When I Work Reviews

When I Work

4.5 (1,084)
Write a Review!
Staff scheduling, time tracking, communication & attendance

(1,084)

Bob
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Could not preform my job with out When I Work

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

I work on small and large project. When I work helps to project how long man power will be tied up on large project, which helps forecasting, cost of labor, project schedule, when we can schedule the next project. On small projects is makes a clear line of communication between the project manager and the field personal, so that everyone is on the same page when it comes to scheduling.

Pros

Create's a standard line of communication between management and field personnel. Also helps the field personal to be prepared for their next task.

Cons

I work on the road a lot. The program is much easier to schedule personal from the desktop than it is from using the app on a device. Although it does not affect me all the time, it would be nice to see an interface on the device that was more similar to the one on the desk top. At least just for scheduling.

Response from When I Work

Hey Bob!

Thanks for writing us a review! I am so glad to hear that When I Work makes communicating with your team easier and helps you be prepared for things that come up throughout the day!

Thank you for the feedback as well in regards to the interface on our app. I would agree - working on a desktop is much easier when building the schedule. Hopefully we can make improvements to our app to aid in making the schedule build easier.

Have a wonderful day. :)

Leo
  • Industry: Restaurants

Solid scheduling platform

Reviewed on 15/06/2023

Pros

The platform was easy to use in general and the employee app was handy.

Cons

Wasn't the best solution for a restaurant. Wanted to be able to schedule without defined end times so that staff didn't get the idea they could leave exactly at that time. Some other platforms allow for this (such as scheduling to "business decline" or "close"). But it works well for businesses with fixed schedules.Dealt with some lagging on the backend when scheduling via a pc.

7shifts

Wanted an employee app.

Reasons for Switching to When I Work

We ultimately switched away from WIW to 7Shifts.

Response from When I Work

Hi there Leo,

Sarah here from the Care Team at When I Work.

Thank you for taking the time to review the When I Work app and platform and we appreciate your here. I can see how it would be useful for your team as well as others to have the ability to schedule until "close", "business needs", or something of the like!

We appreciate valuable suggestions like this as we consider enhancements and future updates to the product.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Care Team by visiting https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ with any additional questions or if we can assist with anything else.

Thank you!

Sarah

Deborah

Going down the drain fast

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Terrible. When I first started with When I Work it was a blessing and helped our business work well. I don't know if they changed management or what but the customer service has gone down hill in the last year or so. We are a staffing agency. We depend on our scheduling service for our money our very heart of our bisiness. They made some changes that have totally made this service obsolete for our company and now - in the middle of the work week in the middle of the work day when all of a sudden the changes became in effect with no warning- we have to stop what we are doing and find another scheduling service. This is after they had a large glitch that made it very difficult for our business and fixed it after 4 weeks. Can't call anyone - not an option.

Pros

I felt it had good features in the beginning

Cons

When there is a glitch they don't fix it for like a month. They change features that are detremental and don't give an option to opt out. You can't speak to a person you have to email them with problems. When you do get a hold of someone they do not help you but just say the same thing over and over like: We are working on this at this time. No solutions.

Response from When I Work

Hi Deb,

We appreciate the detailed review.

I am sorry to hear you may have run into some issues with When I Work. When an issue is reported with the product we are not always able to guarantee a timeframe for when a fix would be released because it requires multiple steps and testing to ensure that the solution we implement is successful and does not negatively impact other parts of the app.

I am very sorry for the impact any issues have caused to your workflow.

The support offered through chat and email ensures that we can address the situation in a timely manner.

I appreciate your feedback on this experience. We are always looking for ways to improve.

Vicki

Becky
  • Industry: Events Services

User Friendly

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

Great system! As someone who came from Quickbooks, this is a much more in depth database.

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate the data and schedule employees and track their time.

Cons

On the mobile app, you can't find the clock in button, at least with mine you can't.

Response from When I Work

Hi Becky,

Shab here from When I Work. We're happy to see that you are enjoying the app!

If there are any specific issues you are encountering or questions you have please reach out to our Customer Care team by submitting a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/.

Thank you.

Shab

Sarah
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Takes the work out of scheduling

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

We have been incredibly happy with the program. We went from spending 8-10 hours scheduling each month to 1-2

Pros

It is incredibly easy for both the employee to enter their availability and the manager to appropriately schedule. We love that we cant schedule somebody if they mark themselves unavailable, avoids confusion and holds the employee accountable

Cons

The inability to attach files to an email

Sling

Reasons for Choosing When I Work

We were creating our own schedule utilizing excel spreadsheets, this left open a ton of room for human error

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to When I Work

The video training was so easy to understand and charming, it was a no brainer

Response from When I Work

Hi Sarah,

Anna here from When I Work Customer Care. Thank you for taking a minute to leave us a review! I definitely understand how the ability to attach a file to a group email could improve When I Work. We have just released a new feature called Document Storage that your team may be interested in. I've linked an article that outlines the feature below.

Thanks again for leaving us a review. We're happy to hear that When I Work is saving you time and preventing confusion. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/.

Have a great day,
Anna

Erin

Scheduling made simple

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

Overall we have loved using When I Work. It makes scheduling seamless and reduces the amount of time we spend on employee schedules. We also really love the reminders and text alerts as it makes it easy to communicate with our team quickly when things change.

Pros

When I Work is so easy to use, it is simple to add employees, great for creating shift templates and the chat features and shift drop applications make changing the schedule simple for employees. As a manager these features are awesome as they reduce the amount of time that I spend re-working the schedule.

Cons

The only challenge we have faced is that we don't have access to the task list as we don't pay for this version of the application. We would love to try it out to see if it is a good value add for us.

Schedulefly

Reasons for Switching to When I Work

We liked how easy it was to use, and how many add ons there are included with the basic account.

Response from When I Work

Hi Erin -

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a lovely review!

I'm so happy to hear features we offer like Shift Swaps & Drops and WorkChat have been so useful for you. It's awesome to hear that scheduling has gotten easier as well!

We'd be happy to discuss our Tasks feature and see what options are available for you. Feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can assist!

Again, thanks so much for this lovely review!

Kindly,

Krissy
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

When I work

Reviewed on 22/04/2022

I loved the when i work app very much. I was able to look at my shifts as well as change and drop shifts, There is also the ability to chat with other employees about changing or swapping shifts.

Pros

When I work is a great app as far as employee scheduling and shift changes. The app has sooo many great features available and it is very affordable.

Cons

there were a few glitches with the software on ocassion when trying to pick up a dropped shift if you are already scheduled.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to When I Work

I heard from other stores that have used the software as well as reading reviews online.

Response from When I Work

Hi Krissy,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this feedback with us!

We're happy to know that you're enjoying the app and features available, like easily having access to view your schedule, and being able to drop and swap shifts! Our users are the reason we do what we do.

Please let us know if any questions come up, we're always happy to help.

Chelo

Maria

Best so far

Reviewed on 24/01/2020

This app is saving a lot of time in terms of scheduling for managers and really helpful for employees as well in terms of switching shifts or internal communication.

Pros

In terms of scheduling this is the best app, easy to see requests off or vacations, easy to set-up reminders, the shifts can be dropped and picked up with just a click away, easy to create schedule base on the sale, easy for employee chat or contact information.

Cons

I'll love for this system to be able to integrate with Payroll, but that's the only big downside. The second one is that for cross-trained employees (working several positions/roles) is not allowing the pre-set shift scheduling until you change the role that was initially assigned.

ZoomShift

Reasons for Switching to When I Work

I don't remember, but I think it was the price.

Response from When I Work

Hi Maria! Thank you for utilizing When I Work and for reviewing our application. We love hearing your praise for When I Work.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great software for smaller conpany

Reviewed on 15/03/2022

I would’ve chosen this app over its competition, if the cost was more competitive. It’s easy to use, it’s intuitive, they focus on their core product which is online scheduling.

Pros

This is a very straight forward software that focuses on online scheduling. It’s very easy to use. It’s very responsive, and fast. IM feature is very good. Great for communication between staff.

Cons

The cost is quite expensive, as it’s calculated based on number of active employee per month vs a flat fee, so the bigger the company, the more it costs. We have almost 150 employees in total, so it was not the best option for us to use.

7shifts and MakeShift

Reasons for Choosing When I Work

Excel was too basic and I had staff tell me they “did not receive their scheudule” or fail to check their email.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to When I Work

I end up going with 7shifts because it was an overall superior product, and has better value.

Response from When I Work

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and share your feedback with us.

We're happy to hear that you were finding the app easy to use and navigate! We strive to provide the very best value through continued product enhancements and outstanding service.

I'm sorry to hear that When I Work did not best meet your business needs. Should your needs change in the future, we'll be happy to help!

Chelo

Ariel
Ariel
  • Industry: Restaurants

Simple software for employee scheduling

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Pros

I like that I am able to see everyone schedule and it will tell me how many hours and how many hours this person has on one specific day and in total. I also like the fact that employees can put in for their days off on the app and then those shifts are available to whoever would like to work them first. I also like the sack that employees can get in contact with all levels of staff and management. It also allows employees to switch shifts, which has been an issue in the past. For one employee will say so and so sad they would take over my shift and this person has no idea what the person is talking about or says no I told him I couldn't do it. When all of it is done on the app you could hold people responsible for training shifts or picking up shifts.

Cons

I think on the scheduling part there could be a little more room. The employee list isn't double spaced and it's a regular size font. I also found creating staff schedules to be a bit of an inconvenience due to the fact that you have to use a cursor to pick a time spot and drag it from one side to another. It can often times be difficult when you're busy.

Response from When I Work

Hi there! Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that the Scheduling features are working well for your Workplace. We also appreciate all of your feedback on where features can be improved! We appreciate your input!

Jonathan
  • Industry: Events Services

When I Work Keeps Us Working

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

WIW is extremely helpful to us at our company because we spend the majority of our day scheduling employees for various events that we run every week. Creating a schedule and assigning employees to it is super simple, as well as keeping a database and logging hours for our employees on site. It's all very user friendly and easy to use/look at. Their customer service team is always there to help and are super friendly. We have had many people who have been added to this platform, and have had no problem learning how to use it. It has been really great for us and helps us run smoothly. They have also been actively engaged with us to help us find solutions to the improvements we have requested.

Pros

When I Work is a great product that our company loves to use. We love how easy it is to create a schedule and assign employees, and all of the features are very easy to work with and aesthetically pleasing. We also like the ability to keep a detailed database of employees in the system. Their customer service team has been very friendly and are always there to answer our questions in detail. It is also a great platform for time tracking and exporting time sheets every week to send to payroll. Overall, it's the best platform we could have found to help us do what we need to do every day.

Cons

A couple features we wish they had:

- The option to create a preferred list in our employee database (A-list, B-list, C-List, Do Not Call List, etc)
- The option to be able to look at all events at once on the Time Tracker for the day (right now you can only look at one event at a time, which is hard when we have multiple events and sometimes forget which ones are happening in a day)
- To have a log of attendance (who was late, who called out, who was a no show) that is linked to a person's profile so we know who the problem people are (maybe a color coding that's like "green" if they are good on attendance and then gets closer to "red" if they have had several call outs/tardies)
- A way to add the zip code of an event to a schedule/job site that shows up on timesheet exports
- A way to send a crew memo or mass notification ("this shift has been cancelled" or "this shift has had a time change, please confirm") to all or selected crew members via WIW.

Response from When I Work

Hi Jonathan -

Thank you so much for such a wonderful and thorough review!

We're so happy to hear that you're loving the features we currently offer! I love the suggestions you've shared as well. We are always interested in hearing about your experience with our product and how we could improve.

Again, thank you for your kind word and fabulous review!

Worth Every Penny

Reviewed on 14/01/2022

Staff empowerment to take control of their schedule and the money saved from the time saved and less errors occurring make this experience worth all the searching for a new system. Also, the customer service is quick and straight to the point!

Pros

The ease of creating a schedule, distributing it, and letting staff handle their shift swaps or drops has completely empowered our team. The best feature is the 'history' button so that you know where it all began when shifts start with one employee and end with another. No longer do we have to hear, "I didn't know?" or "Who was originally scheduled?" because there's a ledger! Gone are the long, tedious hours of making sure the schedule is correct, every month, due to alternating work sites and schedules. Multi-site employees are never double-booked at different work sites, which is a game changer. Creating employee profiles take less than 60 seconds. Best of all, teaching everyone was not painful as there's a whole video on the website that walks everyone through the basics in less than 15 minutes.

Cons

The print feature is limited to what is offered with no option to change the font, unable to expand the daily roster (daily view is limited to 7 names on paper calendar), and there's no option to print in 2 week segments. This isn't a deal breaker, but the old school needs still exist of having a paper trail (even in PDF form) and due to limited names viewed on any given day, we can't use the feature to it's fullest. If the box for the day could expand to reflect all the names when printing, we'd pay extra!

Response from When I Work

Hi there! Thanks for writing us a review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying the app! Feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ if you have any questions.

Great scheduling app with tons of features!

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Scheduling is EXTREMELY easy! Long gone are the days of paper postings and random email messages. It is VERY nice being able to reference your entire schedule from the moment it is posted, going all the way back to your initial employment. Even those with little to no computer experience can use it fairly easily.

Pros

It is EXTREMELY easy for the end-user to utilize this software. There are also some pretty good mobile applications that it offers which makes tracking your schedule very easy!

Cons

There are a lot of overly-helpful tips and suggestions that constantly spam the administrators' email accounts and scheduling interfaces. (Essentially the company does this to assist the administrators, but there is no way to stop it, which makes it very annoying after awhile). The mobile application can also be buggy at times, and the website schedule does not work properly on mobile phones that don't have a "desktop view", as the website does not have a mobile version designed for it. This forces you to use the mobile app on mobile devices unless your mobile phone can display it in a "desktop view". On a normal computer interface, this works just fine.

Response from When I Work

Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to review our app. We are glad to hear that When I Work is making scheduling easier for you and your team.

If you are having trouble unsubscribing to our emails, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we would be happy to help get you unsubscribed on our end.

At this time When I Work is only supported on our web app via computer or or on mobile apps on Android and iOS devices. Our team is prioritizing consistency and parity between our web and mobile apps. I would make sure that you have the most updated version of the mobile app for the latest enhancements we have made.

Thanks,

Adrian
When I Work Team

Laurie
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Good for specific types of companies; we needed additional functions

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

This software seems to be developed and used for companies whose locations do not change. I can see why restaurants and small stores would be very happy with this app. However, there is a large market "out here" for companies who send employees to many locations to have an app they can use also (housekeepers, landscapers, moving/packing companies, etc.).

Pros

It has many of the features we needed for scheduling employees.
We liked that more than one location can be scheduled for different employees, even sometimes on the same day. When we finally figured out how to use it, the map function was convenient because we go different places nearly every day. We liked that employees could see who was working with them each day.

Cons

There is no ability for employees to decline a shift. For several years, we requested the company add this feature. This turned out to be a deal breaker for us, and we finally went to another software.
I also thought it was odd that when a loyal customer of many years left, no one from the company contacted us to find out why.
Interestingly, the software we changed to also costs less per month, in spite of the fees they charge us for employees to accept/decline shifts by text message.

Response from When I Work

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review. I'm glad to hear that our multiple schedules and job sites features were helpful for you as your scheduled your staff. I'm sorry to hear that you ended up choosing to go with another software; we are always looking for ways to improve When I Work, so I really appreciate your feedback about allowing employees to decline shifts, rather than just confirming them. Thank you again for taking the time to give us this feedback, Laurie!

All the best,
Briana

Tom
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Nice entry level scheduling product

Reviewed on 30/05/2023

This is a huge time saver for me, as my time spend for scheduling and totaling time cards has dropped significantly. Additionally, my staff can easily swap shifts making it easier for them.

Pros

This tools allows me to more easily schedule my staff with my staff entering their unavailable times which display when I am scheduling. The time tracking in the application, allowing my staff to clock in and out on the app is great. All of their time is tracked, and I get their total time worked at the end of each period which has saved me hours of my time already.

Cons

Some features seem to need a little more work. Additionally, this tool has required a lot of experimenting to figure out how I can use it best for my business. The task lists are great once they are figured out. Unfortunately, updating (reordering the items) is not easy. Additionally, my staff have struggled a bit with marking tasks complete on the wrong shift, causing issues. The fact that the Android and iOS versions vary in navigation on the phone has also led to issues in the "implementation" of the product. Extraction of the time totals is not great, as it only works for certain products. I end up manually transferring time totals from this tool to my payroll system.

Response from When I Work

Hi there Tom,

Ky here from the Customer Care team at When I Work. I'm following-up to thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review.

To start, we're thrilled to hear you're enjoying having the ability to easily schedule your staff and have your users clock in and out in one place.

We also appreciate you sharing your feedback on the time it took to properly figure out how to use our Tasks feature and we'd love to hear any suggestions you have for improvement now that you've got it down.

We are always looking for ways to make improvements to our tools and to make shift work feel like less work so we appreciate you taking the time to let us know that a more seamless user experience between the iOS and Android versions of the app is something you'd like to see in the future.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I'm always happy to help!

Thank you for being a part of When I Work, Tom!

Warm regards,
Ky

Catherine
  • Industry: Printing

Works Well Enough

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

Overall it worked well for our first digital time clock. However as the price increased and the features become less focused on what we needed, we moved on to other programs. For retail or part-time employees this could be very useful.

Pros

It is easy to sign up for and simple to manage. The cost is very low and usually has a free trial before you buy.

Cons

The updates kept causing issues. Employees interface on a computer had to consistently be signed in again. The Kiosk feature needs improvement.

TimeTrack

Response from When I Work

Hi there Catherine,

Ky here from the Customer Care team at When I Work. I'm following up to thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review.

We're sorry to hear that the updates cause your team issues and as much as we'd love everything to work out for all workplaces, we definitely understand needing to find the best fit for your individual workplace.

If you have more specific feedback you'd like to share please feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ We'd love to hear more about your experience!

Thank you for trying out When I Work, Catherine!

Warm regards,
Ky

Amanda
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Revolutionized our Scheduling Process

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

We used to manually schedule all staff at our child care programs. When a regular staff called in sick or requested vacation we used to have to call, text and email each individual on call or float staff to see who was available and if they could work at the location we needed. When I Work allows us to be a lot more efficient in this process. It also allows for better communication with all staff through features such as work chat, and announcements.

The customer service provided from the initial demo to setting up our team was exceptional. Our rep was always available to answer our questions or educate us about new features that might be useful to us. Our rep worked with us to use the features that worked best for us. When I Work also provides ready to go resources that you can send out to teams that include everything from how to set up your account, see open shifts, swap/drop shifts etc.

Pros

The ability to post open shifts as revolutionized our ability to communicate with and mobilize our on call staff. By posting an open shift On Call and float staff see the shift right away and are able to pick up shifts that fit with their schedules. The ease of posting open shifts has drastically decreased the time spent trying to find staff to fill gaps in schedules. With over 150 employees and 44 locations we are able to post the addresses of each location that allow staff to pull up a map to the site.

Cons

At this time the product is serving us very well. When I Work continues to add new features and provides detailed descriptions and instructions to these features.

Response from When I Work

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for this detailed and thoughtful review! We love hearing about some of your favorite features and how your team utilizes OpenShifts and new features as they become available!

Lisa

Makes scheduling super easy!

Reviewed on 05/02/2018

Pros

This product is super straight forward and very user-friendly. It is very easy to use the scheduler as well as keep up with employee hours on the Time Tracker. You can easily edit attendance if your employee forgets to clock out and sending messages to the whole group is super easy with the group message feature.

The online based platform is great and the app is the perfect way to post the schedule without having to send out emails of spreadsheets etc. Notifications come straight to your phone regarding scheduling changes, shift swap requests, time off requests, and even when your employees forgot to clock in. Notification alerts are easy to change in settings. There's even a setting to get a reminder 2 hours prior to your shift so in case your schedule is constantly changing, its so easy to keep up with it!

Cons

The satellite/gps location isn't as good as it can be with regards to clocking in. Sometimes it will not let you clock in due to being "too far away" when you are standing right at your work. The app sometimes freezes up when clocking in/out or takes a while to process a clock in. So then when you press "clock in" again, it'll actually clock you out.

Response from When I Work

Hi there Lisa,

Thank you for leaving us a review!

We are so happy to hear that you and your team finds value in When I Work!

If you continue to run into issues with clocking in and out, please feel free to email our Customer Care team at [email protected]. Our team will help get the issues you are experiencing resolved.

Thanks again for the review! Hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Kara
-When I Work Team

Katrina
Katrina
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Not consistent

Reviewed on 23/01/2019

Not good, had me late on my first and second day.

Not good, had me late on my first and second day.

Pros

After searching for a job two years ago, I found one from Craigslist. I was told to download this app and my schedule would be sent to it. Well the next day I woke up and decided to check my phone while doing so, I got a text or notification from the app. I opened it and sure enough I had to go to work in less than 10 minutes. I hurriedly put on my clothes and ran out the door. I was late on my first day. I told them the app lagged and I received my schedule minutes before coming to work. This app never got straight, I had to write my schedule down while at work.

Cons

My schedule never showed up in a timely manner. I was eventually fired then the schedule started showing up telling me I had work. How ironic is that, I didn't need notifications then, yet I was still getting them. I uninstalled the app and went back to my Event Specialist job.

Response from When I Work

Hello Katrina-

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with When I Work at your previous job.

We aim to make When I Work reliable and easy to receive your schedule. When I Work provides notification options so you can choose what alerts you receive when your manager releases the schedule to you.

In addition to this, we are constantly working to release updates and enhancements to our software.

I understand you are at a different job now but if you ever work with an employer that uses When I Work again, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care team at [email protected] for any troubleshooting assistance. We're here to help!

Sincerely,
Cara

- When I Work

Stephanie

Do you have around 30 employees? THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED!

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

We love the ease of communication with this software. Work Chat is a HUGE benefit for us. Many of our employees check this feature better than checking their emails! We also love the "copy and paste" feature. We are able to copy the current week's schedule and then paste it to the next week. Then we make minor adjustments to the schedule, save and publish to all employees with a click of a button. Then scheduling is DONE!

Pros

We love this program for the ease of communication with all of our employees. Communication is always something we strive for and with ever-changing schedule needs, this program eliminated our extra steps to be sure everyone was communicated with. With the quick change of a schedule, those affected would receive a notification immediately and know what their new upcoming schedule would be.

Cons

So far anything that we have had concerns with, we were able to contact WIW employees and it was addressed and fixed or we were educated in how to make that process work best for our center!

Response from When I Work

Hello Stephanie -

Thank you for this amazing review and 5 stars across the board!

We are SO happy to hear that you've found When I Work to meet your business needs, your staff find it easy to use, and the features we have are exceeding your expectations!

In addition, we appreciate the feedback that our Care team was able to help resolve any issues you encountered!

Sam
  • Industry: Entertainment

Scheduling Entertainment

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

Schedule 30 to 40 shows a month across 12 performers is a lot to keep track of. WIW allows me to quickly assign performers to shows. The Notification to the Performers is great and the Reminder 2 hours or so before the Show is excellent...

At one point we were doing shows every weekend and were using the OPEN opportunity. I would publish the date and time the opens would be published. Performers would be able to pick the show they wanted based on thier schedule. Being able too publish OPEN shifts in 1 push was very easy to do. I would fill an entire month of shows in about 15 minutes ... VERY efficient.

Pros

The monthly view give me the opportunity to see all scheduled shows and the assigned performer for each. So when customer calls with a specific data and time, I can easily confirm the opening and assign a performer to the show.

Cons

The ability to schedule repeating monthly/weekly events. While "every week" is ok, it does not allow for more complex calendaring such: as every 3rd Wednesday in every month, or every other Monday through out the year. This was a feature in the ORIGINAL WIW from 18+ months ago. There was a small ICON (an elliptical arrow icon) in the "TIME" dialogue box. When clicked it would allow for such complex scheduling ... PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!

Response from When I Work

Hi Sam,

Thanks for such a fantastic review! It's great to hear that your scheduling has been made more efficient through the use of OpenShifts. Thanks also for your feedback in regards to repeating shifts, we're always looking for ways to make When I Work more useful for our users.

Terra

Brenda

The software you didn't know you needed

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Overall, I am satisfied with the software. I especially love that they incorporated a lunch break feature and even rolled out the live time clock to help you track your lunch!

Pros

I've been using WhenIWork for about 3 1/2 years now and the best feature that I enjoy about this software is that I can utilize my phone to track my clock-ins and outs. I travel a bit for my job and being able to clock in at any time without having to jump on a computer is great!

Cons

I love that it gives me a notification when I have an upcoming shift or when I haven't clocked into a shift yet (something you simply forget) but WhenIWork always sends me a notification that I haven't clocked out even when I have clocked out from a shift. I am not sure why it recognizes that I have clocked out but still sends me a notification that I haven't done so. It might just be a personal problem though.

Response from When I Work

Hi Brenda -

Thanks so much for taking a moment to share feedback with us!

I'm so happy to hear that you're loving the ease of using the app on the go with tracking your time! We're really glad our features like mobile clock in and breaks are so helpful for you!

If you're running into an issue with your notifications, feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can assist!

Again, thank you so much for the review!

Jeremy
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

When I Work does a great job @ scheduling basic & repetitive schedules & an ok job when it's...

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Scheduling of our complexity is more or less possible with this software. It would be a huge headache otherwise.

Pros

It simplifies communication with staff and freelancers, pushing updates to them en masse. It is an attractive UI and the app functions pretty well. Support is responsive and communicative.

Cons

The permission levels need a lot of work. They are limited and global so you really don't have much control over who sees what. You can't copy a shift from one week to the next, this seems kind of basic, especially if an event spans multiple weeks it's inconvenient to have to build the shift twice. It would also be nice to have the ability for someone to view a schedule at a location other than the one they are scheduled at...for example, someone in one office wants to see if someone in another office is scheduled to be available or not without showing up in that locations schedule. Currently this is not possible.

Response from When I Work

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for taking the time to review When I Work! We are happy to hear that When I Work helps simply scheduling and communication for you and your team.

I will let my team know that you are interested in seeing more control over the When I Work permission levels, schedule views, and the copy shifts feature. Thanks so much for your feedback on this!

Adrian
When I Work Team

Tina
  • Industry: Accounting

The When I Work app reminds me when I work!

Reviewed on 14/07/2023

Pros

The most impactful feature of When I Work is the employee scheduling. It allows for easy maintenance of employee scheduling!

Cons

I would of course like more options on training to use the software but it wasn't extremely difficult to manuve.

Response from When I Work

Hi Tina,

Lexie here with the Customer Care team at When I Work, thank you for taking the time to leave this review!

I am thrilled to hear When I Work has been such a great fit for your workplace and especially your Employees!

I recommend having any managers and supervisors that will be in charge of scheduling check out our training center-https://help.wheniwork.com/training/manager-training/. Here, you will find resources for specific time-saving features, maximizing your account setup, and increasing efficiency while scheduling. Employee-specific training materials can be found in our employee training center as well.

If you have any questions along the way, please feel free to contact us by submitting a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ or reaching out to us on live chat.

Cheers,
Lexie

Jessica
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

When I work

Reviewed on 01/12/2022

It was good for what we needed at the time because we really needed the hospital schedules to be able to be viewed and it was easy to overlook the whole month how many shifts were being worked/ scheduled. but with so many facilities and with having to enter everything in after texting or talking to the candidate we found out it was easier to do on excel or just keep track ourselves - most of our employees at the time weren't downloading the app or even logging on.

Pros

It was very easy to put in schedules and candidates were able to check and view their schedules and if we needed to make changes it was very easy - a click of a button.

Cons

For a Staffing Company - You were able to put in multiple locations but when we used it - I would have to get the schedules from the candidates and then enter it into the app so they could see it, They wouldn't able to change their schedules unless they texted me then i would have to change it in the app which took time - wasn't as simple as their just cancelling or removing shift themselves.

Response from When I Work

Hey Jessica,

Jeremy here with When I Work.

Thank you for reviewing the When I Work app and providing feedback regarding our features.

If you have any specific suggestions for features that you'd like to see added to the app, please submit a ticket to our Care Team by visiting https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/. We appreciate insight and track and respond to every feature request.

Take care,