Mailchimp

4.5 (16,890)
Write a Review!
Email and advertising marketing automation platform

(16,890)
4.2/5

Evelyn
Evelyn
  • Used for 1+ year

Best option for mailing automatization

Reviewed on 08/11/2020

I started using Mailchimp a few years ago for my wedding photography business, we were two users and found it very easy to work both on the software, plan marketing campaigns, client following mail and newsletters, it let us know if the mails were open with a certain time and if not we were given the option to resend them. Now I'm also using mailchimp for my personal blog and it makes the process very easy as I have my subscribers list already there and I just add up while it grows.

Pros

Mailchimp is very easy to use and has a free option for freelance or people starting their business or community. I tried other mailing software but mailchimp is the one that gives more options on free and starter account. It offers segmentation options, automatization and what I love the most are the templates for any kind of mailing campaign. It helps a lot with newsletter to easily send them, track the reading and opening and growing the subscribers.

Cons

It is easy to use but not so intuitive in the beginning, it takes a little bit of time to understand the interface and how it works. The mobile app do not offer a lot of options, yet is a very nice mailing option.

Zoho Mail and Bitrix24

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp is much more friendly and easy tu use.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

It has free options for my personal projects, and I find it easy to use specially with the email templates.
Jami
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Good for minimal use

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

I needed a simple CRM and this fills the very bare minimum.

I needed a simple CRM and this fills the very bare minimum.

Pros

It is very easy to use for email marketing (natch) and contact management. We don't need very robust features in our CRM anymore, and this basically fits the bill. As an email platform it's great, especially if you don't want any customization or have special needs.

Cons

There are several places on the website that are very misleading about the feature set. In fact, there have been three different articles I've called support to implement, and none of them are available. Also, it's a subsidiary of Intuit, so you would think it would be a nice integration with Quickbooks Online. It really offers nothing in the way of a helpful integration, and it doesn't offer any way to collect payments or keep track of customers buying patterns.

Billie
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

Easy to use, great for beginners however for more advanced EDM use another platform

Pros

It is easy to use and pick up with limited experience

Cons

Quite basic Platform in comparison to other EDM sites

Vlad

Great email marketing tool! top 3 in this space

Reviewed on 15/01/2024

I will give it a 8.5 out of 10. Does the job quiet good.

I will give it a 8.5 out of 10. Does the job quiet good.

Pros

ease of use, options and prices are the top main things to like.

Cons

Little integration with social media platforms.

Chad
  • Industry: Entertainment

Mailchimp is an invaluable tool in our dance studio

Reviewed on 23/03/2024

Mailchimp is one of our favorite tools when running our business. We recommend it to anyone who wants to reach their audience creatively and effectively.

Pros

Mailchimp offers a user friendly interface making it simple to navigate and use efficiently. Our favorite features include: email template creation, duplicating campaigns to use over and over as we need them, scheduling campaigns in the future making easy to "set it and forget it" giving our employees the ability to complete other tasks. Tracking our emails and who and when they were read is also a very valuable tool.

Cons

There are some limitations within the free version of the software. However, there are plenty of features to take advantage of without spending any money.

Mike

Easily setup your email marketing campaigns

Reviewed on 23/03/2024

Good, really happy overall with the performance of our emails being delivered.

Good, really happy overall with the performance of our emails being delivered.

Pros

It's easy to set up your email marketing campaigns and fire an automation sequence of emails based on different triggers.

Cons

All contacts are counted as contacts, even those who are not active or unsubscribed, so you need to delete them yourself otherwise you're paying more.

MailerLite and Acumbamail

ActiveCampaign
Christopher
  • Industry: Media Production

Mailchimp is a must for both our business and personal lives

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Mailchimp is a must for both our business and personal lives. It's great to trck who has or hasn't opened the email and the end look is excellent across all devices. We just use the free version and we highly recommend it.

Pros

The end product is the best thing we like about Mailchimp. It's clean, simple and looks great when we send out to our clients.,

Cons

Mailchimp can get a little bit "clunky" when trying to customize the design elements of our campaign.

Stefania
  • Industry: Graphic Design

an easy way to do email marketing

Reviewed on 31/03/2024

Pros

Mailchimp is an exceptional application for sending mass emails, making email marketing effective and straightforward. Very intuitive even for beginners and complete with analytics to visualize the total email openings.

Cons

The free plan has some limitations on the number of contacts and emails you can send, and you may need to upgrade to a paid plan to access advanced features

Joy
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best email marketing tool

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Pros

Mail chimp is so easy to use, it has all the best tools to help you succeed in every way

Cons

I have no cons for using mail chimp, it’s easy to use and helped me easily send out adverts

Aaron
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The best email generation tool out there

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

We've used mailchimp to stay in monthly contact with our customer base. Sending monthly cocktails, events we've worked and staying in front of the customer on a regular basis. Templates are excellent, importing is flawless. Just a great overall experience.

Pros

Importing email contacts, ease of use, templates to choose from, scheduling features, customer service.

Cons

I have no negatives to state at this time.

Randi

Mailchimp is my go to for newsletter marketing especially for setting up a new business

Reviewed on 21/09/2019

Mailchimp overall is the easiest newsletter service. They connect with with websites such as Mailchimp and Shopify which are pillars in the industry. The plugins I have to use are simple to install. At times other newsletter services are more difficult to connect with a website. I start all my clients up with Mailchimp and they are all very pleased. Your interface is simple enough for a beginner to catch on to, but now with your growing features a real whiz can get in there and create a robust email marketing experience.

Pros

I've been using Mailchimp since I think Mailchimp was invented. Mailchimp is way easier to use than most of the other newsletters services out there. It's easy to import your lists, set multiple kinds of audience lists. I like that you're keeping up with the other services and added automations and tags. I find it very easy to build nice looking newsletters too. I always start any of my clients with Mailchimp first. You're the most user friendly interface. Pro-free to start under a certain number of subscribers too! You now have most if not all of the features a growing organization with a deep marketing strategy would need.

Cons

My biggest cons was that I found originally years ago you did not have all the features thatsome of the other competitors had. AWeber had better automative responses/ journeys/scheduling capabilities that your service years ago did not offer. So when I started with you I did have times when I did have to switch softwares for growing clients who had other needs. You now have those features so I find I can start with Mailchimp and stick with you now for the long haul.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp is always my go to. The main reason: I find you're the easiest interface, it's fast/easy for me to setup and to make nice looking emails.
Trevor

A must-have for the start-up email marketer or business just starting in email marketing

Reviewed on 01/01/2020

I went from doing 0 email marketing, to being very competent in email marketing with Mailchimp. From Day 1 until Year 2+, I keep discovering new tools and features within the platform that allow me to grow clients and their businesses. With the new features that mailchimp keeps adding in as well, I think they're going to stick around for a long while.

Pros

Mailchimp is incredibly easy to use, and can be taken from setup to launch in less than a day if you put in some effort. While there are platforms with more features than mailchimp, those are A) commonly much much more expensive, and B) harder to use unless you know exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

Cons

Two things:

1. Their removal of the plugin with Shopify was incredibly shortsighted. The vast majority of clients we used mailchimp for were on Shopify, and the connection between the two was one of those beautiful things that kept us coming back and recommending them again and again. Using them has become more difficult since that was removed.

2. If you are trying to go down the rabbithole and target super-specific customers, you may run out of segmentation ability on Mailchimp. At the time of writing this review, you could only combine 5 criteria to create a custom segment, and your segment could only be created as 'user matches all criteria' or 'user matches any of the criterion'. This makes it hard to get your segment just right. However, if you are really needing to make THAT custom of segments regularly (based on past conditional behavior, ESP, etc.) you probably have a bigger budget and can go get one of those fancier email sending platforms.

Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp was both cheaper, and more robust for what we needed. Additionally, the Constant Contact revenue tracking (through custom UTMs per campaign) was a mess.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

We still use Klaviyo a lot (and love it) but for the business that is just getting started in email marketing, Klaviyo's cost is too high and it comes with features that likely won't be needed in Year 1.
Eve
  • Used for 2+ years

Free for the first 250,000 subscribers no cost - must have a mailing address

Reviewed on 12/03/2020

Positive experience sending emails and letters but you need to have a mailing address a real physical address a po box doesnt count. I guess hoping people do not come to your house is a big deal. I was very scared about having a real location and I was scared random people would show up as they did before at offices to stalk. I guess at this current timene place it's safer to use your real address but many years ago it was not or may not have been. It is important to make sure all your ducks are in a row- your corporation is current for example, the po box or the mailing address is current for example mine wasn't and I saw peoplel at the post office that i would rather not see.

Pros

Mailchimp is pretty easy to use and has increased its features in the last few yeqrs. The first 150,000 to 250,000 subscribers are free and then you pay after so it gives you time to build your fan base. When I used old emails I got reports for using old emails and it got disbanded so I recommend using current email subscribers so there are no surprises - or make sure they know they are signing up for your newsletter inbox. For example we threw an event and I emailed all subscribers but they did not know we were the organizer it was for working women so most unsubscribed. In hindsight I should have had people subscribe or put on a disclaimer that we would market.

Cons

The fact it's so easy to be taken down if you get one negative report. I guess we got a few negative reports and quickly a lot of unsubscribers the first day we emailed a few hundred people from a tales of extraordinary women event. The problem I gu ess you encounter is how to try and get these customers or clients or readers to read your services that I am still working on ideas for how to get people to sign up.

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Emma created a beautiful design but charged money for each subscription so that is why we moved

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Cost that it was a free product even though the newslettter was not as striking.

It's ubiquitous because it's pretty good at sending emails

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

I like Mailchimp's corporate social responsibility, I've had a good experience the one time I called their customer service, and it's pretty bug-free for the most part. I don't think it is the future of communication, so I'll be curious to see how the product evolves, but we're sticking to it for now at my work.

Pros

I appreciate that Mailchimp has the functionality to build an email based on templates, or based on HTML. I find it easy to import email addresses as needed, I think there's a healthy emphasis on preventing spam, and I like the tagging and group features. I also like the demographics that it displays, the emphasis on A/B testing, and the predictions about the best time at which to send the email. I have very rarely made mistakes in my sends, and that I can attribute to the great testing features.

Cons

I wish it weren't so challenging to navigate between sections for multivariate emails and the old version of the website. I have run into issues setting up automated series such as for a welcome series of emails. I wish it were easier to export the data I myself put into Mailchimp without having administrator status. Finally, I dislike being warned about the possible cost of importing new data every time I do so, as that's not my responsibility to worry about in my role. Instead, I want to be celebrating our list growth!

Ben
  • Industry: Higher Education

A User-Friendly, Cost-Effective Choice

Reviewed on 01/09/2020

I'm extremely satisfied with MailChimp and I know our company has benefited from it. We're saving money every year while also exceeding the quality we were previously accustomed to.

Pros

When I started at my company, they were using a different email management platform. At the expiration of our contract, I shopped other options and was familiar with MailChimp from use at a previous company. It was, without a doubt, the standout choice. The price, user-friendly interface, and no contract made it leaps and bounds above other options.

Cons

With other email platforms, it usually involved signing a contract or creating some kind of time obligation. As such, I was accustomed to being assigned a day-to-day contact or point person for any of my concerns, questions, etc.
With MailChimp, actually speaking to someone without already having an account seemed next to impossible. I think having someone to speak to when setting up a new account would have been nice to make sure we were covering all the bases and starting off on the right foot. That said, they do have support forums that have tons of information, if you're up to reading for an extended period of time.

ActiveCampaign, Emma by Marigold and AWeber

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

MailChimp was cheaper, easier to use, and didn't require a contract.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

The interface and customization were some of the first things to stand out. Beyond that, it came down to best value and not requiring a contract.
Stephanie

A Great Solution to Email Marketing that's Getting Better

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

My experience has been great and consistently delivers for over 20 years now as I work in email marketing on a daily basis. I've brought many new customers to them over the years by recommending them to my own clients. I have that much confidence in the reliability and usability of Mailchimp.

Pros

I've been working in email marketing for over 20 years at this point. I discovered Mailchimp early on during that time and have been using it every since. I have clients that were using other systems before working with me. Most are cumbersome and offered little in the way of being able to design stunning emails that captured attention in the inbox. Plus, Mailchimp's deliverability rate has never been matched.

As times have changed, and so has email marketing, Mailchimp continues investing in their platform to make the work of email marketing more integrated into other platforms like social media, eCommerce and more systems.

They've added features that have helped make my job more of a one-system stop which has been a positive impact on my workflow. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Cons

As they are investing in the platform, there have been many usability and design changes that have come with these improvements. As a user, that can add frustrations. The dashboard and menus can literally be completely changed on you from one day to the next. It's annoying, but it's bearable. And I think they may be almost done with these complete redesigns in adding functionality to their system.

Constant Contact, ClickFunnels, Keap, Mad Mimi and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp's developers just had it right out of the gate with their product. And it has only improved over the last 20 years. I found these other products to be less intuitive, versatile and user friendly. A lot has changed over the years, but I keep coming back to Mailchimp time and again because it is just the best out of all the options available for email marketing.
Jessie

Versatile email marketing platform

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

Keeping my customers up-to-date with useful information.

Keeping my customers up-to-date with useful information.

Pros

The most important features for my business were the drip email functionality and the RSS-to-Email integration. What I like most about the RSS-to-Email functionality is that the email template functionality enables you to group different articles in one email. When you have a high-volume blog with many different articles it's important to group topics and send those out as a summary in one email. I find this feature is missing in many other email platforms. All-in-all the UI of the platform is done very well with a touch of humor here and there which is nice. The open API enables developers to integrate where the existing integration options are lacking - but overall the platform is well supported in many third-party platforms.

Cons

They've added features over the years to enable marketing automation (e.g. send an email to some who clicked/didn't click on an email or when someone visited your website) - at the time I was testing this functionality it didn't work very well. They've also added many other features which may drive value but I find they don't spend much effort in keeping existing customers up-to-date with the possibilities of these new features.

Justin
Justin

Best Email Marketing Software Available

Reviewed on 24/04/2022

The customer service is outstanding. I was having some trouble developing a campaign and reached out to customer support and got a reply within 10 hours. I was able to resolve my issue quickly. Mailchimp has really become my Go To tool for all things email marketing related and it has touched on other applications, such as developing a killer landing page which actually gets conversions. I also feel that the free version really does give you a lot to start with, but it is easy to outgrow that really fast.

Pros

Mailchimp makes running an email campaign easy and simple. Don't get me wrong, there are super deep functions like multivariate campaigns and killer landing pages that integrate with your .com. I cannot say enough good things about Mailchimp. I have found that this software is simply the best available option out there for the money. I have been able to grow my mailing list and find what works with my audience.

Cons

I don't like how the Pro features are left out of the basic starter package. I understand that is how they make their money, however, those extra tools could be quite useful to new start up businesses, like myself that simply do not have it in the advertising budget to go to the pro level. I also struggled with making my emails 100% compliant because nowadays everyone is blocking or reporting spam mail. It isn't Mailchimps fault for that, it just makes it hard to get past the red tape of email marketing in general. However, they make it as easy as possible.

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp combines so many of the features that I was using from other software and just blows it away. I was not able to find anything that came close to Mailchimps features on the other software I was using. I always felt like I was piecing together different elements. Mailchimp solves that problem for me and makes running my campaigns a breeze, which fuels my small business.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp had all the features I was looking for and more. I started with the free version and quickly rose to the Standard package. I have been constantly developing and honing in my email list for many years, using many different softwares. I finally landed with Mailchimp because it beats out all the rest of the software by far. Look no further for email marketing!
José Miguel
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

A renewed classic

Reviewed on 30/08/2022

If you are a small business owner, an email marketing solution is one of the first tools you need to use in your e-commerce section. If you look on Google, you will find Mailchimp and others fighting for first place on the search. I tried all of them when I started on this, and Mailchimp was the only one for me that delivered a great set of tools for free on their first tier. This pricing model allows small businesses like yours to start without having to invest more money to begin operating. Then, after your business grows, Mailchimp stays with you, and their subscription tiers are affordable. So, if you are starting on email marketing and you have a small business, give Mailchimp a try, you won't regret it.

Pros

Mailchimp was my first approximation to a customer relationship management tool and, after many years, still is my usual selection and advice to other small businesses. It is an easy-to-use platform with a great development team who cares about its clients. In recent years the tool has evolved and added new features, all great additions.

Cons

Right now, nothing about Mailchimp is bad for my small business.

Brevo, Klaviyo and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

The free tier is more than enough to start for small business. The great thing about Mailchimp is the easy process to scale up, so if your business grows, Mailchimp is a great choice too.
Amy
  • Used for 2+ years

Optimum Choice for Email Database Mailing/Management!

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

Pros

Mailchimp is absolutely ideal for corresponding with customers/clientele, especially, (and from my experience), for small businesses and non-profits. Not only is Mailchimp very affordable for businesses with limited budgets, it is a great way to manage and store the likely smaller customer lists those businesses have. In my personal experience, I have loved the way the "unsubscribe" feature works with Mailchimp. It notifies you as the user when and why someone requests to be unsubscribed from future correspondence, and ensures they are actually removed from your Mailchimp list. I have found that this is so much more foolproof than keeping up with your own list in a simple spreadsheet. Along those same lines, mailing out to a list on a spreadsheet and/or directly from an email account often results in the message being flagged as spam/junk for recipients. You also often have limits as to how many addresses you can send a message to at one time, creating additional time and work for the user. Mailchip does it all for you with one click of the button. Not only that, you can review analytics including how many people have opened the email, how many additional clicks links within the email have gotten, how many emails were undeliverable, and more. It is just so user-friendly, and I have never come across anything comparable that gives you more bang for your buck.

Cons

Sometimes the formatting of an email newsletter-type communication can be tricky for a novice on Mailchimp, but after doing it once or twice, you get the hang of it and it becomes much easier. The "test email" feature also eases my own mind, knowing that I can see exactly what it will look like in my customers' inboxes before I actually send it out for real. I generally send it to my personal and business email addresses, read them on my desktop and phone, to make sure the formatting looks correct on all before sending. Although that is a bit tedious, I have peace of mind knowing what I send out looks professional and readable.

James
James

Mailchimp has evolved with the changing demands of the sophisticated market but it is simple...

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Mailchimp's flexibility and adaptability to many different user cases has allowed it to meet all of our core requirements.

Pros

The best thing about Mailchimp is it is so easy to get started and communicating with your subscribers. There are simple and easy ways for subscribers to subscribe and unsubscribe.

Mailchimp is so much more than just an outbound email tool.

Email Templates allow quick professional communications to be created by your organisation on brand and at no additional cost.

Powerful but easy to use functionality allows the end user to setup onboarding communication plans and execute automated communications to new subscribers. Multi email setup is easy to complete.

Subscriber management also intelligiently scans your incoming subscribers to remove the ones that have trending behaviours with regards to unsubcribe and spam reporting.

API integration is built in and connected to most common platforms. There there isn't a direct connection you can utilise online software integrations like Zapier to automate steps. This allows you to connect one system to another and transfer and share information and unsubscribes to your CRM for example.

Cons

Mailchimp has increased its functionality and managed to keep these new features easy to use and adopt. I would say one con is that people don't use half of the available functionality to their advantage.

They have tightened up their pricing and reduced the functionality for their lower/free tiers but I think this is more than fair.

Make sure you choose the right payment plan, either monthly or pay as you go that matches your requirements.

Max
  • Industry: Events Services

Expensive But worth It

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

Mailchimp is amazing for people who want to tailer their mail-outs to the branding or image of their company, product, brand etc

It's got some incredibly detailed functions that allow for a really cohesive end-product. As a mailer, its probably one of the best on the market in the UK, offers a free service up to 1000 subscribers (which is great for a brand new businesses & projects), and is really easy to use. However, for companies like the one I used to manage, we had a big budget but not big enough to justify the amount MailChimp were spending when compared to how much we were using it. The nature of our business is music events, and its one of those markets that people don't want to see your company in their emails every day. Which then of course leads to the issue of:

Yes, we want a product like MailChimp that will allow us to make high-quality mailers, BUT,
No, we can't justify spending the amount they charge when we only use it once every 4 - 6 weeks.

Pros

The softwares functionality - it's incredibly easy to use and the learning curve is very shallow. I can imagine people with no graphic design or artistic training (like myself) would be intimidated about creating a mailer that could be seen by thousands of people - but Mailchimp have created something that is really easy to use and really great.

Cons

The software is very expensive for what it is. For a lot of people who hope to get their company, product, brand out to the masses - this software may quickly be out of their price range/budget. The price, in my opinion, is justified for how good the software is, but is definitely not accessible to those who only require or feel the need to send mailers once every so often to over 1000 subscribers.

Biswajit
Biswajit
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

"Mailchimp: A Comprehensive Email Marketing Tool for Businesses of All Sizes"

Reviewed on 23/03/2023

Pros

Users may develop, send, and track marketing emails, newsletters, and campaigns using the well-known email marketing platform Mailchimp. Its user-friendly interface makes creating and sending email campaigns simple for even non-technical users. Here are some features of Mailchimp that consumers particularly enjoy:Simple to use UI: Users can effortlessly develop email campaigns with Mailchimp's drag-and-drop tools and user-friendly, intuitive interface.Templates that can be customised: Users can choose from a variety of configurable templates provided by Mailchimp to build their email campaigns. These templates are simple to alter so that they correspond with the user's branding and messaging.Automation: With Mailchimp's automation tools, users may create automated email campaigns depending on events like the addition of a new member to a mailing list or the completion of a purchase.Analytics: Mailchimp offers in-depth analytics so users may monitor the effectiveness of their email campaigns. Data on open rates, click-through rates, and other statistics are included.

Cons

Despite being a well-liked email marketing software, Mailchimp might use some work. The following are some aspects of Mailchimp that people have complained about:Pricing: Those who need sophisticated capabilities like automation or those who have larger mailing lists may find Mailchimp's pricing to be prohibitively expensive.Restricted Automation: Users have noted that while Mailchimp does include automation options, they are fairly constrained when compared to competing email marketing solutions. The automation procedures may be more versatile and adaptable, according to some users.Restricted email design possibilities: Although offering a large selection of editable templates, some customers believe that Mailchimp should provide greater freedom and design options when it comes to producing and modifying emails.Customer support: Some customers of Mailchimp have complained about poor response times or unhelpful support workers.

Andrea
Andrea
  • Industry: Machinery

Mailchimp has allowed me to measure the success of my email marketing campaigns.

Reviewed on 12/06/2023

Thanks to Mailchimp, I've been able to create and send engaging, personalized emails that have helped me increase my customer engagement and loyalty. Plus, I'm able to automate tasks like email sending and list segmentation, which has saved me valuable time and resources. With Mailchimp's data tracking and analysis tools, I can measure the performance of my email campaigns and adjust my strategy accordingly.

Pros

Mailchimp has been a fundamental tool for me in my work as a Marketing Coordinator. With this email marketing platform, I have been able to easily and effectively create and send newsletters and email campaigns. What I like best about Mailchimp is its intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Setting up an email marketing campaign is very easy and you can choose from a variety of templates and designs to personalize your emails.

Cons

Setting up integration with other platforms can be a bit tricky. In my case, I had some trouble integrating Mailchimp with my website and other systems I use at work. Also, the process of uploading email lists can be a bit slow and tedious.

Miguel
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Marketing Automation Done Right

Reviewed on 24/06/2018

MailChimp is a great way to introduce users to marketing automation without a high level of risk. Competitors have steep pricing structures that tend to not allow smaller websites with limited budgets test out their features like MailChimp does. It is amazingly easy to setup and use and it has also become my brand of choice for marketing automation across my websites. MailChimp has amazing integrations with many platforms and are easy to use and setup with little or no development experience.

Pros

MailChimp is one of the largest marketing automation platforms in use today. And one of the reasons it has taken off so quickly includes the fact that they offer an entry level subscription that costs nothing. Literally, nothing. While limited, it still provides much of the features you will find with their paid subscription levels, it just has limits in the number of contacts and the number of emails you can send per month. Still, a great deal to test its features and functionalities.

MailChimp is very easy to use and provides a host of features to help you market your site. All subscription levels, including the free entry level, lets you email campaigns, create amazing custom landing pages, pop-up forms, and create Ads with platforms such as Google, Facebook and Instagram. IN addition to these creation and publishing features, MailChimp provides automation features that allow you to create automated responses based on user behaviors. Manage cart abandonment and recommend products as well as receive notifications to all the activities taking place on your site.

You can even customize your target audience through segmentation and groups, send times, time zones, demographics and other advanced features. But remember that not all are available in the free version.

And what good is a marketing tool if you cannot see the results or track them. This, too, is another MailChimp strength. You get your basic set of reports and can perform A/B testing to see what works and what does not.

One of my favorite features is MailChimp's integrations. I use it extensively with WordPress websites and not only use the plug ins created by MailChimp, but those from a multitude of third party developers who have done amazing things with integrations and features.

Cons

Although part of their marketing and not necessarily a Con, it is still fair to say that it would be nice to have some features with limitations available to the entry level for users to give it a run. Maybe a sampling of those would help in making a decision. But because of their affordable pricing structure, it is fair to say that their pricing levels are just about right.