Google Workspace Reviews

Google Workspace

4.7 (15,373)
Write a Review!
Collaboration app suite for teams

(15,373)
4.3/5

Mohammed
Mohammed
  • Industry: Higher Education

Google Workspace is a life-saver for all our collaboration and communication needs

Reviewed on 28/08/2022

Since the rise of the COVID pandemic, our school's functioning was stopped completely and the students were facing severe education loss. However, we found Google Workspace, an all-in-one tool for our organization in terms of all aspects including colleague communication, student-teacher communication, file storage, online exams and many more! Hence, we bought Google Workspace and were amazed by its unlimited functionality and integrations. Overall, it is the best platform for collaboration with eye-catching features.

Pros

Google Workspace is an easy and effective tool to connect and collaborate with my students and colleagues without any hassles. It has various platforms like Google Chat and Gmail for efficient communication. It also has Google Meet for simple and high-quality video calls and online classes. It has a range of affordable pricing plans which offer from 30GB to 5TB and even a plan that offers unlimited storage option. Various features of Google Drive like file sharing and commenting makes it an amazing tool for storage and collaboration. There are various other things that come with Google Workspace. Google Docs offers cloud document creation, Google Sheets helps in storing students' marks, Google Forms helps in creating online tests and grading and Google Classroom helps in virtualizing all of our classes with many amazing features. It is cost-efficient and the most productive tool that you'll ever need for collaboration, teamwork and storage.

Cons

From the perspective of an educational institution, I would recommend adding more features like attendance and live student monitoring in Google Classroom. Also, in Google Drive, I would love the ability of creating multiple sharing links for a file.

WPS Office

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Microsoft 365 was working well before the COVID pandemic but after the pandemic, we had to switch to Google Workspace as Microsoft 365 it was lacking many tools like Google Classroom from an educational institute's perspective. Hence, we switched from Microsoft 365 to Google Workspace.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

There weren't much features in WPS Office and the cost was not worth the product. On the contrary, Google Workspace offered many more features at an affordable price. Hence, we choose Google Workspace.
Austin

Best Software For Business Management

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Pros

I love how everything is incorporated into one from my calendar to my collaboration meetings and emails, it has definitely helped me keep my business organized

Cons

no cons that I can think of I absolutely love it

Annalisa
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

GSuite Makes Process Collaboration Easy

Reviewed on 22/05/2019

That being said, overall, GSuite is one of the most-used tools by me. I work with data sets, creative projects, photos, and more as a Social Media Coordinator and Admin. My joint-role means I'm working on a lot of different kinds of projects, and my fast-paced timelines means the consolidation of tools in one place makes G Suite super appealing and efficient. Highly recommend.

Pros

It's so easy to collaborate with GSuite. Just this week we kicked-off a complete overhaul of our processes due to retiring staff, and desire for standardization. I'll focus on Team Drives, and document sharing:
-With GSuite, we set up a Team Drive that all staff have access to. It's easy to find when you click Drive, right there under your personal drive.
-Using Gsuite allowed not only our manager, but also staff, to create folders as buckets of processes. For example, we use Slate, and an older CRM system, Banner, which each have wildly different levels of technical execution, but are used at the same time. Our staff just dumped a bunch of individual processes which we can now view, edit, and share back as the standardization process continues.
-Easy to see who made edits, and when. So, if we have a question about a process line, we'll simply look to the edit, and can easily track and clarify questions.
-GSuite does, however, have an incredible range of tools, which are all equally visible, editable, and sharable. One of the most values tools I use at work.

Cons

There are only a few cons about GSuite.
-In Google Sheets in GSuite, the organization and visual user interface is not optimal. Because whatever was just edited shows up at the top, there's no way to predict a good method of searching for documents.
-GSuite in general has this issue with visual user interface among projects, including Sheets

Radek
  • Industry: Entertainment

Efficiency and Collaboration with Google Workspace

Reviewed on 07/03/2024

Overall, Google Workspace has significantly streamlined our workflows, fostering collaboration and efficiency within our team, though occasional limitations in features are noted, the benefits outweigh these minor drawbacks.

Pros

Seamless integration of tools, particularly the real-time collaboration features and ample storage, enhances productivity and teamwork.

Cons

Some features, like advanced data analysis or complex formatting options, may be lacking compared to standalone software solutions.

Christina
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The all-in-one solution for medium and small businesses

Reviewed on 29/04/2024

Pros

It is super simple to setup and provides an amazing end-user and admin experience from the initial setup - to using it day-to-day.

Cons

It can feel basic and limiting at times when you need to do advanced tasks.

Thomas
  • Industry: Online Media

Productivity powerhouse

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Pros

Almost everything I do online through documents go through Google workspace. It’s my easiest option.

Cons

There’s a lot in there. But once you find what works for you it gets easier.

Krystal

Love Google Workspace

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Pros

I love that it has so much I need to run my business. It's easy to use, inexpensive, and works well.

Cons

I don't dislike anything about it. Maybe an annual fee instead of monthly?

Sam

Overall a good product

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Pros

Have been using it for a long time and like the UI, easy of use, and support.

Cons

No cons as such but I don't use all the products available in the suite.

Sabryna
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Sabryna's Review

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Excellent experience. Super easy to use.

Excellent experience. Super easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use. Helps me better manage my work emails. No difficulty using on a weekly basis

Cons

There is nothing i don't dislike. Everything is simple and quick

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Google work space review

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Pros

- Easy file sharing
- Easy communication between team members
- Easy to use it's not complex

Cons

- battery or charge consumption is higher

Everything in one place

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

G Suite helps us stay organized by having every file, spreadsheet, asset, email, etc accessible from one platform on both desktop and mobile. It makes doing business on the go as easy as sitting in the office.

Pros

It makes storing, sharing, and viewing information very easy. Everything is stored and accessed in one place, from email to calendars to spreadsheets and other files. G Suite keeps our company organized and secure with Google Cloud and mobile accessible apps.

Cons

Customer service is not the best. Even getting in touch with a live human tends to feel like a robot, as they tend to give canned responses and simply restate what is found on the FAQ and support pages.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Ease of use, integration, cloud storage

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

G Suite had more features and was easier to scale as our company expanded.
Bryan

Best option for a school or non-profit to share and collaborate in an office environment

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Gsuite has a minimal cost for us, and it allows us to collaborate within our organization and with all of our customers as well.

Pros

Our organization wouldn't be the same without a tool like Gsuite. Most school districts use Gsuite because it is a free service. We can share and collaborate on just about any kind of document. 90% of our employees do most of their daily job within Gsuite. GSuite also connects to hundreds of 3rd party apps and it can be used as your centralized user database.

Cons

Enterprise security measures are not a top priority. Google is constantly improving this concern, but I believe Microsoft addresses these concerns better than Google.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

All web based solution, and it is updated constantly to add new features.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Gsuite is a free product for schools.
Aaron

G Suite is powerful, flexible, and customizable; but clumsy and unintuitive

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

I use G Suite primarily to host my business domain's e-mail via Gmail; however I rarely use the Gmail interface directly as I use a local email client. A number of my clients use G Suite for nearly all their office needs - including email, Google Apps, and Google Drive - but not a single client is truly happy with what G Suite has to offer.

Pros

G Suite is extremely comprehensive, providing everything from e-mail (Gmail) to cloud storage (Google Drive) to office applications (Docs, Sheets and Slides). An organization can effectively use G Suite for nearly all of one's offices needs. G Suite has fantastic collaboration tools - especially when multiple people are working on the same document. In addition, G Suite's admin console allows for some impressive tweaks and customizations.

Cons

G Suite's interface is beyond clunky, especially when it comes to the Google Apps side of things. Using a web browser to work on a spreadsheet (Google Sheets) can be a lesson in frustration, as a good chunk of the interface is taken up by not only the web browsers interface, but various unnecessary items within the Google Apps interface. In addition, delving into any of G Suite's backend settings will take you down a rabbit hole of complexity and confusion.

Dropbox Business and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

G Suite is overall less expensive than Office 365, and also has fantastic non-profit pricing (as in, it's free for your entire organization). With that being said, I have used Office 365 with other clients who choose not to use G Suite; and many clients use G Suite in addition to Dropbox for cloud storage.

All in one solution for new companies

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

There is hardly any other tool that offers this much at this price. Google Drive and all its document creation features are essentially a must in any modern company, and the only other option is Office 365 which is still miles away due to their late online adoption and unreasonable price. And it comes attached with the de-facto email manager and a calendar that works out of the vox in almost any android device.
The value for money is very competitive.

Pros

GSuite is a plug and play set of productivity tools for virtually any company but specially but starting companies (as early choices may have large impacts down the road). If you're looking into having your email account set up with your domain name, this is the way to go as it works seamlessly to provide a gmail account in that domain (little configuration). Plus, along comes a calendar, video-calls, cloud space for files, and a suite of document creation tools (docs, sheets, slides, etc). Since all of these are very connected with each other, this was a no-brainer choice and very powerful for startups.

Cons

Google created an amazing product by just stiching several of its already existing products and making them work together really well, but beyond that (which is already a lot) there is little else. For example, it's just normal that people enter and leave a company, and the support for forwarding emails or managing these "old accounts" is limited. Other specific functionalities are also limited or a bit too complicated in comparison with the rest of the suite, like managing rooms, creating email lists, or controlling permissions.
Also, one misses a Slack-like functionality. Where is google's version of slack? It could so easily be integrated in Gsuite.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Cheaper, and has many more functionality attached to it, like the email, calendar, drive, device management, etc.
Eddie

Best enterprise productivity essential tools and extremely cost effective

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Outstanding. Spend less time doing repetitive tasks and much of manual tasks are automated so I can spend more time working rather than managing to-do lists and setting up meetings in calendars.

Pros

The connective tissue between all applications of Google Sheets, Google Keep, Drive, Meet, all integrate very nicely together to optimize for productivity. Calendars integrate with the mail seamlessly and most applications now have an easy widget to download to Google Calendar, saving time manually entering event data.

Cons

Google Meet has improved a lot, but Zoom is still a more stable video platform in my opinion. Zoom seems to have fewer glitches when internet becomes an issue.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Microsoft 365 is expensive, harder to use, harder to collaborate, requires a lot of memory to install, and doesn't innovate as frequently.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

More cost effective, easier collaboration.
Shaunak
Shaunak

Now google services enabled for enterprise.

Reviewed on 08/09/2022

I and my teammates have used Gmail and google applications since childhood, let it be Google Drive for cloud storage or sheets for excel files, and so on. We are always addicted to the simplicity which google brings in for end customers like me. Earlier we used GSuite for that and recently it has been renamed workspace. My college also used Google Workspace and provided us with email on their domain with unlimited drive storage. Earlier emails were used to sign in to Google Chat, which is not inbuilt and many new features have been introduced, like status of being available, busy or away.

Pros

I know pretty much all people will agree with my point that we always wanted to use professional and personal email in GMAIL, and now with Google Workspace that is possible right?
I love the ease of working with an inbox of Gmail, much more than Outlook or any other enterprise-level mail client. Now with Google Workspace, administrators can host an email server on google and enable our favorite Gmail with a custom domain. There are various plans which allow up to unlimited data storage in drives with the most loved Google SSO. For those who don't know SSO, it is a service of Google that enable users to use all google applications like sheets, docs, drive, email, spreadsheets, etc via a single email id. Google Workspace was formerly known as G-Suite also. So if you use a chrome web browser, all applications will get auto-authenticated from the profile used in sync.

Cons

There are no cons, Google is working and developing their suite rapidly as compared to Microsoft, so we are okay with little hiccups. But they should provide some free tiers as well, for small-scale industries, this will bring more business to them because habit is the strongest key to customer acquisition. I belive if you use their services once, there is no going back. But for that there should be some trial or free subscriptions with limited usage, so that people can try.

OneDrive and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

As I mentioned many times, I have been using Google's Gmail since childhood, if professional email can be used in Google services, then I would love be in same sync, this is why recommended GSuite (Now called Google Workspace)
Rendel Anne

A Tool for Effective Collaboration Platform

Reviewed on 18/12/2022

Overall, using this service to store documents is helpful. Less so for anything more difficult because you'll have to handle everything on your own and won't be able to rely on the system to help you locate, store, and retrieve documents.

Pros

The simplicity of collaboration, the features it offers, the untapped potential, the support for actual collaboration services, the freedom of movement and accessibility to services from any location at any time.

Cons

Due to the large number of product variations, customers may be confused about the pricing and feel that they are not receiving value for their money. Additionally, the ability to upload and save files Less storage space is available for free. By raising the maximum number of files that can be saved during free trials, this quality must be added.

Mi

Google Workspace Allows us to Work with Folks Across the State

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Has been working for us for years. We are a team of 10 that work with folks across the state in various roles. We've used other platforms and Google Workspace has been the easiest.

Pros

It allows our team, our collaborators, and partners access to anything even though we are located across the state. We can easily create and share files and link to other platforms for easy access. Its intuitive so even less tech saavy folks pick up using the workspace.

Cons

There isn't something I particularly don't like.

Trello, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Sharepoint always had issues with access and file sharing. Plus its just not as used and harder to navigate.

Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Because of how easy it was to set up and use and link with other platforms.
Michelle
Michelle

It's So Easy To Use You Feel Bad For Using It

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Almost every business I have worked with over the last ten years or so has been rooted in Google Suite products, from advertising to basic internal communication. Over the years I've become extremely familiar with Chrome, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive, AdWords, AdSense, scripting automation, Maps, Earth, YouTube, Chromecast, Analytics, Waze, Calendar, Android, Keep, Slides... and I'm pretty sure there are more that ought to be on the list, but the point is there is a Google version of almost everything I need to do. I was an early adopter of Microsoft's original OLE (object linking and embedding) that allowed you to be able to manage your data in one place (the database) and have changes reflected everywhere the data was used - Word Docs, Excel spreadsheets, Project reports and so on. G-Suite is like Office on steroids mixed with a little free 'crack' to keep you coming back - because they keep adding new functionality and it almost never costs the user a dime... as long as you don't mind being the commodity.

Pros

There's no getting around the fact that the single most compelling reason to use the Google suite of business apps is that they are free for the average user. Gmail itself is ubiquitous, so no matter what group you work with - room mothers, band members, co-workers, volunteers - anyone with internet access either has, or can easily create, a Gmail address and boom - you're all part of a system that is easy to control. Sharing documents with Google Drive is way better than clogging up someone's email sending them file attachments. You can even share files with people you don't know - got a downloadable product you want to sell and don't have the time or the money to set up a full-fledged store? Include a secure link in a shared Google Drive file in an email or on a web page or even in a receipt. It's so easy you feel like you cheated.

Another reason for using the Google Suite of products is that no matter what aspect of the G-Suite you are digging into, there will be a LOT of info out on the internet about how to get the most out of it. YouTube, Adwords scripts, spreadsheet automation, data reporting, maps to your business location, photo management and sharing, translating documents, managing your money, operating a classroom, casting web content to your TV... the list is extensive, and so are the online resources - videos and articles by users abound.

Cons

One drawback to using this software is that it's unequivocally connected to YOU. Google Maps knows where you are if you have it installed on a phone. Every single IP address used to access any part of the Google universe is logged. Google code is in everything, all over the place. It's a little big-brother-feeling. That's the trade-off. You get all their software for free, but you give up your anonymity.

Gerard
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

G Suite Review

Reviewed on 27/01/2019

G Suite helps my team to be much more productive than the way they were before implementing G Suite. We can use the Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts, and Google Drive apps to manage the business' contacts lists as well as email campaigns. Gmail helps communication between my team, our existing clients, and potential clients. The Calendar helps my team and me to plan meetings and manage calls. G Drive helps me to organize all of my documents. Maps has been indispensable when planning out the routes for face to face meetings with clients. Every aspect of the G Suite helps my business run efficiently and effectively.

Pros

Everything about G Suite has been extremely helpful. It is an absolutely amazing set of apps which can help run any business. I've used Gmail for several years and it is easy and reliable. On top of being easy to use, I've had virtually no problems at all other than forgetting my own password; however, that was quickly resolved. Google Calendar is a calendar app, and in my opinion definitely one of the most useful and comprehensive calendar apps out there. I have been able to organize events by color and have even gone so far as to share my calendar with the others in your G Suite, which has made it extremely easy to schedule meetings and conference calls with my staff. As if that weren't enough, G Suite even has iOS apps that can be used on your iPad and iPhone, which happen to be essential tools in my line of work.

Cons

I found it a little difficult to import my phone contacts to the Gmail app using automatic sync. I just manually enter them, which in my case, is actually beneficial as I'm able to edit irrelevant contacts and relevant contacts.

Bhavin
Bhavin

Highly productive office suite

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Overall it’s a highly productive office suite that helps you focus on work with negligible learning curve.

Pros

G Suite is the best, productive and Possibly the cheapest cloud office suite out there. The best part of this tool is that it gets out of your way and helps you focus on task and not so much on figuring out how to use various menu options and what not. Everything that you need in the email suite along with office tools and customized domains is all in there for a super cheap price.

Cons

While the g suite is great on productivity there is heavy reliance on 3rd part plugins to add more functionality. My only wish is to have some of those tools readily available from within and not outside parties.

Braden
  • Industry: Machinery

Great Platform if you're All Google

Reviewed on 09/08/2022

Overall, Google Workspace is a great platform. I definitely believe it is arguably the most ideal platform for small business owners, people who need to "where multiple hats" managing numerous different business functions and controls all in one place! For the money, (approx $6/month to start) you can't beat the suite of features you get.

Pros

Google Workspace overall has strong feature and functionality. You can control literally every aspect of your business from email, to document sharing, to DNS management and plenty more. Everything is relatively easy to deploy and all gets managed from a central Google Admin hub. The email platform itself is literally just gmail, which makes it incredibly easy to implement and train any new employees.

Cons

In comparison to some of its competitors, the gmail conversation-style organization can be confusing. I still haven't quite got a grip on how the formula works, but have been challenged to find the most recent email in a chain (especially long chains) because it doesn't always organize by most recent. Additionally, it will expand certain emails within a chain, but leave others condensed which doesn't help in trying to locate the most recent.

Additionally, one other feature that is missing is the ability to assign priority to your emails. For example, in Outlook you can label an outgoing message "Highly Important"-in gmail you cannot do this.

Microsoft Outlook
Sarah
Sarah

Dangerously Powerful

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

For solopenuers and smaller companies, just the drive, docs, sheets, slides, meet, and enhanced gmail and cloud functions should be enough to encourage and enhance collaborations from home to office to on the road (or wherever you need or happen to be). Secure cloud storage, reliable (always, always, always,) reliable secure backup/restore, and seamless, intuitively assisted integrations between platforms make this suite of tools a mecca of ease and efficiency. Your content isn't just where you expect it to be...it's also wherever else it knows you needed it to be. Careful you don't swim too far from shore though, there's no lifeguards on duty.

Pros

Using Google Workplace (formerly G-Suite, which is how I first knew it) is like never having to worry about "losing your_____ anything" ever again. Think Radar from Mash+JARVIS from Iron Man+MoneyPenny from Bond+ your best self and your conscience mixed together. All your stuff is where you need it, where you want it, and reminding you that's it there, but it could also be over here---and POOF, it's just there. No downloading, uploading, saving file as, flash drives, forgotten, mistaken, but it was right there. You don't have to do anything and it's not just still securely and reliably where it should be...but it's also wherever else you needed it to be...before you knew you needed it there.

Cons

Google Workspace is like a swiss army knife of productivity, but if you're not careful it can start to feel like you've fallen down the rabbit hole instead. There are just SO MANY options, features, integrations, and possibilities that it could lead to a lot of wasted time as well. Because it's so fabulous and feature rich you want to push it to all its possibilities, and see fully what it could do for you even more and even better...but Google Workplace doesn't really have a line between the shallow end and the deep end so to speak. Most average users can end up in over their head REALLY fast.

Wilson
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The Ultimate Solution for Efficient Collaboration: A Detailed Review of Google Workspace...

Reviewed on 09/04/2023

Collaboration: Google Workspace offers real-time collaboration tools that make it easy for team members to work together on projects, regardless of their location. This can help improve communication, increase productivity, and streamline workflows.Communication: Google Workspace offers a suite of communication tools, such as Gmail, Google Meet, and Chat, that make it easy to stay in touch with team members, clients, and partners. This can help improve communication and reduce misunderstandings.Productivity: Google Workspace offers a suite of productivity tools, such as Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, that can help teams work more efficiently and get more done in less time.Organization: Google Workspace offers tools such as Google Drive and Calendar, which can help teams stay organized and on track. Google Drive provides centralized storage for files, while Google Calendar can help teams schedule meetings and deadlines.Security: Google Workspace is built with enterprise-level security, which can help protect sensitive data and ensure compliance with industry regulations.

Pros

Seamless collaboration: Google Workspace allows for seamless collaboration between team members, enabling them to work together on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in real-time, from anywhere and on any device.Accessibility: With Google Workspace, you can access your files and data from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. This makes it easy to work from home, on the go, or in the office.Integration: Google Workspace integrates seamlessly with other popular tools and services, such as Slack, Trello, and Asana, making it easy to incorporate into your existing workflows.

Cons

Learning curve: If you're not familiar with the Google Workspace interface, there can be a bit of a learning curve to get started. This can be especially challenging for people who are used to working with other productivity tools.Internet dependence: Since Google Workspace is cloud-based, it relies on a stable internet connection. This means that if you're in an area with poor connectivity or if your internet goes down, you won't be able to access your files and data.Limited customization: While Google Workspace does offer some customization options, they can be limited compared to other productivity tools. This can make it difficult to create a setup that meets your exact needs and preferences.Limited offline access: While Google Workspace does offer some offline capabilities, they can be limited compared to other productivity tools. This can make it difficult to work on important projects when you're not connected to the internet

Shital
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Ideal cloud storage tool, preferred remote working, and preferred cooperation

Reviewed on 20/07/2023

It provides a strong, accessible, and collaborative platform for machine learning, data analysis, and exploration applications. I particularly value the features that promote collaboration, the flexibility to create different permissions, and product integration. I've used Gmail since its inception, therefore I have great faith in Google and what they do. Every day I use Google Workspace, and while it occasionally can be difficult, most of the time it works really well.

Pros

Users may access their emails, documents, and files via the mobile applications for Google Workspace on Android and iOS devices. Lesson planners, calendars, quiz creators, grade books, reports, and meeting schedulers are just a few of the various solutions offered by the templates for use in education. It provides a strong, accessible, and collaborative platform for machine learning, data analysis, and exploration applications. The ability to seamlessly collaborate is one of Google Workspace's unique characteristics. I have complete control over who has access to what and may grant clients direct access to shared documents.

Cons

I wish Google Spreadsheets included all the choices that are present in Excel. A portion of Google Workspace apps may be used offline, however, the functionality is limited compared to when the computer is online. There may be a learning curve involved in navigating and comprehending all the functions, especially for those coming from other office suites. Teams can easily interact and offer feedback thanks to the real-time editing, commenting, and version history capabilities, which encourage effective cooperation.