MYOB Business

Write a Review!
Online accounting & payroll for every business

3.5/5
3.7/5
3.7/5
3.3/5

Arslan
  • Industry: Banking

The Software helps me to evolve in my career my much .

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

The benefits are countless. I am really happy and exceptionally relaxed with using this software. By far, its the most reliable and efficient software that I have encountered.

Pros

The systematic features really helps to sort out the accounting issues. I am always leading the task upto the standards and mostly efficiently only using this specialized software.

Cons

The complications of finding a specific set of files is really hectic. I have to go through the whole bunch of files and reenters the balance whenever I have to made some ammendments.

Anthony
  • Industry: Telecommunications

MYOB Accounts Plus

Reviewed on 03/11/2022

overall good

overall good

Pros

Online and off line accessMobile scanning of receipts

Cons

some search features could be better. Doesn't narrow down search when entering items or descriptions

QuickBooks Desktop

easier to use
Ian
  • Industry: Graphic Design

MYOB Essentials

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

All good except for the slow support and issues with the product.

All good except for the slow support and issues with the product.

Pros

Easy to use once you know how. I like that I can log on from anywhere top access the accounting software.

Cons

MYOB ceased to support Account Edge on Mac so on recommendation by the sales team I transferred to MYOB Essentials. It is easy to use however because it's web based it hangs intermittently. MYOB added a feature to Item ID on invoicing, adding an information symbol without widening the column. This causes the Item ID to be partially obliterated. This makes it difficult when checking item numbers or picking the order. I have spoken to support who have failed to address the issue or even discuss it. The other issue is support. I have literally waited on for one and half hours before getting to the person I need to speak to.

Rani
  • Industry: Automotive

Great software. Does everything we need it to do and more.

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Great accounting, and always updating with new features. Our accountant could just log in and do our end of years immediately.

Pros

-Highly customisable for invoicing and parts inventories.
-Has great reports. We found if you knew what you wanted to keep an eye on in the business, then you could design a report for it. Not all accounting programs or workshop software can do that so easily.
-once it was set up for our workshop, it worked amazingly. Very intuitive

Cons

-We were new to this software, and it took a long time to set it up, (6 mnths), specifically for how we needed it to work. (automotive workshop), You almost needed to be a trained accountant i felt.
-Support used to take at least 1 day if not 2 to get back to you.

Bridie

MYOB Business

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

Overall I like using MYOB Business I feel my skills in accounting are only getting stronger through utilising MYOB daily.

Pros

I find MYOB relatively straight-forward to use. I have had to teach myself as my background is in education and not accounting. I find the forums helpful. I find I learn through practise so the more I am using MYOB Business the easier it is becoming for me.

Cons

I would love it to be easier to switch between products and for it to simply be as easy as clicking a button to transfer all our data across.

Karen

Sold a dummy!

Reviewed on 17/08/2018

I have been a business user of MYOB for other companies using bigger MYOB packages for over a decade and find it fairly good although it has serious bugs which are reported by the truckload by all the accountants I know and they are NEVER fixed even after a decade. Like how the excel file download makes all the numbers text and the "manual calculation" field is auto set meaning you have to reformat each and every download twice (format numbers and turn on auto calc) to use the spreadsheet to add up.

Designed and run by non accountants

Pros

Nothing. completely useless. Doesn't comply with ATO requirements unless you have no employees and what business has no employees? Misleading advertising and advice.

Cons

I am a small business with single employee. Noting that one touch payroll was becoming mandatory next year I decided to put my accounts on a basic package to comply. I rang up and they sold me MYOB essentials telling me it would fully comply. After upteem dozen attempts to create a single employee which failed I ring up and they tell me well actually this entry level despite having all the menu structures and appearing online to do payroll does not do payroll at ALL and I need to pay almost double.

I found the set up very very nonintuitive in its coaching. You start one entry set up the field, then it takes you away to a whole different menu you need to complete and then doesn't take you back to where you were. There are heaps of bugs and going online you see everyone else having the same problem.

Kate

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

Being in the cloud makes access to this program easy. It is user friendly and easy to navigate. The cost did increase quite a bit over the 6 years I was using it but it is pretty relative to other accounting software available.

Pros

This program is in the cloud so it can be accessed from anywhere that has internet.

Cons

You couldn't do a recurring transaction.

'Kim's

MYOB Essentials

Reviewed on 17/02/2019

Keep clients complaint!

Keep clients complaint!

Pros

This product makes the day to day task of a business owner more professional!

Cons

the Cost of the software could put a few people off!

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Great software, but too pricey for my needs

Reviewed on 02/11/2020

Good software with lots of useful functionality, but too pricey for my needs and too cumbersome compared to other options

Pros

MYOB will polished with lots of mine integrations and options.

Cons

There are a number of different portals with different purposes and I would get lost sometimes navigating the various sites.

QuickBooks Enterprise, Xero and Reckon One

Reasons for Switching to MYOB Business

I didn't choose it in the end.
Bruce
Bruce

Need to be dragged into the new century

Reviewed on 16/06/2019

We have been stuck on it - and are currently planning our migration away from it.

Pros

Commonly used across small business which makes it easier to find bookkeepers who have experience in it

Cons

Needs to have a major overview from a features, functionality and user experience perspective.
Nearly no new features in 15 years.
An upgrade in technology, but delivering using out-dated tech stacks and restrictive implementation.
Not a wonder people are moving in droves to other products.

Joanne

MYOB - easy to use, does what you need

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Offers features that I need to do to manage the Company Financials. Support has been great and responsive.

Pros

MYOB is intuitive for the user to use, easy to use, simple to setup, has all the features you need to manage the Company finances. Also when regulation changes it quickly incorporates those changes and explains easily how to use the feature.

Cons

MYOB can get quite slow around EOFY - needs more grunt put in place around these times for cloud hosting. There is no live chat within the application for support.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to MYOB Business

Pricing and easier to use.
Jennifer

Ok platform at the time however went with Xero

Reviewed on 14/03/2023

Pros

I needed the ability to access accounting transactions online.

Cons

What I liked least about MYOB business is that is was very limited therefore went with Xero.

Kara

Myob

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Very easy to use. Clients are happy with it and also find it easy with minimal questions

Pros

The ease of using this program. Being able to get into clients accounts and finalising their work.

Cons

I have no issues to report with this program.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Upgrade of platform rubbish

Reviewed on 23/08/2021

Very frustrating, dissatisfaction and disappointment.
Will be looking at Xero.

Very frustrating, dissatisfaction and disappointment.
Will be looking at Xero.

Pros

Nothing about the new upgraded platform, all information has to transferred over.
Too many gimmicks of cartoon characters , boxes with useless information and graphs taking up half of the dashboard. Support of myob is very inexperienced and wasted 3 hrs on the phone to resolve payroll issues.
Did not ask or want the upgrade now paying more for a useless product.

Cons

Navigation is too complex, nothing is clear and simple.
Super is not calculated correctly, some of the information has not migrated over with the new platform had to re input details. A lot of wasted time.

Pam
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Small business user

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Good program for small business and very easy to fix mistakes but no audit trail

Pros

Easy to use and can have detailed accounts set up,at 4 levels
Reports are set up so easy to use out of the box
Great program in box

Cons

From an audit perspective not great as you can renter things without an audit trail
No reporting flexibility

Marilyn

Processing

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

The background of MYOB needs to be updated to keep up with the updates

The background of MYOB needs to be updated to keep up with the updates

Pros

This software is easy to use . It has all the modules you need to run a small to medium business in todays environment.

Cons

Processing is slow and will freeze the screen Myob does not like large files which is a huge problem.

Michele

ease of use

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Makes my work life convenient

Makes my work life convenient

Pros

Helps a lot with accounting work for clients. Myob essential version allows me to log in and work on in where ever I’m located (as long as I have internet access)

Cons

Only worked when there is internet access available, not available offine.

• Industry: Legislative Office
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great Product

Reviewed on 14/01/2019

I would recommend it to someone say a professional bookkeeper, I found Quickbooks to be more user friendly for easy bookkeeping soultuons also finding Quickbooks a lot cheaper than MYOB.

Pros

Very detailed, Easy to add transactions.

Cons

I found the software was not very “user friendly” especially as someone who isn’t the greatest at Bookeeping, the terms (words) and navigation was very hard sometimes. I ended up switching to Quickbooks.

Beverly

MYOB software

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

Pros

Process was easy to set up, had some good features that were used frequently

Cons

Needed more features added to make good use of the accounting,invoices were limited

Neil
  • Industry: Veterinary

Where's the support?

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

I would definitely not recommend this product when there are better ones on the market, such as Xero.

Pros

It integrated with my previous payroll programme

Cons

Difficult to fix problems. Useless customer support. Currently on hold for 110 minutes and counting, and have been "first in the queue" for at least 40 minutes. Their support number is not easy to find and the wait times are unacceptable. Also, the payroll needs more steps than xero to pay staff and report to IRD.

matt
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A must for any small business

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

Pros

its ease of use, Its simple. Everything is a click a way all bookkeepers and accountnats will have access in the back ground to pullt he data they need to complete tax things

Cons

I would ideally like to see a scheduling app or component added which id desktop and phone friendly

QuickBooks Online
Glenn

Can not export or import anything useful. Locked in.

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

I would avoid unless you only want to use it for a small business with no plans to grow to the stage where you need to upgrade your accounting software. Also requires a internet connection to run.

Pros

Easy to use for a small business. Its web based so you dont need to install any software, and you can use it from any location where you have internet access.

Cons

Import and export data options VERY limited. Can only import items and contacts, can only export a account and journal summary for your accountant. This means you cant use Essentials with a 3rd part system, or export your data if you later decide to stop using Essentials, effectively locking you in. Would make it difficult for a growing business to upgrade to a more advanced accounting system, you would need to manually enter all your records from scratch.

Harinder
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Call center people don't know what they are doing or how to setup licence properly

Reviewed on 03/03/2019

Horrible experience so far with MYOB, time I have waste every day to get my MYOB going is beyond limit as I have other things to do.

Pros

Overall software is not bad but support team is not trained enough to sort out all the issues customer might have. I know my licence issue not been resolved from last two months!!!

Cons

I'm trying to sort out my licence issue from last two months but unfortunately it is still keep going. I have to spend couple of hours on phone to get it sorted and they assure it won't happen again but after couple of weeks and sometime every next day it stop working and keep asking for renew your subscription.
I'm very much pissed off with support people as it seems like they don't know shit and I'm thinking to change to xero instead.

Marcus  Maciej
Marcus Maciej

The interface is ok but the customer service is terrible

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

Pros

I liked the layout of the software. It is generally easy to use. The colour palette and general design is quite pleasing to the eye.

Cons

It's quite expensive for a small business and of course they hide a lot of information before you purchase. At per month I could not enter more than 5 expenses per month! Ridiculous! Had to upgrade! Cancelling you account is very difficult and they will try and screw you out of every last cent. I will never ever use this company or software again. SO ANGRY at the account closing process. They might have stolen but it has cost them a customer and I will tell everybody I meet to avoid that software and company like the plague!

Melanie

Easy to use for Small Business

Reviewed on 04/10/2018

I've been using MYOB Essentials for about 2 years now. It's a simple system for a small business.

Pros

Great import feature for bank accounts (main bank accounts are available - some smaller banks are not able to auto import)
Simple payroll functionality
Easy account reconciliation

Cons

There is no simple search facility across the database - you have to enter each screen to perform a search
Reports are hard to find and dates are