Seesaw

4.4/5
4.6/5

Melissa
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Provides a direct line of communication with my son's teacher

Reviewed on 09/03/2022

Pros

I receive updates all day long in real-time regarding my son's progress and classroom activity
Together my son and I can access his assignments anytime to correct and resubmit

Cons

It's sometimes difficult to navigate. We were not given training on the software, so occasionally I have to fumble around to find the options I need to use

Justine

Seesaw into Innovation!

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

Seesaw will tie together any educational needs. Do not think twice about giving them a try!

Pros

Seesaw is an educational software that rockets student learning to the highest level. As a teacher, the platform offers streamlined instruction, progress, and endless collaboration opportunities!

Cons

I don’t like that the messaging between students and parents isn’t there.

ClassDojo

Reasons for Choosing Seesaw

We made the switch from ClassDojo in order to mainstream learning in one platform. Seesaw offers activities,collaboration, and organization for education.

Google Classroom, Edpuzzle and ClassDojo

Reasons for Switching to Seesaw

Seesaw puts forth differentiation, student voice, and innovation in learning. The opportunities are endless!
Melody

It gets the job done, but is not very user friendly...

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

This program is great in that I can be informed of what's going on with my child's preschool, and I love that! I do wish there was a way to keep me connected to my child's schooling but be a little more user friendly though! It gets the job done but gets a little annoying along the way.

Pros

My child's preschool uses this program to communicate to parents both as a class setting and also individual communications between myself and the teachers. I appreciate that I can directly communicate to my child's teachers. The teachers also post pictures and things that they are doing in class - some posts just for me for privacy and others that are for the class! I love that I can "be a part of the classroom" so to say :)

Cons

The app itself is somewhat "clunky." The organization of the program is poor and you can see that you have notifications, but you have to click around to find out where the new items are. At times, I cannot get the push notifications to clear from my phone and most recently, I stopped getting any notifications at all even though my settings are set to allow them!

Kristin

Seesaw: Perfect platform for younger distance learners

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Seesaw has been perfect for our younger grades; it is versatile and intuitive, allowing kids to largely navigate the platform on their own (making kids, teachers, and parents happy)!

Pros

Seesaw is an intuitive, kid-friendly platform that can be easily utilized in remote instruction. Teachers can post videos, activities, and other lessons, and students can respond in a variety of ways: typing, writing, voice record, video, photos, etc.

Cons

I don't think there are many drawbacks. Students can navigate this easily enough that a 6 or 7 year old can largely handle their work without too much parent involvement.

Christine

Great Elementary Learning Platform

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

We have found Seesaw to be a comprehensive Learning Hub.

Pros

We use Seesaw in elementary (K-4) as our main learning platform. We started using it during the pandemic for remote learning, but we continue to use it now that students are back on site because it provides easy communication with students and families, create assignments, and curate student work. It is easy to use and the company offers great training, resources and support. They are also very responsive to user suggestions and requests.

Cons

There is no file structure for shared lessons in the shared libraries. It is strictly a subject and/or grade level search. The frequent negative feedback I get from teachers is that they wish they could see folders by subject and grade level.

Also, the drawing and other creation tools are very basic and could use some updating.

Easy for students and teachers

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

I use it all the time - it's great.

Pros

It is very easy for my students to upload their pictures, videos, recording etc.
As their teacher, I can see their work instantly to review and approve. Parents can also see their work. It is a great way for them to share their learning with us.

Cons

I wish it would notify me as soon as something is submitted by a student. If I forget to open the app, I do not know it is there, waiting for my approval.

Allison

We LOVE Seesaw

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

Pros

Seesaw is an amazing product that our students and teachers love using. It is extremely easy for our students to use and gain confidence quickly. It continues to improve every year. Seesaw does a great of listening to its teachers when they make improvements.

Cons

I wish there was a way to be able to schedule schoolwide/class announcements.

Alice
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Wonderful app for parent / teacher

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

No problems here.

Pros

This app is great for parent teacher communication.
The settings allow you to control how many notifications you get.

Cons

I wish the Home Screen had tabs to click on

Cara

Great for updates teachers and parents

Reviewed on 15/07/2022

Pros

Easy to set up and use, very secure, amazing to get reminders and pictures of kids

Cons

Wish the direct messages system was better

Donna

Seesaw share

Reviewed on 09/08/2022

I have had a good experience.

Pros

I like that students can record responses. I like that their are activities to use.

Cons

The extra cost to monitor the progress on one screen.

Summer
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

School liaison software

Reviewed on 02/08/2021

The software was given to us by the school during the online learning experience. It was supposed to allow children to know what they should be doing and what assignments were given. As parents we were given the parent access. There is a general feed where you can find some of the information. I do not know why all the information and postings are not there. There is also a journal section, where each teacher had a file that they would use per subject and where assignments and feedback was found. There is also an inbox section where messages with teachers are found - but if the teacher has not messaged first you can not message. I think the software has some really good ideas... but I think they could make it more organized and easier to use.

Pros

I am able to follow up on what the assignments are and whether or not my child had submitted the homework. I can see the teacher's comments about this too.

Cons

It is strangely set out. Sometimes you find information in the "home" section, sometimes in the "journal" section and sometimes in the inbox section and sometimes not at all! Teachers will say they have posted something, some of the kids will receive it and some not. I genuinely do not know if this is a software issue or user issue.
I was not happy that I could not directly message the teacher, especially in an emergency to say that the child was locked out of the online system, or chromebook had glitched or whatever. I feel that the software is "bitty" as though they had several good ideas and threw them together but that those ideas dont particularly communicate with each other. If the teacher had not messaged the child in the inbox then you would not be able to communicate with them. The organisation of the material is kind of chaotic. It would be better had things be arranged in folders rather than one long feed of assignments and uploaded student work. The only way that my child who was 8 and using this could upload his material was to use his camera on the chromebook to take a picture of the work as he held it up.... I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been for the teachers.

Moving classroom based learning online with Seesaw

Reviewed on 09/01/2021

Overall, I have gained a lot of respect for this platform and have happily used it on a daily basis to deliver online materials to students for over 6 six months of school now. The user experience feedback from teachers, students and parents has been overwhelmingly positive.

Pros

At the school at which I am employed, Seesaw has allowed for a smooth transition from a classroom-based, face-to-face delivery of material to a remote, home-based, online learning situation. It gives teachers the ability to take attendance, communicate with parents as well as students, post materials for students to complete online and for teachers to make corrections and return work to students.

The interface is very student-friendly and clearly lists work that needs to be completed as well as collating completed work into an online portfolio for students and families to refer back to. The platform allows teachers to incorporate audio and visual materials such as photos, audio clips and videos into online lessons which helps to offer engaging study materials for students. Teachers can upload existing documents or create totally new ones. Seesaw allows teachers to store the lessons they have created and offers a library of existing lesson materials also.

Seesaw offers a very well developed and supportive training program for teachers. Trainers are very positive and offer many practical ways to best use the platform.

Cons

There are a few issues that surface when you use the platform to correct and return student work, such as the way that teachers are lead around in several steps (that could be reduced) to write on (by editing), make comment on (in the text box section under tasks) and return student work. This does not impact what is seen by students when the work is returned, but is something that could be addressed by programmers to make it more efficient to use as an educator.

Laura

Teachers Need Seesaw!!

Reviewed on 01/04/2021

I love Seesaw!! I am able to give my parents access to their child's seesaw account where they can see the work they are doing in the classroom. Not only do I get to see their learning but the parents as well.

Pros

Using Seesaw has allowed me to personalize learning for my students. It is very easy to get started and set up your classroom. There are already a plethora of resources that other teachers have created or you can create your own content. Seesaw is very teacher-friendly and easy to set up. There are tons of resources ranging in content and grade level that will meet the needs of any classroom. I also love that students can create their own videos to explain their thinking and learning as well as take pictures.

Cons

I do not have any cons in regards to this program. I frequently talk about it within my workplace and have had many teachers sign up for the program and use it within their classrooms.

Melissa
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Seesaw heehaw!

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

Pros

This product was a lifesaver Especially during the beginnings of the pandemic when we were all scrambling to get information to the kids and collecting it without seeing them in person staying apart. It was a lifesaver. Whatever the price it was it was worth it.

Cons

Especially during the beginnings of the pandemic when we were all scrambling to get information to the kids and collecting it without seeing them in person staying apart. It was a lifesaver. Whatever the price it was it was worth it. However, scheduling for it to appear on the lesson plans at all it’s a good feature but I did not know how to do it by myself so I did it wrong many times in the beginning and we set a lot of time it would be nice to have a feature video that would demonstrate how to do certain functions because I didn’t wanna waste anyone’s time to show me so I have to play around with it by myself.

John

Seesaw - A life saver for Home Schooling!

Reviewed on 27/01/2021

Fantastic experience using SeeSaw over the past 12-18 months. Absolutely love it, but more importantly, so do my kids. It really is an amazing introduction to collaboration tools my kids will be exposed to in future work environments e.g.) Microsoft Sharepoint; Google GSuite; etc.

Pros

Love Seesaw for managing homeschooling for my primary school children. In particular, I love that my children are gaining a simple and easy introduction to 'collaborative working'. This is thanks to Seesaw's great interface, alerting tools, and managament overview tools (brilliant for 'helicopter parenting', where we can see multiple children (all ours) from the single interface & login).

Cons

There's not much that i don't like about Seesaw, but small issues such as clicking 'document hyperlinks' on certain devices (Amazon Fire Tablets) doesn't seem to work (thus have to copy the link on another device, and email it to the Amazon Fire device). But small issues such as this does not detract from what is a fantastic collaboration platform for Teachers, Children, and Parents! Thank you SeeSaw.

Sarah
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Seesaw in Anderson One

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

I used Seesaw as a classroom teacher and now I enjoy getting to share the best ways to implement Seesaw in pre-K to 5th grade classrooms. I love seeing our ESL, speech, related, guidance, and administrators join classroom teachers on Seesaw so that the entire school is connected. It is by far my absolute favorite tool for elementary teachers!!

Pros

We have eight elementary schools in our district and they are all Seesaw for Schools. We have loved using Seesaw to engage our students, document learning, assess understanding, and communicate with families. Recently we used Seesaw blogs to connect our schools across the district so that they could share and comment on each other's writing.

Cons

Seesaw continues to update and make changes to make it easier for both teachers and students to use. We have made some suggestions for future updates but are very happy with the current product!

Libby
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Seesaw Student Portfolios

Reviewed on 09/04/2021

1000 percent LOVE this tool! Makes children have ownership and empowerment over their learning, even at 5 and 6.

Pros

Student is ideal for early childhood portfolios. Easy to teach students how to use independently. Access to the activities library is excellent with quality and engaging activities. Perfect for parents to see what their child is learning in the classroom. Excellent way for young children to explain their learning. Not passive computer use for children but rather an active way to engage student thinking about their learning with an online portfolio.

Cons

Access codes can be a bit confusing for parents. Feel like they need a short video to explain how to sign up.

Suzanne

Seesaw for the classroom

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

I love using Seesaw in my classroom. Students pick it up quickly and easily. Parents do not have a problem using it and are more likely to because they can see their child's work instantly. A child can upload their work through the day, and it is quick for me to review and approve. This makes it a great communication tool between school and home also.

Pros

This is user friendly. Parents and students have no problem using it. It is great to communicate and keep the parents involved in their child's schoolwork.

Cons

Seesaw and Schoology cannot be used together. If I could create something on Seesaw and post or link it to Schoology, that would be wonderful.

David

Great for E-learning during pandemic

Reviewed on 03/03/2021

We really loved using Seesaw when we suddenly had to switch to e-learning in March 2020. The process of creating a lesson is really simple. We didn't send kids home with all of there books so using Seesaw made it easy to still assign work without textbooks. Grading was really easy as well.

Pros

I really love the ability to create my own lessons and upload files to each activity.
I also love being able to search the Seesaw community for lessons created by other teachers. The amount of resources is endless!

Cons

I wish there wasn't a limit on the number of scheduled posts you could have. In May 2020, we were nearing the end of the school year but I still needed to schedule some assignments but I had hit my limit. This wasn't made clear when signing up for the free version. My school now has the paid subscription so it's no longer a problem.

Stacey

My Favorite

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

Pros

There is so much you can do with Seesaw! I have used it for 3 years now and I can't say enough about how amazing it is. I became an ambassador for it 2 years ago and use the paid version. It's also includes an extension where students can take screenshots and embed them into their work. They have made many upgrades through out the years as well. I love how they change and adapt to their clientele.

Cons

The paid version is amazing, the free version is still good but not nearly as many features.

Denice

Seesaw: Easy to Use and a Great Way to Stay in Touch with Families

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

I can't imagine not using Seesaw now that I have used it for a number of years.
I text with parents and share pictures so they can feel like part of the classroom community.
This year, we did many activities and posted them so kids had a real audience for their work.
My early readers love recording themselves reading . . .they are so proud!

Pros

The ease of use of Seesaw amazes me. It can be used on phones, computers or tablets.
I started using it to keep in touch with parents a number of years ago. This year I finally started trying the activities functionality and loved it. There is a free version and a paid version. This year our district paid using COVID funds. I cannot say enough good things about this product. I teach kindergarten, and my "littles" are independent with the tools in no time.

Cons

I would like to see a behavior tracking function like Class Dojo.

jenifer

Seesaw is Amazing!!

Reviewed on 25/06/2021

I love using Seesaw because of the ease of use for the teacher, ability for students to explain their learning in their own voice, and how easy it is to communicate with parents.

Pros

I love the ability to communicate with families in real time and share all the wonderful things happening in my classroom. I also love that even my youngest students can create short videos and add their voice to drawing in order to explain their learning.

Cons

This company really listens to its users! The only suggestion I had would be to add more pages to each activity, and they already added that as soon as customers requested it.

Jordan

Basic, but user-friendly

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Pros

I teach 4th grade. We started using Seesaw last year when we went into distance learning.
It is great for:
1. quick videos or quick assignments
2. It is really user-friendly. Kids can navigate Seesaw much easier than any of our other platforms.

Cons

I was largely disappointed we chose to use Seesaw as I think it is pretty limited in what kids can do on it. Meaning:
1. Although it is great for younger learners (k-2), there is not really anything that we do on Seesaw that we couldn't do somewhere else.
2. Any sort of extended writing is not really great on Seesaw.

Clari
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy tool for parents to see child’s school progress but...

Reviewed on 04/11/2020

A basic remote learning tool which is easy to use but not feature rich.

Pros

It’s easy to use, has an iPhone app that is easy and intuitive to navigate. Great for seeing the progress by my child in school - I can see photos, sometimes photo collages, and also videos of my child uploaded by the teachers. The teachers also upload their weekly curriculum so I know what they’ve been learning.

Cons

It’s not as feature rich and when I used this during lockdown to respond to home based learning assignments and tasks assigned to my child, there’s no function to sort and filter through the many tasks . There’s no search option either. The only option is to scroll and look for the tasks and rely on memory on what the teacher uploaded. If a task had several subtasks, it was not always easy or possible to edit the previously submitted task so I end up creating a new task and the teacher has to figure out that it’s part 2 or part 3 of one assignment. There’s also no schedule functionality so that we can see the class timetable easily.

Marcie

Seesaw Is A Sanity Saver! A+A+A+

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

My experience with SeeSaw has been FANTASTIC. Our school district is & has been doing remote learning exclusively since the last part of the last school year. I have 2 children 1 in 3rd grade and 1 in 1st. I AM NOT A HOME SCHOOLING MOM. This is all new to me. When the switch to remote learning happened it was a mess. Each of the kids had multiple sites, apps, etc where they had different passwords, assignments, and assigned time. It was impossible to keep up, I was always missing information and assignments. Fearful the kids were falling behind and we were doing school work from the time we woke up til the time we went to bed & still didn't have everything completed & turned in. I was overwhelmed/devastated at just the thought of doing that again this year. But, now we are using SeeSaw and I have my sanity & time back! Everything is in one place. The kids can use it independently. I am no longer missing information or assignments. It has Been a life saver. I cannot say enough good things about it.

Pros

It is easy to use! Well structured! Nothing unnecessary added, simple, organized, easy to learn and easy to use!

Cons

Lack of direct communication features ie, messaging or email between parents and staff all In one centralized place.