoring tool for creating visual aids for presentations, reports, posters, videos, animations and eLearning. In my humble opinion the bad press that PowerPoint gets is much more about the User ability than the tool itself. My first recommendation to anyone using PowerPoint is, learn how to think visually first. Visual aids should help the audience, not an autocue for the speaker. The second recommendation is that you should always add speaker notes, besides being a good discipline for speaking, it means that you can distribute your slide decks in a way that makes sense to the reader and if it is a course your notes can server as the narrative for eLearning conversion.

Pros

I was once asked at a learning conference, "what makes someone a Subject Matter Expert?" My answer was simple, as a SME you have learned what you can get away with not doing, in other words been there done that. PowerPoint falls into this category, it has been around forever and adopted best practices from the industries it serves. It does not do things to the level that other professional tools do, but then it doesn't need to and I ceratainly have gone past worriying what I can't do and focus on what I can do in the tool.
It is feature rich in many areas, not that many users know what these are, but it covers most bases from Templates and styles to design tools and idea generation. The graphic tools and functions are easy to understand and the animation features makes it simple to create professional looking animations. The selection pane is a godsend when working with many latered slide. The Add-ins feature is great for creating things like Word-clouds, especially when trying to get demographic messages across.
As far as I am concerned when developing eLearning content it is difficult to see any eLearning specific tools match the authoring capability of PowerPoint, the key is to ensure the conversion tool can convert all the features in PowerPoint to HTML5. This gives you future proof content that anybody can edit, not just a software savvy developer!

Cons

There are only a few niggles (wishes) that I would note about PowerPoint and these might not even be something users would come across, it will be easier just to list these in the hope that oneday Microsoft might read this review and take note:
1. Enable drawing with bezier curves, rather than clicking points and editing them afterwards.
2. Allow all animation rows to be moved together (avoid having to step out each one by half a second!)
3. Enable straight line to be changed to multi-point line (so you can curve it)
4. It would be good if you could track changes like in Word, especially when sharing with a client to edit.
5. Exporting speakers notes without slides would be useful.
6. When exporting to Word it is a pain that each slide thumbnail is the whole presentation (makes it a massive Word file).
The last thing is a double edged sword, is it is too easy to use, so everybody things the software will make their presentation look good, not the case, you have to think about it!

Deanna F.
  • Industry: Information Services

PPTX! Does great overheads and SO much more!

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

I love PowerPoint! As mentioned, it's my go-to for actual presentations. But I use it for so many different types of design work, too, and it has made those projects so much easier to create. Unlike online creative design programs, anything you create is always available to you because they are saved on your computer. You never have to worry about losing your work or not being able to access it if the online platform ever goes away. I highly recommend it!

Pros

This is my go-to software for overheads when I am doing a presentation (which I do a lot). It is very user-friendly for creating the slides. The functions (fonts, etc) are very similar to using Word. And, when you are doing the actual presentation, you have use of things like the B key function to blank out the screen if you need it. And, in Presentation mode, you can see the slide that will be next. BUT...

What I LOVE about PowerPoint is what else you can do with it! I use it for graphic design of posters and Facebook images and other types of designs I need. You can adjust size, colour and layouts very easily. You can get gridlines for lining up images and sizes that match up and so much more. And, you can changed the sizes of the slides to any dimension.

I've created business cards as well as speaker one sheets. With the ability to create mulitiple slides, I can create one design and then simply copy it in the thumbnails on the side to preserve the first design and then I can make changes to the copy to see what something else might look like (a different colour or image or whatever).

Right now I'm using it to catalogue items with each slide being a different collection of items. I can then export this as a PDF to create the multi-page document. This would be next to impossible in something like Word because I am using images and in PPTX they stay where I put them! Not so always in Word.

Cons

There's not much I don't like. One thing I would like is better tables because of some of the design work I do. The program comes with interesting table style ideas but I'd really like to have just a plain table like you can create in Word or Excel and with the same functionality. I haven't seen how to get that yet. Maybe it's there? That said, there are some neat design elements built in and they've been helpful for flow charts and such. But other than including a easy-to-access very plain table, I cannot think of anything else I'd change.

Melissa W.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Ideal Option for Presentations, Easy Option for Quick Video

Reviewed on 29/06/2020

Overall, Powerpoint is an awesome tool especially if you are using the latest version. It really makes creating an easy and fun experience for both new and experienced users. I use Powerpoint and would recommend it to anyone interested in quality presentations and simple video creation. I have used Powerpoint for years and though there have been other tools on the market - Powerpoint has always remained my go-to software.

Pros

Powerpoint is a great tool for putting together a simple to a professional presentation. The features are user-friendly and the options are quite expansive. With the available tools in Powerpoint, you can simply create a presentation that looks well designed because Powerpoint has templates and design suggestions that you can take advantage of. So you don't have to be a designer to create something fairly decent. You can also go the elaborate route by using the transition features and animations to create unique and engaging presentations - and videos! The ability to create videos is a really nice option. For those who may not have access to video editing software, Powerpoint has the ability to export files as a video. It's not the best option if you are interested in creating a feature-rich video but if you need to create something quick and simple its a great choice that involves no learning curve aside from what you already know in Powerpoint.

Cons

Powerpoint is a great tool for presentations, simple videos but it not that great for image creation if you don't know a work-around. When downloading images in Powerpoint, the image quality of the downloaded file is not great at all. It becomes very pixeled. This can be quite frustrating if you know your way around Powerpoint and struggle to use or don't have access to other image editors. It is a problem that can be fixed but it takes a couple of steps that most users will not easily find. A Google search will lead to the hidden steps to resolving this problem so all is not lost if you image creation is what you're after.

Shaun D.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Amazing and powerful tool although can feel a little long in the tooth.

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

Overall Microsoft PowerPoint has been a very useful tool in showcasing my work internally and is something that I will continue to use and recommend.

Pros

PowerPoint makes it simple for virtually anyone to be up their game when presenting internally within their organization or to a customer. The tool requires very little learning to get started and you can extract most functionality without delving too deep. There are however some features which can be very powerful (timed slides, transitions/animations, SmartArt etc) that if used correctly can separate a simple presentation to a highly impactful one. Microsoft also offers free PowerPoint for Windows training with videos and tip sheets on their site.

Cons

Over the years Microsoft has added tons of features to PowerPoint and it has become a strong tool in the suite. Unfortunately though this continuous adding of features has made it clunky and eventually Microsoft will need a complete UI redesign to be able to make all the features properly accessible. The fact that they also don't have animations within table contents is surprising and unfortunate.

Radoslav B.
  • Used for 2+ years

Power Point - Power of creation Presentations

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

I have been using it for about 5 years in school for my reports, 4 years as a student for my project presentations and about 2 years in my working career. I found it useful for every part of our life, so pretty recommend the app. I have been using also the office 365 version which makes it more powerful, and also pretty recommend using it. Everyone who needs to have beautiful presentations created fastly and with professionalism, needs to have this product.

Pros

I think the software is very cool and powerful for your personal and business presentation because of:
1. It has a lot of features that you can use to create your presentation - you have layouts with designs, you can add your custom ones too. There are pretty animations that beautify everything. You can add music, video, control it in every way you want and many more.
2. Everything happens very intuitively - you don't need to waste time wondering how to do some operation on your presentation - you just need to trust your intuition and almost everything is there for you. And the final result looks very professional.
3. You do not need to be a designer to have beautiful presentations, because of the cool visions that PowerPoint supports.
4. There is a presenter View which I pretty like - you can watch on your screen the presentation how you want it - with your personal notes and timing, and to project it on another screen in the way the public needs to view it.
5. You can choose to buy it with office 365 - which makes it even more powerful. One great feature for me is that multiple people can work on one file simultaneously which helps in team working a lot.
6. And finally, I think the software can help every person - from small home projects, through student and school purposes, to big business projects.

Cons

Since my work with the software, I didn't have any issues that caused me to dislike the software. I found it very useful, easy to use and creative. And through time the product amazes me with new and new features which make my work looks better.

Melvin roy G.

Microsoft Powerpoint Review - Through my PC-Using-Years

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

I can now do presentation using screen recorder especially if I am making tutorial videos. I have no problems with Powerpoint and I can achieve specific needs for my presentation. Powerpoint-user since the time I learned how to use a PC, and up to now, that I have complicated needs for media productions, Powerpoint is always there to help me!!!

Pros

For the past years, Powerpoint has evolved into an indispensable tool in this age of digital presentation. I started using it when I was still a college student where I make my classroom reports for my Sociology subjects. My teacher then, was really impressed with my presentation and looking back today, I am laughing at my classic animation and slide transition coupled with sound effects for each movement of the objects in a slide. Looking at PPT now, with Microsoft Office 365, I can make sophisticated and trendy presentations that uses the usual "user-friendly" GUI of Powerpoint. I love the advance animations and exciting items available for producing quality presentations.

Many people are using presentation tools like Camtasia, Screen-o-matic, and/or Articulate thinking that they have advance features. They are missing the point that they can also do it in Powerpoint. It is now loaded with new features and applying your skill sets for the application interface that you have been familiar with, over the years. I just hate to see people wasting a lot of money on other products, realizing that they still need to spend time in learning the softwares and training to be proficient with it. When in fact, POWERPOINT can do the presentation job for you!!!

Cons

Powerpoint should have an added menu where they can train and disseminate their new features to the users, both new and avid users. With that interface, the user will learn the new features by simply clicking on that menu. Furthermore, it would be a plus if there are exciting animation/effects that can be used for smooth transitions and movements, so that the animation will be more fluid and professional. Templates and Categories for starters will be Qa great help for those who doesn't have enough background in designing and color schemes. Lastly, it will be nice if we can export our presentation to different social media platforms, since it is now the treQQnd for presentation/video productions.

• Industry: Human Resources

PowerPoint Review

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

I personally will always use PowerPoint. I feel like it's a easy software to use and can really help a presentation. It can easily set you apart from competition and make your professional game a lot stronger!

Pros

I have been using PowerPoint for well over 15 years. To use the product from my earlier years in school for presentations about Penguins to teaching Cultural Diversity in the Human Resources setting in my organization shows how this product can be used in so many different settings. I found it easy to learn the basics while in middle school and high school. Being a visual learner myself, this software is something that I can connect with on a personal basis. I believe using this software for your presentations helps deliver the message on another level with being able to catch the audience's attention and keep it.

I work as the Employment Coordinator/Recruiter with my company. I work with a lot of data. With me being a visual person, this software allows for me to get my data across in a way I'm comfortable with. I do this by using charts/graphs in the presentation. It allows me to show my leadership my data such as (applicant, education of applicant, experience of applicant, how many applicants) to them in a way that text and conversation can't do on it's on. This makes me look more professional and organized. It clearly shows my losses and success, my goals and my progress!

Cons

I think if you are not careful, you can get carried away with using too much text or too many images. There has to be a balance. I think it helps to get proper training/education on how to build an effective presentation.
Anyone can click around and enter text and images, but the audience may focus too much on what's on the screen and not what the actual message is. It's to aid in the presentation and the message, not take over and replace the presenter.

Also, the fact that you have to pay for it with a subscription monthly or annually can pose a problem for some.

Tiffany B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy and Effective Tool to Present Information

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

I use PowerPoint as a teaching tool daily. I prefer PowerPoint to other similar software such as Prezzie or Google Slides because I find it easy to use and just smoother in overall performance. It allows me to have several different presentations on a laptop and I can use them whenever I need to. It's easy and effective!

Pros

My favorite thing about PowerPoint is that it is extremely easy to use. For most basic PowerPoint projects, I feel like anyone could open up the software and figure out how to use it at it's basic level. I feel like the interface of PowerPoint is very user-friendly and it's organized like other Microsoft Office products. Because it's organized the same way, it makes it very easy to use especially if your familiar with other Microsoft Office products. I also love the newer feature of design help. It pops up with design ideas just to the right of your work area and makes it very accessible to change the design of your slides. The user can select through the different options and see how these design ideas might look on your slides with your information and graphics. It allows for very professional looking slides without putting in much effort.

Cons

I feel like this software works great if you always go in order all the time with your slides but if you are the type that likes to jump around to meet the needs of your audience, this can be cumbersome with PowerPoint. There is a way to more seamlessly build into your presentation the ability to say skip over a certain area if your running short on time but it's a more advanced feature that can take some practice to learn and use correctly.

Amy S.

Far more robust than most give it credit for

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

PowerPoint does it all for me: In-person presentations, plans and proposals, social media graphics, animations, digital and print ad design, poster and brochure design. I reach for PowerPoint more than any other Microsoft program. When it comes to presenting ideas with strong visual impact, I think in PowerPoint.

Pros

Like most professionals who've ever had to give a presentation, I began using Powerpoint 10+ years ago as a presentation tool. Over the years, I've created more and more elegant documents, slideshows, etc., and have recently begun using Powerpoint to create digital and print ads, social media posts, posters, brochures and other collateral materials. I've appreciated how easy it is to place text and images, adjust colors, create transparent images, rotate and layer elements, create animations, and much more. Powerpoint is really a fairly intuitive tool for the professional who is capable, but not a graphic designer by trade. There are many things that Photoshop does better, of course, but I'm amazed at how much I can do with Powerpoint with far less swearing. So far the biggest limitations are the size of document you can create (under 50 inches); it doesn't set up in pixels, and it takes a little finesse to produce a high-res output. For my small marketing consultancy, where it helps to keep as much work as possible in-house without paying outside designers for certain types of projects, Powerpoint has become my constant companion. I produce proposals, plans, mockups, and even some finished work all from this one, indispensible program.

Cons

Admittedly, this is not marketed as a graphic design program, but there are only a few small things that would make Powerpoint an easy-to-use tool for simple design: 1., a slightly-easier-to-use "remove background" tool (that doesn't leave the resulting image pixelated); 2., the ability to export or save documents as a Photoshop PDF; the ability to set up a document in pixels, 3., the ability to select dpi.

Rosa G.

Microsoft PowerPoint Review

Reviewed on 05/05/2019

MS PowerPoint has been a must have software for me since like forever. I believe it has manage to keep up with the competition, even though upon its release it was a pretty much unique software. It has upgraded and keep pace inspite of all the crazy changes that the latest technological revolution has brought. MS PowerPoint has never disappointed me, it has always been my tool for choice in creating slideshow presentations for most of my academic, profesional and personal projects. I personally find all of the animation options to be really good and useful.

Pros

MS PowerPoint is well-known among the academic and work industry. It is one of the most popular softwares for creating and sharing slideshow presentations and for being part of the Office 365 suite. Pretty much a basic in the software world, Microsoft PowerPoint it´s an extremely intuitive software, easy to use and a very powerful tool. MS PowerPoint has a lot of advantages, beginning with its long history and already proven quality, not to mention its great reputation, ending up with its flexibility to work with multiple files, export in multiple formats and be compatible with pretty much every device. It has a wide selection of templates that are pretty decent and aesthetic, a nice fonts library, animation and graphic options, in summary all of the fancy tools that you require to give your presentations the ultimate touch. I personally like the fact that it is very easy to access this software from anywhere and the fact that it has a friendly mobile version is also very useful.

Cons

I would say that one of the main downsides of this software is the fact that you can´t directly publish your slides online in platforms like Youtube, FB, or other similar socialmedia. Also, you can no longer purchase it by itself, it is included in the Office 365 suite.

Caleb J.

PowerPoint - One of the best presentation application

Reviewed on 01/03/2019

Yet another amazing app by the MS team. With this software, you can take control of the show. I have been working with this application since 2007 to present and don't think I will move to any other app on the market.

Pros

PowerPoint - One of the best presentation application on the market. It has been a pleasure working with this software on a daily basis while doing New Hire Training at the company I worked. It has the familiar ribbon that all Microsoft Office users have come to love and adore. This piece of software is like a masterpiece with numerous advance feature that you might not completely take advantage of throughout your lifetime. Just to name a few of its' madness:

* It has the amazing File menu with loads of configurable options.
* The Insert ribbon houses tons of cool insert options to add pictures, audio and video to your customized slide and slide shows.
* The cool draw option give you the sketch feel to markup on the presentation to draw attention to the viewers.
* Under design you can select from a selection of templates or better yet, create your own which can also be saved to the list.
* Transition give your slides that in or out effect when moving from one slide to another.
* Animation add yet another dimension to the presentation, which allows the presenter command the content on the slide to do something cool and amazing to keep the focus.
* like other apps in the MS suite, PowerPoint also has macros and VBA, allowing you to make things happen on the fly.

Cons

I have no dislikes at the moment for this software.

María josé M.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

PowerPoint flexibility and customization

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

As a journalist, it is one of my favorite tools because it is useful and easy to handle. Benefits I have had many, among the most outstanding I can say, integration of information, preparation of journalistic products for various
formats and platforms, advertising strategies designs, allows me to play with creativity when it comes to offering in the sales approach, in my case, tour packages. It is a program that adapts to the responsibility that you have at work.

Pros

The tools and resources of PowerPoint make it an easy program to use, I as a user can use predesigned templates and customize them according to what I want to project.
It is very useful for me, since I can present concrete data as statistical elements, images and graphics according to what I am going to report. In my case, journalistic information and tourist packages.
PowerPoint for me is a very important tool for the business sector, especially because I manage the sales and public relations part. Always with the slides I am looking for an attractive way to project data and all that illustrative content that allows me to share relevant information about the products, services or corporate image that is being represented.

Cons

Some details that can be adjusted, very brief elements, the theme of the templates should always be updated, you should have more options, especially business formats. The topic of the size of the formats, currently PowerPoin is a tool for the Community Manager, should adapt it for those demands. For the rest I think that its elements are focused, only that they must constantly update them due to the technological evolution that we have.

• Industry: Higher Education

Excellent Presentation Tool

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

In the past few years, I've had colleagues who have told me to use "Prezi" instead of PowerPoint. Although it's a different presentation tool, I do not think it's quality is better than PowerPoint. I think the user is responsible for creating a presentation, and many users do not know the best practices (not overloading slides, too small text, too many transitions, colors that don't work on projection screens) thus a good or a bad presentation is made by the user, not the software. The advantage prezi seems to have is the ability to save it online and pull it up anywhere. I do not yet have Office 365, which may make this easier. Looking through PowerPoint templates online is a big help, and can assist in creating better presentations.

Pros

I have used PowerPoint for about 10 years and have evolved the types and styles of presentations I create. It's very effective to have a variety (but not too many) template options, but also the flexibility to create your own custom backgrounds, transitions, color schemes, etc. I don't think most people know how much flexibility is with this software. I recently started using the SmartArt options, which are great and easy way to dress up your information in a more visually appealing format. It takes practice to create more complicated animations and get timing correct, but it is worth it for more interesting and visual presentations. I really enjoy the presenter mode, with the timing option and ability to see the next slide. This was a great upgrade. Looking through the tabs, I see there are many other options that I have not used but look forward to exploring.

Cons

I have had some trouble imbedding or linking videos. I had a presentation where the embedded video played, but then ended before the video was finished. I couldn't figure out if this was a maximum time issue. Also, I tried to use the Video > Online Video Option, and found it difficult to find the specific video I wanted to use. Not sure if that has been upgraded since then, as today I tried it again and more easily found it. I struggled to get the videos to playback as part of my presentation. When doing a presentation, sometimes the presentation mode doesn't allow for easy playback of videos either vs. duplicate mode, if you need to click to start the video. Also, sometimes I've had issues in presenter mode if I want to click on a website during the presentation, then getting back to the presentation. Not always sure what the right method is to accomplish that.

I think I can work through most of those issues though as I continue to learn the functions/options of PowerPoint.

César M.

This program has been an essential tool in my professional development, I use it since 1996.

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

This software has allowed me to show professional presentations in a short time and thus meet the requirements of the oil business.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is easy to use, it is adaptable to any business and engineering activity, showing graphics, images and text in presentations at a professional level. I have always had the impression that was designed thinking about the oil industry, most of the daily reports and meetings in the oil business use the PowerPoint format, in these are shown specialized schemes and graphics among others.
The connectivity feature and direct compatibility with other Microsoft tools such as Exel and Word are very useful and save time in the daily activities and requirements of the oil business.
In my place of work daily they request presentations and reports, using PowerPoint we can solve in time.
I use this program since my beginnings in the oil industry, back in 1996, it was the PowerPoint95 version, since that time it has been an essential tool in my professional development.

Cons

What I like least about this software are some graphic limitations in terms of bitmap image resolution and the high use of RAM memory that require the best graphic resolution vector images. Although these features have been improving over time, I would like in the future to be able to compare PowerPoint with a Canvas type tool in terms of the graphic quality of objects and images.
Another feature that can be improved is the incompatibility of files generated in more recent versions of the program with older versions.

Wilson enrique Á.

Preparation of presentations, functional modeling of web pages and digital catalogs

Reviewed on 03/07/2018

Pros

PowerPoint is an application used for the creation and distribution of presentations in meetings, courses and events, quite functional and very complete, capable of making simple presentations to very complex designs. I think PowerPoint is a super powerful tool totally underused. It is excellent in the sense that if you do not master specific design programs such as illustrator or Photoshop, and want to create other types of documents such as an ebook or an infographic, you can create your own template, generate the content and then export your presentation as PDF or as an image to share it. It has a huge amount of automatic tools, such as the alignment of objects, the ability to combine them according to the needs, make transparencies for more professional finishes and something very great that has is the ability to create and use keyboard shortcuts in the autocorrector helping us to save weather. It can also be used to create more visual and infographics, filling forms with images. For example, you could create a bar graph, copy it and paste it back as an image, and use it to fill in a silhouette. it gives the ability to add audios and narrationsyo our slides, giving us the possibility to make small editions and a total control of these to unify them with the presentation.Finally, PowerPoint offers a world of possibilities and very useful tools for companies,characterizing it because anyone is able to use it, but if you put a little more effort you can make great slides.

Cons

Creating attractive PowerPoint slides can be a task takes a lot of work compared to creating a projected presentation, a whiteboard or other visual materials. Most people do not have time to develop content and then learn how to turn it into a motivating and impressive presentation. If the PowerPoint slides seem rushed or flawed, it could seem that no time was spent preparing, decreasing the effectiveness of the presentation.
What appears on the slides is not always what appears in the presentation, the colors and font types displayed on the computer will not necessarily be the same in your presentation.

Susan D.
  • Industry: Design

PowerPoint is my primary design tool

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

I'm making this my home business. After 10 years of social media marketing, I've come back to the basics of business and specializing in design projects that primarily utilize PowerPoint.
However, it is not stand alone. For example, I sometimes use it in conjunction with online services such as Canva, ColorZilla, and purchased graphic assets from Creative Market.

Pros

Most of all, PowerPoint is user-friendly which is my number one criteria for software.

I think of all the Microsoft business software, PowerPoint is the easiest to learn, the most fun (because I love design.) And, it's not just for slide shows anymore! Change the size, turn the grids on and you've got powerful design software for any design project.

I like the way they've integrated it with the cloud for saving files. This makes it even more versatile from the desktop.

The new 'Design' utility in Office 365 is outstanding! I am an ongoing self-taught designer and this new feature has my full attention. I like it!

Cons

This is a big, powerful piece of software that can be cumbersome. It sometimes crashes (which I believe is the reason they have their 'restore' utility on point at all times.)

However, I have to interject that it is not as cumbersome as Adobe products that slow my poor little lap top down and makes me pray for a solid state drive.

So, if I have to choose between the two, I choose Microsoft. On my home system, it works better. When I worked 8 - 5 in business offices with high-speed internet, there was no noticeable difference between the speed of the two products, but at home, there is a big difference.

F Y.

PowerPoint is THE industry standard presentation tool

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

I have been using Microsoft PowerPoint since the Office 97 days. I cannot imagine work life without this great tool. The importance of presentation quality cannot be underestimated because it usually provides the first impression about your company, product, or self. 95% of all presentations you see are made with Microsoft PowerPoint. There are over 1 billion PowerPoint users so that right there tells you how great of a product it is.

PowerPoint's strength is in its intuitive user interface that follows the look and feel of other Microsoft Office products. So, if you have used MS Word before for example, then you can easily navigate through PowerPoint and create a presentation quickly. For each presentation, you can choose a template theme that defines its color and gives your presentation a consistent and professional look. Microsoft provides a ton of templates to download from within PowerPoint itself right at the welcome screen.

As for the presentation elements, your presentation is made of individual slides (pages) and each slide can contain just about any type of material you want like images, text, video, animated GIFs, tables, graphs, etc. Adding any of these elements is as simply as clicking Insert-picture for example. PowerPoint also includes a powerful and equally simple to use animation engine to animate your slide's content (like making text fly in or out) or animate the way slides progress (called Transition effects).

One thing most PowerPoint users don't know is that PowerPoint is very often used to create video presentation slides and backdrops for webcasts. There are several high quality professional PowerPoint plug-ins like Camtasia Studio that allow you to turn your presentation into a video with background music, onscreen graphics, and much more.

PowerPoint has moved from just a presentation tool into a platform in itself where developers are now creating tools that run on PowerPoint's engine. Checkout iSpring Suite for example which turns PowerPoint presentations into online eLearning courses that are SCORM compliant and can be integrated into most Learning Management Systems.

In summary, PowerPoint helps you build strong and professional first impressions about your company and products. It is a very powerful platform with countless features and very powerful 4rd party add-ons. It's worth every single penny you will spend buying it.

Pros

Types of content supported, simple interface, powerful engine, superior quality, stability, support for other Microsoft Office products.

Cons

This is the only software that I cannot think of a single con for!

Amine L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Microsoft PowerPoint Benefits Review Report.

Reviewed on 01/02/2020

With PowerPoint, I was able to achieve and complete more projects about Solar Battery and Inverter Projects, it facilitates my work to insert more information with statistics correctly.

Pros

On PowerPoint, I can make some fun and pizzazz to my slides easier, it has a series of new graphs that facilities the representation, it's possible to establish a Youtube Video in PowerPoint Project and insert a Functioning Excel Worksheet into a Presentation, also I can convert a bulleted list to a layout (SmartArt). It's a creative tool.

Cons

Sometimes when we want to send a file, there is a risk to will be damaged by a virus.
It is a project that has more presentation that distracts people by the number of movements and does not care or pay attention to the information that is being shared.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft PowerPoint

I choose PowerPoint over the other products because it has an excellent Visual Impact that allows using images, audio, and video to have a great representation. It's possible to work in a collaborative manner to have good content sharing and flexibility.
Chaima B.

PowerPoint is the most useful and excellent presentation software program.

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

In the work area, i can personally admit that PowerPoint present a good way to organize ideas and have a better direction when it comes to presenting work projects and sharing them with clients.

My experience with PowerPoint has been excellent in all my presentations, so i definitely recommend using the standards templates and the already created themes to make a visually appealing work.

Pros

PowerPoint is a quick and easy tool especially for beginners; you can easily use the basic features and make an organized project.

It provides us with several animation effects and various pre-formatted slides so you can create an animated and colorful design by using simple templates and themes.

PowerPoint has an excellent resource for inserting texts, graphics, tables, videos and pictures so you can present you work in a simplified or fancy manner.

With a few clicks, you can organize, modify, re-order and add information quickly.

Finally, you can show your PowerPoint slides in an organized way while you still maintaining an eye contact with the audience, through a key stroke.

Cons

The cost is a bit high comparing to Google slides, and there could be more free downloadable themes.

Sometimes, sharing a PowerPoint file with a big size due to videos and pictures can damage it.

The diversity of PowerPoint features can confuse the user and waste time on looks rather than content.

Ravinder B.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Microsoft power - Think about a presentation powerpoint is the best tool !!!

Reviewed on 03/07/2019

Powerpoint presentation are easy to understand, so it saves a lot of time. We used powerpoint based presentation for meetings, trainings and exhibitions as everyone can relate easily to the content presented. Further, it saves a lot of time when you update an old presentation to include some new data.

Pros

Microsoft powerpoint allows you to create simple presentation or slides to much complex presentations (i.e. which include animation/videos) easily. User interface is quite simple and easy to learn. Master slide option allows you to change the template across all the slides. It includes some default templates which you can leverage easily for your presentations. Given that Microsoft powerpoint comes as a by-product in Microsoft office 365 family, so you can store it in the cloud which means your are never away from your presentation. By accessing your office 365 account, you can review, edit and share your presentation any time. Microsoft office 365 has desktop as well as mobile support for Mac or Android, so you can access your presentations on the mobile also. The best thing is that Microsoft has always been improving powerpoint features since its beginning which makes it one of the best software available in the market.

Cons

There is no option to buy standalone powerpoint product, it always comes as a part of bundle in Microsoft office 365. Sometime it becomes difficult to put more content into a slide, so i would say slide space is limited. Security against virus or damage could be an improvement area.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Tool for High Quality Presentation

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

I love to use PowerPoint daily it is very intuitive and provides a solution for any type of role you perform. features are great however they are not always easy to find or the name does not match their purpose.

Pros

PowerPoint certainly one of the most powerful tools available for the user that is constantly training or delivering reports to larger audiences. Now with the recent updates, it is more and more easy to use in your day to day activities. all features are available for any type of user with a little training you can create best in class ppt for any activity you perform daily.

Cons

I would like to see more and more integration with cloud and collaboration like its direct competitor that offers the same solution with fewer features. Price could be an issue because its competitors are offering free software.

Google Docs

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft PowerPoint

Since it was in the market for a very long time people are more accustomed to it compared with its competitors. New features provide a better end-user experience.
Mariela B.

The best program to present and teach ideas and projects in an organized and interactive way.

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Pros

Power point is one of the most versatile programs of Microsoft Office, since it allows to present in an organized and interactive way texts, tables, images, animations, sounds and videos in order to design, present and transmit an idea and / or project in of slides allowing the user to develop and express their knowledge, creativity and imagination. In addition, it presents a wide range of templates and designs that are installed in the application or can be obtained online, with all kinds of fonts and colors. In the same way, it presents a series of tools (controls, calls to hyperlinks, storyboard, integration with the data repository in the Microsoft Cloud, establish time in the slides, among others) that have been updated and improved with each version that allows a better interface with the user when making a presentation. Therefore, it is one of the programs most used by young people and adults to present their ideas and projects in the different areas.

Cons

Power point is only used for Windows and Mac OS operating systems. Regarding the design of the slides, if the user does not know how to express ideas in an organized and creative way, it can be an exhibition that bores the audience. Likewise, in many occasions they can be presentations that include distractors in the meeting since ideas are presented in a hierarchical way and the use of animated elements is abused.