Genially

Visual communication and content creation tool

2.9/5
3.2/5
3.4/5
2.7/5

16 Software options

Silfrido G.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

The best tool for your interactive content

Reviewed on 12/01/2019

Excellent, for the versatility of their designs and the novelty for my presentations.

Pros

I like the ease of the designs, the templates and their animations that make my presentations more interactive, as well as the synchronization in the cloud.

Cons

I only see as limiting the Internet connection, which should be optimal to ensure the support of content designs in the cloud.

• Industry: Biotechnology

Doesn't save your work

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

I bought this for a group project, and every time someone else opened it, it deleted the previous persons work. We ended up moving to PowerPoint. I asked for a refund and was told that I'm not supposed to be sharing my account, even though there is a "Share" function, all 3 of us were working on separate accounts, and two of us had actually purchased student accounts.

Unless you're planning on doing the entire presentation in one go, with no possible way for info to be deleted, it's unusable. Don't buy it.

Pros

It's a good interface and would work well if it saved.

Cons

It doesn't consistently save your work, which makes it basically unusable.

Joseph manuel B.
  • Used for Free Trial

If you need a presentation, Geneally is for you

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Of all the presentation software, Geneally has been
one of the best that I have been able to use, since it has a great variety of templates, both
professionals, as informal and oriented towards greater interactivity.
It has a great advantage in the market and more for its easy
use, so you can learn to use it in a very
easy. Highly recommended.

Pros

- Lots of editing tools.
- It has many animations.
- Many opportunities to create a nice presentation and
eye-catching.
- High professionalism
- Exceptional graphic quality.
- Very cheap and convenient.

Cons

- Has some problems with audio playback,
depending on the quality of the recording.

- It has great packages, but few templates for the freemium version.

Response from Genially

Hi Joseph, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We love hearing that you enjoy using Genially for your presentations!

Ana del v H.

good tool to make presentations more interactive without having to make software installations.

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

the main benefit was to be able to make presentations and infographics with several interactive elements in a collaborative way in a very visually pleasing way and be able to share it easily in other websites and social networks.

Pros

It allows to make presentations, infographics and didactic resources endowed with interactivity for free.
You can work collaboratively with other users simply by inviting them with the email address with which they are registered in the application.
the editor is easy to use, the elements are placed by dragging and dropping.
You can share what you have done through the most popular social networks such as facebook, twitter and g +, in addition to which you can insert as iframe or script in other pages.
The free plan does not limit the number of creations you can make or the number of elements you can include.

Cons

to download the video resulting from your creation you must hire the pro plan that is paid, also to customize the logo, the loader and the seo tags.
the animations of the elements do not have the clear synchronization options, they are limited in comparison of products like powerpoint.
in the edition the functionality of the blocking of elements must be used because if an element is deleted it can not be recovered with the undo option.
the names of the elements in the layered design mode makes it difficult to identify them because the same names are repeated without an automatic numbering.

Theo S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Genially, what a great surprise

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

Excellent. So far I love it and I think it's gonna help me a lot with the promotion that I need.

Pros

I was looking for an easy software for designs etc. and I happened to find genially on the Net. I like it's ease of use and its features and all that it has to offer for free. Also the Pro version is not that expensive so I am thinking about it.

Cons

I would like that it can interact with other programs especially email managers, which I am using a lot. Like SendinBlue.

Arman A.
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used for Free Trial

Genially?

Reviewed on 13/04/2019

Pros

This software has several functions, not only creating presentations but also one can create his own brand logo or get some inspiration from the respective section with such content of templates. One can use either simple one coloured backgrounds or images which are of great quality. There can be added also interactive elements such as buttons, social media icons and so on, all of good quality.

Cons

Now about cons which this software has: only some part of the templates are free and generally apart of templates there are also some features that are not offered for free, but the greatest con is that you can't save your presentations, which is a premium feature.

April joy M.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Versatile and easy to use

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Superb product! Highly recommended.

Pros

It's ahead of the game. I love this tool and I use the free version in creating dynamic, responsive content.

Cons

I hope we can link texts on a page without having to use the interactions.

Maria R.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Awful Customer Service

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

Really bad

Pros

It looks good but some basic functionalities don't work as they should

Cons

There functionalities not working properly when downloading the infographic to a pdf (p.e. bullets going out of format and images overlapping letters and moving from the original place). The company didn't help, didn't acknowledge there was a problem on their side and didn't offer a refund. Really bad customer service for a company that is starting when their competitors are happy to really help and provide support.

Response from Genially

Hello,

We're sorry that you were displeased with the support received. I have reviewed your conversation with our support team. We need to be able to see your geniallys in the case that any problems have occurred to be able to compare the originals with the PDF version, otherwise it's not possible for us to see when there's a real problem or what might be causing it. Because you deleted those geniallys before sending us your complaint, making this comparison wasn't possible. Regardless of whether you choose to switch tools, which is an option open to everyone, it is a good idea to keep your originals when asking a support team for help. Have a nice day, and thanks for your feedback.

Mario H.

Not accommodating customer service

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

Pros

The tool has a lot of features and seems to have a diverse set for many purposes.

Cons

When I forgot to quit my subscription just a few days ago, they refused to give me a partially refund and pointed out, that I agreed their terms and conditions. I am not used to this kind of customer service in such a high price level software, so I would really be careful with this company.

Response from Genially

Hi Mario,

I'm sorry you are unhappy with the customer service you received. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide refunds to clients who cancel after the renewal period.

Melissa S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Product for Trainings

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

Amazing, just the product I needed to create interactive and visually pleasing training programs and presentation.

Pros

Genially is very easy to use (the UX of the platform is great) and the different type of options to create are vast. I'm using this tool to create trainings and then integrate that into our LMS and I'm able to do things quickly and have them looking really professional.

Cons

The permissions and rights are a bit complicated especially if you need to work on a document at the same time. I find it hard to transfer files between users and teams and then I learned I needed to change my plan.

Response from Genially

Hi Melissa,

Thank you so much for your kind words about Genially!

At the moment it's not possible for more than one user to be editing a genially at the same time (consecutive edition of a genially is possible), but we're working on offering this feature in the future. In any case, you can mark a genially as reusable or send a copy (premium feature) to work collaboratively in Genially.

It's great to hear that you're happy working with the tool, we hope you'll continue to enjoy creating incredible interactive content with us and encourage your friends, family and colleagues to do the same

Daniela M.

this tool allows to create attractive visual content for social networks

Reviewed on 04/08/2018

It really is more its positive characteristics, because it allows you to create presentations and visual material of high quality and like a professional

Pros

the best advantage is that it allows you to create presentations, publications and attractive and professional visual content if you do not use advanced design tools you can also give life to your ideas and leave a good impression on people who visit your website or see your work

Cons

there are very few disadvantages one of them could be that sometimes visualize the content of my publications on the cell phone may be inconvenient because they seem to be not adapted and I must change the configuration to view the files

Kristina L.

Most beautiful ingenious tool for creating interactive content

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

I love working with it. Fun and engaging. I love creating graphics (interactive or not) with Genially. I don't have to worry that it won't look good because it will.

Pros

I LOVE the designs, colors and animations. It's visually very appealing, clean and cute.

Cons

I don't know what I like the least. I could name something I don't use as much but I really like everything. Genially is the all-in-one tool.

Response from Genially

Hi Kristina,

Thank you so much for your kind words about Genially! It's wonderful to hear that you're happy working with the tool, we hope you'll continue to enjoy creating incredible interactive content with us and encourage your friends, family and colleagues to do the same

Jouanel P.
  • Industry: Farming
  • Used for 6-12 months

Attention genially n'est pas là pour vous offrir des services

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Attention genially prend vos coordonnées bancaires pour faire des prélèvement sans votre approbation. Et cette société ne vous remboursera pas. J'en ai fait l'expérience. C'est la démonstration qu'ils ne sont pas là pour un commerce de service mais bel et bien pour prélever de l'argent dans la limite de la légalité.
(pas sûr que ce soit bien légal de prélever de l'argent sans autorisation)

Pros

Ce logiciel est très simple d'utilisation.

Cons

Ce logiciel n'a pas assez de fonctionnalités.

Response from Genially Translate to English

Hi Jouanel, I'm sorry you've had a negative experience with Genially. We would never seek to draw money illegally from anyone's account. You would simply need to cancel your plan or renewal to no longer be charged, as with any other plan.

Corinne M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Arnaque

Reviewed on 29/08/2021

Voleur pour garder en mémoire la carte bleue sans demander l’avis au principal intéressé et on se retrouve avec un prélèvement qui vient de nulle part détestable

Pros

Applications coûteuse, arnaque, aucun mail pour vous prévenir d’un futur prélèvement et je me retrouve avec un abonnement à l’insu de mon plein gré…. C’est lamentable ne donner surtout pas votre CB

Cons

Lamentable arnaque vous profiter des données et des saisies d’une année sur l’autre sans aucun aucune possibilité de se désengager

Response from Genially Translate to English

Bonjour Corinne,
Merci pour votre retour, qui nous permettra d'améliorer nos services dans le futur.

En effet, comme indiqué dans nos Conditions de Ventes, mais aussi lors du règlement du plan premium, le renouvellement est automatique. De plus, en poursuivant votre achat vous refusez explicitement à vos droits de rétractation.
- https://genial.ly/terms

Néanmoins, vous êtes libre de résilier votre souscription à tout moment, ainsi, éviter le renouvellement automatique et supprimer automatiquement vos données bancaires dès votre retour au plan FREE.
- https://intercom.help/geniallysupport/fr/articles/3542566-resilier-votre-souscription

N'hésitez pas à nous contacter si besoin.

Sophie S.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 1-5 months

Genially est une arnaque totale

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

aucun support d'aide et un statut pretium qui ne me sert à rien à part avoir payé une fortune ( paiement automatique ATTENTION avant de choisir vos options car une fois sélectionnée cette dernière est facturée ...le paiement est automatique donc irreversible :)) ! en gros vous n'avez pas le choix....arnaque totale !

Pros

aucun c'est une arnaque totale / débutants abstenir si vous ne voulez pas perdre de l'argent sans avoir l'occasion de vous servir de ce logiciel trop compliqué et ZERO aide proposée

Cons

trop cher et assez malhonnête avec le client

Response from Genially Translate to English

Bonjour Sophie,
Nous vous remercions de nous avoir contactes et sommes desoles de constater votre insatisfaction.
Cependant, sachez que tous les utilisateurs de Genially ont acces sans interruption a toutes nos ressources d'aide a l'utilisation de l'outil, accessibles 24/7:
- le Centre d'Aide (avec plus de 100 articles sur l'utilisation de l'outil)
- la Genially Academy (gratuite et avec des cours pour tous les niveaux)
- la chaine Youtube (webinaires)
De plus, vous etes libre de pouvoir contacter notre equipe de Support disponible du Lundi au Vendredi a l'email [email protected]
Enfin, concernant votre situation, sachez qu'il est indique lors de la souscription que le renouvellement est automatique mais que vous pouvez resilier a tout moment avant la date de reconduction tacite.
Merci d'avance pour votre comprehension.
Cordialement,
Genially Team

Núria T.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Pésimo servicio al cliente

Reviewed on 25/11/2021

Pésima. La empresa no es capaz de satisfacer las quejas de sus clientes.

Pros

Del software no me ha gustado nada, porque me parece muy poco intuitivo. Lo contraté para realizar un trabajo y contraté un plan económico mensual. Mi sorpresa fue ver que se me había cobrado un año entero y me pareció caro para el uso que le doy, que es ninguno. Al querer darme de baja, compré por error otro paquete de forma automática, sin que se avisara a que estaba procediendo a una compra. El servicio de atención al cliente no acepta la devolución del segundo y me obligan a la vinculación de un año a una empresa en la que no puedo confiar. En total he pagado 200 euros por una orla que quedó a medias.

Cons

Todo, me parece poco intuitivo, cuando quieres utilizar una plantilla aparecen siempre las ofertas de planes que confunden al usuario.