ConnectWise Automate

3.7/5

Daren A.

Connectwise Automate

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

We are using Connectwise Automate for taking care of customers on a managed service contract.

Pros

There are many, many features in Connectwise Automate that will help you help your customers with their computer needs.

Cons

Although the software is very feature rich, it seems very cumbersome and not easy to use from day one. In almost every step, we have had to take classes to figure out how to do things.

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Automate

We were already using Connectwise Connect and Manage so wanted one general product instead of some of this and some of that.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Automate

As mentioned before, we switched because we wanted to have all our products on one platform and not a piece there and a piece here.
Joel V.

Review of ConnectWise Automate

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

My overall experience with this product is fantastic! I wouldn't be able to help my employees the same way without this product.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that I can remotely login and help my employees with any issues they are having on their computer from anywhere. This is extremely helpful because I look over 11 stores and I am not always at the location that needs help. I can just remote in and help them!

Cons

What I like the least about this product is that I have to have a two factor authentication key emailed to me every time I login to use this product. I understand that this is a necessary security measure, but it slows me down when I'm in a hurry. Other than that minor annoyance, I have not had any issues using this product.

Chris T.

Great Software with a great learning curve

Reviewed on 20/01/2017

I've been using it for 2 years now. Overall I'm impressed with the software. "Screenconnect" software is brilliant, fast and reliable connections to your managed agents.

Pricing is competitive for what it delivers however it is expensive. Make sure you NEED all of it's features before investing otherwise your potentially just burning money you don't need too.

However the learning curve required to get the best from this software is vast, documentation is sparse. The documentation that does exist is out of date. For example the knowledge base article regarding configuring the agent to utilise a proxy server doesn't seem to match up with the latest version. You're left either fending for your self on the forums or waiting in line for a chat with their tech support, which to be fair once you get there is very good.

Looking elsewhere simply because of two price rises in 2016 with more likely in 2017.

Pros

Screenconnect - A real asset to the platform.
Scripting
Tunnel options - Can tunnel into your customer network using the agent.
Powerful Automation and patch management

Cons

Complex
Growing expense
Out of date knowledge base / manuals.

James D.

Extremely Powerful MSP Software

Reviewed on 28/05/2020

Automate is feature rich and I find it very easy to use. There's just so much that you can do to improve workflows and "automate" tasks. I highly recommend this for mature MSPs.

Pros

The automation that can be performed is amazing. This was deployed primarily on Windows machines. It does an incredible job at managing updates. The recent integration of Third Wall, though rough in the beginning, has made this the most powerful MSP software.

Cons

The desktop software can be sluggish. Rolling out Third Wall was very rough. After working out all of the kinks it's makes some fantastic improvements and adds some much needed solutions. Physical machines need a display connected. This can be annoying.

Shannon D.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Beware of working with Conectwise Automate

Reviewed on 01/06/2020

Terrible. Your RMM tool is really important and you want a company that is trying to help your business grow by having great additions for the platform and services that you can then offer your clients and perspective clients. Connectwise has wanted to exact as many dollars out of my pocket and have no intention of having a business relationship what so ever. In my 24 years in the industry I have never had a company treat me this way but they did and continue to. I have heard from 30+ other companies ceo's saying similar things that there is not partnership just a money grab.

Pros

The remote program is really good. Very simple and quick when a caller has called in.

Cons

First year was good. At the beginning of the second year they doubled the cost saying "its in the contract" I said I want to cancel or fix the price and for a year we went around in circles. "ok we will do at the same price you just need to double your agents" I don't need more agents. Then I had a new person over and over. I then send a formal letter to cancel service and they say we won't except this. I have now asked twice to move to 25 agents and again the same thing is happening.

Chris M.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Improved ROI on Manged services by 35% in first 3 years.

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

We have changed our business model based on this software and increased ROI on all services by 35 % in less then 3 years.

Pros

Once setup it does what it does well.
Very few issue after setup and config.
Gives a wealth of information on devices managed.

Cons

Can be a burden to setup and config
Takes a good amount of training to really use it well
Being good a scripting is a must

Adrian M.

we use internally labtech

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

ease connectivity for my cloud environment

Pros

LT has big amount of great functionalities right out of the box. Lots of custom alerting and monitoring sets. It will allow you to completely automate patches and updates from Microsoft. A great built-in remote support tool with screen connect.

Cons

normally to make the complete setup takes a while due all the custom options of alerting and patching but I think is normally in this kind of tools

Justin L.

The capabilities are amazing, but slowness is not fun

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Pros

we love that we are able to do so much with the computers that we manage on this software. Also love that we can find out hardware information through this secure application.

Cons

do not like the time it takes to load, but it makes up for the capabilities that it does.

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

This program helps us bring together all of our management abilities without the guessing game. Update and scripts works like a charm, ability to audit end user.

Pros

This RMM Toll will integrate with nearly every tool available. One pane of glass for management. Great support through implementation and afterward.

Cons

This can be costly and I would not suggest it for a small company.
It takes a 2 to 6 months to be fully deployed depending on what your needs are.

Overall good product, steep learning curve.

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Pros

This is a good product to deploy for Manage Service Providers that need remote monitoring and some self-healing capabilities.

Cons

The learning curve is very step. While initial training is provided, its takes a lot of time investment to get the most out of the software

Brian K.

LabTech is by far one of the best RMM tools on the market

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

I've used LabTech for over 10 years now. It was really good when I first started using the product and it's even better now. The native integration of ScreenConnect makes life for our engineers so much better. Before this integration connecting remotely to a device was painfully slow. Now we connect in less than a second.

Phil H.

Automate review

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

I've hung on, hoping things would improve. They've not so in effect gone backwards.
I never feel like support are able to help over the basic break fix model.

Pros

The remote control product is quick and works. The desktop version still provides the best daily interface over the not finished web version.
The extra data fields do provide us with easy to access information.

Cons

The product is slow and complicated. The new web version is just another overlay of the main product and database. This web version is not nearly complete, which has been worked on now for years.
Most parts of the product are complicated to setup, when you go to the University of connectwise to find the information, often it is lacking.

Mark a. H.

Awsome

Reviewed on 09/04/2018

Pros

Works well for the intended purpose. Customizable for each client. great support and communication from the support staff.

Cons

A little slow to load even on fast internet connections. have to reload to get updated info sometimes.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Perfect for MSP

Reviewed on 22/04/2019

We save a lot of time by not having to manually check devices as Automate does all the reporting for us.

Pros

- Can script infinite amount of tasks to save time
- Easy to deploy
- Full Reporting and Inventory
- Patch management to deploy updates when we choose

Cons

- Loads agent onto machines putting more of a load on the machine
- Requires a lot of tweaking and filtering events to not over load the amount of alerts you receive

The IDEA of this software is awesome, the delivery of that promise is lacking though

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

Pros

This software's scripting engine is hands down the best. I recently saw the new interface that is coming to align the product more with Connectwise's main product is really nice looking.

Cons

Many of the terms do not make sense (blacklist software, means you want to know if it gets installed, meanwhile blacklisted services mean you want to be alerted if it's not working). The old interface was dated but it had the functionality and details all in one place. The current version 11 interface is horrible. Getting support on the product is awful; slow response and frequently being told that whatever you ask about is out-of-scope.

Jeffrey P.

The most advanced MSP RMM to grow your business off of.

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Exceptional insight into thousands of machines in an aggregate fashion. It would be impossible to offer some of the services that we do, without this product.

Pros

This product has a uniquely limitless capacity for growing the operational process of managing computer systems. Great out of the box monitors and functionality. Unparalleled remote control. Large user community and expansive plugin ecosystem.

Cons

QA is is lacking on new releases. Support takes a long time, with the exception of down situations. Slow release cycles. Lots of legacy functionality that is deprecated litters the product. Exceptionally slow at times.

Great in some places, lets you down in others

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Pros

Connecting to users workstations is a quick and painless experience, with the ability to search workstation names or ID's making it a breeze to reach who you need to.

Cons

Software takes anywhere from 1 to 4 minutes to load up, and often times that's just the login screen. At worst, it's taken me 15 minutes to get to the Control Center after restarting my workstation

Nathan L.

Connectwise Automate : AKA, Labtech

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Extremely negative

Pros

The UI isn't the worst. The pricing isn't terrible

Cons

This software is terrible, we have it running in a DC on high end hardware, and we constantly have issues with the software crashing. Additionally, the alerts will kick off randomly, claiming a server is offline, when it's not.

The software is extremely slow and rather clunky. I would highly recommend avoiding it.

Vania Y.

Makes IT support a dream

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Pros

I like that I can write scripts and schedule regular maintenance activities to perform the functions that I would normally have to log in to a client site remotely. This makes me more efficient and allows me to effectively grow my client base without compromising my support quality.

Cons

I've only used this software for a short time period but I'm completely satisfied so far. I can't find a negative; they even give you starter scripts to work with

Clint S.

Automate formerly labtech

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Pros

Let’s me remote in and run scripts easily enough.

Cons

Scripts can be hit or miss. There’s a lot of “gotchas” when running them

Cheryl A.

Makes working so much easier

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

I love having one program, to use for engineers to access our clients machines and monitoring issues

Pros

screenconnect

Cons

The new layout is a little harder to get use to

Amazing Product, Amazing Support

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

Pros

This software is so much better than our last platform. We are able to do a lot more, and more importantly automate a lot more. Fantastic customer service

Cons

There is a lot of set up involved and a lot of training in order to be prepared to use this platform.

Kyle J.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

If you have the money to spend, spend it.. if not.. there is other options`

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Overall, I am very happy with Connectwise Automate and would continue to use the product. If you work in a critical industry, I wouldn't recommend this as being your only source of remote access since support is very slow and very unhelpful in most situations.

Pros

The best part of this software is how robust the software is. When you purchase this software, you receive control and "WSUS" as part of your package. The software contains reports, pulls data on each computer, provides some integration and overall is a great automation and remote access tool.

Cons

Support is very slow to respond. Getting credits for downtime on their hosted web server is like pulling teeth. When you get into the chat queue, you may be waiting an hour or more for someone overseas who doesn't know how to fix the issue anyway. Then you have to wait until someone gets back with you when they "open a ticket." Honestly.... the only reason I WOULDN'T buy this software is their support system lacks ability for true support!

TeamViewer

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Automate

The ability to do more than just remote access the PC was the main reason for the switch. Cost was a close second reason.

TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Automate

Overall cost is the main reason.
Sam H.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Connectwise Automate

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

Connectwise Automate is a critical part of my business that I use. I could not work without it and I really enjoy working with this tool!

Pros

I really like the features that Connectwise Automate offers. The ability to remotely patch servers and endpoint devices is excellent.

Cons

The only issue we have with this software is the customer support and occasional instability of the software.

GoToMeeting, LogMeIn Central, TeamViewer, LastPass and Join.Me

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Automate

Connectwise offers what all of these tools do with many other additional options!