ActiveCampaign Reviews

Alejandro
Alejandro

Activecampaign Best email marketing software

Reviewed on 19/11/2021

My overall experience has been very good. It has excellent customer service when you have problems. In digital marketing we use it every day and it is necessary to have an easier way to do reports / analysis, and ActiveCampaign is difficult to read the reports, also at the beginning it is difficult to use the platform in the first weeks.

Pros

It is an excellent platform, the CRM is very intuitive and the follow-up it gives to customers through automations is excellent, it is capable of sending automated emails or mass emails, since it has some add-ins that are very much in line with the job. . I am dedicated to digital marketing and this system has been very useful for me to be able to organize myself without the need for more paper or old Excel techniques. I highly recommend it for different types of businesses because it is also very adaptive to whatever you want to do.
Highlights are CRM and sales automation, marketing reporting and analytics, contact management, and A / B testing

Cons

It is difficult to use at the beginning, I would say that it has a learning curve of medium difficulty

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I chose ActiveCampaign because it is the most complete of all email marketing software on the market at an affordable price.
Michael
Michael

Powerful Marketing Automation. A bit complex. Great Customer Service.

Reviewed on 03/01/2024

Generally very good. I like the product. It is one of the few good marketing automation platforms with a decent CRM.

Pros

Great customer service and marketing automation capability. Also, it integrates with almost anything.

Cons

I was using an industry-specific version of the platform, which was not a good fit for my needs. Learning how to get the most out of the marketing automation was rather complex.

Pipedrive, Agile CRM, Keap and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I found an industry-specific version of Active Campaign. But that version was not a good fit for my needs. I switched back to Hubspot and may move to odoo.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I found an industry-specific version of the platform. But it missed the mark meeting my industry-specific needs.
Aaron

this is the title of my review

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

training training training. I have been trialling and training how to use this product the whole 12 months or so Ive been using it

Pros

love the automation and the campaigns features. I also like that it integrates with my gmail (G Suite) account.

Cons

some of the features are hidden, the layout is really lacking for easy of use. its hard to find and add tags and lists etc. it seems to have great features but they are hidden away and hard to find.

Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

insightly was great at inegrating into gmail but SUPER hard to use, I really narrowed down the CRMs to ones that had the automation features, I didnt want to have multiple crms and tools all connected together

Insightly

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

pipedrive is amazing!!! but it doesnt have an automation (sort of does now) or bulk email out function like mailchimp. I hate mailchimp so I wanted a CRM that did it internally
Stefan

ActiveCampaign: good solution for next level online marketing

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

a good decision for my company, in order to manage newsletters and mail marketing

Pros

powerful automation features, good API for own extensions, many plugins available, good online documentation and training material

Cons

price is a bit high, website is not always updating correctly

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

was initially using SendinBlue (now Brevo). I did not like the integration in Wordpress, so i switched.
Sharon

Like it but not the best

Reviewed on 24/03/2024

I know there are many futures but i have not used all because of time of programing them

Pros

Cons

Every single mail goes to SPAM. And i alwas check the spam score of my mail and its good

Tara

Best Email Marketing Software

Reviewed on 04/03/2024

Pros

A lot of features, everything you need to do professional email marketing

Cons

loading times are often very long which affects the workflow negatively

Nathan

Great email marketing tool

Reviewed on 06/02/2024

Pros

I like that I can have this integrated with LinkedIn to capture email addresses of my contacts.

Cons

I have no serious complaints. It was a bit of a learning curve to get familiar with the software.

Danuta

My review

Reviewed on 28/02/2024

I am very happy with active campaign and the usability

I am very happy with active campaign and the usability

Pros

I like The usability and the possibility to integrate other products

Cons

Creating correct automations is a way of complicated

Michele
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

My experience

Reviewed on 23/05/2024

Pros

ActiveCampaign provides responsive and helpful customer support, including extensive resources such as tutorials, webinars, and a community forum.

Cons

The email template editor, although functional, could be more flexible and intuitive. Some users find it less sophisticated compared to other email marketing tools.

Haroon

E mail marketing

Reviewed on 05/04/2024

Overall experience is excellent I can give 3.5 stars to this tool

Overall experience is excellent I can give 3.5 stars to this tool

Pros

It's ability to streamline lead management automate process and provide personlized communication makes it powerful tool for business looking to enhance their marketing efforts and drive sales growth

Cons

It's powerful but may be not fit for everyone. It's limited landing page builder is the feature I liked least

Charles
  • Industry: Hospitality

Disorganized & Frustrating

Reviewed on 02/11/2019

Our overall experience was pretty negative, one of the more challenging and time wasteful business relationships we have had in quite some time.

Pros

Our account rep was quite helpful initially and our experience getting set up went fairly smoothly. After the inital set up our account rep pretty much disappeared but when we pressed her to become involved she did set up a call and was helpful.

Cons

The company has some fairly significant problems related to intracompany communications between departments. The old adage the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing fits Active Campaign perfectly based on our exeprience. About 6 months in we set up a call with our account rep whose analysis was that our account was doing very well from any analytics perspective with very high relative open rates and fairly low/acceptable spam reports, but the bery next day we received an email from a different person and department indicating that our spam complaints were too high and they suspended our service. It was an exptremely poor experience and given the spam numbers displayed on the Active Campaign admin panel made no sense at all. Qe also had a similar negative experience during the onboarding process with our account rep being totally out of the loop. The initial onboarding problems almost caused me to go in a different direction and looking back on it I wish I had folowed my gut instincts at that time, had I made the correct decision and chosen a different provider it would have saved us a lot of time that ended up being wasted.

Email on Acid

Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I have since migrated to Sendgrid and have had a much better experience.
John

The best software for your online business and online shop

Reviewed on 03/06/2020

I am not an affiliate yet I love Active Campaign, so easy to use. The times I have contacted support, they are responsive and helpful.

Pros

I absolutely love ActiveCampaign. I have 2 accounts for my 2 businesses and have approx 10+ customers using it also for their online marketing endeavours. It is my go to software that I recommend to all customers.

I love how the software is cheap for a startup but also offers really high level of integration for advanced customers. It is solid, easy to use and I cannot honestly recall having an issue with it. It has strong reporting and I love the integration features for Woo Commerce and Shopify also.

Cons

The only thing that is missing from ActiveCampaign is a simple checkout / payment type offering. So connecting to Paypal / Stripe is doable but not seamless. Apart from that I love it.

MailerLite, GetResponse, Keap, Mailchimp and AWeber

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I have switch others across from all sorts of mail responders. Like I mention above it is easy to use, great as a start up but also has great higher level options. So easy to build a customer journey.

1ShoppingCart

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Quite simply it was better!
Brian
Brian

The right combination of power, flexibility, and price

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

I migrated to Active Campaign after being certified on a top-rated automation platform, and from a direct competitor that did not have an easy-to-use and elegant email editor.

Pros

The two features that make ActiveCampaign powerful for me are the ease and elegance of creating email templates and campaigns, and the robust automation features. I've been able to accomplish everything I need.

The email build is superb.

I've been able to integrate Active Campaign via Zapier to every other platform we use.

Cons

The recent activity panel could be more compact and robust. The overall dashboard could be more informative for at-a-glance assessment of activity. I do wish it included landing page features.

I do wish the saved elements could be edited in the email builder and that there was more of a true "style" system with reusable and editable master elements.

BenchmarkONE

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Needed better email builder and easier to manage automation builder

BenchmarkONE

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Price, email builder, automation builder
Ray

Easy to Use, some bugginess

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Overall, everything is very nice. The pricing is reasonable, and the additional features were unexpected as I was sort of grandfathered in to them.

Pros

This is a very legitimate mailchimp competitor, well-priced. The CRM functionality surprising, and there are really nice web insights (WordPress user here) that I could glean at-a-glance & give to my sales team via their plugin/javascript.

They just recently added conversations (chatbot) automations, which were great to see. The chatbot was slick & never glitched out on me. It's not quite an Intercom replacement, but if you're not familiar with Intercom you'd be over the moon with this.

The email automations are hands-down the best aspect of ActiveCampaign.

The automations & workflows are visual-based & made it incredibly easy & user friendly for a once-newly-christened marketer unfamiliar with sequences. There's even a set of 'cookbooks' that are pre-built templates in case you were like me & didn't know where to start.

Cons

The email builder is a tad clunky. My biggest gripe was when I would create a new link from a template, it would change the color to blue & the font to Arial. Sounds like it's not a big deal, but when you're constantly changing the colors & fonts, it adds to the amount of time you're making an email.

It would be nice to be able to add an HTML element in the WYSIWYG editor, instead of bouncing in/out between that & the HTML editor.

The CRM is nice, but the deals functionality is fairly light. Not the end of the world unless there's a lot of nuance from deal to deal (like in our industry).

Morgan
Morgan

It was wonderful until we needed support

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Initially we were thrilled with AC due to it’s ease of use and speed. However, recently we ran into a major issue that suddenly started showing up, and is preventing us from moving forward on a vital project. We used the chat, and initially the guy on the chat told us it was the fault of another vendor we had integrated with. After going back and forth, he agreed to look into it, and asked for a bit more information. I went to collect that, and when I came back, the chat had ended. Furthermore, when I tried starting a new chat, it said “chat is offline, you will have to send an email.” I noticed that the chat was disconnected and chat went offline at exactly 12 pm Pacific time, corresponding with lunchtime. This is crazy! Who goes offline in the middle of a chat with customers who pay over $200/month for software just so they can take their lunch break exactly on time?
Now I’m really wondering, can I trust AC when it counts? Because this kind of software is expensive enough and complex enough that it absolutely requires good support. So far, I’m not impressed. (Previous less critical support inquiries were eventually answered, but not particularly quickly).

Pros

AC is very easy to use and to set up. It’s more intuitive than most similar products we’ve tried. When it works right, it’s great.

Cons

Software like this is complex, and things inevitably break or have bugs. We have used most of the major platforms out there, and they all have periods of bugs and issues. Once you run into it, the only question is this: will support be there to help? Not AC support, not if it’s lunchtime.

Ontraport and Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Ease of use and more CRM features in ActiveCampaign.

Kartra

Keleigh

Consolidated so many tools into one

Reviewed on 31/08/2020

Their customer support is beyond great. I’ve sent instant chats to ask questions many times and I’m always impressed by how out of the way their reps go to help me. I even had one rep who built out an entire custom automation for me based on my needs.

Pros

I held back from investing in ActiveCampaign for over a year because of the overall cost. What I didn’t realize then was that I would be able to cancel FOUR other software subscriptions thanks to the robust suite of features that AC has. This software has played a critical role in my ability to grow my business by over 150% this year and I would recommend it to anyone!

Cons

I would give my left leg for AC to have mobile functionality. They don’t have an app and the mobile version of their site is non-functional. It quite literally can only be used on a computer. This is the one place where AC is severely behind their competitors.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Because AC has so many more features.

MailerLite

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

AC seemed like a longer term solution, based on features.
Letha
Letha
  • Industry: Events Services

Best Value For Your Email Marketing Channel

Reviewed on 20/06/2021

In the 8 years that I've been setting clients up it's been worked great. The first client that I setup, still uses it! The features and options are what make AC our go to platform. Moving to AC often reduces our clients tech stack overhead.

Pros

The combination of the UI and all the features makes this a no-brainer for us. We can easily manage email marketing or set our clients up to do it. In no instance has this been a bad choice. Typically, what makes the difference from the existing platform is the automation features. Our clients get to benefit from automated workflows gaining more engagement without additional costs.

Cons

I only would like for the dashboard to be more customizable and lead data driven. I think the reporting can be presented better.

Klaviyo, Drip and Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Mailchimp - ease of use, Pardot - ease of use and costs.

Features and costs.
Juliana
  • Industry: Food Production

CRM Automation and Campaigns

Reviewed on 09/10/2022

Since we have perfected our CRM system, promotional campaigns in general, encompassing various aspects, their management has been so much simpler, both to evaluate their receptivity, as well as simpler aspects of design and the message itself. Evaluating these aspects is important to attract potential customers and ensure that they can find loyalty in our product. Not only with this, without a doubt we got great results thanks to a much more automated system, where we have been able tocover more and fulfill our tasks with greater speed and efficiency. The marketing team is using ActiveCampaign as the number one tool in daily work, since it brings practicality to promotional campaigns and greatly facilitates the sales funnel, categorizing each function we need to do by steps and undoubtedly boosting the results a lot, beyond what was expected. It has given us the facility to manage our information at our convenience, carry our exhaustive follow-up and issue newsletters that give us a complete overview of the work we are doing and see from the front page how we achieve our objectives in less than the expected time.

Pros

ActiveCampaign takes our marketing management to the next level, with its extensive interface it is possible to adapt the configuration of sending marketing campaigns, managing every little detail, thanks to its varied templates we can capture our main idea and make our message come through clearly and exactly how we need it. A/B tests allow us to test that our message is working perfectly and to be able to launch it to the public. Likewise, integrating social networks is essential for a broader management of marketing campaigns and the commercialization of our product, in addition to multichannel marketing it is possible to cover much more and put our eyes on a greater range of visualization. It is the perfect platform to plan and manage our content, perfect our ideas, and send a much more solid result, as well as interact with our clients in a more direct way, perfecting the CRM system by getting what each potential client wants to receive from us. Automating the sending of emails in the search to eliminate spam messages and that our emails are received more directly in the inbox, ensuring the reading of our campaign.

Cons

It is a tool with a complete interface, however, at the same time I can highlight that it can be too dense and complicated to use, it is not very intuitive and makes the process a bit more tedious than expected. In the same way, the search through filters is not as precise as possible, sometimes we need to find something in specific and we cannot, so it would be ideal if it were more accurate.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

We considered to implement Salesforce Marketing Cloud but found that it did not adjust to our budget very well.
  • Industry: Design

Active Campaign has helped us streamline our marketing

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Pros

ActiveCampaign is a powerful and versatile email marketing and customer relationship management (CRM) platform. It offers various features that have helped my business automate and streamline our marketing, sales, and customer service processes.

Cons

Learning curve: ActiveCampaign has a lot of features and can be complex to use at first. It took some time to learn how to use and set up advanced automation campaigns and segmentation.

Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Better for creating landing pages and more advanced segmentation options. Useful analytics.

MailerLite

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

AC had the right feature set at the right budget
Roger

Good for email marketing

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

Pros

The advantages it has is that it is easy to automate the emails that need to be sent based on conditions such as the stage of the funnel where the lead is or the lead's score

Cons

I think it's time they could incorporate WhatsApp and social media messaging management into the CRM without the need to use any external platform

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Because ActiveCampaign has a better lead management tools

Lead management
Luke

ActiveCampaign is great!

Reviewed on 28/02/2021

After nearly two years, I'm very pleased with ActiveCampaign. It's a well thought out feature rich platform. In my opinion there isn't another service on the market that can beat them for what they provide.

Pros

1. The automations.

It makes complex automations easy to understand and seemlessly blends the users interactions in my app with emails in their inbox.

2. The email designer

Easy to use and great templates to get you started

3. Reliability & Peace of mind

Once you set up your automations it's a great feeling to know that it will run like clockwork.

4. API

I was quickly able to interact with ActiveCampaigns API and it runs so perfect! It gives me such power over how users interact with my application. Literally any interaction a user makes with my application, I can capture and add to their contact profile and send them through automations in regards to their actions / inactions. Super Powerful!

Cons

1. No Sandbox mode

There's only one mode to use the software and that's live. This means you have to be mindful when generating software tests as you can end up sending emails to dummy accounts as ActiveCampaign doesn't differentiate between a Live and Sandbox version.

I would be super greatful if there was a sandbox mode that could be used for testing my applications and not worry about passing dummy contacts through automations etc.

2. Subscription model can be a little bit pricey if not utilized

When I began using ActiveCampaign I was starting a fresh business, so my mail list was 0 at the time. It took me sometime to get accustomed to it & test integrations etc.

This setup time and any other non-marketing time still costs money with the current subscription model.

I would personally prefer a usage based fee based on features and emails sent.

3. No built-in suggestions to get more emails in the Primary folder.

It may be wishful thinking as the goalposts are often moved by what is deemed as falling under "Promotions", nevertheless there could be more done to get emails in the Primary Inbox at the time of creating emails.

I would really appreciate a "likelihood of reaching the primary inbox" meter before creating campaigns. This could be difficult to implement but I feel it would help alot of new users and people new to email marketing.

Rosalina
  • Industry: Insurance

ActiveCampaign Survey: A Strong Showcasing Robotization Stage with Customization and Multi-Chan...

Reviewed on 17/02/2023

ActiveCampaign is a strong and exceptionally adjustable promoting mechanization stage with vigorous computerization highlights, multi-channel showcasing, and great client service. Notwithstanding, it might have a lofty expectation to learn and adapt, restricted detailing, higher estimating, and restricted plan choices.

Pros

Powerful computerization highlights: ActiveCampaign gives a broad scope of mechanization includes that empower organizations to robotize their advertising efforts and deals processes. This incorporates computerized email crusades, lead sustaining, and work process computerization.Customization: ActiveCampaign is exceptionally adaptable, permitting organizations to fit their advertising efforts and mechanization work processes to their particular necessities.Multi-channel promoting: ActiveCampaign upholds multi-channel showcasing, including email, SMS, online entertainment, and then some. This assists organizations with arriving at clients on their favored channels and further develop commitment.High level division: ActiveCampaign gives progressed division includes that permit organizations to target explicit fragments of their crowd with customized content and offers.Brilliant client care: ActiveCampaign has gained notoriety for giving excellent client service, including telephone, visit, and email support, as well as a broad information base.

Cons

Steep expectation to absorb information: ActiveCampaign's tremendous scope of highlights and customization choices can make it hard for new clients to learn and explore the stage.Restricted detailing: ActiveCampaign's revealing highlights are restricted contrasted with other email showcasing stages, making it trying to follow and examine execution measurements.Estimating: ActiveCampaign's evaluating is higher than a portion of its rivals, making it more expensive for private ventures or new businesses.No local CRM: ActiveCampaign doesn't have a local CRM, which can be a disservice for organizations searching for a complete promoting and deals arrangement.Restricted plan choices: ActiveCampaign's email plan choices are restricted contrasted with a portion of its rivals, making it challenging to make outwardly engaging messages.

Mohammed
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Solid Product. But is it still competitive?

Reviewed on 16/09/2023

I had tried several programs once my business outgrew the free plan that I was on with Mailchimp. I found Keap too complex. SendFox too basic. Then there are other platforms like Kajabi and Kartra which offers you the features, but isn't really an Email Management Platform. When I moved to ActiveCampaign in early 2000, it was the one that made the most sense. But now, from what else is out there, I know I am paying too much. It's too much of a hassle to switch and I don't have the time, so I keep using the platform. But eventually, I will reevaluate and move on to something that has better CRM features.

Pros

Creating campaigns, automations, email design, all super easy. Contacts management and list creation is also pretty straightforward and works great. High deliverability and good reporting. I like that I can track a contact's engagement history from visits to my site, to what emails were opened, links clicked. And tagging works great.

Cons

While they have a CRM option. It's not up to par. I use Pipedrive which is way more than I need, but Activecampaign's poor implementation of CRM is what drop its score big time. Plus it is expensive for what else is in the market. I keep paying because it's too much effort to move to save $20-$50 a month... but if I was looking to come in fresh, I would see what else exists.

Francesco

Used to be best in class: now they're somewhat lagging behind

Reviewed on 05/01/2024

WARNING: this review is more of a heads-up for Active Campaign, in case they ever read it :) The product is great, with very high performance and an easy set up if you are not a newbie in the marketing automation space. However:
- the prices have gone up consistently without a serious improvement in features
-despite their position in the market, their integration with woocommerce requires manual coding when it comes to syncing anything different than standard order statuses. In our case, it often happens with Woocomerce subscriptions. This does not mean that you cannot achieve a perfect sync of your ecommerce data, only that the time and testing required would substantially increase the price for our end clients (agency here). This is why whenever there is any custom woocommerce integration to deal with we tend not to advice for Active Campaign.

Pros

The automation management system is really one of the best on the market.
As mentioned, you might have to struggle for deep, manual integration if you have specific ecommerce needs (i.e. subscription products whose membership status needs to trigger actions in the automations) but a part from that their approach is still the best on the market for that, you even have an automation map to keep track of how automations connect to each other.

Cons

Right now definitely a) the cost: there is a lot of fresher solutions that come for a fraction of AC's licence cost and perform as much as good, if you are willing to close an eye on usability and some specific features. b) data export: AC tries to discourage your migration to other platforms. I.e.: if you want to export all your contacts with the information of the lists they are in, you will have to export each list separately. Also, you can't export ecommerce data together with the contacts, you will need to resync your new platform with your ecommere

Klaviyo and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

couldn't meet our client's ecommerce needs.

Strong Automation System & Ecomm DataLayer, Weak Support and Long Standing Bugs

Reviewed on 04/09/2017

Pros

Activecampaign sets the bar for building automations, with great sorting and filtering features including customer records, tags, lists, conditional rules/routing, e-commerce data such as purchases, crm pipelines and even a custom event layer. We have created very complex integrations for dozens of businesses ranging from E-Commerce stores, to Gyms to local businesses.

It's really simple to learn and use, and powerful enough to tackle even the most complex business processes. This includes in-store purchases on a POS to sending out emails or automation's based on purchases or LTV. It also supports multiple E-Commerce platforms natively, but be aware those features are nearly 4x the price to unlock after the trial.

Cons

After months of issues that resulted in one of our clients losing an excess of $40,000 in revenue, we can no longer recommend activecampaign. Poor support was to blame for this issue, with it being impossible to get someone on a call even though we pay 6 figures a year for service.

Activecampaign is growing really really fast. Because of this, They have pretty terrible support and there are also long-standing bugs that they seem to have no intention to fix. For instance, the system is supposed to generate previews for each automation's email steps and in various other places, but instance shows a broken image. We have inquired about this to the support to be told they are aware it's been broken for over a year and have no ETA or intention on repairing it. We have this problem on all our client's accounts(dozens), and it's a serious issue with UI/UX but they don't seem to care.

There are also some major logic issues, such as if you filter an automation to show anyone with 0 purchases, it doesn't work. We also inquired about this but got another non-response...

So basically, where it works, it works well but there are a few major issues and they don't seem intent on repairing them, even though they are steady releasing more features to add to their pricing tiers. Overall, it's hard to find another system that provides the ease of use, features, and value of activecampaign but the support and existing bugs are a nasty/necessary compromise.