Kickserv

#1 Most User-Friendly Software to Run a Service Business

4.1/5

Cyndi F.

Get your DISPTACH house in order

Reviewed on 01/03/2019

We have been with Kick Serv through a lot of growing pains. As a "non techy" person, I was very frustrated in the beginning but now have become a believer that THIS IS a great program for our growing business. I am looking forward to see which upgrades are coming for 2019. (Allow techs to search for specific job numbers in the field, colors change as job phases are uploaded with new people assigned to same job, adding the use of our standard quote forms, time sheet management)

Pros

Able to track all incoming calls with a glance at calendar screen. See every tech (color coded) daily, weekly and monthly. Track days off, vacations, in a glance, with customer on the phone!

Cons

Still no way to automatically change color coding as each phase of a project is completed and we need to add different tradesmen to the job. We have to "open" each job BEFORE we schedule a tech to see if he/she is already assigned to an ongoing job.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Cyndi,
Many thanks for the abundance of positive feedback. And as always the suggestions to make our product better and more user friendly is what we thrive on here.

To quickly gather what jobs a technician or tradesman is on go directly to our Jobs index page and use the "assign to" filter.

Ping me back from within the app if you'd like to discuss this idea further. We are here to help.

Randall M.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Overall, I like Kickserv. I rely on it for my business, and the product continues to improve.

Reviewed on 25/06/2017

It helps me manage four irrigation service technicians and keep them going where they need to go.

Pros

Their web site when used on a desktop computer is great for scheduling and dispatching. We use it throughout the day to line up jobs for our technicians. Previously existing customers are easy to find using their search feature. I can add a new job, and then click a button and it sends the technician a text message with the job description and address. The technician can click on the address link and get the GPS coordinates on their smart phone. The workflow is logical and consistent. When things go wrong, they are good about communicating what is happening.

Cons

We are really only able to use part of the service. While it is excellent for scheduling, it is not useful for invoicing unless your invoicing needs are very basic. The product is not compatible with Quick Books groups. I don't use their mobile app. I prefer their mobile web site, but recent changes have made their mobile site less useful. Their server sometimes gets overloaded and the software becomes unresponsive. Tech support is inconsistent. Sometimes very helpful. Sometimes condescending. If a customer has an email address, it will automatically send this customer a reminder notice. There is no way to turn this feature on or off. For recurring jobs where we go back to the customer again and again, this is a problem because we don't always schedule the customer on the same day every month. It also gives the customer a link to the customer account center, which we also do not use, since we are unable to use Kickserv's invoicing feature.

While Kickserv continues to make improvements to the service, I frequently find myself frustrated because improvements are often not fully tested, resulting in unpleasant side effects. Example - recent formatting changes have made the scrollable area of their mobile web site very small and difficult to work with. Another change awhile back formatted all of my old customer data in such a way that their addresses would fail to appear in the text messages sent to my technicians. I am having to manually change all of these.

Jessica S.

Small company that rapidly grew!

Reviewed on 25/06/2019

Pros

We love the simplicity of it, the work flow is really easy with the unschedule, scheduled, in progress, etc tabs. It keeps the jobs organized. We love that it is capable with our QuickBooks keeping our books stright is very important to us.

Cons

The mobile app has had a number of bugs and issues. But we contact customer service and it seems to fix. However we still run into minor issues here and there.

Response from Kickserv

Hi Jessica,
Your company has been a very loyal customer for 4 years now! Thank you. Plus, it's great to hear how much you like our Support team. Keep connecting with us with our in-app chat support because we are here to help.

Jenifer A.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Field Service & Installs - Locksmithing & Security

Reviewed on 08/07/2019

We can easily see all jobs scheduled for a given day, search open and historic work orders, track the progress on longer jobs and ensure all invoices are created and sent timely. This has cut down on lost paperwork, increased communication, and minimizes the number of support staff needed in the office to keep operations running smoothly.

Pros

Kickserv has a fairly intuitive layout and search function. Once the customer list is loaded you can view all jobs relating to individual customers, upload photos, set up future service and easily move calls between technicians. This is a great program to start with when moving away from an antiquated platform (paper, Excel, etc).

Cons

The downside of Kickserv is the lack of customization. I believe it was originally developed to suit a different industry and while we've found work-arounds for our needs they are still work-arounds and rely on humans remembering the unique procedure .

Kris N.

Sidekick Rocks

Reviewed on 19/12/2011

I probably recommend Sidekick to someone once a week. I've shopped and used other solutions and Sidekick blows them away in performance, features, price, support - across the board. I even recommend it to people who don't need to track resources because it's so flexible, you can use it as a CRM.

Overall, 5 out of 5 stars.

Pros

Super easy to understand and get set up. We were up and running in only 1 day. There's very little training that new users need to use SK.
Extremely flexible - I've been able to easily customize the product to show the things we like to see and to run the way we want it.
Reports - the capabilities of the reports are amazing. You can build just about any report you can imagine.
Price - I get excellent value for the price I pay. Other solutions are thousands and thousands of dollars with little to no support. But SK has flexible pricing so you pay for who you're scheduling.
Support - the support is terrific. You almost always get a live person if you have to call. The help database is a good place to look before calling.
Suggestions - Sidekick is way ahead of the curve when it comes to allowing, considering and implementing customer feedback. I've been very impressed with the ability to provide a suggestion and that I've seen many implemented.

Cons

Old data - can be hard to get rid of. I'd like to see a feature where if a user inactivates a custom field, all data in that field on job and customer records can be erased.
Text fields - have a limited number of characters so your jobs and client info have to be concise. You can't write a book for a job order.
Some features don't quite work the way you would expect (timecards) - they don't actually integrate to QB, so it's kind of a teaser and we spent a fair amount of time trying to use the time tracker only to have to go to another solution.

Ryan O.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Kickserv Review

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Overall good experience as a desktop and in field user.

Pros

Ease of use for invoices as a template, all invoices look the same for every client. Easy to adjust line items and pricing as needed. Taking pictures within the app has been a great addition.

Cons

App is glitchy and doesn't display charges in correct order. If taking a picture with the app, it doesn't save to the phone. Meaning, if signal is lost and the picture doesn't upload the picture is lost. This has led to us making a trip back to re-take a picture that didn't load or save.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ryan. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. At this time, we have added the ability to arrange your charges in any way that you prefer. However, whenever you work around limited cell service areas you will want to save all images to your phone to upload later to Jobs.

Phyllis C.

We've used this Kickserv for years! It's a good, solid program that is continually being...

Reviewed on 06/07/2017

Let's us keep all customer data in one place. Syncs with our bookkeeping program. Internet based lets us work from anywhere. Good value for the $$$.

Pros

Reasonable pricing. Good set of features. Great customer service. We've used this program for at least 10 years.

Cons

It's looking better, but still a bit "clunky". Not very intuitive if you're new to the system. Screen views are stretched out and take up a lot of room. You have to scroll a lot to find things. It could be more compact and easier to maneuver. The Android version is the same way - multiple screens to find things. You have to learn all the workarounds to be productive.

Jon R.

Mission Accomplished!

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

We are extremely pleased with Kickserv. Our business continues to grow because of Kickserv. We love that the company is open to our suggestions on adding new features to make things even more efficient for our company.

Pros

I had a vision many years ago to be to one day run my business from one dashboard from anywhere in the world. After many failed attempts with other software, I stumbled upon Kickserv and vision is now a reality.

Cons

There is really nothing I don’t like about Kickserv.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jon. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Yvonne G.

Great Value for a CRM

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

My overall experience with Kickserv has be a very positive one. I really have no complaints with this product.

Pros

I love this software. I have been using it for about ten years. It is easy to use and the customer service is terrific.

Cons

Sometimes creating a custom report is a challenge, but I call customer support or start a chat session and I get the issue resolved in a timely fashion.

Response from Kickserv

THANK YOU YVONNE! You and your crew have been with us almost since the beginning (2009). This September was you 9th year using Kickserv as your field service manager. It is a pleasure working with you.

Taylor A.

Kickserv

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Kickserv is EXCELLENT at time stamping everyone's move. I like that I can see when a customer viewed an invoice or estimate. That feature is definitely one that a lot of other software's do not. It is upcoming and I believe will be a huge hit within the year with what has already been implemented.

Pros

Kickserv is up and coming. It in implementing most of everything we need to be able to do here at my office.

Cons

That there is not tech support available by phone. Sometimes it is easier to explain via phone about issues.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Taylor. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Make sure to contact our Support Team directly at 888.316.4541. We are here to help.

Victor D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Simplicity

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Using Kickserv for telecommunication customer profiles, information, job routing and scheduling has been great. Being able to access and edit this information from anywhere really simplifies and streamlines our process.

Pros

Simple to use, customizable, remote access, simplicity, compatibility, user friendly

Cons

sometimes the calendar can be too sensitive, causing jobs to move when just trying to open them.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Victor. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Ted S.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 08/07/2019

Kickserv enabled me to take the business up a level. The ease of use and the ability to make adjustments and changes on the fly have increased our productivity and or profitability as well as our customer service.

Pros

This software is so easy to use, and gives us excellent flexibility and control over our scheduling. We love it!

Cons

Making additions to existing jobs is a little bit cumbersome.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ted. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Brian K.

good on desktop, good customer service with a slow and sometimes unusable app

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

it is the best we've used so far. But can be improved. The tweaks look to be minor to make it a much better product.

Pros

I like the ability to link photos to the jobs. Seeing where all the jobs are on a map is nice. Being able to send a nice invoice to the customers and track it has been great
Also, the link to stripe for the customer has also been very helpful.

Cons

The places the jobs and invoices goes needs to be cleaned up. Unless you know what you are exactly looking for they disappear sometimes. The app is not appropriate to use in the field. (no email input) Stripe is cumbersome and not easy to process in the field. The quickbooks feature should be included. The desktop fee is way to expensive.

Dave O.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Software very easy to learn and to use. Prints work orders and invoices. Attach external...

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Ability to export historical data.

Pros

Really like the credit card customer payment function. Can attach picture of payments by check for proof of payment. "Stripe" is an excellent card processor.

Cons

Impossible to get off the "hold" job status. Can't modify the work order or invoice although they look good.

Antonio D.

Its an easy use for the system, nothing that cant be figured out easy.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

I got every benefit I needed for the job in the office. Quick access and specific searching for information I need.

Pros

It is a quick software and has all the info that is needed when searching for something. It updates as you do the work so other workers get the info quickly to know what has been switched.

Cons

I don't really have anything in mind that I like least on this system. Everything in this system works perfectly for what I need in the job.

Robert B.

The program is very good and mostly does what I need it too.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

Scheduling

Pros

Love the scheduling

Cons

Not enough instruction on how to set up invoice information (some of the fields do not seem to work). Overall documentation needs work as far as more detail information and maybe examples.Would be nice to have something to keep track of how much you charge and collecting money. Would like to click on the Work Order in the calendar view and bring the WO up. Have to exit invoice screen in order to log a payment.

Aron F.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Kickserve

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Pros

The ease of use on the desktop, adding accounts and information. It really is easy to use.

Cons

The functions on the mobile app. I would like it to reflect more like the desk top.

Response from Kickserv

Hi Aron, your company has been a loyal customer for over 6 years! Thank you. We are happy that your experience with Kickserv is supporting you and your business. Plus, we are adding more developers to increase our process from idea to production. More good stuff on its way to your app.

Michelle D.

Very good for scheduling techs

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Overall very positive

Pros

Easy to add an appointment and alert the tech

Cons

Does not always work or techs have difficulty getting through the email

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Michelle. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Scott F.

Overall Kickserv is very easy to get up and running quickly.

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Pros

The ease of use is the best part about Kickserv. You can have your team up and running quickly and easily.

Cons

Wish it had more customization options. You can add customized fields, but wish there was a way to have an automatic recurring billing option

Kevaun H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

User friendly and gets the job done

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Helps me to organize and schedule appointments better.

Pros

Makes scheduling my jobs super easy. Keeps my customers informed with automatic email and text messages and also does the same for my team. Easy editing of existing customer and also to create new customer.

Cons

Not the ideal platform for logging pipeline deals. It is also difficult to process reports for an individual team member.

Mothanna A.

Kickserv has made my life as a business owner so much easier. It's literally an employee and a...

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

What I love about Kickserv is its ease of use and how organized it keeps myself and my fleets of trucks. At all times my crew chiefs can access their most up to date schedule of jobs and no need for me to call them or text them anything.

I also love the consolidation. I can use it to schedule jobs, dispatch crews, collect invoices and payments. It almost does everything that a business would need.

Cons

I wish that it also included the ability to send out agreements for signature. That is the only thing missing.

Georgia M.

My review?

Reviewed on 08/07/2019

The benefits are storing our projects. I like that it syncs to quick books

Pros

I like the system just wish we could have a lot more options for clients. Texting our customers etc...

Cons

So m,any steps to get what you need done

Ryan M.

Cutting edge software with excellent customer support.

Reviewed on 06/03/2015

Pros

Kickserv's developers are constantly working to improve their software, providing the latest and greatest features, giving our company greater tools for success. Kickserv's technical support is quick to respond to questions and receptive to feature recommendations and requests.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like I am spending too much of my time reporting glitches and asking for improvements. It would be nice if these things were caught quicker without causing delays for our company. Overall, most of the issues are resolved quickly once I do report them.

Don D.

I think you put a product out that has NOT been throughly beta tested.

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

When it work it is great, however I have been on the new system for about six months and it still is not working properly.

Cons

When it works. The app is horrible. But, everyone know that already. You really need to hire outside help to figure out how to permanently fix it once and for all. I have put in numerous requests and have even had Customer support representative
out to my house to discuss the problems. He left with a punch list of about 14 things none of which have been fixed to my knowledge.

Response from Kickserv

Went to customer's place of business and met with him one-on-one. We spoke for a couple of hours on what the issues were. We found some issues that were certainly areas that I made a list of to get addressed by my product manage as well as fixed by the development team. We also discovered a couple processes that were being done incorrectly and I did my best to clear those steps up with the owner of this business as well as his lead field tech.

Edward M.
  • Industry: Furniture

Great for Sales Staff/ Service Staff/ Operations

It has been great!!!

Pros

It is a great front-end for our Sales Staff.
The customer portal is a huge tool.
The work order system works well.

Cons

Wish there was an inventory feature.
More import options would be nice.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Edward. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.