Showing 4,679 reviews of 4,554

Acuity Scheduling

Online appointment scheduling software and 24/7 assistant.

4.8 /5 (4554 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 4,679 reviews of 4,554
Antoinette S.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Free Trial Review

Reviewed on 15/11/2020

Using Acuity was so beneficial for me and my upcoming business. It was simple and easy for me to use as well as my clients. It helped me to be more organized and saved so much time on both ends when it came to scheduling. I work with my hands so communicating throughout the day is not something that's always possible. Not to mention I was able to customize my own link that potential clients could click that would take them right to my scheduling page. Honestly that was the best part because I could put that link anywhere!

Pros

What I liked most about Acuity was the ability to customize almost every aspect of it. I'm in the beauty field and for me, the details are super important. I'm also a simple girl as well. I was able to make my setup simple and easy to use, but also with some pizzazz (if you know what I mean). Adding pictures, using different colors and different fonts really allowed me to customize my scheduling page exactly how I wanted.

Cons

What I liked least about Acuity honestly was the calendar display on my mobile device. It only showed appointments by the day and not a glance into the entire week or month, which is vital for me. I'm not quite sure if i just never figured out how to change it or it's just not a feature.

Stavros S.
  • Industry: Events Services

Acuity Scheduling Is A Super Trifecta In The Appointment Scheduling Application Platform

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

My overall experience was outstanding. I cannot say anything negative about this platform as it really delivered all the bells and whistles that you want in an appointment scheduling application.

Pros

The top features for me were the ability to have a client make a "reservation, appointment, booking" that is dated more than 1 year from the current day. Many competitors have a restriction on future bookings which only allow you to make a booking within the next 365 days. In my industry, dealing with Weddings, future ability to make a reservation 2 or even 3 years from the current day is crucial.

The number 2 feature that I believe is underrated and is very important in many industries is the fact that appointment add-on's such as a time extension or a same-day rehearsal, Acuity was one of the only that took that specific booking and reflected that overall appointment time into my future availability. Not all applications factor in "add-on's" into the future appointment availability which can cause problems in servicing other clients who now have an opportunity to schedule the service even though you the provider might not be available. Another great feature is that Guests who pay for the service in full have the ability to give you a tip. (which is a rare feature among. these appointment application solutions.)

Cons

The only cons are that even their top tier level plans which go for approximately $45/ month still do not come with phone support. While setting up your account is quite streamlined and simple. I still have a personal opinion on those applications that cost a specific amount per month should provide phone support. I would like to note that their email support was on point and did respond better than some other competitors I have used in the past.

Josephine K.

Best alternative to Mindbody

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

I spent a month going through different software demos in the health and wellness sector. I knew I wanted to switch from Mindbody for my dance studio and wanted to find the best out of the dozens of registration software options there are in this sector. After much research and using the trial set up and function for my top options (Wellness Living and Amilia were the other possibles for me), I was very happily surprised to say with certainty that Acuity was the best fit for me and offered the best functionality. And better yet, it was by far the cheapest!

Pros

What I like best is the depth to which you can customize the user experience. Being able to easily change all the language clients see through the process really helps (especially since we're a bilingual school) and it's also the most mobile-friendly when it comes to functionality and design. Finally, having an app for both the admin and the user side will be a huge asset and I know the Zoom integration will save us a lot of time when it comes to managing invitations to our virtual classes.

Cons

I wish there was a way that clients could carry positive and negative balances on their accounts.

Gabby D.

Easy to use and set up!

Reviewed on 05/12/2020

Great all in all! Would recommend it to those that need a website for scheduling and nothing else. Super responsive as a user and easy to understand for my students.

Pros

I am a yoga instructor and use Acuity to let clients schedule my classes. So far it’s been a great experience as it puts scheduling up front and center. I don’t need the functionalities of more complicated site builders and this works super well on mobile, which is great as I promote my classes through social media anyways.

Cons

I wish there were more available design templates to change the layouts a bit.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Best Software Out There!!

Reviewed on 22/02/2020

Overall this has helped my business grow and profit and not have to have any office staff.

Pros

I absolutely love this software, it is so easy to use. Customers can schedule any appointment online and I can have it assigned to the technician of my choice automatically depending on the choice. Customers can cancel, and reschedule there appointments all through a link that is sent to them via text and email!! Doesn't get better than that, I don't even have a receptionist anymore.

Cons

I think the user interface and calendar could be a little more, modern. Feels a little old, pre Web 2.0

Maggie E.

Easy to use for business and customers

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

Acuity is perfect for organising my 1-2-2 personal training sessions. It enables time to be blocked off before and/or after a session as well as multiple calendars which I can use for mobile and studio thereby having different booking settings for each. The reminder emails and text messages mean that customers are much more likely to let me know if they’re not attending and overall prevent any issues with people not turning up for their session. The customer service is excellent.

Pros

Quick and easy to add a booking from the business end as well as customer end. The pricing tiers enable one to choose the best option meaning there’s no paying out for features that aren’t required. I particularly like the fact it sends out a reminder text message to customers which you can customise as you when you want them to receive it. I also like the way I’m able to add the number of rooms available in my facility and it will automatically ensure that these are not overbooked no matter how many coaches I have on the system.

For what it offers it is an excellent price.

Cons

I would prefer to use GoCardless as a payment processor and, as this is not an option, I use a different software for payments. The class booking could be better; again, I use a different system for this as I want to be able to add limits on to how far in advance a customer can book into a class and I want the class to show in my iCal regardless of whether someone is booked in or not, which at present it doesn’t.

Nancy G.

Will not use any other Scheduling software!

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

I would be lost without this program. It is exactly what a scheduling program should be and not trying to add on things it doesn't NEED.

Pros

I have been using this program for years and it has never failed me. Even when I had an issue it was resolved promptly. It has all the features I need as I have multiple streams of income in my business and it satisfies the scheduling needs for all of them...from coaching to website design strategy sessions and training

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about this program although I do wish at times I didn't have to use another 3-party app to integrate.

Patrick M.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

My new favorite

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

I have had this idea to create my company for years, now that I am pressing all the buttons and actually firing it up - Acuity has given me access to templates that make my ideas not only possible but also WAY more efficient. For instance, I knew there would be a way to create linked classes over consecutive weeks - but i did not know it would be so easy to set them up. Thanks, Acuity!

Pros

I found Acuity through word of mouth - others were using it as an integration with MailChimp - I am very pleased with the robust help section as well as the step by step guides offered. Though still a newbie, the straightforward design and easy to follow directions make me feel like I made a good choice and that the folks who make Acuity seem to know that us small business owners have enough on our hands so making it easy for us to streamline as many workflows as possible while not skimping on design is a huge plus.

Cons

This is not a slam, but its a little like every time you open Safari and its like - DO YOU WANT THIS TO BE YOUR DEFAULT? - no, safari, i don't. but i am using SquareSpace, MailChimp, and Acuity - and i wish i could click a button and just not see all the competing options with what I am already using? I have committed to CRM elsewhere and wish i could hide it in Acuity - this is not really against Acuity though as literally every site does this....

Michaela S.

Acuity Scheduling made me more excited about the admin site of my biz.

Reviewed on 01/02/2021

My clients can easily book multiple appointments types with me - from clarity calls, through private classes to courses. They can pay easily by a credit card and they will automatically receive a Zoom link to the class. It's easy, clear and great looking.

Pros

I'm so grateful that I can offer yoga courses on this software. I can easily create a 6-week course and provide a deeper experience to my clients. I couldn't find this feature with other softwares, which would be so easy and clear.
And my clients can book & pay directly on my website, they don't have to go anywhere else, which is awesome!

Cons

The only aspect I was struggling wuth was that I created a course of classes and I didn't realise it's still an "appointment" and I had my default limits for scheduling an appointment set on max 14 days ahead and I forgot about it and the course started in 16 days, so there was a little gap when clients could't schedule because of my setting, but I found out about it sooner.

Reena D.

Acuity is the best!

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

My experience over the years has been excellent. Whenever I have questions about how to use various tools I get very friendly and very quick replies.

Pros

I love the flexibility it offers. I can schedule both classes and individual appointments, have separate calendars for each type if I want and have automatic reminders and more.
The price is fantastic, especially when I compare it to the usual fitness/yoga studio software.

Cons

I think the only thing I don't like is that there's no customer app.

Bhavesh J.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Acuity has Helped my Business Grow and is a vital part of our Business Process

Reviewed on 06/04/2019

We are a small consulting practice, and have been working with Acuity for quite a few years now, before that we had experimented with Supersaas etc .., but nothing came close to this solution. It has literally transformed our business - before there was a lot of back and forth with phone calls and SMS etc, and pen and paper based scheduling and cancelling had a cascade of problems. We are so thankful to Acuity - it has taken out the Pain of Scheduling - and akin to having a secretary 24*7, we have been able to focus on our business, nationally and internationally. The Free Plan is Great (Please don't ever take it out !!! ) - the Clients are very appreciative with the features and ease of booking. Please keep up the good work.

Pros

Highly Customizable, and we are also able to have better control on the Time Slots allocated, blocking off days and times, intake forms help a lot, lot of flexibility built in, constant updates on new features, and also constantly evolving and getting better. Lots of tools to integrate with our website and options for different calendars, Buffer time slots, ability to give more comps to customers, Decent Customer Management. Time Zone Ca lenders etc

Cons

(For India) - Price Barrier (Converting to our Currency), Not being able to integrate payments for Indian Businesses. Could have better Customer Management - such as dash boards, assigning customers to groups, business or time spent per customer or based on type of appointments etc. (Some thing like Toggl). Multi Lingual Support for few Basic Indian Languages would help us out more.

Keshauna B.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

On The Edge

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

overall, i’m about 75% happy with acuity so far and i will continue to look for better ways to advance my business! (by the way)i am still trying to find text alerts for new appointments. so i can be notified when someone books.

Pros

what brought me to acuity was the flexibility in the client view. being able to categorize and organize services was extremely important to me! also the simplicity of the client view makes it very easy for my clients to quickly pick what they want and get scheduled in faster.

Cons

two things i really really did not like about acuity.
#1: no customer service: i emailed customer service when i first began about how confusing the admin (set-up) screens are. (i guess you are trying to update the interface, it still is horrendous either view i use) the rep emailed me back and simple stated (in a nutshell) acuity isn’t for every business so you can cancel before your trial. like this is my business and my clients! and i can not afford
to switch back and forth between sites. if i have a problem or a question i would hope to have a customer advisor who will go the endless mile to make sure my business needs are met (one big reason i will miss squareup PHONE customer service) you feel so much more comfortable when your talking to a live agent! now i read where it stated you were trying to keep cost down and blah blah but come on these are NOT personal schedules these are BUSINESSES! and we sincerely need that level of communication to be successful. (chat, call me back.. ANYTHING!) i also thought having the paid advisors (all of which start out at 100/hr for a phone call) was just an insult to the face especially when most issues stem from your site. (i am still learning acuity and i will keep trying to navigate it best myself but i’m not sure i would advise businesses similar to myself to use your interface unless they are tech savvy, independent, and established.
#2: the look of the interface (admin view)

Scott S.

How to book clients without loosing time, energy or money.

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

If you are looking for a quality scheduling SAAS that won't let you down and works just as hard as you. And has all the features/integrations you could possibly need. You can't go wrong with Acuity Scheduling.

Pros

For 2+ years I was a coach for one of the fastest growing, non vc backed, internet marketing SAAS companies in the world. I used Acuity Scheduling on a daily basis. It made my job that much easier. It saved me time, effort and overall made me more money. When I was booked with clients I was working. And when I was working I was making money.

Acuity allowed me to easily have my clients schedule themselves into my availability and schedule a zoom meeting with them all in a simple to use platform for both myself and my client.

Overall Acuity has been there through over 200+ 5-8 week coaching programs and we never had any major issues.

I have now left my "9-5" and started my own journey in the entrepreneurial world. And of course I will be using Acuity Scheduling for my scheduling needs.

Cons

The one thing that I can think of that could be potentially problematic and could be improved upon is that I am currently not aware of a way to block a client from rescheduling.

It would be nice to be able to block them after X reschedules. Or something to that extent.

But this would not stop me from using Acuity. It is just to valuable of a tool.

Heidy M.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Great for estheticians

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Has been great so far, though I haven't used it with my clients yet.

Pros

I love all the features it offers and the polished look. I like that you can have categories to make things look cleaner, as well as change the colors to customize! There are many features I love such as packages, ability to add tipping when booking, private booking links and son on! And it is pretty easy to use so far. Customer service has been great so far as well. Not perfect but the best booking site I have ever used. Intake forms and notes options are amazing bonuses!

Cons

Could be a little easier to add services (like a + button or something) and you should be able to transfer them if you're using another website!

Robert D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Wish I'd found this much sooner, just the ticket!

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

I was looking for something very similar to what I'm already using, but with a few specific extra features that it seems crazy to me aren't available. I wanted a reasonable monthly price, the ability to share a direct link to my booking page on social media via a link, integration with google calendar so I don't get a load of double-bookings and the ability to set a maximum number of appointments per day. Acuity has all of that and more.

Pros

Once you've spent a little bit of time getting to grips with the interface, it's super easy to set up. I'm an online ESL teacher working for several third party sites, and the acuity scheduler is very similar to what I've seen before. This is a plus, as it means I'm already familiar with the basic concepts and it didn't take me too long to figure out where everything was and how it works. Not only that, Acuity fixes a lot of the main gripes I had with the platforms I'm already using i.e. lack of integration with other apps, inability to set a maximum for the number of appt. per day etc. I'd tried out a few other apps of this kind in the past (the usual suspects, I won't name them here), but found they were either too expensive or lacking specific features that it seemed obvious to me needed including. Hooray for Acuity!

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve at the start, I imagine more so if this is your first time using this kind of software, but considering how much easier it's going to make things moving forward I think it's more than worth the initial effort. There are a number of very detailed and helpful tutorial videos provided anyway to help users get started. It took me perhaps an afternoon to get through them.

Erica B.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A Fantastic Productivity Tool Especially for Solopreneurs

Reviewed on 25/01/2017

I was having a challenge I think many of you experience - the ping-pong scheduling game. It goes something like this: I need to schedule a day/time with a business partner or client so we send emails back-and-forth giving our projected availability which inevitably changes between the time I sent my email and when they reply. This ends up going on for several cycles until a mutually agreed upon date/time is found, more than likely weeks after the initial ask. What a waste of time! I was informed about Acuity Scheduling while I was presenting at the California Placement Association's southern regional workshop, and I decided to look into it. As a Solopreneur, I have to choose my investments wisely, so I was happy to engage in the 14-day free trial. It ended up being a much more robust scheduling "service" than I could've wished for. The aspects I found most helpful were: the ability to sync with my iPhone calendar (which becomes my "master" calendar by default because it's on my phone), the ability of email reminders being sent to me and the person who scheduled a meeting time with me, and the ability to create different "groups." The groups feature is helpful when you want to distinguish between a client, a colleague, or a friend. I did have to enter my availability in a couple of times while I was going through a learning curve, and I think as a general usage "limitation" (it would be great if you could "copy" an existing calendar for one new group, and then add or delete availability blocks accordingly). There are 2 different calendar types - one where hours are set, and one where they fluctuate, so it's the latter that I've been engaging with, and for that reason, creating your availability for multiple groups may be a bit more "clunky." Despite that, I've created four (4) different groups with 2 different hour structures, and it was working fabulously! I did think I could live with the free version of the software, but the loss of the calendar sync feature is the biggest reason I've now decided to make the $/month investment. When trying Acuity Scheduling out under their free trial, really get into as many of the features as applicable for your business so you can make an informed decision about a future investment. In doing so, you can be certain of your choice to invest in this very useful scheduling tool.

Pros

Mostly User Friendly, Syncing Feature for Multiple Calendars, Creating Multiple "Groups," & Email Reminders

Cons

Groups: when you're schedule varies, you need to add in your availability all over again; no option for a 'cut-and-paste' from an existing group's calendar and then add/subtract time as needed.

Eliana K.

Easy Solution!

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

I am really enjoying using Acuity and I doubt if I could ever go back to not using it.

Pros

This is the first time I use any scheduling software and I am finding it extremely useful. It allows me and my organisation to have a professional presence and it is so easy and versatile to use. I only used the free trial so far however I am very luck looking forward to my 4 month free upgrade and am sure once I got the edge I need to have a real presence in the market, I know I will never look back and have Acuity a major part of my day to day business solution. Thank you in advance 🙏 I would like to have an option to specify my industry however as I am in the Personal Development Business and could not find that so had to use 'Health, Wellness & Fitness' and would have preferred 'Personal Development and Human Growth'

Cons

I haven't come across anything I didn't like but there seems to have a little glitch on the free trial as one of my clients booked a session that appeared in the booking as another client instead.

Shania Z.

Love this service

Reviewed on 31/01/2021

Overall my experience with Acuity has been great! I had to email management at one point and the got back to me with a sense of urgency and I love it.

Pros

The thing I love most about this software is that it’s fully customizable. There are options of course but if the options aren’t what you need you have full control to change it to what you do need.

Cons

I honestly wouldn’t say it’s a con just something to work on in the near future. A smoother maybe prettier interface on the mobile app and such.

Tanesha F.

Lifesaver

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Pros

This platform offers the support for this new initiative along with providing additional areas of opportunity for future endeavors. I’m now able to seamlessly track class packages, Students can now see how many spots are remaining for each class, Confirmation emails for all purchases, my students can Reserve classes at their leisure and remaining balance from package stays on account. Gift certificates available for purchase. My students can save login information, so information doesn’t have to be reentered during each class registration and also the Ability to register for multiple classes at once. This program has been a timesaver and has allow me too practice great efficiency.

Cons

No cons at all! Wish there was a waitlist option after group capacities have been reached

Whisper G.

Free Trial Makes an easy decision to Move to Paid Programming

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Acuity is providing a high end, multi setting software for a business running multiple services. Switching to Acuity will save us time and money!

Pros

It's clean and simple. Looking forward to transitioning over to using this paid program and get it up and running on our Website.

Cons

Having trouble figuring out what way is best to link it to our accounting software so that we can use our bank payment option instead of credit card option only.

Hannah A.

I Love Acuity

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

It allows me to appear professional and organized to my clients, by giving them a sneak peak at my schedule and choosing a meeting/call at a time that best works for both of us, without a million messages back and forth. It has saved me so much time, and energy.

Pros

I absolutely love being able to send a link to my clients, that they can schedule a call with me in just a few steps. I also love that it syncs up with my calendar so that i never miss a meeting

Cons

i honestly don't have any complaints. i love acuity

Joyee L.

Very Robust, but can be confusing

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

Of all the scheduling software we tried, this was the most customizeable to our specific needs. I would give this software an 8/10 for ease of use though.

There are some features that don't make complete sense and we have to tweak to our personal use.

It's been about 6 months since implementing it, and we're still not 100% confident in how to use it.

Pros

There was a lot of customization that was great. It seems as though many different industries can use this software to adapt to their specific businesses.

Cons

There are some features that aren't clear to the user. The user experience from the administrative side is a bit confusing.

It wold be nice if we could purchase or have some in-person support during set up, because a lot of time was spent trying over and over and over again to see what the best solution would be.

Sarah S.
  • Industry: Fine Art

This is honestly the best

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

Ive used some other scheduling apps before and they were very expensive and not as organized as acuity is - I loves how simple yet veryyyy organized and neat Acuity is- This app literallyyy does it all for you !

Pros

I lovvveee how you can set up multiple appointments... How you can send out reminders, confirmations and even an email weeks later to see how the appointment went for your client

Cons

I wish the calendar would show a whole week at a time instead of a day at a time (You can look at the whole month if you wanted to though)

Eric P.

Acuity Scheduling Helps Automate and Organize My Business

Reviewed on 12/10/2019

Acuity Scheduling allows my business to run as if I had a larger team even though it's just me. It gives me a lot of time back so I can focus more on the lead or customer's needs versus the logistics of my business and how will I get the next step done.

Pros

I used to be a Calendly user but switched over to Acuity Scheduling for the features and integrations. I'm a big fan of Zapier but when I can connect tools directly without creating a Zap, then I will always choose that option. Since I also use ConvertKit for email marketing and Zoom for video conferencing, it's great that Acuity Scheduling integrates with both of them directly so I can add leads to funnels and automatically schedule meetings. As a backup, I can always link Acuity to tools via Zapier such as how I connect Acuity Scheduling to Trello so all my form requests come to a Trello board as a card with the information displayed as exactly as I need it so my Zoom meetings can be that much easier.

Cons

The UX/UI can be a bit much at times as the menu options are as straightforward and there is quite a bit of toggling back in forth if you want to update questions versus updating a form itself.

Arleta B.

Good system for anyone starting with clients appointments

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

I like the system, I went for it after someone from my entrepreneur network recommended. I also used Calendly for a while and still going back and forth to see how it works. Although I prefer Acuity because I was able to start with the free version to actually see how that works, without being forced into trial which can be confusing after you are finish with it and part of the set up gets blocked. I find it mostly easy to use, with some things being a bit fiddly.

Pros

Definitely favourite part is when I get email that there is appointment scheduled and I can click 'add to google calendar' and while doing that make it a Zoom appointment (while doing it on laptop). I am on the free version as so far not having enough clients and the first paid option still feels quite expensive for someone staring up.

Cons

re: free version, I am unsure how if varies in paid ones. I did struggled with creating a series of appointments (for a 12 weeks programme I offer to clients) when needed to add repeating appointments and then some off schedule dates. I would like it when I choose to add some of my regular schedule dates, that I could automatically then make that time slot available. As so far created set of appointments, then some shown in red as not available in my schedule, then I had to go off the scheduling to create availability to be able to go again and start with creating another appointment.
Hope that somehow makes sense as hard to explain exactly.