SAP Concur

4.3 (2,042)
Write a Review!
Travel, expense and invoice—automated and in control

(2,042)

Daryl Edwine
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Manage business expenses with SAP Concur

Reviewed on 26/03/2023

Pros

Mobility: SAP Concur offers robust mobile applications that allow users to manage expenses from anywhere, making it easier to manage expenses on the go.Integration: SAP Concur can be integrated with other enterprise systems, allowing organisations to use Concur with other applications they already use.Visibility - SAP Concur provides real-time visibility into spend, enabling organisations to better understand their spend and make informed decisions.Spend policy management - SAP Concur enables organisations to create and manage spend policies to ensure compliance and risk management.Customer support - SAP Concur offers outstanding customer support and an active user community that can provide guidance and help resolve issues.

Cons

Cost: SAP Concur can be expensive, especially for small businesses, as it requires an annual subscription and may involve additional costs for training and configuration.Complexity: SAP Concur is a complex system that can take time to master and configure, which may require additional training and support.Customisation limitations: Although SAP Concur offers customisation options, it may be limited in certain situations where organisations require further customisation.Limited integration: Although SAP Concur offers integration options, there may be limitations in integrating with some enterprise systems.Customer support: Although SAP Concur offers customer support, it can sometimes be difficult to get a quick response to a technical issue or question.

Courtney
Courtney

SAP Concur allows us to make better financial decision

Reviewed on 05/04/2023

Our company uses SAP Concur to handle all of its travel and expense requests. It's unique to each trip and gives the Accounts team lots of specifics to double check. Total distance can be calculated using a margin calculator that displays the shortest route using Google Maps.

Pros

In order to keep track of company expenditures, we have adopted SAP Concur. Keeping tabs on costs is greatly simplified. It records every purchase made with our credit cards, notifies its users, and prompts them to submit an expenditure report.

Cons

It's important to note that there are obstacles or restrictions I face when utilizing SAP Concur. For example, the learning curve involved with implementing new software can be steep.

David
  • Industry: Banking

A superb tool for managing expenses and overall costs in a turbulent period of rising costs

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Pros

Ease of use, good layout, features clearly identified on the system.
Really helped keep cost management under control in a time of rising prices and rising expenses as a result. Made accessing the necessary information really easy

Cons

Nothing but positives to say about the tool at present

Chris

Complex and glitchy but better than other options

Reviewed on 07/07/2016

My experience is generally positive - system is up most of the time, things work like they are designed to, etc.

But we have frustrations which seem to be common to most tech companies these days - assumptions are made about how things work in other people's businesses and then tech is designed to meet those assumptions, which may or may not be correct. Then when I try to deal with sales and technical support to meet my needs, I'm told that the system can't do what I want because its not designed that way.

I've managed technology transitions of hardware and software infrastructure for public agencies, professional associations, law firms, and labor unions and in my experience, a technology design team is usually very focused on meeting one or two primary needs such as expense reporting and policy enforcement and will design a system to do that. But very rarely does the team have on the ground experience in how that system will be integrated into the day to day lives of their customers. A sales team might deal with that when sales time comes, but it doesn't seem to be taken into account at the design level and in some cases it may be too late at that point. This has been my primary experience with Concur.

More specifically, data disappears some times - which support claims must be user error because it can't be duplicated on their end. Its possible, but since I've gotten multiple reports of data loss from both tech and non-tech friendly people, I'm not sure that's the whole answer.

In addition, although tech savvy users have no problems with the navigation and features, less tech savvy users struggle significantly. Also, because we have a complex accounting system that cannot be accommodated by Concur reporting, we still have to manually extract the data and enter in spreadsheets to get it into the format we need for accounting system import. I've discussed this issue with a Concur programmer and my account rep and they agree that what I need cannot currently be gotten from the system.

Finally, when things go wrong in the feed between Amex and Concur it just becomes a blame game - its not our fault but theirs - doesn't really get me to a solution.

So, it may be that I have too much work and just wish Concur were able to do more, but I find it limited in its usefulness except for that small group of users for whom it works perfectly.

Pros

All the information is in one place, easy to access from any location, generally customizable. Working on integrating travel which should provide greater value. Generally logically designed and easy to use as an administrator.

Cons

Structure of expense types and cost tracking is too rigid; ability to customize outputs is limited to standard accounting systems. But as a non-profit and a union, I don't have a standard accounting system. I need to be able to report in formats required by the federal government (LM2), the State of California (FPPC/Lobbying Reporting), and my board of directors. But the Concur system doesn't have sufficient flexibility of variables to allow for the generation of the complex account code system we use because of these conflicting reporting needs.

So if anyone ever comes out with an expense reporting software that takes those unique needs into account, I will jump in a second. But no one else has anything better so far.

In addition, the fact that any custom fields I create do NOT integrate with the Concur mobile software means that my users have to enter their data in on the mobile and then go to the desktop and add additional data. Before we used custom fields, they were able to use the mobile system exclusively, but we weren't getting all the information I need. So now we have a hybrid system that requires working on the report twice, once when the receipt is uploaded from their mobile device and then again when they want to add the cost centers and submit the report. Doesn't make my users very happy and costs more in time and effort than no customization.

Receipt management at the accounting review level is also very limited and frustrating. Assumes too much

Brittany
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Industry standard

Reviewed on 14/02/2024

Pros

There are many add on plug ins that are compatible with SAP concur which makes it easy to solve business needs within the same plug in.

Cons

The customer support portal can be slow to respond to urgent issues, even if you pay extra for service assistant to have a dedicated team.

Steffan
Steffan
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Efficient Expense and Travel Management

Reviewed on 23/11/2023

SAP Concur simplifies expense reporting with its robust reporting tools. I do feel however that the user interface needs a real uplift - comparing it to other products i have used it really is not as intuative.

Pros

When onboarding new customers SAP Concur has a seamless integration of expense and travel management. The platform is convenient and accessible and has a wide range of features.

Cons

The user interface is somewhat complex to use. The desktop version is not as intutative as similar products. Concur risks falling behind its competitors.

Reasons for Switching to SAP Concur

Concur is used more widely and has made a name for itself as a leader in its field.
Kyle
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Lots of functionality, TERRIBLE design

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Not enjoyable, very frustrating, and I'd rather not use it.

Not enjoyable, very frustrating, and I'd rather not use it.

Pros

It has a lot of functionality and it integrates very well with the expense tool which is nice.

Cons

It's impossible to use, I get lost, and it's never clear what needs to be done. I end up going through flows to get stuck because some piece of information was missing elsewhere so I have to leave and go back, it doesn't validate any information properly and allows for bad data in profiles...etc.

Destiny
  • Industry: Human Resources

Keep Track

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

I enjoy SAP Concur. It makes tracking expenses a breeze. It also has double authentication to protect your information.

Pros

I like SAP Concur because it allows me to keep track of my expenses and submit them at the end of the month. I log my expenses as they occur over the month and it is easy to just submit. Having electronic submissions for expenses makes everything easier because as a consumer I just have to submit then just wait for my reimbursement.

Cons

SAP Concur can be intimidating at first. Once you become familiar with the software it is easier to navigate but at the start it can be confusing and challenging to understand how to create reports and how to claim reimbursements.

João

Concur review

Reviewed on 14/05/2024

Pros

It's interface is straight to the point and serves it's main purpose

Cons

Could be aesthetically improved in terms of UI

Sree Keerthi
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Track expenses without hastle

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

Great and would definitely recommend to use

Great and would definitely recommend to use

Pros

I like the user interface which is simple and easy to use. Travel booking is made easy and can be added to the reimbursement from the employer easily.

Cons

Mobile app should be improved by making it more easy to track and book travel

Kelsi
  • Industry: Veterinary
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Better quality products out there

Reviewed on 08/03/2022

I implemented Concur in 2017 for our new organization. At the time, it was the best of the best and would integrate with our Regions card system to move us from Expense reports in Excel to a system. However, it all went downhill after that. As we grew and tried to work with Concur, we seemly got more negative feedback from the system and the employees. Every request we had, they would charge us for it. It felt like working with incompetent lawyers, rather than a partner in our expense journey. We switched to a new company in July and couldn't be happier!

Pros

The thing i like most about the software is the name. Everyone knows who Concur is and it makes it easier when bringing new people in to the organization.

Cons

Super dated software. Very clunky and always going down. Not customizable unless you paid extra for it. Every time I asked for data analytics I was told that had to be a custom report and was not included in our reporting package. They were constantly trying to upsell us

Reasons for Switching to SAP Concur

At the time it was because it offered travel and expense management, as well as it would link with our P-Card.
Mohamed Salah
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A Comprehensive Review of SAP Concur

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

Overall, I have been very pleased with SAP Concur. It is a great tool for managing our employee expenses, and I would recommend it to any business looking for an easy-to-use solution.

Pros

SAP Concur has been a great tool for our small business, allowing us to easily manage employee expenses, invoices, and travel. It's easy to use, and the customer service is top-notch.

Cons

The user-interface can be a bit clunky at times, and sometimes it takes a while to find the right feature.

Rose

Not what was described but useful in some aspects for invoice processing

Reviewed on 19/05/2018

It keeps all of our invoices in one place.

It keeps all of our invoices in one place.

Pros

Concur keeps all of our invoices in one place and allows all of our teams to review them without the hassle of invoices getting lost in the abyss of never-ending emails. Allows for comments from each user which can be viewed by all who receive the inv. Inv PDF can be downloaded and replaced, Inv extract captures each invoice line in excel which is useful. Duplicate inv. feature works great when OCR gets inv number right. Ability to edit invoices is great and we can see who changed what and the date using the audit trail but we can't export or capture this info.

Cons

It takes a min of 2 days to get an inv into the system but often takes longer and has taken up to 8, system often duplicates invoices or does not ever show up even though we get confirmation so we can't have them sent directly to concur, OCR sftw is not good, requires manual review. PO's don't work if you have to revise them. PO import also doesn't fully work and retains old info after updated. Thus PO/inv matching is useless. Does not offer inv. tracking so we still manually track them. No way to determine inv time w/ each employee or turnover time in a rept or export due to "system limitations." No useful/functional reporting. Auto routing does not work on project basis so we must manually route. No way to capture approvals w/ inv so we must screenshot every one and attach to PDF download. Can't use approval flows for projects and have to approve through comments and manually route. Employees can't see invoices after passing them to next person so finance still has to manually send copies upon request. System offers restrictions but all employees can access and change these settings eventhough they are not set as an admin and are supposed to have restrictions, which means they could bypass final review by accounting. Employees often chance currency type for other countries not knowing we pay in USD only, we can't lock this so the export fails if we don't catch it and finally; it took almost 4 months to get up and running w/ concur so we didn't even get to use free trial.

Doing expenses can be easy - just takes a bit of a learning curve

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

All in all, Concur does what it is supposed to do. There are a few things you learn over time that make things easier or help you along the way. It's not the most intuitive UI, but I see SAP's progress. So, I'm hopeful this will continue to improve. I've been using that tool now for many years (with 1-4 reports per month - creating and approving), and I have a pretty good system to do the expenses properly and efficiently. There are also more possibilities to help me do my reports. E.g., I would love to have templates for regular expenses. Let's say I expensed a particular bill every month - it would be great if I could mark that as a template and copy a version of that into my following reports - adjusting only the things that changed (e.g., the receipt image or the entry date. That would certainly save me time.

Pros

SAP Concur is pretty standard in the industry for that purpose. It has a few features and functions that can justify that market share. I enjoy the widespread connections between apps I regularly use for business travel (e.g., Lyft, Uber, our travel agency app) and Concur. As soon as my ride is done, there is a new expense available that I can add to my report. Most fields for each item are filled out correctly, so I only need to add the missing items. I also don't need to scan the receipt or attach it somehow. Speaking of connecting - that's the second significant advantage. While doing my expense reports on my desktop computer, I can quickly log onto my mobile app and take a picture of a receipt I don't have digitally - e.g., the bill from my restaurant visit. Both work simultaneously - so I don't get logged out if I use the other channel.

Cons

SAP Concur has improved its UI over the last few years, and it looks a lot more modern than it was before. Still, a few things are a bit old-school—for example, the view of an expense. I also approve reports for my team members, so I must open each expense and check the fields. At this point, this is still the old grayish windows-95-style form with the chained properties. What's possible can be seen when you enter an expense. Here, you see the properties in a somewhat modern design.

Christina
  • Industry: Accounting

Beware

Reviewed on 28/09/2022

Absolutely terrible. They couldn't handle our AP needs, and couldn't even handle their own! We received an invoice for their services 14 months after the service period, several months after we had terminated our services with them. We gave Concur a year and had nothing but struggles with their service.

Pros

The software has the capabilities needed and desired for good AP processing/workflow.

Cons

The SAP Concur staff doing the invoice processing obviously have no idea what they're doing. They are poorly trained. When I called for service or clarification on an issue, nobody was ever able to answer my questions. The only person I spoke with who seemed to understand me was the sales rep. The staff processing our bills clearly didn't know the difference between an invoice and a statement. They don't follow directions. And on countless occasions the software held back checks that were supposed to be mailed out and resulted in deteriorated vendor relationships. When we believed our bills were paid, because we'd processed them and submitted them as approved for payment and received confirmations that checks were cut, we found out from our vendors that they never received payment. I spent more time chasing down what Concur did WRONG than they spent actually processing our bills.

Michael

Very helpful software with many useful features

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

My Overall experience is very positive with this software and I am very thankful to have access to it. This software is a major time saver when submitting, reviewing and processing expense claims.

Pros

The software allows me to sort submitted expense claims by date, currency and location. Within the expense claim the software is very user friendly, allowing the user to select from a wide ranges of expense types, departments, countries and entities. Features such as the automatic foreign currency calculation, mileage calculator and integration with corporate credit cards are very useful for the user and saves alot of time. The software is also very customizable by allowing the admin to change expense types departments, managers and other settings. The admin is also able to view a variety of reports that are very useful as well as features such as expense connect automatic payments and allowing access for the admin to act on behalf of another user.

Cons

The website tends to have periods where it is unavailable and doesn't work. This is usually resolved within a short time and the site returns to normal. Also the customer support for Concur could be improved in my opinion as there have been times I have had issues and they have been unable to help me.

Renaud
  • Industry: Medical Devices

comprehensive and easy to use

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

Overall very good experience and I have seen the product evolve positively over the past 12+ years

Pros

this is the most comprehensive product on the market for expense report and travel booking with easy integration

Cons

The software tends to be expensive with the add on options to the basic set up, such as travel bookings and others
It may seems a bit slow to answer at time and the customization require some work with the SAP team , not always the best at customer service

Reasons for Choosing SAP Concur

Expensify iwas too basic for our needs

better overall solution
Jack
  • Industry: Wireless

New updates increase the time to complete tasks - Expense Reports - Travel

Reviewed on 21/10/2023

Terrible. The new updates have increased the workflow time from users logging in, creating expense reports, approving expense reports, travel, expense report visibility. It all takes much longer to accomplish these steps after the update. The new 2FA is terrible and takes forever to login. Worst case, someone gets my login and what? Creates expense reports on my behalf or books travel for me. The 2FA is totally unnecessary for how we use the tool. Yes, the update looks "fresh" and "clean" but it now takes far longer to move around the webpages and the sizing is way off for laptop users.

Pros

Nothing. The updates have increased the workflow time from users logging in, creating expense reports, approving expense reports, travel, expense report visibility. It all takes much longer to accomplish these steps after the update.

Cons

The new 2FA is a time consuming and not helpful for iPhone users. It should not take more than 30 seconds to log into a webpage but now SAP Concur takes minutes. Also, the updated expense report takes forever now that you removed the feature of adding multiple expenses at once. The size of the page is not suited well for laptops and requires too much scrolling to see the page. Way to many mouse clicks now to move around the webpage. It used to be fast and easy, now it "looks" stylish but requires far more time to move around the webpages.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

An efficient program for submitting travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel

Reviewed on 24/08/2019

Using Concur has made collecting receipts, submitting travel requests, and booking travel so much more efficient than ever before. I come from a background where we use to do everything by paper and getting approvals with signature. With the amount of staff we have, using this electronic system is so much easier.

Pros

Using Concur to submit travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel has been such a time saver from doing things the old fashioned paper way. I like the ability to upload receipts online and the electronic approval process. It is very easy to view a report history of what was submitted as a reference. With the Concur App, you can also take pictures with your phone and upload receipts automatically to your account. This is helpful especially for those who lose receipts all the time. You can also forward e-receipts to your account by email. Our company also uses the booking travel feature - what I like most is the ability to see the cheapest airfare available through a matrix. Once your airfare is booked, you can easily add a rental car and hotel to the travel request.

Cons

Concur has many features, which can take some time to learn. Fortunately through experience, I was able to help my staff solve some of the issues when they come to me. I think this is due to having some many features and not be able to learn them all at once. There are many shortcuts that staff may not be aware of such as allocated expenses in bulk, rather one at a time.

Collin

Spend and Travel Management Solver

Reviewed on 29/05/2023

I have been able to benefit a lot with SAP Concur from vendor payments to invoicing.

Pros

SAP Concur makes it super easy and rapid to create and customize invoices.Spend and travel management is another great aspect about this tool.

Cons

For years now, I rarely encounter drawbacks when carrying out accounting tasks with SAP Concur on a daily basis.

Chloe
  • Industry: Events Services

Submit expenses instantly

Reviewed on 10/02/2019

As part of the SAP suite, the Concur Expense platform ties in perfectly with the other SAP solutions. From a Finance perspective, this simplifies reporting and journaling processes and makes it almost automatic.

Pros

The SAP Concur Expense platform removes all of the excuses when it comes to expense claims. Lost or illegible receipts, late claims - Concur handles it all. The platform can accept receipts by upload, direct email or via the mobile app. There really is no excuse for not being able to instantly submit an expense. The accompanying mobile app is great for employees that travel regularly. There's no need to keep a stack of paper receipts. Simply take a picture of the receipt as soon as you receive it and Concur will analyse it, upload it and assign it to the appropriate charge code, ready for approval and submission.

Cons

There are times when the platforms struggles to identify the details on a receipt - the date, amount, item purchased. Given the varied nature of receipts, however, this isn't the norm and having to manually adjust an entry every now and then is a pretty good compromise.

One of the features of Concur is that it will automatically assign the type of purchase to a receipt. For example, if you purchase a coffee from a café it will assign this as a Food & Beverage expense. While that's true, that may not be how every organisation categorises that expense. This requires the user to review each and every upload to ensure that the various fields have been assigned per organisation procedures not be the Concur default.

MARGARITA

Love Concur's Smart Audit Functions

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Pros

The expense management side of it and the option to provide our company policy list to Concur to implement into audit rules / flagging policy exceptions/

Cons

Wish the reporting was more robust and integrated better with Intacct without going through third-parties like Wipfli.

• Industry: Wholesale

SAP Concur - Expense Management from a Business User Perspective

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

Overall, SAP Concur Expense management fits what our company is expecting from it.

Pros

Concur is a great way for a company to manage employees' expenses. You can customize and input your own controls to ensure that employees cannot take advantage of the system and that any fraudulent activity is prevented.

Cons

The one part that SAP Concur could improve upon is that they could provide more flexibility with the missing receipt affidavits. At our company, we require employees to have itemized receipts along with the credit card receipt to verify the legitimacy of their purchase. If an employee is missing one of them, they can attach the receipt that they have, but cannot create a missing receipt affidavit for the one they are missing.

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara

Is SAP Concur the Right Travel and Expense Management Solution for Your Business?

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

SAP Concur is a good choice for businesses looking to automate and streamline their travel and expense management processes. Its range of features and integrations can help businesses manage and track employee travel and expenses more efficiently, while its advanced security measures provide a secure and reliable platform for conducting transactions. However, it may not be the best choice for businesses that do not have a high volume of travel and expense activity or those that are not willing to invest the time and resources required to set up and customize the platform.

Pros

SAP Concur is a travel and expense management platform that helps businesses automate and streamline their travel and expense processes. It offers a range of features and tools to help businesses manage and track employee travel and expenses, including support for booking travel, creating and approving expense reports, and integrating with popular accounting and HR systems. SAP Concur is abale to automate and streamline travel and expense management processes. This platform helped us to reduce the time and resources they spend on manual travel and expense tasks, freeing up more time to focus on other areas of our business. Platform's integrations with popular accounting and HR systems, such as QuickBooks and Workday, which makes this a Powerful System.

Cons

According to the experience, this platform may be expensive, especially for businesses that have a high volume of travel and expense activity.

• Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Concur is a four letter word with most people at my institution

Reviewed on 29/09/2021

Pros

It lets me log in easily most of the time.

Cons

concur is a bad word or dreaded verb for most people who have to do reconciliation and expense requests at my workplace. we are not sure if our version is formatted/layed out/compiled specifically for us or if all other companies have the same problems. admittedly everyone hates accounting for their purchases. and you already asked and made sure it was okay to spend money from the budget. then you have to create an expense request ( paper trail / auditing document ) so that you can then buy something. then after you buy it and finally get a bill/receipt you go into concur to settle things up. but when you go to grab the request to link it to the autopopulated transaction, you have to look closely to see the little blue link that allows you to link the receipt to the request to the purchase. if you miss it on one page it doesn't appear easily in the expense report page. so when you get a new notification with a new expense, it is more linkable to go find your original request to link it to a new report expense to create a new report file and autoload the expense and attach your receipts. it would be nice if their were more cross links from expense to request that were more up front.