dotloop

Write a Review!
Real estate transaction management software

4.5/5

Renee
Renee

Great for teams & assistants

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Dotloop helps us stay accountable, dependable, and flexible with streamlined systems.

Pros

We are a team of three agents and one assistant. We work remotely most of the time and our assistant works from home. Dotloop helps us to all stay in the 'loop' with new listings and sales. We are able to work from anywhere with an internet connection. The phone app allows us to work without a computer! We have the ability to set up custom templates with all of the documents we want each agent to use during all listings and sales. It also integrates with our CRM for easy importing of contacts.

Cons

The app could use some additional features but the lacking features are definitely not enough of a hindrance to keep us from using it on a daily basis.

Response from dotloop

Hi Renee -- thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! It's great to hear how the mobile app is helping your team manage your transactions.

And we're thrilled to hear that you're connecting dotloop to your CRM to streamline the transaction management flow. Helping you integrate with other real estate software is a priority here, and your review reaffirms the work we put into our API efforts and partnerships.

Thanks again Renee!

Andrew

Generally Effective and Simple to Learn, But Pricey and Not Without Idiosyncrasies

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

At the end of the day, in real estate we just need something to keep us organized and keep up with the fast pace of modern transactions. Generally speaking, Dotloop allows this to happen via a simple user interface that most clients can figure out. There are probably more features to the software that I don't use (and perhaps, am not even aware of) but for my needs it's just fine. As I described previously, there are some things about it that make me want to tear my hair out, but having identified these annoyances, I'm usually able to avoid them and advise my clients on how to do the same. Would I switch to a different program if something better came along? Probably, in large part because Dotloop is more expensive than many of its competitors, and in the more than half-decade I've been using it, I've never seen the software updated to address some of the same problem areas that have been plaguing it all along. But as I said, it's 95% functional for my needs and I already know how to use it, which counts for a lot.

Pros

There are a lot of e-signature software programs out there right now. Many of these -- including Dotloop -- are pitched as specific to real estate transaction management, although there's no conceivable reason they couldn't be used in other contract-dependent industries as well. Having tried several of these programs, I've now been a consistent Dotloop user for at least five or six years, possibly longer. Part of that is simply because I've come to know the software and it's what I am comfortable using, which ultimately saves me time. But it really is straightforward, with an attractive user interface and great organizational capacity. I love being able to create folders within folders, to re-use Loops when clients return for multiple transactions, and to archive documents that are not being used. Basic functions like document splitting, renaming, saving, sharing and downloading are very easy and work as intended.

Cons

As much as I like the software, it has a variety of quirks that cause me varying levels of irritation. I've learned a few tricks to keep the quirkiness to a minimum, but the program can still be truly obnoxious at times. One of my biggest pet peeves is when another agent wants to share documents with me from his/her Dotloop account; for instance, a buyer's agent sends me an offer for a property I have listed. If this buyer's agent shares it from her Loop (rather than just attaching a PDF to an email) Dotloop frequently creates a brand new Loop on my dashboard -- or worse, asks me to "sign up" for Dotloop because the agent has shared it to some variation of my email address that isn't technically my Dotloop address. So in a best case scenario my Loops become disorganized, and in a worst case scenario I can't even look at the offer unless I make a new account or ask the other agent to re-send. Many agents I know have this very same complaint, to the point where we have started adding comments in our MLS listings that say "Do NOT submit offers via Dotloop; email a PDF instead." Dotloop has some other quirks, including not saving signatures if two parties (say, husband and wife) are signing at the same time from their respective computers or mobile devices. I have to tell my clients "Make sure one of you signs completely and THEN the other one of you can do the same."

Kathryn

Very clunky software

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

This is a computerized solution to a paperwork issue....unfortunately the designers do not understand the Real Estate business which varies throughout the country. California is probably the most document-heavy transaction process in the US. You'd think they'd design a system that would work in CA because then it will work for all of the other states.

Pros

I don't have to copy pages of documents for a physical file.

Cons

Can only enter one item per category. But in Real Estate we may have 5 or 6 amendments, 3 contingency removals, etc. In this system, you enter Contingency #1. Then when you have Contingency #2, you must join 1 and 2 together in your computer and then load this new scan which eliminates the earlier submission. How stupid? Why not allow more than one item to be submitted in any category?

Response from dotloop

Hi Kathryn, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience using dotloop.

You can upload as many of any document as needed.

When uploading documents, you are not required to add them to an existing placeholder setup by your broker.

You can upload the documents directly into the Loop and keep them separate from the other copies.

For example, you may upload Contingency #1 and add it to the placeholder. When you need to add Contingency #2, add it to the Loop and do not replace Contingency #1.

This way, you can have both contingencies visible in the Loop.

Kathryn -- hopefully the above info is helpful. Please call into support if you encounter more issues.

Lisa

Make your transaction easier

Reviewed on 15/04/2024

Pros

DotLoop allows your transaction to flow with ease and simplicity. Buyers and Sellers have no questions, concerns or issues while using the software nor do the staff of different disciplines that are brought into the transaction.

Cons

No complaints or problems that I have encountered yet.

Maryann

The top choice for electronic record management, transaction management and storage.

Reviewed on 05/08/2021

I love dot loop for the ease of use for both the customer and the business owner. It is easy to navigate and is available whenever I need to access it. I especially like that I can access it using my phone.

Pros

The software is easy to use with end users able to use the system within a very short period. The learning/educational resource is extensive and the support is available whenever I need them. The Dot Loop support team are very knowledgeable, and guide me through all my questions and needs. This system can be accessed from anywhere including through a phone app 24/7. Additionally records are secure and meet compliance regulations for record management. Ability to customize forms, make templates of frequently used documents, pull reports and more make this a smart choice for businesses.

Cons

Cost is a little high as compared to other electronic systems. Also adding additional users is possible but I wish the pricing were a bit lower if we are already and established user.

kat
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Fantastic program

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

I love it. I can't understand why someone would use anything else. It works perfectly with our needs and it makes the whole " work smarter not harder" saying, true.

Pros

It is made to make Real Estate Agents life easier. Easy to use and manage. Visually friendly. I got my brokerage to change because it is seamless and intuitive for our job.

Cons

If you have an account you can not merge with other accounts. Once you leave a team, if you paid for your membership you should be able to take it with you.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

It is much easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

You have a storage system that makes sense. Easier to use.
Kerra

A Business Lifesaver, Daily!

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

We can't say enough good things about our experience with dotloop. To put this in perspective, the brokerage we are with provides a free document management program, but we pay additional to continue using dotloop - we love it that much! It is easy to use, keeps our data safe, and streamlines our daily process.

Pros

Dotloop is extremely simple to get started with, and simplifies our real estate business daily. Our entire team is able to collaborate, no matter where we're calling our "office" that day, and we can securely store, manage, share, and sign documents. Our clients have also commented on how easy the software is to use, and they love being able to sign their documents digitally rather than meeting us at the office every time there are documents to be signed.

Cons

The only hiccup we've run into with this software is when our office introduces new documents they want us to begin using. Sometimes it's an extra step to add the new docs to our form library and prepare them for filling/signing, but the good news is this only has to be done once, and then they remain available for future use.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

Dotloop had better features and was easier for our team members to use when we compared the two.
Julia

DotLoop is My Go To!

Reviewed on 05/02/2022

Overall, it is my preferred platform!

Overall, it is my preferred platform!

Pros

DotLoop has it all! You can do everything you need to in one system and it is so convenient! Signature platform, transaction management - it is great!

Cons

Sometimes the signature fields and templates can be a little clunky, but with practice you get the hang of it and it is not a large inconvenience.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

My office wanted a compliance/review feature for more transaction management rather than just a signature platform.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

It is the most user friendly platform that works!
Ali

Am absolute necessity in my everyday routine

Reviewed on 22/05/2022

This software is amazing. It allows you to get verified signatures from anyone digitally. It has great organizational options to keep all documents from one client all together. It makes document management and transaction management easy. It even allows you to create templates so your documents will be prepped and saved for every client and will auto fill the information as needed.

Pros

This makes e signing documents so easy! It prompts the client where to sign, you can include explanations, and it allows you to track if they have viewed documents or worked on them.

Cons

I will say sometimes, for tech adverse clients they struggle to fill out fields or how to complete/save a form. They will fill everything out and not click “done signing” and the document will not auto save.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

The utility and value was higher at Dotloop.

Yehuda

A happy Dotloop Customer

Reviewed on 04/06/2020

Pros

It works fantastically well for realtors.

Cons

I would love to see the interface a little more updated.

Jenifer

Love it but don't like that Zillow owns it :(

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

It's been great other than the Zillow buyout.

It's been great other than the Zillow buyout.

Pros

I love almost everything about it - there are quite a few features that would be nice to add, but overall it's my favorite

Cons

The thing I like least is that Zillow owns it now. Everyone in my company is leaving DotLoop because of the conflict of interest and the way Zillow has stabbed us in the back as agents. Concerned that our customer's data is no longer private and they are discouraging our clients from using us as professionals. For that reason, I don't know how long I will stay with it. :(

Nancy
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Dot Loop delivers like I never could have imagined.

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

I can't think through enough accolades to describe how much I love this. Easy to learn. Easy to use. Makes my life feel like it is in perfect order. I love the help desk! I love the things you can customize! I love that you don't let me delete things. I love how I can rearrange my loops. I love how I can download, upload and edit documents. In my life everyone uses the term "intuitive, " and in my life tools are never aligned with my intuition, except for this one! Then the mobile version--oh my gosh I love it.

Pros

I've used other signing and storing and sharing tools. There is no comparison. Learning new tools is normally challenging for me, but not this one-- in 1-2 transactions I was flying. With each loop I built I found new features on my own and everything I would wish it could do, I would find out, guess what? It does it. Real Estate is intense these days- this tool has been the best thing that has happened for my business in 2021.

Cons

There are no cons. If I wanted to be super fussy, the "upload photo" works well, but the homes are usually not identifiable due to the extreme landscape view, a tad less wide and a tad taller would help.

Anne

OUTSTANDING TEAM FINCTIONS!

Reviewed on 02/03/2020

Makes daily tasks easy and stores all in one place for all people within our organization including our Stagers and Professional Photographer. We have Templates and task lists for all to be keep up to date on what needs to occur next!

Pros

We have customized this product to work for us in every area of our daily tasks as a Team. Dotloop helped load customized Templates that optimize the availability of all forms that may be required in any instance while at a desk or on the run. Our Team os growing and the ease of use for all from Admin to Accounting to the Salespeople and Owner is bar none the finest system available. We have tried other programs and all pale in comparison to this one. This is much more than an e-signature system. It is auto e-storage and has accountability for all signatures and contracts that pass through its system.

Cons

There really is nothing that we do not care for!

Dotloop is a Must Have for Realtors Everywhere

Reviewed on 25/03/2022

Dotloop is an excellent program for real estate transaction management. It enables a Realtor to create a Loop (like a folder) and manage the real estate deal or prospect from beginning to end. It is intuitive, user-friendly and simple to learn. Dotloop has everything a Realtor needs to create documents, get them signed, and ready for compliance review, all in one easy program.

Pros

Dotloop is easy to use and has features that Realtors cannot live without. From drafting forms with ease to collecting electronic signatures to compliance, Dotloop has it all. Dotloop integrates easily with many other Realtor software programs and tools. And, Dotloop is a much better value when compared with competitors.

Cons

Areas for improvement - the ability to search for a loop by Contact name, the ability to do reporting, the ability for two or more signers to use the same email address for e-signatures. Often times couples or family members share an email account. Asking a buyer or seller to create another email account for the purposes of signing often results in a long explanation and frustration on the part of the customer.

Martine

Use it everday

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

I have found dotloop pretty easy to use. I appreciate having templates at my fingertips and that I can create folders within each file to keep documents sets separated and me, better organized.

Pros

Dotloop has made this realtors life a little easier in being able to access all the templates I need for my mls system. Every form I could need is readily available and for the most part, my clients have found it easy to navigate.

Cons

Titles on templates - I would like it if the title popped out as I scrolled over them. Sometimes the only way I can find a specific addendum that I don't regularly use is by adding it to my file so I can see the full name of the document (and then archiving the unused documents afterwards). Also, on some documents the signing portion is automatically filled in and I don't want it to be (the Radon response is automatically set up so the client can sign every line, this has caused problems if I miss removing one - I don't know if this is something that's been set up by my mls or dotloop has done automatically though).

Response from dotloop

Hi Martine, thanks for taking the time to share your detailed feedback on dotloop, especially the area where you'd like to see improvement around titles on templates and the signing portion. I'll relay your feedback to our product team.

Thanks again!

Shelia

DOTLOOP REVIEW

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

Great to use and easy to use. I Love I can set up my own groups for forms such as listing folder and buyer folder and all the docs are right there that I need for a transaction. I love that I can attach PDF files to send to folks who are not in the system.

Pros

I like the ease of use and how the forms autopopulate. I like that when a client signs it automatically comes back to me in the system and I am notified.

Cons

It is great system and I would not change anything as it has worked out very well for myself and my clients.

Response from dotloop

Hi Shelia, thank you so much for taking the time to share why you like using dotloop to get your real estate deals done!

Sibrena "Bre"
Sibrena "Bre"

Dotloop Review

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

I was first introduced to Dotloop about 6 years ago. It has helped streamline the listing and sales process for our agents tremendously . Having the ability to allow people to view and sign document via the internet is such a time and deal saver. Can't imagine doing business without it!

Pros

Ease of use and ability to use anywhere.

Cons

It tends to be a bit slow at times opening loops and folders.

Docusign

Response from dotloop

Hi Sibrena - thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on dotloop.

We're excited to hear that dotloop has helped streamline the listing and sales process for your agents.

Best,

Roy

I Like Efficiency.

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

The main benefit is the efficiency and professionalism I wrote about above. I can get more transactions done with less effort, which gives me more time to develop more business.

Pros

My clients like the results we get with Dotloop, and when my clients are happy, I'm happy. Specifically, I want to make the most of each minute of my workday. Dotloop makes it possible for me to prepare real estate documents such as Listing Agreements and Purchase & Sale contracts and get them to my clients for their electronic signature in a matter of minutes. My clients never have a problem with the signing, and I have documents back just as quickly as I sent them out.

I like the feature that allows me to add documents from my files and then add text and signatures to those documents. I think typed text looks much more professional than handwritten text, and if you saw my handwriting, you'd agree.

Cons

If I could come up with a legitimate suggestion to improve Dotloop, I wouldn't hesitate to share it, but I can't think of anything I don't like about the software.

Eric
Eric

Good for management

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

It’s probably my second favorite in terms of the digital signing experience but my favorite for management features

Pros

It works very well for document management and transaction management.
Universal support with large brokerages

Cons

Zillow related
The signing experience is good but not as good as DocuSign
Some features are hidden and not easy to discover

Response from dotloop

Hi Eric, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on dotloop.

Best,

Customer Marketing Manager

Dotloop saves so much time and money

Reviewed on 02/09/2018

Dotloop has saved us so much time and money, and I could not imagine ever having to go back to getting signatures the old fashioned way. In addition, both myself and my boss can access documents from anywhere we have an internet connection, so it has kind of acted as a cloud server for us as well. Overall, I really love this software, it has made my job so much easier.

Pros

I work as a transaction coordinator for a real estate agent, and Dotloop has revolutionized the way we do business. The best feature of this software is the ability to digitally sign paperwork, which saves us so much time and money. Many times, we go back and forth negotiating a contract, and we need initials and signatures each time we make a change. Rather than having to physically meet up with clients, we are able to acquire signatures quickly and easily via email.

Cons

Sharing a loop can be confusing. I rarely share my loops with other agents for fear of them having access to and changing things they shouldn't and vice versa.

Dina

Loop Lover?

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

Frustrating to learn the loop process from the beginning. Others creating loops that did not link to mine (because they named it slightly different)

Pros

Pretty easy to be able to email to the loop. Once learned and sharing loops with other users in the dotloop family. Keeping everything in one place!

Cons

Original documents once signed are the originals. It doesnt keep the copy for you, so when you have a slight change, it erases signatures and then you amke the change and email back out. Would be nice to keep that and still be able to work on your drafts

Phyllis

Dotloop makes it easy to have clients all over the country!

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

I am able to conduct real estate transactions with ease electronically which cuts my time down from printing out, getting signatures, faxing or delivering documents, etc. The time saved is worth everything! Dotloop gives me more options of use than zipform and is much easier to use. I am also able to take another agent's document and easily edit it in dotloop as a PDF.

Pros

Dotloop is very user-friendly and has almost every feature needed to handle real estate transactions from start to finish.

Cons

The least favorite thing is that when executing a Residential real estate contract, the last agent needs to insert the execution date, or the last date the contract is signed. Dotloop doesn't let the realtor make changes without wiping out signatures. This One item Only needs to have edit capabilities for the realtor OR it should automatically enter the execution date as the date the last party signature is input. This slows down the process GREATLY and takes out the electronic factor because the realtor has to save the final copy as a PDF, write in the execution date, and upload as another PDF - before sending to title, lending, clients, etc. - Filling in this date before final signature does not work because signature timing rarely coincides.

Karli

Very Useful

Reviewed on 15/04/2020

In the age of technology, it seems so prehistoric to have to print out documents, sign them, and scan them. I am thankful for DOTLOOP for allowing my clients to be able to log in and sign documents in real time. This bit of software has allowed me to get offers to other agents quickly and to perform all of my necessary tasks without having to worry about my printer not having ink, or that someone may not have received a document. I love the feature that shows you all outgoing messages, and that reminds me of what tasks I have yet to complete.

Pros

My FAVORITE feature of this software is that it is paperless. You cannot get better then not having to fumble around with a sometimey printer. I can complete, or upload any document that I may need to work with from anywhere in the world. And my clients and I have access to these documents for life. They also appreciate that they can easily sign as well from their phones/ipads/tablets, etc. It really does make the Real Estate experience 100 times more pleasurable.

Cons

The one con to me about this software is that it does not intuitively see the blanks on the documents that you upload. Which means you have to add each respective text block, date block, signature, intials, each time which can be time consuming.

Chiketa

Best signing app I’ve tried.

Reviewed on 31/03/2022

Pros

It’s easy to make changes and my documents as an agent are already on template.

Cons

I didn’t like when I left my agency I couldn’t get access to my documents on my new account. But I just had to ask the previous company for access and they granted me limited access so I can download docs.

Shane
Shane

All Day, Every Day

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Pros

Dotloop is a piece of software that has been pivotal to the existence of my business for over 4 years now. It is an incredibly easy to use platform with great integrations and flexibility. I have been forced to use other services (like AppFiles) by clients who didn't have Dotloop and the difference is night and day. If you are in need of a document sharing system for Real Estate, hands down the best option available is Dotloop.

Cons

While I love most everything about this platform, I do wish there were most customization options for "white label" styling, allowing the end recipient to have a more clean "in house" feel. If they could include some ability to customize the front end and the notification emails, that would be awesome.