ShipStation

The Shipping Software with the Most 5-Star Reviews

4.4/5

Ryan
Ryan

Amazing Software, Great Support. Would Highly Recommend.

Reviewed on 25/02/2017

Shipstation tracks packages, manages inventory, labels, and shipping. integrates easily with many different platforms (eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy, ETC.) Ship station can also automate most client communications including eBay feedback, email marketing, messages, and much more. It's like having a custom built CRM that was specifically design for ecommerce / marketplace sellers. It's not something you HAVE to have; almost everything it does can be done manually. Trust me when I say that once you do use it,- you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

Pros

- Customer service is awesome (live chat, phone, email, etc) You're also assigned your own dedicated representative that learns your business model & account. Helpful since they will learn your account over time with you.
- It's inexpensive compared to similar software.
- This a pro AND a con (see below) but you also get a free stamps.com account with Shipstation. In reality its stamps.com that handles your USPS labels (that includes billing for shipping).
- The software just works. It does it's job and it does it extremely well.

Cons

- Don't get why PayPal isn't offered as payment source to ship labels / pay monthly fees. (I ended up just getting paypal business debit card)
- Wish they revamped the pricing structure. If your selling 500-600 avg. each month. Your being charged the same each month for someone that sells 1400-1500 products. Seems to me a pricing structure: 100 / 250 / 500 / 1000 / 2000 / 5000 would make more sense and entice more lower volume sellers to use it.
- SS & stamps.com - The only problems I have had were due to stamps.com and not Ship station. When this happens, you have to reach out to stamps.com for support which can be like pulling teeth. This means your sometimes having to call/email 2 different companies if your having problems with something.
- No offline/desktop version of the software.

Emily
  • Industry: Entertainment

Shipstation is a must have for those who ship a lot!

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Shipstation is wonderful. Their customer support is great, anytime I've had an issue, they've gotten back to me right away and solved it.

Pros

I love that it can connect right to my Bigcartel site. All I have to do is refresh, and all of my orders are there waiting to be shipped. Shipstation makes it incredibly easy to weigh, input package info, and ship packages. It comes in handy, especially during the holidays when all of the post offices are crazy busy with holiday shipping. I can just print my labels, and throw them in a blue mailbox!

Cons

There are a few minor things I would change (like uploading item info, and keeping weight of the items standard). In the grand scheme of things, though, there is nothing at all I don't like about this software. I honestly think it's perfect.

Bryan
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Shipstation is great software for the price, but it has its limitations

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Shipstation is great, but as you scale out your business you will most likely need to move to a more robust WMS. For many start up companies that do not have a lot of inventory or a high volume of SKU's, Shipstation will provide a powerful tool that can help speed up fulfillment and release many of the frustration of shipping product while not costing you huge amounts of money.

Pros

Shipstation is great for companies that are looking for a label printing solution for there shopping carts. Shipstation is able to handle high volumes of orders and allows for labels to be pre-printed, which can greatly increase the fulfillment time. There are pretty good filtering options that can lead to more efficiencies when printing that can save time with your fulfillment team.

Shipstation integrates with many different platforms fairly seamlessly, which allows for more diversity in the ever growing number of platforms that are out there. They are also constantly adding new platforms that can integrated with.

I think the fact that this software is user friendly and efficient in its design makes this software a worthwhile investment for those that need a better shipping solution.

Cons

The issues that we have run into with this software as we have scaled to processing over 3000 shipments a day are too many holes which can cause many opportunities for errors, processing speeds, and lack of flexibility.

When you are processing up to 3000 orders a day problems flesh themselves out quickly. One issue that has arisen is the inability to hold people accountable when errors occur. For example, since the labels are pre-printed there is not a simple to way to know who misshiped an order when it is sent incorrectly to a customer. On top of that, since the labels are pre-print there is no way to verify through software on the outbound that a shipment is correct. You have to trust that your team is packing order correctly, which is guaranteed to cause problems regardless. There is also the possibility that labels can be double printed or not printed at all since labels are processed and then a PDF is created to print orders. This has been costly for us an multiple occasions, which is hardly preventable no matter who you have printing.

Due to the fact that Shipstation is cloud based this can cause issues with processing speeds. We have seen hang ups (especially on Mondays) that cause the whole team to be slowed down due.

The other issue with cloud based system is the lack of flexibility for Shipstation to be customized to how you would like it. If changes are made they have to be made globally, which can take a while or just simply cannot happen altogether.

Marc
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Good Platform to work on your e-commerce orders.

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

Works great to get all your orders fulfilled. We are very satisfied with that aspect. We do not intend to change away from it.

Pros

The easy to gather all the orders from different selling channels into one tool. No extra entering of shipping information and I like how it does verify all your addresses.

Cons

The Magento Module has issues. Live Rates do not just transfer from Shipstation to the website. It ends up being $0 for shipping that gets charged to our customers. I had to deactivate that functionality.

ShippingEasy , ShipWorks , Easyship and Shippo

Reasons for Switching to ShipStation

I was refered to it as a reliable tool to get shipping done. Unlimited shipping channels can be added.
Sahar
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

A must for completing orders from multiple platforms

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

Really love how Shipstation is available on computers or mobile, making it easy to check for new orders wherever you are.

Pros

In today's eCommerce industry, brands have to be listed on multiple marketplaces to survive and it's hard to keep track of all orders without a hub. ShipStation is the perfect hub to see orders from every single marketplace, without needing to login to every back end individually. The discounts with ShipStation are comparable to their competitors.

Cons

If you go over 500 shipments a month, your monthly bill with them will increase. We sometimes buy labels from Shopify because the discount per package is cheaper. Wish there was a way to quickly import orders without having to build a document to use ShipStation to send out marketing materials.

Richard

New Version Is Broken

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

It's been working, but so many features are not implemented well. They do not listen to the community when it comes to improvement/needs. Some missing features from the new version that are necessary for an efficient workflow.
It's really easy to make a mistake while shipping/combining and there's no way to undo the mistake without crazy work arounds. They took a working program and turned it into garbage.

Pros

The only option I can find that integrates into our workflow

Cons

New version broke a lot of the necessary features I need

Daniel

Central shipping hub for all ecommerce, including Walmart Marketplace

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Shipstation makes fulfilling orders simple. I'm able to set rules and automation for orders coming in from my various storefronts (Walmart, Ebay, WooCommerce). I love the ability to instantly print to my thermal printer instead of having to ctrl+p, it saves a few seconds each order which adds up very quickly. I also like that it usually will tell me if another form of shipment is less expensive than my defaults.

Pros

It integrates with Walmart Marketplace. Currently no other shipping software works with Walmart. That said, it really is a good product.

Cons

Doesn't fully integrate with Etsy. It can import orders but is not able to add gift receipts. This is probably an issue more on Etsy's side, but as it is now, I still have to use Etsy's store interface to fulfill orders.

Pirate Ship and Shippo

Reasons for Switching to ShipStation

It was the only one that integrates with Walmart Marketplace.
Peter
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Shipstation brings all your shipping needs to one platform

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Shipstation allowed us to use one account and centralize the online order fulfillment process with one platform, to easily manage package shipments from multiple order systems and using multiple shipping accounts (USPS, FedEx, etc.).

Pros

I absoutely love using shipstation to manage multiple ecommerce platforms with the ability to fulfill orders, print labels and organize all within one platform.

Cons

As shopify has expanded, it was tough at times to manage fulfillment from multiple locations within shipstation. over time we were able to figure it out but it took some time.

Todd
  • Industry: Automotive

Daily Shipments

Reviewed on 03/03/2021

If you ship packages more than 3 days per week, ShipStation is your best option out there. Connect it to your UPS, FedEx, or any other major parcel carrier and your shipping troubles are over. Creating shipments, printing labels, tracking and even business reporting are all in one program. Simple to use. Thank you ShipStation!

Pros

ShipStation integrates seamlessly into our retail website's control panel. It imports and exports all of the orders, shipments, tracking and business measurements into one easy dashboard.

Cons

I can't think if any at this time. Flawless for us so far.

Matthew
Matthew

With ShipStation, I know there is someone on the other end that cares about my experience

Reviewed on 12/02/2018

Pros

• I was assigned a specific person as my customer service representative, and when I called with an issue, one of the customer rep picked up the phone and answered my question on the spot; meaning, I didn't have to dial a ton of menu options or wait on hold at all to speak with a person. She is also very responsive to emails. We tend to look at websites and applications as faceless businesses, but with ShipStation I know there is someone on the other end that cares about my experience.

• Integrates seamlessly with Squarespace Commerce account

• Automatically marks order fulfilled when a shipping label is printed

• Connects to printer easier than Stamps.com

Cons

• Have to load balances instead of paying for what you use as you go. I encountered this with Stamps.com as well, but it is annoying because I have to make cash flow considerations when all I need is a few extra dollars to print a label.

• Cannot edit manual orders, need to delete and re-create an order if changing quantity or amount of a product.

• I "chose" ShipStation because it was the only shipping option that would integrate with Squarespace. Most of my issues were encountered while trying to transition from Stamps.com to become familiar with the new platform. Though very similar, ShipStation INITIALLY felt like a clunkier, gaudier version of the same thing. Thankfully, they've recently made some positive design changes. However, there are still some quirky user interface aspects, including:
— animated "help/info" bubbles (which I just figured out how to hide).
— In Stamps.com, I was able to see if my thermal printer was connected (or visible to the website) before clicking "print" — which, when I click, charges the postage to my account regardless if the label actually printed. In ShipStation, I have to click "print" without knowing if the website is able to send the job to the printer. This has resulted in additional postage billed to my account because I clicked "print." I then have to wait for that amount to be refunded in my account. Though I should add, I rarely have printer connection issues with ShipStation, whereas it used to be the bane of my Stamps.com experience.
— Stamps.com also made it easy to see all the USPS shipping options and rates at a glance, while viewing an order. In ShipStation, I either have to select a service, then an option from within that service or open up a separate rate calculator. This makes it harder to find the lowest shipping fee/service or fastest method for its value when modifying individual orders.

Marc
  • Industry: Music

I'm done.

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

Shipping software is supposed to make shipping easy this software is a frustrating waste of time.

Pros

It worked great until they did an update to the interface now it's worthless.

Cons

I have used ShipStation for years they did an update about a year ago and it all went to shit after that, I constantly have to reset the printer to recognize the software and now I have spent an hour trying to print a label with no success. For some reason they are double entering sales so I have to delete one so it doesn't throw the totals out of wack. Looking up shipped packages some don't show up even though it was shipped. My clients are not receiving a tracking # email so I have to answer the "Where's my stuff email. Done.

Mauro
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

ShipStation Is the All In One Solution For Any Business Shipping Product

Reviewed on 12/01/2023

So far implementation has been straight forward, and support has been useful to get to where we need to be, so we have no complaints and our experience so far has been that we are dealing with professionals.

Pros

The price checking, the tracking, the integration the ease of use...all lead to an excellent product.

Cons

So far we have not run into anything major but we have just implemented and are still in testing phase so we need more time for a list of potential cons to emerge (if any do)

Shippo

Reasons for Choosing ShipStation

Price Shopping made easy.

FedEx Ship Manager

Reasons for Switching to ShipStation

The array of features, the pricing and the seemingly straight forward integrations were the main factors.
Michael
  • Industry: Automotive

V2 Is A Near-Perfect SaaS. V3 Is Half-Baked

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

As I already mentioned, I love ShipStation. It's really one of my favorite pieces of SaaS. Their customer support is also great. They answer their live chats and emails quickly and always have a solution. Rare, especially for the price of admission.

Pros

The interface in ShipStation V2 is fantastic. As the department manager, I can easily assign orders to my CSR's and use tags to designate anything I want. We use different tags/colors for suppliers, whether we are shipping ourselves or dropshipping, or marking things as HOT! Using the tags to filter, makes it easy to find and sort orders and see what needs to be worked on.

We also use the custom fields for notating PO #'s, which supplier we dropshipped from, and sometimes other important notes.

The interface is so easy on the eyes and the filtering are so good that we use ShipStation instead of ChannelAdvisor to handle our orders.

Another great feature is ShipStation Connect, which allows us to print to anyone's printer, even if they are not on the same network. Fantastic feature, especially, if not everyone has a Zebra printer at their station.

Cons

I wish we could interface with our website. Right now, we're using it with the marketplaces, but our website is on its own, which is unfortunate, because we lose all of that monitoring functionality.

The other con is V3. We tried it. It's very much not ready for prime time. It was buggy. The interface was not as good and the user experience was lacking. What we could do in V2 with a few keystrokes and the Tab key, took several more clicks. We're hoping they fix that up, before forcing the "upgrade."

hedi
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Almost half of my 3000 orders came back as "not enough postage"

Reviewed on 22/06/2021

Terrible. Insulting. Their answer was an irrelevant statement that I should then choose a different setting. No acknowledgement of the situation they created. They should have made the correct recommendation before the 3000 products were prepared for shipping

Pros

What would ShipStation do if 3000 of your orders got returned due to incorrect shipping? Shipping that was chosen from Shipstation software and verbally verified?
Absolutely nothing. Visit BBB and you'll see that I filed a complaint months ago and the case has been closed due to unresponsive communication and in their words "not knowing what to do" from Shipstation. There is a list of events below for reference This was the final communication with ShipStation. It was their turn to respond and they did not.

1- On 4/9/21 products were ready to be dropped off at the post office but it was rejected due to the pricing of the stamps and the thickness of the package
2- Although the ShipStation labels verified the cost and dimensions for Letter Size 5 by 4 by 1 inch at .51 cents, the labels had to be reprinted, products repackaged with less insulation.
3- Help was hired for the packaging and re-packaging of all the products at $12/hr for 2 employees.
4- Shipstation had no solution. In fact, my account rep’s exact words were: “ I don’t know what to do.” and referred us to Stamps.com
5- Stamps website suggested the use of the setting for Large Envelope size 5 by 4 by .75 inches for $1.00.

6- Since the envelopes were getting run through a machine with disregard for the size indicated on ShipStation, the product was ruined for a lot of customers.

This product had to be fulfilled again and shipped.

Cons

Customer service and Shipstation software are not informed of the correct setting / pricing of shipping a product. The settings chosen by Shipstation software and recommended by Customer service were wrong. The post office would not accept the packages that were verified multiple times by Shipstation.

• Industry: Furniture

ShipStation customers need to beware

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Horrible. It started off with every feature working great, until two months later when they rolled out "new version"s that removed or broke most of what we used the software for. Customer Service responded months later to my accounting outage just to say they werent going to do anything.

Pros

OMS, carrier, product, inventory and integrations

Cons

Everything. There isn't a single feature in ShipStation they haven't changed in the last two years and made worse. Integrations are broken and the team doesn't work on them. Order Management has become barren of features as they remove things instead of fixing them. You can't trust that a feature you rely on will be maintained. Customer Service group is absolutely worthless and the development team doesn't work on any request. The forums are a joke. Tons of people with tons and tons of people supporting their bug reports, feature requests, etc. and all being completely ignored by ShipStation.

Shippo

Accounting integration
Andy

Great product, good customer service, some initial printing speed issues

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Good implementation experience, good usage, and good customer support. some minor label speed issues were eventually resolved, and the solution helped the business to scale tenfold which they could simply not have done without it.

Pros

Easy to implement, we used a 3rd party to help integrate with Sage200 and the data flow worked very well indeed, not immediate but fast enough for the business to get the order data via Sage200 into ShipStation, and integration with multiple couriers was simple. Customer service was helpful and did their best to help with every issue we had.

Cons

We had a number of label printing speed issues that despite best efforts the ShipStation customer service and tech support were unable to resolve - we eventually found out that we needed network label printers instead of USB printers as the USB caused a bottleneck, but it took a long time and a lot of testing to get to this conclusion.

Stephen
  • Industry: Farming

Great product but nonexistent customer servicet

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

Pros

It is incredibly helpful when all is well and is a major benefit to businesses that ship.

Cons

I pay for "Silver service" which boasts "Live Chat support". There is no live chat support actually and we have submitted tickets via email that have gone unanswered for weeks. This dramatically impacts our business. What could take potentially minutes to sort out with tech support could feasibly cost us thousands of dollars in lost revenue. Customer support is immediately there for on-boarding new clients....but is entirely absent when it comes to upholding promises of live support, or sustaining proper functioning of customer accounts.
I get that times are tough and some delays can be expected, but to promise live chat support and then not respond for weeks on end just feels like negligence at this point. Just because its more profitable to focus on new accounts than it is to help existing customers doesn't mean its the right thing to do.  Please reallocate some resources to uphold your promise to provide customer service.

Lynn
  • Industry: Music

Terrible customer support for buggy software

Reviewed on 23/11/2018

One problem is that it fails to notify the original store that the order has been shipped unless I manually ask it to make the order as complete. (Otherwise, it sits in my list of orders "awaiting shipment". Sometimes they disappear from the list, then reappear a day or two later. When I manually mark the order as "Complete", it then double counts the shipment. I have a plan that allows 50 shipments per month. So when I reached 25 shipments, it double counted them as 50 shipments and would not allow any further shipments without upgrading to the 500 shipment per month plan (which I don't need and can't afford). There is basically no telephone support from Shipstation and email support is absurdly slow and unhelpful, with each response taking a few days. This is a time-sensitive business so this is really a problem. I asked them for phone support - finally heard back with an offer for phone support 3 days from now during a time when I am not available. So basically I can count on waiting a few more days for the next useless support email.

Pros

I liked the fact that this software synced with online sales through places like Amazon and initially seemed to work pretty well.

Cons

A few months ago, Shipstation released a new version and I have had many problems with it. It simply does not work as advertised. Things that were seamless before no longer work. The fact that they have not fixed these issues after a few months is very frustrating. I would not recommend them any longer for shipping.

• Industry: Cosmetics

Necessary to get ship done!

Reviewed on 09/10/2023

Totally necessary for our small business to ship our cosmetic products with ShipStation. Couldn't have run our business without it.

Pros

I loved how easily it integrated with our Squarespace shop. We used Shipstation to print labels and to manage which orders we shipped. The label-making was flexible enough for us and let us be a little custom with a brand logo. Was also great how it worked with UPS, FedEx, and all the other shipping types. Customer service was always quite helpful and easy to access.

Cons

I remember going back a forth a lot between Shipstation and Squarespace and wishing more was integrated into Shipstation so that I could just stay on that platform.

Rutchie Mae
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

ShipStation -Connecting extra carriers and distribution channels in one Dashboard

Reviewed on 07/02/2023

I would recommend the Platform to any company looking to expertly manage its shipping operations just like FabFitFun. I love the Powerful Features which are easy to use. It is easy for the company to connect with various marketplaces, shopping carts, order management systems, and other systems — all from a single, simple platform. Superb customer service is a plus. Keep Rockin'

Pros

I like how ShipStation swiftly and efficiently manages the order inventory. With ShipStation, it helps the company to coordinate with multiple carriers and order sources in one place. It has an excellent integration with the main shipping service to accelerate shipping management activities.

Cons

Sometimes, ShipStation may fail to print the labels the user wants but this can be manually downloaded and printed from outside ShipStation. Despite this, there is still a lot in there to explore since the user interface is good.

John

Shipstation is great for managing orders and purchasing shipping but still needs a lot of work

Reviewed on 22/07/2022

Shipstation has great rates for shipping but if I could find a program that would allow us to edit packing slips, provided the same rates, and I could easily sync with shopify then I would switch because the customer service is abysmal.

Pros

I like the ease of syncing our orders with shopify, shipping them through shipstation, and having the tracking number then re-uploaded to shopify.

Cons

I had an issue a long time ago of not being able to change SKU or UPC numbers in my inventory. It has been a year and customer service never figured it out or replied to my most recent messages. We were able to edit the packing slips on our old plan, then they changed it so you had to be upgraded further to access that ability. We have an error on our old packing slip and am not able to get it fixed unless I pay an additional $100 for one month.

Emily
  • Industry: Warehousing

ShipStation for B2B (Parcel/LTL/FTL)

Reviewed on 27/09/2023

Overall, ShipStation has been a successful solution for our team - allowing us to cut down on lead times and expedite important orders

Pros

Ease of use - it is very easy to train new team member as the system is intuitive. We have been able to create custom tags that allow our team to gain more detail into orders to ensure the shipping method is best for the order.

Cons

Splitting shipment can be difficult to manage and often fail to fulfil correctly in our connected ERP system. We have increased our freight shipments, tracking and booking we have had to do outside of ShipStation for these orders.

Philip
Philip

Frustration, no reason

Reviewed on 14/01/2022

Started off fine, I've shipped thousands of packages so far. A couple years ago, Shipstation decided they wanted to completely change the interface. No thanks. About the same time, the software started getting glitchy. Everytime I use it, I must completely reload the software first, or else hangs and doesn't ever send labels to the printer. I've reported this to Shipstation support at least 7 times, they don't care.

If there's any interaction, it goes something like this:
Me: I'm having this problem, it happens exactly when I do this
SS: Are you saying that it happens exactly when you do this?
Me: That's what I said, I've tried these things
SS: Can you try doing those things again? Have you tried doing them again, again?
Me: Sigh, nevermind.

Pros

It works, most of the time. There isn't actually any alternative.

Cons

You have to refresh to page every single time you use it, or else it doesn't work.

Terry
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

An absolute staple for any e-commerce business.

Reviewed on 22/06/2018

After trying just about everything else out there, Shipstation is as close to a perfect solution as you'll find. It helped me save over an hour each day, time that I was then able to spend on actually growing my business. It was a stretch to think of anything I didn't like - which speaks volumes about the software.

Pros

Integration with most major platforms and channels - it communicates back and forth between your Shopify, Amazon, eBay, etc. accounts to mark orders shipped and email the customer.
Discounted shipping labels - The subscription pays for itself with how inexpensive the labels are.
Automated tracking emails - create your own template and look the part of other major e-commerce stores.

Cons

Can get a little confusing when dealing with international shipments but their support team is definitely top notch and can help you sort out the issues quickly.

Brenda

ShipStation - Making retail life easy

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

Overall, I am satisfied with ShipStation. Its integration with our website makes it effortlessly easy to get orders out the door. I do not picture ever letting go of ShipStation.

Pros

Believe it or not, it's the little things that I enjoy about ShipStation. One of my favorites is the "Tags" feature. Being able to color coordinate particular orders is great! Aside from placing orders "On Hold", certain orders have to be identified and tagged. By tagging them, this allows us to avoid errors. Again, it's the little things that make a difference.

Cons

Shipstation's "Rate Calculator" could be better. Every time I utilize this feature, it gives me inaccurate rates. I mainly utilize this feature to give accounts quoted rates but after a handful of them turned out to be incorrect, I've had to go around it.