Seesaw

4.3/5

Laura

Teachers Need Seesaw!!

Reviewed on 01/04/2021

I love Seesaw!! I am able to give my parents access to their child's seesaw account where they can see the work they are doing in the classroom. Not only do I get to see their learning but the parents as well.

Pros

Using Seesaw has allowed me to personalize learning for my students. It is very easy to get started and set up your classroom. There are already a plethora of resources that other teachers have created or you can create your own content. Seesaw is very teacher-friendly and easy to set up. There are tons of resources ranging in content and grade level that will meet the needs of any classroom. I also love that students can create their own videos to explain their thinking and learning as well as take pictures.

Cons

I do not have any cons in regards to this program. I frequently talk about it within my workplace and have had many teachers sign up for the program and use it within their classrooms.

Summer
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

School liaison software

Reviewed on 02/08/2021

The software was given to us by the school during the online learning experience. It was supposed to allow children to know what they should be doing and what assignments were given. As parents we were given the parent access. There is a general feed where you can find some of the information. I do not know why all the information and postings are not there. There is also a journal section, where each teacher had a file that they would use per subject and where assignments and feedback was found. There is also an inbox section where messages with teachers are found - but if the teacher has not messaged first you can not message. I think the software has some really good ideas... but I think they could make it more organized and easier to use.

Pros

I am able to follow up on what the assignments are and whether or not my child had submitted the homework. I can see the teacher's comments about this too.

Cons

It is strangely set out. Sometimes you find information in the "home" section, sometimes in the "journal" section and sometimes in the inbox section and sometimes not at all! Teachers will say they have posted something, some of the kids will receive it and some not. I genuinely do not know if this is a software issue or user issue.
I was not happy that I could not directly message the teacher, especially in an emergency to say that the child was locked out of the online system, or chromebook had glitched or whatever. I feel that the software is "bitty" as though they had several good ideas and threw them together but that those ideas dont particularly communicate with each other. If the teacher had not messaged the child in the inbox then you would not be able to communicate with them. The organisation of the material is kind of chaotic. It would be better had things be arranged in folders rather than one long feed of assignments and uploaded student work. The only way that my child who was 8 and using this could upload his material was to use his camera on the chromebook to take a picture of the work as he held it up.... I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been for the teachers.

Katherine

Seesaw is hard work for parents

Reviewed on 04/10/2022

Pros

Allows teachers to keep in touch with parents on a daily basis using photos, messages and uploading homework tasks

Cons

It is difficult to understand where to find things that teachers have posted and un-intuitive. The design is poor. I don't enjoy having to use it daily, as it takes effort and could be much smoother.

John

Seesaw - A life saver for Home Schooling!

Reviewed on 27/01/2021

Fantastic experience using SeeSaw over the past 12-18 months. Absolutely love it, but more importantly, so do my kids. It really is an amazing introduction to collaboration tools my kids will be exposed to in future work environments e.g.) Microsoft Sharepoint; Google GSuite; etc.

Pros

Love Seesaw for managing homeschooling for my primary school children. In particular, I love that my children are gaining a simple and easy introduction to 'collaborative working'. This is thanks to Seesaw's great interface, alerting tools, and managament overview tools (brilliant for 'helicopter parenting', where we can see multiple children (all ours) from the single interface & login).

Cons

There's not much that i don't like about Seesaw, but small issues such as clicking 'document hyperlinks' on certain devices (Amazon Fire Tablets) doesn't seem to work (thus have to copy the link on another device, and email it to the Amazon Fire device). But small issues such as this does not detract from what is a fantastic collaboration platform for Teachers, Children, and Parents! Thank you SeeSaw.

Sarah

Seesaw in Anderson One

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

I used Seesaw as a classroom teacher and now I enjoy getting to share the best ways to implement Seesaw in pre-K to 5th grade classrooms. I love seeing our ESL, speech, related, guidance, and administrators join classroom teachers on Seesaw so that the entire school is connected. It is by far my absolute favorite tool for elementary teachers!!

Pros

We have eight elementary schools in our district and they are all Seesaw for Schools. We have loved using Seesaw to engage our students, document learning, assess understanding, and communicate with families. Recently we used Seesaw blogs to connect our schools across the district so that they could share and comment on each other's writing.

Cons

Seesaw continues to update and make changes to make it easier for both teachers and students to use. We have made some suggestions for future updates but are very happy with the current product!

Suzanne
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Seesaw for the classroom

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

I love using Seesaw in my classroom. Students pick it up quickly and easily. Parents do not have a problem using it and are more likely to because they can see their child's work instantly. A child can upload their work through the day, and it is quick for me to review and approve. This makes it a great communication tool between school and home also.

Pros

This is user friendly. Parents and students have no problem using it. It is great to communicate and keep the parents involved in their child's schoolwork.

Cons

Seesaw and Schoology cannot be used together. If I could create something on Seesaw and post or link it to Schoology, that would be wonderful.

Libby
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Seesaw Student Portfolios

Reviewed on 09/04/2021

1000 percent LOVE this tool! Makes children have ownership and empowerment over their learning, even at 5 and 6.

Pros

Student is ideal for early childhood portfolios. Easy to teach students how to use independently. Access to the activities library is excellent with quality and engaging activities. Perfect for parents to see what their child is learning in the classroom. Excellent way for young children to explain their learning. Not passive computer use for children but rather an active way to engage student thinking about their learning with an online portfolio.

Cons

Access codes can be a bit confusing for parents. Feel like they need a short video to explain how to sign up.

David

Great for E-Learning Days

Reviewed on 29/03/2023

We really love using Seesaw. We began using it in March of 2020 as part of the pandemic. I typically use it for e-learning days but there are times I use it for in-person assessments or additional activities in a unit. At times, I might assign an activity as part of reading or math centers. It's a great way to have students complete work on their own.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to use Seesaw for assigning work on e-Learning days. The activities that Seesaw has in their library is great. I usually am able to find an activity that is already created in the library. If I do create an activity on my own, the process is super simple. I like the ability to upload PDF's, photos, and URL links seamlessly to an activity.The student journal and activity dashboard is very well organized. I like being able to see how many students have completed an activity. I also like the ability to "send back" an activity if a student doesn't complete it correctly.

Cons

I would love to have a way to connect the grading to an existing grading software (powerschool, sycamore, etc.).

Stacey
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

My Favorite

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

Pros

There is so much you can do with Seesaw! I have used it for 3 years now and I can't say enough about how amazing it is. I became an ambassador for it 2 years ago and use the paid version. It's also includes an extension where students can take screenshots and embed them into their work. They have made many upgrades through out the years as well. I love how they change and adapt to their clientele.

Cons

The paid version is amazing, the free version is still good but not nearly as many features.

Devon
  • Industry: Online Media

A Parent's Perspective

Reviewed on 06/07/2023

Has been great.

Has been great.

Pros

Daily notifications, ease of notifications

Cons

I have no concerns with the product based on the way that I use it daily.

jenifer

Seesaw is Amazing!!

Reviewed on 25/06/2021

I love using Seesaw because of the ease of use for the teacher, ability for students to explain their learning in their own voice, and how easy it is to communicate with parents.

Pros

I love the ability to communicate with families in real time and share all the wonderful things happening in my classroom. I also love that even my youngest students can create short videos and add their voice to drawing in order to explain their learning.

Cons

This company really listens to its users! The only suggestion I had would be to add more pages to each activity, and they already added that as soon as customers requested it.

Marcie

Seesaw Is A Sanity Saver! A+A+A+

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

My experience with SeeSaw has been FANTASTIC. Our school district is & has been doing remote learning exclusively since the last part of the last school year. I have 2 children 1 in 3rd grade and 1 in 1st. I AM NOT A HOME SCHOOLING MOM. This is all new to me. When the switch to remote learning happened it was a mess. Each of the kids had multiple sites, apps, etc where they had different passwords, assignments, and assigned time. It was impossible to keep up, I was always missing information and assignments. Fearful the kids were falling behind and we were doing school work from the time we woke up til the time we went to bed & still didn't have everything completed & turned in. I was overwhelmed/devastated at just the thought of doing that again this year. But, now we are using SeeSaw and I have my sanity & time back! Everything is in one place. The kids can use it independently. I am no longer missing information or assignments. It has Been a life saver. I cannot say enough good things about it.

Pros

It is easy to use! Well structured! Nothing unnecessary added, simple, organized, easy to learn and easy to use!

Cons

Lack of direct communication features ie, messaging or email between parents and staff all In one centralized place.

Kris

Amazing educational product!

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

I give it 5 out of 5 in all areas!

I give it 5 out of 5 in all areas!

Pros

Seesaw is one of the best products I have used as an educator. I started using it with in person learning and it was such a great asset. Once we went to distance learning, it made the transition so much easier. I am able to give directions and assign different assignments. The students can complete the assignment, turn it in and I can respond to them individually. I can also share student presentations with the rest of the class, and they can leave positive comments. I am able to share and communicate with families. It is an excellent product!

Cons

I wish I would have started using it earlier in my career.

Megan

Simple Classroom App

Reviewed on 26/02/2022

Overall it is a good app. I have used it for about 3 years. I will continue to use it if my children's school does.

Pros

This app seems good for a 1st time user. This was the 1st classroom software I had used with my kids. Overall it is pretty user friendly. I like the notifications from teachers.

Cons

App doesn't allow me to upload longer videos (over 1 minute), had a hard time with some permissions with the IT support at my son's school. I could not initiate a private message to a provider. They had to start a message and I could respond to it. The IT professional at the school is still trying to fix this.

Haley

Easy to use and great for families

Reviewed on 03/09/2020

Pros

There is little guess work with the app- you know exactly how it works.

Cons

I do not have any cons for the Seesaw app

Rachel

I am a fan with some would be better ifs

Reviewed on 01/08/2021

Pros

I love that you can filter the children’s work in so many different ways.

Cons

I would like to be able to start typing a response to the children’s work, as I’m listening / watching the video but you can’t do both at the same time.

Danielle
  • Industry: Automotive

Love it

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

Pros

My childs teacher implements this software for use. I absolutely love that I can see school work he is doing while in class. and I love how easy it is for my child to use on his own being only 6 years old.

Cons

I wish being able to print blank copies off of the website was a little easier.

Every school must use it!

Reviewed on 15/04/2022

Pros

I love how Seesaw helps teachers and students to keep track of their school work in a very convenient way.

Cons

It does seem to be a little too complicated for older teachers to use and I wish they had trial videos on how to use this software.

Danielle

Seesaw for schools

Reviewed on 14/08/2022

Pros

Not only is it a great way to virtually post and submit school work, it's a great way to send messages to parents

Cons

If your child has more than 1 seesaw teacher, you have to log out and log in to each individual teacher

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Remote Learning Ease

Reviewed on 10/05/2022

Pros

The ease of seeing what assignments my kids needed to complete was of very high importance. It was so easy my pre-schooler could figure it out. Being able to complete them in the app and even send messages to the teachers was flawless.

Cons

Perhaps maybe being able to categorize assignments. Like "Science" , "For fun", "Reading"...etc.

Katie

Great App to connect with Teachers/Families

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

My overall experience with Seesaw has been great. With COVID and remote learning this is a great app!

Pros

This app is a great way to connect with Teachers/Families. Teachers can post assignments, pictures and updates. This app makes it easy to go to one location to view all your students information

Cons

My only hang up is when a link is posted it is very small so you have to know to look for it. For younger kids it can be a bit confusing

Jessica
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Wonderful for project based learning

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

This has been a perfect tool for rti!

This has been a perfect tool for rti!

Pros

I love how students can take everything they have [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in a lesson and respond to a prompt with a video. This directly relates to our speaking standards, and kids love it! I can also share their video presentations with their parents or the principal!

Cons

I wish there was a larger database of premade assignments.

Sherrill
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used for 6-12 months

Seesaw

Reviewed on 23/05/2021

Pros

I love the convenience of Seesaw. I am able to send messages to students and their families all
In one place. I also love that they are able to send videos of themselves speaking so I can listen to their speech sounds.

Cons

As an SLP, I needed to wait for teachers to get the upgraded paid version of seesaw to add me as a coteacher because they could only have so many coteachers.

Gwen
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Parents Communicating with a Teacher

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

I think Seesaw is an unnecessary complication in the communication chain between parents and teachers and it adds one more piece of tech to the lives of those already overwhelmed or overloaded with programs and apps. It's easier and more intuitive to use email.

Pros

I can read posts by other parents and view photos taken by them during class trips, school functions, etc.,

Cons

This program is not intuitive even if you are young or have a tech degree. We are still trying to figure out how to send private messages, because otherwise your posts go out to all of the parents. Furthermore, I am having posts credited to me that I didn't write. Even the teacher struggles with it.

Jenny
  • Used for 1-5 months

Parent Perspective

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

I'm thrilled this software give our teachers the capability to continue to educate my children remotely in these crazy times.

Pros

As our school has recently been forced to remote learning for a short period of time, lower elementary teachers are using Seesaw as their teaching platform. Today was my first experience with it as a parent, and I love the quality of the information our teacher was able to share, and the way my student could interact with posted activities.

Cons

It's confusing as a parent to know where to look to find things from the teacher. It's not very intuitive in this regard and could use improvement.