Freshservice Reviews

4.6/5

Bryan
Bryan
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great tool for tracking issues, managing assets, staying compliant

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

It allowed us to determine the number of IT staff needed to support a growing company. It also allowed us to track changes for SOC II compliance.

Pros

FreshService is a simple to use system that has allowed us to manage IT issues, assets, and changes within a quickly growing company. Prior to the implementation of FreshService we were unable to appropriately identify our staffing needs or areas of concern due to the lack of ability to track issues across the entire organization. With FreshService implemented we're now able to put metrics to the volume of support our team provides to the company. We're tracking assets across multiple states. And we're tracking changes within our environment for SOC II compliance.

Cons

I wish there were some built-in features which made viewing issues by Location easier. Currently, it appears that Locations can be linked to Requesters which implies issues by Location. However, it would be ideal to be able to quickly see and change the Location the issue is occurring. This would lead to reporting mechanisms that would allow us to see which Locations have the highest number of issues.

Mark
  • Industry: Higher Education

Good value and easy to implement and use

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

We have been happy with Freshservice and consider it a good value in comparison to some of the other Desks out there that provide similar service. We particular enjoy features like round robin ticket assignment, asset discovery and tracking, and providing a Knowledge Base for both Users (Requesters) and Agents.

Pros

We rely on the ticket system primarily to manage steps to resolution and archive past interactions and solutions. FreshService provides this functionality with little back-end effort on our part. Though somewhat limited, we do appreciate the ability to customize our portal.

Cons

Adding MSP's can be a confusing process. As it stands, you have to open a trial account then merge it into your main Desk. Last time we did this, FreshService failed to convert the account properly and we ended up being billed for the "trial" account. It took us several weeks to get the billing resolved. I recommend working with a live agent right off the bat to make this happen as smoothly as possible.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Freshservice offered more features for less than comparable services. The Agent and Administrator online interface is also aesthetically appealing and easy to tailor to our needs.
Hossam
Hossam

Hossam's Fresh Service Review

Reviewed on 30/08/2021

The overall experience is not that pleasant, it can perform the daily tasks, but not powerful & complicated to use, and doesn't have the customization features of creating our own dashboard in an easily manner.

Pros

We have been using fresh service for more than a year, it is ok as a ticketing system & perform the daily task

Cons

It is a complicated system compared to the other one we have been using, we had a problem generating the Team's ticketing report to do the yearly appraisal, so it has failed us in one of the most important yearly assessments, so it is either the Admin knowledge or the system has issues, but in both cases it is a bad experience, unlike other systems we were using

Rob
  • Industry: Publishing

A user-friendly all-in-one solution for the servicedesk

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

I am really happy I rolled out FreshService 2 months before Covid-19 forced all to work remote. We were able to support users from home ( IT was at home as well ) without issues.
FreshService contains a Solutions (knowledge-) base, users can request hard- and software like shopping online, very intuitive and user friendly

Pros

The ease to set it up : you can do it yourself without technical support. It comes with an app so it works on mobile devices as well, convenient if the laptop stops working.

Cons

You cannot change the webportal to your liking unless you have webdesign skills.

ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Costs

TOPdesk

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Costs (yes, I'm Dutch..) the tool has it all and the ease of working with it.
Tom

Freshservice Review

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

I've really enjoyed having Frehservice in our organization. It has made my job as a manager much easier in that I can easily review team performance, post announcements for the organization, and identify trends in issues or requests.

Pros

Freshservice has been a game-changer for our organization. The service catalog and user-friendly interface has allowed our employees to improve their productivity over the past 2+ years we have had the system implemented. The customizable forms and workflow has allowed our IT department to streamline processes and improve efficiency.

Cons

I wish the reporting capabilities were more customizable. There have been a few situations where I reached out to Frehservice for support on reports I needed but found the reports were not possible. The freshservice support team told me my reporting needs would be added to the list of potential "future enhancements'.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Our previous product did not have a customizable system and did not provide our employees with a way to track their tickets once created. It also lacked any type of reporting capabilities.

Cerb

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Cost and ease of customization
Mel

Implementation and Management

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

I had used FreshService in the past at different places of employment and had enjoyed it. This was the first time I was tasked with picking a ticketing system for a company. The fact that you get a trial based on the level you want to pay for, can basically have it customized during the trial to see if it's the right fit, extremely helpful and responsive customer service, and its easy to use for all levels of tech comfortability were the big reasons we chose FreshService. Every time I check in with our team of Agents, everyone is extremely happy with the switch and, overall, I am looking forward to the positive changes this is bringing our teams.

Pros

There are several reasons I pushed to choose FreshService over other products. The value of the features I was getting with the ease of set up. Within the trial period, I had most of the set up done before I presented to my department head. The ease of switching from the previous (and archaic) system to FS for our end users was, overall, seamless. The ability to customize the product with minimal knowledge makes it easy to manage and make changes. After reviewing a dozen other ticketing systems, FreshService provided the ease of implementation and change that we were looking for.

Cons

I love Freddy and want to use it however it's limited features over the traditional portal are frustrating. I understand it's a new feature and it's in a state of constant improvement but I wanted to launch with it and was unable to because key features that we needed specifically for our company would not show up. The reports aren't quite what I thought they would be either and I will probably have to do some work with powershell to get the information I really need.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

The system we had was a basic portal for entering the request and then it would email it out to everyone. There was no way to properly manage, track, or pull reports on the work being done and tickets were falling through the cracks. It was making everyone's job harder than it needed to be.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

This list is only a partial list of all the systems I looked at but I had issues with identifying what features each level had, lack of trials, unresponsive or slow customer service were some of the few issues I ran into.
Derrick
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Favorite ticketing solution so far

Overall I am very happy and don't have any plans to change the product

Overall I am very happy and don't have any plans to change the product

Pros

I have used several products before and Freshservice is by far the favorite because it has automation, integrates with many vendors and software that we currently use such as Dell and JAMF

Cons

The Admin setting section is hard to navigate through sometimes and hard to find settings I want

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Moved from an on-prem ticketing system to cloud. The previous product was not reliable and would crash often

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Better pricing and ticked all the requirements we were after

Easily worth the price compared to other ticket systems.

Reviewed on 08/06/2021

Pros

After following a demo given by enthusiastic and cooperative Freshservice employees, we were sure of our choice.
The tooling is intuitive, user-friendly, responds quickly and very easy to set up. There are plenty of things that can be adapted to the needs of the company.

There are a number of options within the tooling that have certainly increased the efficiency of our employees and in the way customers create their own tickets.

The support and technical staff are excellent and an example for other companies!

Cons

The change module may be further expanded. A feature request has been created for this and the latest information shows that a number of improvements will be made this year.

Jira, TOPdesk, Kaseya VSA and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Before Freshservice, we used a tooling that was almost unusable, slow and cumbersome to use. No more innovations were made. The switch to Freshservice was a relief for our users, but certainly for our customers. Where we regularly received complaints about our ticket system before using Freshservice, we no longer receive any complaints.
Denise
Denise

Works wonderfully for automation and workflow

Reviewed on 06/02/2023

Everything related to work may be found in one convenient location. It's perfect for storing company guidelines, demands, and procedures. It also has pre-built connections to popular services like Gmail, Slack, and more.

Pros

Automated processes and operational flow. Adding a new integration and automating task pushes is a breeze. To date, automation has allowed us to cut our work time by as much as 60 percent.

Cons

While the sheer number of configuration options may seem daunting at first, you'll quickly gain the expertise to tailor freshservice to your exact needs as you gain experience with IT service management.

Vigneshkumar
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Awesome product for ITSM, ITAM and ITOM

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

Pros

I like the Self service portal and Virtual Agent, With this requestor can easily make Service request through the portal and Virtual Agent helps our requestor on basic troubleshoot problem

Cons

Improve the Customer support services , and provide a on site support is better to understanding more in this product

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Compare to ServiceNow is low in cost and ease to deploy too
Benjamin

FreshService Internal Ticket Management System for Gehan Homes

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

We enjoy FreshService for the simplistic ticket management and communication it provides. It is also a secondary database for our asset management to cross reference our main database. We would like to see more curated automated reports for both tickets and assets. We would also like to be able to levarage the change management database, but it does not appear user friendly nor intuitive; so we may need training on this but we do not use it because we dont understand it. We are actively looking for change management.

Pros

Easy to build requestors and submit tickets via email and communicate with the end users we support for our internal helpdesk. Easy to spot trends and ensure service level agreements for ticket response times are measured appropriately.

Cons

The inventory management system at first was very unreliable, sometimes search wouldnt pull up names or info. It seems to have been developed and works much better, but I believe the backend database or tool used could be of better quality. It has come a long way from the beginning and is markedly better.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

ManageEngine cost too much for what we were using it for and it was also on premises. We needed something simple and cloud based and cheaper.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Cost, ease of use, and provided the greatest benefit for a simple ticket and asset tracking system with the "possibility" of future developments in other areas of the system. We know FreshService was and is a growing company so we bet our money on the growth, we have not been disappointed, but of course would like to see more development in the areas of change management and maybe some more asset tracking features. Also, the customer service and support is STELLAR, I would say better than any vendor or product we use previously or currently. Bravo on the customer support, please never change how great that is, its more important than people might think.
Olly
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best ITSM / ESM tool out there

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

We are solving 1200 tickets a week with a team of 22, and automating resolution of 320 tickets a week using workflow automator.

We were able to get up and running with Freshservice with only 3 months for planning, build and implementation.

Pros

- Very little initial configuration needed - features work out-of-the-box
- User experience (UX) very very good - modern, quick and easy to use, looks great
- Workflow automations and orchestrations allow significant and valuable automation with little work
- Sandbox mode allows safely making and testing changes, and syncing them into production easily
- Ticket approvals system works very logically and very well

Cons

- Sandbox sync sometimes fails and needs Freshworks support intervention
- Only the main requester can access the ticket, and it's not possible to add others to see the ticket
- No first-party SSO integration - we have to use a 3rd party plugin for SSO & SCIM which only syncs user attributes when they re-login
- Agent permissions are not granular enough to allow us to lock down the number of admins as much as we want
- WYSIWYG editor has quite a few quirks around new lines and styling

ServiceNow

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

- Jira Service Management requires significant building and configuration, and out-of-the-box Freshservice is pre-configured ready to go, and any configuration you do is a bonus, not a requirement. - Jira's user experience is very outdated and slow, wasting our agents' and requesters' time.

JIRA Service Management

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

- ServiceNow requires even more building and configuration than Jira, and requires programming using AngularJS, a now deprecated framework, and we would need to hire programmers who specialise in it and configuring ServiceNow - ServiceNow's user experience is also pretty outdated and slow compared to Freshservice
Renan

A review about fresh service

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

A solid product with excellent qualities that can help transform how teams work

A solid product with excellent qualities that can help transform how teams work

Pros

Good tool for team collaboration. It is possible to configure workflows for each of them, projects, queues, etc.

It is possible to greatly customize the fields and apply them to workflows, meeting specific needs.

Cons

Graphing is a bit confusing, and you need to buy higher planes to use the best tools.

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Several limitations on the platform that did not allow workflows to be created as desired.

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

We were very interested in other tools that perfectly met our need, however, its high cost made us choose Fresh.
Alex
  • Industry: Higher Education

Managing helpdesk made easy

Reviewed on 02/12/2022

Pros

Reduce the emails that are sent to different members of the IT team and host them all in one place that provides easy access, reminders, prioritisation, staff allocation, feedback, knowledge base and more, all in one place

Cons

Not a negative as such but the points-based system does encourage health competition with teammates, but each job only gives a set number of points, not on a scale so a simple job of creating an account and installing a whole new fibre network can earn you the same, whether it a 2 minute or a 2-month job!

Matthew
  • Industry: Machinery

Freshservice

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Freshservice is by far the best help desk/ticketing system I've ever worked with. The speed and ease of use make Freshservice the best help desk platform I've ever worked with in my 15 years of IT experience.

Pros

For our users its been a real nice tool for submitting help requests into our IT department. A variety of options and configurations allowed us to customize our Freshservice portal to provide our users with the best help desk experience possible.

Cons

I wish I could add my own custom pages to the custom help desk portal. Love the ability to customize the current portal but it would be even better if I could add my own custom pages to the portal for instance ~ a secondary onboarding portal for a different HR team in our company.

Feature-rich and intuitive

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

We are back "with the times" compared to our previous ticket system.

We are back "with the times" compared to our previous ticket system.

Pros

The FreshService interface is pleasant and pretty intuitive to work with. We had been using a different ticket system for more than a decade. Nonetheless, the switch to FreshService was relatively smooth for the whole team. I think the major reason is that the interface feels rather natural or comfortable to work with.

The same kind of intuitiveness is also seen under the hood (Admin panel), which is where a lot of other systems fall short. Even though Fresh Service packs a ton of features under the hood, you are not battling against a maze of intertwined difficult-to-manage configurations. I personally don't need to do a lot of changes in the configuration (I'm rather the "backup" for those kind of things), but when I do, it doesn't take me too long to find out where I need to adapt what setting.

I had to contact Fresh Service support a few times and so far always got a satisfactory reply in a decent reply time.

Cons

With all of the above said, it also lacks some features you could see as "basic" or "take for granted" here and there.

Agents can't configure an "out-of-office" period themselves.
There's no possibility to set up a custom dashboard per agent.
My major pet peeve is the text editor, which options are very limited (can't send a reply with a paragraph in fixed with font, can't edit the source ...) and which sometimes behaves unexpectedly (some odd behaviour with linebreaks, weird cursor position when pasting text ...)

And finally, while there is integration with Jira, I have the feeling it tends to break quite easily. We've probably had it more half- or not-working-at-all than working as it should. This makes it unreliable, requires manual effort and follow-up and really undoes the usefulness of having integration at all.

Ehtesham
  • Industry: Chemicals

Freshservice - Mid Tier, but power packed like enterprise IT ITSM tool

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Love it. We utilize Freshservice for our corporate helpdesk ticketing system.

Love it. We utilize Freshservice for our corporate helpdesk ticketing system.

Pros

It is easy to create workflow and the navigation is easy to determine what you want to achieve / do. They have modernize the icons and look.

Cons

Integration with outlook is not there - .ics calendar, easy guide on whatsapp API business - omnichannel should be included by default from Garden plans onward

SysAid and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Need to have a proper ITSM tool

Microsoft SharePoint
Jose

Freshservice is quite a solid ITSM solution in the Cloud, with no investment in IT infrastructu...

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

The rapid deployment! Being Cloud, we were ready to start almost from day zero. The learning curve is quite smooth, and it was fairly easy to perform basic to moderate customizations on the portal and forms. Also the automation options were quite easy to follow (we basically used templates of the predefined ones) and one key for more novice users is that Freshservice has tutorials all around the solutions.

Pros

It's literally "pay and use". Zero footprint in your current IT architecture, everything is habdled via any compatible web browser. And yet it includes advanced ITSM functionalities such as asset management and CMDB, in which you mdeploy Probes and Agents to Windows, Linux and Mac devices to scan and inventory hardware and software. And like every other Freshworks solution, it's very customizable interms of UI, automation and notifications, as well as integrations with third-party solutions and via API for developers.

Cons

Perhaps adding new modules. Freshservice deals with this by integrations and automations, but out of the included modules (Tickets, Problems, Changes, Releases, CMDB, Projects, Solutions and Reports) you can't, at the moment, add a new one, such as Facilities or HR for example. However, provided that the included modules cover most, if not all, or ITSM's basic needs, and that the mnost generic modules (such as Tickets) are easily adaptable and customizable, that's not much of a problem.

Ruben

Excellent Value and Everything we need for our Ticketing System

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

We have reduced the amount of redundancy and human error from many IT processes and workflows while organizing and improving our overall support and response time. FreshService is so well organized and it also helped us look into other areas that were often overlooked.

Pros

I really like how everything is organized, there is a logical flow viewing tickets, bugs/problems, Change orders, tasks, and then projects. The main dashboard is customizable so you can have the metrics that are important to you up front. I also love that you can tie the current issue with existing knowledge base articles helping you to solve issues quicker or possibly automate responses. Lastly, the ability to automate processes and workflows have been clutch for us, reducing time and human error.

Cons

During onboarding/setup some of the 3rd party apps that you rely on for integration with systems such as Azure can be difficult. FreshService has still provided top grade support for those but, I can take some time to implement.

Joe

Great Help Desk Software, Particularly For Time Pressed Admins

Reviewed on 15/09/2017

The pricing for this product is very competitive which is great for the IT budget and value for dollar represent a good deal. I find the Support team is very helpful and responsive. This is not a complex product to set up but does take a little time to figure out how things work within Freshservice. I am very please overall.

Pros

SaaS based product so no on premises hardware or software. Setup is more than 10 minutes that some of the marketing indicates, but definitely not a complex setup. Once you understand the workflow things become fairly intuitive in setting up the software. The ability to process tickets from one screen, enabling you to reply, enter case notes and disposition the ticket from one screen is very good. Like anything there is a learning curve involved, but it becomes very straightforward to Administer. This is very important as I am handling issues, closing tickets and assisting end users so I do not have the time to spent an hour a day doing routine maintenance tasks. The technical support team is also very helpful.

Cons

Most of the issues have not been with things that do not work as much as do not conform to our individual work flows and processes. A few things that are challenges include that pasting into tickets using the portal does not work. Any screen shots or images depicting issues and end user is facing need to be added as attachments. By default you are given a long and not intuitive URL for your Portal. While you can create a custom URL it requires purchasing an SSL certificate or the connection is not secure. If a User submits a ticket via email and at a later time tries to create an account on the Portal it will advise them that the email is in use. To resolve this they just need to request a password reset, but it is not intuitive to the User, they think something is wrong.

Pascale
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to use and flexible ticketing system

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Pros

Integreting FreshService to our current processes has been really easy. The technicians find it easy to use, and the self-service portal has been easily adopted by the end user. We deployed it over 2 weeks, and are happy with its evolution since then.

Cons

It is not always easy to have appropriate support. We need to provide a lot of information for some bugs to be resolved, specifically when it is related to login issues.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

The Best IT Helpdesk Software

Reviewed on 17/08/2023

It has been an overall great experience and I highly recommend it.

It has been an overall great experience and I highly recommend it.

Pros

I love how easy it makes it to manage support tickets and requests; while also being able to handle bug, change and release management for the IT Team.

Cons

Despite having quite robust automations, some of the automations have limitations that require code or change requests to the FreshService team to be made.

Geoff
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Good solution, quirky business.

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

We have been able to make great progress with this platform. It is a powerful ticketing system and the workflow works pretty well. API interaction is available too, and this is more complex and not always documented.

Pros

Freshservice is a powerful platform and it has LOADS of features and strong no-code workflow management. We've been able to accomplish nearly all of our need functionality with this platform and have a large number of workflows to manage ticket flow.

Cons

Quirky and many undocumented things going on, tickets and service requests are not the same, analytics are quirky and painfully slow for large data sets. Support is great for simple things, but really disappointing when you have specific issues to your configuration, each time you are educating their team on your problem and they always require you to do the legwork to provide them information.

Frans
  • Industry: Banking

A Fresh service

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

We have been using the software for over 6 months (since go-live) and the experience has been great. The team is helpful, supporting and gets the job done providing regular updates and is good at expectation management.
The tool set has enabled our service management platform to embrace 4IA and we are constantly innovating our services with new functionalities, making it easier for our users to interface with the systems. The built-in self-service first over incident logging has a direct reduction on our incidents and costs on managing them. The ease of workflow setups and automation allows us to implement new processes in hours.

Pros

Out of the box functionality with default configuration is quick and easy;
Support and development teams is very helpful and goes the extra mile;
Level of integration to different channels (mobile, chats bots, web, AI) work superb
Innovation of the product - it constantly change, either with new features or enhanced functionality
The team is always happy to listen to suggestions from their customers and to enhance the product

Cons

New features takes months to deliver if it cannot be configured
The available features between agents and requester is extremely cumbersome
CMDB and ITAM solutions require some work

Brian

Jira to Fresh Service

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Pros

Fresh Service is a breeze to get off the ground. The sandbox functionality is cute, but leaves a lot to be desired in terms of what is managed by the testing/deploying of the sandbox to production.

Cons

SSO User Provisioning is awful. We currently SCIM requesters into Fresh Service from Okta. It uses a third-party integration written by Effy? Why is user and group provisioning such a foreign concept in an already fleshed out application?