The LMS for Training Companies

4.4/5
4.9/5

64 Software options

Anwyn M.

Great product, stellar customer support

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Pros

The Firmwater LMS product is incredibly intuitive and user friendly. We are able to easily keep track of our clients and specific users, and there was hardly a learning curve. We did multiple conference calls with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our Firmwater representative, who gave priceless instruction and suggestions again and again to get us set up. And that's what really impresses me; the customer support.
The longest it has ever taken to receive a response from their support team is still less than one business day. They are quick to respond, knowledgeable about their product and the authoring tools (I primarily use Articulate Storyline).
It would have been infinitely more difficult to set up our site without their instruction, advice, and hard work. Their help has been invaluable

Cons

I don't have any outright complaints. If a user is experiencing issues with the trainings we put out it's sometimes because they're using outdated software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been able to tell me if the user is on a mobile device and what browser and version they're running. It would be helpful if we could have that information.

SAP Litmos

Reasons for Switching to Firmwater LMS

Firmwater has many more options for us to use to keep our learners on track and provided pre and post tests.

Response from Firmwater

Anwyn,

Thanks for your kind words! We are happy to hear that we were able to help you get off to a good start with Firmwater LMS.

Regarding the info on user devices - this is a report that you have access to in the system. I'll give you a call to show you how you can access it! You can also find instructions in our help center (under General Admin Guide > Reports > Logins).

Best,

Josie & the Firmwater Team

Scott R.

A solid and flexible LMS

Reviewed on 17/05/2021

We switched from another solution and Firmwater has greater flexibility. Our support has been very responsive and able to get us running quickly. Recommended.

Pros

Firmwater is one of very few LMSs made specifically for training providers. If you want the ability to host an LMS on behalf of other clients, this is the ideal solution.

Cons

Like any LMS, there's a bit of a learning curve, but it's not bad, and the support is very good.

Response from Firmwater

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the excellent review! We're happy to see you're satisfied with your client sites and the support you've received so far. We look forward to our continued partnership.

-Liam and the Firmwater Team

Patty C.

It took a little while to learn it but now it's very easy to navigate it.

Reviewed on 03/10/2017

The most important benefit, besides very few if any user technical issues, is not having to personally deactivate accounts because the system does it automatically.

Pros

It has a lot of great features: Allowing a payee to send an invitation to someone else, easy access to the certificates after account is inactive, ability to send e-mails to participants reminding them of their time limit, automatically deactivating participants after a period of time, easy access to management to change participant's information (e-mail address), being able to resend invitations to start the class, easy access to view participant's information by management, and many other features that I can't think of.

Cons

There are only a few drawbacks or cons that we found: Some reports cannot be printed out using PDF.

Response from Firmwater

Hi Patty, thank you for a great, comprehensive review! We are very glad that our LMS features meet your needs and most importantly, that you find our LMS easy to navigate.

All of our reports, with the exception of 'Attempt Data Export', are available for PDF export. We encourage you to get in touch with our support team for more information about exporting reports.

Dax L.

A Very Capable, Cost Effective LMS Solution for Our Company

Reviewed on 30/06/2010

Overall, I would strongly recommend Firmwater to any small - medium sized business looking for a simple and effective LMS. This LMS is fantastic for training companies such as our own that resell training programs to other businesses. Firmwater provides a great service to our company.

Pros

Firmwater's LMS is very easy to setup and use. It is easy for us, as a training company, to add new clients, get them setup with an administrative account, show them the basics, and then let them do what they need to do. I like the customization options that we can provide to each new client (custom domain, company logo, etc.) with just a few clicks of the mouse.

Firmwater is able to effectively run and track the content that we upload (typically Articulate created elearning programs) with excellent accuracy and immediate response time. The multitude of reports on each user and piece of content is a great feature for us.

The cost of Firmwater's LMS is what really set them apart from other LMS providers that we researched. Their pricing structure allows us to maintain low overhead costs and remain ultra-competitive with our own pricing structures.

Cons

One feature that I wish was available within Firmwater was the ability to email users or send users reminders that their training needs to be completed by this date. As it stands currently, we have to generate reports and then export those reports to get a list of email addresses that have not completed a program.

I know that new features are constantly in development and the Firmwater team works hard to put out their best product possible, and I hope that this feature gets implemented somewhere down the road.

Response from Firmwater

Dax: Thanks for your review.

Our #1 customer enhancement request is for automated email notifications. The initial functionality is now available and added functionality will be available later in the year.

Russell W.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A top-notch training platform for training companies!

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Firmwater LMS allows us to offer our clients the unique ability have their very own, branded training portal. The ability to completely control the management of users, training content, reporting, training records, etc. are all very valuable features which has allowed us to win more contracts. Also, when things do go wrong, Firmwater LMS absolutely delivers on customer support.

Pros

The white-labeled training portal is a market differentiator for selling to our B2B clients.

Cons

Some of the standard features, such as free trial access and monthly subscriptions, are not available with Firmwater LMS. The feature of customizing training certificates is limited which can cause issues with regulatory requirements. Navigating and using the platform is not always user friendly and user mistakes can cause costly errors if you aren't careful. I don't care for having to rely on Firmwater staff to help me implement changes in my portal.

Response from Firmwater

Russ,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really strive for Firmwater LMS to help training businesses like yours to differentiate themselves in the industry.

Josie
Customer Success Specialist

Mieng L.

Great cloud LMS platform

Reviewed on 23/03/2017

We've used Firmwater LMS to deliver our security awareness training to customers that do not have their own LMS. The LMS enables us to whitelabel and brand the LMS for our needs and for our customers.

Support has been exceptional responding to questions related to the platform quickly and thoroughly.

I would love to see a refresh on the UI and reporting.

Response from Firmwater

Thanks for your review! We¿re happy to provide you with what you and your customers need and are glad to hear you¿re satisfied with support. Our team is currently working on some new improvements to both UI and reporting.

We always love to hear from our customers what their needs are and what they were looking to change. We will reach out to you soon to address what updates you were looking for in terms of UI and reporting.

Andrew K.

A Superior LMS for content publishers

Reviewed on 30/06/2010

I highly recommend the Firmwater development team and the Firmwater LMS to any content developer/training provider that needs a solution to deliver online training content. The LMS was designed with content vendors in mind. With the Firmwater LMS you can concentrate on your training content and let Firmwater handle the rest.

Pros

TPC maintains the largest industrial skills training library with over 640 hours on online content and many more hours of offline training material. We currently have over 200 online clients and are adding 3 to 5 new clients per month to our TPC Online (Firmwater LMS).

The Firmwater LMS makes administering so many clients and managing content between them easy. The LMS was designed from the ground up to support content publishers and handles complex tasks with ease.

From our clients perspective, the Firmwater LMS hides all complexity behind a straightforward interface making it simple to register users, create training assignments, manage users, and run reports.

Cons

It's difficult to think of any Cons regarding the Firmwater LMS.

Colin P.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Can't Say Enough Good Things

Reviewed on 07/10/2015

Software has worked great since day one. When something is not right (every time it has been me not following the right process) support walks me through how to do it correctly. Great value for the money.

Pros

Customer support is excellent.
Great and easy interface

Cons

None to date. Every thing we asked for and more.

Cole C.

Firm Water LMS

Reviewed on 21/10/2015

This was my first experience using an online LMS. The customer support was excellent and the staff went the extra mile to explain the system to a novice such as myself. Our client was happy with the product. All in all, a success story.

Pros

Customer Support, ease of use.

Cons

The online help section was not as specific to user level as it could have been, but the customer support made up for this con.

David F.

Firmwater Is Absolutely Dependable

Reviewed on 26/05/2016

I sell a digital product for real estate agents. My course is approved by the Florida Real Estate Commission for three hours of continuing education. I need a company I that will be totally honest with me, that I can absolutely depend on to serve my customer's needs. I know first hand, because they have served mine at that level.

Pros

Priced right. Exceed expectations every single time. Absolutely dependable.

Cons

None and don't expect any.

Jill H.

Simple, Great service

Reviewed on 03/06/2015

I really appreciate the simplicity of this software. It's great if there are different classrooms or courses with lots of different sections. The customer service contacted me about twice a week while I was doing a test run. The only thing I disliked was the spread of the administrator menu. It would be better suited if there were several buttons all in one tab. But this is personal preference.

Nathan P.

Great company to work with

Reviewed on 13/06/2016

First time LMS user and it has been easy to pick up. Customer support has been quick to respond and very helpful. Each update had made using their LMS easier.

Patrick M.

Does the job

Reviewed on 20/03/2017

The firmwater software does gets us by. The reporting feature is not ideal and I often question the accuracy of its data, and I feel as if I have no specified customer support manager.

Pros

Once I figured out what I needed to get done in it, it is relatively easy to use.

Cons

user interface appears outdated and reporting feature is lacking.

Response from Firmwater

We¿re sorry to hear that Patrick. Our team is known for excellent customer support and are quite surprised to see that you feel this way as we have always received excellent compliments for our service from your end.

We have been trying to reach out to you and further explore the features you needed. Please give us a call or email us at your convenience to discuss this in more depth.

Carolyn Q.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Firewater Saves the Day During COVID Shut Downs

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

Excellent. Firewater's solution allowed us to virtually certify and train hundreds of cleaning professionals on infection prevention during a time when they needed remote training and a foundational understanding of their role in preventing the spread of any infection.

Pros

The software was easy to use and easy to set-up but the best part was the client support. It saved us so much time to have quick responses and resolution of issues.

Cons

I would have liked more visuals in terms of course completion and scores.

Response from Firmwater

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for this fantastic review. We're so happy we were able to help you get your remote training up and running successfully. And thank you for your feedback regarding visuals on course completion and scores. We are always looking for client suggestions on how we can improve the user experience for learners.

Thanks again,
Liam and the Firmwater Team

Claire W.

Fantastic LMS for training companies

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

Our overall experience of Firmwater LMS has been fantastic. They are always happy to support and help us get the best out of the system.

Pros

Firmwater LMS is very intuitive and easy to use for both our internal team and our clients. It allows us to set up each of our clients with their own secure, personalised site. These client sites can also be integrated with the client's own LMS which is a huge advantage. The content library is set up in a way that allows us to easily manage our training content and share it with our clients as appropriate, saving lots of time compared to our previous LMS.

Cons

Users are unable to create custom reports.

Response from Firmwater

Claire,

Thank you for this fantastic review. It is great to hear that you have been able to save time and effort by using Firmwater LMS to deliver your training courses to your clients.

It has been a pleasure working with you!

The Firmwater Team

Andreas F.

A great partner in business

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Overall, I want to thank Firmwater for their great engagement in supporting our business. If you are looking for an experienced and yet flexible business partner, you don't have to look further!

Pros

It's stability. Especially for an LMS, Bugs can really hinder positive customer experience. Not with Firmwater - the software is well implemented. With over 25,000 trainings we use their LMS extensively. No major issues/ bugs occurred.

Cons

Since Firmwater customized the LMS UI language for our customers, there were some minor translation issues. They got resolved within hours by Firmwater, which is overall rather a Pro feature instead of a con :)

Cheryl G.

Excellent Customer Service!

Reviewed on 02/08/2016

We are a very small E-Learning company for Healthcare Professionals. We started our search for an LMS company knowing nothing about what we wanted, or who we wanted to work with. We actually took several months to make a decision. Diane Miziolek, Director of Business Development, has to be the most patient person I have ever met. She never pressured me and was available to answer my numerous questions whilst trying to make my decision. Once we decided on Firmwater, we've never looked back.

I'm quite sure Firmwater has much larger clients from whom they receive much larger revenue, however, we have had immediate response to any questions we may have had during our transition to a new website. This included uploading our content ourselves to Firmwater (I told you we were small!) and having absolutely no idea what we were doing. Firmwater Support has always been there to hold my hand and has graciously answered my questions and pointed out errors that may have caused potential problems in the future.

I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Pros

Very user friendly. Very easy to navigate. The "help" documentation is very easy to follow.

Philip M.

Firmwater LMS suits training providers

Reviewed on 09/07/2010

An expert company that is willing to listen and adapt to meet client needs. Happy to be a reference for them.

Pros

The Firmwater LMS solution was the best choice for us because they focus on providing functionality to a business like ours. We are a global training provider and want our clients to perceive the LMS as belonging to Channel Enablers. We also wanted to establish seperate secure LMS sites for each of our major 'downstream' customers. Only Firmwater could do this for us. The payment gateway solution also suits our needs.
Although we had expertise in e-learning we were new to SCORM and new to LMS. Firmwater helped us deploy our courses and shielded us from a lot of the complexity.
Pricing flexibility was important - Firmwater offer us options on a pay-per start or pay per number of users basis that suits our business.
Overall - a good solution at a reasonable cost.

Cons

The system is still developing - we look forward to additional ease of use improvements and improved user access security funcationality over time. None of these has been a show stopper.

Stephen W.

Vision Ed Seminars Review

Reviewed on 18/07/2010

Highly recommended for providing self-study type courses directly to individual consumers.

Pros

Although a instructor and author for many years, this was my first time use of online education format. Firmwater provided really outstanding customer support. They take a personal interest in your success and provide support above and beyond.

The very reasonable per-course-start pricing structure allows one to market courses directly to consumers rather than agencies.

Easily access and complete set of reports.

Intuitive user interface for students- I received no service requests on how to access courses.

Cons

Uploading multiple SCORM files into a single course requiresd customer support. Although CS is prompt in responding to this need, this still caused some delays.

There is a need to post an optional threaded discussion associated with each course offering.

Roxanne E.

Great option for small content providers

Reviewed on 24/02/2012

They are a great team to work with, very responsive to their customers needs.

Pros

The Firmwater LMS is ideal for companies looking for a way to monetize their content. The SAAS model combined with the technical support provide a viable way for companies with little IT infrastructure or staffing of their own to enter the eLearning market. Firmwater staff have always been quick to address technical support issues, and they continue to develop or enhance the product over time. While our courses are marketed directly to individuals, the ability to create different client portals has allowed us to develop strategic alliances with corporate users using different pricing models for each.

Cons

The one feature that we could use that isn't currently available is a promo code that can be applied at checkout.

Angela G.

Reviewed on 22/11/2012

Most important to us is the customer service. Firmwater has supported us 100%! Thank you.

Pros

The features completely delivered everything we needed. With little previous experience using a LMS, we found the system very easy to learn and navigate. This was important because we also had to support our clients as they were set-up to also administer their own systems.
Improved tracking of learner's activities was something our clients were asking for. The Firmwater LMS solution met those needs and more.

Cons

None so far!

Mark M.

Great product, above and beyond customer service

Reviewed on 17/04/2015

The only con of the experience, is that our company was a little inexperienced with the learning software and perhaps our level was not anticipated when the initial process was begun.

There were many pros, but these aspects stood out for us. The software is really clear cut and user friendly. The organization is great. The staff were excellent in getting back to our company in a timely manner. They were also professional, courteous, patient, and showed an excellent ability to problem solve.

Lastly, the company was able to work with our company in a flexible manner. This meant much to us.

Jacqueline D.

Reviewed on 26/07/2010

I've had the opportunity to work with Firmwater as an LMS provider and have found the team to be quite helpful; the system provides great reporting with great additional features. I would not hesitate to recommend them!

Pros

Excellent Customer Service, Willing and knowledgeable staff, robust system capable of supporting English and French, Flexible pricing structure (per course start or per person model)

Cons

The first organization set up takes a bit of getting used to but once you have an understanding of the flow it is great.

Myda E.

Very happy with our decision to go with Firmwater LMS

Reviewed on 29/09/2015

Firmwater LMS met all of our criteria and then exceeded our expectations. From pre-sale where we were given one-on-one introduction to the product, with time to explore the demo account, and helpful, friendly advice as to whether or not it was a good fit to post-sale where we have received excellent, timely customer service and support, we couldn't be happier with this product and team behind it. Highly recommended.

Katherine B.

A+ customer service

Reviewed on 15/09/2014

For our first foray into the eLearning market, Firmwater was definitely the right choice of LMS. They've provided reliable and incredibly fast customer service for a very manual method of delivering content to our customers. Overall there have been very few LMS mishaps, and the Firmwater team has also gone above and beyond to provide technical support where possible, even for our Articulate design software and Shopify integration.