TalentLMS

4.6/5
4.6/5

410 Software options

Sandra F.

Easy to use and very reliable

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

I'm very satisfied with this product. Thanks to TalentLMS, I can successfully offer my products to a large number of customers.

Pros

I've been using TalentLMS since 2019.
The software is easy to use , has all necessary features and works stable and reliable.
There is an extensive product documentation available and a very fast support team is answering individual questions. There have been two webinars with helpful tips in the last 2 months.
An app is available so that user can learn offline.
Last update now enables more user-specific adjustments (Homepage).

Cons

The offline app does not show exactly what is in the online LMS.
There are few individual structuring options.

iSpring Suite

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS

LMS was not working properly.

WordPress

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

TalentLMS has more functionality, is less expensive, very stable, easy to use, has an offline app.

Response from Epignosis

Sandra, we are so happy to read that our support team have exceeded your expectations and that thanks to TalentLMS you can offer your products to your customers!!

Beth S.

Highly recommended LMS for small business

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Highly positive experience from set-up though daily user experience.

Pros

Price is very reasonable and customer service is outstanding. Our team was able to set-up and launch the platform in just a few weeks.

Cons

It lacks some customization features, but is very easy to set-up and can do nearly everything we need it to do.

Accord LMS

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS

Poor customer service and too expensive for a smaller business.

Docebo

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

User interface was the best and the price was very reasonable.

Response from Epignosis

Glad to hear that setting up and working with TalentLMS has been nice and easy, Beth! Should you ever have any feedback on ways we can improve, our support team would love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!

Michael s. J.

My experience using TalentLMS has been wonderful. It's simple to use, yet also very sophisticat...

Reviewed on 06/07/2018

We host video learning content on TalentLMS and it works great for this purpose.

Pros

The design of this software is well thought out. Although TalentLMS has many sophisticated features (everything one could possibly need and more), it's designed in such a way to minimize user complexity. As an admin and instructor, I'm able to get things done quickly without much time and effort (with limited technical knowledge). The visual look and feel of an LMS is important to me. Many LMS systems look "techy" and are NOT a pleasure to use. TalentLMS is clean and elegant and provides a great experience for admins, instructors and users. I think of TalentLMS as the Apple computer of LMS systems. Another big differentiator is that TalentLMS enables instructors to create courses quickly without a painful learning curve that kills productivity. Learning content is placed into buckets called learning objects. Any kind of content hosted anywhere can be used. Making changes to courses is a snap. Also, I found the white labeling and customization of TalentLMS to be surprisingly easy. Support documentation is thorough and well written. I was able to quickly customize our learning portal without doing any HTML coding whatsoever in about 30 minutes! No help from technical experts needed. Before deciding on TalentLMS, I reviewed dozens of LMS providers (a hair-pulling experience) and found most to be very expensive, complex, lack-luster on feature and visual appeal. I just don't have the patience or the time to deal with those handicaps! We are very glad to have discovered TalentLMS.

Cons

After about a year, I haven't encountered any problems using TalentLMS. Of course, there's always room for improvement on the way to perfection. There appears to be a little overlap in the learning objects - Content, Web content and videos are really just "content". However, this could be by design. Maybe there should be a universal content object that accommodates all content types. The only videos accepted for the "Video" object are YouTube. However, we use another video hosting platform to protect our content from download, among other reasons. However, this is not a real problem because we just embed our videos using the content learning object, which looks sort of like a WordPress content box. Just copy the embed code from the video provider and paste into the content box. That's it; works great. The only other thing I can think of is that the default HTML video player could use a few more control bar options such as view quality selection and a way to set download video or disallow download video. However, this is not a problem for us because we use embed video codes from our video hosting provider and therefore the provider's video player is used instead of the default HTML player. We control the features of this video player on the video hosting side.

Response from Epignosis

Michael, cheers! Thank you very much for the positive review and the comprehensive feedback. We're thrilled that you've found TalentLMS to be the most affordable, easy-to-use, feature-rich, and 'well thought out' solution out of every other you've tried. Your suggestions are equally appreciated, so please feel free to visit our knowledge base and add them to the ideas section. Thanks for the 5 stars!

Michael H.

Talented approach to T & D

Reviewed on 20/03/2017

From the moment I began to investigate TalentLMS I knew this was a fresh approach to an age old problem: How to motivate employees to compete with themselves. The platform is simple and powerful. Reliable and refreshing. It's my favorite and I've seen way too many learning platforms. It's built on an engine, but it has the flexibility a good instructional designer needs to customize the learning experience. Mobile friendly and robust. Great detailed and customizable reporting...and badges and progress infographics. I could go on, but I gush. I'm just a client, but I feel part of this great team. The best.

Pros

Great design.
Powerful LMS administration tools...easily accessible.
Intuitive for the learner, instructor and administrator.
Highly customizable, with branches that can be branded for teams, departments or even different products. Easy to replicate learning objects for different users.
Personalization for system and course communication.
Responsive support.
Great culture.

Cons

One of their strengths is a weakness. The platform is cloud-based so updates are easy and keep the platform working effectively with little or no administrative intervention. But some of the updates can affect third party integrations. When updates come through, administrators should be informed of potential incompatibilities and plan for the update. I am confident that updates will be done with advanced notice in the future. They are responsive to feedback too!
One more thing, I wish it could read my mind.

Response from Epignosis

Hi Michael, We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we are so glad that you are pleased with TalentLMS! Detailing the areas on which we can improve on really does help us to make TalentLMS better so we are thankful to hear that too. Many thanks :)

Kevin M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A year of language teaching with Talent LMS in a Japanese university

Reviewed on 03/12/2021

It has been very easy for me to get this moving and I feel motivated to continue. It is easy to have students upload audio and video assignments, and there have been no complaints from students at all.

Pros

Very easy to get started, stable and reliable, excellent support and receptivity to feedback.

Cons

I’d like text formatting to be easier and more flexible, and it could be easier to integrate audio files into language teaching exercises. The software has not been designed with language teaching in mind, but there is a lot of potential for it to be so used. It could perhaps be easier to check exactly what the learners themselves are seeing on different devices and with different language settings.

Claris FileMaker

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

I’ve developed a lot of Filemaker tools for producing worksheets, and even developed a prototype LMS using Filemker, but haven’t had the know-how or resources to go further.
Shayna B.
  • Industry: Utilities

Easy, Reliable, Just Enough

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

It enabled me to start and build my business. Very grateful.

Pros

Unlimited branches, unlimited courses, simple tiered pricing model based upon Users. Great for 95% of most LMS needs. Only had one glitch in 2 years, fixed in 24 hours....amazingly reliable. Friendly support, but their online support database of common items has addressed nearly everything I needed, which is a lot, as I manage over 1300 Users across 4 branches. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get into the LMS management world. Very happy I found them.

Cons

I'd like a little more customization capability beyond CSS and JavaScript. Like Widgets and drag and drop capability to make pages more unique. Also, group function does not appear to work as intended....cannot separate who sees a course by their User Group and requires us to create an entirely new branch, which is not cost effective. I'd also like additional category capability.

Response from Epignosis

Hi Shayna,

Many thanks for your lovely words! We're very glad that TalentLMS has proved to be such a good fit for your needs! Your feedback is very important to us and your suggestions helps us improve our product and service.

Thanks very much!

Liliana R.

Everything you need from a LMS

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

In this time of pandemic, having Talent LMS implemented was a great advantage as we are able to continually educate employees at home office, additional Talent allows the use of all types of files to generate fast content. It is also compatible with some videoconferencing platforms such as zoom.
It is a great tool that all companies must have.

Pros

It supports a wide variety of files, including SCORM, ppt, pdf, youtube videos, and even text with images. It allows you to divide your students into groups and track its performance. Gamification is also a great feature.

Cons

Its custom reports, the software generates very nice reports in an infographic view but the information is a bit limited, the pro is that you can always export to excel.

SAP Litmos

Best cost value

Response from Epignosis

Thanks for the great feedback, Liliana!

Staci H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A great option!

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Overall, this has been a positive experience. Customer support at TalentLMS has been responsive and helpful. Being able to customize the courses with our logo was a nice touch!

Pros

This software was easy to learn to use as the administrator, students seem to pick it up quickly without much direction. We were able to get all of the functionality we needed to deliver the courses for our students without spending a fortune to do it.

Cons

The discussion boards were not intuitive to integrate into the courses. We initially planned to have the discussion boards count for points in the courses, but there isn't an easy way to pull information on which students have participated, etc.

Response from Epignosis

Hi Staci, we're pleased to hear that TalentLMS has been easy for you to use, and also a breeze for your students to pick up! Our customer support team is happy to be of help and they continue to be available to you for any assistance in the future! Thanks for your feedback on the discussion boards, too!

John W.

Easy to use, but it has a lot of great features.

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

We're building our learning business around the TalentLMS software, so it has significant benefits for us.

Pros

TalentLMS is a very easy platform to learn and manage; it's robust, stable and very intuitive for learners to quickly get up and running. The mobile apps for iOS and Android are also really good.

Cons

TalentLMS has a great search feature built into its platform, but the search results are limited to course titles or content that has already been completed by the learner. We use TalentLMS as a learning repository, so it would be ideal if our learners could search all of the content - not just the stuff they have already viewed. (We did speak to TalentLMS about this and it is on their radar for future development)

Response from Epignosis

Hi John,

We're very glad to see that TalentLMS has helped you build your training business! Indeed, the extended search capability will be available in an upcoming release, so stay tuned!

Thanks a lot for your feedback! It really helps us improve!

Jennifer L.

Easiest and best LMS

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

TalentLMS lets me host all my courses in one place, even when they are blended courses with live virtual classes included. The app allows me and participants to learn on the go which is a great addition. The support team at TalentLMS are amazing - they've even helped me out over the weekend.

Pros

I love it's flexibility. I love that you can use it for stand alone elearning modules and longer courses blended with virtual classes. It does absolutely everything you need an LMS to do.

Cons

Nothing. It does everything I want it to do and more!

Teachable and Moodle

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

TalentLMS allows me to use SCORM compliant modules as well as content I can add straight into TalentLMS. The price and ease of use was a huge factor too. I could set it all up myself without any servers or coding.

Response from Epignosis

Thank you so much for the review and 5-star rating, Jennifer! We're so glad to hear that you're loving the TalentLMS experience. We promise to keep working hard to keep you and all our valued customers happy!

Brian B.

So Easy UX - The Way an LMS Should BE

Reviewed on 13/08/2016

I've been using TalentLMS for several years now. I had been looking for the easiest LMS to use - both from a learner perspective and and admin perspective. TalentLMS delivers. The features I need are all there - gamification, TinCan, Mobile. It's an absolute pleasure to use and we've gotten great response from the learners.

Pros

- Super easy to use
- Tons of features
- Great support, quick response
- So fast to build simple courses

Cons

- I need just a little more help uploading mobile Storyline courses

Response from Epignosis

Hi Brian, great to hear that you have finally found an LMS that works for you! In regards to help with storylines, please do contact support directly to deal with your issue in the quickest way possible. Either, use the Help section of your portal or visit this page http://support.talentlms.com/ to create a ticket. Many thanks!

Christopher K.

Scorm-compliant, flexible and robust LMS

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

We have managed to get the system set up to integrate our training programs with our application, and will continue to build deeper links with APIs, so I consider it a success.

Pros

We looked at more than a dozen LMS systems, and ultimately chose TalentLMS because of its flexibility, well documented APIs, and SSO capability. We're integrating training into our portal, so that users can access training modules on demand, and in response to user triggers in our system. So the ability to host our own domain, integrate SSO, and pass data back and forth with the LMS was key, along with scorm compliance.

Cons

Overall the system needs an Administrator UX overhaul. Navigating the ecosystem is complex and often confusing, with a number of workflows seeming to wind around through functions until you get lost. It's a very complex system, which is great, but it's not intuitive to navigate, and even with an experienced guide took some time to figure out.

Thinkific

SSO, APIs.

Response from Epignosis

Christopher, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to see you are enjoying the various features offered by TalentLMS and the flexibility they provide. If you ever need further assistance, you can check out our knowledge base.

Mavluda O.

We tried different LMS options before deciding on TalenLMS. This is the best available on...

Reviewed on 27/04/2018

It saved my time, so I was able to enter all my course materials within less than a week. Very user-friendly and easy to follow. Has all the features you may probably need to create a successful and comprehensive online course.

Pros

TalentLMS is very easy to follow and includes all necessary tools to create a comprehensive course. You can create assignments, tests or surveys to test your students and set different conditions for students to pass. There are different file formats you can incorporate into your course. An instructor can easily switch to a learner view to test the course settings. There is also the mobile application available, so it makes your course very competitive and reachable.

Cons

It would be very helpful to have more video conference options, like Hangouts. Having more customizable features for internal and external pages would add more freedom for personalizing your online school.

Response from Epignosis

Hi, Mavluda! Thank you very much for your five-star review and the positive feedback on our product¿s course creating features. We believe an LMS should make building, managing, and delivering courses as hassle-free as possible and TalentLMS is built to follow that principle. As for your thoughts on how to enhance and improve our platform, please feel free to add them directly to our suggestions database at http://support.talentlms.com/forums/162648-general. Thanks again for such a great review!

Doreen B.
  • Industry: Machinery

Great features and easy to use

Reviewed on 17/03/2017

TalentLMS is very easy to use and has great features. We are an equipment manufacturer and have different needs than colleges. The features included standard with TalentLMS meets our unique needs. It allows us to organize lessons in groups for assignment to customers. Lessons are presented to the customer neatly organized into labeled categories ready and waiting for our customers to take them in the order that they should be taken. I couldn't be happier.

Pros

Feature rich and easy to use. Knowledgeable, friendly service department.

Cons

None.

Response from Epignosis

Hi Doreen, we would like to thank you for your review. We really do appreciate you taking the time to write your comments about TalentLMS and we are happy to hear that it is working for you. Many thanks!

Todd B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Revolutionized our organizations work!

Reviewed on 02/11/2020

I'm a fan! Love this program and use it weekly (at least)!

Pros

With Covid, we had to change our status quo for doing training of the people we work with. After much research, I settled on using TalentLMS and am so happy I did. TalentLMS is easy to use, has a lot of good help and support programs, provides a very rich and easy to use learning platform, and has allowed our organization to easily and efficiently begin our on-line training program. I love the ease and flexibility of creating lessons, the gamability features, and the ease which integrates with our financial system. Highly recommend.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any cons. This is a great system that is easy to use and powerful.

Response from Epignosis

Todd, it'\s always great to hear from a self-proclaimed TalentLMS fan! We're thrilled to hear that TalentLMS has made the necessary pivot to online training easy for you and it already sounds like you're getting lots of value out of all the features! Of course, if you need any help along the way, our support team is always available to lend a hand!

Ayisha H.

Loving It.

Reviewed on 18/06/2018

Pros

Its ease of use. Accessibility and to be able to make the course structure like I want to. Love the possibility of mapping to my business website and editing the outlook as per my requirements.

Cons

the mobile APP is not responsive. Would like the TEST option to allow for more MCQ styling. Assignment Screen to be dual (to allow for candidate to see the whole question in one view). The catalogue option allow me to change the way it shows the details of the course.

Response from Epignosis

Hello, Ayisha! Many thanks for loving¿\ our product. :) We¿re happy TalentLMS has made your work easier.

We¿re constantly improving the way the app looks and the features supported. However, feel free to add your suggestions to our knowledge base.

Thanks again!

Patrick H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great for Church Leader development

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Exceptional value and usability. Tech support is great, even though I am on other side of the world. The system just does what it is supposed to without fuss or under-delivering.

Pros

The ability to create seperate and fully whitelabelled branches that allow us to create multiple identities with one subscription

Cons

Only glitch is not being able to set up a seperate stripe account on a per-module basis. This would allow multiple content developers to profit from a centralised portal.

Response from Epignosis

Thanks for your feedback, Patrick! We're very glad to hear that you're making use of the super-useful branches features of TalentLMS and that you're finding great value in TalentLMS!

Amy C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

This LMS suits our needs.

Reviewed on 02/12/2021

Great support!

Pros

Easy set up and use. Great pricing! This is our first LMS, so much consideration was given and in depth research took place.

Cons

Would like Scorm reports to show more detail on answers submitted. Cannot see free text responses with Scorms.

Schoox and Docebo

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

Pricing and met our needs.
Joshua M.
  • Industry: Machinery

JNM Rise - TalentLMS

Reviewed on 24/10/2020

This is a really nice training software that for the price you cannot beat!! I highly encourage any new user try it out and see for themselves.

Pros

TalentLMS provides a great solution to those looking train their teams or educate potential customers. Much of the work generated for my business comes from leads of knowledgeable staff located within large manufacturing facilities - This strategy allows for great internal buy-in, but requires some upfront investment through training. My team and I built training using TalentLMS and offer it on a tablet.

It has great buy in from the staff at the facilities and with the feedback they provide it is incredibly easy to tailor the training and relaunch. Also being able to make accounts for each user allows for ease of tracking progress through our training mod

Cons

Some limitations in what I was hoping to accomplish with the software but am happy with the overall product.

Response from Epignosis

Thank you for your review and for recommending TalentLMS!

Sharon S.

The cleanest LMS interface around

Reviewed on 13/09/2014

When my company decided to offer online training courses for some of our clients, we began researching all options. We looked into adding WordPress to our website and considered embedding our Camtasia videos there, but the setup and add-ons were expensive and time consuming.

So then we started researching already established online Learning Management Systems. Several were appealing, but seemed too complicated for what we needed. Others were just too expensive for what we wanted to begin with.

At that time, Talent LMS was just established. We looked into it, watched the tutorial videos, emailed support with questions, and played around on the free version of the system .

We decided to go with Talent LMS because the interface is clean but can be customized, to some extent. The videos are basic, but customer support is very responsive and even addresses suggestions for changes. The lowest level is free but even the next level up is reasonable - and the site allows for movement within the levels whenever the customer activity fluctuates.

The setup is simple and the reports generated are sufficient, and can be shared with supervisors of the students. Overall, Talent LMS was just what we needed.

There are a few cons, as in everything. The site is not American, so some of the spelling and syntax of the site comments are non-standard. The setup allows super-administrators to move around the site as administrators, instructors, or students. At times, it is difficult to remember which commands are under which role. A site map would be helpful in such cases.

Overall, however, Talent LMS meets our needs without us having to reinvent the wheel - and we can then focus on our expertise to provide the trainings.

Paul W.

LMS jam-packed with features

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

TalentLMS is very user friendly.

Pros

I love that there are so many features available for the price. This is truly a value for money LMS.

Cons

I would like to see more features on the dashboard to format the custom homepage.

Response from Epignosis

Thanks for your review and 5-star rating, Paul! Our mission is to democratize learning, so value for money is super important to us, too! Our support team would love to hear your suggestions on what customizations would be useful to you, so don't hesitate to send them an email! Thanks again!

Brandon S.

Mr

Reviewed on 14/02/2018

Pros

TalentLMS is feature rich, easy to use and has a lot of options for creating courses. They also offer a lot of customization options in terms of the domain, theme, logo, etc.

Cons

Much to my surprise, TalentLMS does not have a Google integration. You can upload documentation from Google, but not a direct integration to Drive. I found this surprising with so many G Suite business users out there.

Response from Epignosis

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're really glad that TalentLMS has helped you cover your training needs!

Sounds like a good idea! Why don't add in on our Suggestions page (http://support.talentlms.com/forums/162648-general)? This will allow other users to upvote the idea which in turn helps shape our future roadmap.

Once again, thanks for sharing your experience with TalentLMS :)

Alexandre D.

Good product to create a learning platform

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Easy to use and configure. Easy to create courses and many functionalities.

Pros

The UX and UI are good.
It has groups, branches and categories. I also like that we can set up our domain and our logo etc.
Responsive website.

Cons

Not sure that we can set a course free with a payable certification (I don't need it for now but would in the future).

Response from Epignosis

Thank you for reviewing TalentLMS, Alexandre! Please feel free to reach out to our support team for any information you can't find in the trusty TalentLMS Knowledge Base.

Gerardo L.

It is the perfect tool that we were looking for, it has many features that save us time and...

Reviewed on 08/07/2018

We decided to move to web-based software to deliver our online classes and TalentLSM gave us all the tools we need

Pros

We researched several LMS systems before deciding on TalentLMS and you guys won the search. It is very easy platform to learn and manage, have included the most useful features in the system, ability to create basic courses easily. It has some impressive features. One of them that we liked is that we have the ability to generate detailed reports of our students. We are satisfied with the choice.

Cons

Limited to customize. We would like to be able to customize pages more deeply now is very limited.

Response from Epignosis

Hello, Gerardo! Thank you for choosing TalentLMS for delivering your online classes. We're happy to hear your positive words, and we promise to make our platform more flexible and easy-to-use with every new release. Please, check out our expert tips below on making the most of the TalentLMS customization features:

Thanks!

Marvin T.

Does the jobb and more

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Pros

It is easy to use, deploy and the employees like and find it easy to access and use.

Cons

It has what we need and most people need. I would for example have learning content like hotspots. Also more dynamic tests that you could embed in video, but they are all nice to have compared to the pros of talentlms.

Response from Epignosis

It's great to hear that your learners enjoy using TalentLMS, Marvin!