Cirrus Insight Reviews

4.1/5
4.0/5

Chris
Chris

If you use Salesforce you need this!

Reviewed on 27/04/2018

Pros

Obviously this is a perfect compliment to your Salesforce CRM. You can do so much right from your inbox without even having to log in to Salesforce. Track email opens, create and update records, and use the scheduling feature to save a ton of time!

John

Good for big organizations

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Cirrus Insight has saved us a lot of time since our team has implemented it and has done wonders for our calendar and contact integration with our CRM. While the basic features can be found for free on some platforms, the powerful, unique features are worth the subscription.

Pros

Cirrus Insight is great for large organizations, particularly those running large CRM databases. The integration with Gmail allows for users to be more productive and to stay on one screen rather than switching tabs within a browser or perhaps across browsers. The integration is robust and features such as email sync, calendar sync and campaigns are very useful. Email templates also save a lot of time. The calendar scheduler is among the top features as well. Very powerful.

Cons

Many of the powerful features Cirrus Insight provides are not suited for a small organization, particularly those who do not launch large marketing campaigns. There are several features that are great in a vacuum but that our team is simply too small to leverage. No fault of Cirrus Insight; it is simply a suitability comment.

Amanda

We use it reluctantly because it fulfills our basic needs but it doesn't give us joy

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Not optimal and there are services that are much better but since our team doesn't need the extra bells and whistles services like Salesloft offers we just stick with this because it's slightly cheaper. :(

Pros

Emails logged to Salesforce, Team templates (although they are annoying to upload), Send later, set reminders.

Cons

-Slows Gmail inbox
-Sometimes prevents emails from being sent if Cirrus is glitching
-Uploading templates is clunky in salesforce and the way it pulls fields from Contact reports isn't user-friendly
-Sometimes the reminders don't log properly into Salesforce
-Customer support isn't proactive and sometimes takes multiple outreaches to identify a problem
-Our plan isn't large enough for us to have a dedicated account manager so it feels unwelcoming
-Overpriced
-Having to sign long contracts feels disingenuous.

Adam

How Cirrus is embedded into our business process

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Cirrus is a fundamental part of our business process. We easily record All our important emails, write file notes and tasks all within our email. All this is achieved within our email system without having to login Salesforce.

Pros

Cirrus allows us to easily assign important emails to our contacts and opportunities to meet our legislated record keeping requirements.

Cons

Each email needs to be individually checked at the close of a deal to ensure it has been allocated to the client and opportunity. A bulk process function would save even more time.

Patrick

I loved them when I had them

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

I could youse templates to have a call to action from my clients - then click a button to have them book a time. sometimes I would send the email later with the scheduling tab. It made me look professional and I really was able to stead ahead of the client vs play catch-up

Pros

It seamlessly integrated with my Gmail account and my calendars. It worked well- people understand how to use it and the software was always correct it never malfunctioned

Cons

sometimes when you started up your computer you would have to manually sink everything.

Great Software, OK Support

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Core product works great. Expect changes around features and growing pains — this is a you d company trying to do everything.

Pros

Really full features. Fantastic to be able to share templates, link emails to Salesforce, ‘send later’, provide one-click scheduling to prospects.

Cons

Customer Support was weak, especially for now-pulled Non-Salesforce product. Took the company 6 weeks to track down an login error caused by our users’ G Suite Email addresses involving capital letters!

Philip
Philip

Great way to log activity into SalesForce

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Overall, I'd highly recommend Cirrus Insight to any sales team that want to streamline their activity logging processes and to folks that want a "mini Salesforce" inside their gmail instance.

Pros

Cirrus Insight made it very easy for our reps to log their emails as activities in SalesForce. The read receipts and tracking also helped them follow up on emails that were never answered.

Cons

The integration with SalesForce often broke. I really wish it was more reliable.

Will
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Powerful tool for syncing communications to Salesforce

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Pros

Cirrus Insight is a very powerful tool. It quickly and easily links your email communications to Salesforce. It is also a faster way to access records and involves a lot less clicks than the Salesforce interface.

I also use and appreciate the scheduling tool and follow-up reminder alerts.

Cons

Cirrus Insight can be a little opaque. For instance, when you restart your browser, CI will fail to load in Gmail. There is nowhere to “turn it on;” you just have to refresh the tab and wait for it to appear. This is not a regular occurrence, but when it happens, it’s annoying.

Kevin

Salesforce (classic & lightning) Service Cloud
- very happy
- saves time
- easy to use

Pros

- Reliability (the SF tool for Outlook Email we used to have was broken all the time)
- Efficient (easy to move communication, saving lots of time)

Cons

- Wish the emails went into the Case's Comments section instead of Activities but not a big deal
- When adding emails via the plug-in, sometimes I wish it connected info in my email better to case nos. so I wouldn't have to search further. Solution to this = putting my case nos. in email subject lines.

Michael

Great features great value a little buggy tho

Useful when it works but Frustrating when it doesnt

Useful when it works but Frustrating when it doesnt

Pros

Salesforce sync, Gmail contact sync and email tracking and follow ups

Cons

Some features are buggy. Some emails get tracked and some don't event though tracking is always on by default. Google auth keeps dropping.

Jason

Makes logging Salesforce activity right from my inbox a breeze!

Reviewed on 25/01/2017

As a season sales leader, the Cirrus Insight tool provides my team considerable ROI in keeping them within their Inbox and streamlining Salesforce updates. Gone are the days of spending an hour at the end of your day to log all of your sales activity and opportunity updates. The accuracy of my reports, pipelines, and forecasts have all drastically increased as a result of the Cirrus tool. When transitioning accounts, a sales rep can very easily view detailed notes and account activity captured by the CIrrus tool to seamlessly maintain account/sales momentum.

Pros

Ease of use, UI, and streamlined ability to update records and activity in Salesforce

Review of CI w/Office-Outlook

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Pros

Very convenient to keep working with email, while at the same time entering/checking basic SF lead/contact/task info. That saves time.

Cons

It still does present some functional issues, at least with the Office/Outlook environment
1. UYpon creating a lead it does prompt/prefill contact details, bot somehow I can not use this prefill, so need to retype it all manually
2. It has a button to log a call, but upon clicking this button opens a screen with "new task"?
3. upon the latest update, my Outlook seems to have become much slower to respond (?)

Rosa

Better tools out there for our purposes

Reviewed on 03/04/2020

It helped with transparency and visibility into customer communications but the negatives really outweighed the positives

Pros

Syncing data to Salesforce was essential, updating fields directly from your inbox, seeing if a customer had opened and clicked through

Cons

It CONSTANTLY caused inbox and browser issues. It reached a point where most of our team had to disable it to get any work done.

Kathleen
  • Industry: Government Relations

Simplify Your Life!

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

I no longer have to copy and paste correspondence from clients in my Outlook into my CRM. A couple of clicks using Cirrus Insight and it’s done for me! Short and sweet! Move onto next task!

Pros

Citrus Insight allows you to save correspondence in Salesforce in an easy and simplistic manner!

Cons

There’s really nothing not to like about Cirrus Insight!

It's a worth while email tracking software that can be utilized for sales and service teams.

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

Email tracking, syncs email activities to Salesforce, schedule follow up reminders.

Pros

I like that it is very easy to sync with Salesforce CRM. I can even create new contacts or accounts from my Gmail through Cirrus.

Cons

Sometimes, I notice that Cirrus does not accurately track opens on emails i send out. I also have to manually click a button to make sure an email thread is properly added to the appropriate contact/account record in Salesforce.

Jessica

Seemed very promising but surprisingly nonresponsive customer support

Reviewed on 15/08/2017

Pros

The integration with Salesforce in theory should make this such a time saver. No more manual data entry of contacts or of emails received/sent as Activities in Salesforce. Fairly intuitive to use.

Cons

There were some bugs with some of the custom aspects of our Salesforce instance. That's fine. But I was on a trial and was ready to sign on for the service b/c it seemed so promising, but the customer service to try to resolve the bugs was surprisingly bad. I don't know if they were just stumped or what, but I followed up several times to try to get a sense of their progress, and they just never replied. They had been friendly at first, but perhaps the problem was bigger than they felt our business was worth, so they never followed up. It bummed me out not to be able to continue with them, but if they don't put on their best show of customer support before I'm even a customer, I couldn't trust they'd do their best when I was.

Susie
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Cirrus Insight Fills the Gap!

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Overall, Cirrus Insight has been the tool our company was searching for. It turned our plain-Jane CRM system into a powerful email and activity tracking system that, now, we can't live without!

Pros

The Cirrus Insight integration with Salesforce is phenomenal! It bridges the gap between the CRM and activity/email tracking in an easy to use way.

Cons

There were a few minor glitches when we first installed Cirrus Insight. We didn't have a clear understanding of how to track emails, but once we learned it's been a breeze ever since!

Not as good as Clearslide

Reviewed on 22/08/2018

From what I have gathered Cirrus is a pretty competitively prices solution. With that being said I might splurge for a little more robust of a tool with more intuitive reporting if I were implementing a tool for my sales team.

Pros

Having any type of email communication tool is always beneficial and even preferred over traditional prospecting efforts. Cirrus gives you the ability to easily import reports directly from Salesforce which is very nice. Being able to share templates across entire teams has proven beneficial when it comes to our team working together and collaborating on ideas.

Cons

Coming from being a Clearslide user I find the interface with Salesforce to be a little clunky. I see they are trying to make them seamless and easier to navigate between, but I think they are simply missing the mark. I preferred the reporting and interface of Clearslide much more.

Good point solution, works well, but not as robust as other saleso utbound tools

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Great little tool to get started before you use SalesLoft or Outreach.io.

Great little tool to get started before you use SalesLoft or Outreach.io.

Pros

It's a simple point solution, mainly used by sales to add things on to emails. Like dripping emails over time, auto-logging to salesforce, delay sending an email. It works well!

Cons

Much of its functionality has been absorbed into sales outbound tools like SalesLoft and Outreach.io. So rather than needing Cirrus + SalesLoft, we now only need SalesLoft, and have few people using Cirrus.

Julie
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Cirrus review

Reviewed on 08/08/2018

Cirrus insight takes the guessing away and the tracking is so simple. How could any sale team be without it?

Pros

We use it for email tracking , scheduling meetings, follow up and links to salesforce. You can track emails and see how many times they are opened, including the attachments. Our team relies on cirrus.

Cons

nothing really that I don't like except you always have to make sure it's linked with your email

Ed

Natively integrates with Salesforce

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

It's been positive

It's been positive

Pros

Ability to integrate natively with Salesforce and sync our Calendar, Inbox and Tasks

Cons

Took some time to figure out how to setup with Salesforce

Simple email tracking that works occasionally

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

It helps facilitate communications with your prospects, saves time, and is easy to use.

Pros

I like the fact that you can save your templates, and insert them when you need it. It is very easy to use.

Cons

It tends not to work a lot of times. The name does not populate correctly, creates issues and does not sync up correctly. It is not very intuitive, a little clunky.

James
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Cirrus-ly, just use it

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

Over all I would say Cirrus is one of the better tools I have used for emails.

Over all I would say Cirrus is one of the better tools I have used for emails.

Pros

Probably that it combined a couple products that my prior company used all under one roof making my back and forth a little easier.

Cons

Recently, for over a week they had some really bad connectivity issues where we had to login in several times per day.

I love this overall, however I have had issues with bugs multiple times.

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Really helps our team better use salesforce.

Really helps our team better use salesforce.

Pros

This has greatly improved how our team uses Salesforce and tracks activities. Its also a great way to keep track of task and contacts.

Cons

This software is often very buggy, specifically regarding the calendar functions. However, support has been great!

CYNTHIA
  • Industry: Higher Education

GREAT PRODUCT

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

USE IT WITH SALESFORCE. USER SAVES CORRESPONDENCE FROM POTENTIAL PROSPECTS AND SAVE IT IN SALESFORCE. THE EXPERIENCE IS SEAMLESS AND USER FRIENDLY. IT CAN ALSO BE CONFIGURED WITH CUSTOM OBJECTS. THE MOBILE APP IS VERY USEFUL FOR TRAVELING MARKETING FOLKS WHO TOUR THE COUNTRY TO HOLD EVENTS AND ATTRACT NEW PROSPECTS. SERVICE IS GREAT. INVITED THEM TO TBSR AND WERE VERY ACCOMMODATING TO HIGHER ED SPECIFIC CLIENTS.