Method CRM

4.1/5

90 Software options

Prone to Critical Errors, Only useful for small, simple businesses

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

Method CRM is a powerful platform for simple businesses. Their integration with Quickbooks makes accounting very easy for businesses looking to use Quickbooks - but if you're looking to build complex automation, be wary and confirm its ability to support your use case on a very granular level - Otherwise, you may find out too late. For custom apps, the development itself is not difficult, but if you do require a developer to complete the project, Method provides custom app development @ >$100/hour, which in my experience was over-priced.

Pros

Within the scope of their features, Method CRM provides a highly customizable experience - The UI of every page in your dashboard can be customized granularly, and building custom applications on the platform is limitless... If you know what you're doing.

Cons

First and foremost - Your Method instance BREAKS if you delete a custom lookup field. As long as you know not to delete anything, you'll be saved from this - but the fact that it's possible is frightening, not just in that you could lose your data, but also that Method CRM does not proactively warn you against it, or make obvious efforts to fix the problem or otherwise prevent it...
There are a few limitations within the features themselves that should be evaluated before purchase - The most notable, in my experience, was time-based automation. At the time of my implementation, there was no easy way to trigger process automation based on a certain time point.
These grievances may have been fixed by Method CRM by now, but I suggest bringing these questions up before making your decision.

SugarCRM, Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Method CRM

Integration with Quickbooks

Keap

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. Your feedback is very important to us and has been passed to our development team for further action.

David W.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

This was made for dummies

Reviewed on 01/09/2021

Pros

I found the total integration with QuickBooks was the best compared to other products I have looked at .

Cons

At this point in time I cannot find a fault worth mentioning

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for finding the time to leave a review, David!

Cherie H.
  • Industry: Market Research

For the Technology saavy users, must be advanced IMO

Reviewed on 27/02/2021

Good experience overall. Thei customer support and tutorials to help are excellent.

Pros

This program was very attractive from the demo and the support. It is VERY detailed with the tables and import/export options. I recommend if you get this program that you have a team that is similar to a programmer on the backend to help set up uniqie to your desires.

Cons

The set up is time consuming. There are way more options in the forms and table that one can ever use in a single entity. Our team is very techy and computer saavy and we still burned many hours over 2 weeks and 3 people setting up our company before launching to the sales team.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Method CRM

We needed more integrations and functions. But, Method is a bit too complicated. More than what we need.

Reasons for Switching to Method CRM

The support and demo were great. Also the price.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Cherie, thanks for your review. It's great to hear you're getting value out of Method:CRM. Please make sure to take advantage of our help center for all the resources you need to be successful with Method:CRM!

Jet L.

Powerful CRM platform

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

We are trying to implement a CRM tool to use with our existing Quickbooks system. Overall, the integration somehow works, however not as advertised as "magical" it would be.
Lots of customization effort has to be done to get it to where we want it to be.

Pros

Powerful and can be highly customized.
Covering almost all aspect of CRM and most from accounting.
Easy to use interface.
Basic plan price is reasonable.

Cons

Outlook integration app still requires a lot of touch up to be practical.
Customization works can be quite repetitive effort if you have multiple company entities that you would like to have similar customization.
Integration engine with Quickbook does not run well on RightNetworks platform. There is no true 24/7 real-time sync.
Prices per user could get very steep when you start subscribed to more modules.

Dynamics 365 and NetSuite

Dynamics 365 and NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Method CRM

Its advertisement on easy integration with Quickbooks.
Richard M.

Not a good fit for our organization

Reviewed on 11/09/2020

It looked like it had potential when we were switching from the free CiviCRM through our Wordpress website. But because of the bad experience of trying to customize it and have the same tracking ability as CiviCRM, I basically wasted 6-months fooling around with it. I compromised for a year and used a supplemental spreadsheet or two to track what I needed and that didn't work out too well. So we switched to a different CRM now that is a better fit for us.

Pros

I liked the low cost and the clean interface that all looked much nicer than what we had been using. I really liked how tightly it could integrate with QuickBooks Online which saved us a lot of time!

Cons

I had the hardest time importing our data from another database and the one hour support, was barely enough time to get anywhere. When I attempted to create custom fields for our donors, I found it very overwhelming and didn't have the time to invest in the training videos.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Richard, thanks for sharing your experience with us. This is the kind of feedback we need to keep improving our product. While our DIY customization isn't for everyone, we do offer a team of Business Solutions Specialists to our customers who are customization experts as well as unlimited, free customer support. Regardless, we are glad your team has found a tool that's right for you!

John C.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Product with some Customization

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Great client support, awesome response times and highly effective software and backup team.

Pros

Out of the box, Method needs some customization to perform. Once in place, this jewel keeps showing more ways to interject itself in the Admin process of your facility as well as excel in the marketing for new members.
We are moving our workflow for potential members into Method from another platform which has a higher learning curve for Board Members and users to learn.

Cons

The customization can get expensive. While the integration, for us, with QB was critical, it did require some work to fit our needs.

Response from Method Integration

Great to hear that Method has been working well for your team. Thank you for the review!

Brittney M.
  • Industry: Design

Organized and simple

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

I think its been great for our company and its so easy to use for anyone to catch on easy. Easy to send out sales order and emails.

Pros

I liked the activities because it helps remind me and holds me accountable to finish tasks.

Cons

Search bar seems to struggle sometimes finding companies/clients. Searching can be troublesome.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Brittney thanks for sharing your feedback! It's great to hear that Method:CRM is working well for your company.

Rosie A.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best integration with QBO and Gmail for Free Trial/Great Price

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

So far, Method has helped me develop my brand new business with processes that will not have to be duplicated or repeated or that will just be current placemarkers until I can begin the true process I want. I am filling in a database and learning the accounting necessary to make all quoting, selling, ordering, and invoicing steps seamless.
When I encountered a problem (I have a "tech curse".), she tested and found it occurred for her too. Then she used a different contact to troubleshoot, and the problem did not occur. She referred me to tech support; They helped me fix and work around. I really like that a Lead in Method can remain a lead forever, and it does not enter my Quickbooks until I make it a customer in Method. Undoing in Method is easy...not so easy in QBO.
My online encounters have been excellent with the Method staff.

Pros

I like the fact that I can integrate email, accounting, marketing and sales tracking, which is unparalleled for this price. Am still in free trial. 1-hour free customization is available - I will use it; have not yet. Method is somewhat intuitive. Support sessions answer questions where it is not clear. When an invoice is emailed it is copied to my own email address. Everything that is sent from the system is halted by a review screen asking "do you really want to send this?" I have caught myself in more than one error or case where I needed to re-word something. The 30 minute support sessions assign each customer a dedicated person saving time on subsequent sessions as there is no re-hashing of former details. Tech sessions are set on a self-serve calendar. When reserving time, customer also enters a list of items to be addressed. At the correct time all parties log in to Go to Meeting, and it is very efficient. My dedicated contact is excellent. And, a bonus - invoice emails state they are from my business in subject line so they are not lost.

Cons

I do not like that many of the areas I hope to use will cost more money. However, the seamless integration with QBO and the ability to track clients and maintain only one synched database outweighs any of the current pricing I am seeing. I have not been able to figure out where an email generated in Method is stored for future reference. I am sure one of the customer sessions will help me. I also do not like that the word estimate is what I have to use instead of quote.

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are glad that our integration with QuickBooks is meeting your needs and helping your business. Feel free to book your free customization session with our team to do even more with Method:CRM.

Jessica F.

Wonderful system for tracking sales and prompts customer support!

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

Pros

The software allows me to tract every stage that a prospect is in, which makes it easy to report to my boss about deals and new projects. I love the Activity follow ups because it helps plan out who and when I need to be reaching back out to people. The reporting is very easy to pull and self explanatory when boss's are checking in on it.

Cons

I would like for their to be a way to talley the amount of the proposal on the reporting. It's easy for the sales person and owners to see how much is closed and is in the pipeline.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Jessica, thanks for reviewing Method:CRM. The sales pipeline features and activity tracking are great tools so I'm glad to hear you're experiencing their benefits. I'll be sure to pass along your product suggestion to our team, as we're always looking to make it even easier to manage and grow a small business. Thanks again, Lynda

Emily W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

I spent two weeks on the free trial. This was enough to let me know if was not a good fit.

Reviewed on 09/04/2018

If you had the time and knowledge to program this software, it could really be incredible. I think the software was just far more than my small company needed, so it just wasn't a great fit.

Pros

This software is POWERFUL. Wow. It can be totally customized to your needs, which would be incredible for someone in a very specific industry.

Cons

I did not have near the experience in programming needed to make this software work for my purposes. I found that the canned CRM systems (where the programming and forms are already set up) were a much better fit with FAR less work and time in set up.

Maria Y.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great CRM Software for your Businesses

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

Great customer service
Great CRM is easy to use for every level in your company
Sync your emails, save time

Pros

I really enjoy having tools that would make my job organized, dynamic and up to the flow of my customer needs. I really enjoy this CRM!

Cons

Every feature is well designed from database to opportunities.

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for your feedback and we're glad to hear you're enjoying Method:CRM!

John K.

Method to QB Desktop Pro issues

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

We were trying to get more users for QB Desktop Pro and get cloud access. We cancelled Method and bought multi user QB.

Pros

This product does integrate with QB, and allows you cloud access to an otherwise noncloud QB file. It has many powerful customizable features, including a powerful new template designer.

Cons

Customization of the software requires significant technical knowledge and is not for the average user whose business is something other than software customization. If you internet connection is slow, Method is almost nonfunctional. Integration with QB Desktop Pro plus a slow internet connection put some of our transactions such as recieving payments into the most impossible gridlocks.

Tyler W.

Seamless transition

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Pros

We are particularly impressed by the ease of use and adaptation throughout our organization while implementing Method CRM. The QB sync function allows us to work proficiently from anywhere.

Support is Top Notch.

Cons

Each person has their "wish it did this list" to increase efficiency accommodate their own personal style of working. No show stoppers and at this point and we are trimming down that list weekly.

Response from Method Integration

Thanks for the review, Tyler! That's great to hear that your team is adopting Method:CRM and getting help from our team. Be sure to check out the customization capabilities for further efficiency gains. Thanks again, Lynda

• Industry: Accounting

Your data is not safe with Method. They deleted our data twice forcing us to rebuild from...

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Pros

Ability to customize application. However, features are a moot point for a foreign, cloud-based company that accidentally and irretrievably deletes your data multiple times.

Response from Method Integration

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this. When a subscription gets canceled due to non-payment, or any other reason, you may be able to request a restore. Here's a full article on our help center: https://www.method.me/help/34636-method-faq/304564#how-does-an-account-get-cancelled. Please contact us directly to see how we can help out, and get your account back up and running.

Megan F.

Very user friendly and great for every-day use!

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

tracking sales leads, generating reports for internal sales teams

Pros

I love how there is a live chat option built directly into the main page (you don't always have to go digging for help). It's user friendly and simple to figure out. The customization options are also ideal!

Cons

Would like a little more options for the basic package (seeing invoice history, setting opportunities, for example). Also assigning a currency to new customers would be helpful.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Megan, thanks for your review of Method:CRM. I'll pass along your feedback to the team as we're always looking to further improve our offerings. Thanks again, Lynda

Donny C.

Stay Away from Method

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Anyone looking for a crm system for their business please stay away from Method CRM. Worse CRM on the market. We chose it because it was Canadian and its supposed to sync with our system quickbooks. Thousands of of dollars later in implementation and it's still not good. Please if you or your team or friends are looking please steer away from Method CRM you will thank you me .
They only want to help if you pay we spent 21 k in implementation and our syncs are not syncing properly and it's not right. Not at all happy with it. My staff and it department are doing extra work to fix things in quickbooks and costing our company even more money.

Pros

the best part of of Method is that it syncs with Quick books

Cons

the support, and the accountability if they are in the wrong. they point fingers at the client if they have issues with the syncing.

Robin H.

Method CRM and QuickBooks

Reviewed on 22/08/2013

I have been consulting on QuickBooks for about 15 years. The more that I consult with clients on QuickBooks, the more that I am finding that I need to let QuickBooks do the accounting and other systems do the business work flow. Method CRM allows me to bring the whole package to my clients.
When we started introducing Method CRM to our clients, it really opened their eyes to being able to have integrated systems and not having to duplicate their efforts. Method CRM has a flawless two way sync engine that will update the customer information in either system. With this we have been able to tailor the system for the things that their employees needed to see. Being able to customize Method CRM has opened doors for us that were impossible to do just with QuickBooks alone. QuickBooks along with Method CRM is definitely a winning combination.
It is amazing how we can help our clients with all of their business needs.

Jack B.

Database Platform Unreliable, CRM based on it Very Cool

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

WE had to let it go and find something else after extensive 'degradation' of what we had already finished.

Pros

Their comprehensive approach to CRM was very cool and helpful. They focused on actions and resulting actions for every contact update. Their customization, including their DB engine was a big selling point.

Cons

Half of everything we painstakingly made in the DB basically fell apart after it was tested and tweaked. It was very hard to navigate, requiring extensive videos and documentation.

Eric C.

We've enjoyed getting more organized and intentional in our lead follow up.

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

lead followup

Pros

I like that it's cloud based, customizable, QB integrated, and has quick helpful customer support via CHAT

Cons

Sometimes a little wonky just trying to enter a simple quick note on a file but you get used to it...

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for reviewing Method:CRM, Eric. It's great to know your business is becoming more intentional with your lead follow-ups. I'm sure this is going to help you close more sales.
Thanks again
Lynda

Jeremy C.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used for 6-12 months

terrible

Reviewed on 07/06/2018

None, actually

Pros

low sticker price, and they say 'yes' to everything you want. However, when you actually get started you realize how rigid the system is and how cumbersome the customization process is. They expect you to become a developer, or pay they a premium. I would STAY AWAY

Cons

extremely difficult to customize, and expensive. They charge your huge fees for hours and end up charging more to correct mistakes. Customization process takes ages. They are cocky and rude to clients who want the software to do more than their limited abilities.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Jeremy, I'm sorry you feel your experience with our team has been anything but positive. We strive to provide world-class service to all customers. I've passed along your feedback to the team who will be reaching out to rectify your experience.

Aaron G.
  • Industry: Nanotechnology

CRM for client Engagement

Reviewed on 02/04/2021

All interactions were outstanding, even if I didn't like the answer quite professional

Pros

Method was straight forward to setup and integrate with Quickbooks.

Cons

I can bill my customer but have to pay to have an integration for allowing my customer to repurchase the same product. Unable to find an integration with another storefront

Response from Method Integration

Hi Aaron, thanks for taking to the time to leave us this feedback. If you let us know which integration you're looking for we might be able to make something happen for you. Our online portals may also do the trick!

Mega T.

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Thanks to the Method team!

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Pros

The Method team has been so helpful in our transition to this CRM software. They have helped to streamline our business!

Cons

There are a lot of customization limitations that you can't do yourself but the Method team is responsive when you need something outside your expertise.

Chitta ranjan D.

Excellent CRM to customize with Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 07/01/2019

I have been using this CRM from last 3 years for one of our lead generation project. Initially, it took time to customize, with the help of developer we customize this as per our requirement. And after that till date, we never faced any major issues.

Pros

This is one of the best CRM that works well with QuickBooks. You can take the help of your in-house developers or the support team to customize the CRM based on your requirement. They have an excellent support team to resolve any minor issues that you face during customization. They provide a wide range of features with great navigation. You can customize and create multiple reports as per requirement. Overall a great CRM tool I would recommend to all.

Cons

Though customization is one of its great features still you need some good developer to do this. You can take the help of their team to customize for you but again it's very expensive.

Lisa S.
  • Industry: Building Materials

This Could be Perfect....

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

I can set reminders that actually work with Method. We have been able to set up cases for issues with deliveries, shortages, and materials. Then we can follow the process of a customer return or an issue that needs to be resolved more easily.

Pros

I love the integration with Outlook. I love the ability to keep a record of each activity and opportunities. Being able to customize things has been great for our company.

Cons

This is a great product, except it does not have a place on a customer to make notes specific to a person or to save files. Each company has a price sheet. I can only attach things to activities. I cannot go through every activity to find customer specific files. Please add a feature to pin files or attach files to a contact. A place for contact specific notes would be awesome too! There is also not an easy way to go back to an opportunity from an activity. You can click to go to the Estimate when an activity is on the Estimate, so why would it not work that way for an Opportunity?