AMGtime

Employee time clock and attendance tracking with biometrics

4.4/5
4.1/5
4.2/5
4.2/5

Keith
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

AMG is very powerful and should fit most needs.

Reviewed on 30/04/2020

AMG was purchased when we opened a new facility to track workers. We also wanted to avoid "buddy punching", and AMG has a great mix of hardware to solve this. Hand print, facial recognition, and finger prints are all easy to setup to talk with the software.

I recently setup smart phone app, and again to avoid buddy punching or fraud, I've forced pictures to be taken when a user swipes, and it records their location using GPS. I could geo-fence this location if needed quite easily in the software by entering the address where remote workers are expected to be.

Overall this is a GREAT product that was so much more value for the money. I've had previous experience with TimeTrak, Kronos, and Workday. There is nothing any of those did that is missing in this package that was much more affordable for a smaller company.

Pros

The software is designed in a way to be flexible and adaptable to fit the needs of business, including those who have reason to be a bit more complex, such as tracking time by time or adjusting by department.

Customer Support is friendly, responsive, and "on the ball".

Tech Support is usually right with their first suggestion. They can connect in easily with TeamViewer to solve more complex issues. Usually pretty fast to get them on a chat or the phone.

Cons

For me I think documentation could be better, more thorough. My suggestion would be a manual.... 50, 100, how ever many pages are needed to fully document the features, how to configure them, and how to use them.

Most things can be found in the KB online, but I find I have to piece together notes from built-in Help file and the KB to figure out how to configure something. This is why, for me, a manual would be great.

more videos on YouTube would be helpful for those new to this product and new to systems like this all together.

Bill
  • Industry: Food Production

A Tremendous value in Time & Attendance software

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

We've been impressed with the value AMGtime has given us. The provide payroll export files for a huge number of different payroll packages, and they now include a Payroll Wizard that lets you create custom export files if your payroll software is not already supported. This worked perfectly in our case using CenterPoint Payroll.

Pros

AMGTime provided our business with a very versatile and flexible software package that was able to address all our needs including some rather non-standard requirements.
The On Premise software gave us a huge value providing those features at a cost comparable to paying for just 2-3 months of cloud based packages.
Customer support has been very good and they have been able to answer most questions or resolve issues quickly including remote entry to our system to fix a couple of problems we ran into early in implementation.
We have been using the software with approx. 300 employees for about 4 years, and couldn't be happier.

Cons

Documentation is a little lacking. The main documentation is within the included help file and is quite thorough, but really only explains the functions of each element/entry on the screens.
What's missing is detailed procedural instructions that explains how everything works together.
AMG's support center does have some additional tutorials, but you have to ask them for a copy.
One other thing is apparently English is not the native language of the person who wrote the help files and they have some sentence structural issues, but you can easily understand the intention.

Mackenzie

AMG gets the job done

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Pros

Their interface is pretty simple to use. It's easy to teach new managers how to correct their employee's times and enter PTO.

The fact that they have an app where our employees can clock in and out is huge for us considering we have a lot of employees out in the field. It's a super simple interface as well. All employees have to do is hit a button and they're clocked in. We also like that we can track where they clocked in and out.

There are plenty of reports that we can run when needed.

Cons

It has bugs and issues quite often. I am constantly having issues where I am entering an employee's time and a 'short lunch bonus' pops up that I end up having to manually delete. There are a few other bugs that happen as well.

You can't create custom reports. You have to use what they offer and can't make any changes to them. It would be nice if we could at least make changes to the reports they offer to make them simpler to read, especially the timecard report. They pack too many numbers on there and it confuses our employees as to what to actually look for.

Eric
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Unbelievable software with an unbeatable price

Reviewed on 30/04/2020

Pros

I am in the payroll consulting and payroll processing business for nursing homes. I have been using AMGtime for 2+ years and I have been recommending this software to anyone looking for a new software. The biggest pros by far are their price and the systems ability to tie everything together in the system for ease of use. Unlike any of the competition, they are on the cutting edge of technology and social media always doing their best to improve on the already great product that they have.

Cons

The biggest con I would say is for people who are just beginning to use this software. The customer service team is really great and responsive with questions but for someone not familiar with time and attendance, they will find it hard to get instructions.

Mirsha

Fast and Efficient

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

I needed to get time cards for a couple of inactive employees. I wasn't able to figure why one of them didn't have any time cards at all. I call and was able to talk to the rep. The rep was able to figure it out that some one got into their account and didn't added an inactive status but just made the one they had to inactive. After that it was easy to get those time cards.

Pros

Easy to use, What I like most that when I called I got the rep on the phone. My co-worker got a different person and didn't have the same experience. Thanks to the rep for all your help!

Cons

Not having a guide book to read with all of the system information

Serge

adsc

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

love the product. it does what we need

Pros

all features. AMG also did customize a feature per our request.

Cons

nothing much. it is compatible with many devices.

Au
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Easy to setup

Reviewed on 03/05/2021

Pros

missed punch, absence, alert for backup reminder

Cons

domain user network can only open the software from C:\program files (x86)\AMGtime\AMG Attendance System\AMGtime.exe

Shane

Excel

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Pros

it is pretty customizable, fairly easy to use

Cons

the polling process can take a while, sometimes locks up

Austin
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

10/10

Pros

It's easy to access and easy to use. Also, the cusomer service is great.

Cons

My employee's hands dont always wanna scan.

Dallas
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Customer Support is not there

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Pros

Ability to run reports. Also the ability to pick and choose the features that you want to include in your package. Our Sales Contact person is a gem!

Cons

Changes are made and not communicated. Customer Service is very difficult to get in touch with. Agents are abrasive and unhelpful.

Ayala
  • Industry: Wholesale

great

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Pros

i like the fact that it has an app so I can check it from my phone

Cons

i have not found any flaws as of now yet

june
  • Industry: Food Production

Break down of the Tablet is too many times

Reviewed on 28/05/2020

Pros

easy to upload too my payroll dept, reports are easy to receive to all my team

Cons

it always breaks down at least 3 times a year and since you are a small business the customer services isnt able to assist or get a hold of technical support right away

Mimi

Ok

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

It's been ok...sometimes frustrating and sometimes great

Pros

It tracks time for employees-employees have easy time using it

Cons

too many options in scheduling that are not clear

Brett

AMGtime Review

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Pros

The pbj reporting is easy to use. The reports are easy to use overall.

Cons

Some of the steps in entering time seem outdated

Kevin
  • Industry: Human Resources

AMAZING

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Our business has been able to streamline our payroll procedures and timekeeping reconciliation reporting.

Pros

The AMG timekeeping system is very practical and easy to use application.

Cons

All seems to be working well. No lag time and very supportive staff.

Justin
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

AMGtime Review

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

It's very easy and when you hit a glitch just call executive. It's perfect

Pros

ease of use and executive as my tech support go to guy. He is fantastic and patient. Unlike some others I got on the phone. Only deal with executive.

Cons

a few tech support representatives very unhelpful. Just looking to push a training course. Terrible

Robert
  • Industry: Plastics

2 Year User

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

Pros

Feature / Cost value.
Scalability. Local install / Not web-prescription based pricing.

Cons

Some features are web based only. No remote access.

Russ
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Used for 1-5 months

Migration Engineer & Technical Support

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

The technical support engineers are knowledgeable, personable, & patient. They treated me as a fellow professional. The company should expand technical support to cover normal business hours in the Eastern time zone. I was VERY DISAPPOINTED I had to wait until lunch time to get technical support. Also, I had to pad this review with extra periods before it was accepted (also disappointing).

Pros

The technical support professionals

Cons

Technical support availability