Breathe

4.3/5
4.6/5
4.3/5

Sally

Great HR platform for growing businesses

Reviewed on 01/06/2016

We found BreatheHR when we were about 20 staff and it's been a godsend, it meant we could move on from holiday spreadsheets and it made us so much more organised with personnel files but those were only the basic things we were trying to 'fix', in reality lots of other benefits came with it - our team love the 'kudos' feature which mean they can say thanks / well done to each other, and we use it to help communicate business critical documents to all staff - our team have take much more responsibility for their own information and now they can access things like remaining holiday days whenever they want.

Pros

There are lots but in general this has given us a professionalism in our HR administration that we simply didn't have before at a cost that's a real no brainer.

Cons

Can't think of any, but if anything you do only get out of it what you put in so if you don't engage your staff in it and use the various features then it won't be so useful.

Rachel

Great online HR system

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

Great - have used a few online HR systems in SaaS businesses with teams deployed both at home and in office; this is great for managing all we need to, easily and quickly

Pros

ease of use and visual display is great; easy to see individuals, teams and broader groups, wirh notification settings easy to set up and amend. Good for containing - securely - necessary data.

Cons

We have set up 2FA - this is more my issue than Breathe's and I guess it's important, but boy, it's irritating ;-)

Mike

Functional HR System

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

It is a good basic tool for Employee records, but getting data back out can be cumbersome

Pros

It is relatively simple to navigate the system and complete tasks quickly using the it's basic interface

Cons

It needs updating. There is no drag and drop functionality, integration with Office 365 or CRM and data cannot be exported en masses.

Paul
  • Industry: Plastics

Great tool for employers and employees

Reviewed on 22/07/2022

Breathe is an excellent software every company should have .

Pros

Vey easy to use , can monitor staffs time keeping ect , keeping track of holidays and other functions such as company policies .

Cons

I cant fault Breathe , very good , very simple for all users .

Dan

Simple, efficient, cost saving and value for money

Reviewed on 31/05/2016

ramsac have been using BreatheHR to manage our HR needs for our 50+ team, for the best part of two years now. I have found nothing on the market that compares in terms of functionality and price. Providing our team with a self service HR dashboard has helped us to stand out as a modern employer, whilst at the same time driving increased efficiency and ensuring a more up to date, tighter controlled HR database. We use it to manage staff details, payroll info, holidays and leave, 121s and performance meetings, expenses and more.
I particularly like the efficient way of ensuring staff have read and accepted company wide documents, as well as the easy way in which we can administer leave requests and expense claims - perfect for our very mobile work force.
It's also enabled us to make job offers and HR documentation entirely paper free - and having no paper based HR records whatsoever is really useful when managers are working away from the HQ.

Support is friendly and efficient and the cost is very attractive. I can't say enough positive things about breathehr!

Pros

Drives efficiency
Low monthly fee
Simple to use -for hr users and employees
Cloud based - no set up costs or hardware needs
Mobile
Allows for better control of documents, records and leave/expense requests

Cons

It is what it is, you can't tailor massively, but then you're comparing a product that costs £50 a month, with a bespoke database that costs £20k+ - I think the functionality is more than adequate for the vast majority of SMEs.

Ryan

Basic But Effective!

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

The biggest benefit is the ability to centrally manage HR in a concise and simple manner, saving time for both HR managers and users alike.

Pros

Without a doubt, the best part about BreatheHR is its simplicity. For the user, the web interface is clear with all features signposted in the expected places with not an ounce of bloatware in sight. Furthermore, the features themselves are extremely easy to use, with intuitive mechanisms and design choices that mean the system is suitable for users of all abilities and backgrounds. This makes the software perfect for any sort of industry, not just those that work on computers all day.

Cons

Perhaps BreatheHR's biggest strength is also its biggest weakness. This is because the system lacks the customisability to incorporate more advanced features specific to a company, meaning sometimes it is impossible to build something into the system that supports all business specific HR policies. Furthermore, the interface is dated, and does not provide a particularly responsive experience for users.

Response from Centurion Management Systems

Thank you so much for your honest opinion Ryan.

Vicki
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Good value for money

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Pros

Breathe allows our employees to be more autonomous in managing their own holiday and sick leave.

Cons

It can be tricky to navigate and the customer support for the cheaper packages is not good.

Response from Centurion Management Systems

Vicki,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate that you have taken the time to review our software and your continued commitment to Breathe, we truly value your business.

I'd love to hear more about your experiences with the support team, the level of support our customers receive should not differ based on the plan or package you have and I'm sorry if you have not received the level of support you expected.

Feel free to contact myself at [email protected] to share your experiences.

All the best,

Chris

Highly recommended HR software

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

IT does many things very well - tracking holiday use, 1-2-1 meetings, and the kudos system is a great way to openly provide positive feedback to colleagues..

Pros

As a manager it is easy to write notes from your 1-2-1's and review them in the future.

Cons

Sometimes it isn't clear if content you submit will be visible by those you manage.

Response from Centurion Management Systems

Chris,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are very grateful that you have taken time out of your day to submit this review and appreciate both the pro's and cons mentioned.

We will certainly raise the point about visibility with the product team and see how this can be improved in future releases.

All the best

Ryan
  • Industry: Plastics

Great Piece of Software!

Reviewed on 18/07/2022

From a Manager point of view this software was great to use and keep my staff on time.

Pros

Easy to time check employees and there holidays.

Cons

Could be difficult to learn if not coming from someone who doesn't use computers.

Cole
  • Industry: Printing

A great HR service for tracking holiday

Reviewed on 16/06/2022

Pros

You can see a calendar that shows holiday for everyone in the company. This makes it easy to know who is off in any given week.
Leave requests are easy and have to be approved by a manager.

Cons

The courses and files sections are complicated to use.

David
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Lets your department managers BREATHE

Reviewed on 01/05/2020

Overall very positive and has greatly improved efficiencies within our organisation.

Pros

Each employee has their own area, holiday / work related documents / review requests all held in one place. Our department managers are spending under 10 minutes a day on managing holiday / sickness. Not to mention the ability to attach company documents (all with read receipts)

Cons

Live chat assistance is permanently in the corner - unable to change this setting.

Response from Centurion Management Systems

David,

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciated you taking the time to review our product and thank you for your 5 star review. We have taken your comments on board regarding the live chat appearing on the screen and will pass this back to the product development team.

Thank you for using Breathe and remember to use your refer a friend code if referring us for a chance to win prizes for your business.

Fiona

Keep Breathing!

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

I would certainly consider it for a smaller company, perhaps as their first HR or self serve system

Pros

VERY user friendly, easy to set up, good for employees to use and navigation is obvious. It can cope with multiple currencies which is a benefit for more global orgs. There is a new recruitment module which I believe is a great addition

Cons

I struggled with the Performance Management/Appraisal approach - hopefully this will be their next target

Alison

Amazing feature-set for the value

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

We use BreatheHR to manage our small business HR needs. It includes so many features for its pricepoint. Its UI is easy to use and the featureset is constantly expanding. Their support team is fabulous and answers our minimal questions very fast and with ease.

Response from Centurion Management Systems

Thank you very much for your comments Alison.

• Industry: Insurance

Easy to manage employee info/records

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

Pros

The ability to manage, track and control employee footprint, such as sick leave, holidays, objectives, 1-2-1's, training, documents, performance (KPI's) and much more.

Cons

For me there are no cons to this product, is does exactly what I need and have had no issues with it at all.

Response from Centurion Management Systems

Thank you so much for your review.

Breathe HR is our HR system and helps maintain our employee leave company documents.

Reviewed on 13/06/2018

Pros

Easy to use, it helps streamline the HR process and save space by uploading the documents to the cloud and keeping track of employee holiday etc.

Cons

It does have limitations which would need to be formatted by their professional services team which could incur a charge.

Response from Centurion Management Systems

Thank you so much for your honest review.

Danielle

Great central location for employee policies/holidays etc

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Pros

- Great for managing employee holiday allocation (i.e. dashboard shows employees how many days holiday they are permitted to take, request holiday, view holiday taken etc). A calendar also shows holidays scheduled for other colleagues.
- A central location for all company policies, meaning they're more likely to get read.
- Kudos feature allows you to give kudos to your colleagues with a leaderboard showing who's been awarded the most kudos (great for staff moral).

Cons

- It's pretty basic in terms of its features.

Response from Centurion Management Systems

Thank you so much for your honest review Danielle.

Tracy
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Fantastic Time Saver

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Although new to breatheHR we have found it is extremely intuitive and straight forward to set up. The support documents are so very helpful and informative and if you do not find your answers there the support team are always on hand.

Pros

Easy to use, fully functional. Our users are love being able to submit their requests any time from any device. breatheHR Support are amazing!
Here is to a lot less admin in 2019 and beyond.

Cons

There is nothing we have found that we do not like about breatheHR. The only con is now finding something else to do with all the free admin time!

Jeremy
  • Industry: Philanthropy

A very good system for small organisations less than 250.

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

Pros

Good integration with third party systems like Rota Cloud and Safety Cloud. Very good support including self service for managers and staff.

Cons

One size fits all system - so you have to accept some fields may not meet you specific needs. As with all IT systems, managers and staff will need help or training how to use the system and apps.

Ben
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Really simple to use, easy to access form anywhere being cloud based

Reviewed on 13/03/2021

Very good. Happy with how simple it is to use and a big improvement over the platform we used before (Sage).

Pros

The ability to easily book holiday due to being able to see when the rest of the team are away is really useful. With the software being cloud based it is nice that it can easily be accessed on any device from anywhere.

Cons

Not a lot bad to say about it. I found it difficult to access documents that were uploaded to it for me to see as I couldnt find the correct area from my profile.

• Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simple and functional

Reviewed on 05/02/2022

Pros

I used this tool prior my current employment and I can say it's very helpful if you have a small business and need track the time of you employees. It's a very functional tool, easy to manage and perfect fit for the first stage of your documentation.

Cons

I use it for a short period but didn't find any cons at that moment. Like I said, is perfect for a small business.

Richard

Pleasant to use HR Software with a few neat extra features.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

It has very straightforward holiday management that has allowed me to properly plan my year

Pros

The ability to check the entire companies holiday dates so I can plan tasks around when people are actually in.

Cons

It is quite dull to look at and use, it feels like a program from about 7-8 years ago despite actually being a very modern package.

Response from Centurion Management Systems

Thank you so much for your review Richard

Sam Francis

A great solution with a price to match

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

For years I have needed to use a system like BreathHR. As a smaller business, I could not justify paying the price of some of these all encompassing solutions. My back office systems did everything I needed apart from manage my HR side. For a small monthly payment, I now have the perfect system for my needs. I have been very impressed with the product and the technical support. Being able to use the free trial first was perfect but it was a no brainer for me to just sign up!

Pros

The cost is within budge. The system is easy to us for my team and for me and it has taken days of my life through the simple administration.

Cons

It doesn't do payroll but I can live with that.

Christine Edens

Great product, great price

Reviewed on 02/05/2013

We have been using BreatheHR for about 5 months now and are completely happy with the system.

It is easy to use - I never get queries from employees, and is a fantastic price.

I have seen my previous employers spend up to £50k on fancy systems, that too cumbersome, with many features left unused. BreatheHR is nice and simple and covers the vast majority of our requirements.

Pros

* price
* constant improvement & development
* good customer service
* easy to use
* easy to implement

Cons

If you're lookign for an all singing, all dancing HR system which includes recruitment, payroll, training etc then this product isn't for you.

tabitha
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Excellent

Reviewed on 17/10/2017

Pros

Free for Charity, allows Holiday and leave to be calculated in hours and flexes for part time shift pattern workers.

Cons

I am finding the adding of each shift pattern quite time consuming. I also find it frustrating that the recruitment section does not seem to tell you an overview of how to use it, but you almost have to post something to work it out. I am sure there are instructions somewhere, but yet to find it.

Laura

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Breathe has been recently implemented within our business and has made our HR process an easier area to deal with.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate round, it is also very simple to book holidays.

Cons

The format on some of the older internet tools (for example internet explorer) can cause the forms to not load correctly.

Perfect on all other internet platforms.

Response from Centurion Management Systems

Laura,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate people taking the time to say what they like, as well as areas that may not be quite perfect right now.

We take all feedback on board and we will be looking at the issue on Internet explorer as soon as we can.

Thanks again.