4.8
4.7
4.9
Chris S.
Industry: Sports

Wonderful product and customer service

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

We have a LOT of users that access our certification courses in LearnUpon. Some days we have over 1000 users logging in. This was a big undertaking for our company to switch our LMS provider. To be honest, the implementation and subsequent usage of LearnUpon could not have gone smoother due to the customer service response and the step by step collaboration they provided for us. This was a very seamless and efficient experience for USA Football.

Pros

The best part of this software is the customer service. I have used several LMS products in my career and, while LearnUpon is very user friendly and has many helpful options, the learning curve for implementation and use was made very easy with the customer support team.

Cons

The parts that were least likable about this software was perhaps the limited ability to change default settings. However, it appears that LearnUpon has taken this into account and are now working on some updates to the software that better align with our needs.

Brenna Z.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Admin-Friendly Platform with Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

With a tight timeline to move off of our previous platform, we found the LearnUpon team to be extremely accommodating. Our onboarding & implementation specialist went above and beyond to dedicate additional training and support hours for our team, and helped us get up-and-running on the platform in record time. Their technical support team is extremely responsive and helpful, as is our dedicated CSM. While the platform itself may not be the most robust in the LMS space, I find their UI to be very clean, easy to navigate, and has all of the standard functionality that any good LMS should. This is a great platform for L&D professionals that are just getting started with an e-learning training program, and/or platform Admins that don't want to get bogged down with regular backend LMS maintenance.

Pros

The LearnUpon platform is very easy to get started on; we had a quick turnaround to make from our previous vendor platform, and were able to get up-and-running in less than three weeks. Their multi-portal capabilities have made it fairly easy to manage our customer, employee, and partner training programs on one platform, while still being able to create unique learning experiences for our three audiences. Their Salesforce integration allows for automated user management (which is especially value to smaller enablement teams like ours), and has given us the ability to create fairly robust Salesforce reports and dashboards based on learner activity. Customer support is, by far, one of the biggest advantages to working with LearnUpon. We've had a fantastic sales and onboarding experience, and their CSM and their technical support teams are extremely responsive and thorough. The UI itself is very clean and modern, and I find it to be fairly user-friendly from a learner perspective.

Cons

The capabilities of "Manager"-level users (a permission set that sits between and Admin and a Learner) are a bit limited. The learning path user experience is not the best, but is something that is on their product roadmap to improve. Not necessarily a drawback for us, but the platform UI is not customizable beyond branding and colors, and some additional settings that can be toggled on and off (like gamification, for example), so if you're looking for a platform that is highly customizable, this probably isn't a good fit for you.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Philip W.

Intuitive, Aesthetic & Economical Solution with Rock Star Cx Support

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

When evaluating solutions, the LearnUpon sales team was responsive from day 1 -- you sometimes have sales teams who show up and read you their demo script, but LU showed up to listen first, and ask questions, and then demo how they could meet our needs.

The trial version gave us an opportunity to test out branding and functionality requirements. Branding the trial portal to reflect our corporate look and feel was a slam dunk, took maybe 1 hour max. In fact we were able to go live with no additional portal branding effort, and our company maintains a high aesthetic bar.

In the full version we spent time designing all aspects of the portal exactly how we wanted them. There's enough granularity to meet our need without the pointless option overload that so often can sacrifice intuitive usability.

Our dedicated Customer Success Manager was ready, willing, and able to offer suggestions, take questions back to the team, and help us push the solution to maximum value. (I've worked with the LMS "big guys" too, who keep you on hold for 20 min to answer a simple question and dole out onboarding support by the spoonful -- LearnUpon always makes me feel like I'm one IN a million, never of of the million). Setting up SSO was a breeze with our Confluence gateway. We launched in April and are growing client users by about 10% a week.

I honestly can't say enough good stuff about LearnUpon's customer support ethic. They "get" it.

Pros

Excellent blend of intuitive aesthetic design and functionality -- LU works the way we need it to work, as we partition projects across portals and clients into self-contained user groups. We're able to maintain our brand presence for clients, meet our organizational goals and our customers' needs effectively -- with little to no compromise on our vision. On top of this, LU customer support is the best in the business.

Cons

There's not much to not like about LearnUpon. The system continues to mature and improve incrementally with each release. More attention could (and is) being paid to Reporting capabilities. Functionality to nest Groups would also be helpful, or minimally the ability to copy an existing Group.

Jeanette S.
Industry: Construction

Easy for all with consistently responsive customer service

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

An excellent addition to the business that has freed up staff time for coaching activities, streamlined the training function and enabled us to deliver a more comprehensive supported learning pathway for a remotely based network of staff.

Pros

It is quick and easy to develop content without the need for complex software and programmers. Our interactive courses achieve 5 star reviews simply using the tools provided with the system.

All of our candidates, which now number in the hundreds, are able to navigate the system and complete our courses on a wide range of devices. We were concerned that candidates would need technical support we would be unable to deliver. We did not need to worry, technical queries for candidates have been almost non existent. The small number raised by our administrators and course developers have been answered and resolved quickly thanks to LearnUpon’s fantastic team.

Cons

There isn’t anything we don’t like. More tools to help non developers create interactive courses would always be helpful in future developments to help us keep creating. One observation, the current pricing could divert small businesses from dipping their toe which would be a shame given they are the businesses that can most benefit from such a user friendly tool that doesn’t require an army of expensive developers, programmers and in-house computer experts.

Lindsay M.
Industry: E-Learning

LearnUpon LMS.......No need to look any further!!!

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

My overall experience with LearnUpon has been absolutely wonderful! And, I'm not just saying this.......my statement is based on 4+ years using the software. Solid, reliable, user-friendly software, a team that truly listens to their customers and makes changes based on that listening, and excellent customer service. I can't ask for much more than that! Signing up with LearnUpon is a no-brainer. If you're wavering, don't! You'll be in good hands!

Pros

LearnUpon as a software and company is top notch! The software meets all of our needs and then some. And, to make things even better their customer service is fantastic (think Ritz Carlton customer service). If LearnUpon checks all your boxes and will meet your needs, then go with them! You won't be disappointed.

Cons

The thing I liked (past tense) least is the customer experience when a customer had a login in on another portal in the larger LearnUpon ecosystem and then would sign up for our courses. However, I provided feedback to LearnUpon and they implemented an upgrade to fix this. Wow!! Top notch customer service coupled with a great software! The company listens to their customers and responds, implementing upgrades to meet their LearnUpon users needs. This has happened multiple times to me :) Kuddos to LearnUpon!

Sharon D.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: Self Employed

Best LMS Hands Down

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

This LMS offers me a method of creating and sharing my courses with my clients and others. My business would not be where it is today, without LearnUpon.

Pros

I have been working with the folks at LearnUpon for almost 6 years. As an Administrator responsible for managing and branding my learning portal as well as developing customized courses for clients, I cannot say enough good things about it. The staff are incredibly quick to respond, are clear with their responses and want to be of assistance. They score a 10 every time with their customer service. I have watched this LMS grow from good to great over the years with new features being added constantly. Today, it is a robust LMS with every single feature I could want (and frankly a lot more than I use). Developing courses is easy and I'm able to produce professional looking courses, easily, This is important because I do not have a technology background and though I'm a reasonably quick study, I needed an LMS that didn't require a computer science degree to navigate! The reliability of this LMS, the ease of its use and navigation, as well as the fact that I almost never get calls from my clients with "systems issues", makes this an absolutely outstanding product. I also love the LearnUpon University tutorial option. I could not be happier.

Cons

There are none that I can think of. I absolutely love this LMS and the people who stand behind it.

Stephen G.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great product backed by a super team of people!

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

We were one of the early clients and the one factor that consistently keeps us using the platform, above all else, is the fact the level of service from day one (when LearnUpon was only starting out) was amazing. As they have grown to become a leader in the LMS space, that level of service has never changed.

Pros

We have both used and engaged (via clients) with a broad range of LMS products. The LearnUpon solution is by far one of the easiest and effective solutions we have come across. They are constantly looking to increase functionality and in my opinion are working at the edge of the latest developments in LMS solutions.

Cons

Honestly very little! I would like more flexibility around messaging as we deal with both the B2B market and also the B2C. The latter requires more frequency around messaging but we have found simple solutions to work alongside the LearnUpon platform.

Mo Q.

The best LMS for our needs

Reviewed on 17/06/2015

We went with LearnUpon after doing extensive research. They came up top in terms of value for money, having the features we needed, user-friendliness and support. I was concerned that it was too good to be true having had disappointing experiences with LMS's in the past which promise the world then deliver much less than what we expected. With LearnUpon the interface is extremely user-friendly and allows you to upload anything you need whether that be a SCORM module, PDF, video, pictures etc.. The best part is you can customise everything at any time on your own for no cost. If you want to change a banner, welcome message, course description, sign-in screen or store details; you can do so immediately without putting in a build request and waiting for support to get back to you. If you do need support they are always happy to help and guide you every step of the way.

We also had to transfer thousands of enrollments from our previous LMS and I had concerns about the transition. The support team at LearnUpon went out of its way to meet our requirements and the few custom builds we required were handled brilliantly with little fuss and at very reasonable rates. They provide extra features we actually use like multi-language platform support, batch uploads and detailed custom reports. With LearnUpon we received an excellent product, within budget and with excellent support along the way. I couldn't be happier with our decision to select them as our LMS.

Ewa K.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy to use & flexible to implement across multi-functional company

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Uniformity of training across all business units - same message and materials are delivered to all learners at the same time

Pros

LearnUpon is very intuitive for both administrator and the learner.
It provides great options for providing training/learning materials without being overwheliming with bells and whitles.

Cons

Many options that I have not been able to explore and use!
It is not a con... I need more time to learn about LU to its fullest capacity.

Brian C.

Outstanding LMS.

Reviewed on 13/12/2013

Pros : Easy to use, intuitive, reliable LMS at a great price.

Excellent customer service. Extremely courteous and accommodating.

Incredible technical support.

Course creation doesn't get any easier.

Great reporting functions.

Constantly updated with the latest market trends and developments.

Catered to our needs perfectly.

Cons : Any initial minor issues that we encountered were quickly addressed and solved for us.

Overall : When starting up an online education business, finding the right Learning Management System is the crucial first step. Having trialled numerous LMS systems, I was beginning to feel that we would have to take the plunge and build an extremely costly personalised system. I then came across LearnUpon and was blown away with its ease of use, great features, great personal service, and extremely competitive pricing. From the first time that I logged in, I knew that I had found the ideal LMS solution and haven't looked back since.

Highly recommended Learning Management System. Intuitive and affordable, with a great team behind it. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to deliver online courses.

Charles C.

A constantly evolving simple and cost effective LMS with a second to none support team

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

After reviewing three alternative LMS systems and chatting to each provider LearnUpon stood out from the crowd immediately.

LearnUpon is simple to use, quick to configure, highly cost effective and scalable to your business needs, you can tailor your subscription level up or down with the needs of the business.

Another element I liked about LearnUpon is the constant development and openness to embrace customer feedback to improve the product towards the customers needs.

LearnUpon really is a fantastic product and I would recommend it to anyone - before our journey in finding an LMS provider I had no knowledge or expertise in training and now feel competent in the knowledge, support and experience LearnUpon has brought to us here at THMG.

Brendan provided a fantastic overview and went above and beyond to answer all of our questions before we agreed to run a trial.

Even throughout our trial period Brendan and the LearnUpon team couldn't do enough and the quality, support and level of customer service really is unbeatable and like nothing I have experienced before.

Thanks Team LearnUpon!

Industry: Financial Services

Easy to use, easy to administer, regardless of the size of employee base.

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Quick and easy administration and reporting. LearnUpon also appear to welcome and act upon client feedback and improve their product accordingly.

Pros

The dashboard! I love when an online resource that has lots of functionality provides a dashboard with quick and easy links to the tasks that you typically perform the most. We currently only use a relatively small amount of LearnUpon's functionality so it's great not to have to trawl through all the admin settings to get things done. The reporting is also very useful and easy to navigate.

Cons

I honestly don't have any major issues with the software. In terms of categorising users, I'd like to be able to archive users so I can only see active employees, but I understand why the software presents all users initially.

Genevieve M.

Learn Upon

Reviewed on 22/04/2015

This is my first time working with LearnUpon and I really enjoy all its features and the individuals who work with it. I have had the pleasure of speaking with Des a couple times (typically when I am experiencing human error issues) and he is always very polite and helps me work out whatever the issue is or sends me to another individual who's specialty is what I am dealing with. I have also talked with Carrie and went through all the cool little things you can do on LearnUpon and it really helped me develop the site more for the company and have people really enjoy taking courses (more than before). There are so many awesome features on this program and now that we are able to access it on our phones (via app) it is awesome. I feel the app is just way more convenient for those who are constantly moving or busy. I look forward to more developments from LearnUpon. Thanks!

Layne N.

LearnUpon is an excellent LMS solution

Reviewed on 15/05/2015

The LearnUpon team is extremely responsive to our organization's needs. All requests for support have been answered within 24 hours (and most usually within a couple of hours). The system was extremely easy to brand and add content. Versioning was a little confusing at first but is no longer a challenge. Metrics show that our external customer learners are pleased with the system and courses available within it. More than 90% responded that they "Strongly Agree" that the system and modules were easy to navigate. The value for what the system has to offer is pretty amazing and they are continually adding new functionality and features.

Industry: Computer Software

Great product!

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Pros

Robust functionality exceeded our needs, awesome support team with great response times, and easy to roll out across the org for different teams to use.

Cons

No major critical feedback. We're happy with the service!

Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent LMS!

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

This is perhaps the best experience I've ever had with a new product roll out. The customer service is leaps and bounds over any other company I've ever worked with.

Pros

We love the ease of use and the clean UI. It was really simple to jump in and start setting up our portal and when we got hung up they offer tons of resources to help you out. On the off chance that I couldn't find the answer, the LU team has always quickly answered me and I don't believe I've waited over a few hours for an answer from them.

Cons

The certificates are a little wonky, but I've been assured they are working on an update for this feature.

Richard L.
Industry: Computer Software

LearnUpon is easy to use as an admin and easy to imp0lement

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Easiest LMS I have used to implement and manage.

Pros

I tested several LMS' based on my requirements. The main thing I wanted to see if I could setup content and courses in each without having to dig into the user guide. I found once I figured out were to go for what I wanted to do the setup was easy.

The SAML SSO integration was fairly easy and support was very attentive.

Our Customer Success Specialist has been very helpful and provided a great plan for us to get started. I should have taken advantage of this resource more.

They are in Ireland and we are in California, but you would never even know that when you contact support, they have been very responsive. Even if they did not have the answer they got back quickly to let me know they would get the answer.

Cons

The SSO Integrations was easy, but we are seeing issues with the enrollments not properly being assigned. It is hard to diagnose if this is from our end or LU.

I have noticed a few issues where users are enrolled in learning paths or courses and their dashboard will not display the content.

When you make updates to content (videos or assessments) I have seen a few occasions when the user is supposed to have to re-take the test or course and they cannot. Essentially they are stuck. In fairness, the setup I did caused this issue, but when it was adjusted they were still stuck.

Reports are limited. I really need a monthly Users report, but it does not reside in reports. I have to actually export the Users list, then user Excel to sort and filter. I feel this should be this cannot be a simple automated report.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jason S.
Industry: Education Management

Hands down the ONLY Learning Management System to consider

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

Customer Service, Customer Service, Customer Service. This company never ceases to amaze me when it comes to the hands-on approach they take to customer service. You are assigned a customer success manager from day one, and that individual walks you through the entire process. For us, it was the process of switching from one provider to LearnUpon, and my CSM (Sam) made the process extremely easy. If there is ever a tech issue their tech support help desk is fast to come to the rescue and they treat your issues as seriously as you do.

Pros

This LMS is very user-friendly both from the management side and the learner side. It is visually pleasing to look at, and you don't have to have any coding experience to customize the content and environment to fit your customer's needs and brands.

Cons

If I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find something I didn't like I would say that on occasion there is a "click" too many in a process of creating a course or assessment. With that being said, I have been with LearnUpon now for 2 years and they are constantly improving their platform and I have seen improvement in this area.

Heidi T.
Industry: Plastics

Excellent LMS and Even Better Customer Service!

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Our overall experience with LearnUpon has exceeded our expectations. They were able to provide a solution for our needs of requiring an LMS that we can scale for our global training - both in-house and for our customers.
What sets the company apart is their customer service. We have worked with other LMSs in the past and customer support and service has been a struggle. When starting with LearnUpon, we were given a Customer Success Manager who has been responsible for helping us beginning with implementation, all the way through launching a project, and for any daily questions that arise. Their team is responsive, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. I feel that their Customer Support team could teach a class on how to treat customers.

Pros

The LearnUpon interface is very user-friendly.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at this moment. Any issues that we have encountered have been quickly resolved and usually just a matter of educating ourselves on parts of the system.

Richard smith

The perfect LMS for commercial training companies

Reviewed on 10/11/2013

I highly recommend LearnUpon to any training company serious about providing its customers with a superb eLearning experience. We invested heavily in developing stunning eLearning content and needed an LMS to match. After six months of trialing countless different systems I was losing hope of finding one, then I discovered LearnUpon and haven't looked back.

I don't feel like I have just bought a product, I feel like I have entered into a partnership with a highly skilled, ambitious and professional team of LMS experts. They're a young, vibrant, ambitious team who definitely put their customers at the very centre of what they do. They understand that their customers aren't buying a system, they're buying a means for taking their eLearning products to market. I believe that you can only be as good as your worst supplier - since adopting the LearnUpon LMS our customers and their learners have gained much added value and overall a superb eLearning experience.

We use LearnUpon to provide direct access to our eLearning to end-users and we also provide our larger clients with a branded portal on the system so they can administer and manage their staff's access to our eLearning courses. It works perfectly in both cases.

Pros

Great customer portal functionality, with really smart branding and white labeling options
Intuitive, versatile, smart and affordable.
Really easy to use and maintain.

Cons

None. It does everything we need it to do and more. Our eLearning courses are relatively short (60-90 mins). I therefore cannot speak for how well it would work with heavier courses, although I see no reason why it wouldn't be just as good.

Gregory B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Learn Upon hits the mark!

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

It has been a very easy partnership. We were cautiously optimistic about the customer service during the sales process and have become raving fans post with our actual experience.

Pros

The tool is excellent and meets all the needs we identified in our acquisition process... but the customer support is what has made it a great decision.

Cons

Some of the intricacies of how the platform works... an example would be...building test questions in a test bank and pulling them into the course- 2 steps instead of just building the questions in the course. Customer support helped with items like this and helped us build out the process needed to be successful.

Sergey P.
Industry: Design

We trialed this solution with our client.

Reviewed on 30/03/2018

Excellent Learning Management System with Salesforce integration.

Pros

This software is easy to use and has all the features needed for medium-sized business to implement a learning management system. A killer feature is, to my opinion a Salesforce integration. Not many LMS have this.

Cons

The pricing was a bit prohibitive, and with our client we decided to choose a free option. After that our client plans to return to LearnUpon - after they battle-test everything and decide which features they really need.

Great features and support

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Amazing support

Pros

rich feature set and sophisticated look

Cons

Would like for an option to have default settings, rather than needing to select options for each course/resource

Lynette B.

Outstanding Learning Management System

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

LearnUpon has been our LMS for the past two years. There are many LMS choices on the market and deciding which system to select is never easy, but we simply couldn't have made a better choice when we selected LearnUpon. Navigating in the system is intuitive at all levels (student, instructor, and administrator). The system is reliable, flexible, and convenient .... and the LearnUpon staff delivers the highest quality of support and service! LearnUpon designs their courses and delivers service to ensure their customers' success. You simply couldn't ask for a better LMS partner and product!

Eve M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Learn upon has been been a great addition to our service and a breathe of fresh air.

Reviewed on 02/10/2017

The independence of uploading our own content that is copy protected. This is a big thing working in the NHS.

Pros

The functionality and ease of it is a great positive compared to our old package. The customer service is what is really a great sell for Learn upon. Regardless of the question the team is always so happy help and to send over any training material we need. I would recommend it to anyone and i am confident when using it now as i have had training from very patient trainers form learn upon.