Caspio

Build online database applications without coding.

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.5/5

Elena M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

So Impressed

Reviewed on 06/01/2020

oh the customer service both on chat, email, and phone, is a cut above the rest. I don't know how Caspio manages to always be there for me... so impressive. Way better than the big guys.

Pros

This cloud based Database management solution is really helpful for non-coders like me. So many features that really made my consulting business excel in the competitive industry like mine.

Cons

There should be a multiple check box feature, where the choices can be pulled from other fields. Also, the rules for conditions are very limited. For example, if you want to disable other check boxes when one check box is selected - you will never be able to do another conditional rule for that check box that you have said should be disabled. I mean, there should be an ability to apply multiple conditional rules on a field.

John R.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great alternative to traditional applications

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

I was able to take 22 tables from a legacy, standalone application, export them from MSSQL into Excel and import them to Caspio. After some of that learning curve, and some instructionals from Caspio, I finally worked out and connected all the tables so they could be queried for reporting. Building the datapages after that, I could do simple things on my own but it became clear to me that I would need their professional services to build my application (in 4-7 weeks compared to 8 months if I were trying it on my own). If I knew the interface better, I might not need their services but time is a factor in my decision.

Pros

The low-code approach frees you from having to learn any programming language and rely upon it. It is flexible enough to allow you to build literally any kind of application you want from simple to complex, which is powerful and liberating. No more dealing with filthy vendors!!! Their support, even on the free tier, is outstanding. There is also a TON of information and instructionals available on the web. They seem to want you to be successful, and go the extra mile to help you be successful.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve, BUT the peak is not high and it won't be long before you are comfortable and moving along building things at a good clip. I'm also not fond of a cloud-only solution as it is our data and we should be able to replicate/backup the data to local servers directly. It looks like this is possible with the API, however that's only available in the most expensive tier. You really have to have a good understanding of your business process and the SDLC to avoid making time-consuming mistakes.

Joseph H.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

A Canadian pleasure to receive Caspio's help, service, security & support

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

My overall experience with Caspio has been absolutely wonderful and extremely favourable, and I would never consider leaving Caspio except that if the cost of maintaining my table was too costly for me.

I am very, very proud of how Caspio has been able to tailor my table needs to the precise and exact style of what I want, and what I want my clients to learn from exploring the table. My table is modern, accurate, colourful, precise and as I have said I am very proud of it.

I am also very conformable about the high level of security which Caspio Bridge provides for my table. Security of my table is very important to me. Thank you.

Pros

First, I am extremely pleased with the affordable cost of Caspio Bridge provided to me by Caspio which allows me to continue my historical research and record my work on a table which is open to all of Canada as well as the whole world. I am a senior citizen with a limited income so the cost is very important to me. Secondly, I sincerely appreciate the dependability of Caspio Bridge because my table has never failed my thousands of clients. Since I first started with Caspio many years ago, my table has never failed. Thirdly, I value the dependability of Caspio Bridge support including the expertise of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have the ability, knowledge and skills to improve the performance of my table. I am amazed how technicians including [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are able to resolve every little glitch which I encounter. I am very appreciative of their service, professionalism, and friendship.

Cons

I can only think of one issue, and that is the complexity of the 'styles'. This is one area that I always need help with as the learning curve about 'styles' is too steep for me. In the case orf 'styles' I always ask for and receive help from Caspio, and I thank you.

Tim B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Caspio for the Win!

Reviewed on 21/08/2020

It's a great company with some exceptional people.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use, but you must make a commitment to learn it. The great news is that if you aren't a programmer they have a great Managed Application Services Team that will do the work for you. The software has enabled our company to rapidly create solutions and integrate data that was previously stored in various spreadsheets and databases. We are connecting data that we never thought possible. Thanks Caspio!

Cons

Nothing. We have enjoyed the platform and the support has been great.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

The experience with the people.

Definitely not NO CODE, add-ons kill value, good for basic apps.

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Quick "basic" web app and form creation.

Pros

Tough review because I like Caspio. And the support is generally pretty good. Basic apps and workflows are pretty easy and intuitive.

Cons

The No Code Needed is very misleading. Most workflows and apps I have built or needed required some functionality that had to be "custom coded" with javascript. There was no out of the box option for some database/app functions I thought would be standard. If you look at the support forums there are a lot of people stuck needing special code written to make it do what they need: https://forums.caspio.com/forum/49-caspio-javascript-solutions/ And calls into tech support often ended with "you will have to have some custom code written to accomplish that" for a fee. If you are a Javascript guru, you will be much better off. But the friendly pictures on their website of small business owners touting no code I'm not sure is a reality for most. If you are going to use it I would recommend the pro level because the costs add up after you use 5 data pages. Other seemingly basic options also come at a cost. To be able to select previously uploaded files in a report to download them was an additional feature. I think its more for businesses with some tech staff that needs out of the box apps built but then they can code to tweak. Average Joe, not so much.

Camille F.

What we needed

Reviewed on 26/06/2020

Pros

Even though I don't have an IT or software development background, once I learned the basics of Caspio, I found it very easy to use. Caspio's functions can be as complex or simple as you'd like. We use it to create simple 1 datapage, 2 table questionnaires and complex secure applications with 20 datapages, 30 tables, and 4 authentications.

Cons

The learning curve was steep. The training I went to was helpful but it wasn't until I had been working with the software for several weeks that I finally felt comfortable and confident. I'm also the tech support for our applications and I find that there are times when it seems Caspio glitches, but it's hard to tell if it's Caspio or some anomaly in the application. It can take a long time to troubleshoot. It also seems that some browsers have a harder time with Caspio than others.

Lucas M.

Simple and Easy to Learn

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

Caspio software has enabled me to develop customized online applications to the preference of mostly non-profit organizations, that I provide consulting services, to create simple and clean applications that enables them to document and track services provided to clients as well as outcomes. I am able to create standardized reports with appealing charts and graphs. I like the latest version of Caspio which incorporated responsive DataPages.

Pros

The ease to create the database structure including the table relationships, DataPages and quick deployment with little coding. I like the authentication protocol which makes the software very secure.

Cons

The REST API is a bit challenging and costly.

Daisia L.
  • Industry: Accounting

Dependable company and software

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

Caspio is very easy to use. In addition customer service is always readily available to assist you. There is barely any down down. This is just what my company needed; a cloud software to fill in the gaps that IT infrastructure couldn’t. This software was brought in to assist our department over 5 years ago; now the entire company uses Caspio. What a great product! I highly recommend it.

Pros

There is not one thing that I can say that I like because I like everything. There have been so many updates and features added. It will definitely work in most scenarios.

Cons

I really can’t think of any, they go out of there way to assist you and make sure everything is working.

Julius L.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Caspio Rapid App Development

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Caspio is easy to use and you might need time to explore the interface. Programmers like me needs to be familiar with javascript.

Pros

By watching only the video for training a user will be able to develop apps in hours.

Cons

The full development if you need more customized app can be found in the forums. No detailed manual on how to use the java script implementation.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great out of the box, with options for advanced applications

Reviewed on 28/05/2020

We are converting a manual workflow for a team (with variations depending on individuals) into a stream-lined online application, with consistent data, access control and automatic email alerts for all parties involved. This will allow the team to spend more time on other issues.

Pros

One can create an on-line survey within a few days. Online support (via chat, email or phone) always tries to find a solution for you, and is also honest in stating when your ideas cannot be achieved. There is also a great user forum.

Cons

For a more complex workflow and for refinements in display of data, one has to learn/know about SQL and Javascript

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

In the free trail period, I could create a complex on-line survey, with reporting pages, and I experienced their client-focused support services
Ritesh S.

Caspio Rocks !

Reviewed on 22/07/2020

Caspio Rocks !

Pros

Caspio is a very user-friendly software application. It includes almost all features of a good database management system with sufficient security options. It also integrates well with other applications and existing business processes and data.

Cons

We would request Caspio to be made more economical for developing and under-developed countries so that small and medium-sized enterprises can afford it as well.

Eric B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Happily Married for 5+ years!

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

Great experience and I really enjoy using the software. It makes me look very good to my superiors on a daily basis!

Pros

Fast learning curve with application development experience and onboarding support. The speed at which I can now deploy new apps is often hours instead of weeks.

Cons

A couple small bugs when using javascript a few years ago when we adopted the service. Those has since been addressed and resolved by support team.

Robert G.

Best Low Code Platform

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

This tool has allowed our company to create 10+ different apps and sell our data tools to 1,500 plus healthcare companies. It has been a blast creating products using this tool.

Pros

I love how you can develop apps using no coding at all. On top of that, if you want to customize further, you can use custom code to develop anything you want. No other tool has that flexibility.

Cons

There are very few cons. The only con I would add is the issue where triggered actions are capped at 10,000 records.

Aaron C.

great product

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

Pros

I looked at a lot of solutions prior to choosing caspio. The ease of customization, flexibility and pricing won me over. Caspio plans scaled with our business so i never felt like i was paying too much for the service.

Cons

Small learning curve when it came to programming advanced customizations but our use case was very specific so it was expected

Keith C.

Caspio is Pretty Good.

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

Pros

The software is easy to use and has quite a few simple features. The customer service team is very helpful when working on standard features alone.

Cons

Customization is very hard to do. Although a lot of features present, there are quite a few (look at the ideabox) features that REALLY need to be implemented for this software to meet all of the goals.

Christopher F.

OOH 360 Experience

Reviewed on 28/12/2019

Overall the experience has been a good one, and I have enjoyed working with my assigned team.

Pros

The ability it has to incorporate information from the app I was already using to collect data, filter search results, display photos, and map the locations of the billboards we are photographing.

Cons

In the beginning the software was a bit quirky, and the speed sometimes was slow, but these issues were ultimately resolved.

Brayton F.

As a new user, I am getting up to speed quickly

Reviewed on 20/06/2020

To be able to update this system's functionality efficiently and quickly is a great boon. We have multiple annual reports due for the first time, and between views and data pages, I have already produced 1/4 of them.

Pros

Excellent software and support. I was brought in to take over an extensively-developed system, to add features and update functionality, and was new to Caspio. The training videos and online help are excellent, and in just a few days I have been able to be productive. If I got stuck, I used the online chat, and they gave me links to read materials in detail, if necessary also looked at my work and fixed it, which we reviewed together so I understood how to repeat the process.

Cons

When searching the online help center often produces too many results. I think if you had a multi-level filter (Like Datapages, Reports, Pivot Tables, totals), this might help narrow down the info.

James F.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great but very expensive for small business

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

overall Caspio is a great platform hands down. They offer a great service and is highly customizable and recommended for larger companies with a big budget.

Great options to customize
Large database records
Unlimited app users
Great support

Cons

very expensive for what you get.
For 1 app we were at over $125, on a different platform we were able to create 8 apps for half the price.

Derek H.

Caspio helps voluntary organisation raise awareness and funds for a charity

Reviewed on 28/05/2020

I wish all development software was so quick and easy to build applications with - it is great and the support is very good too. What's not to like?

Pros

Caspio provided free hosting and free development software, through their free subscription, to enable us to build a secure system to run our month-long awareness and fund-raising event. It was really easy to set up and provides enough data-entry screens/reports to build a fully-functional on-line system. We have had a couple of issues, but the Caspio team supported us professionally and promptly, just as though we were paying monthly for the software. Our users have been very complimentary of the system we have built.

Cons

I wish I could verify data-entry. I have two series of fields which, when totalled up, should equal each other before the user can submit the changes to the record.

Daren W.

Caspio review

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

Overall good. I use Caspio for three companies that I work with.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. Good customer service and support.

Cons

Pricing is a little high.

Courtney C.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Caspio is a very supportive company that is happy to assist you if you have any trouble setting up the system.

Pros

Easy to use and an amazing customer support team.

Cons

I wish you could customize the graphs more.

Kevin F.

Excellent product platform

Reviewed on 16/05/2020

We needed the ability for our network of over 20,000 people to be able to enter monthly sales data and incorporate that into our website. Caspio made it very simple, especially after considering our alternatives.

Pros

The simplicity of process from design to publication was very satisfying.

Cons

Some of the back-end programming was tougher to traverse, but customer service was amazing!

Joanne N.

Great for no coders

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

We have used it to give our customers the ability to take control of their own content. We work out the infrastructure and access and can customise to suit our needs.

Pros

The easy integration into websites and other platforms.

Cons

Would love more information about using and integrating the API

Allison M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Quick fix solutions for smaller data sets

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

Caspio is a great tool to consume smaller data sets and turn them into an actual database management system without having to understand any database requirements or logic. It is so easy to upload any number of spreadsheets and create a database tool. Great for smaller data sets that are currently managed in an excel format. The tool is super easy to use, requires minimal instruction and you can have someone up and running in a day.

Pros

ease of use, ability to consume any type of excel file

Christina P.

Support for new idea with no experience in software development

Reviewed on 25/05/2020

Pros

Developer team took the time to understand my design. Lots of of online support.

Cons

Difficult at first, but the team worked with me to help me understand software development.