Genially

Visual communication and content creation tool

4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.1/5

Pascual

The best way to reach your colleagues, let's use Genial.ly

Reviewed on 06/08/2022

An extraordinary multiplatform application, as it is accessible from the cloud it is very easy to use, especially since it is 100% in the cloud, it does not depend on a specific operating system, which makes it extremely useful when making a presentation by For example, on a Tablet connected to a Smart TV, we only need Internet access and that's it, we can create presentations more oriented to the style of "telling stories", which currently set the trend.

Pros

Multiple uses in our organization, with the possibility of adding interactivity mechanisms and content layers to capture attention through the tendency to tell stories to the audience without the need to program, in addition to being able to incorporate audio and video without problems, which which gives us greater projection. In addition, the buttons of the main social networks can be incorporated or the link can be sent by email so that the content is accessible from a single place.

Cons

Possibly it would be super interesting to be able to download and use more templates in the free version. The functionality of 'Genial.ly' is based on the possibility of having an Internet connection, in addition to the fact that the use of the templates is associated with the contracted plan. The animation section is really very good, however there are other applications such as Powtoon that have focused a little more on interactive handling such as video presentation

Response from Genially

Hi Pascual,

Thank you for your 5 star review of Genially and helping to share the word about us, we are very appreciative of your kind words.

The possibility to download a genially is only available with the purchase of a premium plan and you can view your interactive content offline by downloading in HTML format. Some templates are only available for premium users but a range of templates are available for FREE users too. We have recently released the possibility to download a genially in video format for users with certain premium plans.

In any case, we thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve the tool for everyone. We hope that you continue to create amazing interactive content with our tool in order to generate the Wow effect with your audience.

Natalia

Part of my life App!

Reviewed on 24/07/2022

Pros

Genially is the most used app in my everyday life, work and classes. I use it with pedagogycal purposes and I also use it to communicate ideas. It's visual, simple and attractive!

Cons

That it does not work well on tablets or cellphones

Response from Genially

Hi Natalia, many thanks for your 5 star review!

We are happy to see that you have discovered many ways in which you can use Genially. For education, for personal projects, for work, for business and many more, it is a great tool to create beautiful and interactive content online.

We would definitely like to know more about your experience on mobile devices, feel free to reach out to [email protected] Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Chrysanthos
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

The most gamified tool

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

Genially is one of the best presentation software I have ever used. It has a big variety of templates both professionals and informal and is oriented toward greater interactivity and gamification. It offers a great advantage in the market and more for its ease of use. In conclussion, I love this tool. I create projects for my lessons and my students love it.

Pros

Maybe the tool that applies gamification as a learning approach the most. The are several attractuve thematic temlate which you can use. For example the escape rooms are very nice for students. In addition, there is a rich media library and a large selection of bacround images. The feature of animation is also important for creating interactive material. To close the pros, I think that there is simply no other tool out there that can deliver this level of gamified lessons.

Cons

There are no real conc. Maybe the lack of real-time collaboration is the only thing I wish Genially had.

Response from Genially

Hi Chrysanthos,

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review of Genially, and helping to share the word about us. We are very appreciative of your kind words and hope that you continue to create amazing interactive content with our tool in order to generate the Wow effect with your audience. Your feedback helps us to improve the tool for everyone.

Arzu
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Makes Your Content Entertaining and Engaging

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

As a marketer, Genially makes my work much more interactive and enjoyable. With its easy-to-use interface, it is possible to create interesting and entertaining content in a very short time. It's amazing how easy it is to enrich your presentations with infographics.

Pros

The biggest advantage for me is to be able to create professional visual content and make my presentations fun and interesting in a short time.

Cons

In my opinion, the features are quite sufficient as its purpose is fast and easy to use. Otherwise, we would have to use a more technical tool, and it makes things more complicated. As far as I can see, it is not possible to collaborate with our teammates on projects yet, it would be nice to be able to do that.

Response from Genially

Hi Azru! Thank you for your 4 stars review, we are really glad to hear that Genially helped you creating interactive and enjoyable content for your work, we really hope and encourage you to create more and more!!
In Genially, we're always trying to improve our tool in different ways, and we know that teamwork is crucial, we will work on improvements on the collaboratives aspects of Genially. Keep rocking!

Estela
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Excelent

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Pros

I have used this software for a long time and I have seen how it has been incorporating some sections and capabilities that make it my favorite and the way it can be embedded in an educational platform is incredible

Cons

Sometimes I have difficulty seeing it on the cell phone

Response from Genially

Hi Estela,

As you rightly point out, Genially offers the flexibility to be embedded in third party tools via HTML code or you can embed third party content within Genially.

With regard to your comments about viewing content on a cell phone, it's important to note that content created in Genially adapts to the size of the screen on which it's displayed. For the best results on a mobile device, we recommend personalising the canvas size in pixels to reflect the size of the screen upon which the content will be viewed.

In any case we thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve the tool for everyone.

James

Best Content Creation Tool Hands-Down

Reviewed on 14/03/2022

Pros

As a Digital Learning Coach in the K-12 environment, Genially is my go-to any time I create content. Spending a little bit of time exploring the tool should make it obvious why. There is simply no other platform out there that can deliver this level of sleek, professional, engaging results with such a minimal time commitment and no special skills necessary. Every time I present using Genially, the general audience consensus is "WOW" every single time, and I always have people asking what tool I used. While Genially is great in many ways, I think the best thing it offers is the sheer number of customizable templates. There are literally hundreds, many of them free, and that number is constantly growing. Speaking of free, the free version of Genially is more than sufficient for someone just trying it out, unlike some other tools where the free version is so limited you are forced to pay just to use it properly. I use Genially so often and recommend it to so many people that I was invited to be a Genially Ambassador, which has provided me the opportunity to get to know some of the people working for the company. Every single one of them has been fantastic. Professional, talented, hardworking, passionate, kind, and with a growth mindset that constantly drives them to make Genially better and better. When you have the best team, you're going to deliver the best results, and Genially has most definitely figured that out.

Cons

The only area of improvement I can think of is one I know Genially is already addressing, and that is a lack of real-time collaboration. At the present time, only one person can be working in a Genially at a time. However, I have heard that Genially plans to release the RTC feature within the next month or two, so this concern will soon be a moot point.

Response from Genially

Hi James,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

We are happy to know that your audience is always amazed by the content you create with Genially. Our templates are a great way to achieve great results while using very little time. We are always listening to our community's suggestions on templates and adding more options to fit different uses.

Regarding real-time collaboration, it is a feature in the works that will be released this year. Stay tuned!

We are very thankful to have your support as an Ambassador and hope you can continue creating amazing content with Genially.

Hilary

Genially Helps Make Learning Fun and Engaging

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

Pros

Genially has been a game-changer for me. I can make digital escape rooms that are engaging and fun for the students. Many templates are available, but I often create other backgrounds and images to create the escape. Genially makes it easy and seamless!

Cons

There is a definite learning curve, and it takes a little practice to understand how things work. I would like a better search/tutorial for the program.

ThingLink

Reasons for Choosing Genially

It is much easier to use and works seamlessly with most elementary school computers.

ThingLink

Response from Genially

Hi Hilary,

Thank you for your 5 star review of Genially, it's wonderful to hear that you're able to make use of the tool to create engaging content for your students and we're sure they appreciate your efforts!

Regarding your comments about the learning curve, like any tool it can take some practice to make the most of the different features available. However we endeavour to make the features of Genially as user-friendly as we can and are always open to feedback from users to make improvements in this regard.

Genially's Help Center has around 150 tutorials in English, French and Spanish and we also offer free short courses in Genially Academy for users to master the tool as well as obtain certificates when the courses have been completed. Our YouTube channel also has webinars which can be viewed at any time.

Here are the links to the Support Center and Genially Academy which we hope will help you:

Ksenija

I really love Genially

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

Genially saved me and helped during distance learning classes. I managed to organize the whole class with the offered or my own templates. Great possibilities for embedding various contents, interesting animations and interactive elements kept the attention of my students.

Pros

Genially has very attractive templates. I work at the school and I can always offer new interesting contents to my students. Learning and practicing is a joy and a challenge for them. They love quizzes and the Escape room, learn easily with presentations and enjoy exploring interactive images. With Genially, complete classes can be organized with all the necessary facilities. It's easy to insert pictures, music and videos. Animation of objects gives dynamism, prolongs attention and arouses children's curiosity. I love Genially because I can create my own templates, and it is possible to download individual parts from already created templates. I like the large selection of backgrounds for the site. I like that it's easy to copy and delete objects or pages.

Cons

The only downside is that I don’t have feedback on the success of the quiz tasks solved. I solve this problem by embedding (example) Google Forms on the page. Sharing templates is easy, but it would be good if it was possible to automatically generate a QR code in the tool itself.

Response from Genially

Hi Ksenija,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

We are glad that Genially can help you organize and create your class material, so that you can build great contents for your students. The templates are very easy to use and it is great to see that you have discovered the many ways in which you can use and combine our templates, as well as create templates of your own.

Regarding the tracking of the completion of your creations, we have recently released SCORM downloads, so you can track the progress of completion via an LMS.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! There are some external tools that allow you to generate QR codes, however we will keep it in mind as a suggestion for future additions.

We hope you can continue using Genially while discovering new ways of creating animated and interactive content!

Megan

One Stop Shop

Reviewed on 14/03/2022

I use Genially on a daily basis as a Digital Learning Coach. I help teachers create meaningful lessons that leverage technology. My teachers and our students love using Genially.

Pros

Genially is a one stop shop when it comes to digital learning tools. It allows both teacher and student to create meaningful learning experiences in a variety of ways without the hassle of learning new tools. You won't find a better platform out there!

Cons

Genially is a learning curve at first but once you master how to use it, you won't go back to anything else.

Response from Genially

Hi Megan,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

We strive to be the go-to app for interactive content creation. Our library of resources and templates serve as a base and inspiration to let your creativity flow. Then you can add animations and interactivity. Integrations are also just a couple of clicks away. The possibilities are endless!

It is great to know that you can create truly meaningful learning experiences with the tool and we invite you to keep discovering all that the tool can offer you and your audience!

Agnieszka
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Genially is my favourite ICT tool

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

I create Geniallys almost every day. I use them as a library teacher and a teacher trainer. It's one of main tools that I use in social media.

Pros

I use Genially every day as a teacher, teacher trainer, social media influencer and basically I can use it for any occasion and visualise in Genially all my concepts. It's an innovative multitool. It's not just a platform that allows you to create amazing, interactive and animated presentations. It allows you to create all kinds of interactive, engaging and animated content like digital board games, instructional units, escape rooms, infographics and much more. I also love all amazing integrations e.g. with Microsoft, Google, Wakelet etc.

Cons

I'd like to have more templates but I think I'm just greedy. They are adding new stuff al the time. It would be great to make some improvements in coworking in the same Genially at the same time.

Response from Genially

Hi Agnieszka,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

It is great to see that you use the tool for all types of content creation. With Genially, the possibilities are endless and Presentations is just one of the multiple formats our users can create with the tool as you mention.

We constantly release new templates and you can filter them by "New only" so you can check out the new releases.

At the same time, we are working on a new version to bring collaborative work to the next level this year. Stay tuned!

Kathi

Genially: THE Premier Digital Creation Solution

Reviewed on 08/03/2022

Profound! When I share or present with a Genially, the engagement factor is more impactful than any other software I've used. I sometimes embed a Genially in a Word doc and just marvel at the reactions I get from recipients...they LOVE everything about the attractive graphics and interactive features. Genially is definitely a "hook" when trying to capture attention of a new customer, drive interest with interactive multlimedia consumers, or delight an audience during a presentation.

Pros

Absolutely stunning graphics, highly engaging interactive features, variety of types of things I can create, ease of use, and the ability to stop using (and paying for) several other platforms that only do parts of what Genially can do - Genially has all the features I need.

Cons

I'm waiting for the soon-to-be released synchronous collaboration feature, and I'm also looking forward to advancements in accessibility.

Response from Genially

Hi Kathi,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

Interactivity and animations are definitely a great way to capture your audience's attention and keep them engaged. We are glad that you have discovered many of the possibilities you can build with the tool. Integrations are a couple of clicks away which helps to take your content to a new level!

Regarding accessibility we appreciate your feedback and it is duly noted for our team.

The new Genially version for Teams is coming up this year. We are thankful for your interest and invite you to subscribe to our Newsletter for updates on this feat.

We look forward to seeing the amazing content you can keep creating with Genially!

Leeann

Genially is a great tool for educators

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

Pros

Genially makes it so easy to become a content creator without having to know coding or programming. The interactivity is amazing.

Cons

It's not so easy to collaborate with others simultaneously

Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Switching to Genially

I like the ease of creating interactivity and the number of templates to select from.

Response from Genially

Hi Leeann,

Thank you for your 5 star review of Genially, it's brilliant to hear that you're making incredible interactive content with us. We offer over 1000 templates within the Editor as well as the Blank creation option for those who wish to let their creativity run wild.

Regarding your comments about the ease of collaboration with others, we're working on making it easier to collaborate with other users in Genially later on this year.

For the moment there are still several options open to users to collaborate using Genially. First of all, the add collaborator feature available for all users allows for up to 200 people to work on a single creation (not simultaneously at the moment).

We also offer the reuse option so that users can obtain a copy of a genially and modify it in accordance with their needs as well as the premium feature of sending an independent copy. All of these features can be combined in order to work collaboratively in Genially. Hope this helps!

Seth
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Genially is TOP TIER

Reviewed on 08/03/2022

Genially helps me to create interactive images, stunning presentations, and other beautiful media. I love it.

Pros

Genially is incredibly easy to use, but does not lack in power and functionality! The media library and the templates put Genially FAR ahead of other companies that offer (somewhat) similar products. With animations and interactivity included in Genially, I would choose this program over just about any other in existence. There is also a dedicated community of fellow users, and on the rare occasion that you might need support, Genially's support team has been incredible in my experience.

Cons

There is very little that I dislike about Genially. In fact, the only thing that I can think of is not really a "con," but more of a reason to upgrade. When you upgrade to the Pro account, you get so much more access to media, templates, etc. That said, you can do a LOT with the free version.

Response from Genially

Hi Seth,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

We are more than happy to be your #1 choice for creating amazing content. The Genially community is also a great inspiration in many ways, from their stories to the creations they have built with the tool and the help they offer to their fellow users we couldn't be more thankful for it.

Your feedback regarding comments is appreciated! As you mention, the possibilities within the Free plan are quite a lot, and we have different levels of subscriptions in an effort to make it accessible to as many people as possible.

We look forward to seeing you keep creating amazing content. Keep rocking!

gema

my Lovely Apps, just like me love my self

Reviewed on 09/03/2022

Genially is a very fun, easy to use, and friendly app. I loved genially from the beginning I got to know this app. Everything is so easy, it does not require second thought in creating or designing a presentation. Everything I needed was there, interactivity, video, embed apps, everything. How can I not love this app?
I also introduced this app to some friends at other schools, and to teachers in my country in the form of webinars. And do you know? They love this app as much as I do. We started to make a community, and joined it. Learn together, share experiences with each other. It's so much fun

Pros

An easy-to-use application. simple but classy, elegant and perfect

Cons

It would be very more satisfying if genially provided features that integrate with the performance of student assessments.

Response from Genially

Hi Gema,

Thank you for your 5 start rating!

We are so happy to hear that you and your friends have built a community of your own with the use of Genially. It is amazing how interactive content can bring us together.

It is very important for us to make it as easy as possible for the educational community to use the tool and get the most out of it. We have recently released SCORM package downloads for LMS integrations that should help you in keeping track of your student's progress through the materials. You can also integrate external apps to collect answers as well.

We have taken note of your feedback and hope that these tips can help you for this purpose. Keep rocking!

Ebru

Genially made me to choose my way in education.

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

I'm using game based learning in my lessons. So It helped me a lot. After my workshops people who is working in a big companies they made their company presentations with Genially.

Pros

I don't know programming so Genially was a perfect choice for me. It was very easy to manage and visuality was just for me! And now I have been using it over 2 years and I'm so happy that I could meet with Genially.

Cons

Everything is easy only thing is that I can say making a leader board is can be integrated.

Response from Genially

Hi Ebru,

Thank you for your 5 star review of Genially, it's wonderful to hear that you're creating amazing interactive content with our tool, we're sure your students appreciate your efforts too!

Genially is always open to suggestions from users about additional features they'd like to see added to the tool, and we've passed on your suggestion of a leader board to our team to continue improving Genially in all aspects. You can send us any other ideas you have for new features to [email protected]

As a workaround solution, you may wish to embed a third party tool via HTML code which allows you to create leaderboards from answering questions etc. Hope this helps!

Simona

Genially addictive!

Reviewed on 12/03/2022

As a teacher, I use Genially in class and it helps me a lot. I will list what helps me and what I discovered by implementing:
-create teaching resources
-I capture students' attention using Genially interactive images
-I did the planning on the platform and it was a faster process than in the physical format.
-I organize myself easier
-these are escape games from which they start and challenge the students to solve various tasks
-I created worksheets with digital completion, etc.

Pros

Genially it is extremely easy to use, it has a beautiful interface and many features, but I love that it is interactive.

Cons

There are no things I don't like. Genially is too good to find something.

Response from Genially

Hi Simona,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

It is great to see that you have discovered the many uses that you can give to the tool. From planning to organizing your tasks and projects, and creating amazing interactive content, you can do it all!

We invite you to keep creating amazing content with Genially to share with your audience. Keep rocking!

Justyna

Just Genially

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

If you want to impress your students - Genially is for you!

Pros

I have been using Genially for over four year now and this app can still surprise me! Everything, what you create on Genially, can be interactive and it's always likable for students. It's great for every class, because you can create lots of different works like escape rooms, games, presentations, interactive videos and many more. It's a fun, engaging, very intuitive and satisfying tool.

Cons

Really nothing :) Genially is really genially!

Response from Genially

Hi Justyna,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

It is great to know that you have worked with the tool for so long and that you keep discovering new ways of creation amazing content with Genially.

We are happy that your experience has been fun and intuitive and we are sure your students can see the result of your efforts. Keep rocking!

Kate

Genially is a game-changer!

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

I have been able to create engaging resources, for our district-wide professional development, effortlessly. As educators use our PD resources we are constantly asked how we make our materials interactive and aesthetically appealing. That's when we introduce educators to Genially and all that it offers.

Pros

Genially is so intuitive that learning the software is actually a fun process.

Cons

From my end it takes a while for Genially to load, whether entering the site or choosing a project to load. This could just be because of Genially's popularity.

Response from Genially

Hi Kate,

Thank you for your 5 star review, it's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying the tool and that it's making the content creation process fun for you too.

Regarding your comments about the tool loading slowly, this might be due to something as simple as a slow internet connection issue or a plugin such as a VPN interfering but we'd need more information in order to ascertain the cause of the issue.

If you're having difficulties then feel free to contact our Support team via the email address [email protected] and we'll be happy to offer further guidance to resolve the matter for you.

Natalia

A great application with many features

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

Pros

Love this application, I create so easily projects for my lessons with feedback and my students love it. The extensions are great and easy to use

Cons

I have nothing that i don't like about this application

Response from Genially

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for your 5 star review, it's great to hear that you're enjoying the use of our tool, we're sure that you've transformed your lessons to make them even more interactive and engaging thanks to Genially. Keep up the great work!

Frederic

A very good software

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

I work with Genially to put content on LMS

Pros

Simple to handle, in few minutes you can work on it

Cons

Some functions are sometimes reduced to the essential

Response from Genially

Hi Frederic,

Thank you for your 5 start review!

We appreciate your comments and we are glad you have found it simple and easy to use the tool. It would be great to listen to any suggestions you may have about functios you mention are reduced to the essentials. Feel free to reach us at [email protected]!

Melissa
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Product for Trainings

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

Amazing, just the product I needed to create interactive and visually pleasing training programs and presentation.

Pros

Genially is very easy to use (the UX of the platform is great) and the different type of options to create are vast. I'm using this tool to create trainings and then integrate that into our LMS and I'm able to do things quickly and have them looking really professional.

Cons

The permissions and rights are a bit complicated especially if you need to work on a document at the same time. I find it hard to transfer files between users and teams and then I learned I needed to change my plan.

Response from Genially

Hi Melissa,

Thank you so much for your kind words about Genially!

At the moment it's not possible for more than one user to be editing a genially at the same time (consecutive edition of a genially is possible), but we're working on offering this feature in the future. In any case, you can mark a genially as reusable or send a copy (premium feature) to work collaboratively in Genially.

It's great to hear that you're happy working with the tool, we hope you'll continue to enjoy creating incredible interactive content with us and encourage your friends, family and colleagues to do the same

Anais
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Nice presentation and infographic

Reviewed on 25/03/2022

I can make nice infographics easily, they have a lot of beautiful templates. I like the presentations too, it's esay to add images from stock

Pros

The templates for infographics : I use them mostly to illustrate my posts on social media

Cons

The media are nice but not easy to search, and they could add more

Response from Genially

Hi Anais,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

We are glad to know that our templates have been a great ally for your when creating beautiful content.

Your feedback regarding our resources is greatly appreciated. You can search for keywords to find matching elements. We'd like to know a bit more about the resources you'd like to see. You can write us at [email protected]

We invite you to keep creating beautiful and interactive content with Genially!

Ana del V

good tool to make presentations more interactive without having to make software installations.

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

the main benefit was to be able to make presentations and infographics with several interactive elements in a collaborative way in a very visually pleasing way and be able to share it easily in other websites and social networks.

Pros

It allows to make presentations, infographics and didactic resources endowed with interactivity for free.
You can work collaboratively with other users simply by inviting them with the email address with which they are registered in the application.
the editor is easy to use, the elements are placed by dragging and dropping.
You can share what you have done through the most popular social networks such as facebook, twitter and g +, in addition to which you can insert as iframe or script in other pages.
The free plan does not limit the number of creations you can make or the number of elements you can include.

Cons

to download the video resulting from your creation you must hire the pro plan that is paid, also to customize the logo, the loader and the seo tags.
the animations of the elements do not have the clear synchronization options, they are limited in comparison of products like powerpoint.
in the edition the functionality of the blocking of elements must be used because if an element is deleted it can not be recovered with the undo option.
the names of the elements in the layered design mode makes it difficult to identify them because the same names are repeated without an automatic numbering.

Theo
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Genially, what a great surprise

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

Excellent. So far I love it and I think it's gonna help me a lot with the promotion that I need.

Pros

I was looking for an easy software for designs etc. and I happened to find genially on the Net. I like it's ease of use and its features and all that it has to offer for free. Also the Pro version is not that expensive so I am thinking about it.

Cons

I would like that it can interact with other programs especially email managers, which I am using a lot. Like SendinBlue.

Daniela

this tool allows to create attractive visual content for social networks

Reviewed on 04/08/2018

It really is more its positive characteristics, because it allows you to create presentations and visual material of high quality and like a professional

Pros

the best advantage is that it allows you to create presentations, publications and attractive and professional visual content if you do not use advanced design tools you can also give life to your ideas and leave a good impression on people who visit your website or see your work

Cons

there are very few disadvantages one of them could be that sometimes visualize the content of my publications on the cell phone may be inconvenient because they seem to be not adapted and I must change the configuration to view the files