DonorView

Write a Review!
Your nonprofit, all in one place.

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.2/5
4.6/5

Melissa

Software with Ease

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Pros

I like this software for the online auction section that can be included with events. The ease of function for closing and charging all at one time has help simplify the process. The email and text notification feature is extremely helpful to inform those that they have won and auction item.

Merging records is extremely easy in DonorView and editing information in a donor record can be completed with ease.

Cons

What I like the least is if someone creates a new record when bidding on an auction and they are already in our system it creates a duplicate record. This is extremely frustrating that it can't pick-up and recognize this and ask them a few questions to avoid the duplicate record process.

Nicole

User friendly and tailored reports

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

Pros

Tailored reports make this system great and usable for all organizations. Being able to keep credit cards on file and charge them over the phone has been amazing during Covid. The customer service and help in our transition to this software was great!

Cons

The software isn't great for online events but worked well for in person donation events

Jessica

Multiple Issues - we're switching when our contract ends

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

Pros

On the surface, it appears to do a lot.

This may be more price friendly than other products, although we pay $3,500 a year, so it's not cheap.

I do like the additional features of them mailing out tax receipts / thank you letters.

Cons

Reporting is awful. When asking for help from support, their feedback was that they know the reporting feature is not great. It's very difficult to get the information needed - especially multi year comparison -- without manually manipulating it in Excel.

Does NOT work with all browsers. We're using this for ticketing for our gala and it doesn't work on all of the browsers -- who knows how much we have missed out because of browser issues.

Peer - to - peer pages are not custom enough and don't look the best. It isn't user friendly.

The product in general is clunky. They also charge you a monthly fee for donation swipers.

Linda
  • Industry: Higher Education

The three E's: Everything, Easy and Enjoyable

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

My overall experience with DV have been phenomenal. Before DV, it took about 20 hours a week to enter gifts and get out acknowledgement letters, but with DV it takes just a few hours each week. Plus the letters are automatically attached to the donor's record. When pulling reports before DV, it took someone who knew how to word the "query" correctly, but now anyone can easily pull a report by simply selecting the button which indicates which criteria they prefer. As for email blasts, I have found DV to be just as easy as our previous provider, but much less expensive.

Pros

There are several reasons why we chose DonorView (DV) as our CRM when making the choice to switch platforms. The first being that DV offered everything in one system. Previously we were using one software for email marketing, one for event management and one for our CRM. Although the CRM we were using did offer event management and email marketing it didn't meet our needs and didn't offer connection points that DV did. DV offered everything we needed in one platform.
The second reason we chose DonorView was because of the usability. When pulling reports, mailing lists, or data, we found that we didn't need to know coding or complicated formulas, we just needed to know how to select a button. The pages are easy to understand and very user friendly. Plus if you have any questions they have videos that walk you through the different programs they offer.
Which leads me to my final reason for selecting this program; enjoyable. I have found the staff at DV to be very enjoyable and helpful. Anytime I have had a question they respond quickly and professionally. They offer a solution and will walk me through the process .

Cons

I haven't found anything that is missing from this CRM. We have only been using less than a year, and when I think they are missing something, I call about it and they show me where I can do what I want.

Reasons for Choosing DonorView

We needed something that was more user friendly and more cost effective.

Reasons for Switching to DonorView

The variety of features. The pricing.
Nicole

Giving via DonorView

Reviewed on 19/03/2020

Pros

I primarily work with the financial options available in DonorView. Before using this software, we were using more than one software system to accomplish our needs, and by switching to DonorView, we were able to consolidate into one system instead. They have a text feature that allows your constituents to easily give via their phone. It is very user friendly as an administrator to process one-time gifts and/or set up monthly giving for your constituents. We also have a giving page on our website that links directly to our account with DonorView via their portal. On the giving page you have the option to set quick give buttons ($25, $50, $100, $500, etc.) or there is an "Other" button where the user can choose the amount they would like to give. You can also set up giving for a one-time gift or recurring gifts (with options of weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) Donors can create logins and save credit/debit cards to their profiles so that they don't have to enter that information for each gift. In closing, you have the option to email giving statements at the end of the year which makes it easy to send and quick for your constituents to receive. You can also send a personal letter with the giving statements if you wish.

Cons

The text-to-give feature brings up a form for the user to fill out in order to give. I know some text-to-give platforms offer the ability to just text the amount you want to give to the number instead of filling out a form every time. I think this is more of a personal preference for the user, but I can see how texting the number is quick and easy, where filling out a form takes a little extra time.

Sarah

Not at all what we thought it would be

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Pros

The automated notifications were nice and I like being able to save reports and donor views for different looks.

Cons

The system is just overall difficult to use and a lot of the functionality we were shown during our demo ended up being add-ons that we couldn't afford. Overall, it makes targeted communication with donors difficult and limits my ability to speak to donors the way I'd like.

Maren
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Donorview was a HUGE upgrade from many systems into just one!

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

Donorview has made some great modifications based on our suggestions and has worked with us to create affordable personal solution when we really needed it. They are super quick and response to helping probelm-solve and understand the system.

Pros

We moved our database from a FileMaker system which was customized for us but was OLD and was housed on a harddrive instead of the cloud. Additionally, we used an email software, event software, an application/forms software and paypal and NONE of the programs talked to one another. All updates to the database were manual and time consuming. When we moved to Donorview it was such a breath of fresh air to have access to our database anytime/anywhere. Additionally, its exceptionally helpful to have purchases, events and donations associated with client records. We do a lot of events and the event software works flawlessly almost every single time. We also have been able to get creative with the forms/surveys function and recreate documents like waivers and applications in that system. Again, extremely helpful to have applications associated with records instead of having to manually update. Overall, we are so grateful to have a software that does pretty much everything we need it to do. We also appreciate the pricepoint for the amount of functionality that we have. We are a small non-profit so it was a good mid-range product that was accessible to us.

Cons

Donorview has an incredible breadth of functionality that is hard to find all in one software. If you analyze any one of these features by itself (event ticketing, email marketing, surveys etc) there is a bit less functionality and is less user-friendly than if you paid for any of those items individuallyl on their own. (For example, our old ticketing software gave us a few more options and was a bit easier to set up) However, having all that functionality ALL in one place at an affordable price really makes up for those minor inconveniences. (Ex. Our old ticketing system did NOT talk to our database so we had to do waivers/tracking manually which was a real pain in the butt). Overall, it has been totally worth the switch. Also, Donorview seems to be very responsive to suggestions and ideas and as a young company seems to be trying to make constant improvements in their system based on feedback. I imagine that as feedback comes in user-friendlyness will just continue to improve!,

Karen

Makes my life easier

Reviewed on 02/06/2017

Pros

I really like DonorView. There was a bit of a learning curve but you will have that with any new software. Any time I have questions or problems, they have been very quick to answer or to figure out what is causing the problem (and sometimes even letting me know that the problem is me). My biggest problem was figuring out the report function (I still have some problems but again I just send an email and they walk me through it). We looked at a few different options and by far this was the best deal around. I am very pleased with DonorView. In fact someone in our organization mentioned about maybe looking into changing software and I flat out told them that I like using donor view, it is very user friendly and if they decided to change it would be without me. That is how much I like using DonorView.

Cons

With our previous software our donors could be listed as a married couple but with DonorView (as with other softwares we looked) at each person is an individual and then put into a relationship. Not only did it significantly increase our donor base but it just didn't work for us so I ended up merging the married couples together to create one donor instead of two. It would have been nice to have that option of keeping them a married couple at the beginning of our conversion so that I wouldn't have had to do all the merging (which took quite a bit of time).

Jessica

Yay DonorView!

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

Overall DonorView has really helped us regain ability to organize all our incoming donations, donor information, volunteer information, and more. We have been able to keep all our important information in one plan and do so with ease.

Pros

What we love most about DonorView is how easy it is to use and simplicity of its functions. We started using this program a few months ago now and its so easy to learn all the features and they did a fantastic job creating support videos and questions/answers. We love the interactive ability for donors as well to use. The best part is definitely the customer service - if there has ever been any confusion or questions, the employees of DonorView have done a tremendous job at facilitating any issues or even creating new features and etc. Overall fantastic program.

Cons

The only thing I can really think of would be in regards to my PRO point of its simplicity. In just a couple areas it could be too simple and limiting.

Taylor

DonorView - The all in one software for non-profit organizations

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

We work in the non-profit youth ministry sector and have locations across 8 different states. After maintaining a software that we created many years ago, we made a decision to get out of the software business and outsource all software to allow us to focus more on our mission as opposed to software management. All this being said, we spent a few years researching different software companies all to find that we were unable to find a company to fit all of our needs in one place. After visiting with a lot of the large and leading software companies in this industry, we came across DonorView which gave us the opportunity to find a company that had the different pieces of software we were looking for that was all under one roof like donor tracking/management, tracking leader to student interactions, event registration, email communication and much more.

Pros

The best part about DonorView for our organization is that it fills our need of being an all-in-one software that allows us to do donor tracking/processing/management, event registration, email communication, student and volunteer tracking, and much more.

Cons

The thing we like least about DonorView is that it is taking us a little while to get used to a new system and we have found things along the way that needed slight adjustments to make them work for our specific needs. Though this has been a small hurdle for our organization, DonorView has been very helpful in providing continued training and has been very willing to work with us to make the software work for us.

Tammie

Donorview and Non Profit Usage for Donor Management

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Overall experience - I am more efficient in my job (with the exception of the mailmerge feature) - and therefore able to be about the other many tasks that come with the job I have at The Mission.

Pros

I like the ease of use. We used to have a different software that you almost needed to be a programmer to understand how to run simple reports. Donorview makes reports very easy and is easy to train new users on how to use the software as well.

Cons

The mailmerge feature for thank you letters ....

Kim

Donorview Review

Reviewed on 02/11/2021

Despite our struggles to learn this program, there are some specific staff within their support team who are marvelous.

Pros

We use Donorview primarily for the donations. And we are VERY happy with the program. There are lots of other options that this program offers, and we are slowly looking into those.

Cons

Our biggest struggle with this database has been the training. The training section of videos is cumbersome, and the support is only available via email. It takes us weeks-months to figure out how to do something new, or figure out how to utilize the program to do what we need it to do.

Philip

Robust Donation and Donor Management tool

Reviewed on 06/10/2021

Overall, it's a robust system with a lower learning curve for organizations looking to use a CRM and Donation system for the first time.

Pros

The ability to be up and running immediately was key. Integration of our date from another system was pretty seamless. Taking online donations, tracking contributions, keep track of donors and managing their information is pretty easy with DonorView. Customer service is very responsive to emails, and will jump on a call if you require assistance.

Cons

Their pricing could be a little easier to understand. While they have a lower price for smaller non-profits like us, their overall pricing is tied to the number of donor records you have, so we ended up back at a much higher price than we started with. They also have unique pricing for different features within the software, which aren't clearly defined.

Sheryl

Donorview has been a great software for our organization.

Reviewed on 03/06/2017

Everything is in one place. We were able to combine a few of our software programs into one.

Pros

I like the great customer service. They are very responsive to our needs. We have been with Donorview for a few years. We are happy that they take our suggestions seriously and are able to add features to the software as we have needed them. It has been very helpful. We like Donorview because we were able to combine multiple softwares we were using and now just have one.

Cons

I wish that we could use our current ACH provider for online donations. This would save us cost and additional paperwork.

Jennifer

Easy to Use Software

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Donorview has taken the guesswork out of so much for us. They even designed our webpage, and the webpage service has been vital to the mission. Donor information is easy to locate & track. This software is straightforward to use.

Pros

We love the ease of the software. Simple to learn. Makes email marketing & fundraising fun to use. Makes donor relations better.

Cons

The least favorite would be not reaching a live person. However, they quickly get back to you and take time to resolve the issue and help you navigate through the software.

Liz

Happy Donorview user

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

Overall, we are finding DonorView fits the bill for our organization. It has a little bit of everything, which is just enough for us!

Pros

I really like that Donorview offers a little bit of everything. That was what convinced us that it was the right product for us. We are a small non-profit performing arts organization and we not only fundraise but also host events. So the CRM is critical but also the Events features have been invaluable.

Cons

I find the reporting a little challenging to figure out. I end up using trial and error to find the right combination of boxes to tick to get the info I need.

Waddy

DonorView makes CRM easy and affordable with very reasonable prices and great support staff.

Reviewed on 01/06/2017

Better control of donor information

Better control of donor information

Pros

The DonorView support staff is first class. They go out of their way to get you what you need, even if it's not part of the normal package, and their response time is the fastest I've ever encountered. After learning a few ins and outs, the program itself is very easy to use. I do wish there were some standard "canned" reports rather than relying on expert knowledge in Excel to manipulate the data.

Cons

Although DV has been extremely accommodating to my requests for additional fields, it would be wonderful it all fields from all tables could be available on any screen. This would allow various cross-tab reports that are so important to analyzing donor patterns.

Sarah
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Our experience with DonorView has been completely exceptional!

Reviewed on 07/07/2017

DonorView far surpasses our previous system for record keeping. In addition, it has allowed us to eliminate a variety of outside subscriptions because of its multi-faceted capabilities. Since implementing this software, we are more organized, which allows us to be more successful as an organization!

Pros

The database is extremely intuitive and user friendly which has made the process of transitioning that much easier. The staff at DonorView is amazing and provided immediate and thorough support for every question I threw their way. I will recommend to anyone I know!

Ray

Great Program

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Pros

The ease of use and the newsletter feature is very good.

Cons

The text messaging functionality wasn’t good

Bonterra Guided Fundraising

Reasons for Switching to DonorView

Pricing and functionality
Marvel

Has more capability than we use. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of additional...

Reviewed on 05/07/2017

Database management, reports generation

Database management, reports generation

Pros

The functionality of the software for multiple purposes is appreciated. We can use it for more than just donor tracking.

Cons

Some aspects are not intuitive. After struggling to figure how to do various tasks, we have found the help support to be quickly responsive, though.

Barry
  • Industry: Veterinary

Nothing is perfect, but DonorView is close

Reviewed on 06/07/2017

We were able to combine multiple databases by moving to DonorView. Also, we became more mobile with the cloud-based DonorView.

Pros

DonorView provides a better service at a fair price when compared to our last software program we used for donations. The customer support is fantastic, they are fast to respond, always friendly, and rapidly solve problems.

Cons

I do not like the high credit card processing fees. The learning curve has been a lot longer than expected.

Alexis

Difficult to Learn Software

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

They do an amazing presentation that reels you into loving the software, but you quickly find out how awkward and difficult to use it is. It also takes a while to load the software with your date so that it is "useable", and by that time the free trial is over and you are locked into a contract.

Pros

I enjoy being able to create a newsletter and see a snapshot of how well it performed once sent.

Cons

As a millennial I consider myself very adaptable to new technology, but this platform is just overall difficult to use. There are training videos available and you can sign up for webinar training sessions, but even during those live sessions they have an agenda of items to cover (not all of which are relevant to what you may be trying to use the software for) and there is minimal time to have someone actually answer your questions. If you pay more, of course you can have more individualized training, but all the clunkiness of the software it is a big deterrent from using this platform in the future.

Susan

Excellent Value

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

DonorView has made keeping track of your donors and mailing lists so much easier. It's all in one place instead of being spread out over a variety of applications.

Pros

DonorView is easy to use and is very feature rich and comparable to much costlier products. Having mailing lists and donor management all in one place has been very helpful and a big time savings.

Cons

Some of the navigation is a little confusing.

Allison

DonorView is a very straight forward, easy product to use.

Reviewed on 19/06/2017

Pros

How you're able to customize how your data is inputted, the availability of certain fields. Also how you're able to sort information similar to an Excel file.

Cons

It would be great if the speed of Donorview could be increased. Often times it takes a while to load certain pages.

Brian

Very good product

Reviewed on 02/02/2024

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Onboarding was great as well as their website builder.

Cons

I couldn’t afford the full support package and getting help is hard through emails only. I prefer to talk to customer support.