Salesforce Sales Cloud

3.9/5
4.1/5

16,149 reviews

Eric r B.

Salesforce is the best CRM if money is no issue and you customize it to your needs

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

SFS was a great solution for a company I worked for because I was able to spend the time to configure for optimal use. By understand the needs of the sales team, support team, and even our engineers who had minimal interaction with SFS, I was able to achieve a lot. I never got us into internal messaging, but I did improve our lead capture and qualification process with SFS.

Pros

SFS is a very powerful piece of software that is a dream if you take the the time to configure it and a nightmare if you don't. Those who fail with SFS are the people who think it's a turnkey solution that you can just buy and start using. Nope. You need to configure the heck out of it to suit your needs. If you take it seriously, capture workflows and goals for your team well, and take the time to set it up, you will be very happy with this solution. It doesn't need to take years, but it does take dedicated time.

Cons

The pricing is high. Social media tools for the application are pretty weak. Plus, out of the box, it's overwhelming and just not usable.

Zoho CRM, Basecamp, Sage CRM, NetSuite and SAP Business One

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] liked the power of Salesforce and felt that a weak sales pipeline would hurt us. So, we focused on optimizing, getting many module solutions to add to Salesforce, and it was working well. The sheer mass of options in the Salesforce Marketplace was also impressive and led to us thinking this was the right solution for people not afraid of paying for the premium option.
Andrés C.
  • Industry: Farming

Salesforce software

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

In general terms, my experience was really productive, because with this software I could learn more about how to be in contact with the customer it was a really educational experience

Pros

It is one of the easiest and most useful CRMs to use, it also has many functions, you can always find the details of your clients, and you will always know which client it is necessary to call.

Cons

In the part of the configuration you need to have some experts to deploy the project but when you start to use the software you will notice why you needed all of these experts.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Another business when I worked already had this software, and I already had a good experience with this software

Great product

Reviewed on 09/06/2021

Great. It does everything I need it to, it's just hard to get going on your own.

Pros

It can do pretty much anything from a sales point of view

Cons

The back end is a pain to use and takes a lot of getting used to. Also setting validation rules is almost impossible without help from a Salesforce person

Christopher A.
  • Industry: Design

The Best Tool for Converting Leads to Long Term Clients

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

In terms of lead, contact, and opportunity management, Salesforce is the benchmark. It's fun to play and works with pretty about everything. Their mobile app still has some flaws, but the call-to-logged-activity feature is rather useful. Of course, you get out of something like this what you put into it, so it's only as good as your team's willingness to use it correctly and successfully. It's highly configurable - to the point of becoming unusable - so you can tweak it to your liking. It's difficult at first, especially for newcomers to handling this type of programme, but with daily management and training, you'll find Salesforce to be really beneficial not only for the business, but also for the personal skill set that I've developed through the years of using it.

Pros

This will keep track of anything you put into it with precision. Do you require a new field? Make it, track it, include it into reports, whatever you want to do with it. Whatever you require, such as logged calls, activities, contracts, and documents, is readily constructed in and can interface with nearly everything in a plain form, including custom fields. Its widespread use aids not only integration but also sales team and senior leadership comprehension. Nearly everyone is familiar with Salesforce, including what it is and what it does, as well as how to interpret many of its reports. It's simple to obtain buy-in, put together a team to manage it, and get sales and operations teams to understand and implement it.
-Integration is comprehensive and deep.
- Enables you to make incredibly detailed reports in order to keep track of activity and history. It can be used by management to keep track of team progress and activities.
- A custom dashboard that enables for the loading of frequently used tabs into a "bookmarks bar" for faster navigation.
- A superb search feature that allows you to search the entire CRM database.
-It can be integrated with mail domains to provide real-time updates to emails.
-Customer service is aided by ticketing approach.

Cons

Except for the initial setup time required to effectively manage the system in place and set up the right job management for each corresponding area, there may be little to hate about this software.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

The interface is not very intuitive and requires constant tech support.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Though HubSpot is a good software, it is not as intuitive as required for an average user to use. While doing research for a new tool, this was one of the deciding factor. Salesforce Sales Cloud provides an intuitive workflow and serves as the a time saving tool. Also API features (including performance) in HubSpot CRM are limited, and email workflow capabilities are overly inflexible, resulting in a highly complex workflow management process.
Robert P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Best CRM ever made!

Reviewed on 14/05/2021

Since transitioning to Salesforce Sales Cloud, we have been able to build and automate complex processes to reduce redundant tasks, mitigate error, and provide an exceptional customer experience for our constituents.

Pros

Before using Salesforce's Sales Cloud, we used another CRM that was as deficient as it was clunky. Salescloud has literally revolutionized how we do business and manage our constituents. And the fact that you can customize and configure the system to work exactly as you need/want it for your specific use case is by far its greatest strength and the thing I love most about this software.

Cons

I wish the app-exchange was more vastly populated with solutions like Apple or Android. It can be somewhat challenging at times to find the right solution or app provider OTB, this forcing you to take the route of custom development or third party integrations.

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Stakeholders felt that we needed a new solution that would adequately meet our needs and limit the frustration and discontent among staff.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

UX, UI, Functionality, and Configurability were far superior in Salesforce.
Royce renzo G.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Salesforce on an administrators review.

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

I can say I had a lot of fun using it as an Administrator. At first, it's very challenging specially for the newbies like handling this kind of application but with daily management and training you'll find Salesforce very helpful not just for the business but also on the personal skill set that I gained with years of using it.

Pros

What I like the most with Salesforce its automation and analytics. It makes our job easier as an admin to maintain the application and and also to manage different end users that rely on its function to deliver the needs of the business.

Cons

The complexity. Sometimes its very hard to do some task since the application it self is designed with such complexity. Sometimes I found it hard to follow some procedure in salesforce specially when handling it for the first time.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

I don't really know since I was only an administrator for Salesforce on our company.
Angel J.

Salesforce Get Me

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Using Salesforce for many years has helped keep track of everything business. We use it to track and organize email, notes, files and reports on clients and employees. We use the dashboard feature and notifications to stay on top of needs and alerts. It makes us more efficient in our work and our planning.

Pros

I love the flexibility, the expandability, the collaboration I achieve with the entire organization has helped make us more efficient as a whole.

Cons

The software is expensive yet they did give a non-profit discount that is appreciated. The buy-in from all users is also challenging just due to it being a new software.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

G Suite is good but it is not as durable and easily expandable to multiple needs as Salesforce.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Zoho CRM was rated as good but we needed something that has established itself as a leader in the industry and we just went for Platinum service.
Regina B.

Powerful, All in One CRM

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

I am a Salesforce Admin and I work in Salesforce daily. I enjoy using the CRM, I find it very easy to use and reliable.

Pros

I like the tons of features that Salesforce has built into it. Those features are easy to use, easy to implement, and adoption rates are relatively high, even for people without a technical background (very important for sales users).

Cons

I found Salesforce difficult to navigate when I first started using it, so it can seem daunting to new users until they get a feel for navigation. I also feel that Salesforce is rather expensive per license. I know the cost is worth it for all of the features that are provided, but still rather expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

We needed more integration with third-party systems that we were not achieving in Dynamics CRM.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

We were already using Salesforce so decided to end the life of our Dynamics CRM.
Greg B.

The number 1 CRM solution for very good reasons

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

I have been working with and enjoying Salesforce for 7 years now, Salesforce is constantly evolving and introducing new functionalities, and what is not available out of the box (so to speak) can be achieved either by custom development, or using the dedicated app store which allows vendors to tailor solutions to problems and offer them as bolt on solutions inside the salesforce system.

Pros

Salesforce is hugely customisable, as a consultant, I am always asked to customise the system to fit the needs of the client, and I have not yet found a requirement that cannot be met, it may take knowledge and expertise from multiple different types of people (admins, developers, specialists etc.) but with enough understanding the sky is the limit.

Cons

There are certain limitations which may need to be overcome when setting up a new CRM system, if you are coming from a complex CRM previously, then achieving the same functionality is not always easy, but that is the reason you are switching systems, to gain benefits, not just to put a new interface on to the same solution.

Arlene S.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Industry Standard

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

I have tried other tools, including Hubspot to use as a CRM and nothing compares to the functionality and reporting you receive from SFDC.

Pros

It is a great tool to track and analyze all sales and marketing data. It has plenty of customization and integrations available.

Cons

SFDC has a mind of its own, you need to know what you are doing if you are an administrator, however that doesn't mean you can't learn. Currently, not all functionality is available in Lightnighting (we use lightning and I keep being sent back to classic to fix some stuff).

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Hubspot was okay at best, but didn't track nor show data as effectively nor efficiently as we needed.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

I have used SFDC for years now, and have yet to encounter a product that is as useful, organized, and effective as Salesforce.com is.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Salesforce review

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

My overall experience with Salesforce is that initially it is difficult to learn how to use. The user's experience in learning how to implement and incorporate it is not pleasant. However, once you start playing around with it more and more, you get the hang of it and it does ease everyday tasks for members across all organizations within a company.

Pros

What I like most about this product is that my team and company was looking for a product in order to ease the customization of widgets and components, automate tasks for users that were tedious and time-consuming, and streamline the process of customer's feedback to the customer support team to the implementation and design team. Salesforce was able to offer solutions in order to solve all those problems, all while allowing us to customize various apps and dashboards in order to meet our customers' and business needs.

Cons

What I liked least about the software is the documentation and learning curve that came with incorporating and implementing using Salesforce. I was part of the team analyzing if Salesforce was right for my business, and documentation about customizing styling and allowing different users to have different roles within your corporate account were difficult things to find. After speaking with several people who work at Salesforce and swiping through pages and pages of online material, we were able to play around and find what works best for us. Definitely incorporate the learning curve into your business plan if you plan to use Salesforce.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

The main reason my company was looking for a switch was for more ability to customize while keeping the price low that we paid for the solution.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Both of the other products we looked at had terrible customer service, were costly, and did not allow for the customization and wide breadth of options we were looking for. The learning curve for those were much greater and we didn't get more out of them for our business needs.
Yash M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Best CRM

Reviewed on 06/06/2019

Best Experience so far with salesforce even with different salesforce cloud including sales, service and community cloud as well.

Pros

I am a big fan of Salesforce and I am using it from last 5 years and I have worked in both classic and lightning so I would say its one of the best CRM for small as well as big organization.

Cons

I am somewhat upset with Report and Dashboard in salesforce because they have some limitations and even there are some filters are there in which if we want to show visual graph than I can show only 2 or 3 columns only.

Dynamics 365 Business Central

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

I guess Microsoft dynamics was not user-friendly and even I guess on cloud and it was more complex to integrate with other tools so we decided to go with Salesforce which was user-friendly and we can be integrated easily with 3rd party software.

SalesForce + Pardot = Winning Team

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

My current company had been using Constant Contact before I arrived, and it was poorly managed... a huge mess, even... partially due to the staff being unable to coordinate, and partially because the software was a bit clunky. I was brought on during the SalesForce onboarding process, and 36 months later, with very little management efforts from our marketing/BD staff, our data is standardized, uniform, and easily accessible. Emails are scheduled to go out once a week, months in advance, based on templates first developed by our onboarding process, and we have been able to shift our marketing staff to more analytical projects that have given us the edge we needed to be on track to make our profit-sharing bonus numbers for the first time in years.

Pros

The ability to customize really makes SalesForce its own beast. I've worked for two companies that have used the software, and both looked very different, yet still intuitively the same. I like that if there isn't currently a solution for you, there are add-ons and plug-ins that can be fitted into your experience to make it an extremely tailored solution for a wide range of companies. Not only that, the customer support staff have some great tools at their disposal that give you an even deeper dimension of control, should you be unable to quite round the edges for your perfect fit. I like the seamless integration with Pardot. In addition, with Pardot's automation platform, you can literally save hours' worth of work as contact/prospect data can sync in nearly realtime, depending on the rules you've set up. If all this sounds perplexing, don't worry too much, as Salesforce has an amazing onboarding team that will work with your designated admin staff to utilize most of the software package from nearly any education/experience level.

Cons

There are some frustrating limitations with reporting in Pardot, and sometimes SalesForce integration with plug-ins can be a bit of a hassle if they weren't set up during the initial onboarding, but overall these are speedbumps at worst and don't detract from the overall experience enough to really worry about.

Elena P.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

SalesForce: very powerful, but make sure you're ready!

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

We're a union, so we have a little bit of a different situation than a lot of businesses who use Salesforce, but it's been incredibly helpful in allowing us to build an internal leadership structure where we can show the relationships between our members. It has also allowed us to track member activity & engagement in some very powerful ways, and to track the work of our organizers and representatives.

Pros

Really allows you to track your customers/clients/members/leads and see the arc of their interaction with your organization. If you also use something like Pardot to manage emails and online forms, it will give you a complete life timeline for the individual and how they have interacted with you. Allows you to create a journey & experience based on their interactions with you and to give quick follow-up when someone shows signs of life.

The only caveat here is that you have to be ready to use it. That means more than just having people trained in how to use the interface, but making sure everyone is on board for how this kind of data can and SHOULD inform and change how you interact with your clientele. If you're used to getting back to people within 24 hours, you need to be ready to shift that to 20 minutes. If you're used to treating everyone the same, you'd better be ready to create drip/nurture programs based on behavior.

If you aren't ready to use it to its full capacity, it isn't worth the investment, but if you are able to use it the way it's meant to be used, it's incredibly powerful.

Cons

It has a steep learning curve. I've been using it for a couple of years now, and I know that I still have barely scratched the surface of what I could be able to do, but I don't have time to devote to just learning SalesForce when it's not my core job. Definitely recommended for larger orgs where you can have a team devoted to support. Also, I hate the way they continually try to sell you new add-ons to the core product.

Katherine C.

Great for organizing customer information. Integration into other systems could be improved

Reviewed on 18/08/2017

Overall, salesforce is a stronger tool for a sales team than a customer service team.

Pros

Salesforce is a great tool to keep track of customer information like contact details, communication history, and even a check box to identify difficult customers. By changing the titles of emails once they are saved, other co-workers can quickly see the status of an account. For instance, let's assume I have been emailing a customer to get an updated credit card number and they call a different co-worker to find out why the order has not shipped. That co-worker can easily do a search under the customer's name or company and with a glance see that I have trying to get new credit card information. They can immediately answer the customer.

I also like that phone calls can be placed directly through salesforce. With integration into the company phone system, but logging in and hitting a button, your phone will call the customer.

Also, the sales team can post - just like on facebook's wall - about their latest activities. This gives other teams the ability to see if there are any areas of concern or emphasis when they talk with that same customer.

Cons

There is a lack of customization that can make this out of the box solution a little unwieldy for individual companies. For example, each customer can only be associated with one email address. Therefore, if a customer sometimes emails you from their work email and sometimes from their home email, the conversations cannot be grouped under one person.

Also, emails cannot be sent directly from salesforce.com. Instead, it integrates with MS Outlook. In my experience, that integration can sometimes have issues where emails are not saved on salesforce. Also, the user has to go back into salesforce after sending the email to add information and change the subject to be more easily searchable by colleagues.

Sebastian P.

If you are a startup, keep looking. Think twice if you have 15-20 sales rep

Reviewed on 18/09/2015

Even though I wasn't part of the selection of the application, I must admit it is a great software, but mostly because the experience that has built into. Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities are the basic pilars of every Sales process, and the information you can manage with it gives you a lot to track sales and team performance. It takes time to train and configure it and that's why I would not recommend it for a startup (besides the cost).
We wanted to have a software that could help us manage the sales process and be able to help our sales and provide information to the management, and we could get that with Salesforce.

Pros

The experience that the software has embedded in the features and the ability to configure and adapt it to our processes. One example of this is how they map the selling cycle: Campaigns, Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities, Contracts.

About features, the reporting that they have, even if with our version is limited, it's one of the most powerful I know. And you can complement it using other software such as Dataloader.io

Another thing that we use a lot is the ability to create workflows. Pro Edition only have that for Contracts, but the ability to combine different objects with processes is very powerful.

Another thing is the app market that they have, hence the development model and integration features they have. Even if you have a limited version such as ours, you can always extend the functionality using other apps.

Cons

I would say that what I like least of it is their licensing model. Since they are so big, everything costs a lot, and the way they modularized the system sometimes just doesn't make sense. For example, the Professional Edition includes the ability to create forecasts out of the Opportunity pipeline, but it requires the ability to configure permissions and user profiles that you can't do with that edition! After long hours talking to the support, they told me that the only way to do it is to go Enterprise, which costs the double.

Another thing that for a new user, and being exposed to several other application, the UI hurts your eyes. But here is a fact: Salesforce is used for thousands of companies for a very long time, so changing anything in the UI would cost millions to companies in training. At least that is what they say, and I believe it.

Herman S.

A Powerhouse of a CRM

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Salesforce was our first 'serious' CRM at the company - and we found it to be very powerful and customisable, although with certain quirks here and there (e.g. storage can run quite expensive) and that some specific features can seem a bit limited. Overall, with the right knowledge, it's an amazing platform.

Pros

The flexibility and endless customisation - with the right approach, Salesforce can be set up to help run almost any business process.

Cons

Salesforce needs quite powerful machines to run smoothly - this can become an issue if your business is on machines such as Macbook Air's.

Zendesk, Dynamics 365 and Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Freshdesk was becoming quite limited for what we wanted it to be - store and manage customer relationships.

Zendesk, Dynamics 365 and Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce is just a lot more powerful and flexible than the above.
Ranee T.

Always Rising in Sales with Salesforce

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Pros

Cons

No negative comment. Salesforce has help my sales team boost up our membership with the company by 50% increase, with the help of reminders 75% retention rate.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Easier to use and most productive

Constant Contact

Lance S.

Salesforce software review

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

A very positive experience . I use to use Microsoft CRM but I find that salesforce is far more superior.

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive. I can list organizations and individuals within the organizations all the time. It’s user friendly, the reporting capabilities are top notch and I can assign task to myself to stay on track.

Cons

I sometimes only use the classic theme because I feel like the newer theme is too busy and not user friendly and difficult to navigate but besides that I have no issues or problems with salesforce.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

The reporting capabilities were weak and not robust like salesforce.

Geoffrey S.

Salesforce for a Global Education Organziation

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

We use Salesforce to plan and organize our accounts, events, external partners, and record keeping. We additionally use the system to act as the primary contact database for our global organization. Lately, we have implemented the service console to also use Salesforce as our primary customer response tool and to automate certain consistent financial transactions used by our business. Salesforce is the industry benchmark for contact management systems for Nonprofits. It's a wonderful tool to be able to manage work, travel, finance, reporting, and contacts for global organizations and national organizations. A diverse and malleable tool, excellent Salesforce administrators can turn this system into the most important tool your organization has. However, you will want to ensure global understanding of the use of various fields and explore the possibility of integrating systems like Oracle prior to over customizing your Salesforce instance.

Pros

- The system acts as an excellent contact management database that allows one to quickly sort, group, and manage different stakeholders and organizations.
- Service Console provides an easy global solution to transfer customer concerns to the appropriate individual or teams.
- Reporting features are used to provide consistent updates regarding our events, customer service, and travel.

Cons

- Improved version histories could help prevent miscommunication or revert undesired changes
- It was difficult to implement across our offices around the globe, and we've had some difficulties in ensuring that all offices are using the tools in the same way.
- Over-customization makes can make integration with other systems more difficult or impossible.

Is the price and learning curve something you can afford?

Reviewed on 26/05/2020

We are using salesforce as our CRM. It is the only one that actually works with our other systems. We really like having one environment to operate in as opposed to several systems.

Pros

The marketing automation is hands down the best in the market. The ability to nurture prospects through the sales cycle is amazing. Lead generation tools are top-notch, sales tools, and the sales system is set up for growth, and customer retention is a breeze as well.

Cons

It is expensive to implement. We needed a consultant to help us with setup, which was not cheap. Also the learning curve for over 200 employees took time.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

We made the switch so we could monitor all marketing efforts in one system.

HubSpot Marketing Hub
Tawana E.

Clean and Simple

Reviewed on 27/09/2020

Overall I enjoy using this product. We actually switched back to it from another product we used in its place. The team who met with us, more than once, to customize it to our needs was amazing. They were very accommodating and professional. I'm beyond relieved we switched back to Salesforce!

Pros

I enjoy the simplicity of the product. I use it daily, so it has to be effective and understandable. With the urgency in my position I have to be able to access and I put information in the necessary areas without any issues. The interface is clean and very user friendly.

Cons

The updated version I have no cons. The version before looked outdated. It didn't have a modern look and wasn't customized to my needs. The updated version has everything I need, and as things change, things can be added or removed.

Tyler D.

Saleforce is very effective and efficient way of keeping track of clients, leads, and...

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

Pros

I have been in sales for over 8 years and used many different sales software programs. Salesforce was by far my favorite and the most efficient one of them all.

You can set up reminders to call leads at certain dates or a recurring amount. When your company uses it you can track everybody's sales and customers through it. It has a social media aspect to it by being able to tag co-workers with task and different clients.

The filtering process was effective on how you can view the different leads. The company I worked for was the entire US and each person had different regions. You can filter it from different locations, companies, types of account, etc...

When using it on the phone you can click on the number of someone and the phone pops up with the number dialed. You can link your email to this and have it auto populate the email with the account as well.

When you call on the leads it is easy to add the notes relevant to your phone call or site visit. Easily look at everyone's activity as well when you need to.

Cons

There is not many complaints at all about Salesforce except it would be nice to have some better automation with the app and tracking. For example if you called a lead from the app it would be nice to auto track the time you called the lead.

It would also be nice to see a little more customization on your individual dashboard as well. You can customize many aspects of Salesforce except for it is limited on dashboard and everyday use.

Other than those few things I can't think of much that would make it a better tool for sales people.

Nicholas R.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

The Best CRM Ever!

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

It's been a dream come true. Our old 'CRM' system was excel, which our sales team was bad at using. Salesforce has allowed us to keep track of potential customers, leads, contacts, emails, and so much more. It's great!

Pros

I like how easy and straight forward all of the functionalities are, even right out of the box. I can do what I want, and structure each section how I want. Great job!

Cons

Honestly, I like most things about this software, so there isn't really anything to comment on here.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

It was too hard to retrieve data from the many fields needed for each lead and customer.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

The Salesforce interface looks so much cleaner and easier to use. Zoho looks like crap.
Kate V.
  • Industry: Market Research

Good for CRM - Difficult Reporting

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Using this daily as a tool for CRM and project/opportunity management is relatively easy, and users at all levels within the organization are able to find the information they need simply.

Pros

We use this program for CRM, and have recently looked at it to use it for VRM. It is easy to use for handling customer information, project information, and bidding/opportunity management.

Users of all levels within the company can find projects and customers with relative ease to get the information they need.

Cons

The new Lightning version caused a lot of confusion within the company, as we weren't all aware of its release ahead of time, nor do we understand what the benefits of using it are.

It appears to be a new GUI without any additional content, though that is speculative, so we have returned to the original ('classic'?) SF view and will continue using that until or unless we find that the Lighting version has features we need.

Additionally, and this may be because of the way our system was set up, it appears that the data sets are separated by Opportunity / Project / Account, so it is sometimes difficult to create reports which need information from those three apparently disparate and compartmentalized sources of information, which has led to many users not creating or using the Reports portion.

Having used Microsoft and Domo for data visualization, they were in many ways much easier to use to find, transform, and manipulate the data as a lot of it was drag-and drop and was very clear to users without a solid data organization background.