Buildertrend

4.3/5
4.7/5

Stacy
Stacy

It's not just a project management tool

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

We have been very pleased!! We have a dedicated team who knows us by name and is always there to help!!

Pros

I implemented my first system for production home building in 1991, so I have a little experience in this area. After trying 2 other competitors on a trial basis, we selected our first choice, BuilderTrend to help us manage our projects. It is customizable and also follows standards which help you efficiently manage your business whether a new builder, remodeler or other home improvement type company. But, the best part has been adoption and the response of customers. We actually remodeled two projects for the same customer while they were out of the country. The communication features in BT facilitated what would not have been possible in the same time frame in the past plus processed payments. Using BuilderTrend has been a great marketing tool to set us apart from the competition.

Cons

Subcontractor use has been our biggest roadblock as it takes more training with some and reminders to get them to use the software.

Response from Buildertrend

Stacy, thank you so much for your 5-star review and kind words! We are so happy to hear how well Buildertrend is working for your company.

Christopher
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great versatility for GC and also useful for an architectural drafter

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

We are able to keep track of more jobs easier with Buildertrend. Our production volume was at our limit before searching for online databases and project management software; with Buildertrend we have been able to make our business work significantly more smoothly, and we have information at our fingertips which in the past was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Pros

Buildertrend is a wonderful way to keep track of what is going on. This includes scheduling; creating, recording and sending documentation; organizing projects neatly; and staying aware of finances. It also has a very helpful Leads section, which helps me keep track of prospects from the earliest stage of when I become aware of them. In a word, I would say I appreciate most the organization which Buildertrend offers.

Cons

To be succinct, the user interface (UI) is decent but could use some improvement. The Files section in particular could use some work. I would like it to be versatile and able to navigate easily. An example of improved versatility is being able to access information in a simpler and faster way, such as Windows Explorer offers in how I see and can analyze various folders and files. An example of easy navigation is being able to tile multiple view windows so I can compare file locations across multiple Jobs to keep similar file types in the same locations, and so I could ensure my folders all have identical names across multiple Jobs

Procore and WorkflowMax

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

It best fit the size of our business as well as offered the precise functions and volume we needed.

Response from Buildertrend

Christopher, thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback and review! I have passed your suggestions along to our Product team.

Miguel

Clunky at best.

Reviewed on 01/12/2021

They tried - nice people. You can’t overcome poor design and development. It has to be built with ease of use being a top priority.

Pros

They are fantastic at marketing their product and putting on a good demo. Strong feature set if you can overcome a lack of flow and common sense usability.

Cons

Packed with features yet ease of use is paid no mind. I was in the software field when everything transitioned to SAS from legacy hardware. The most important factors (high level) are security, down time, make it extremely user friendly, and feature functionality (not at the risk of losing ground on a user friendly interface). Today, if one can’t jump into a software for the first time ever and make it work with ease then it has little to no value (my humble opinion). This is exactly why many companies provide only 30 or 14 day trials or less. It either meets your needs or not but if you can’t figure it out because the execution is poor and the interface is clunky, it’s not a worthwhile investment. I think this company has focused too much on marketing with social media heads like “The Build Show” for popularity and too little on development. Make it stupid simple to where a VA in the Philippines can use it with ease and no background, only then would I have interest in trialing it. Also, the mobile app should be wiped clean and redone entirely - not usable. On to the next.

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

They merged and made their pricing model simple.
Ed

A great Project Management and Communication Platform

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

My overall experience with Buildertrend has been positive. I run a small homebuilding company, and this tool has allowed me to organize my workflow and communicate with my customers and my sub-contractors efficiently. The iPhone App works great, and Buildertrend allows unlimited storage so I can upload all my pictures into one place for my records. Great Platform! I can't say enough about my Coach and Buildertrend University. Exceptional experience as well!

Pros

I like that it is easy to use. I also LOVE the iPhone app. Once everything has been loaded, I can send large files, communicate effectively, and raise the efficiency of my team and sub-contractors. I also Love the ability to template a project for easy set up of a new project!

Cons

When building significant line item estimates, the browser page has to refresh each time as you switch from the budget tab to the estimate tab. Even with a fast connection, it takes a bit of time to update. Not a big complaint since you can upload a spreadsheet from excel for the initial set up.

Reasons for Choosing Buildertrend

At the time that I switched, the other product did not have a native app, so it was like a glorified web browser on my smartphone. That was the main reason why I switched to BuilderTrend.

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

I chose Buildertrend ultimately because of the price, the overall value, and most of all, since they had a great iPhone App. The platform has evolved and has gotten much better and more organized. The pace of the added features and improvements will keep me coming back as a satisfied customer.
Melody

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

We do not have a "main office" so it is very difficult to have one central place where all information is kept. This software solved that problem, multiple users can look at the same file at the same time to discuss things.

Pros

This software is VERY user friendly no matter what your computer skill level may be. The online tutorials are great and a huge time saver if you are unsure what to do. The customer support staff, should you need them, is always very quick to respond and explains how to execute your task. We were fortunate to have a two day training session with our representatives and that was priceless. Our subs and vendors are able to access our system so it really cuts down on paperwork flow and we know they are seeing the most up to date information on each project. We did have some special needs in our company to tweak things a bit and that was never a problem.

Cons

Nothing really, it just takes time to get use to how it flows and again, any question that I did not think of until I dove in feet first, I just emailed or called customer support and got my answers right away.

Response from Buildertrend

Melody, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We truly appreciate your kind words and feedback.

Tyler
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS

Reviewed on 07/02/2024

In short, awful. I would never do business with this company after the way we were treated. The salesman was hands down the most arrogant and unprofessional person I have spoken to in my research for a new PSA management software for our firm. I would avoid builder trend at all costs!

Pros

The features they offer are great but their company culture and the people they employ are unprofessional and rude.

Cons

The salesman assigned to our account was very rude and unprofessional. We were ready to purchase the software but decided not to because we were sooo turned off by their rude and unprofessional salesman.

Kantata, HaloPSA and BuildOps

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

I didn’t. We had a horrible sales experience and decided against them.
Kris

Buildertrend is simple to use

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Pros

Buildertrend is super simple for even the lowest tech person. It keeps all our data in one place that all employees can see. Communication is so much better with this product!

Cons

Only one complaint - There's no way for the users to record their lunch break so that we can conform to CA regulations, also there's not a way that I know of for the employee to electronically submit their timesheet info with a signature

Procore

Reasons for Choosing Buildertrend

Pro Est was so hard to set up and keep maintained. Also didn't offer barely any functionality except estimating.

ProEst

Cost

Response from Buildertrend

We appreciate your review and feedback, Kris! I have passed your suggestions about the lunch break and electronic signatures for timesheet info on to our Product team.

Nathan

Taking the stress out of Managing

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

We had 5 programs that we were using to manage the projects. BT was able to reduce us down to 1. Overall its been a great program to use and it has helped us stay on schedule. It helps clients know where they are at and how much they owe. It helps us know if something has been billed/invoiced and helps us manage change orders. Great Program. Phone app is great also.

Pros

It covers all the aspects of managing a job; from when the lead is created, to when the job is done. It gives you the power to customize, to a point, the program to fit your company and allows you to make changes on the fly. We keep up on the schedule daily but the schedule keeps our jobs running smooth. The time-clock is top notch and it communicates with QuickBooks. Overall, its the whole package and it all is two thumbs up.

Cons

The ability to customize certain things, like tabs or change the wording. All other items Builder Trend fixes as we bring them to their attention.

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

We felt BT would be easier for our clients to use and navigate.
Dan

Your business needs processes!

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

BuilderTrend helped us design and implement a purchase order system that has significantly reduced job profit slippage by getting our trades and suppliers on board with accurate expectations and proposals before the project begins. BuilderTrend purchase orders facilitate the communication that is essential to keeping a project on budget.

Pros

BuilderTrend offers a comprehensive approach to managing customer interactions, project development and construction management. Implementing BuilderTrend will help you define processes for the key elements of your business - the processes that help you make the most money!

Cons

BuilderTrend integrates with QuickBooks desktop but the interface can be a bit clunky. It does work but requires a bit of patience, as do all things QuickBooks.

Angel

Great product

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

The software has made me more efficient and thus gives me an advantage over my competition. I spend most of my time in my truck at job sites and it allows me to take my office with me and continue being productive.

Pros

How easy it was to setup and use. The fact that me and my crew can access Buildertrend from my desktop, laptop, ipad and iphone. Keeps me up to date on my appointments and to do. To develop an estimate is easy and quick and it keeps all my information in one central location.

Cons

The software can use some more ability to work with custom fields. The software does not capture company names, which we use to develop proposals. When I print an estimate I have to come up with creative ways to insert the company name for my commercial and governmental clients.

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

It seamed easier to use and could be accessed on multiple platforms, i.e. desktop, laptop, ipad, iphone, etc.
Jamil

Good PM Software if you think outside the box

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Overall I am happy with our investment into Buildertrend, but we have also put a lot of work to get it working for what we need. It can be very time consuming to solve how you operate in Buildertrend unless you use it at a very basic level. They really need to walk you through how to set up and use Buildertrend as a new user and how to more fully customize it for your company needs.

I have not been very pleased with how slow and unresponsive they have been in implementing changes. They need to take customer feedback more seriously and utilize their customers who are heavy users to help show them how to improve the software.

Pros

I really like that there is unlimited storage and that since it is cloud-based, everyone sees the same data as soon as it is entered. There are also ways to customize the software in several areas, especially To-Do's. Permissions are very granular which can be good, although it can be complex as well.

Cons

Understanding how all areas of the software interact is complex, you can't customize fields in Events/Schedule, most of all I dislike the search and filter settings. They are very poor and make it hard to deal with large data sets. Their filters are missing exact matches between items in the same category. There are a handful of other little complaints, but they really need to add custom fields to Events and then update their filter settings to allow exact matches only and also use standard search engine criteria in the text fields.

Procore, PlanSwift and Autodesk Construction Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

The overall value of the software and the variety of features.
Robert

Options

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

My overall experience has been good. I have been using Builtertrend for a few years and Im happy with the pricing structure and mobility and great to have real time help. I usually dont have trouble with speed and thats a big plus. I can see buildertrend improving its user interface for a little bit easier use and observe the updates that probably come from customer feedback and I like that. I just wish they would happen quicker

Pros

I liked that it covers just about all the bases and has a great notification tool. Lots of good options on how the information is received and shared as well as filter features. The 'All-in-one-place' features are what is great both desktop and the app.

Cons

I dont like that I cant give my subcontractors the same control or permissions as my internal users. For example i would like to give my contractors ability to write a change order as a request the same way that they write an RFI as well as make requested adjustments to the schedule. Also the reporting features are not robust and useful. Much more reporting features needed for big builders that have many projects going on.

Procore and Bluebeam Revu

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

It fit well with our many residential renovation projects and had all the features and more I know our company needed to move quick and have mobility

Response from Buildertrend

Hi Robert, thank you so much for your honest review and feedback! Feedback like yours is what drives us. I'll be sure to pass it along to our Product team. Thank you!

Justin

A great software for custom builders, with room for improvements

Reviewed on 16/02/2020

Overall, Buildertrend has been a great addition to our company and we look forward to continuing to use it. We hope new features are continually added.

Pros

The daily logs feature is very helpful as a place to easily log events, weather, photos, docs, etc. that may occur at a job site on a particular day. The tagging feature makes this even better when you are trying to look at any days that had inspections on them. The owner invoices and job price summary features are very beneficial to our clients that are looking to quickly figure out how much they have spent and what is remaining.

Cons

The estimating feature leaves a lot to be desired. Compared to what we came from, Buildertrend feels like a step back. The software cannot handle a large number of line items and struggles to keep up. We were told to have fewer line items in order to fix this.

Response from Buildertrend

Justin, thank you so much for your honest review and feedback! I will pass your feedback about our Estimating feature on to our Product team. Thanks again!

Heather

Left after software "upgrade"

Reviewed on 22/06/2022

90% of customer service associates were amazing. Very friendly, helpful and fun to work with. I will miss working with their team.

Pros

I used to like how the software was formatted with categories and subcategories. Uploading photos was easy to do.
When we saw what the new format was going to be, we immediately researched new software products and choose UDA Construction Online.

Cons

Scheduling
New upgrade - one no longer has the ability to organize the estimate.
Each line item went to quick books versus categories/subcategories
Can't see which items have PO's or not
They would do software changes mid day during the middle of the week
Entering data was a total pain

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

We initially choose BuilderTrend because it was NOT coconstruct. But then BT bought CC and it became a mess
Cindy

Comprehensive Platform

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

When I started at this company, they did not have any kind of project management in place. People would refer to documents within OneDrive to obtain details, and that was not always updated nor where details provided at the time needed. Everyone would always scramble at the last minute to find out order details and whatnot. There also was not any security with certain documentation. Now Buildertrend provides the ability to screen certain people from certain information.
The ability to upload photos has helped to prevent issues from becoming bigger ones, as it's not always possible to get out to every jobsite, but getting a visual on progress is extremely helpful.
Overall, everyone seems to be quite happy with the program.
The level of customer support Buildertrend provides is outstanding. Their Live Chat option or contacting your coach for assistance is easy and typically has great results. They are always looking to ensure you are satisfied, and will go beyond to inquire or find out information if they are unable to assist with the issue.

Pros

I like that Buildertrend brings together all aspects of residential construction - homeowners, sub-trades, vendors, internal users, and allows everyone to see the information they need to see, as well as provides them the ability to upload photos, documentation and even provide comments to certain areas within the program. This gives everyone an overall sense of what is happening within the project.
Having everyone tied into the program eliminates a lot of extra searching for information, as well as lessen the overall messages one needs to send out to verify parts of the projects - selections, drawings and pricing can be Approved or Declined. This also helps to eliminate outdated/non-approved details from occurring.

Cons

The program has a lot to take in, which I suppose is expected, but for me, knowing how things affect something else is really important, as we are a Canadian company trying to work with an American program and American terminology. I have had to experiment a bit with how best to enter information, and sometimes redo it altogether.
I do not like how often I have to press on users to be entering information and using the platform for communications, but that does not have anything to do with the program itself.

Response from Buildertrend

Cindy - thank you for your review and honest feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to do this and we've passed your feedback along to our Product team.

Diana

It would be a great program if they made a few adjustments

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

When it works perfectly it has helped our 3 offices in 3 different locations communicate better and know what each other are doing on projects. We have just had to take more longer steps to make sure everyone is getting the correct information and making sure the information was passed onto the next person.

Pros

It is better than most I have worked with. It is very easy to understand without having to use codes to get into sections.

Cons

It tends to freeze a lot when I am uploading documents . I have noticed that when I am inputting information it doesn't always save despite hitting the save button numerous times. Thank goodness one of my employers knows this programs faults and doesnt think I am not doing my job correctly. Although it has caused issues with other management wanting to know why certain projects were missing items that I know I completed. Another issue that would make my and many others very frustrated is when we have worked with a client and sold a job then we get another project from the same client on the same property months later we have to create a whole new lead and copy and paste all the information on the old lead and paste it into a new lead in order for us to be able to create a new job. It is very time consuming to do this. It would be great if there was some way we could attach or add another job to the same lead and be able to create another job from the same lead without all the copy and paste steps we have had to do. Also when I am creating a todo on the bottom it asks which salesperson is this job from so I select it. If I do not add the salesman to job assigned to he will not be able to see what is happening with the job. It would be great if I could just hit the button on the bottom where I select the salesman and he automatically will get a notification and access to all information on this job instead of me having to assign it to him and select him on the bottom as well.

dennis

Builder trend User

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Its been really good and really helpful in professionalising what we do more and more which is really important to our company ethos.

Pros

The software is so clever it is almost too clever. There is so much covered for the construction projects that we don't actually use everything (yet). We have integrated a lot into our day to day working practices and we love instant access to vast quantities of information in one place. It helps track and record so much which is really important. One of the biggest gains for us is that we track changes better and upgrades more and more meaning we are getting paid for what we are doing and we are more accountable but so are our customers and their changing demands. This also helps avoid disputes as often its all in writing clear and concise. we have adapted a lot to our own taste and needs which i another great benefit of the software

Cons

Some of the accounting package link-up can be frustrating and we lost a function recently which was not particularly helpful for us and was driven by other contractors needs who use the software. Generally, it is adaptable and you can feedback these types of things but we felt like bigger contractors have more clout and we are also not in the USA so feel a little isolated and translation sometimes a small issue. There is also a lot of functions and some we have not quite worked out if they fit or even how they fit but again this may be translation and what we do use is more than enough. Training across contractors is also quite a mission and still ongoing but we keep going and it pays off.

Crystal

Greystone - Crystal

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

We began using Builder Trend a little over 2 years ago as a move away from Build Tools. I have been very happy with the response time on customer support, and it is nice to always be able to reach someone when you have a question. We as a company are not currently using some of the features including scheduling and none of our subs or homeowners are going into the system, but we are trying to change this. We are actively using documents, selections, budgets, etc.

Pros

I like the ability to get notifications for a variety of transactions, the ability to log in & see things from a variety of devices, the tracking features for every transaction, and I love the amount of storage space for documents & photos that it has.

Cons

I wish it was more affordable to purchase more jobs so that we could use the system for our remodel projects, currently, we do not enter them in as many of them are small projects and do not warrant the expense it would cost us to have that many jobs. It is unfortunate because it puts us with two different processes for selections, budgets, docs, etc. depending on what type of project it is. I wish it was also possible to mark a selection as "Ordered," much like you can mark it as "Approved" it would help the designer & client know when it is absolutely too late to make changes. Lastly, I wish the transition to QB was more efficient. If you are using a desktop version of QB, which is the only way to have the contractor version, when PO's are pushed to QB, they do not populate the customer's job to the items on that PO even though it is tied to that job. I am not even sure what the point of tying the jobs together is as it does not seem to connect them at all in the transfer process.

Katie

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

I have used Buildertrend for almost 3 years now and I have appreciated having it.

Pros

I like how easy BuilderTrend is to navigate and use. The system is definitely more user friendly than any other platforms I have used in the past. I also like how visually appealing it is, rather than only focusing on functionality, creators also focused on it being nice to look at every day, which truly does make a difference when working in the same program for hours every day.

Cons

The quickbooks connection to desktop is very very clunky and can can and has caused major issues for us in the past. In terms of accounting, there are somethings that could be better. I would like to be able to see what has been sent over vs. what has actually been paid out to a sub, so the builder can tell without having to ask the accounting department whether or not someone has actually been paid, a more detailed status report would be great. I would also like for it to play better with the "projects tab" in quickbooks. Quickbooks has made a great projects tab, but it is not usable without how the information is brought over. this may not be possible, but it would be nice. :)

Buildertrend is designed mostly for custom builders in the way that it is designed to connect homeowners and use allowances. I would like in the future if there were more production building type features.

Rick

Reviewed on 09/12/2012

Willet Construction, Remodeling Specialist has been in business for 17 years. Our goal is to give Top Quality Service including Top Quality Craftsmanship. We are a Residential Remodeling Company that will do almost any type of project. We strive to create an enjoyable remodeling experience for our clients, so they will use us again and again.

During the growth of our company, it became apparent we needed a production management system to communicate with our customers and within the company. I became aware of BuilderTrend while being a member of Remodelers Advantage. We had been using our own spreadsheets and calendars for customers project. Our Change Order process was slow and hard to keep up to date. I took a look at 3 different programs, and decided that Builder Trend met the needs we were looking for.

We have been using Builder Trend for exactly 1 year now. We are extremely pleased with how it has improved so many areas of our company. Our customers love the communication system and seem to be able to use it with much ease. The Change Order & Selections process is so wonderful to keep us and the customer up to date.

Using the calendar for the job schedule is so easy and the customers appreciate knowing what will be happening on a day to day basis. We put our payment schedule on the customer calendar so they know when all payments are due. Customers are sending checks exactly on time, sometimes even before we send out an invoice. Cash flow has never been better for our Company due to the customer knowing exactly when to send payments.

Builder Trend has been extremely easy to learn. Technical Support has been extremely quick in responding to our needs. They are very knowledgeable about their product, and usually have answers for our requests immediately. Any time we need training on something, they are quick to set a date and time to cover any information we need.

With the help of Builder Trend, we have grown our volume of completed jobs this year without adding more employees. This has resulted in Willet Const. having it's largest and most profitable year of our 17 year existence. And we hardly ever have any Accounts Receivables that are more than 15 days old.

With the Selections being "Approved" by the customer on line, all the people that have viewing rights know exactly the product being used on each job. This way when our salesperson/designer are on vacation, anybody else in our office can answer questions from subs or customers about a product without having to bother the designer while they are on vacation. That way the job keeps moving smoothly, and our employees can enjoy their vacation without any worry about work going well while they are gone. This is especially nice for myself as the owner to go on vacation and leave work completely behind.

I also like that Builder Trend keeps improving their program. The "Leads" tab is great to know how much potential work we are estimating. And it helps organize our meeting schedule with our potential customer throughout the designing and estimating process.

Barbara

Reviewed on 26/03/2013

We were looking for a construction management tool that could include communication and job visibility throughout all departements and in the field - supervisors, procurement, management, financial, client & volunteer services, and that would allow updating and access in the field. BuilderTrend had it all.

We are a medium size, not-for-profit, affodable home building & repair, educating, and financing firm. Multiple Excel spreadsheets couldn't be kept up to date, and traditional MS Project Management software was too cumbersome with less features. A really nice aspect of BuilderTrend is that the whole history of the build process is kept in one place rather than in multiple files on in-house servers and personal computers. We are blessed with many volunteers from out of state and by creating a "Volunteer" job, the schedulers and supervisors can see how many and who is coming in advance so we can stage the work and communicate to them exactly what they will be working on weeks in advance.

Our client services department can see the build schedule for a client and keep the client informed of progress. We may not be using the program like a traditional commercial builder with clients would, but we have found all the features including selections and warranty to serve our needs very well. We have on average 25 repair jobs in process and 20 jobs in the planning stage at one time. We have completed over 180 repair jobs in the 11months using the system, and I could not imagine trying to manage this much work without it.

Out of the box, BuilderTrend is fairly intuitive to use, but there are nuances that should be learned to increase the user benefit. Training is always available and we discover more ways to use its functionality to streamline processes and communications. Our scheduling and planning meetings have gone from 1.5 hours weekly to 20 minutes. We schedule meetings with subs with the task function and quickly get a confirmation. This saves multiple phone calls of us and the subs. I can quickly answer questions for management and business partners simply by looking at daily logs, internal notes, schedules and pictures. The job list allows us to forecast and track our goals and find solutions when jobs are held up for any reason.

I have freed myself from continuous updating of Excel spreadsheets to being able to pull a job list and calendar list whenever I need to know status. Using the baseline features ensures I don't have to save a bunch of old reports for comparison to track project variances. BuilderTrend is very open to our suggestions on reporting and manipulating report and export functions, and I would like to see more capability in exporting reports. I like their focus on continuous improvement, adding functionality and meeting the customers' requirements.

Online topical is available but limited to the basics and I have always found the staff to be just a phone call away for answering specific questions. Overall a win for us.

Joe

Buildertrend

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

Scheduling, PO tracking and back costing of our jobs have become far easier to manage and far less time-consuming.
We are generally never late with materials due to the calendar and use of reminders, enabling jobs to run smoothly and efficiently with zero downtime.
The updates are definitely improving the experience with BT

Pros

Simple display options and excellent user interface
The system flows as per the workflow on site and the calendar works excellent in managing multiple jobs
All information in one place is excellent, and all available to supply chain and clients at the click of a button.

Our international clients love this software.

Cons

Would be good to have a clear guide as to how to use the POs, payments & COs and how they interact.
Doesn't transfer data correctly to Xero - double data entry
Does not do payroll, this would be a fantastic addition (understandable that it is complicated)
More flexibility required for estimates in BT. Lacks the functionality of Excel so forces us to use another system for this.
Clearer explanation of selection budgets and how they can be incorporated into the estimate would be beneficial.
Not been able to use the email link successfully to date.

Further guidance on how to link Xero tracking and BT cost codes would have been a huge help during setup.
It is still a challenge to get our supply chain to use the system with us.

Can be complicated to use based on the number of settings available to users and

Abdallah
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

It helps all parties to the project cooperate transparently.

Reviewed on 06/03/2023

With BuilderTrend, we have powerful tools to ensure budgets are not exceeded, and our ability to keep track of all project submissions and organize their records is improved.

Pros

I like very much that BuilderTrend makes all operations and procedures of the project clear to all parties, which enables us to implement the work within the specified budgets. It is great that BuilderTrend allows us to organize communication channels with stakeholders so that we can follow up on all project submissions and obtain approvals within the times specified in the contract, and it is good that all submissions can be accessed through records and their status is easily known. With BuilderTrend, we can collaborate with other stakeholders by preparing purchase orders, variation orders, and progress invoices, which shortens a lot of procedures and keeps all project activities on track.

Cons

I did not find many problems with BuilderTrend, but consideration must be given to training all members to perform the tasks correctly, as the ignorance of one of the members may cause a major defect, and the permissions system must be properly prepared so that only authorized persons have the ability to modify according to their specialization.

Response from Buildertrend

Hi Abdallah, we really appreciate the kind words. Thanks for sharing your experience with Buildertrend!

Matthew

Excellent Option for Construction Project Management

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

We started using Builder Trend in July of 17 to help stream line the many projects that we have. Builder Trend has been outstanding in growing with our company. There was a moment in time when several major components where simply not working well and we were considering moving to another System. Builder Trend's staff and development department have resolved all those issues and created a much better product that we will continue to use for years to come.

Pros

By far, the best thing about Builder Trend is its people. I have interacted with a lot of the staff and they excel in getting issues resolved.
This Online Software has everything that you need to manage a large variety of construction projects, Vendor/Contractors, and Customers
They continually update their program and it keeps getting better and better
They take great care in listening to their clients when making improvements
You can easily access the system using Desktop, Tablet or phone

Cons

They are working to address these issues, but one of the main issues is that it tends to not be as user friendly as other software, there are many times that they use 4-5 steps to accomplish tasks, when 1-2 would be better.
There are several bugs anytime that you use something that is internet based. Some of these issues have been addressed, others (like window scrolling) Still need to be corrected.

Paul

Processes

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

With the implementation of BuilderTrend, we have been able to perform as a company in such an efficient way that I often feel as though I am forgetting something. I think what I mean by that statement is that BuilderTrend has us to organized that my day to day tasks from leads, selections on current jobs, schedules, bids/estimates, and much much more is so streamline, I often feel a void internally like I am missing something. That "thing" that I am missing is stress and confusion.
This is and exceptional tool for us.

Pros

The best part about BuilderTrend is that we were able to apply our own processes we have established throughout the 38 years we have been open on a cloud based platform.

Cons

BuilderTrend is a very powerful tool. There is nothing about the software I particularly dislike, but I will say that it takes a lot of time to implement and understand the software. There are several areas that need improving/changing, however, the people at BuilderTrend are so quick to adjust. It is amazing