Hevo

Swati
Swati

Seamless ETL

Reviewed on 26/06/2020

Pros

Hevo is extremely user friendly and very seamless. Data pipelines can be set in a matter of a few clicks. Our business users are extremely happy with all the data at their disposal for any analysis that they need to do. Hevo's support is very prompt and always available to answer your queries.

Cons

When we had started using Hevo 2 years ago, there were only a few sources available. However, I see more and more new sources getting added every month.

Alex

Hevo helped us solve our ETL needs.

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Pros

Hevo offers a fair pricing model with competitive features, along with a seamless data integration experience that complies with many data privacy groups. The ability to transform data using python code, auto map object data, and do this all in a user-friendly interface is wonderful. Hevo also ensures pure privacy with data which is vital when using cloud storage integrations.

Cons

There was not much to dislike about the software.

Fivetran and Stitch Labs

Reasons for Switching to Hevo

When looking for a data pipeline tool, we wanted to be able to incorporate all of the tools we currently utilized while staying compliant with GDPR. We did not want to have multiple pipelines for different resources, instead we knew we needed a single ‘one stop shop’ for our data pipeline. We looked at a few of Hevo’s main competitors within the industry before finalizing our choice with them.

Reviewed on 08/04/2022

Pros

I really like the ease with which you can deploy the tool

Cons

The tool can get better in documentation and video tutorials.

Martin

Great tool for moving data, Beautiful UX

Reviewed on 10/04/2024

I love hevo. Its the best no code ETL tool I have tried ever

I love hevo. Its the best no code ETL tool I have tried ever

Pros

Usabilidad, suppport, UX. Not need training

Cons

Maybe will be better to have a low cost plan

Julia

My ETL tool choice

Reviewed on 30/03/2022

I was able to put all my database sources together to create our own database, with just the data we needed.

Pros

The customer service is great, they were always ready to help, very kind. Great sources opinions, to integrate with and to use as destination.

Cons

It can be complicated to make a pipeline with some specific source and it doesn’t seem to have an easy solution to fix the issue.

Switchit

Reasons for Switching to Hevo

Price at first. Then the customer service locked me in.

Hevo sets up in minutes and is worth every penny!!

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Bar none the best customer support I have ever received at any price level. I would pay 10x the price tag and still feel like we won.

Pros

The built in database/system connectors and simple GUI interface made it simple to have running in minutes.

Cons

We have had a small learning curve bringing query models into Hevo. Nothing crazy and we Hevo support (chat engineers) has almost instantaneous response times.

Ravi
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Ease of ELT with Hevo Data

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Very happy with the tool where as I mentioned that I can integrate any source data in matter of minutes

Pros

We can integrate source data into data warehouse in a matter of minutes which was unthinkable few years back. Hevo has lot of connectors that we can get source data and ingest into the data warehouse

Cons

Transformation and lineage can be little better

Cheshta

Quick customer support and constantly evolving features

Reviewed on 02/10/2023

Pros

As a person with little ETL experience, Hevo made the process of building pipelines from various sources seamless. When I run into any issues, their customer support team is quick to respond and usually resolves my issue on the spot. If not, they escalate the issue which also gets a quick response.

Cons

Some features are a little tricky to implement at times, like manual mapping, feature transformation. But I'm usually able to get assistance from customer support.

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 26/09/2023

Good Product

Pros

Nice product to use for data extraction and ETL

Cons

No cons at the moment for Hevo based on my useage

Easy-to-use tool that fits the bill perfectly

Reviewed on 13/12/2023

Great experience with a very efficient support team.

Great experience with a very efficient support team.

Pros

The tool is quite intuitive to set-up and easy to set up.

Cons

Some detailed configuration may sometimes be hard to find in the platform itself.

Nilesh
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Literally just few clicks and data will start flowing.

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Its an awesome product. Really very good one to get started with very little friction.

Pros

The things which I most like about Hevo is the automation level in the product. Hevo will take care of everything from source mapping to destination mapping with just a few clicks. It has many useful features, be it table/column auto-mapping , resizing and basic transformations for complex data sources like Mongo where you want to flatten the nested data.

Cons

Alarm feature can be little more intuitive.

Nishanth

An Amazing ETL tool

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

We are using hevo to get Data seamlessly from our transactional DB to our datawarehouse. Hevo is reliable and plays an important part in our data pipelines.

Pros

The best thing I like about Hevo is the ease of use and the integrations that are avaialble for multiple sources, which makes the ETL seamless.

Cons

In Schema Mapper/Overview tab in each pipeline, an option to skip muliple collections at a time using a check box might be a good feature which will be very helpful for us, otherwise its now taking lot of manaul effort to skip them if needed in a pipeline.

Response from Hevo Data

Hi Nishanth, Thank you for your feedback! About your feature suggestion, our product expert will get back to you to discuss the suggested feature in detail.

Josh

Great Product

Reviewed on 18/06/2021

Pros

Previously, we were using Fivetran. With Hevo, we get better features for a fraction of the price.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any complaints. Their support is awesome and any issues that I have had, have been resolved within hours.

Ola

A really good player in this field

Reviewed on 29/07/2022

Overall good, from meeting to implementation. The Admin interface is very well built.

Pros

We decided to shop around for a new solution because our current provider decided to raise their prices significantly. Hevodata checked all the boxes.

Cons

When we first started out, our BigQuery costs went up, but we were able to mitigate that by changing the frequency.

andy

good for using hevo data integration

Reviewed on 31/01/2023

hevo is good data tools

hevo is good data tools

Pros

about tools to get asana data using pipeline

Cons

this software is so powerfull and easy to operating

James Q
James Q

Excellent Data Pipeline

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

It was very easy to sign up and set up Facebook to BigQuery. The user UI is easy to use and step-by-step instructions are included. You don't need a dev to get things moving as long as you're passingly familiar with Facebook and BigQuery and can read directions.

Pros

I used Hevo to pipeline data from Facebook into Big Query. The service worked as expected and properly transferred my data. It was one of several services I evaluated for our data pipeline needs.

Cons

I had some integration needs that HEVO did not include, so I had to go with another provider who included those. Otherwise, HEVO was amongst my top choices.

Sebastián
Sebastián
  • Industry: Insurance

great if you don't have a data engineer

Reviewed on 05/10/2023

Very good for our use case. We don't have a data engineer and want to transfer data from few places into BigQuery

Pros

very easy to set up. Covers 95% of cases and with python you can cover another 4%... just 1% left that you can do at source or destination.

Cons

lack CI/CD tools to do infra as code. Hard (if even possible) to back it up. Not useful logs.

Aura Iustina
Aura Iustina
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use and reliable

Reviewed on 26/07/2023

Pros

I find Hevo easy to use and setup. I enjoy the free trial at first because it helped me understand if this is the tool we are looking for (and it was). I also appreciate their support via live chat. Didn't need it often, but when I did they were responsive and answered my questions.

Cons

I like the least the fact that, when it comes to choosing a billing plan, after 5M events/monthly the next available is 20M. I find this gap too big.

Gurpreet
Gurpreet
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Reviewed on 20/05/2022

Pros

Ease of use, simple integration, simple transformation

Cons

facing issues with deleted or changed entries(events) in the production database, as hevo_marked_delted is not getting updated for all entries and need to connect with cx care for this.

For transform only having python 2.8, It should be of the latest version

Animesh

Hevo is exceptional

Reviewed on 13/07/2020

Hevo has been exceptional for us to scale our data warehouse from 0-1. We have barely faced issues with hevo and whenever we have, hevo support has always quickly helped us solve issues. Onboarding new pipelines is very easy to do and negligible dev effort is required.

Pros

Ease of building new pipelines and replay queue

Cons

Few features are deprecated in updates (eg. JSON parsing strategies). While this is understandable due to performance optimisations, whenever this happens, dev time increases.

Gustavo

Reviewed on 29/03/2022

almost very very good

almost very very good

Pros

easy to use and integrate technologies, monitoring tool

Cons

I couldn't found an option to make reverse engineering

Robert
  • Industry: Hospitality

Hevo - Big Data Flows Simplified!

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

All interactions with Hevo have been world class - seems like a team that are going places.

Pros

Easy to use, even for a novice. You can have your data being aggregated from various sources, and dumped into a DB of your choice - Allowing you to get going on building reports FAST!

Cons

The Trial period could have been a little longer than 7 Days, I would have preferred a month (I did manage to get a further 7 day extension on the trial though).

Sainath

Very compatible

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

My overall experience with Hevo is very good. The support team is available anytime and are very quick with their response.

Pros

The Hevo is the one frame platform which provides complete cloud ETL features. The data integration from source to destination is very quick. The dashboard provides all the information regarding the history of migration.

Cons

The data loading speed might have been much more quicker.

Richard

Hevo - better features and value than the rest

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Simple to set up - support interactions were perfect.

Simple to set up - support interactions were perfect.

Pros

Support is fantastic and the features are brillant

Cons

Hard to convince people away from the bigger options

Avi
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Hevo Customer Support is great

Reviewed on 25/07/2023

It's good

It's good

Pros

Customer Support, ease of integrating new sources.

Cons

Can't edit the slack notifications with salutations.