Creately

4.3/5
4.2/5

147 Software options

• Industry: Mining & Metals

A must have tool for planning

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

It enables us to design processes and connect different types of activities together.

Pros

1. Many templates that can be combined
2. Combines videoconferencing with visual workspace collaboration

Cons

1. Trial workspaces are public - a team cannot put real work in a public document, so the testing process has to include non-critical info.

Marco D.

Save your money for a better app

Reviewed on 08/01/2015

Creately is a fairly intuitive and easy to use app. And it is quite inexpensive compared to the competition

Unfortunately, it is by no means presentation quality at all. Professionally, it would be suicide to present anything that comes out of this app. I purchased Creately for flowcharting and wireframing. I can use it for neither for the following reasons.

1. no rulers or guides.
2. the type is not center justified correctly on any shape you try to use.
3. The center of the parallelograms are off center. So when you try to align a vertical column of shapes the parallelograms make your chart step to the side.
4. Scaling. If you try to scale the stop/start shape. It distorts....and not just a little bit.
5. The 1-click create other objects command only allows you to create two different objects. The problem with this is that if you are using a specific color style or font, you have to format the shapes that weren't included in the command.
6. there is no (no fill) option for any of the shapes. So if you try to use the swimlanes you can't see the grid.
7. The connecting lines will put up a fight. Especially when you don't want them to.
8. If you need to use this work for a presentation, you will need to import the file into illustrator and then fix everything to the extent that it is just faster and easier to do it all in illustrator.

Response from Cinergix Pty Ltd

Hi Marco,
Thanks for using Creately and taking the time to leave a review. Although we agree with some of your points some are bit off the mark. I'll try to address them one by one.
1. Agree. Will talk with dev team about adding a ruler.
2. Disagree. As soon as you type the text is center justified.
3. Agree. Will ask the dev team to fix this.
4. Disagree. The start/end scale seems to scaling as required.
5. Disagree. 1-click create adjust according to the context/diagram type. For example when drawing a flowchart by default you can create a process, decision or a start/end.
6. Disagree.There is a fill option in the toolbar. To see the grid when using a swimlane, select the swimlane, click "Fill" and check the "No Fill" option under colors.
7. Agree. The connecting lines adjust according to the diagram. Its done to speed up diagramming and most of our users appreciate it. But in a large complex diagram it can be a hinderance.

Most of this probably happened because we did a poor job of educating our users. And we'll definitely work on improving our help section. If you feel what we've mentioned is wrong or not sure about anything above please drop a mail to [email protected] and probably we can convince you with a live demo or work together to resolve your issues.

Thanks again for using Creately and hope to see you coming back soon.

Sincerely,
Creately team.

Joseph R.

Great software, sometimes has issues

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

When working, is excellent to integrate into JIRA and Confluence - just draw on the fly. Really like the export to PNG option as it makes sharing so much easier.

Pros

I like the integration into JIRA and Confluence and the stand-alone version - the ease of use of porting drawings from each to another.

Cons

There are issues with the JIRA and Confluence versions where existing drawings refuse to load. Not sure of the problem but it is annoying. Could be an issue with O/S or versioning of host software but really, it is annoying to not be able to trust that it will work.

The desktop version running on Adobe Air is also a bit of a problem for me - adds an admin need to make sure the base software is secure and also makes me perceive the effort to be a bit less. Prefer standalone software on the desktop or an enclosed APP rather than something running in another environment.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Economy cost curves made easy

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Pros

I really liked being able to graph quickly and make my graphs look really professional. It is also helpful that I can copy and paste them to include new cost curves in the same graph

Cons

2 things, most software like this have unlimited space on a sheet (ie. One Note, Grafio, etc). Creately limits your space and therefore I can't keep all graphs that go with the same subject together. The second thing I don't like is not being able to paste in objects like brackets, etc. Their options are very limited and something as simple as brackets can't be pasted in from a different source.

Response from Cinergix

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and I'm glad you liked the product :-) . I'll try to address your concerns.
The default diagram area is 1500x1500. This is generally enough for most diagram and set this way for optimum scrolling experience. But you can expand the diagram area to 5000x3300 which will probably help you add all your diagram in one area. You can do this via Properties -> Page Size.
I'm not sure what you meant by inability to copy and paste brackets. I discussed with our QA team and the initial tests performed fine. It could be a specific object or a diagram type. I'd be happy to look further into this and help you out. You can reply to email or email [email protected] mentioning your issue.
Thanks again for the review.

Great for generating diagrams for publication

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

I've had a great experience over the past several years with Creately and it's an important tool for my journal article publication development process for describing my tools pipeline, how patients move throughout my study, etc. Also useful for prototyping user interface designs and quickly iterating through various options.

Pros

This is the quickest way to generate great looking, high quality business process (BPMN) diagram images suitable for publication . I've published several diagrams over the past several years that I create with Creately and they look great in print. Usability and ease of use are excellent.

Cons

There's always more complicated diagrams that could be added that I may or may not use, but I wouldn't want to add to the complexity, as its already at the right complexity for my current needs.

David growes

Well Worth The Price

Reviewed on 28/02/2013

As a heavy Visio user I was bit reluctant to try this but was pleasantly surprised. The monthly fee is fair and the desktop price is extremely good when you consider that Visio costs around 300$.
Love the usability of the interface. The diagramming area is large and far less cluttered. I like the concept of loading libraries as necessary because not only it saves space but help you find shapes faster.
A little toolbar that appears when you select an object makes diagramming very easy. In 1 click you can create the next object and it will be automatically connected for you. Very convenient and saves many clicks and drags.
Tried the real-time collaboration with a buddy of mine and it was a fun experience. Seeing each others changes as it happens it very productive.
Overall well worth the price and highly recommended for teams.

Pros

Easy to use uncluttered interface
Image search and icon finder
object toolbar that makes diagramming faster
automatic adjustments like aligning, text positioning
real-time collaboration feature

Cons

Real-time collaboration features seems to slow down the application a bit

Clara L.

Customer support destroyed my exeperience

Reviewed on 31/03/2019

So creatively is simple, straight forward to use and not expensive. Now beware it bugs a lot so you need to save every minute if you don't want to waste your time. I am working on the creation of a website for an algorithm. So I need one big graph that shows the workflow of my website perfectly. Needless to say, my diagram is big. With such work the online platform bugs a lot so you have to save every minute which is less frustrating than if you were losing your work every minute. Then I saved my final document on my desktop in the creately format ( in case there was a big terrible bug) I could redownload it. The big terrible bug happened (5h hours worth of work just disappeared for no reason) , and that is where I discovered that you can not download docs that are bigger than 10MB. Mine was 22MB. I've sent it the help center of Creately and asked for help and answers of why this bug happened. It's been a week now and although I got some response about please send me your email address and the name of your diagram nothing else really from them... Not only this app made me go made but the support team made me lose one precious week of work. I am now going to try and redo my work because I know now that Creately is good for small project but not big ones. A true disapointement

Pros

Simple, straight forward to use and not expensive

Cons

1) it bugs a lot so you need to save every minute if you don't want to waste your time.
2) Even if you save your work on your desktop as well as on the online platform all your work can disappear.
3) Don't save your doc with the CREATELY template because after 10MB no one can use it or download it on Creately. Ask for help people prefer to start the conversation and then ignore.
3) Customer support is crap and when they don't know what to do they just ignore

• Industry: Environmental Services

Great Product With One Major Flaw

Reviewed on 01/04/2019

Pros

It does exactly what I need it to do - create org charts. It's easy to use with great functionality, and looks great.

Cons

The save/save as functionality is atrocious. I often lose past work because it'll save a current project over a previous one. When this happens I lose the opportunity to use a past chart as a template that would save me a ton of time. Then I'm forced to do it over again. If this was fixed it would be huge.

Adelina A.

Excellent tool

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

I use Creately since 2 differents perspectives, like student I can do may homework and like teacher I can create study tools to my students, in both ways, I just waste the enough time to develop my diagrams easely and even fun.

Pros

It has a lot of different tools to build a big range of diagrams and illustrations, but the most like me is the color combination and that you can organize the space around the diagram.

Cons

It is difficult and no friendly chance the letters... size, color, position.

Garth123

Initial impressions let down with more extensive use...

Reviewed on 29/01/2013

The program showed a lot of potential when I trialed it online but after purchasing it (for a steep price of $75) and using it more, I've discovered that there are a bunch of bugs and limitations (issues with the graphics, text, placement limitations) which prevent me from doing what I want and getting the look I want.

For example, text in shapes: the shapes can't be inverted without text flipping upside down or back to front, such as with a speech bubble, it has to go only in one direction if you want to read the text. The same is with all other shapes. The "work around" is to put a text box over the top of the shape, but it's lousy that it even needs a "work around".

The shapes are also a bit sketchy, drawn imprecisely with edges of the shapes not quite connecting smoothly and looking like they've been slapped together hastily in MS paint.

Also, connecting lines are a bit tricky to arrange exactly how you might like them. They have a mind of their own. And if you add text to a line, then it has an annoying white box behind it.

All in all the program shows potential, but given the price for the desktop version, if I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have bought it - I wish I could get my money back. Given its level of development, slow updates, bugs/limitations and need for "work arounds", Creately is way overpriced and I would not recommend it. Particularly do not recommend if you want professional looking graphics. That said, it's not bad for brain storming privately.

Excelent solution for drawing and collaboration at the same time.

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Our time was really quick drawing and collaborating diagrams for our sales pipeline for instances, was a great tool in work.

Pros

The free version was really great for start point with the product, the flexibility was really good and the graphs and diagrams I made were really good.

Cons

The watermark in the free version when I export a resource, but I know it's normal. I got solved just paying the corresponding fee.

Joel P.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Very Nice Product

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Pros

I can't find a better software for diagram my process of developing, because the easy to use and the good app quality

Cons

Need more objects or types of process for use it even more

Manish P.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

Flow charts and Visual representation of user cases. This helped us with client presentation.

Pros

Very easy to use with a lot of options. Good library.

Cons

Nothing much to be honest. The software works great.

Chris B.

Save your money and go elsewhere

Reviewed on 15/07/2014

I've been attempting to use this application for more than 6 months. I've opened a half dozen tickets - Creately has opened a similar number, and yet no resolution to my licensing issues. They have only worked with me in a half-hearted way, often repeating the same diagnostic requests and never fully understanding the issue. When I thought they understood it, they came back and told me to delete my license file yet again.
So much time has been wasted that the money I paid for the app is almost inconsequential.
You would receive much better service and more value for money by going elsewhere.

Pros

Options for web or desktop installation.

Cons

No shared files.
Severe licensing issues that can't be resolved - without a license much functionality is inoperative.
The poorest and slowest of customer service I've had in a decade.

Response from Cinergix Pty Ltd

Hi Chris,
We're extremely sorry about your situation. You have been very patient with us and helped us with all the details which makes us feel even more sad. We deeply regret that we couldn't recreate your issue and able to solve it.
Again, extremely sorry about the situation and we'll give you a full refund.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Create awesome diagrams and flow charts

Reviewed on 20/01/2018

Pros

It has a lot of great looking elements to make your diagrams and flow charts, org charts great looking. Lots of color and interesting elements.

Cons

It's not very easy to use. It really takes a while to get used to how to do use it. It sometimes gets frustrating to get things done.

Response from Cinergix

Hey, thanks for leaving the review. We're glad you're thrilled with the features. We're a bit sad you've found it difficult to use. If you can say why you found it difficult I can get our team to work on improving things.

Nuno O.

Good price/quality software

Reviewed on 28/07/2017

Pros

Big database of templates give us a head start for the diagram.Simple and intuitive for all users. Has 5 free driagram for start and test the software. It´s possible to import from identical tolls.

Cons

If you need more users the price it´s a little high. No Portuguese language for the app.

Good work tool

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

Pros

Flexibility of functionalities. The software serves as a go-to for functionalities beyond what the usual office tools can do

Cons

The limits defined by page sizes limits the scope of work that can be done on a page

Daksh S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Plan and present your work better

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Very good tool to motivate and plan the team to follow a certain track and get the work done

Pros

there is a wide variety of diagrams and graphics that I am given the option to draw. I love the Gantt charts, I believe it helps to plan the work better and be more structured

Cons

The collection of templates for some subcategories can be improved

José G.
  • Industry: Banking

Simple, quick and amazing

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

Pros

Is a very intuitive tool to create diagrams, allows create differents types of diagrams with useful templates.

Cons

Is expensive, but you can use the test trail to generate a few diagrams.

Edwin K.
  • Used for 2+ years

Used mainly for Organisational Structure diagramming

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

It gets the job done. Sometimes glitchy... and could be smoother really.

Pros

The ability to use different​ shapes through drag and drop.

Cons

Some inconsistencies in response to spae placement and position of text within​ shapes.

Adrianna E.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Cool but images came out blurry

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

Pros

It really simplified making process diagrams as well as the process of attaching lines and arrows in the right spots

Cons

The images came out blurry when you downloaded them

Lorisa F.

Used for Health Fair Project

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

I'm a nursing student and had to a booth for a health fair. My part of the project was to make up brochures. I was able to make very professionally looking brochures using Creately. I recommended Creately to my group. It will make future projects easier for them and me. Many of them have school-age children who will be needing to use something like this, too.

Pros

It was fairly easy to use and has several options available for designs for projects.

Cons

Occasionally, when I'd try to "tweak" a little place on my project it would mess up the whole thing.

Aekansh K.

Great design software

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Great experience for designing software products. I needed some design software to create great uml designs quickly. Creately was best fit for my requirements.

Pros

Availability of all uml diagrams
Great UI
Good graphics in created diagrams
Download csv and pdf feature
Access your designs on any device/location
Easy to create great diagrams with less effort and time

Cons

Problems while concurrent access to a diagram by multiple users

Claudio C.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Very good

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

Pros

Easy, fast, simples to learn. I always find what i have looking for

Cons

Expensive, unfortunately the government does not have the resources to invest in software, but it would certainly be my choice

Lars lindberg

Extremely Useful for Teams

Reviewed on 06/06/2013

If you're working as a team and constantly collaborate when doing documentation then this is a god send.

Pros

Real time collaboration is the feature we found most useful. Professionally designed templates provide a good starting point. And it's very easy to use.

Cons

No mobile app, could be an issue with people on the go.