Asana

4.5 (12,496)
The work management platform to organize work across teams.

(12,496)
4.3/5

Kelsey
Kelsey

Great task management software

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Pros

The best thing about asana is how easy it is to manage tasks effectively. Being self employed, i have a lot of tasks going around at one time, and asana helps me to streamline all my tasks so nothing is left behind.

Cons

No cons! I really enjoy all of asana’s functionalities and how it works for my business.

Jenn
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A taskmaster with a lot of potential

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

Overall, I think Asana is the best project management app on the market. Slack encourages a LOT of banter and makes it really difficult to stay on task. I think Asana is especially great for large teams and teams that need FOCUS. Comments are constrained to tasks and subtasks, and really, well, keeps folks ON TASK!

Pros

Asana was much less bloated than a lot of project management apps I investigated. While there is definitely a learning curve, Asana was significantly easier to understand and quickly implement.

Cons

The templates were overly complicated, and I wish the library of available templates was more varied. Sometimes it is challenging to track comments, and actually locate them, especially when there are a lot of subtasks within a task. A workflow needs to be established in terms of whether users will get email notifications for every update made in Asana. The updates can fill an inbox quickly. Also, I wish it were easier to integrate with Google Calendar. It seems klunky, like there are too many steps.

monday.com

ClickUp
Marissa
  • Industry: Accounting

Not hitting the mark....yet.

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Asana has made my work easier and less hectic. However, I think it could be an amazing software with a few glitches fixed.

Pros

I love the elimination of email usage. Instead of having 25+ emails and threads to look through and figure out tasks and updates, Asana gives the ease of including all conversations on one task and ability to mark as complete.

Cons

It isn't notifying the user who made the task. I would prefer to still have access to what I completed, but in order for the task manager to see I have completed....I have to reassign and then lose access.

Marcelo
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Online project management solution

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Asana is very helpful for organization that want to modernizing their project workflows and save time completing tasks. My experience with Asana is very joyful and I am able to complete project before the timeframe.

Pros

Asana help project manager to track and monitors project progress and worker that is responsible for the project/task. Simple dashboard viewing option make it easy to track project progress on the glance and which task is in error or still in pending.

Cons

Need a learning and training session before start utilizing this software. The features is quite modernized and need a full knowledge on the topic before making changes or configuration with the tools.

• Industry: Publishing

From One User to a Whole Team

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

Pros

The simplicity of Asana is what caused me first to start using it. I reviewed over a dozen task management tools and chose Asana because of its ease of use. From there, we expanded to using it for our whole team.

Cons

Asana does what it does really well, but it does not have as many features as some on my team wanted.

Transformational tool for nonprofits!

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

Incredibly helpful tool. Highly recommend.

Incredibly helpful tool. Highly recommend.

Pros

Asana has truly added so much value in how we track projects and tasks. It's been so helpful.

Cons

It's not userfriendly to set up, you need some training to get onboarded.

monday.com
Joe

A System With Many Capabilities

Reviewed on 13/03/2024

Asana has been great the more I have been using it. Once you take the time to learn how the system works, it starts working for you. I am able to focus on tasks without being bogged down with other assignments because Asana groups everything in specific projects which cuts down on confusion and inefficiency.

Pros

I like how comprehensive the system is. You can do so much with managing projects, assigning tasks and deadlines, and working cross-departmentally. Once you take the time to learn the system, it becomes so much more useful.

Cons

It can be a little overwhelming in the beginning to navigate the system and use it to its fullest potential. Workflows are challenging to understand. There are a ton of icons on the screen that can overcrowd the page.

Gaia

Nice to have to set all projects in order

Reviewed on 08/04/2024

Pros

I loved how different account holders could assign tasks and track the progresses. It worked great for collaborating with freelancers who worked remotely and with different schedules. Gave a great overview of the status and progression of multiple projects at once

Cons

The software did not Sync properly with all devices. Some team members used older gen devices and the updating and keeping everything synced was not the best

Jeff
Jeff

Excellent Project Management Software

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Pros

Asana is an easy-to-use piece of software that allows individuals to collaborate with minimal effort.

Cons

Haven't found any cons for Asana. Sorry.

Nikhil
Nikhil
  • Industry: Information Services

Your one stop tool to manage and track tasks!

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

I have been using Asana for a month almost now, since the day I started am recommending to my team members to use as i can communicate with them and follow up on the status of the task, all on one tool.

Pros

Task Management, Timelines, Priority wise segregation, Assigning the tasks to relevant team member and communication.

Cons

Couldn't find anything to dislike, from UI to features...everything was upto the mark.

Hugo
Hugo

Free version is already great, it is even better when you upgrade

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

I have been using Asana for many years, when I need to refer to a good and useful tool for managing project, I always say Asana. Moreover the free version offers all the needed basic features, it is impressive.

Pros

The clean UI, the board and custom fields.

Cons

Subtasks management (mostly in the board view) because too much click to reach them and no overall view (no nice hierarchical view with parents and child tasks).

Reasons for Choosing Asana

The Todos were not that good at that time, now it has changed. Also I thought it was expensive and Asana was free. Also I did not like the design, it is pretty at first but then it become difficult to have a bigger view on everything (the last version is better now, I know).

Reasons for Switching to Asana

It was free, was always in evolution, offered simplicity. I have used the paid version also the features are greats!

Response from Asana

Thanks for the awesome review, Hugo! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

We've some exciting updates coming up, so make sure to keep an eye on our release notes (https://asa.na/releasenotes) and product announcements in our community forum (https://asa.na/702)!

Vanessa

Asana helps me stay organized and on track, it's not always perfect but it's always improving

Reviewed on 17/10/2020

I use Asana a daily basis in my work and personal life. I get my thoughts laid out and am sure to enter all of the tasks I need to keep on my radar so they are out of my head and I can sleep at night! I love how I can also
I love the basic set up of Asana. I had been using it for years in my jobs, my business, and even my personal life. I love how well it helped me keep track of my tasks and projects. It helps me see what I need from different views but also keep items on my radar in my own projects while keeping them on the radar on my teammates projects.
I love all of the features it has and keeps adding. And most of all I really appreciate that even though it is not a perfect tool it is constantly improving. Their Rules (automations) seem like a great start as it is a new feature, I'm already making use of it. It's very helpful that tasks can live in multiple projects and that you can switch from different views (previously you had to pick one and could not change it).
The custom fields come in handy all of the time!

Pros

I love the basic set up and that you can switch between different views (when previously you had to choose one).
Portfolios are great for keeping an eye on multiple projects.
Having the ability to add tasks to multiple projects is a big plus and very helpful so that tasks can be seen from various perspectives. It's helpful also having the tag feature to group related tasks from various projects.
It's great that I can add emails straight to the projects as tasks and it's clickable so if I need to get more info or reply to the email its easy to find and open.
Custom fields are incredibly helpful so we can get the customized information that we need.
Forms I a great feature as well though I haven't been able to get much use of them as they are right now.

Cons

There are minor items that I'm not satisfied with. Automations/rules are very limited & it seems unnecessary to limit the # per project. The triggers & actions are also pretty limited but I understand this is a newer feature. I wish they'd incorporate tags into the automations.
It also seems that the Gmail extension has not been updated in a long time. I wish some of the features were incorporated. For instance, I'd like to note what section of a project a task goes in while saving it. It's not very helpful if I need to go & find it in Asana to edit it.
I wish there were a better way to work with templates, I don't like that templates look like regular projects in your list. It'd also be great if we could have templates for tasks as well.
I wish there was a way to organize your favorites, perhaps by having sections. It'd be helpful if milestones could have a start & end date.
The inbox is a bit overwhelming, it seems to capture everything & while you can just focus on the important items (like mentions) it still feels cluttered when you're on the main view & see every little update.
Reporting could be improved on. It's a bit glitchy whenever you make a change to the report, you have to resave & also the only format that is helpful to me is the CSV but I wish it would produce a Google sheet & I wish we could control what fields get exported.
I wish forms had more conditional logic as I can't really use them well as is.

Ronald
Ronald
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The tool you knew you needed

Reviewed on 02/01/2021

Asana has helped us to improve processes and communications. With the team clearly seeing where they're getting involved and also being notified of when they must jump in, productivity has increased. We can clearly track projects, small or large, and leave notes and questions whenever it's needed. Our corporation decided to stop using other tools and switch to Asana. The first steps were a bit rough but in a week everybody started to share the things they were learning and 2 weeks later everybody was used to it. With every chance we have we use it for more complex tasks and projects, and so far we are really thankful for the change. I must say that if we were a small company we probably wouldn't need all the flexibility Asana offers. Some of the competitors are more than enough for a small portion of the cost. But if your team is big enough and projects are very complex and frequent, Asana is the right tool for you to simplify it all as you always dreamed of.

Pros

I'm in love with its ability to easily track and manage projects that have many actors and tasks/subtasks. It includes all you need, from timeline to unlimited file sharing. It can be as good as a replacement for long email threads. In here you can keep al focused in the individual parts. The fact that you can have sections, tasks and subtasks also allows you to divide a project into phases/areas/modules, have a responsible for each and they can individually plan their tasks and subtasks. This won't remove the possibility of adding dependencies between sections and areas. Instead, it will give you the freedom to plan ahead from top to bottom. Beautiful! You can always reference other people, tasks, etc. and whenever these get renamed, all the references will instantly update. It's absolutely flexible: if you close a task by accident you can undo it. Actually, you can undo everything! No risk of breaking the entire project with a missclick.

Cons

The only downside I can find so far is that it doesn't have a private message feature. It does have a Conversations section but these are visible to everybody. This represents a challenge in case some sensitive information must be shared or discussed. I'm not really sure if this is by design since visibility is a clear goal for Asana, but it's a feature that you will probably start searching for really quick. However, if you are using Asana or some other internal chat tool you'll be covered. The other "kind of" downside is that Asana is so vast an good that it can take a while to get all the basic tricks, but no doubt it's probably the best documented application I've used, so it's just a matter of a bit of patience and searching when you want to know how to do something. The team still shares tips from time to time of things they discover and it's been a great experience.

Memory
Memory
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Fantastic task management software!

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

I started using this software at a previous job then, when starting here, quickly found out that not all task-management tools are created equal. The one we were using was not very functional and people tasks were constantly getting lost in the shuffle.

The other website designer that started after me had also used Asana before so we started using it to manage the development of the site we were designing. We told another team about it and they started using it as well. It eventually caught on and we convinced the higher-ups to purchase an upgraded plan and implemented it company wide.

There are so many great features. It's impossible to narrow down my favorite. But I will say that it makes managing tasks so easy and helps my addled brain stay organized and focused. There are different modes for how you view your tasks allowing users to choose one that they prefer. For example, there's a calendar view, a list view, a Trello-type layout, and more. I also LOVE that it's offers so much flexibility in how tasks are organized. You can set up different teams and assign certain people to be in those teams. Within the teams you can create projects, then breaks those down into tasks. Within the teams you can create multiple levels of subtasks - for example, a subtasks inside a subtasks inside the main task. This is a really great feature for me, being a website designer, because there are so many steps involved in creating a site.

Pros

What's not to like?! The customer service is great, there are multiple training videos to help you learn about all the different features and how to use them, it's GREAT for staying organized when you have a million different projects you are working on at once, it makes delegating projects and tasks very easy...

Beyond all the great task-related features, one of my favorite things is the quirky animations - when marking complete on a task you'll occasionally get a celebratory animation (kind of a geeky, digital pat on the back) my favorite being a unicorn that flies across your screen. This is obviously not something that's necessary or a way to help users stay more organized, but it is fun and adds a little extra flair to the software. (Yes, it's the little things that excite me. 😆)

Cons

As with any software that is customizable and has a lot of features, there is a learning curve to using Asana. There are so many different settings and features, it can take a while to learn the ins and outs of using it. But, as I already said previously, they provide a plethora of training videos and have excellent customer service when you need to contact them.

One specific thing I wish was different is how the repeating tasks are set up. As of now, when a task is set to repeat, the next task doesn't show up until the previous one has been marked as complete. It would be nice to see all the repeating tasks (especially in the calendar format) so you can get an accurate view of all the tasks you have coming up for the upcoming months. It's not a major inconvenience, but something I would suggest that the developers implement in a future update.

Maszni
Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best for managing customer feedback

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

We are very happy implementing Asana into our work system as it has help us greatly managing our work. Every team member has a very clear work description with this software especially when we are collaborating on project.

Pros

What i really like with Asana that i have use is managing customer feedback and filter it to forward it the respective department. It help us to track the ticket opened by customer, and track the ticket progress either is has been taken action and can be closed.

Cons

There are not many integration that can be linked with this software. I need a integration with Github and has making a request to the developer, but still has no respond for it. It will help so much for a Information Technology staff user like me to managing the Helpdesk between Asana with our current system.

Juan Miguel
  • Industry: Higher Education

Excellent for self-tracking or collaborative work

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Like I mentioned, Asana is one of the tools I naturally use everyday, and often encourage other colleagues or students to use as well. It is my to-do list as well as my project tracker, collaboration tracker, and "don't forget to do this/brainstorms for the future" tracker

Pros

I love that Asana can act as a daily task/project manager but is comprehensive enough to plan for future projects and collaborative work. It is a tool that is intuitive enough that I want to use it every day, but not so simple that I only use it for to-do lists. Any time I start collaborative work with other people at different institutions, I always push for us to use Asana as the organizing platform.

Cons

The subscription and use of the paid services could be more clear; it isn't easily understandable who has to pay for a subscription if the use of it will be shared across people from different institutions. Also, the pricing settings could be more accessible for 1 or 2-person teams, because at the moment it is mostly geared for groups and businesses (which admittedly makes sense)

Emanuela
Emanuela
  • Industry: International Affairs
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Asana is a great task management tool

Reviewed on 22/08/2022

I was awarded a small but important project for my department, as it could bring significant benefit to the business in the future if managed in an optimally way.
Instead of relying on the many rounds of emails that are exchanged between project managers and other people involved, I decided to simply proceed to create a project on Asana Basic.
The first time I used It.
This allowed us to keep track of everything that matters, giving us an overview of where we are going.
Asana allowed us to monitor the workflows on our teams and see the progress of the work at any time, saving endless updating meetings. Time we all know how crucial it is.

Pros

- Asana's interface is extremely well designed, the best possible way for a fun and inviting user experience. I hope you enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed using it.
- Asana is an excellent communication tool, it allows you to eliminate a lot of stress from disorganization in communicating with the team. Problems, requests for feedback, clarifications, questions, and suggestions, will all end up in the activities through the appropriate comment function. The only one allowed.
- Trying Asana Basic, with a team of up to 15, for free, allowed me to work with three small teams, breaking down projects into manageable tasks and setting deadlines for completion. The ability to share documents between teams has also proved useful.
-Asana Basic allowed us to download the app for iOS or Android devices to work and consult updates wherever we are, even offline. We like it.

Cons

1. It was not easy to set up a project at the beginning, the learning curve is tough.
In Asana, projects are containers that allow you to create one or more tasks within them.
This is the furthest away from a Project Manager's concept of a project.

2. I found that having to start over every time I created a project, even when it was repeatable, was like wasting time.

3. In the free plan, you cannot create private projects, meaning that the project is visible and editable by every member of the team.

4. Asana organizes all resources horizontally, flattening their hierarchy. There are no different roles, just people and tasks.

5. The management of risk situations and the consequent negotiation between the resources involved in the project is not envisaged.

6. This is a very serious shortcoming, especially for those who work remotely. It is not possible to assign an hourly or daily cost to resources that are part of the team.

Great project management software for budget nonprofits!

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

This is a great software for organization. It has upgrade features that are paid, but you can basically do everything you need to do in the free version for a small nonprofit to stay organized. I would highly recommend this if you have multiple events or fundraisers you manage for the year, or if you are an administrative professional of any kind that needs to coordinate multiple things every month (payroll, accounting, board meetings, client relationship follow ups, etc.) The free version is a no brainer for nonprofit management!

Pros

I love that I can assign myself personal tasks to complete, and that I can also assign others tasks or subtasks to help me move forward with the pieces of a larger project or event that I need them to do before I can move on. This is a great software for organizing teams that can't always meet in person. We are able to coordinate across campus and ensure communication on progress is easily managed in one spot. I also love that I can set reoccuring tasks for things that must be completed monthly (like accounting exports, payroll imports, board reporting, etc.) It helps keep me on track to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.

Cons

I don't like that you can't quickly and easily see all of your completed tasks in one spot with the task yet to be completed. I wish I had this feature so that I could better weekly report on what was accomplished while also reporting on what is coming down the pipeline. One of the only other things I don't like is that when you go to mark a task complete, and you are marking multiple, sometimes the list updates and shifts a bit so you click on the wrong one. You can click undo, but I just wish it didn't shift the items while it was refreshing the to do list.

Robert
Robert

Leading project management software for good reason

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

We went from a major competitor, one with a lot of card-based tracking, that was not as effective with prioritizing tasks. Asana has been much more effective in connecting operators and managers with their day-to-day tabulation of work and awareness of deadlines.

Pros

The ability to bring in all members of a team and see the workflow from conception to completion is why Asana is the best for project management software. Integration of tasks, files and prioritized milestones are all top of the line here.

Cons

The financial side of things are better managed with third-party software, as the interface can be less than intuitive at times, but the good news is that the Asana customer support team is excellent if you have questions about integrating bookkeeping software.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana has more features, is better suited to mobile device support and is much better for scaling up from one or two users to dozens or even hundreds of users.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Price point and mobile device support was in Asana's favor.
Adam
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great Tool for Progress Tracking and Group Collaboration

Reviewed on 31/08/2018

We have been able to streamline group organization and collaboration into a single source. Asana has helped to keep current lists of project related tasks, and ensure team members are aware of, and completing tasks by the given completion target dates. Asana has also helped to reduce email clutter caused from frequent 'back and forth' emails for small comments between team members by providing a single location to comment on, and update statuses of tasks. Overall, Asana has been a great tool that has provided a significant positive change in the way we communicate and track project statuses in our team.

Pros

The excellent user interface provides for a clean and organized way to add tasks to your list, edit tasks, and cross tasks off when completed. As I primarily use this software for business purposes for collaboration with team members within my office, it is a one-stop-shop that has eliminated paper checklists, sticky notes, and "to-do" lists, by combining all of these in a slick web interface. The ease of use results in frequent task updates which can be viewed and commented on by the entire team, ensuring tasks are not missed or forgotten. As I am often working on many projects simultaneously throughout the week, the convenience of adding new projects and tasks to individual projects is extremely helpful to stay organized, view all of the pending tasks, and schedule time accordingly based on completion dates you have inputted for each task. Another great feature is linking emails to certain projects in Asana; a quick copy of the URL for the project in the platform, and you can easily send emails and attachments directly into Asana for effortless filing. As a free software, Asana is an excellent tool to use for group collaboration, or for personal use to make sure you are effectively managing checklist, tasks and projects.

Cons

The major downside to Asana used in a working environment is that tasks can't be assigned priorities, which can result in frequent check-ins on the list to ensure you are prioritizing tasks properly. A color-coded priority method would be extremely helpful in elevating high priority tasks above the rest. As Asana is a cloud-based software, latency can sometimes be an issue resulting in a delay in typing and moving between projects and tasks, though this is only a minor convenience.

Great tool for task management and team collaboration.

Reviewed on 09/03/2019

Based on my experience, Asana is a great tool to coordinate small teams (or startups) and be more productive while keeping an eye on progress and bottle necks.

Pros

Asana has a great team behind its product that constantly updates the platform to meet customer demand.

The user interface is very modern and easy to use while the user experience is very well thought out with great micro interactions that make the whole product experience very delightful. It's easy to navigate from one section to another with colored elements to highlight important aspects of the UI.

It has useful features like subtasks, boards view and calendar view. You can also view the overall progress per project or team. With the portfolio function, you can view the status of all your current projects in real time, so you can keep everything on track and easily report on progress. They recently added a Gantt chart feature named "Timeline" that can help project managers.

You can create templates for different tasks and projects, so you and your team can be more efficient. Priority makes it easy to give attention to tasks that need urgent attention. Integration with different services (Slack, Harvest, Dropbox, GitHub, etc) makes Asana be even more helpful. There is also an open API for more sophisticated applications.

Cons

As with all services there is a learning curve to actually becoming proficient in using Asana, but that can be easily accomplished with a bit of time and practice.

The only thing I want to mention as a negative is the lack of option to hide team members from the side bar, because they are shown on top of each project. If you are a startup or a small team, and most of the team is on each project, it becomes irrelevant to actually see the same team members again and again. This would make the side menu / list a bit shorter to navigate through.

Carlos
Carlos

Asana project management software

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

More than saying it is an intelligible, fast and modern way. Useful in free version. It is multifunctional The timeline view facilitates the management of dependencies. This tool helps you prioritize projects and pending tasks. It gives you the ease of seeing what you have worked on and accomplished before to assess progress. This software is truly useful for teams, facilitating the ways for projects to be completed on time. In my experience, Asana solved several problems where I worked as a team, we worked comfortable to give the company full growth. Asana as a project management program gives the function of monitoring dependencies. Be comfortable with larger or larger projects in which the relationships between tasks are more complicated. In my opinion it is a suitable tool for companies to grow larger.

Pros

Pro:
It is ideal to organize your work, Asana allows you to plan and structure the work in a comfortable way for you and your work team, in this way help you meet the deadlines, the platform offers you the creation of visual project plans to see how each step is assigned over time
. As well as providing you with setting priorities and deadlines, sharing details and assigning tasks, all in a single tool, it is super practical, to progress with your commitments, with it it is much easier to identify risks and eliminate recommended obstacles using custom fields to track the information that is most important for your team or company Even when the plans change, it gives you the opportunity to advance projects and tasks at each stage of the project by giving a report on how your work is going. Share the results with your team and see how the work progresses to see what is on track and what needs attention. You know how the work evolves and can be aligned with everyone and the goals, also use the timeline to create a plan that shows you how your entire project fits and helps you keep the job in the best way as things change
. It allows you to manage time viewing the work in a calendar as well as easily locate gaps and overlays in your schedule and make adjustments quickly. Turn common processes into templates that guide your entire team and you can use
. It gives you the handling information with the right people. Make teams and projects private to create a safe space for sensiti

Cons

Cons: Some articles can be improved (but that's what the reviewers are for)
It is limiting for the organization of projects for the team calendar, but will progressively improve
. Now it is my pleasure in my work to assign two people to a task so that there is support for the work, when someone is absent, we are human and things can happen,
You can't combine calendars but I'm sure they will solve it
. It would be good if it is implemented more easily with Outlook or Gmail. It would be great to facilitate sending email tasks to Asana
. As well as, the creation of new section headings for tasks and lists can be improved. In addition to improving more aspects of the interface and make them customizable.
It does not allow the personalization of funds but they are banalities, it is not important

Ariel

Asana makes task management a whiz!

Reviewed on 17/04/2017

Our team has been using Asana for over 6 months now and it has made our task management and workflow so streamlined! My favorite features of Asana are:
- Integrations. I use TMetric for time-clocking and the seamless integration with Asana is so handy.
- Inbox feature. You can stay up to date with any mentions or questions other team members might have for you by checking your inbox. It also reminds you of upcoming tasks and alerts you when new tasks are created in projects you follow. So helpful for staying in the loop!
- Well-designed. The flow of comments on Tasks and the way their is a Conversation and Calendar section as well as Task List is so beautiful. Oh and Files too! There is more to list here than I have space for!
- Fun. Tab+B makes my day. The occasional "celebrations" make checking off tasks a joy!
- Multiple teams. This is super handy for when you need projects that aren't involving everybody on the Team. And yet tasks from all projects show up together in your "My Tasks" view!
- Use of tags, mark-as-waiting-on, custom fields and more features in the paid version that we couldn't live without! But the free version is amazing as well.

In short, Asana is the best task management software for teams I've ever seen. I highly recommend it to anyone to increase productivity.

Pros

Cons

There is not a lot that I don't like about Asana. They are always rolling out new features. There are some small nitpicky things, like no ability to add your own sorters in "My Task" view, but those are way overshadowed by the positives.

Lindsey
Lindsey
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

My go-to productivity app for EVERYTHING

Reviewed on 21/06/2021

I've used Asana for about 3 years now and nothing compares!

I've used Asana for about 3 years now and nothing compares!

Pros

Asana is my favorite tool for productivity, organization, and task management. All my to-do lists (business, personal, and everything in between) are in Asana. I love the ease of use, customizability, and overall UX of the app. The desktop version is a breeze. The mobile app is just as enjoyable.

One of the best things is the drag & drop feature that allows you to upload documents, photos, and web links directly into the task. Subtasks are great so you can get a step-by-step list of directions toward each task. It's also great for goal-setting and project planning.

I literally can't function without this app! The free version works incredibly, but the paid version is absolutely worth it, especially if you want more custom features (like custom columns, a bigger team, etc). Highly recommend it to all my biz and creative friends.

Cons

I wish there was a way to delete people from teams and projects easier. I have temporary clients and it's a pain in the butt to create new projects in order to delete them permanently from my workspace in the app.

Biswajit
Biswajit
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Efficient Task Management: A Review of Asana

Reviewed on 26/03/2023

Many users of the platform, both individuals and teams, express satisfaction with it overall. Customers value the intuitive design, user-friendly interface, and customised processes because they help them stay organised and handle duties well. The ability to assign tasks and comment on projects, as well as other collaborative capabilities, are highly regarded. Asana has been praised by users for helping them stay on top of deadlines, monitor project progress, and communicate with teammates. The majority of users have a favourable opinion of Asana, despite a few users reporting minor technical flaws such a lack of customization choices for reports or sporadic glitches.

Pros

Asana's features include a user-friendly interface, adaptable workflows, teamwork tools, and tool integration. People laud Asana's ability to keep them organised, prioritise activities, and monitor project progress. The mobile app for Asana is also praised by many users for being convenient and simple to use. In general, Asana is a well-liked option for people and teams searching for a flexible and successful task management application.

Cons

Asana's drawbacks include its few options for report customization and absence of a timer or time-tracking function. In addition, some customers think Asana's pricing is a bit high, especially for bigger teams or businesses. Others have spoken about the software occasionally having faults or difficulties. It's important to keep in mind that these problems may differ based on user preferences and use scenarios and are not always encountered. Despite a few small flaws, Asana is still a well-liked and respected task management programme among its users.