Xtensio

Data visualization and presentation software

4.2/5

Robert
Robert
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Electronic Media Kit

Reviewed on 20/03/2023

We are a start-up craft brewery. I wear a lot of hats. I needed something that I can control, edit easily, distribute, and make it look like our product. Xtensio made that pretty darn easy.

Pros

Xtensio gave me what I was looking for - a customizable Media Kit template that I can share with our media contacts. I can now share press releases, images, video, etc. in our media outreach. That we were able to do this as quickly as we did surprised the rest of the team.

Cons

A minor issue but the application could be a bit more intuitive. Customer Service was on hand to answer my questions.

Ron
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Communication made easy

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

Overall,my experience with Xtensio has been very good, from the product through customer service. On a recent business trip, I used a presentation that I had stored on Xtensio. When participants asked me for a copy, all I had to do was copy that link from Xtensio and paste it into an email!
Very efficient.

Pros

For me, Xtensio is an easy-to-use app that lets me create marketing document, presentation and attachments easily, with a minimum of effort. The fact that I can include my Xtensio publication as a link in an email or text message is a big plus. People that I contact also appreciate the ability to click on the link in my email and see the document I'm referencing. Above all, ease of composition.

RG

Cons

No cons. Frankly, I have never used a piece of software that was so easy to set up and use.

Response from Fake Crow

Hi Ron,

It's great to hear that Xtensio has been such a great fit for your marketing efforts! That's exactly what we love to hear :)

Thanks for the 5 stars!

Cheers,

Lauren from Xtensio

Louise
  • Used for 1-5 months

The worst customer service - deleted all my work!

Reviewed on 23/02/2019

Pros

Nothing - they have caused me nothing but problems

Cons

The fact that I spent 12 hours working to a deadline using the tool to create persona's, and then asked to cancel my rolling conscription as I only needed the service as a one-off. Before I had time to download the personas in a PDF format, my account was simply DELETED. I received an email from someone explaining that they don't allow you to cancel your subscription and then continue using the product for the remaining time in the month that you have already paid for.

Before I had a chance to see and reply to the email, I was given 48 hours warning, supposedly, my account and all the work I had completed for a client and their deadline for the last two days was gone.

I actually cannot believe that a company could actually be so tight-fisted to do that to freelancers. Absolutely disgusted.

Of course, I have invoiced Xtensio for my lost work, but I doubt I'll ever get any remuneration from them unless I pursue legal action directly.

Do yourself a favour - avoid this scam!

Response from Fake Crow

Hi Louis,

We're very sorry to hear about your frustration!

We reply to all cancellation requests noting that we will do so within 48 hours. This policy is outlined on our site and terms, but we do note that you can reply within 24 hours if you change your mind and want to keep your account active. Since you replied before that time we had not moved forward with deleting your team yet.

It seems that there was some confusion because you were logged into your personal dashboard instead of your custom team dashboard where you had been creating your folios. I hope my instructions helped you get to your team dashboard and find these folios.

Just to clarify a bit more, if you'd like to download but don't plan on using the platform in your regular workflow, you can always purchase export credits without upgrading to one of our premium plans. These credit purchases are a one-time payment, will never expire from your account and allow you to export 10 downloads.

Lauren

Geoff
  • Industry: Research

Turbo-charges short document production

Reviewed on 23/05/2023

Needed to rollout three 2-page info sheets for leave behinds on a pitch. Customized quickly with images, branding and graphics so was freed up to finish the concept and have the end result look professional consistent.

Pros

It essentially allows me to get started on a well-designed template that is easy to customize and saves time.

Cons

Some customization/re-sizing features are not there yet, for example the charts seem to embed well but can't be re-sized within their

Pooja
  • Industry: Design

Great way to be creative

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

great experience, ease in use

great experience, ease in use

Pros

templates for persona was a great way to incorporate designs into websites

Cons

nothing much, I havent come across any such things

Isabelle
  • Industry: Information Services

Information Architect

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

Very hood

Very hood

Pros

Easy to use. Good for data and informational architecture

Cons

Sometimes hard to get all the platforms to look alike

Devendra
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Wonderful to have this tool!

Reviewed on 29/09/2023

Pros

Easy to use and impactful content visualisation

Cons

This is nothing much i came across so far

𝐌𝐨𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐝
𝐌𝐨𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐝
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Professional & Elegant

Reviewed on 25/11/2021

All project documentation can be done easily with Xtensio.

All project documentation can be done easily with Xtensio.

Pros

Professional and elegant designs plus well-structured documents.

Cons

Even though there are many templates in Xtensio, I wish to see more and more in the future.

Response from Fake Crow

We're thrilled to hear that Xtensio has helped you create professional documents! We'll be adding more templates to the gallery in 2022 so be on the lookout for updates from us!

Esubalew
  • Industry: Online Media

Uncovering the Strengths and Weaknesses of Xtensio on Capterra.

Reviewed on 23/09/2023

I appreciate its intuitive interface, interactive design elements and customizable templates

Pros

its user-friendly interface, customizable templates, collaborative features, interactive design elements, and insightful analytics.

Cons

the limited free features, occasional glitches, lack of advanced customization options, and the learning curve for new users.

Pratik
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Next Gen Empire builder

Reviewed on 20/08/2023

I love this

I love this

Pros

Most like the features and I mostly used this is a presentation

Cons

There is Style guide features I can't understand this.

Adobe Acrobat Reader
Silvia

Great tool for creating professional-looking documents

Reviewed on 30/04/2023

Pros

The platform allows me to create beautiful and professional-looking documents, such as business plans, proposals, and presentations, without needing any design skills. One of the things I love about Xtensio is the wide variety of templates available. Whether I need to create a marketing plan or a project proposal, there's a template that fits my needs. The drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to customize the templates and add my own content.

Cons

While using Xtensio, I did encounter an issue with exporting Chinese characters. However, I reported this bug to their customer support team and was pleasantly surprised by how quickly they were able to fix it for me in just a week!

Nicole

Decent platform, needs to evolve aesthetics

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

I just replaced it a few weeks ago with realtimeboard but my subscription had to be prepaid for the year. I think it needs to decide whether it’s trying to be a collaboration tool or a website builder because right now it does both mediocre

Pros

The software is simple and easy to use, great business plan features they just added. Has a few great templates

Cons

Aesthetically it leaves something to be desired for sure.

Response from Fake Crow

Hey Nicole,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We're always in the process of optimizing and refining the app and our positioning so really appreciate your suggestions.

Hope you'll stay in touch as we continue to grow!

Lauren from Xtensio

Marika
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Say yes to Xtensio!

Reviewed on 15/05/2023

I really like using Xtensio. I use it for a lot of things. It is very easy to use. I really like the templates that you can use and adapt to your preferences. I would really recommend using Xtensio!

Pros

I really like that it is so easy to use and that you have tons of templates to choose from that you can adjust to your preferences.

Cons

It is a little bit unclear when my free trial ended and I wanted to subscribe for the basic subscription.

Mark
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Very nice templates

Reviewed on 07/04/2023

Pros

Very elaborate and well designed templates make my life easier for creating presentations and personas.

Cons

The options for Fonts can be a bit limiting. Also the free trial is too short.

Dan
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Easy to use, fairly priced, gets the job done

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

Pros

We don't take advantage of many of the features offered, but it's nice that were not paying an exorbitant amount for a product where we'll only use 10% of its capabilities. Being able to create nice marketing/presentation docs is what I need and this gets the job done and is easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes the formatting is tricky and copying and pasting from outside sources isn't always as clean and easy as I'd like, but that could be user error on my part too.

• Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used for Free Trial

Investor One Pager with Xtensio

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

Overall, I loved Xtensio. It was great bang for your buck and we were able to produce a clean, professional, graphically pleasing one pager that we use at my startup when we do Investor reach out.

Pros

It allowed us to build a one pager for free!

Cons

There are certain things - not being able to move images to the correct spot on the page, some rigidity format wise, that are a little bit frustrating to work with.

Response from Fake Crow

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind review! It's great to hear that Xtensio helped your team create clean and professional business documents.

You can always use Xtensio for free. Our free plan allows you to keep one active folio on your dashboard, access all basic editing features and share your finished folios as live web pages or full-screen digital presentations.

For formatting, canvases are a great way to divide your folios into columns and have more control of where you can move modules on the page! Let us know if you have any questions in the app, we're always happy to help.

Lauren Haynes

Danielle

One stop shop for all your PM needs

Reviewed on 15/06/2020

Overall, this is a great product as a Product Manager - I can create Product Canvases, User Personas, Comparative Personas.

Pros

Xtensio has some great templates and is easy to get started. Navigation is simple once you've used it a few times.

Cons

I don't like the notifications/chat pop up - there is always a message for me and it's usually not something I need but I feel obligated to click it because it's displayed right in front of me.

Arman
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
  • Used for Free Trial

Xtensio

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Pros

It's a nice software for creating presentations with several templates divided into respective categories. The templates have modern look, there can be added several sections to the templates like social media icons with inserted links, email form and other modules.

Cons

The cons are as follows: the software is not free, which means one cannot download the result in PDF or PNG formats which are only available in upgraded purchased plan mode. The software does not allow to use more than one template in free mode. Thus having a nice templates, the software offers very limited functions for free usage.

Response from Fake Crow

Hey Arman,

Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear you've liked Xtensio's templates.

Keep in mind that you can always archive a folio to make room for a new one on your free plan.

Cheers,

Lauren

Cheyanne

McMurrays odd jobs

Reviewed on 06/04/2023

Pros

Easy to use and very great always love designing

Cons

Nothing it works amazingly and great designs

Its good for one pagers, with some coding knowledge

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

It is fine for a starter product for creating marketing pieces. It is affordable and does the job for simple projects.

Pros

The clean design and layout options present an institutional image.

Cons

It feels like I am designing a website at times. I am often frustrated by needing to modify the HTML code in order to edit the line spacing and the limited ability to adjust image size.

Mara

Xtensio a Potentially Great Tool for UX

Reviewed on 02/04/2023

Pros

Xtensio has beautiful UX Persona templates, which is what I mainly use their service for. However, I would use it more for other UX design tasks if they can add or improve some features I mentioned on the rating page.

Cons

There are key features missing, such as layout, size, and typography customization, that are standard features of other applications I use, like Miro, Lucidchart, Google Docs, Powerpoint, and even MS Word.

Chris
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent Templates

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

Pros

I operate a brand management company and the templates make it easy to make different brands across different industries.

Cons

I can’t name anything. Superior software!

Charles
Charles

For Lovers of Product Templates

Reviewed on 12/03/2023

Pros

I like that it allows us to easily create and manage a wide range of product-related content, including business plans, market research, customer personas, and more. The platform is also highly customizable, with a variety of templates and widgets that can be tailored to meet the specific needs of each user.

Cons

I really liked the connection between certain related templates in a series.

Eric

Great product

Reviewed on 13/04/2023

Pros

Thanks for making such an awesome software suite. Fantastic ease of use I enjoy using it to share various documents between colleagues around the office, plus the gui is extremely helpful and I look forward to seeing it develop through time

Cons

It's overall cost. Everything wants to charge a subscription rate, leaving my bank account bled dry

• Industry: Research

Fantastic and simple collaboration platform

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

I mostly use it to create UX work products such as personas, presentation of UX evaluation results, user scenarios, user journeys and similar. It is simple to use and the results always look good.

Pros

It has a great range of templates and flexibility in use. The free trial allows investigating all the possibilities of the tool. So far, this is the best looking tool for the documents sharing and collaboration and the creation of communication artifacts.

Cons

A very limited trial in terms of only 1 template can be used at a time. Changing the layout of existing templates is not always straightforward.