BuilderTREND

4.7/5

1551 Software options

Brian D.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Revolutionized my sales follow up

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

I used other CRMs in the past, but love using BuilderTrend. Its simple setup has allowed me to keep track of my customers as well as provide better follow up to my clients. I just utilize the Sales section of BuilderTrend, but it has improved my client relationships and increased my overall sales.

Pros

Buildertrend is great--I love using the Activity Calendar and Lead Report to keep track of my follow up with my customers. I can use activity notes to remember what I discussed with customers when we last spoke, and this helps me engage in better dialogue when I follow up with customers. Our installation team loves using the project management feature to keep track of our installs and provide an easy transition from sales to installation.

Cons

The user interface is kind of clunky, especially on the app. Sometimes it is difficult to find stuff and the filters can get annoying.

Response from Buildertrend

Brian, thank you for your review and honest feedback! We love hearing how Buildertrend has helped your company.

Jesse A.

Now that our company has grown, this program meets our needs better

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

Last year when we first were shown the program we decided not to go forward. Now our that our company has grown, we see that BuilderTrend will be crucial for keeping ourselves and our crews organized. The rocky portions of the software do not outway the usefulness to our company. There is a learning curve and a lot of things to iron out as we implement it, but I can see it being a huge asset compared to other programs once we nail it down. On top of that, I know their team will keep improving the features and adding more features to a program that is already rich with features.

Pros

The best feature in this program is communication and scheduling. Also, where other programs have to borrow from many 3rd party programs to achieve their functions, this program is able to incorporate all in one. We are using it for every step of the construction process, from sales to estimates, to job management and scheduling and invoicing. Other neat features include requesting bids to subs and vendors within the program, financing for customers, interactive and customize-able selections for customers within the program. There are other features not mentioned in this review as well. The main point is that this program offers all management needs for builders and contractors, and the software team continues to update and add features according to the requests and needs of those who are using the program.
Also, where competitors charge extra for each user, this company includes unlimited users in their package, as well as unlimited subs and vendors. Some of the functions you would have to pay extra for in other programs like scheduling for crew etc. are included in their main package. Therefore the price, and what you get for your money is way better.

Cons

This software is a little more difficult to learn than other competing programs, due to it's complexity and depth of features. At times it's a bit overwhelming, though that is to be expected with the level of depth. Also some other programs have a general appearance which makes the program more inviting and user friendly. That being said, we still moved forward with this program because of the need for more features without having to pay all the extra money.
One feature they really need to improve is their proposal builder. They have good formatting options and cost codes/ item catalogs where you can build price lists within the system, but when you add items into the estimate or create a big template, when you want to go and edit info like quantities etc. you have to go through an ocean of items that are not clearly formatted (they have a worksheet tab for editing items, and a format tab for grouping and changing layout for final appearance, but the worksheet portion is unformatted, and in the format section you cannot delete items or change them at all. Therefore I found the proposal functions to be a bit rocky to deal with. However, buildertrend users can vote on improvements for the program and so there is at least light at the end of the tunnel.

Procore

Reasons for Choosing BuilderTREND

Acculynx is more user friendly in general, but for all the features we need for our growing company we have to pay so much more. Every project manager we hire adds more and more to the cost of having the program, and payment is required for subs to join the program, as well as our crew. All the features we want will keep tacking up the price. If it weren't for this, we may have been able to find a way to keep using Acculynx. BuilderTrend has more to offer at a reasonable price that doesn't keep climbing.

AccuLynx

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND

BuilderTrend seemed to offer everything that Procore offered. There may have been slight differences between the two programs, but procore didn't offer anything revolutionary over buildertrend, and instead seemed to offer similar ways of reaching the same end results. In the end I think buildertrend offered more functions, and used less 3rd parties to do so. However, I have not extensively tested procore, and therefore I do not know all the depths of their software. We found buildertrend first and didn't see any obvious reason why we should switch, so we didn't.

Response from Buildertrend

Jesse, thank you so much for your honest review! We appreciate you taking the time to give us such detailed feedback and I will be sure to pass it on to our Product team. Thank you again!

Boone D.

Easy Onboarding with this polished project management system.

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Buildertrend has really done there best to make our implementation go smoothly. We have ran into some bugs in the system, but they have always corrected the issues eventually. I definitely recommend this software to any small to medium sized construction company looking to tie their different departments together using one integrated system.

Pros

Buildertrend has extensive customization options through the use of custom fields, filters, and views. The system is straight forward to navigate, and never leaves you wondering exactly where you're at in the program.

Cons

The accounting functions are rather simplistic, and lacking some necessary features to make things work well. Also, the print-outs are not very consistent and sometimes lack pertinent project information such as the job name.

eSUB, CoConstruct, Procore and RedTeam

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND

Buildertrend was the right fit for us in terms of residential construction specific tools, accounting integration, and pricing structure.

Response from Buildertrend

Thank you for your review, Boone! We really appreciate it. We value your feedback and have passed it along to our Product team.

Chris J.

Well worth the money

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

The software, like all I've tried to implement over the years, can be a little frustrating at first. You're going to get pushback from trade contractors and field people. However, I think it is well worth it. More importantly, the trades and field people have come to rely on the software and usually appreciate it after 3 to 4 jobs.

Pros

The customer service is surprisingly amazing. Anytime I have a question, I am able to reach someone by phone or email very quickly. The integration with Quickbooks Desktop is almost flawless. We use the daily logs quite regularly. These logs allow the entire team to remain up to date on the jobs and their progress. We've also found that the homeowners are reassured by these daily logs. The bids section has saved us tremendous time and increased our estimating accuracy. The ability to be able to template jobs, bid packages, and so many other items saves us a ton of time.

Cons

The software seems to be most suited for a cost-plus project. As we bid jobs on a fixed price, we have found a few of the features less useful. We are only using about half of the features. I can't fairly say that these unused features are not good, but we do want to use some of these features, and the fact that we have been unable to implement them causes me some frustration. These features include the selections and the warranty sections.

Cord F.

I didn't know what I was missing...

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

I am finding myself being more accurate and detailed with estimates and labor costs. The time clock feature takes a lot of calculating off my shoulders. The scheduling, estimating, change orders, to-do's, daily logs, and PO's/bills features cut my logging time in half and the fact that everything is stored on Buildertrend and that I can make this information visible to clients prevents me from going through repetitive actions to keep people on the same page. Using the cost catalog with cost codes makes for a streamlined process in creating and releasing information to the client, this also keeps an accurate record of activities and makes for a very professional look when showing these documents to clients. I have so much more time in my day to tackle more productive and urgent matters while handling day to day operations for current jobs in a fraction of the time compared to not using Buildertrend.

Pros

The live updates in communication with subs and clients makes this software very desirable for my clients. Simplifies the process of communication and keeping people up to date.

Cons

For a single person that handles all day to day operations for a company and trying to learn a new software is a challenge. Not necessarily a con but to integrate the software makes for a bigger workload for a couple weeks.

Heather H.

Great software for job organization!

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Overall Buildertrend has transformed our company for the better and brought us successfully into the future. We were able to go from all paperwork to virtually all digital. Files drawers full of paperwork sorted by each job are a thing of the past. Now all the information anyone needs is all packaged nicely, per job, at our fingertips!

Pros

I love the all encompassing information housing Buildertrend provides for each of our jobs. All of our team members can access this info with ease. No more information hiding in private emails or documents hiding on company drives...all of which cause major problems when team members are on holiday or out sick.

Cons

There are a few quirks and drawbacks I have found on Buildertrend. The most common qiurk seems to be the inconsistency of the same functions across different sections in Buildertrend. For instance uploading a file is done one way in one section of Buildertrend and a different way in another. Same with deleting items. In one section things just delete, in other sections you have to verify deletion and then select done...two extra steps. In the Leads section I can send a document out to be signed whether or not a customer has a log in to Buildertrend, but in the Change Order section (once the lead is a job) I can no longer send documents to an external emails for approval. I have to use Docusign to get signatures. This is not very streamlined. Seems like they had different teams writing code for different sections and they never communicated to each other on how to keep functions consistent throughout the software.
The worst drawback is that there is essentially no function for schedulING. The scheduLES within each job are great, but when it comes time for a foreman to see what team members and subs are scheduled on what jobs and what ones are available to schedule, there is no function :(

Dave H.

Great way to track projects

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Buildertrend has made us look much more organized than we are, since the customer can see the project progress if they’re tech savvy. We are also able to see cost of project and markups as we do proposals.

Pros

The best aspect of Buildertrend, would have to be the daily logs and customer ability to follow their daily project progress. Time tracking for employees, lead tracking, customer tracking, ability to sign projects electronically, receive payment online with minimal fees, and communicate with everyone involved with each project.

Cons

Buildertrend is a bit convoluted and cumbersome for the small company like myself. Being out on the job physically working to make ends meet due to employee shortages, leaves me with little time for office work. When I do have time for office work, I struggle to find the time needed to enter enough information in BT, to get back what we are paying for it. The more we enter the more we benefit. BT was difficult to learn in some areas of the program, and upgrades sometimes require even more training. We struggle with scheduling, and getting project information to show up on quickbooks.

MarketSharp

Reasons for Choosing BuilderTREND

Added features like time card tracking

improveit 360

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND

It seemed to have more options

Response from Buildertrend

Dave, we appreciate you taking the time to give us a review and feedback! Continue to lean on your Buildertrend Coach and our Customer Success team for any help they can provide you.

Ed S.

A great Project Management and Communication Platform

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

My overall experience with Buildertrend has been positive. I run a small homebuilding company, and this tool has allowed me to organize my workflow and communicate with my customers and my sub-contractors efficiently. The iPhone App works great, and Buildertrend allows unlimited storage so I can upload all my pictures into one place for my records. Great Platform! I can't say enough about my Coach and Buildertrend University. Exceptional experience as well!

Pros

I like that it is easy to use. I also LOVE the iPhone app. Once everything has been loaded, I can send large files, communicate effectively, and raise the efficiency of my team and sub-contractors. I also Love the ability to template a project for easy set up of a new project!

Cons

When building significant line item estimates, the browser page has to refresh each time as you switch from the budget tab to the estimate tab. Even with a fast connection, it takes a bit of time to update. Not a big complaint since you can upload a spreadsheet from excel for the initial set up.

Reasons for Choosing BuilderTREND

At the time that I switched, the other product did not have a native app, so it was like a glorified web browser on my smartphone. That was the main reason why I switched to BuilderTrend.

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND

I chose Buildertrend ultimately because of the price, the overall value, and most of all, since they had a great iPhone App. The platform has evolved and has gotten much better and more organized. The pace of the added features and improvements will keep me coming back as a satisfied customer.
Rick W.

Reviewed on 09/12/2012

Willet Construction, Remodeling Specialist has been in business for 17 years. Our goal is to give Top Quality Service including Top Quality Craftsmanship. We are a Residential Remodeling Company that will do almost any type of project. We strive to create an enjoyable remodeling experience for our clients, so they will use us again and again.

During the growth of our company, it became apparent we needed a production management system to communicate with our customers and within the company. I became aware of BuilderTrend while being a member of Remodelers Advantage. We had been using our own spreadsheets and calendars for customers project. Our Change Order process was slow and hard to keep up to date. I took a look at 3 different programs, and decided that Builder Trend met the needs we were looking for.

We have been using Builder Trend for exactly 1 year now. We are extremely pleased with how it has improved so many areas of our company. Our customers love the communication system and seem to be able to use it with much ease. The Change Order & Selections process is so wonderful to keep us and the customer up to date.

Using the calendar for the job schedule is so easy and the customers appreciate knowing what will be happening on a day to day basis. We put our payment schedule on the customer calendar so they know when all payments are due. Customers are sending checks exactly on time, sometimes even before we send out an invoice. Cash flow has never been better for our Company due to the customer knowing exactly when to send payments.

Builder Trend has been extremely easy to learn. Technical Support has been extremely quick in responding to our needs. They are very knowledgeable about their product, and usually have answers for our requests immediately. Any time we need training on something, they are quick to set a date and time to cover any information we need.

With the help of Builder Trend, we have grown our volume of completed jobs this year without adding more employees. This has resulted in Willet Const. having it's largest and most profitable year of our 17 year existence. And we hardly ever have any Accounts Receivables that are more than 15 days old.

With the Selections being "Approved" by the customer on line, all the people that have viewing rights know exactly the product being used on each job. This way when our salesperson/designer are on vacation, anybody else in our office can answer questions from subs or customers about a product without having to bother the designer while they are on vacation. That way the job keeps moving smoothly, and our employees can enjoy their vacation without any worry about work going well while they are gone. This is especially nice for myself as the owner to go on vacation and leave work completely behind.

I also like that Builder Trend keeps improving their program. The "Leads" tab is great to know how much potential work we are estimating. And it helps organize our meeting schedule with our potential customer throughout the designing and estimating process.

Jesse S.

Easy to Use - Professional and Civilian

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

My experience with Buildertrend has been overall very positive and getting better all the time with the enhancements and technological advances it has made over the past two years. I can't imagine going back to how were did things before.

Pros

There are many aspects that I love about it but I'd have to say that the best one I use everyday is the client portal and how easy it is to interact in live time with them either about budget, product selection, invoicing, daily logs and record keeping. It keeps everyone up to date without actually having to update everyone individually and it keeps clients in the loop of day to day or week to week activities whether they are around or not.

Cons

The first time we used the software, it had some bugs to be worked out with how it interfaced with other programs and ease of use. They seem to have worked these bugs out and are continually enhancing it by listening to users input and how their individual needs can be met.

Joe D.

Buildertrend

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

Scheduling, PO tracking and back costing of our jobs have become far easier to manage and far less time-consuming.
We are generally never late with materials due to the calendar and use of reminders, enabling jobs to run smoothly and efficiently with zero downtime.
The updates are definitely improving the experience with BT

Pros

Simple display options and excellent user interface
The system flows as per the workflow on site and the calendar works excellent in managing multiple jobs
All information in one place is excellent, and all available to supply chain and clients at the click of a button.

Our international clients love this software.

Cons

Would be good to have a clear guide as to how to use the POs, payments & COs and how they interact.
Doesn't transfer data correctly to Xero - double data entry
Does not do payroll, this would be a fantastic addition (understandable that it is complicated)
More flexibility required for estimates in BT. Lacks the functionality of Excel so forces us to use another system for this.
Clearer explanation of selection budgets and how they can be incorporated into the estimate would be beneficial.
Not been able to use the email link successfully to date.

Further guidance on how to link Xero tracking and BT cost codes would have been a huge help during setup.
It is still a challenge to get our supply chain to use the system with us.

Can be complicated to use based on the number of settings available to users and

William R.

6 year user

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

1. Tracking job costs is manageable using the budget and purchase order system. It takes time to input the data but as long as it is being regularly entered, it's not too bad. It synchs with Quick Books. I can open the app on my phone and see exactly where my budget is on a job.
2. Customer interface is good. It's great having all important communications go through one site instead of multiple email or text message accounts. Owners can also easily see the schedule, budget, photos, etc. It makes my company look good compared to competition.

Pros

Buildertrend has the best customer service! I dread having to call the bank or phone company or any other companies for help on the phone but with Buildertrend, i get immediate service by very sharp people that speak my language and can log on and resolve my issues very promptly. They are constantly improving the product and have a system for receiving suggested improvements and allow you to see where it falls on their priorities. if enough people have an issue, they will make it a priority.

Cons

Getting the initial setup done but they really make that easy too. This will apply to any system. The pricing seemed to creep up but i've gotten over it and it's just another monthly fee.

Angel P.

Great product

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

The software has made me more efficient and thus gives me an advantage over my competition. I spend most of my time in my truck at job sites and it allows me to take my office with me and continue being productive.

Pros

How easy it was to setup and use. The fact that me and my crew can access Buildertrend from my desktop, laptop, ipad and iphone. Keeps me up to date on my appointments and to do. To develop an estimate is easy and quick and it keeps all my information in one central location.

Cons

The software can use some more ability to work with custom fields. The software does not capture company names, which we use to develop proposals. When I print an estimate I have to come up with creative ways to insert the company name for my commercial and governmental clients.

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND

It seamed easier to use and could be accessed on multiple platforms, i.e. desktop, laptop, ipad, iphone, etc.
Brian M.

Performs Well

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

We use the system for all of our home sales pricing, scheduling, and options tracking.

Pros

The product performs well for numerous functions. While it excels in most modules, there are some that could use some work. The dev team is constantly working to improve the system.

Cons

Some of the functionality is geared towards a specific business process flow. It would be better if it was more of a general use system, or could be customized more. While the dev team is constantly improving areas, sometimes the areas for improvement seem to be cosmetic. Sometimes the improvements break other areas that are essential to function.

CoConstruct and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND

Pricing, ease of implementation, industry focus.

Response from Buildertrend

Brian - thank you for your honest review! I will pass your feedback along to the team.

Steve W.

Reviewed on 01/09/2011

I started my own renovation company over five years ago after working 15 years for various custom builders. But because of the cost of construction software, it just wasn't in the budget. Over the past five years, I developed Excel spreadsheets and Word documents that helped keep me organized and efficient (or at least I thought so).

One day I had a random phone call from one of the Builder Trend representatives (Clint) and I checked out the web site. After the free demo, I was convinced. It never occurred to me the amount of double entering, emailing and communication that I was doing (or not doing). It was easy to understand, manipulate and use.

I have used various types of software throughout my career so I was very familiar with how software could benefit a company. However, product out there was very expensive to purchase. What I liked about Builder Trend's pricing structure is that I set the price based on the amount of jobs that I believe I will do in that year. No different than my business plan forecast. And if I exceed that (which we all hope we do), I just contact Builder Trend and they increase the amount of jobs available to me. This also increases the monthly payment but if I achieve my sales, then the minimal additional cost is irrelevant. It pays for itself.

With respect to the software itself, the product I used in the past was labor intensive to start up, implement and train. After 1 session, I was easily changing schedules, adding jobs and communicating with trades and clients. Scott was very informative and educated. He quickly and honestly answered all of my questions. In addition, prior to our implementation meeting, I sent in my schedule and trade templates and it was all in the system "ready to go" for me to fine tune. No starting from scratch and "learn as I go". While he taught me Builder Trend, we altered and changed my information to best teach me the ease of Builder Trend.

Finally by having a customized page for my clients to communicate with us, shows that we are a legit company and professional. That says a lot in the renovation market. My clients love this as they can view their project at any time. We love it because we can get change orders approved quickly and sometimes even right on site without having to go back to the office and prepare a word document. We make the necessary adjustments through our iPhone and send it for approval. They can be standing right beside us, go into their secure page and approve it right there.

I would strongly recommend other renovation/building contractors to lose their old ways of keeping their companies organized and use Builder Trend. It will do nothing but save them time, money and increase customer satisfaction.

Solomon G.

BuilderTrend as a Project Tracking Tool

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Our business problems are simple - track project tasks on a daily basis. I discovered many other features while conversing with my BuilderTrend rep and even provided a new feature suggestion for consideration though I am not sure if it was ever implemented. The mobile app works great for the field staff and I love the ability to manage the different notifications to inform me of a subcontractor's expired Certificate of Insurance coverage (as one example). Overall, I am very impressed with the functionality of BuilderTrend.

Pros

The project management tool in BuilderTrend is very robust with its functionalities, predecessor/successor assignments, and budget tracking. The section for notes and repository of uploaded images are helpful to the project managers in the field. The other important feature is the time entry module where we can track our workers and their billable hours worked.

Cons

The reporting tools are a bit limiting as query tools should be made available for administrators to extract data as it relates to our specific management oversight needs. The other limiting feature is that the financial data can only originate from BuilderTrend. We use QuickBooks heavily for our financial records but BuilderTrend cannot pull this data in.

Abdul H.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

User friendly software

Reviewed on 28/06/2019

We are the solar installer and this helps us to communicate with clients and post daily updates on each project. We also, keep important data under each concern folder.

Pros

This is the best user-friendly and customization software.
I like the daily log feature the most where I can post daily updates notify others and read what my co-workers and clients post.
Another important feature is you can upload and save all of your important docs under the specified folder without being worried about your doc size.
It also helps us to communicate with our clients and colleagues.

Cons

This is a little slower than other software. i.e, Salesforce.
While posting an update I can't tag a specific person.
Other users have access to edit or delete my comment.
On To-Dos I can't edit my comment.

Tony B.

Great product for the small-midsize builder!

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

The construction company I'm involved with uses the sub-contractor management piece a lot! It allows us to easily communicate with our sub-contractors and put projects out to bid easily and collect and compare bids seamlessly. We are trying to dive deeper into the customer communication piece, especially for change orders, it will save us/ make us more money. I Love the selections aspect. It takes a lot of upfront work and staying on top of selections. Once we got it all figured out it has been great. Lastly, we rely on the calendar aspect and how it works/ties into the other sections we use the software.

Pros

Overall ease of use and completeness of solution, pricing model, mobile application. I also liked the ability to include subcontractors and homeowners in the project communications - where desired - this can be controlled. Training materials are excellent (videos, live training), the Buildertrend support staff were knowledgeable of the building industry, the home building process and very helpful.

Cons

The estimating component changed and it is more difficult for us to build out budgets than it used to be. Maybe we are making it harder on ourselves but the changes were not well received from the estimating side of the house.

Daniel B.

Good Intuitive Web-based Tool

Reviewed on 06/01/2016

Pros

I like the that it is a web-based application with easy access. I have not used the the cellphone application, so I can not speak about that undoubtedly handy feature, although I have used it on my tablet from various job sites utilizing a "hot-spot." The Log is especially good with respect to keeping track of job site status and incidents. The ability to attached photos and documents is very helpful. Perhaps the most time saving feature for me has been the Bid and Budget functions. The ability to simultaneously send out bids to a group of contractors, see their acknowledgement, and receive the bids placed automatically and notify them of results all within the project is huge. Another feature that has been especially good for me is the ability to create custom fields in Leads and Jobs. This feature allows me to provide specific reports with tailored information in an Excel spreadsheet. As an organization we have not fully implemented the features and functionality available with the product, however, once we do, there will be greater benefits specifically related to accountability, efficiency, and quality.

Cons

It would be helpful to have the ability to create email distribution lists or groups, similar to Outlook on a project-by-project basis. I believe it would be utilized mostly in the Message function, but also could be useful in the Log Notification piece as well. The Leads function does not really apply to our type of business, but at this time I have modified its use to utilize it in a limited, but functional way.

Neil S.

BUIDERTREND

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

The program has benefitted our company with better organization of the projects and up to date budgeting.
Customers have also responded with positive feedback of being able to view the progress of the build and complete choices through BT and are able to track their up to date budget/cost.

Pros

The program provides all the tools required to work with the staff, vendors, and customers all rolled in to one. Combined with the accounting tools, it allows live time budgeting which keeps the company on track.

Cons

As I grow more familiar with the bidding, estimating, I see the there could be more ease of transition of information from one to the other. I also hear that BT is currently working on these improvements, so I will be looking forward to seeing that.

Kristy L.
  • Industry: Design

5 Stars Across the Board from DBRG

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

The Builder Trend program has been so helpful for our remodeling company. It tracks everything for each one of our jobs from beginning to end. It starts with our sales information and then moves to the actual job information. The Project Managers can schedule all activity on the calendars, create daily logs, selections and change orders, upload pictures of the progress of the job. The customer can view the progress of their project from anywhere because they get their very own portal to see the progress, the schedule and make payments online. On the accounting end, it keeps track of our estimates vs. actual cost and owner payments. It keeps all parties involved throughout the job. This is a great tool for our business.

Pros

I like the fact that everyone involved with each job is connected by the Builder Trend Program. The personal portal for the customer is one of my favorite features as well as the Financial features. Also, Builder Trends customer support is awesome! Always available and always helpful!

Cons

The only thing that interferes with my working on Builder Trend is when Builder Trend is working on the actual site. Sometimes it runs slow or the site drops. This does not happen for long periods of time but would be nice if Builder Trend could do this after most business hours.

Tracy M.

Great tool

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

The benefits are one stop for everything like pictures, invoices, time clock, and it's available anywhere you go since there is an app for it. The best part is the customer service. I can do a live chat with them on any problem or concern and it's remedied right away. I also like that I can set up a one on one with our service rep and customize what I want to focus on to learn.

Pros

It makes a small business owner like us look extremely professional in the eyes of the homeowner.

Cons

Once we got it linked to Quick Books I noticed it was not as good with the paid invoices until it synced to QB. And since I'm not the QB person I have to wait when I need to close the job and show it paid on the homeowners end.

Casie S.

Lots of bells and whistles

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

I think it's a great product, I just need to figure out how to get my team fully trained and using it to it's fullest extent.

Pros

There are so many features that help to automate processes, keep everyone informed, and make sure that nothing slipss through the cracks.

Cons

Because there are so many features, it has taken a while to get everyone trained. A group of carpenters aren't always the most tech savvy, or eager to learn about the software.

Response from Buildertrend

Casie - thank you for your honest review and feedback! Keep leaning on our Customer Success team for unlimited training to help get your team acclimated to our software.

Kent F.

Reviewed on 11/01/2013

First, my background contains over 20 years in software design, management, and development. Working with all the latest .net platforms for many large companies.

In 2012 I went to work with Avalon Homes and started my use of BuildTrend. Naturally I was spectical based on my exposure of other sub-par software platforms built and sold to builders.

After 6 months of heavy use including every aspect of desktop, ipad, and smart phone options I am amazed at how BuilderTends has designed a platform that enables companies to leverage the software and tailor it for just their needs.

There are so many examples that could be given from how companies can use the upload of photos, word documents, excel sheets, PDF documents, and really any type of electronic file and turn BuilderTrend into a powerful document management system. Truly powerful beyond words to a work force that is scattered throughout the state. A feature of the platform that is really under advertised.

We are able to store all customers photos of their choices on our site and have the trim carpenters, tile shop, paint shop, framers, etc... view photos in real time as we meet with them or during build time. Truly saves hundreds of miles of driving monthly for us.

The uses of the online storage of documents is endless. It is basically a high powered document managment system with very good security that just happens to be attahed to the rest of what BuilderTrend can do.

Simple to use from any platform like the desktop PC or smart phone. Each field personnel can adept their own technique for keeping notes, reminders, to do's, schedule items, and request for resources. Then management can easily monitor this as well as the progress of a jobsite and adjust accordingly.

The customer side of BuidlerTrend has greatly helped our marketing. Todays customers expect this level of service and technology and finally we are able to deliver thanks to BuilderTrends.

I fully expected to build a web suite of products to help our customers stay in touch and us to communicate since the other web based products are so poor. But after using BuilderTrends I dont have a single issue that has not been met. I quickly got up to speed in only hours, and within a couple of days had solutions in place for problems that had existed for years.

Yes its Great, their team of developers have done a great job with the infrastructure of the platform and continue to enhance it on a timely basis. Best of class for sure.

Stacy R.

It's not just a project management tool

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

We have been very pleased!! We have a dedicated team who knows us by name and is always there to help!!

Pros

I implemented my first system for production home building in 1991, so I have a little experience in this area. After trying 2 other competitors on a trial basis, we selected our first choice, BuilderTrend to help us manage our projects. It is customizable and also follows standards which help you efficiently manage your business whether a new builder, remodeler or other home improvement type company. But, the best part has been adoption and the response of customers. We actually remodeled two projects for the same customer while they were out of the country. The communication features in BT facilitated what would not have been possible in the same time frame in the past plus processed payments. Using BuilderTrend has been a great marketing tool to set us apart from the competition.

Cons

Subcontractor use has been our biggest roadblock as it takes more training with some and reminders to get them to use the software.

Response from Buildertrend

Stacy, thank you so much for your 5-star review and kind words! We are so happy to hear how well Buildertrend is working for your company.