ActiveCampaign

4.3/5

Siddharth P.

The Last Email Marketing Tool I'ld Ever Need

Reviewed on 09/04/2022

Pros

1. Powerful Native Integrations
2. Open API With A Lot of Options
3. World's Best Email Automation Builder
4. Powerful Segmentation
5. Site & Event Tracking
6. Reply Tracking
7. Awesome Customer Support

Cons

1. Sometimes platform doesn't load perfectly due to caching

Erin E.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Active Campaign

Reviewed on 10/05/2022

I had tried using several other free email services in the past. Getting people to actually sign up was nearly impossible, even offering discounts and more, hardly anyone ever clicked "subscribe"- Active campaign allowed me to create a pop up window integrated with my website design, that will only pop up once on the main page for first time viewers (or until the cache is cleared). I also created a secondary sign up page where people can go to sign up if they missed the pop-up. This has taken me to large numbers of sign-ups, plus allowed me a way to integrate a 10% off coupon for subscribers after their email was confirmed. This has lead to numerous coupon uses of that 10% off in my store, proving the use of the pop up and offer. I send out monthly emails, keeping my subscribers informed and up to date on what is going on, increasing regular visits to my site and bumping regular sales. The email system is very easy to use.

Pros

The sole reason I decided to start a free trial with this software was because of the complete customization allowed for your email sign-ups and pop-up windows. No one likes to click though email sign-ups that look out of place or run by a 3rd party. With this I could create a system that blended seamlessly with my current website, allowing everything to look 100% integrated into the site itself.

Cons

So far the system has more functionalities than I will likely ever use. However, this is not a 'dislike'. While there are many functions I don't currently need (or understand) there may be a day that I use them, and there are several tutorials and documents available to help me understand these other features. Nothing about the system so far could qualify as something I dislike.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I do not have the coding ability to create pop-ups or many other interactive options. I built and maintain my own website, but my knowledge is limited. I needed a way to get people to actually SEE that I had a mailing list, and optional links and banners were not doing the trick. I also wanted everything to be integrated on my website, to match colors and themes and look like it belongs there.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I accidentally clicked the wrong link. I was initially looking for a free service, but after customizing the pop-up and integrating it into my website, I was glad I did and decided the quality of this product was worth the price.

Active Campaign: Very good CRM on a budget

Reviewed on 14/03/2022

I totally recommend AC. There may be better options there like Hubspot, but AC is at a fraction of the cost and I think it covers most of what you could need as a small-medium company.

Pros

AC is a great solution, full of features that should be enough to cover Basic-To-Medium needs. It's very easy to use and the price is perfect for what you receive. Support is also great.

Cons

The reporting side of things is a bit limited, I miss better tools to report on what's going on in terms of campaign activations or simply status on deals and contacts.

Pardot and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

At the time (a few years ago) Mautic was fully of bugs. It may have improved by now.

Mautic

Price and functionality
Gustavo B.

Good Email Marketing Alternative

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

I found Active Campaign to be a nice alternative. Notwithstanding, I do think they are lacking some essential features I found on MailPoet, like a full integration with WordPress. Additionally, I found them to be a little more pricer than some competition.

Pros

It is multilingual
The Interface is pretty nice
There are very competitive price plans

Cons

It does not have any free tier alternative.
There is no WordPress official integration
They do not offer money-back guarantee

Yahoo Mail, MailerLite, Gmail and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I was looking for a better alternative, with less known layouts and a better price tier. Anyway, Mailchimp seems to be still the right choice for thirdparty email marketing provider.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I found MailPoet to be a better choice than ActiveCampaign for my business needs, anyway, I would like to highlight ActiveCampaign as good alternative for those looking a standalone option. They do have a good interface, very nice email builder and get the job done.
Rafael A.
  • Industry: Design

The best tool to convert customers by mail

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

very very good. I have managed up to 30000 contacts and the percentage of undelivered contacts is very low. The control over the sendings and the high conversion make it the best email tool.

Pros

The level of personalization of the labels to create automatisms in future mailings. To be able to segment a lot and extend the sending of campaigns on a daily basis. And once achieved, to segment automatically to customers achieved.

Cons

The minimum price is very high, which means that my campaigns can only last 3 or 4 months, because if the conversion rate is not high, it is an expensive tool.

Acumbamail

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

By Active labels. They are amazing and the other tools do not let you make very personalized "funnels". But with Active Campaigning, you can do literally everything and tag every single user.

Acumbamail and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

By the opening rate, the personalization of the user lists
Ahmed samy E.

One of the best email marketing platfroms

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

Pros

I like the incredible features of email automation, I have used some of these features to create long multiple automation sequences for 3D virtual labs platform that I was promoting and it helped me a lot to know more about the online behavior of my leads and customers and how they interact with each email messages and how many of them buy from the website.

Cons

I think that ActiveCampain needs to increase their customer support agents availability, as there are email marketing platforms that charges less and have 24/7 customer support chat.

Darwin O.

It's an easy to use CRM

Reviewed on 15/04/2022

Overall we are very satisfied, it gets the job done.

Pros

Dales pipeline management is really easy to manage. We've used ActiveCampaign since more than 4 years ago and the software's been really up to par to what our clients need.

Cons

Pricing and support have change negatively over time, reports are also lacking and integrations with social media platforms as well.

Zoho CRM and SugarCRM

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Pricing and features were exactly what our clients needed.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

We used it for marketing email campaigns

Reviewed on 14/05/2022

We had a good experience in general. It really went all. Automation is awesome, the best is to have someone who knows how to use it efficiently, and someone who is good at copywriting and activation. Once you got that, Active Campaign is because a tool your company cannot let go of.

Pros

We used Active Campaigns to create some automation into our customer journey. We planned key points in this journey, on our platform, and automated email blast to users. The goal was to able to do project relaunch, account confirmations, retargetting or even retention. It went great. We actually didn't even use it to its full potential. It has got so much in store.

Cons

It has got so many option. Absolutely a shame if you don't have someone who truly knows how to use it.

Active Campaign - A Must Have

Reviewed on 02/05/2022

Active Campaign helps me send segmented communications over a long period of time without any manual work. The tags can be added and removed automatically!

Pros

This product can do so much. Even if you are just looking for an email system, this is the one to get. It can grow as your organization grows. There are so many small, backend things I used to do manually that I can automate. It's incredible.

Cons

The setup takes a LONG time in terms of getting every automation up and going. The great part is that they provide excellent onboarding, and their support team is out of this world good and patient.

Elite Features at a Great Price Point

Reviewed on 03/04/2022

AC gives us everything we need for ~10% the cost of some of the "bigger " options. Cracks show if you look deep, the overall product is as advertised. If you're into automation – in the true sense – you'll love it.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is built around automation, rather than flashy UI. It's a tremendous toolbox – deep hooks into other systems (often via Zapier), simple workflow and journey builders, easy data management. You can run a multi-million dollar marketing program on AC ... and we do.

Cons

AC can be slow at times, and some "killer features" of other products – pre-form user tracking on the website, flashy reporting – lack.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Deeper feature set and integrated CRM

Campaign Monitor

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Cost and easy of implementation
Waleed K.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

An important tool for preparing effective online marketing campaigns and following up on...

Reviewed on 09/03/2022

The current phase and future developments necessitate the presence of an experienced platform that can assist you in competing in extremely turbulent marketplaces, and ActiveCampaign is the appropriate option. It enables the assignment of potential connections and clients, making it easier to communicate with clients via email depending on their interests. Additionally, the graphs and statistics you obtain will assist you in developing plans based on correct advice.

Pros

I enjoy the way ActiveCampaign displays information because it assists you in optimizing your services. The platform eliminates the requirement for users of varying skill levels to use multiple programs by centralizing all records in a single location that can be accessed from anywhere at any time. ActiveCampaign's advanced marketing tools enable you to create and save lists of potential customers for any product or service you offer, then email them offers. You can also customize ActiveCampaign to track the success of your marketing campaigns, which enables you to develop more distinctive campaigns and sustainable marketing strategies. ActiveCampaign's charts, suggestions, and reports will ensure that you always make the best choices. I appreciate how you can improve content viewing and automatically track engagement across many social media platforms, allowing you to have a better understanding of how your consumers and new customers react to it.

Cons

I had no technical issues when using ActiveCampaign, and the user interface is fantastic and simplifies the process of accessing various tools and reports, but the work team need easy exercises to effectively use the platform and get the intended results.

Graham Ó.

Powerful, near enterprise grade Marketing Automation system

Reviewed on 31/01/2022

Extremely high value Marketing Automation system priced at a highly competitive rate to traditional enterprise tier Marketing Automation/CRM solutions while meeting almost 80-90% of the features and functions of traditional enterprise solutions.

Many organisations that are currently on enterprise Marketing Automation solutions could easily migrate to ActiveCampaign and see a better Ux for their teams and significant savings of over 70% on their tooling costs.

Pros

A step up from most Email Marketing tools that brings a powerful Marketing CRM and automation system. Highly competitive against the enterprise grade platforms of Hubspot and Marketo. Brings much of the day to day functionality you will typically need and avoids a lot of the excess and bloat of the larger enterprise platforms.

Easy to setup and build automations and campaigns.

Very cost effective Marketing Automation CRM that integrates well with all other Enterprise tools

Cons

Field management and auto-fill functionality is lack.

Email/Templates builder while works well is very rigid and locks in to the system, requiring custom builds to be made inside the platform. Little to no documentation or functionality for importation of external builds.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Marketo Engage

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Mailchimp doesn't have a true Marketing Automation system or CRM. Marketo has a terrible Ux Hubspot has too many underbuilt features ActiveCampaign has just the right Ux and features mix for 95% of hyper growth software businesses

Unbounce and Mailchimp

Joshua V.

Active Campaign is the best email marketing software for startup brands & solopreneurs

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

The business problem I'm solving with Active Campaign is I needed email marketing software to collect the leads my business attracts, and place them in various different autoresponder sequences so my message can be delivered to my audience. Uplifting my readers until they feel comfortable becoming a buyer. Active Campaign has helped me create numerous buyers by spreading my message in a dependable way.

Pros

What I like most about Active Campaign is for the incredible power it gives you, it is fairly simple to use. Active Campaign allows you to deploy the most complex and profitable email marketing strategies known today such as deploying Soap Opera Sequences. They have a very convenient mobile app that they improve every year. They are also run by passionate people, that care about making an impact. It also doesn't hurt that getting started with Active Campaign is very affordable.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the email editor is still fairly clunky to use. It's not terrible. But recently there have been a few other new contenders with much more fun to use email editors such as Convertkit. However, Active Campaign's power and development roadmap keep me using Active Campaign over Convertkit. Active Campaign integrates with almost everything.

Alejandro T.

Activecampaign Best email marketing software

Reviewed on 19/11/2021

My overall experience has been very good. It has excellent customer service when you have problems. In digital marketing we use it every day and it is necessary to have an easier way to do reports / analysis, and ActiveCampaign is difficult to read the reports, also at the beginning it is difficult to use the platform in the first weeks.

Pros

It is an excellent platform, the CRM is very intuitive and the follow-up it gives to customers through automations is excellent, it is capable of sending automated emails or mass emails, since it has some add-ins that are very much in line with the job. . I am dedicated to digital marketing and this system has been very useful for me to be able to organize myself without the need for more paper or old Excel techniques. I highly recommend it for different types of businesses because it is also very adaptive to whatever you want to do.
Highlights are CRM and sales automation, marketing reporting and analytics, contact management, and A / B testing

Cons

It is difficult to use at the beginning, I would say that it has a learning curve of medium difficulty

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I chose ActiveCampaign because it is the most complete of all email marketing software on the market at an affordable price.
Chelsea dione J.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

My ActiveCampaign Review

Reviewed on 30/10/2021

Overall, I am IMPRESSED with ActiveCampaign! As an email marketer, I've used a couple of other email marketing software and nothing beats ActiveCampaign so far when it comes to their software features and customer service. I literally recommend ActiveCampaign EVERYWHERE which is why I was able to convert my client to migrate to ActiveCampaign.

Pros

I love that their user interface is very functional and easy to understand and use. I've been using ActiveCampaign from a little over a year now and there are still so many features I discover that helps me and my clients every time.

Cons

I guess an area they can improve on is their loading time. Sometimes it takes a while for things to load when I use ActiveCampaign heavily.

Kartra

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

This is for a client. We did because the previous software provider was charging a bit higher but features are less. We feel it wasn't at par with the value my client was paying.

ConvertKit

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Aside from AC's powerful features, it was the discount we got on top of the 50% off for 3 months that sealed the deal!
John H.

Easy Organization Of My List & My Favorite CRM

Reviewed on 15/10/2021

My overall experience has been very good. When I was first getting to know the system I used their chat support to figure things out and they sent me step by steps screen shots and customized video walkthroughs. That's what really won me over, knowing I can do just about anything I needed and instead of trying to take half a day to figure out how to do it on my own, they simply walk me through it now.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use the different mechanisms of ActiveCampaign. The tagging system is easy to use and really helps to organize my list. It also makes it so I don't have to create multiple lists and duplicate emails. I also have to say, their customer support has been awesome. Their chat support people will send me step by step screen shots on what to do and even record video for me to watch them set things up and explain how to do something. I mean seriously, their support is 5 star.

They also have a really good API system. I am able to connect different pieces of software to ActiveCampaign so my contacts or organized as they come in.

Cons

I don't really have anything to add here. It's easy to use and the support is fantastic.

William S.

Best CRM for HIPAA

Reviewed on 30/09/2021

It's immensely positive. Their support is quick when you have questions. They are very helpful. They have teams of people there to help educate you on how to improve your implementation of the product. It's very special and encouraging.

Pros

I went into ActiveCampaign knowing nothing about CRM's. I figured it out and implemented it with ease and that's quite a contrast to Salesforce, SugarCRM, KEAP. The interface is easy to understand and setup is intuitive. Support is incredible and they are constantly improving the product and hiring good people. When they add new products they are well planned out and tested.

Cons

I wish they would add conditional logic to forms. Their API support for developers could also be improved. They could also add more form types to allow a question by question path like Typeform but that's minor.

SugarCRM, Keap and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Google Forms could not be a CRM for us. It was helpful in the early days of getting going but

Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

HIPAA compliance, easy of use, cost, and available features. AC is just an incredible product at the right price for small businesses.
Alexandra valeska L.

I always recommend Active Campaign for Funnels and Lead Nurturing strategies.

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

Active campaign has helped me a lot with developing my main service which is to create, implement and optimize funnels for different companies in wide niches.

Pros

What i love about this software is the sequence automations, use of tags and goals. They are time savers and easy to use once you understand the logic. It does not take great time to learn either.
There is a lot of useful blog posts and documentations to achieve the goals plus a Facebook Group community if very specific help is needed.

Cons

Loading time. Would like to have a faster loading time when it comes to saving emails, creating landing pages and reports.

MailerLite and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Needed a more user friendly CRM for clients, an easier way to create automations, easy integrations and a way to duplicate sequences in different accounts.

GetResponse and Keap

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

It had high reviews and had heard of it before. Decided to give it a try and loved it. Also tired Hubspot even though is a very high CRM system, it was not useful to create funnels and strategies as needed.
Laura B.

Active Campaign LOVE!

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

I LOVE ActiveCampaign. I feel that the tools are evolving and relevant for my business. It has transformed my ability to identify leads, track their progress, convert contacts into members, and track and respond to their journey within my website and club.

Pros

I was with MailChimp. I moved to ActiveCampaign for the features that I am most fond of and use the most. Those are list segmentation, CRM, their existing recipe to help build automation, the automation functionality, in-depth segmentation, and tracking every move a contact makes.
The transition was seamless; ActiveCampaign moved my whole list for me. I was a bit overwhelmed at first because of the high level of functionality. But, their customer service and support are the best I've encountered in any company that I deal with to run my business. I love them!

Cons

I don't love the functionality of the design elements in the Campaigns. Mainly, there is no way to set the overall design perimeters. So, every time you add a block, you select your font and have to reset the design. The time making adjustments adds up.

Amanda M.

ActiveCampaign, 4 Months In

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

Although I'm fairly new to AC, I manage it for multiple others at my organization, so I've been deeply entrenched in it for the last 4 months. The learning curve wasn't too steep, the onboarding/training were all very good, and any time I've had an issue, the Customer Service has been top notch. There are some minor issues that are clunky (as described above) and I'd like an easier way to do reporting/analytics, but no software can do everything. All in all, their service and their respectable feature list make AC a very good value and a good choice for anyone who isn't total Type A :)

Pros

The Customer Service is stellar, especially for being chat-based. As a previous HubSpot user (which is prohibitively expensive), AC comes pretty close to delivering all the essential features and the ease of use between the two platforms is night and day. AC is, for the most part, pretty intuitive. They also have better onboarding/training.

Cons

There are some seemingly very basic features that are missing. That being said, I'm able to create 'workarounds' to get what I need, but the workarounds do cause unnecessary work. Specifically, I can't automate task assignment at the Contact or Account level so I have to create and organize wholly unnecessary Deals and Deal Pipelines to do what I need to do. The other (minor) frustration is not being able to customize/save multiple views. I can add columns to views and that will stay put, but the default ordering of pretty much every page is alphabetical. For instance, when I switch the Contact view to sort by Date Created, if I navigate into a contact record or another page, the list reverts to being sorted alphabetically. Same with the Automations page, etc. I want to set custom sorts that are my own defaults (preferably multiple custom sorts/views). And I want it to remember to show me records by the 100s, not 20 at a time. It's little stuff, I know, but the constant extra clicks does get tedious.

Rebecca M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

The best email marketing software available

Reviewed on 09/07/2021

Overall, I have been extremely happy with ActiveCampaign and don't see myself ever switching to another provider.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is crazy powerful and has so many features that make it a fabulous selection for email marketing software. I've used a few different email marketing programs and definitely think ActiveCampaign is the best - the tagging features are way superior to a lot of the entry level offerings and the automations are fantastic. On top of this, the service is brilliant and I feel confident in the team's ability to help me with any issues I'm experiencing.

Cons

Because it is so powerful, it can be a little confusing to new users who aren't tech-savvy. There is plenty of education though, so I do believe it is worth pursuing.

ConvertKit, Drip and Mad Mimi

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Mailchimp's automation and tagging options weren't sophisticated enough for my needs.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

The pricing was far better for what was available and I had real life recommendations from other users.
Sarah M.

Everything I wanted in marketing automation & more!

Reviewed on 25/06/2021

I'm blown away, to be honest. I never expected this much personal support from an ESP, and I keep winding up wonderfully surprised by just how much ActiveCampaign can do. I look forward to having this software grow with me and my business!

Pros

I made the switch to ActiveCampaign after using Mailchimp for years because I wanted the ability to get to know my contacts more intimately and to better communicate with them in personalized, relevant ways. I needed an email service provider, and what I got with ActiveCampaign was more - it's customer experience automation. I love how easy it is to get started, and how in depth this software is. The long I use it, the more I learn and am able to do with it. Also - the support from ActiveCampaign is AMAZING. I got stuck at one point early on, they could see I wasn't using the software, and someone reached out to me to help me get going again!

Cons

There is an intimidation factor, to be honest. ActiveCampaign can do SO MUCH, so when I was making the decision to switch, this caused me to pause. I was thinking - wow, it is going to take me a long time to learn this and it's frustrating to have to learn another software package. On advice from friends and colleagues in the entrepreneurial space, I decided it was worth the risk to try it out and see. And - it's true. There IS a lot. It DOES take time to learn and it is frustrating sometimes to learn how to do something that would have made things much easier if you knew it earlier.

MailerLite, Kartra, GetResponse and Kajabi

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I started running into the limitations of the Mailchimp platform. I couldn't personalize emails in the way I wanted, and I wasn't able to build complex automations.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign is best in class for what it does, and I decided on a strategy of choosing the best tool for the job rather than going the all in one route. I heard the best reviews about ActiveCampaign from within my network - that's what sealed the deal when I was making my final decision.
Letha D.
  • Industry: Events Services

Best Value For Your Email Marketing Channel

Reviewed on 20/06/2021

In the 8 years that I've been setting clients up it's been worked great. The first client that I setup, still uses it! The features and options are what make AC our go to platform. Moving to AC often reduces our clients tech stack overhead.

Pros

The combination of the UI and all the features makes this a no-brainer for us. We can easily manage email marketing or set our clients up to do it. In no instance has this been a bad choice. Typically, what makes the difference from the existing platform is the automation features. Our clients get to benefit from automated workflows gaining more engagement without additional costs.

Cons

I only would like for the dashboard to be more customizable and lead data driven. I think the reporting can be presented better.

Klaviyo, Drip and Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Mailchimp - ease of use, Pardot - ease of use and costs.

Pardot and Mailchimp

Features and costs.
Pedro T.

A convenient All-in-One CRM and Automation

Reviewed on 08/05/2021

In my company, Active Campaign is used on a daily basis. We are a franchising network, needing one full-service CRM and Marketing Automation to be shared within the network (similar automations for the whole network), while leaving space and autonomy for each franchisee to develop its own (Sales management, marketing management). Active Campaign allows not only this structure to work seamlessly, but the way the service is organized allows a whole range of possibilities for my company, most of which we haven't yet scratched the surface.

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to deploy and being all-in-1 solution for marketing and sales management, automation, it's very convenient and comparatively affordable.

Cons

A few areas are still under development and not quite up to the task, namely features such as landing page development, or conditional forms.

Susan L.

Finally.

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

The overall experience has been phenomenal. I imported my database and had everything set up and running in a day. The customer support team is knowledgeable and super friendly.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is the CRM I wish I would have chosen back in 2012 when I went with Infusionsoft. I love the automations. They are intuitive to build, easy to manage, and they flat out work. I love two way SMS via the deep integration with SalesMsg and that the convos get added to the contact record. And finally, I love the Deals feature which is the best and easily customizable sales pipeline software I've ever used.

Cons

One tiny thing I'd change is the contact merge feature. I prefer the ability to choose what fields to merge in a contact record instead of being forced to delete one.