Showing 303 reviews of 291

Kickserv

#1 Most User-Friendly Software to Run a Service Business

4.3 /5 (291 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 303 reviews of 291
Ted S.

Excellent functionality and ease of use

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Kickserv offers us the opportunity to quickly reschedule and update work orders in real time. The Quikbooks integration saves us time and money because we only enter customer info once.

Pros

Kickserv enabled us to scale up the business and offers us excellent tracking for billing, communication, and customer service.

Cons

There are no issues or downside for my company.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you Ted. Your loyalty and willingness to take a moment to give us feedback is worth a lot to us. I hope it also helps others.
Cheers!

Ruben L.

Amazing Software

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Overall this software has gotten way better and way easier for me to do my contracts and upload my information

Pros

Can upload multiple photos at the same time, make them shareable and also can save notes

Cons

In the beginning it wouldn’t allow me to upload multiple photos

Scott R.

Kickserv is a great app that I have used for my Piano Service Company.

Reviewed on 24/06/2017

Pros

All inclusive connectivity of all the data needed to run my (Piano Service) business. I consider myself a fairly expert user of kickserv, using it from its early inception, then called ' Service Sidekick'. I am totally on board to help bring it to its fullest potential, so dont take the cons section too hard...I use the system every day, all through the day, and my entire operation depends on this most awesome application.

Cons

Software is gradually degrading. Latest update published makes KS sluggish, screen freezes constantly during scrolling. Reports have been altered to the point of useless.
Quadruple redundant data entry, creating and closing an event, then a job.
No auto fill on repeated fields.
Phone numbers require dashes be entered. Format the field for straight 10 digit entry.
Area code, city, and state are almost always the same in my service area. Why dont these fields hold and auto fill the last data entered? Internet standard these days is that the state is a 'state' field, only accepting 2 CAP characters in verified state identifiers.
No notification if email is successful, and no notice when messages fail. This has caught me with my pants down with customers...( yes customers, not contacts) emailing time sensitive invoices and opportunitys.... guys, they are ESTIMATES, Not opportunitys!!
Stripe send a payment received email notification...Awesome.
The text is the problem. First words of auto generated notification says Congratulations!.
Congratulations? We are small businesses....we take money, every day, all day. It is inapropriate, and smacks of a Condesending viewpoint.

Miss labled fields: My customers are my 'customers' , not my 'contacts'. New address verify is great on service address, Why does it not verify billing address? Getting paid is a very important aspect of small business. Makes no sense.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Scott,
We agree that April and May were not good months for Kickserv. We are so very sorry. We did correct the couple of issues that were inherited from the massive migration of hundreds of original customers from our legacy platform. We regret not anticipating those issues prior.
I would like to clarify some points you made:
1. We do not require dashes in phone numbers fields.
2. We do indicate if an email has failed in your Dashboard > email activity page.
3. Opportunities is a way to make our program more applicable to more people. When you do send out the template it does say estimate. We can help you with how it looks if you need something custom. Let me know.
4. Regarding your comment about the billing address, typically we are not verifying the address so much as we are just indicating on the map where that service address located for routing purposes and driving instructions.

Brian R.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Outstanding Service

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

It helps us stay Organized with our business.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Tech Support is AWESOME!
Spoke to me in easy to understand terms, and resolved my issue I was seeking assistance in/with.

Cons

I have not found any "Cons" with KickServe.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Brian - thank you much for the review. These are the stars that we work for every day here. We created original software to help organize our plumbing business too. It's been helping us for 30 years!

Randall M.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Overall, I like Kickserv. I rely on it for my business, and the product continues to improve.

Reviewed on 25/06/2017

It helps me manage four irrigation service technicians and keep them going where they need to go.

Pros

Their web site when used on a desktop computer is great for scheduling and dispatching. We use it throughout the day to line up jobs for our technicians. Previously existing customers are easy to find using their search feature. I can add a new job, and then click a button and it sends the technician a text message with the job description and address. The technician can click on the address link and get the GPS coordinates on their smart phone. The workflow is logical and consistent. When things go wrong, they are good about communicating what is happening.

Cons

We are really only able to use part of the service. While it is excellent for scheduling, it is not useful for invoicing unless your invoicing needs are very basic. The product is not compatible with Quick Books groups. I don't use their mobile app. I prefer their mobile web site, but recent changes have made their mobile site less useful. Their server sometimes gets overloaded and the software becomes unresponsive. Tech support is inconsistent. Sometimes very helpful. Sometimes condescending. If a customer has an email address, it will automatically send this customer a reminder notice. There is no way to turn this feature on or off. For recurring jobs where we go back to the customer again and again, this is a problem because we don't always schedule the customer on the same day every month. It also gives the customer a link to the customer account center, which we also do not use, since we are unable to use Kickserv's invoicing feature.

While Kickserv continues to make improvements to the service, I frequently find myself frustrated because improvements are often not fully tested, resulting in unpleasant side effects. Example - recent formatting changes have made the scrollable area of their mobile web site very small and difficult to work with. Another change awhile back formatted all of my old customer data in such a way that their addresses would fail to appear in the text messages sent to my technicians. I am having to manually change all of these.

Ambyr E.

Asked for help, via the chat bubble, tech Tina responded within a few hours!

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Pros

The software is very organized, easy to navigate through, I like that there's more than one way to search for something. I think the Dispatch View is an amazing concept! I am in the service industry and have technicians that I send all over S. OC, having a map right there and not having to switch back and forth with google maps would be wonderful! I really hope they will be able to fully incorporate it into the software. The texting concept is another wonderful idea I recently saw added. A lot of my customers ask for texts because their at work and in meetings etc, so to have this feature fully functional would be another efficient bonus!

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this software. Recently, the Kickserv Team had to do a massive switch over, customers from their old software switched over to the new one and it caused problems across the board. However, our business didn't suffer too much and Kickserv's tech team was on a solution right away! I also really appreciated their update blog while they were fixing everything. We also had a problem with syncing to Quickbooks and Quickbooks locking our ability to change contact info from Kickserv. But that's been fixed as well!

Debbie Z.

Overall our experience with Kickserv has been good. There are a few glitches at times.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

The calendar has been easy to use. We do not use it for our installers at this time but use it daily for our sales appointments. For the most part kickserv has been user friendly.

Cons

There are times when we have issues syncing with QuickBooks. It seems this happens when we have one customer with multiple locations. We created our own invoice and estimate template. It would be helpful if this was easier to do and we did not need an HTML guru or it would be helpful if kickserv was more helpful with this. Reports can be confusing to create to pull the information needed. The reports probably took us the longest to figure out how to use. When uploading pictures it is very slow for the sales people when using their ipad in the field.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Debbie,
We really appreciate your time and the feedback you and your team have provided us.

You should always use our chat feature in the program whenever you have a sync issue that you are not able to resolve.
We do have plans to make both reporting and possible custom template modifications easier.

Kris N.

Sidekick Rocks

Reviewed on 19/12/2011

I probably recommend Sidekick to someone once a week. I've shopped and used other solutions and Sidekick blows them away in performance, features, price, support - across the board. I even recommend it to people who don't need to track resources because it's so flexible, you can use it as a CRM.

Overall, 5 out of 5 stars.

Pros

Super easy to understand and get set up. We were up and running in only 1 day. There's very little training that new users need to use SK.
Extremely flexible - I've been able to easily customize the product to show the things we like to see and to run the way we want it.
Reports - the capabilities of the reports are amazing. You can build just about any report you can imagine.
Price - I get excellent value for the price I pay. Other solutions are thousands and thousands of dollars with little to no support. But SK has flexible pricing so you pay for who you're scheduling.
Support - the support is terrific. You almost always get a live person if you have to call. The help database is a good place to look before calling.
Suggestions - Sidekick is way ahead of the curve when it comes to allowing, considering and implementing customer feedback. I've been very impressed with the ability to provide a suggestion and that I've seen many implemented.

Cons

Old data - can be hard to get rid of. I'd like to see a feature where if a user inactivates a custom field, all data in that field on job and customer records can be erased.
Text fields - have a limited number of characters so your jobs and client info have to be concise. You can't write a book for a job order.
Some features don't quite work the way you would expect (timecards) - they don't actually integrate to QB, so it's kind of a teaser and we spent a fair amount of time trying to use the time tracker only to have to go to another solution.

Jessica C.

Our experience with the software is good overall.

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

We can keep track of all the customers/estimates/invoices.

Pros

The software is easy to use. It tells you whether a customer saw or not the invoice/estimate. It allows you to see unpaid invoices.

Cons

-quick book sync doesn't work right, it makes duplicates of all the customers.
-you can not enter different job locations for the same customer, a new customer needs to be created every time there is a new job location

Response from Kickserv

Hello Jessica,
Thank you for all the stars and confidence you put into using Kickserv for your business.

Creating a new service location for a property manager should be easy. Once you have the main property company in your database, it will just a matter of pressing the "new contact" button, filling in the new service address, and checking the box to associate it with the parent company.

I'll reach out to you via our in-app chat to assist you with this feature and help with the customer-flow-line.

Mary S.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

We have been using this software for years- before it was "Kickserv" and truly love it.

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Organization, Peace of Mind, Customization, Reports, Syncing Capabilities, Follow-Up Reminders

Pros

We like the syncing capabilities, customization options, reports, and task/reminder functions. This app was truly created with the intention of giving you peace of mind that you've never forgotten something. It makes us feel truly organized and gives us the ability to keep our processes working smoothly.

Cons

When Service Sidekick got switched over to the new platform, Kickserv, we were excited for the new features, but the downtime and constant account issues have been frustrating. Support is sometimes difficult to get ahold of, as well. That being said, the incident report updates that we signed up for, have been great during these circumstances and Pete is always very helpful when he's providing support.

Ronnie N.

Kickserv

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

We have solved the issue of keeping client communication organized etc. with Kickserv we know exactly where to find notes on previous conversations with a client as well as any important information our techs or CSR may need to know.

Pros

I like the fact that we can enter notes about a customer and separate notes for each project of a customer as well as including attachments such as pictures etc. it helps to keep things organized and accessible.

Cons

We use a program outside of Kickserv to compile estimates as I can customize them a lot more with boilerplate etc.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ronnie. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Matt M.
  • Industry: Machinery

Overall very happy with the system and continue to be impressed with all the changes.

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

Everything in one place and easy to view open quotes and current jobs.

Pros

Internet based being able to get it on my phone when out of office. I use my tablet and phone from home and this is very important to me.

Cons

I get frustrated with the frequent slow load times lateley. I know that is being worked on and I apprecaite that because it is crippling when we cannot get to the information when speaking with a customer. I ALSO WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU COULD HAVE A PHOTO ON THE CUSTOMER PAGE THAT PULLS UP IN THE FIRST CLICK OF THE ACCOUNT. SMALL PHOTO LIKE WHAT IS IN NOTES BUT IN THE MAIN VIEW. DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE. JUST A SUGGESTION

Amilly A.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Indispensable. Simple to use and manage your customers and jobs from one place.

Reviewed on 05/07/2017

The benefits are countless and far outweigh the features that we still don't have. What I love is that Kickserv is constantly adding new features and increasing the software's functionality.

Pros

I love how easy it is as admin to add users, customize certain fields and see who has what on their calendar, emailing invoices to customers from the software, integration with QB.

Cons

I can't progress invoice, therefor I can't take advantage of really knowing the money in the pipelines. Certain custom fields for a customer's location don't carry over when you create a new job in that location, creating double entry.

Jason F.

Pretty Pleasant

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Pros

Keeps all of my office and field workers on the same page. Love that it can also sync to my QB Desktop software.

Cons

Can't edit invoices on Kickserv after they are synced with QB. A lot of steps to email the estimate after it's prepared. Downtime during the day when I'm trying to pull opportunities up and provide customers with a quote. Can't easily view line items on invoices on the Android Mobile app. Support takes a day to get a hold of you sometimes. I also don't like that the IP of the customer is not included when they sign an invoice, as my lawyer advises it may not hold up in court for the signed contract without it. I also wish I could integrate payments with my Authorize.net account. pany sets) for credit card use.

Charles M.
  • Industry: Utilities

Office Mananger

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

I find the program very easy to use, from having zero training to just diving in and learning as I go I find it easy to move around in.

Pros

I like the new feature of being able to move your charges and I can verify if invoices have been viewed and when.

Cons

Not being able to create a report that show's individual sales

Response from Kickserv

Hi Charles,
You have a been a very loyal customer for over 3 years! Thank you. Your viewpoints were insightful. Make sure to reach out to us with our in-app chat support for help creating an individual report because we are here to help.

Victor D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Simplicity

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Using Kickserv for telecommunication customer profiles, information, job routing and scheduling has been great. Being able to access and edit this information from anywhere really simplifies and streamlines our process.

Pros

Simple to use, customizable, remote access, simplicity, compatibility, user friendly

Cons

sometimes the calendar can be too sensitive, causing jobs to move when just trying to open them.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Victor. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Terrena T.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Absolutely the best communication tool

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Pros

THis application allows me to keep track of pretty much everything in the office. I absolutely love it!

Cons

I would love to be able to add tasks without having to install another app like Asana.

Response from Kickserv

Hi Terrena,
Your company has been a very loyal customer for close to 3 years now! Thank you. We appreciate all the stars and confidence you put into using Kickserv for your business.

Jeanine H.

My thoughts

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

Pros

It suits our business well. Is fairly easy to use and easy to teach to new hires.

Cons

Nothing big. I do have several small suggestions to make usage even more streamlined

Response from Kickserv

Hello Jeanine,
Thank you for taking your time to give us a review. We do thrive on feedback from our customers like you. I'll reach out to you directly for your ideas for better streamlining the customer flow-line within Kickserv.
Cheers!

Lora C.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great scheduling tool and easy to use

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

We can see where our technicians are and can keep extensive notes on a project for future visits.

Pros

Easy to use and can plan the day the week or the year out with this software. Can easily email an invoice to a customer and get paid online by the customer.

Cons

The speed of the software is sometimes slow. Also there are outages that interupt our work day. Would like it to interface with Quickbooks better.

Kris N.

This software is a really good scheduling tool for a service company

Reviewed on 06/11/2014

Pros

The help desk is super responsive. The software is really quite intuitive, and the time to get it up and running with the help desk's help is only a few days. It's web-based, and techs can easily access it from the field on an iPad or other tablet.

Cons

If you're running a complex organization it may fall a little short. We run a business with five totally different sets of skilled people, so we sort of outstripped what it was intended for. Also, the scheduling optimization by ZIP code or area of town is not well-developed.

Kari P.

I love this software and would be lost without it!

Tracking customers and scheduling

Pros

It is super easy to use and covers all of my day-to-day operating needs. The scheduling is easy and the customer database is quickly searchable and tracks everything.

Cons

I do wish the reporting was a little easier to manipulate. I have trouble generating reports that I can use for a few things.

Scott A.

For the most part the software is great to use, just which it was more flexible.

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

it make schduling for service very easy.

Pros

It is great for scheduling, and changing schedule, also very good for invoicing and invoicing information,

Cons

There are times I wish it was more flexible, like changing a job type from repair to estimate, I also wish it would transfer information from Kick Serv to Quick Books

Jackie D.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Kickserv saved my business

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

Ability to properly manage my company

Pros

Creates an easy to use platform to manage hectic schedules and clients. Prior to finding the little ninja guy I was losing my mind trying to keep things organized.

Cons

It is a bit annoying when you call support and have to leave a message. BUT that is only a con here because it has a box to write one. I really don't need to call support to often. They did a great job with creating accessible help forms online

Antonio D.

Its an easy use for the system, nothing that cant be figured out easy.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

I got every benefit I needed for the job in the office. Quick access and specific searching for information I need.

Pros

It is a quick software and has all the info that is needed when searching for something. It updates as you do the work so other workers get the info quickly to know what has been switched.

Cons

I don't really have anything in mind that I like least on this system. Everything in this system works perfectly for what I need in the job.

Jesse M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Ender User of Kickserve

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

It has always worked perfectly when i need to use it other than portrait landscape issue.

Pros

it is very easy to use, it does what i need it to do in the field.

Cons

The app needs support for portrait and landscape, i use do everything on my ipad with a keyboard which makes app virtually useless, so i end up using web browser version of kick service to all my invoicing.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you, Jesse. Your loyalty and willingness to take a moment to give us feedback is worth a lot to us. Reach out to us with our in-app chat support regarding your specific iPad functionality because improvements have been made within the new app version.