Showing 234 reviews of 223

ProWorkflow

Project Management & Time Tracking For Teams Of Any Size.

4.5 /5 (223 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 234 reviews of 223
Sarah C.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

ProWorkflow is the best task management tool

Easy to customise
Easy to track time and projects
Connects seamlessly with xero

I love it, I tested many demos, it has an attractive interface, accuracy, great support - this task management system gets a 9.8/10 from me :)

Cons

Sadly there is no pause button on the timer

When invoices transfer to xero they keep the hourly rate - so I can't activate auto invoice reminder in xero otherwise i have to remove that rate off each task (no time for that)

Large scale project management and team communication tools could have improvements made

Leah D.
  • Industry: Design

Out of the Box Solution for Creatives

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Favorite things: Job numbers, Messaging, Custom task templates, expense and notes feature. Private notes feature.

Pros

I've been using ProWorkflow for over a decade. The time tracking, custom task templates, messaging and client interface make it a critical part of my business. The few times I have had to contact customer service they have been responsive and exceptionally helpful. ProWorkflow is the administrative backbone of my business. At a glance I can see where a project is, how much time has been spent on it, what tasks have been completed and which ones are outstanding. I can add documents, notes and information specific to each project. When a project completes, it is archived and very easy to pull up should I ever need to reference it again. If you are looking to for a way to EASILY manage your projects and workflow - this is the software for you.

Cons

I dislike the fact that contractors cannot track time in the software. So if I have 10 contractors I use, I have to buy full account access for each of them, even though they may only use the software 2-6 times a year. This has always been my biggest complaint.
Add time tracking to the contractor designation and charge 1/2 of the employee rate.

Straight to the point solution

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Overall, a great solution that cuts through the noise for you in the already-crazy world of project management with great value for money as well.

Pros

- Great support for Agile sprints, you can tell that the Agile methodology was thought of in the product's design, offering so many tools and features that enable working on sprints and other fast-paced projects.

- Nice Milestone and Kanban visualisation as well. As I said earlier, points your attention to the most important thing to note; straight to the point.

- Great value for money too.

Cons

- Not great support for all invoicing scenarios; that would be useful to integrate into some projects that perhaps require follow-on funding or fractional and/or incremental payments.

- It doesn't have great support for extra-platform communication with colleagues and third parties that are outside the platform, this could be useful when interfacing with clients who may not be registered users

Anna B.

Love ProWorkFlow

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

They have been great and support is great.

Pros

Love the different views for tasks and the transparency on fields you see daily

Cons

The ability to select billable/nonbillable on a project level and not task level so we can default to one or the other. It is always the one thing PMs forget to update.

Daniel T.

So Far - Really Good.

Reviewed on 29/08/2016

Work are a growing, highly productive print studio / communications department that services both internal clients in our large organisation and many external clients. It is hard to find a Production Management System that is 'one size fits all'. But, for the most part, ProWorkflow is very diverse and adaptable. After researching and comparing ProWorkflow with other PMS's, this was the most comprehensive and adaptable to our needs.

We implemented ProWorkflow about 1 month ago and have not looked back. With the ease of an all-in-one space for us and our clients to lodge jobs and interact with projects and accounts, tracking, quotes and invoices and CRM. It makes our very heavy work load so much more manageable and accurate. Nothing can fall into the cracks of our frantically busy schedule and be missed with all deadline tracked. Clients no longer have a long delay to be invoiced via combersome manual processes between us and our accounts department, as this is now all integrated as part on our professional work flow using this system. Over all, it has fixed a lot of work flow issues for our very time poor, small team.

The support is great. The training, general customer service and support, and follow up (yes - actual follow up) well surpasses my expectation of online software - in fact any interaction I can think of to do with software or online service.

They are always taking on board my input to better the software to make it more flexible and adaptable as best they can, and are often updating and bettering the system.

So far - really good.

Pros

- Comprehensive, adaptable all-in-one PMS.
- Easy and quick to use.
- Great Support.

Cons

- Lack of integration between project / project request data and quote/invoice data.
- Unable to have multiple companies for the one contact.

Response from ProActive Software

Thanks Daniel! We appreciate the review ;-)

Rob K.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Client, Project, Hours and Invoice Management ALL IN ONE!

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

For small business, managing the tasks at hand, the hours they took to do and then tracking invoicing and payments is a huge task that prevents one from doing what they love. ProWorkFlow makes the hardest part of running a business a breeze from ONE DASHBOARD!

Pros

I spent years searching for an integrated system to manage our small business projects, tasks, hours reports AND invoicing for years. All you find are solutions that do one maybe two of those things well. ProWorkFlow does ALL four simply and easily. I don't know how we'd do the work we do without it!

Cons

There are some features we don't use (like quotes) I wish could just be turned off and removed from the interface. I also wish there was more specific customizing of some of the forms and invoices (again for simplicity).

Suzanne L.
  • Industry: Design

Proworkflow for design

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

The ability to task and track and invoice are fantastic, this really has changed the way we work for the better.

Pros

WE use PWF everyday for tasking and keeping track of hours allocated and spent on projects. We also use it for invoicing+ quoting. Its a great programme for keeping track of everything and the apps are great.

Cons

The idiosyncratic tendancies that the apps have - the Weekly workloader for example, its difficult to see at a glance the project title as the client name is first. We have several projects with the same name. The hours allocated to a task are also not noted on this app. The ability to drag a task from one day to the next would be great too. I find that custom reports are very hard to create too...

• Industry: Civil Engineering

ProWorkFlow for an Engineering Firm

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Keeping track of project budgets, invoices and assingments is way easier that what we have seen in other programs.

Pros

Timesheets are great giving the time of day, assigned projects and notes for documentation.
Projects section is good with the budget, staff assignments and notes sections.
Invoices are easy to create.

Cons

There should be an option to mark time as billed and a summary for all unbilled time by the project with the estimated billing amount for tracking. Our projects are completed over the course of a year with bi weekly billings but finding out what was and was not billed is a pain. Quickbooks online timesheets has this built in and it seems like that should be a simple add on to PWF.

Fran T.

ProWorkflow Review

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

Our experience has been great. The customer service is always prompt and helpful. If they can't answer a question right away, they will get back to you in a timely manner.
It's helped us keep track of our projects in a much more efficient way.

Pros

We have been using ProWorkflow for several years now and have had a great experience. It is easy for us to track where we are in a project for both time and budget wise. It's a great central location for everyone to keep notes and contact information.

Cons

We wish it was easier to track some of the pre-project start up information. Or a way to track marketing calls to potential and old clients.

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Project Management for Video production

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

ProWorkflow enables us to track our projects from where ever we are in the world. Enabling us to appear super organised to our clients - letting them trust that their projects are in safe hands.

Pros

ProWorkFlow allows our diverse video production projects to retain a calm organised structure and enable our small team to deliver complex productions on time and on budget. Starting with the quotation module it allows us to develop a production from initial contact through to delivered films.

Cons

The software can't read minds - it can only keep record on the information we give it. The more we give it the more it gives back.

Selena P.

ProWorkflow Review

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

I'm not solving any real problems, this works just as good as my previous project management software. Honestly, I'd prob stop using it all together if it wasn't for all my projects being archived here for the last 3 years & it's a pain (speaking from experience) to transfer to something that works better for my needs.

Pros

The ease of entering projects and assigning to employees.

Cons

Inability to easily search for old project – the name or job number has to be exact, otherwise you're just scrolling through hundreds of files. I also don't like the ability to duplicate jobs if there's a duplicate order.

Chris P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Good value for feature-rich PM Software

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

PWF has been an incredibly valuable tool in our company. We are more coordinated and communicate better than ever before thanks to PWF.

Pros

Template implementation makes new projects easy to kick off. The software is versatile enough to work for our sales, engineering and production departments.

Cons

A native app would be preferred, their mobile tool isn't as powerful and user-friendly as the web portal.

Robert G.
  • Industry: Research

A solid platform for the money

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

The experience has been fine but not great. I can't say it has done a lot to make our processes better outside of having job numbers that people can track to. That said, it hasn't been bad enough to change platforms and the team really relies on it.

Pros

We evaluated a lot of platforms and ultimately selected ProWorkFlow. We have been with the platform for over five years so it has worked solidly enough to continue on with it. It's functionality covers the basics and yet has some customization built into it. The best feature is the search function for finding archived projects.

The support team is excellent.

Cons

ProWorkFlow has been really slow to roll out new features. In many ways it feels like the platform was left behind by other more progressive platforms. The two biggest cons of the platform is that it is difficult for people to enter time sheets - ProWorkFlow has tried to provide lots of options for doing so but in the end it is overwhelming for employees to find a specific project and a specific task and then log their time. The second issue is that once you build schedules you can't export them in a client ready/friendly version with certain tasks hidden and all of it formatted nicely. We find ourselves rebuilding schedules in Excel for every project.

Louise D.
  • Industry: Executive Office

ProWorkFlow Review

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

I have tried out many different project management software and I have to say that ProWorkFlow is the best one that fits what we needed. It's so easy to see what tasks we have coming up, what we are overdue on and how many hours have been worked vs how many hours are allocated to a project.

Pros

One of the features that really drew me to ProWorkFlow is the ability to send messages to users and have the message attached to a task or project. The inbuilt timer is one of the best I have used. As a virtual assistant company, tracking time and conversations is really important.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like about ProWorkFlow is you don't have the ability to set custom available hours to staff. This makes it tricky to ensure we are not overloading our team.

Elliott S.

Amazing Project Management Tool for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Very happy with the produce and will continue to add team members as we grow.

Pros

Ease use use, layout, functionality for time tracking and project management (tasks/project deadlines). Great support always available to assist with produce features, suggestions, and new features.

Cons

Reporting section customizing reports is difficult without assistance from proworkflow.

Charity S.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Proworkflow saves time!

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Support is really great I once had a rep stay on the phone with me for over an hour trying to find a solution for us with an integrating software... not even their issue.

Pros

Everything seemlessly flow thru your work flow process eliminating double enrty work.

Cons

I wish it had a way for clients to sign off on quotes digitally. It would great if it had invoice templates as well, mirroring how the project and quote templates work.

Jonathan B.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

ProWorkFlow is Powerful But Not Complicated

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

Our office runs over 100 projects at a time and it is wonderful to keep track of each project and the time invested in each one. I recommend this software for high volume firms that needs to know where they stand daily.

Pros

Simplicity of the software. It has a ton of features with a small learning curve.

Cons

Email functionality to the client can be a little cumbersome. Wish there were a few more features in this area.

Alberic B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

An easy tool to support Project Management and communication

Reviewed on 14/07/2016

PWF has helped us in supporting the Projects we have conduction with our customers. communication has been easier, and the project follow up is easy. tasks are easy to manage but drawback is they are too simple some times to get a good view on some activities.

Pros

Projects info container is good enough for a closed project
managing projects in PWF is not extra work but embedded in the workflow so reporting is accurate
resource management gives some indications about the availability of staff
easy to use, on boarding users is simple.
videos / support are very efficient

Cons

Tasks are too simple and need to be adapted to incorporate more options

Response from ProActive Software

Thanks heaps for the review!

We love ProWorkflow

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

We really needed a client database, a place where we could keep notes on clients, and also wanted some task capabilities. ProWorkflow is the best software we found for what we were looking for (and believe me, I tried them ALL!).

Pros

Our entire staff love how easy it is to use ProWorkflow. Contacts for clients are all in once place and are easy to find, we LOVE the notes feature, and tasks keep us up to date on what we need to be doing.

Cons

We wish there was a way to track time for a client without having it associated with a project.

Amy W.

I love PWF

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

We love the messaging tool (which also goes to an email) because it's so much easier to track messages related to a task and client than trying to organize, file and prioritize emails. We use the Recurring jobs app as well. I love having all of our tasks centralized in one place - I can see who is assigned to what and get an idea of their workload and I can see the status of each project. We run an accounting firm with over 1,000 tasks per month with it. The support is outstanding, very responsive and helpful all of the time.

Pros

PWF is visually appealing and easy to use.

Cons

This software does everything that I ask of it, easily. I have a couple of feature requests but they would be bonuses, the workflow does what it's supposed to do!

Mylka V.

Pretty good experience overall, can use some improvements.

Reviewed on 27/10/2017

Pros

It generates project numbers, it's pretty user friendly.
We like how we are able to track projects efficiently.

Cons

It would be nice if the timeline could be exported into an excel spreadsheet as a gant chart.
It would also help if we could have artwork proofed in the system so multiple users can proof the artwork without having to have a login.

We also would find it beneficial if we could enter individual item numbers and attach them to their respective UPC/barcode numbers

We want the option to not have to include time, since this isn't a feature we use. We should be able to disable it and have it not display at all.

When I am on the projects page/dashboard, I should be able to hide/minimize customer projects that I don't want to see. You are able to do this, but when you leave the page and return, the list is once again extended. It would help if we could save our own view of the dashboard to show only what we want displayed.

Response from ProActive Software

Thanks for the review and feedback Mylka!

Anthony B.

Opens a powerful new world

Reviewed on 26/01/2016

I've been looking around for all-encompassing project management systems for over 2 months now. Invariably things are missing, part-baked or an additional cost. ProWorkflow was the exception to the rule as it has it all beautifully interlinked and comprehensively covered.

Time tracking, desktop widget, phone image uploads, contact management, project (and task) templates just for starters - amazing. Well done!

Pros

Where to start?! Let me first say that the customer service has been beyond anything I'm used to experiencing. The fact that, within an hour of my contacting support, they had tracked down and installed my logo AND branded my account without me even asking - made a huge positive impression.

The amount of online videos which guide you through how things work is great, along with the interface itself being very intuitive.

I love the fact that the mobile apps are free and really support constant usage of the website and help to get the maximum from it.

The ability to add as many contractors and/ or clients a you like or need removes the restrictions imposed by many other Project Management systems and allows you to concentrate on delivering projects.

Cons

It can be a bit onerous to setup, simply because there is so much of the behemoth to configure to your business - but I believe this to be a one-time investment of time which will continue to reap rewards long into the future.

Chic T.

Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

Pros

What I like best about the software would be that the tool is easy to use and it also meets all my needs!

Cons

A con about ProWorkflow would be that not all the functions are on ProWorkflow. Additional apps they have require additional screens.

Response from ProActive Software

Thanks heaps Chic!

Arthur S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

ProWOrkFLow

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Customer Services is superb.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to organize, Invoicing Options, Time Tracker

Cons

no drag and drop options. Dashboard can use an improvement. More Integration options and better integration options. No HIPAA compliance.

Team collaboration & Business Insight

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

Pros

Easy to use and gives data into how profitable your projects really are.

Cons

Can't duplicate recurring agency projects so have to set up each time.