Keynote

Software for creating and editing custom presentations

4.9/5
4.7/5
4.6/5
4.2/5

Juan Pablo
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

excellent tool for professional presentations

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

It has helped me to professionalize my presentations, providing better graphics and complete management of exposure times.

Pros

the user interface is very intuitive and provides many possibilities to professionalize project presentations

Cons

poor compatibility with windows software and complementary tools

Reasons for Choosing Keynote

for the graphics and the possibilities to animate and automate my presentations more efficiently

Reasons for Switching to Keynote

for the possibilities of improving the graphics and animations of the presentations
Vincent

Well done, but not up with the rest of the world

Reviewed on 09/07/2022

If you don't have any other option, then this is pretty good. But if you can afford a better presentation software, then it's a no-brainer. Competitors have larger feature sets and more usable UIs.

Pros

The UI is minimal and clean, it has good export/import funciontalities. It's relatively easy to operate.

Cons

Templates are not updated, they need to be versioned, which leads to mismateches in styles of presentations within the company. The editor UI is sometimes difficult to use.

François
  • Industry: Human Resources

More over Poser Point

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

I have been using Keynote since 2005. The adaptation period (coming form PowerPoint) was about 3 weeks.
Never looked back.
Each time I have to use PowerPoint because a client want to use the presentation on a PC reminds me how awful PP is compare to Keynote.
Keynote is a professional presentation software and anybody I know who has used it does not want to go back to Powerpoint

Pros

Very sophisticated yet easy to use
User interface is vastly superior to Powerpoint
Easily convertible to Ppt format if required.
Compatible with ppt format
Super animations
Fully compatible with the rest of the Apple suite
Using Keynote with a projector is a breeze!

Cons

File size is surprisingly high.
Some bullet are not reproduced adequately when importing to ppt format
Imported files for ppt format sometimes have to be rearranged
Font compatibility between ppt files

Reasons for Switching to Keynote

Keynote is Free with he purchase of a Mac. Updates are free and so are upgrade. Amazing product with it usability and most importantly the end results : presentations are stunning!
Dan
  • Industry: Photography

Keynote for Mac Users and works with Microsoft too

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

Great. As an Apple user I love being able to use an iPad, iPhone or Macbook to edit my files. The files are reliable and look really great for presentations or lessons that I give.

Pros

This software utilizes integration with the cloud, for easy access and editing from anywhere. It is very comparable to Powerpoint, just takes a little getting used to where everything is. I think some features work better in Keynote while others are better in Powerpoint.

Cons

Getting used to a different interface was a minor annoyance and worth it. The good news is Numbers, Keynote and Pages are very similar in their tool layouts, so learn one and you learn them all, to an extent.

Charron
  • Industry: Entertainment

Keynote time

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

It has been useful for my short presentation that I needed it for and I use it a lot for my overlays and animated images on Imovie project. plus it is free.

Pros

I have been a powerpoint user for a long time. But this is the first time I can stay on mac programs and not rely on Microsoft products. I can put together a presentation and send it to my Iphone or Ipad and be ready to go. I started to use IMovie and I found out the people use Keynote to make overlays for their Imovie projects.

Cons

There are a few things that Keynote lacks from Powerpoint. But It is better than google slides.

Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides

It came with Imac Operating system upgrade in the APP Store
Vinicius
  • Industry: Chemicals

A perfect tool for amazing presentations

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

I can create amazing documents through Keynote, but I need much storage on my computer and in my iCloud.

Pros

This is the only software I know that allows the creation of such beautiful documents, with several features available to use creativity and leave an impeccable design in my creations. In addition, through it, I can also share documents and make changes with other people.

Cons

Unfortunately, Keynote uses a lot of storage, which is a big downside, making my iCloud more expensive as a result. Another negative point is that it is a limited-use software since only Apple users can enjoy it, making it difficult to share files.

Raquel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Power Point? What's that?

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

Pros

Mother of God. I can't live without this tool. I love how simple and intuitive it is. I don't want to know anything more about Power Point. For me, Keynote is the best in interface, animations and design.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about her. I find it perfect.

Probably the easiest way to make great presentations

Reviewed on 09/07/2022

Pros

The tool is free for all apple devices. It is very easy to put together a great presentation. The embedded templates are very neat.

Cons

I love everything about this tool, prefer to use it way more than competition.

• Industry: Human Resources

Good for fancy presentations

Reviewed on 08/08/2022

Pros

It offers easy process for preparing a presentation or report. All templates are cool and easy to find. You can pick cool colors, cool fonts and a cool template. It makes easier to prepare report and presentation because some templates including titles and in this way you can create your content plan.

Cons

It is working only Apple devices (naturally) but I don't have all Apple devices :)) and another presentations tools have wider template markets.

Javier
  • Industry: Entertainment

Keynote is the perfect option for those that aren't graphic designers

Reviewed on 18/04/2022

Even when the main use of this software is to create slideshows, if you master it enough , it can become your main graphic design tool, specially if you need to make graphics for your live streaming or create a small intro for your show (my case).
If you're a mac user, switch to Keynote. It has more integration to other apps and between devices (you can control your slideshows on a mac using your iPhone app, either using bluetooth or Wifi. That features is really cool.

Pros

The interface is easier to understand that powerpoint, and has a lot of more features. It's important to clarify that this is an Apple product, available on Macs, iPhones and iPads. There's an option to access Keynote from a web browser on a PC once you setup an iCloud account, so you can create / modify files from the web, but it will depend of your browser and internet connection.

Cons

It's Mac / iOS only, doesn't have a PC app. A desktop app for PC integrated to an iCloud account would be great to attract PC users

Steve
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Keynote - great for pastors!

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

On the whole, it's been helpful, but I definitely prefer both PowerPoint and Slides over Keynote.

Pros

I love the aesthetically pleasing templates that Keynote offers you when choosing to create a presentation! Of all the options, Keynote definitely looks the best.

Cons

I don't like the need to (apparently) constantly update the app on my laptop. One time, I failed to update Keynote for a long period of time (my fault, I admit), but it really screwed up my ability to access older presentations.

Reasons for Choosing Keynote

I made the switch because I switched from a PC to a Mac.

Guadalupe
  • Industry: Research

Keynote is everything you need

Reviewed on 14/04/2022

I love Keynote for creating and editing not only my presentations but documents in general. It gives me creative freedom to play with the design and I can have all my important documents in several formats in a single one. The animations are on point and just what I need nothing too explosive but a simple and easy tool to highlight my points. I enjoy all the tools and how I can add all my external tools and formats while working on it.

Pros

I love working with Keynote for creating all kinds of documents. The formats and variations between them are easy to follow. I have the freedom to be creative when editing and developing my presentations, documents and even personal albums.

Cons

It might be a bit weird starting to create your presentations if you are used to pre-created formats. Sometimes it feels like you don't know how to start

Azeem

It is more than just a Presentation Software

Reviewed on 09/04/2022

I am able to turn around faster, think clearer and experiment with agility.

Pros

There's never been a product easier than Keynote I have ever used in my entire career.
I use Keynote for presentations, pitch templates, UI design, graphic designing and sometimes video as well. This software is simple by design and just lets you experiment by giving a blank canvas.

For creative people, sometimes not having a bunch of templates is a boon because it frees you up from restrictions imposed by simply looking at a template and how it can be. Keynote let's you CREATE and that's the best part about it.

Cons

With more shapes and pre-loaded media, Keynote could go to a whole new level altogether. But other than that, there's nothing missing with Keynote.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Keynote vs Powerpoint

Reviewed on 20/02/2022

Pros

Keynote is the best software for presentations. Period!. I had been using Powerpoint as I was a Windows user, but I actually changed to Mac mainly because I wanted to use Keynote. Yes, I do many presentations!

Keynote is very easy to use, it's feature-rich and has the best UX in software like this.

Cons

Not many... Perhaps I miss tools for simple photo-editing within the app.

Mario

Keynote review

Reviewed on 06/03/2022

Presentation are built easily and are more attractive than PowerPoint

Pros

Easy to use. Can use transparency in graphics

Cons

Export to PowerPoint for others destroys effects

System Switch

Reasons for Switching to Keynote

First I thought to stick to PowerPoint, but Keynote is built-in so I tried it.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Just a Little Bit Nicer Than the Others

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

Keynote helps me look more professional than my solopreneur operation would naturally allow. I can quickly turn out great looking pieces of content. Keynote appears to be less known or used which is to my advantage because I often get compliments and requests to know what I used that leads to more client engagement.

Pros

The templates are top notch and make it really easy and intuitive to put together a classy, high quality presentation easily. As most of my work world moved to Zoom (and is planning to stay), being able to quickly create backgrounds, visual cueing and information sharing has been critical. There are lots of slide presentation apps but Keynote's taste and layout suggestions are just a bit nicer. I consistently get feedback and requests for "tips" about how I got my slides to look so good.

Cons

Converting Keynote slides into Google Slides takes a couple of steps to work around. You can covert directly in app to PowerPoint, .pdf, .gifs, etc but not Slides yet, which is the most common request from my end users.

cory
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Transition from my youth

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

Love it. Glad to have it included with my Mac. I definitely wouldn't purchase Powerpoint. I would consider buying keynote if it didn't come free.

Pros

I am a die hard apple fan. I have only ever owned a Mac desktop or laptop. That being said, I grew up on Powerpoint. I like the cleaner look than the old versions of powerpoint I used to use. Even using powerpoint on a Mac, always had a very "PC" vibe to it. Creating slides is very simple. I don't have much of a need for presentations now, but I think it would be very easy to hit the ground running.

Cons

My only con completely contradicts my pros. When I was in school, we used a lot of powerpoint. I was constantly looking for the old features instead of getting used to the new, cleaner layout. I think it would just take a presentation or two for a long time Microsoft user to get used to Keynote.

Denisse
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Keynote is everything you need

Reviewed on 14/03/2022

I love Keynote, is my day-to-day helper. I can create fast presentations for those unexpected meetings, have all my protocols in order and get access to them from all my devices and in all document types

Pros

Is it great! I love all the features and the capabilities to create many documents from fun photo albums to formal presentations. It is very intuitive so, I can make my job very fast and still have time for other activities. The conversion between several document types works great and the sharing option helps me a lot in rush meeting

Cons

To me, the animations are pretty simple and block a bit the creativity while trying to impress and retain attention

Matej
  • Industry: Media Production

Best for Mac users

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

Keynote is a great tool for presentations, but not the one I use the most. The only reason for that is the fact that our company usually demands presentation files for Powerpoint or links to Google Slides. Converting files then becomes somewhat of a hassle. Otherwise, it is really easy to set up slides. I use Keynote whenever I can present from my computer.

Pros

It works seamlessly with any Apple device. Design options are superior to Google Slides or Powerpoint. I can move slides with my Apple watch!

Cons

I like Keynote, but only use it when I am 100 % certain I would be able to use my computer to present. If that is not the case, I usually do the presentation in Google Slides. I am not too happy with exporting to other formats (due to some minor design changes).

John

Simply the best presentation package.

Reviewed on 11/04/2022

Keynote has made creating presentations an effortless process. I would not trade it for any other presentation product.

Pros

I love how easy Keynote is to use. It allows me to focus on my presentation and not on figuring out the software.

Cons

I always have to save my gorgeous Keynote presentation as a Powerpoint because the venue I am presenting at doesn't support Keynote.

• Industry: Media Production

Easy and elegant presentations

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Pros

I have not used a lot of Keynote, but from my short experience I can say that it is really a great program as it is very simple to use but above all it allows you to make very beautiful presentations in a short time. A really effective tool

Cons

In my opinion it has nothing to improve, I have always found myself very well

Llanoi
  • Industry: Higher Education

Keynote Review

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

Pros

This software proved to be an easy to use and efficient platform to create content for presentations. Notes, images and audio are easy to be added. It provides cool animations and smooth transitions.

Cons

No noteworthy issues have been identified so far.

Larissa
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Allows the creation of beautiful materials

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

Pros

Keynote allows you to create beautiful materials, with detailed tools that no other presentation software has. I can create presentations that bring engagement because of the design details that Keynote brings.

Cons

The fact that only those who have a MacBook can use it is a disadvantage when I need to work on shared documents, making it difficult for many people to access. In addition, presentations tend to take up a lot of storage, and it is sometimes necessary to use Keynote through iCloud, with extremely limited resources, making my work difficult.

Miguel

Beautiful, Simple, Effective for presentations on a snap

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

Use it for presentations on a snap. Really easy to use with very nice transitions

Pros

simplicity in the learning curve and nice transitions

Cons

It is a linear way to present, one slide after the other like passing pages. I would like something more fluid and inmersive sort of like a prezi with the ease of use of Keynote
I will like to see more templates included within.

Omar

Much better than others

Reviewed on 25/02/2022

For me is an essential tool.
Sometimes I have to use PowerPoint because of the application and I realize that Keynote is much better in every way. It is much more accurate when working with images, the quality of the fonts, in general you get a much more professional result.

Pros

I love the high quality of the result, the presentations in keynote looks much professional than in Power Point.

Cons

The fact that only Mac users can use it.