FreshBooks Reviews

Allison
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Invoicing Tool for Time Tracking

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

Freshbooks does manage the following VERY well: Time tracking against projects and clients; invoice creation based on tracked time; and one-off invoices or flat rate pricing. I also like the clean and easy to navigate interface.Generating and reading historical reports is quick and easy to determine things like, how quickly specific clients are paying (and who is historically slower at paying), income by client and income by project/work type.The phone app is functional for my needs, although it's a little clunky and not nearly as full featured as the desktop software. It's not bad, but not great. I have successfully tracked time on the app, then issued an invoice from my phone to my client's email inbox.Overall, Freshbook fulfills my needs as a consultant.

Pros

I really like Freshbooks for it's easy invoicing and time tracking. I was able to integrate it with Teamwork project management software so that more complex jobs that require detailed time tracking against tasks and milestones could be tracked there and then my time could be exported to Freshbooks. Freshbooks also integrated with my Paypal gateway, allowing me to accept major credit cards.

Cons

Freshbooks collaboration with other contractors doesn't work very well. In addition, the per-client pricing has gotten pricey for those of us who have many one-off clients.The retainer payments feature was not easy to use.

Harvest and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

Invoicing flexibility, integration with Teamwork PM software and integration with Paypal.
Shayla
Shayla
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Freshbooks Track and manage expenses well

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

FreshBooks is exceptional in its simplicity of use, making it a great choice for any business's accounting needs. In the beginning, it helped us save time by allowing us to automate a few procedures. Create polished invoices that will impress your customers in no time at all.

Pros

Through FreshBooks' Project and tracking function, monitoring project costs is a breeze. Using the Project feature makes billing a breeze. There is a clean design to the user interface that makes navigating swiftly and easily possible. It's possible to modify the categories of business expenses to meet specific requirements. Getting a copy to my accountants was a breeze.

Cons

As such, its capability in relation to ledgers falls short of what one may expect from a product designed for major corporations. The prior version of FreshBooks was more dependable than the current one, therefore the most recent update was a major setback for the program's reputation. The cost varies widely depending on the version you choose.

Hanane

Remote business management

Reviewed on 06/01/2024

The application is more than wonderful .It's one of the best experiences I've ever had and it's still

Pros

An inexorable application in accounting and finance .And that he targeted small businesses more than anything
It enables us to create our invoices with ease and does not require much effort

Cons

I've liked it a lot and I don't see any downsides.'

No Two-Factor Authentication - Very bad overall security

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Freshbooks has been in business for years but does not have a basic Two-Factor Authentication feature to prevent hackers from gaining unauthorized access to customers' accounts. Not having this feature borders on negligence. This is a basic standard feature that other cloud accounting software XERO and Quickbooks have had for years.

Not having two-factor authentication is alarmingly bad because tens of thousands of Freshbooks customers are trusting Freshbooks with a ton sensitive company data about their finances, customers, bank information, credit card processor information, and prospects etc into Freshbooks. If hackers get a password, they can easily access this valuable information because there is no two-factor authentication to stop them from getting in.

Does Freshbooks take customer security seriously? Apparently not. I emailed them about this dangerous lack of basic security features and as of December 2019 Freshbooks says there is no plan to add two factor authentication in the future.

Their answer as the same as it was when I wrote them in 2018 about this problem. Their answer was that they would pass this suggestion along to their programmers so they can give it future consideration.

Pros

Ease of use and straightforward, simple interface. Easy invoicing.

Cons

Freshbooks lacks all of these industry standard security features:

No Two-Factor Authentication at login.

No IP address blocking to prevent certain IP addresses from logging in my account.

No log/audit showing when I last logged in and out of the account.

No forced internet timeout/log out when the account has been left untouched for a while.
This is standard on other online accounting software and is used by most banks as a security feature.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

I certainly understand where you're coming from regarding features like two-factor authentication. While my colleague that you spoke with recently is correct that this isn't a feature we currently offer, I have flagged your feedback for our Product Team to review directly. This is a team we have a FreshBooks who reviews and gathers customer feedback for issues and concerns like what you've raised.

If there's any other feedback you wish to provide, please don't hesitate to reach our to our Support Team at 1-866-303-6061 Monday through Friday, 8am-8pm EST or [email protected]. ^DM

jawad
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Freshbooks will start you off 80% off

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

Very good.. servers are connected properly no problems there

Very good.. servers are connected properly no problems there

Pros

I liked that they have a free trial and on top of that they starting you off with the first four months at 80% off

Cons

I mean it's your standard accounting software but I have OCD and wish it was flashier. It's user friendly but dull

Maria

Very helpful tool

Reviewed on 13/01/2024

Pros

How helpful it is for small businesses.
Sometimes it is important for some matters to be done automatically especially when you are new in entrepreneurship.

Cons

I will say the ones I haven’t used, since I have no experience with them.

Anna
  • Industry: Entertainment

FreshBooks is Great if you need to keep track of your time and your money.

Reviewed on 17/12/2023

Pros

My favorite part of FreshBooks is the Time Tracking timer. It is so easy to use and allows me to just work, without having to keep track of start and stop times, and calculating work hours.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to navigate when you begin. The time tracker is hidden under a block with an arrow...it does not say anything like "being tracking" or something helpful. But once you find it, it's not a big deal.

Steven
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Freshbooks reviews by Steve-O

Reviewed on 15/12/2023

Pros

I love how easy it is to manage track make invoices and on my business needs I love it I don't think I would ask to change anything on this fresh book

Cons

There anything wasn't much that I didn't like about the app overall I'd give it a five out of five 10 out of 10 100 LOL thank you for creating this app

One of the best app to arrange company business

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Advise to use this app as it provide your plan in following and monitoring your bussiness

Pros

Easy to use and facilitates making a schedules for following clients in previously determined plan

Cons

Little high price of premium in comparisone with the same style of other app

Julietta
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

One of the Successful platforms for reading and analyzing different topics.

Reviewed on 20/01/2024

Pros

Availability and easier to find and read the necessary books.

Cons

There are spheres that are not included.

Ryan

Barely passed high school math - and I'm now the bookkeeper

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

I love Freshbooks. We used Quickbooks up until I made the decision in January to say I was done stuggling with their program. We had tried the desk top and online versions and they both are so overwhelming with useless features that just get in the way of the simple bookkeeping and accounting needs that our particular business have.

I have been asked by other women in business, if I can help them with accounting as they start their business, and my first suggestion is that they immediately drop QB and move over to Freshbooks.

From our reports to filing quarterlies, reconciling and estimating - every thing about Freshbooks is better.

I have told my husband I would literally become a volunteer spokesperson for Freshbooks due to how much more enjoyable they have made running the backside of our business.

My ONLY regret is not doing this years ago. That's it. This product is life changing!

Pros

Pretty much everything.

The dashboard, estimating, reports, client organization, etc etc. This product is outstanding.

Cons

The type A personality in me would love to be able to close out the books monthly, but I'll take the trade off if it means my books stay balanced - which they always do in Freshbooks.

I also wish the mobile app was more of an interactive user app, vs being more of a quick snapshot of our business.

Fran

So much better than Quickbooks

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

I started with Freshbooks back in 2011, a colleague recommended I switch to Quickbooks, which I did. It only lasted a year before I went back to Freshbooks. Even though it was a pain to switch, it was worth it because when I have a problem with Freshbooks, I just send an email to [email protected] and they answer me the same day, usually. With Quickbooks, it was too hard to get support. It's not a double entry bookkeeping program, so if you need that, it's not for you. But for basic invoicing (including automatic recurring on any timeframe), time tracking, expense tracking, and reporting, it's perfect.

Pros

Easy to use, interface. Excellent customer support.

Cons

There is a chrome extension for tracking time, in addition to within the app. The chrome extension was recently updated and is now not working properly. When you type the project name in it doesn't auto search, you have to scroll them all of them (and I have a lot) to select it now. They will fix it, i'm sure.
Sometimes have trouble with expense syncing, and would like more features to make that faster and easier to categorize.

Harvest

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

Support was lacking, and too difficult to use.

Alicia

Fine if you are the only one in your business

Reviewed on 10/09/2022

It was rated well, so I expected better performance. Reconciling the small transactions I get from health insurance companies is very time consuming and it seems like there should be a better way to add those payments without having to manually enter each one when I have to reconcile.
Invoices default to "accrual" accounting which is a pain if you use cash-based accounting (which I do).
Overall, I have not been able to have accurate business numbers (profit/loss) for months because trying to figure out how to add payroll info has been so challenging.

Pros

I loved that I could upload clients I frequently invoice when I transitioned. Setting up my bank links was very simple and transactions were downloaded easily. You can set up rules for accounts and they will follow those. Invoices look good and are easy to create.

Cons

The software does not support accounting if you have employees and are paying any benefits. Trying to separate out the cost of what my employees contribute to health insurance, retirement, etc. vs what I contribute has been a nightmare. My bookkeeper and I both spent a lot of time with Freshbooks support trying to figure out how to do that. Turns out it is with a journal entry which is time consuming and makes no sense.

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

I switched to Freshbooks from Xero because Xero would not sync with my bank. This was very easy with Freshbooks. The link consistently works, even though my bank is a smaller one just in my region.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

Reviews on Capterra were good at the time for Freshbooks. It was described as easy to use.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Alicia, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

I have ensured that your feedback about your accounting experience in FreshBooks has been passed along to our Product Team on your behalf.

If there is any other feedback you wish to share, or queries our team can assist with, the contact information for our Support Team can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Amy
Amy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

FRESH ISNT ALWAYS QUICK ( or efficient)

Reviewed on 13/03/2023

Fresh books was recommended by a friend that utilizes it for her drop shipping business. She recommended it due to pricing, great for a small set up however, if u have one or more employees or accounts payable or receivables then don't bother it was a disappointment

Pros

What I liked most was pricing and ease of initial set up

Cons

What was least favored with this software was the amount of double to triple entry of data and ledgering had to be checked and rechecked due to inaccurate totaling and the taxes aren't even close to kept accurate here.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Amy, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

I have shared your feedback with our Product Team on your behalf. You can check out any changes and updates made in FreshBooks here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/11925619511053-Changes-Updates-in-2023. If there's any other feedback you wish to share or if you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Heather
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Easy no nonsense accounting platform

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

I had been using a widely regarded accounting competitor whose system was way more than I needed. FreshBooks allowed me to consolidate several platforms into one - saving me money and time.

Pros

FreshBooks allows me to create estimates & send proposals, track my time, invoice clients and reconcile my expenses for financial reporting all in one easy to use place. I was using 3 different platforms before to do all of this.

Cons

It would be nice to have slightly more robust accounting functionality but for the most part it does everything I need it to do. I’d like to be able to track time by quantity rather than just duration.

HoneyBook, 17hats and Bonsai.io

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

I wanted something easier to use where I could also create estimates & proposals and track my time.

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

FB seemed the least complicated. I didn’t need my accounting product to be my virtual assistant, I needed it to make bookkeeping easy for me so I could run my business.
Russell

Extraordinary item combined to the friendliest help in financial software

Reviewed on 11/05/2019

The most significant thing with this product is efficient. I adore everything about FreshBooks. It is a great application for specialists and little organizations. I have been utilizing it for as long as couple of years and rate it the best programming in the market. At whatever point I had issues, the help group helped me to determine them rapidly with successful arrangements.

Pros

Probably the main motivations we picked FreshBooks over other programming: *Incredibly smooth and simple to utilize interface *Ability to mark your own in hues just as include your logo *Each client can be doled out their own charging gateway login and you can have various customers under one organization however each have diverse username *Utilizes Braintree instalments (our essential vendor processor)
FreshBooks is quick and dependable suite for accounting.FreshBooks is an honour winning money and bookkeeping programming and a standout amongst the best cloud answers for entrepreneurs. It is the present holder of Finances Online's Best Accounting Software Award for 2016 just as the Supreme Software Award for 2016, and has the most noteworthy consumer loyalty rates of all comparative applications in this classification. As you will discover in this survey, there is a not insignificant rundown of reasons why our specialists considered FreshBooks for these esteemed affirmations.

Cons

*Reporting could be improved *Needs better compromise as far as parities. You can do day by day monetary records, yet I would prefer to have it ascertain how my business is getting along dependent on capital in our present record, at that point factor in what we earned and our costs. *Not useful for organizations that have stock, need stock administration (this I wouldn't really rate as a con nonetheless, on the grounds that Freshbooks was constructed and intended for SERVICE style organizations - for that it works incredible) *Reporting can't be opened in the portable application, you have to get to it through the program *To my insight, you can't maintain different organizations out of one record. We as of now have two organizations and are choosing on the off chance that we are going to open up a different Freshbooks account or if there is another choice that is more qualified for the second business.

Brad
  • Industry: Events Services

Accounting for dummies

Reviewed on 19/06/2020

Overall I cant fault the product and would definitely recommend it to any business owner. The only thing I wish was possible, is to pay in my local currency for budgeting purposes.

Pros

I started using Freshbooks when I was given the opportunity to start a company in the wedding industry. At the time I had no idea what I was doing when it came to bookkeeping but FreshBooks made it easy to manage. What I loved about the software was the journey I followed, from Quotation to final invoice. The ability to send the quote/invoice with a simple click streamlined my business process. I eventually had to hand over when I couldn't handle the load, and because of the intuitive software, it was an simple handover. When I needed a report, i didn't have to wait for it to come from my bookkeeper, I just jumped online and got what I needed quickly and easily. Oh the cherry on the cake was the app. I used to showcase at trade-shows so the app allowed me to draw up an invoice and email the client without leaving the booth, or needing my laptop.

Cons

The price point was a bit of a hard pill to swallow, especially in an economy where the $ is much stronger than my local currency. The fluxuating market made budgeting a nightmare, and when getting a start up off the ground, every cent counts. While I could work around that, the one thing I disliked was the fact that one could go back and edit invoices/quotes post creation. I have since learnt that this is a big no no, but at the time I was non the wiser. I unfortunately lost money due to this, as many cash sales invoices were edited, and the balance pocketed.

Gaurav
Gaurav

FreshBooks is a reliable and fast accounting suite for complex financial management

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

A complete makeover

A complete makeover

FreshBooks developers understand the struggle of small teams to handle complex accounting projects and deliver efficient results.

Just as easy as you know it to be

Back in the days, a team of developers decided to design an easy, intuitive, and non-accountant friendly finance management app, and promised their users that this approach will never change.

Mobile-friendly and accessible

FreshBooks is considerably good at following trends, and the best proof of it are the mobile platform add-ons for iOS and Android devices, allowing you to access data and do accounting regardless of your location.

Saves billing time like no other app

FreshBooks redesigned its time tracking for billing purposes by allowing companies to accept payment online, and to do so via various payment gateways.

Excellent invoice to payment features

FreshBooks offers top rate invoice to payment features that can be used by all small businesses. For instance, you can track exactly when your customer opened your invoice email.

Tracking expenses with handy snaps

This feature comes handy if you need to liquidate expenses after a client meeting: you simply click a picture of the receipt and attach the snap to an item in FreshBooks to log the expense.

racking working times even better than before

The new version of the app allows you to becertain of the accuracy of your charges, and lets you have proof if a client decides to dispute them. You can even use the iOS and Android apps to track your working time in the field. Plus, it is easy to convert your work timesheet into an invoice and send it to clients for payments.

A bright future

As good as the new FreshBooks version may look now, it has only begun to develop. The company promises many advanced features in the near future, including bank accounts reconciliation, non-invoice income recording, and billing adjusted to enterprise-grade users. The innovative spirit is planned to spread on to reporting as well, and transform the scope of available integrations to help companies get paid for their efforts, time, and expertise. At the same time, FreshBooks Classic (as the old version is currently known) will remain active, but will constantly be absorbed within the new one's comprehensive productive suite.

Pros

businesses get to manage invoices and recurring subscriptions in less than no time, and collect online payments within the same system. In fact, FreshBooks enables Google Checkout, PayPal, and credit card payments, and integrates with a long list of business systems and applications that can streamline this process. With it, odds are good that you will unite financial control in a single system, and stop paying for the maintenance of complex software infrastructure.

A considerable advantage of FreshBooks compared to other accounting apps is the availability of fully-functional mobile apps and add-ons you can get for Android and iOS devices. The apps allow you to bring the power and convenience of the software on location, and do accounting and access records whenever you wish to do so. As you can see, FreshBooks literally takes finances out of the office, but does so in a safe and seamless fashion.

Cons

Despite a wide range of excellent features users have pointed out a few minor things that can be improved in FreshBooks: its metrics, goal setting, and reporting features can be better. One user also found bugs in FreshBooks email click-throughs and automated expenses which did not function to his liking. Apart from these insignificant glitches, hoever, there is no doubt that FreshBooks is a top notch accounting product that can bring a lot to your accounting deparatament.

Idris
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

My Honest Reviews About Freshbook

Reviewed on 14/02/2023

Pros

the most notable or noteworthy aspects of Freshbooks, there are several that are worth mentioning:Invoicing: Freshbooks offers a robust invoicing system that makes it easy to create and send professional-looking invoices to your clients. You can customize your invoices with your branding, accept online payments, and set up automatic payment reminders.Time tracking: Freshbooks includes a built-in time tracking system that allows you to track time spent on projects or tasks. You can also set up project budgets and track your team's hours to ensure you're staying within budget.Expense tracking: Freshbooks makes it easy to track expenses by allowing you to upload receipts, import expenses from your bank or credit card, and categorize expenses by project or client. You can also set up recurring expenses and mark expenses as billable to clients.Reporting: Freshbooks offers a variety of customizable reports that provide insights into your business's financial health. You can track revenue, expenses, and profit margins, as well as monitor cash flow, outstanding balances, and other key financial metrics.Mobile app: Freshbooks offers a mobile app that allows you to manage your business on the go. You can create and send invoices, track time and expenses, and view your financial reports from your smartphone or tablet.Overall, Freshbooks is a comprehensive cloud accounting solution that provides a wide range of features designed to help small business

Cons

While Freshbooks is a robust cloud accounting solution that offers a wide range of features, there are a few potential drawbacks to consider:Limited inventory management: Freshbooks does not offer a built-in inventory management system, which may be a drawback for businesses that sell physical products.Limited customization: While Freshbooks offers a good amount of customization options for invoices and reports, some users may find that the level of customization is limited compared to other accounting software options.Limited integrations: Freshbooks does offer a number of integrations with third-party apps and services, but the selection is not as extensive as some other accounting software options.Limited international support: Freshbooks is primarily designed for businesses based in the United States, Canada, and the UK, so businesses based in other countries may not find the same level of support and functionality.Pricing: Freshbooks can be relatively expensive compared to other accounting software options, especially for businesses that need to add additional users or access more advanced features.Overall, while Freshbooks is a solid cloud accounting solution, it may not be the best fit for all businesses, especially those with more complex needs or those based outside the US, Canada, or the UK.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

"Freshbooks: The Ultimate Accounting Solution for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 22/03/2023

based on the analysis of customer feedback, Freshbooks is generally well-regarded for its user-friendly interface, time-saving features, and excellent customer support. Some users have reported limitations with reporting and integration options, and others have found the price to be higher compared to other accounting software. Overall, Freshbooks appears to be a solid choice for small businesses looking for an easy-to-use accounting solution.

Pros

User-friendly interface: Freshbooks offers a simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy to navigate and use, even for those with limited accounting experience.Time-saving features: Freshbooks offers several time-saving features such as automatic invoicing, expense tracking, and integration with popular payment gateways that can help streamline your accounting tasks.Customizable invoices: Freshbooks allows users to create fully customizable and professional-looking invoices that can be branded with your company logo and colors.Mobile accessibility: Freshbooks can be accessed from any device with an internet connection, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.Customer support: Freshbooks offers excellent customer support, with a dedicated team available to answer any questions or resolve issues promptly.User-friendly interface: Freshbooks offers a simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy to navigate and use, even for those with limited accounting experience.Time-saving features: Freshbooks offers several time-saving features such as automatic invoicing, expense tracking, and integration with popular payment gateways that can help streamline your accounting tasks.Customizable invoices: Freshbooks allows users to create fully customizable and professional-looking invoices that can be branded with your company logo and colors.Mobile accessibility: Freshbooks can be accessed from any device with an internet connection, making it easy to

Cons

Limited reporting: Some users have reported that Freshbooks' reporting functionality is limited compared to other accounting software, making it difficult to generate detailed financial reports.Price: Freshbooks can be more expensive compared to other accounting software on the market, particularly for businesses with larger accounting needs.Integration limitations: Some users have reported that Freshbooks' integration options are limited, particularly when it comes to syncing with other accounting software or e-commerce platforms.No inventory management: Freshbooks doesn't offer inventory management features, which may be a disadvantage for businesses that need to track inventory.Lack of customization: Some users have reported that Freshbooks' templates and design options are limited, which may make it difficult to fully customize invoices and other financial documents to match their branding.

Rajitha Priyankara
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Why Freshbooks for your business

Reviewed on 21/04/2023

A cloud-based accounting program called FreshBooks is made to assist small businesses in managing their financial activities. A variety of services are available, including financial reporting, project management, time tracking, cost monitoring, and invoicing.Businesses can simply create and send invoices that look professional, receive online payments, keep track of costs, and produce financial reports using FreshBooks. It also offers tools for managing tasks and projects, enabling teams to work together on projects and keep track of how much time they spend on certain tasks.FreshBooks is a well-liked option among small business owners and freelancers who require a hassle-free method of managing their money because of its user-friendly layout and straightforward setup. It provides customer assistance via phone, email, and live chat and offers a number of pricing plans to fit various corporate demands and budgets.

Pros

FreshBooks is renowned for its user-friendly layout and straightforward setup. With FreshBooks, even if you have little to no expertise with accounting software, you can get going right away.FreshBooks has a number of time-saving features that can speed up payment and reduce manual data entry, like automatic invoicing and online payment acceptance.FreshBooks offers a variety of financial reports, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and tax summaries, that can give you information about the financial status of your company and assist you in making informed choices.FreshBooks comes with project management tools that let you work with your team, monitor the status of your projects, and charge clients for the time you spend working on them.Utilizing the FreshBooks mobile app, you can issue invoices, keep track of costs, and manage your money while on the road.Integration with other products: You can easily automate processes and optimize your workflow with FreshBooks thanks to its integrations with other widely used business platforms like PayPal, Stripe, and G Suite.

Cons

FreshBooks features a straightforward user interface, which could be problematic for companies with sophisticated accounting requirements. The program includes few choices for customization, which could not be sufficient for companies who need more adaptability.Pricing: For companies with larger teams, FreshBooks pricing can be quite pricey. Project management is one of the more sophisticated capabilities that is only offered with higher-tier plans.Limited inventory management: FreshBooks does not include extensive inventory management options, which could be a drawback for companies that need more thorough inventory tracking.FreshBooks has fewer integrations than other accounting software solutions, while integrating with well-known tools like PayPal and G Suite.Because FreshBooks is a cloud-based software program, accessing it necessitates having an internet connection. Businesses that operate in places with spotty internet connectivity may find this to be a drawback.

Noel
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A fresh Look at Fresh Books

Reviewed on 03/05/2023

Overall, in my estimation, I have had a positive experience with FreshBooks. The software is has a user-friendly interface, which makes it easy for small business owners to manage their accounting tasks without needing extensive accounting knowledge. Users also appreciate the software's invoicing and time tracking features, which help them streamline their billing and accounting processes.

Pros

FreshBooks is a cloud-based accounting software that provides small business owners with tools to manage invoicing, expenses, time tracking, and other financial tasks. Here are some of the pros of using FreshBooks:1. User-friendly interface: FreshBooks has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, even for users with no accounting background. The software provides a clean and intuitive dashboard that makes it easy to find the features and tools that you need.2. Invoicing features: FreshBooks provides robust invoicing features that allow users to create professional-looking invoices, set up recurring invoices, and automate payment reminders. Users can also accept online payments through the software, which makes it easier for customers to pay their bills.3. Time tracking: FreshBooks provides built-in time tracking features that allow users to track their billable hours and generate accurate invoices. This feature is especially useful for freelancers and service-based businesses.

Cons

1. Limited features: Some users have reported that FreshBooks lacks some of the advanced accounting features found in more comprehensive accounting software, such as inventory management or robust financial reporting.2. Limited integrations: While FreshBooks integrates with many popular third-party apps and services, some users have reported that the software has limited integration options, particularly when compared to more robust accounting software.3. Limited customization options: Some users have reported that FreshBooks has limited customization options, particularly when it comes to creating custom reports or modifying invoice templates.4. Pricing: Some users have reported that FreshBooks can be relatively expensive compared to other accounting software options, particularly for businesses that require multiple user accounts.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Noel, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

To ensure the utmost clarity in the feedback provided to our team on your behalf (regarding integrations, customization, and pricing) please reach out to us via https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. Our Support Team can ensure any and all feedback is passed along to our Product Team on your behalf! ^DM

Randall
Randall
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

FreshBooks provides small businesses with some of the best invoicing and billing features...

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Billing and invoicing were made much easier using this software.

Billing and invoicing were made much easier using this software.

Pros

FreshBooks gives small businesses a well-designed and intuitive user interface that can easily be used for a variety of different functions, most notably billing, and invoicing. Users are given a wide array of attractive template designs to choose from when creating invoices, allowing for catchy, yet professional looking documents.

FreshBooks also provides users with tools for team collaboration, estimates, and projects, all of which can be easily navigated and set up to increase your small businesses' ability to maximize communication, send automatic reminders, submit proposals, and secure jobs with relative ease.

As an accounting package, FreshBooks also provides users with the ability to perform some fundamental bookkeeping and accounting functions, has some bank reconciliation functions, enables you to accept online credit card payments, and provides many of these features via their full-featured mobile application.

Last but not least, FreshBooks provides excellent customer service from the start. A detailed and easily followed tutorial will help new users get started, while their well-trained staff is always ready to provide users with answers to any questions or issues they may encounter. FreshBooks is very proud of their customer service and their customer satisfaction rating, and it really shows when you speak with one of their representatives.

Cons

One limitation in FreshBooks as an accounting package is the fact that they utilize single-entry accounting. While this may not be an obvious flaw to a new small business owner, it will become apparent as more accounts are created, employees are hired, and payment options are implemented. Single-entry accounting is quick and simple, but it certainly leaves something to be desired.

Over the years some application updates have diminished or completely removed some useful features, like service and customer records, and inventory tracking, all of which were very convenient and helpful features.

Alexandra
Alexandra
  • Industry: Design

Freshbooks is the perfect solutions for service based businesses

Reviewed on 26/11/2015

We've used Freshbooks for quite sometime now in our business. When searching for billing software, I needed something smoothe, mobile and also that allowed for customer portals that could be branded to our company. This was a big deal for us, so we absolutely wanted to make sure it was a feature in whatever software it was and Freshbooks did just that.

Freshbooks is super easy to use and handles everything from the customer accounts, to the invoicing to recurring charges and credits. At the end of the year, all the clients get a statement of their services they have paid for, and they never have to contact us about anything. They can review their bills at any time, and also accept estimates that are put together. It also is fabulous for integrations, and we currently use Google Apps, Gusto HQ and a few others to make it that much more effective.

Pros

Some of the biggest reasons we chose Freshbooks over other software:

*Incredibly smooth and easy to use interface
*Ability to brand your own in colors as well as add your logo
*Each customer can be assigned their own billing portal login and you can have multiple clients under one company but each have different username
*Utilizes Braintree payments (our primary merchant processor)
*Integrates with Google Apps and Gusto HQ
*Flat rate for up to 5 users, we currently use the Might Oak Plan
*Team tracking and hour logging for projects (huge deal since we work with contractors and they also have a free contractor add on option)
*Mobile App is killer - I pop off invoices like it's nobody's business :)

Cons

*Reporting could be improved
*Needs better reconciliation in terms of balances. You can do daily balance sheets, but I would rather have it calculate how my business is doing based on capital in our current account, then factor in what we earned and our expenses.
*Not good for businesses that have inventory, need inventory management (this I wouldn't necessarily rate as a con however, because Freshbooks was built and designed for SERVICE style businesses - for that it works great)
*Reporting can't be opened in the mobile app, you need to access it via the browser
*To my knowledge, you can't run multiple businesses out of one account. We currently have two businesses and are deciding if we are going to open up a separate Freshbooks account or if there is another option that's better suited for the second business.

• Industry: Design

Terrible interface, bad data security practices and dishonest customer support

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

The last year has been horrible, absolutely horrible. This is a dishonest company in my opinion, but the biggest thing was last night after a week or more of begging to have access to my data after the subscription ended Zac, a support specialist decides at 7pm without me asking to access my data, download it to his computer and emailed all the documents to me over an insecure interface. I called and talked with customer service and was promised a call from management before the end of the day to discuss and that never happened. I told the woman I spoke with today that I didn't trust someone would call me back and she promised and of course, no one did. Then when I call back at EOD my phone number is blocked and all I get is an email saying essentially it was a mistake and we all make them and it's not their normal way of handling this, basically, an oops sorry. They clearly have no care for client data security and their security practices seem to be so cavalier from this experience they should never handle anyone's data. Their customer service didn't hesitate to flat out lie to me or management turned them into liars whichever it is. Please don't support this company.

Pros

The old interface and the previous CEO management. Customer for 10 years, leaving because it's horrible now and customer service is broken and data security issues.

Cons

Their old software was good, and then they forced everyone to a less-featured new version that lacked functionality and jacked the price significantly. They say they always listen and take feedback from customers but in practice, I never saw any action from the feedback, its like a black hole from my experience. Their new version lacks features and is very clunky compared to the old one. After a year of having issues with the new version, I chose not to renew. I called to tell them I wished to cancel and please delete my credit card data. They refused to delete my credit card data and suggested I may get charged again. In 2011 their policy was that you would always have access to your data through the website regardless of having a paid account. Now they don't do that and have lied about their past policies to me. In 2011 you could have a free account with only one client and would always have access to your data that was what the sales pitch was, they said you would always have access to it. They were the first game in cloud accounting, so this was important. In 2016 when I switched to a new account because of a change in structure I still had access to my old account despite not paying for it after it expired for 3+ years. Now they are so horrible and so anti-customer that the day your subscription runs out they turn it off and block you from it. They are so greedy for money they run customers away. There are much better software and customer service for accounting software