• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

It handles the traffic and looks great

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Pros

I love how easy it is to embed video hosted on Brightcove in our website or resource center. We pull video directly from brightcove into streams in uberflip, and it requires no work beyond the initial setup. I really appreciate all of the options in players as well, from adding logos, skins, playback options, etc., it's easy to customize. Video is such an important part of our business, Brightcove is also by extension!

Cons

This is totally on my organization and not on Brightcove, but we have a lot of users in our instance. These users have caused issues by changing things in Brightcove, which cause issues on our website or on our resource center. I have not figured out how to, or if it is possible to, approve/deny changes made to videos before they are published.

• Industry: Events Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easiest video platform ever

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Pros

I use Brightcove daily as a Digital Production Manager. The entire interface is intuitive and user-friendly, from uploading videos to creating playlists to manipulating players. Their gallery players are my favorite aspect because it layouts playlists in a clean, modern player and easy to integrate into landing pages. Also their customer support is top-notch. When I have trouble with customizing a player or troubleshooting why a set of them weren't working on my webpages, their engineers provided quick, thorough support.

Cons

What I like least is the limited analytics available. Most often than not, our clients want to know how many unique views they received or how many people viewed the video at specific time markers. Brightcove, unfortunately, doesn't supply this data.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Brightcove gives all of our video content a good home

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Pros

My favorite thing about Brightcove is the social functionality that allows me to publish videos to Youtube, Twitter, and other platforms. I don't have to export video and import it elsewhere. It makes sharing simple.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Brightcove has to do with our users who upload duplicate content, or who don't use proper tags. We have thousands of videos, one video can be in 20+ languages, and when users aren't adding them in a uniform manner, searching them can be a real hassle.

• Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Amazing solution to upload and track video marketing metrics

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Overall I have had a very positive experience and Brightcove as a product has really exceeded my expectations as far as user interface, video uploading process, reporting by individual video content and metrics sharing and exporting.

Pros

The ability to quickly and efficiently upload larger video files and mp4 files, create a video library and copy video embed code that content can be leveraged and published across other platforms. It is a very modernized and robust solution that stands out from similar tools in the market.

Cons

The ability to customize user permission and settings is something that I would like to see improved. I would like to have the ability to create customized permissions based on roles like marketing, content creator and admin roles.

Kyley shinead E.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Used to host videos on website.

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Pros

Simple website hosting of videos. Video is a big part of modern websites so a tool that lets you host your videos (without a logo watermark) is useful.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

It's no YouTube

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

I would much rather convince our organization to swap over to exclusively use YouTube for all of our video needs, but there is still some value to be had from using Brightcove if you aren't ready/willing to go all in on YouTube.

Pros

It does a decent job at getting the analytics you need, if you're patient enough to wait for who knows how long to get the information back. You're not going to forget about YouTube, but there is still some value to be had from Brightcove.

Cons

The reporting isn't super flexible, robust, or timely. It could definitely be because of the way our organization has implemented Brightcove, but it's not uncommon to wait 10+ minutes for a simple report to see how many views a couple videos have received.

• Industry: Publishing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

We're finally able to publish to a website, as well as social media platforms.

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

It's great to be able to publish to a website, as well as social media platforms. We used to have to use several programs/platforms, but Brightcove helps eliminate extra steps.

Cons

Everything is great, until you need to search for a video. Unless you know the exact tags you've used, good luck!

James B.

Mixed feelings

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Pros

Robust, easy to use system, very good for hosting and managing on-demand video. API useful for advanced integrations

Cons

Support is appalling / almost non-existent. Feature enhancements come at a slow pace and the good ones tend to be at extra cost

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great video hosting platform

Reviewed on 01/06/2018

Pros

We really liked having a secure place to store video files. It's a nice professional way to share videos.

Cons

Embedding on third party sites an be a drag. It also doesn't have native integrations with other big platforms like HubSpot. Wistia which is another great platform does.

Christina M.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Brightcove Review

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

It functions very well.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality -- great for internal communications with password protection for all employees

Julien C.

Reviewed on 23/08/2017

Tanner L.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good video management platform that could use better reporting

Reviewed on 05/03/2018

Pros

Easy to use video hosting platform. Many upload customization options, and a great one-click landing page option. Easy to implement on landing pages and track within playlists.

Cons

Reporting methods are hard to get video-to-video comparison reports without using workarounds that involve a ton of manual work.

John S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Generally positive, but a bit finicky at times.

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

Pros

I would view this as a barebones solution. It does what it needs to, gives you what you need and what you ask. They have made big improvements with their new client, but there must be better out there.

Cons

I can live with the slow server speed and awkward interface, but oh my god the search feature is unforgivable.