dotloop Reviews

dotloop

Real estate transaction management software

4/5 (52 reviews)

Dotloop saves so much time and money

Reviewed on 02/09/2018

Dotloop has saved us so much time and money, and I could not imagine ever having to go back to getting signatures the old fashioned way. In addition, both myself and my boss can access documents from anywhere we have an internet connection, so it has kind of acted as a cloud server for us as well. Overall, I really love this software, it has made my job so much easier.

Pros

I work as a transaction coordinator for a real estate agent, and Dotloop has revolutionized the way we do business. The best feature of this software is the ability to digitally sign paperwork, which saves us so much time and money. Many times, we go back and forth negotiating a contract, and we need initials and signatures each time we make a change. Rather than having to physically meet up with clients, we are able to acquire signatures quickly and easily via email.

Cons

Sharing a loop can be confusing. I rarely share my loops with other agents for fear of them having access to and changing things they shouldn't and vice versa.

Arielle D.

Great Program for Paperless Companies!

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

I have never had any huge issues with Dotloop. If I ever experience anything difficult, the Dotloop customer service helps immediately to get the problem solved. Would highly recommend Dotloop for any paperless company!

Pros

The ease of use. Dotloop provides access to anyone with a simple addition of an email and a name. Very straight forward for clients to use, even let's them sign with a click of a button. Dotloop also keeps files neatly organized. You're even able to add PDF's direct from your email into the loop and folder you like!

Cons

There actually isn't much that our office does not like about Dotloop. The only thing that can be an issue is if you have one client as multiple parties. For example, while using the "auto-fill" function of dotloop, if you have an agent that also doubles as the purchaser, there is no way to use the same email account for separate signature spaces for the different roles. Before sending out to clients, you must go through the document and verify that all signatures spaces are assigned correctly.

Shane S.

All Day, Every Day

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Pros

Dotloop is a piece of software that has been pivotal to the existence of my business for over 4 years now. It is an incredibly easy to use platform with great integrations and flexibility. I have been forced to use other services (like AppFiles) by clients who didn't have Dotloop and the difference is night and day. If you are in need of a document sharing system for Real Estate, hands down the best option available is Dotloop.

Cons

While I love most everything about this platform, I do wish there were most customization options for "white label" styling, allowing the end recipient to have a more clean "in house" feel. If they could include some ability to customize the front end and the notification emails, that would be awesome.

State of the Art Real Estate Transaction Manager

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Pros

Dotloop is fairly user friendly and easy to navigate. Since their recent update, it took some relearning where things were on the main menu page, but it provides a nice overview of each sale. Being about to create your own templates and edit already existing templates is a really nice feature. I like that our clients have their own portal on their end and can access shared documents whenever they need to.

Cons

I've been using this program for over four years now and I haven't run into too many things that are worth complaining about. As far as a real estate transaction management program, it has a really nice interface and is easy to use, even for senior realtors who are used to doing things with less technology involved.

Brianna M.

Dotloop Makes My Job Much Easier!

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

Dotloop is sure to expedite your real estate efforts!! It is very user-friendly and helps with our team’s productivity.

Pros

I love the way I can autofill documents, create templates that I can use for each transaction, communicate with multiple clients and allies within the same transaction, custom title each loop, etc. Dotloop is very savvy and picks up most data from the Agreement of Sale (close date, price, etc) and automatically fills that information in! I also appreciate that signatures and initials are automatically dated with a time stamp.

Cons

The only “issue” I’ve had is that at times, when entering a client into a transaction, Dotloop pulls from a larger database (not just my clients) and has autofilled the incorrect information by pulling info from a different client. This has only happened a time or two, but I am always cautious as a result.

Tami J.

Dotloop has Changed the face of Real Estate Transactions forever!

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Dotloop is my number 1 go-to Real Estate product for working with agents and others on transactions. I am able to communicate, send documents, make requests and have a record of it all. There is no better product on the market for our industry.

Pros

Dotloop keeps everything in a transaction organized. It allows agents, admins and coordinators view everything and stay compliant, view history and communicate with record.

Cons

While I recognize why it isn't a feature, I do wish there was a way to delete unnecessary documents. There should be a way for the system to recognize blank documents or send notification to the other parties if you are deleting a document that was previously shared with them,as a safeguard.

Ashley C.

Dot Loop Review

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Bottom Line, its easy and SO organized. Can be as detailed or as vague as you want it to be!

Pros

That it is literately all there. They are able to be titled as I want, they are able to have the folders all with in, and its the EASIEST system. You can't go wrong.

Cons

The only thing I find hard, is with a team some of the messages that are sent out the other team mates can't see and since I created a check list I am the only one who can add it to a loop even if I don't create the loop the other team mates can't add that check list. I have to wait for my invitation in order to go in and add that list when we all use it.

Mildred m. T.

Using DotLoop for Secure Transactions

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Very satisfied with DotLoop. It provides the functions for templates and the secure way to have documents signed, makes it a winner.

Pros

We use DotLoop as part of the Keller Williams Realty Gold Coast transaction management systems for listing and selling real estate. It offers the extensive use of business developed templates and secure signatures. Also has ability to send documents multiple ways, which is handy for different skill sets of clients.

Cons

Making sure that the right permissions are assigned to the correct set of users. You just have to be careful on the setup.

Anthony V.

Links Residential Review

Reviewed on 08/03/2019

Overall the software is very user friendly once you build out the templates the way that you want. Our agents really like how easy it is to share documents for e-signatures.

Pros

Very easy to use and the customer success managers do a great job with the onboarding training.

Cons

You are unable to suspend a user, you can only remove them. As the admin I should have the ability to set the company default information for all users so that they do not have to manually do it themselves. Also merging loops is difficult because I always get an error message.

Sherri N.

Dotloop Love

Reviewed on 03/11/2018

It has saved me so much time. Uploading is quick, moving files between folders is quick and efficient, signing process, instantaneous notifications when something has been signed or shared, everything this software does makes my job easier!

Pros

All my files in one place, helps me meet compliance requirements with the state

Cons

At first, hard to tell how it all works. I had a class but really until you start using it, you don't know it. Doesn't take long though to understand how the capability of this software is going to save you tons of time and effort! I would like to be able to share a document from one loop to another without having to download it. If that can be done I haven't figured it out.

Renee H.

Great for Real Estate

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

This has been great for everyone on our Team to see all transactions, especially those who work remotely. They are able to be knowledgeable about every Client and every transaction.

Pros

*can see loops for all Agents on the Team
*can easily upload documents to the loop
*easy to organize files in loops
*easy to share documents with others involved in the transaction

Cons

*unable to edit existing contacts - no contact list
* would be great to create a template loop for buyers and one for sellers

Patti H.

Dotloop Review

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I really liked Dotloop but now I'm using Docusign and Authentisign and feel those are better electronic signing software.

Pros

I liked the layout and the organization of forms.

Cons

The signing of docs for the end user had a minor glitch. A few times It would not let them sign and give a message that the document was open. Customer Service said that was a glitch in the system that they were addressing so probably fixed now.

Margaret M.

Ease of using Dotloop

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

I love using Dotloop vs. Zipforms. I find it much easier to navigate, clients seem to have a better experience and it make s my job much easier.

Pros

I find Dotloop to be very user friendly, not only in my job in real estate, but for clients as well. It's fast and easy to use.

Cons

There should be a way to suspend a transaction once it has gone out, if a change needs to be made.

Bruce M.

dotloop away

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Clear typed up contracts, addendum's, and other forms are easy to read.

Pros

Quick and easy. Keeps all parties on the same page.

Cons

I do wish I could assign two names to the same email.

Great idea but buggy

Reviewed on 09/09/2018

Pros

This software has a great design. We use it in in our Real Estate business everyday. It’s a wonderful tool to keep your records and ease of digital signing with clients.

Cons

This software does have bugs and slow integration between other online signing software. There is a learning curve and slow comprehension from users.

Kim S.

Dotloop

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

My overall experience with Dotloop has been great. Appreciate how organized it keeps me, and how easy it is to import my documents.

Pros

I love that Dotloop is very easy to share not only with my team, but others involved in my transactions. I also love that it keeps my transactions extremely organized.

Cons

I do not like that I don't have the ability to delete a transaction. If a deal falls through early in the transaction I would like to be able to delete instead of archive it.

Reviewed on 03/12/2018

Pros

Dotloop is pretty easy to figure out. Complete and share documents securely. Pricing is reasonable for the product you receive. Customer Service is easy to get ahold of for any issues you may have.

Cons

Sometimes you do not get notification or sharing within the team is not easy.

Alysha klein V.

So many Functions!

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

Wonderful! Make business easier and move productive.

Pros

I used Dotloop at a former Real Estate company and it make contract writing simple and easy! I was able to pull all my company documents and easily enter the correct information in the documents. Everything as there and was user friendly too.

Cons

There is a lot to know with DotLoop! Take courses, ask questions and learn because the program does so much you could be missing out on some great features if you don't take the time to learn.

Dotloop is amazing!

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate and learn how to use this software. It really only took me about an hour to pretty much figure out everything I needed to know. I also like how I can submit my documents to others without it being a hassle!

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything too troublesome about this. The only thing I would like to change is uploading documents that are not PDF format. It would just make life a little easier if they accepted other formats.

Courtney F.

Good Value

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 22/08/2019

I like that it is easy to use on the go, and feel as long as you have some time to go back and forth with your clients to make sure everyone signed everything correctly without editing and throwing the doc off you are great.

Pros

The app is really great, and I like it more than zipforms and docusign on the go.

Cons

Some confusion with my clients occurs because It is not clear who is finished signing what sometimes or who can edit things which erases signatures for othets... etc.

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

My overall experience with dotloop has been great and I will continue to use dotloop as needed.

Pros

I love that I am able to manage my 100 real estate agents through Dotloop and easily have signatures timestamped and messages through dotloop. Dotloop also is updating all the time to make it a better experience

Cons

The least thing I like about dotloop is not being able to "make a copy" to other admin profiles. This makes things more frustrating!!

E Signatures and tracking

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Pros

I love that I am easily able to have clients sign electronically and have documentation! I love that nothing ever really deletes and it is a safe way for clients and tracking files! Easy to use and share between people.

Cons

The least thing I like about dotloop is the mobile app functions are different than the laptop/website version. I feel that I have more control over the website on a laptop instead of the mobile app.

Romayeo E.

Transaction management

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

I solved my business problems by switching to Brokermint.

Pros

I liked the concept of this transaction management software, but was not happy with it's functionality.

Cons

It was very difficult to learn and to teach to agents, which in turn made client interaction more difficult.

3.0/10
Lisa A.

No better tool than Dotloop

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Pros

Incredible! Having all the documents in one file and was all able to be sent to my broker seamlessly. Clients can sign documents electronically so no need to find s time to meet up! Truest a great system!

Cons

On very rare occasion it would mess up and it wouldn’t save the clients signature but it was so easy to resend and correct.

Zach G.

Dotloop

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Pros

So easy to use and sign contracts within the site or app. Love dotloop

Cons

No cons. I've used other e-sign platforms and I like dotloop the best.