Emma by Marigold Reviews

Emma by Marigold

Write a Review!
Multi-channel marketing that works for you.

3.9/5
3.9/5
4.2/5
4.2/5

• Industry: Facilities Services

Love Emma!!

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Pros

I love the easy to use interface. It is loaded with customization features that makes every campaign recipient feel special. Reporting is also very good. Customer service is AWESOME!!!!

Cons

I wish there was a way to track results by segment.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent enterprise email marketing

Reviewed on 30/08/2018

Overall very positive. The cost is very competitive and most of our divisions and departments are actually paying less through Emma than they were with services like Constant Contact (we do cost-sharing).

Pros

Very robust and meets the need of supporting multiple divisions and user groups. We share branded templates globally to get beginners up and running quickly. Feedback is consistently positive that the system is very, very easy to use. Less support issues overall.

Cons

Small issue but it doesn't support multiple users logged into the same campaign in the way that MailChimp did. If two users both log into the same campaign they could overwrite each others work.

Karl

Be Cautious of Choosing Emma

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

Very bad company to do business with.

Very bad company to do business with.

Pros

Emma email provide very aesthetically pleasing emails while being user friendly. This this product is competitive with other basic email marketing SAAS products such as Constant Contact and Mail Chimp.

Cons

Don't let their sales staff fool you on their upgraded packages. This is a very basic easy to use email service, that's it. Their upgraded packages which claim to add advanced features and automation don't hold a candle to a true email automation SAAS product such as Infusionsoft etc. Their sales account reps make big claims on the capability of the features but when actually using them, the workarounds that you will need to do are tedious. We have been using Emma for many years because of the attractive email layouts and ease of use. When we saw the promises the upgraded tools promised we were very excited. Unfortunately after really diving in, we found that the tools were not capable of effectively executing the processes and automation sequences that we needed. We signed a one year contract on the upgrade and as LONG time customers were reminded of that when asking to be dropped back to our old package. Because of this, we will be cancelling our entire account when the upgraded package expires. It's unfortunate, as we would have continued to be customers for many years to come. It's definitely not worth the price, and I would not recommend doing business with Emma.

Response from Marigold

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with Emma, and thank you for sharing such honest feedback so we can address your concerns. I'm Cliff Corr, Director of Customer Success at Emma and it's very important to me to understand where we could have provided you with a better product and service experience. That way, I can involve the necessary teams to ensure we make changes to better meet your expectations and business needs. If the training you received wasn’t helpful, I'd love to dig into why and ensure we address that on all future trainings. I will reach out to you directly to set up a time to discuss. Thanks again for this feedback.

Rebecca

It is a little more advanced than constant contact, still has the user friendly widgets to...

Reviewed on 06/11/2017

Better looking, more professional templates, more options, better anaylitical properties for response and easier to put together.

Pros

better templates, easy to make templates and you can pay them to create a one-of-a-kind email for your organization.

Cons

it's a little frustrating to have to change the template font to another font. Especially with bullet points. also, you cannot copy and paste into the blocks without creating extra steps.

Shannon
Shannon

Great interface and the team is helpful when you need them!

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

We can streamline our processes for email solicitations, newsletters and use it for both our company and our clients.

Pros

We enjoy the flexibility that we have in their system. We can structure our campaigns differently for each client that we are working with. We use a zapier integration, which has been extremely helpful for us to get the tracking into our internal system.

Cons

There have been a few situations were parts of the platform that we would like to use are in beta and haven't been as easy to use or clear in how we can utilize them to their full capacity.

Brian
Brian
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great for beginners, a nightmare for experienced marketers

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Pros

Easy to set up, import names, and send basic emails

Cons

It does not allow full HTML coding, and is very blocky in appearance and build.

Response from Marigold

Hey, Brian!¿

Thank you for the feedback, though I hate to hear you are experiencing frustrations with the Code Your Own template capability and the editor¿s default block-structured formatting!

We have a very informative set of articles with guides and tips for using this feature that can be found here (https://support.e2ma.net/Special:Search?search=code+your&qid=&path=&fpid=407&fpth=).

These guides and tips should help you break free from the blocky structure you are experiencing in the default editor.

If you need further assistance with any of these features, please feel free to reach out to support directly at support.myemma.com!

• Industry: Legal Services

Emma Marketing Software is Easy and Affordable

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

This product allows me to reach law clients for the personal injury firm I currently work for.

Pros

I began using this software during my current marketing position at a large law firm. We send out large email blasts to our clients from Emma. Emma makes it extremely simple to upload email lists, create campaigns and email a large list of clients. Emma email reports are also a great way to see which clients you're reaching, helping you in your marketing efforts. The pricing is also very competitive with other email marketing software, with their base pro price.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about this software. I haven't experienced any issues with this email marketing software.

• Used for 2+ years

Good product with great customer service

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

Pros

It's intuitive and easy to learn. Allows you to design beautiful emails and newsletters without knowing code. The customer service team is great, and there are great trainings and webinars available.

Cons

Some of the features are more limited than other products. Coming from MailChimp, I wished that I could play around with Emma's templates and code a bit more than what's accessible.

Great Software for Weekly Newsletters

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Pros

You can easily create and send newsletters. I loved the feature where you could see where people were clicking, it was useful for developing a better newsletter.

Cons

There can be a delay with the email going out and it ranges in time. It's not an automatic send out which is irritating when working on a tight schedule.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great email software

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

Great software to send emails. Easy to use, great reporting/analysis, and features to optimize open rates and get through the clutter.

Pros

Easily works with our internal database. We send all of our email communication to alumni through emma. Very easy to use, has great reporting (analysis on email rates - opt outs, open, clicks, etc.), lets you test subject lines, and have emails look like it is coming from a person (will show in inbox as coming from a person) even though its from a general email.

Cons

So far we have had a wonderful experience with Emma and have continued to experiment with all the features it offers.

Kimberly

New Format Needs Improvement

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

You should at least have a customize the group views that the customers can change to their preference. To do some of these changes without notice is ridiculous. People should have the option of seeing things the way we used to, not everyone is like me and I know some people like the new changes. There should be a columns with First and Last Names within the audiences. I can't be searching my larger group of over 4,000 people by email. Also, the search bar should be made available throughout the audience categories and not automatically go into the search. There are times I copy and paste a good email and want to remove a letter because we had it missing and I want to correct the old email. I can't do this anymore. It's been annoying that it seems some of my requests to bring something back won't happen. I don't know about everyone, but when I open one of my groups, I like to see the email, First, and Last name. It helps for when I put in John Doe, that all those named John Doe or with an email of [email protected] appear for me to find the correct one. Not all these emails with no names attached and all I see is [email protected] and [email protected]. This should be an easy fix or at least a way for us to lock our preferred view.

Pros

It's pretty quick. Love the Response area and the breakdowns.

Cons

Some of the changes to the Audience. You should be able to minimum keep the First and Last name showing with the email in the groups and searches.

Nikki
  • Industry: Restaurants

Easy to use and scalable

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

I've enjoyed using Emma as it's super easy to build emails and create segments. I like the automations and landing page aspects as well. There's really a lot of value within the platform that you need to make sure you take advantage of.

Pros

I really like the email editors and ability to create segments based on your data. The Emma team is great about helping set up external APIs in order for your data to get automatically added into their system.

Cons

The price fluctuations can be hard to manage if you're on a fixed budget.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Emma Gives Me More Time

Reviewed on 29/05/2023

Pros

Having Emma set up and automated, means that I only have to sit down a few times a year to create my year of campaigns. The set up and automation process gives me time to focus on my business because I know my welcome emails, birthday emails, and promotional emails are sent without me having to be on top of it.

Cons

There was a small learning curve to get the automation parameters set correctly.

OK Email Platform

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Pros

Fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it. Haven't had any trouble deploying emails once I figured out all the matching of fields to variables and list appending.

Cons

The interface is not the best, didn't find it that intuitive. Seemed to be a bit slower, to get where you want to go. I also thought the way of attaching lists to campaigns was a little clumsy. I also found the templates for emails lackluster, and the ability to customize them a bit ham fisted.

The customer support is hard to find once you are in the site, which is insane. Several times I had to open up a new tab and Google "Emma Help" to find the Support number and section.

Response from Marigold

Hi there! We appreciate you sharing your feedback here, and I hate to hear the the experience you had with the application wasn¿t better. It¿s far from the customer experience we always strive to give. We¿ve been working on making improvements to our infrastructure to improve load times, and we¿re always working toward improving the platform, so hopefully you¿ll be seeing incremental improvements. I¿d love to chat further directly on the specifics around your account if you have specific concerns ¿ you can reach me at (888) 493-2525 or you can always reach the support team via our Support Hub at support.myemma.com .

sarah
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Best in Class IMHO

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

MyEmma makes it easy peasy for this small biz to stay in touch.

MyEmma makes it easy peasy for this small biz to stay in touch.

Pros

It is super easy, looks super pro and we have found to be less buggy and have fewer wtf glitches than others we have used. Great for #smallbusiness.
Customer service is responsive and human, not robotic. Woohoo for that.

Cons

Hmmm, nothing pops up. Miss the live chat customer service,, but, in that "keeping it human" and getting to folks who actually know what they're doing? Yeah, we'll give up live chat which can sometimes take twice as long as you have to get through the "ranks" to someone who has actual knowledge.

Jordan

Show Their Values When You Want to Leave

Reviewed on 26/02/2019

A couple team members were very helpful at first (as a new customer), and the. The support declines once they get you to sign a contract. Currently trying to buy out the contract, but they still won’t cancel us for another 9 months.

Pros

The support seemed helpful at first, and seemed like they had a good integration with Kindful—doesn’t appear to be the case though.

Cons

Not easy to use. Doesn’t seem to compare to other products out there.

They show their true values when you try to cancel.

Response from Marigold

Hi Jordan! I hate to hear you weren¿t happy with the Kindful integration. Kindful both built that integration and manages all of the support for it, and I¿m sure they¿d be open to any feature requests you¿d like to pass along to them directly to help improve their integration going forward.

Since posting this review, I see that you¿re in communication with our billing team on cancelling your account, and that¿s the right team to continue that conversation. Thanks for your feedback!

Nikki
  • Industry: Design

Emma is easy to use for content marketing - email campaigns and automation.

Reviewed on 13/06/2018

Pros

I love how there are many options for customization, including html editing and custom templates. It's also very easy to learn and use.

Cons

Some of the formatting or back end code can interfere with the html sometimes and then things get a little wonky.

Derek
  • Industry: Events Services

Email Marketing Solution

Reviewed on 03/01/2022

Sending outbound emails and personalizing emails to meet cusomer needs based on their experiences.

Pros

Emma offers built-in contents that is reusable, which makes it easy to save time when adding product catalog for marketing.
In addition, it's easy to send outbound emails to customers and alerts us whenever an email is clicked.

Cons

There is no scenario that I have ever faced issues when using Emma.

Bianca

Great Email Marketing Software

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Pros

We handle email marketing for over 50 clients and I like that we are easily able to separate our clients and work on individual accounts. The templates are also very easy to customize and its easy to separate client lists for those who want to send certain emails to certain lists.

Cons

Sometimes when I upload lists I don't believe all the contacts are added. the numbers don't always match and I can't seem to find out why and it's difficult to go back and check. Now I add the emails as I receive them to be safe.

Grant

Emma Review

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Overall, I prefer Emma over the other options I have been presented with. Emma allows you to show the content in a way in which users prefer to consume it. The statistics of the email campaigns is also a huge pro to the Emma platform.

Pros

What I most like about Emma is the ability to add multiple email lists to one email. I've used other email marketing tools that only allow one group to be added to an email campaign. This causes a lot of frustration and having to create multiple different email lists that have mostly the same people, but different variances. Instead, you can divide those groups up to be specific to what that group is and then add them to the email accordingly.

Cons

What I least like about the software is at times some of the premade layouts are difficult to change. For example, I use the calendar icon on most if not all of my campaigns. The default color of the calendar has a red ribbon on the top. I'm unable to change the color of that ribbon to match the other branding of the page and it sticks out in a negative way as a result.

Lacy
  • Industry: Insurance

I love MyEmma

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

Pros

It's very intuitive. I like how you can drag and drop components and it's easy to type in straight text without coding. It's a great tool for many situations. It's easy to use templates saved in the system for regular emails such as newsletters as well.

Cons

Sometimes it's not as flexible as I would like. I can't move a certain component, though I can move others.

Lisa

Excellent

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

Fantastic software and a very helpful team also!

Very good for sending company emails.

Easy to use.

Cons

No undo button.
if you have more than one venue you have to update sender info rather than a drop down option with details saved for footnote

Nancy

Team was very helpful!

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

Pros

Ease of us and the ability to make a newsletter look very professional. Your tech support is very good and I didn't have to wait a long time for the answer.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to remember all the steps for completion and the time zone setting. Wish there was an on chat function for help.

Jeff

Very user friendly with lots of features for marketing and great price

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

I found the program to be very user friendly with applicable features for marketing and the price point is great value, great for the beginner as it allows simple direct and email marketing with tracking

Cons

Really cant think of any cons except that if you are looking for a marketing program that is advanced then this may not be the one for you, that said it is a very effective marketing email platform. This is so much better than Marketo.

She's ok

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

Pros

I like how easy it is to send yourself tests of the emailers you create. The drag and drop tool is straightforward too. Support is pretty helpful and easy to get connected with.

Cons

I don't like if I have to change out an image in an email and a link and metadata are already assigned, the link and metadata automatically clear out and I have to reassign it. Over the years of using it, it seems like it is slow to load and I've used it in a variety of browsers.