Seesaw

4.4/5
4.5/5

49 Software options

Melody E.

It gets the job done, but is not very user friendly...

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

This program is great in that I can be informed of what's going on with my child's preschool, and I love that! I do wish there was a way to keep me connected to my child's schooling but be a little more user friendly though! It gets the job done but gets a little annoying along the way.

Pros

My child's preschool uses this program to communicate to parents both as a class setting and also individual communications between myself and the teachers. I appreciate that I can directly communicate to my child's teachers. The teachers also post pictures and things that they are doing in class - some posts just for me for privacy and others that are for the class! I love that I can "be a part of the classroom" so to say :)

Cons

The app itself is somewhat "clunky." The organization of the program is poor and you can see that you have notifications, but you have to click around to find out where the new items are. At times, I cannot get the push notifications to clear from my phone and most recently, I stopped getting any notifications at all even though my settings are set to allow them!

John M.

Seesaw - A life saver for Home Schooling!

Reviewed on 27/01/2021

Fantastic experience using SeeSaw over the past 12-18 months. Absolutely love it, but more importantly, so do my kids. It really is an amazing introduction to collaboration tools my kids will be exposed to in future work environments e.g.) Microsoft Sharepoint; Google GSuite; etc.

Pros

Love Seesaw for managing homeschooling for my primary school children. In particular, I love that my children are gaining a simple and easy introduction to 'collaborative working'. This is thanks to Seesaw's great interface, alerting tools, and managament overview tools (brilliant for 'helicopter parenting', where we can see multiple children (all ours) from the single interface & login).

Cons

There's not much that i don't like about Seesaw, but small issues such as clicking 'document hyperlinks' on certain devices (Amazon Fire Tablets) doesn't seem to work (thus have to copy the link on another device, and email it to the Amazon Fire device). But small issues such as this does not detract from what is a fantastic collaboration platform for Teachers, Children, and Parents! Thank you SeeSaw.

Sarah M.

Seesaw in Anderson One

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

I used Seesaw as a classroom teacher and now I enjoy getting to share the best ways to implement Seesaw in pre-K to 5th grade classrooms. I love seeing our ESL, speech, related, guidance, and administrators join classroom teachers on Seesaw so that the entire school is connected. It is by far my absolute favorite tool for elementary teachers!!

Pros

We have eight elementary schools in our district and they are all Seesaw for Schools. We have loved using Seesaw to engage our students, document learning, assess understanding, and communicate with families. Recently we used Seesaw blogs to connect our schools across the district so that they could share and comment on each other's writing.

Cons

Seesaw continues to update and make changes to make it easier for both teachers and students to use. We have made some suggestions for future updates but are very happy with the current product!

Summer A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

School liaison software

Reviewed on 02/08/2021

The software was given to us by the school during the online learning experience. It was supposed to allow children to know what they should be doing and what assignments were given. As parents we were given the parent access. There is a general feed where you can find some of the information. I do not know why all the information and postings are not there. There is also a journal section, where each teacher had a file that they would use per subject and where assignments and feedback was found. There is also an inbox section where messages with teachers are found - but if the teacher has not messaged first you can not message. I think the software has some really good ideas... but I think they could make it more organized and easier to use.

Pros

I am able to follow up on what the assignments are and whether or not my child had submitted the homework. I can see the teacher's comments about this too.

Cons

It is strangely set out. Sometimes you find information in the "home" section, sometimes in the "journal" section and sometimes in the inbox section and sometimes not at all! Teachers will say they have posted something, some of the kids will receive it and some not. I genuinely do not know if this is a software issue or user issue.
I was not happy that I could not directly message the teacher, especially in an emergency to say that the child was locked out of the online system, or chromebook had glitched or whatever. I feel that the software is "bitty" as though they had several good ideas and threw them together but that those ideas dont particularly communicate with each other. If the teacher had not messaged the child in the inbox then you would not be able to communicate with them. The organisation of the material is kind of chaotic. It would be better had things be arranged in folders rather than one long feed of assignments and uploaded student work. The only way that my child who was 8 and using this could upload his material was to use his camera on the chromebook to take a picture of the work as he held it up.... I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been for the teachers.

Melissa L.

Seesaw heehaw!

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

Pros

This product was a lifesaver Especially during the beginnings of the pandemic when we were all scrambling to get information to the kids and collecting it without seeing them in person staying apart. It was a lifesaver. Whatever the price it was it was worth it.

Cons

Especially during the beginnings of the pandemic when we were all scrambling to get information to the kids and collecting it without seeing them in person staying apart. It was a lifesaver. Whatever the price it was it was worth it. However, scheduling for it to appear on the lesson plans at all it’s a good feature but I did not know how to do it by myself so I did it wrong many times in the beginning and we set a lot of time it would be nice to have a feature video that would demonstrate how to do certain functions because I didn’t wanna waste anyone’s time to show me so I have to play around with it by myself.

Jenifer W.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Seesaw is Amazing!!

Reviewed on 25/06/2021

I love using Seesaw because of the ease of use for the teacher, ability for students to explain their learning in their own voice, and how easy it is to communicate with parents.

Pros

I love the ability to communicate with families in real time and share all the wonderful things happening in my classroom. I also love that even my youngest students can create short videos and add their voice to drawing in order to explain their learning.

Cons

This company really listens to its users! The only suggestion I had would be to add more pages to each activity, and they already added that as soon as customers requested it.

Kris H.

Amazing educational product!

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

I give it 5 out of 5 in all areas!

Pros

Seesaw is one of the best products I have used as an educator. I started using it with in person learning and it was such a great asset. Once we went to distance learning, it made the transition so much easier. I am able to give directions and assign different assignments. The students can complete the assignment, turn it in and I can respond to them individually. I can also share student presentations with the rest of the class, and they can leave positive comments. I am able to share and communicate with families. It is an excellent product!

Cons

I wish I would have started using it earlier in my career.

Patty H.

Students find it easy!

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

The company provides lots of training materials to use so that folks aren’t able to get up to speed on using it. This makes it simple to onboard new staff, and to find answers you need quickly.

Pros

Seesaw is very intuitive and easy to use for teachers as well as students. Our students use it weekly, and have become experts on this, showing the adults how to use it. In a year like we just had, transitioning from remote to hybrid and back to in person multiple times, Seesaw was a constant and became an anchor for our district.

Cons

Nothing here to complain about! Seesaw works as it’s intended to work. We have not had any failures with the product in the three years we have used it.

Rhianna D.

Well organized!

Reviewed on 02/06/2021

Overall I highly recommend for both professionals and parents alike.

Pros

I loved how organized and user friendly it is. Having multiple kids it allowed me to keep track of each one.

Cons

The notifications didn’t always come through as priority

Daniela R.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

User Friendly

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

Great work space for distance learning. Has definitely facilitated my daughters learning.

Pros

My daughters teacher uses this software to send her class assignments. We have been able to complete and turn in her assignments with ease as well as keep track of the work still due.

Cons

It took some time to get used to this software at first. Would love that she can fill in the documents answers rather than create text boxes for each answer.

Jenny B.

Parent Perspective

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

I'm thrilled this software give our teachers the capability to continue to educate my children remotely in these crazy times.

Pros

As our school has recently been forced to remote learning for a short period of time, lower elementary teachers are using Seesaw as their teaching platform. Today was my first experience with it as a parent, and I love the quality of the information our teacher was able to share, and the way my student could interact with posted activities.

Cons

It's confusing as a parent to know where to look to find things from the teacher. It's not very intuitive in this regard and could use improvement.

Kiara M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great

Reviewed on 12/07/2020

Great would recommend this to all my friends.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Make everything so simple.

Cons

I had a hard time at first just because I wasn’t use to this type of software but I got use to it after a while.

Kristin L.

Seesaw: Perfect platform for younger distance learners

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Seesaw has been perfect for our younger grades; it is versatile and intuitive, allowing kids to largely navigate the platform on their own (making kids, teachers, and parents happy)!

Pros

Seesaw is an intuitive, kid-friendly platform that can be easily utilized in remote instruction. Teachers can post videos, activities, and other lessons, and students can respond in a variety of ways: typing, writing, voice record, video, photos, etc.

Cons

I don't think there are many drawbacks. Students can navigate this easily enough that a 6 or 7 year old can largely handle their work without too much parent involvement.

Jordan M.

Basic, but user-friendly

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Pros

I teach 4th grade. We started using Seesaw last year when we went into distance learning.
It is great for:
1. quick videos or quick assignments
2. It is really user-friendly. Kids can navigate Seesaw much easier than any of our other platforms.

Cons

I was largely disappointed we chose to use Seesaw as I think it is pretty limited in what kids can do on it. Meaning:
1. Although it is great for younger learners (k-2), there is not really anything that we do on Seesaw that we couldn't do somewhere else.
2. Any sort of extended writing is not really great on Seesaw.

Paula K.

Seesaw

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

Overall Seesaw has been fantastic for our primary grade students!

Pros

The addition of Seesaw to our learning environment has added a tremendous learning experience for our k through grade 2 students.

Cons

At first, it takes time to get familiar with the features and shortcuts when creating assignments for student work.

Liz W.

SeeSaw is Great for Students!

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Pros

I love the ability for students to add photos, videos, drawings, and audio to show off their knowledge. It's also great for me to add audio.

Cons

I wish there was a way to save just one page of student work and not the whole zip file.

prefer brightwheel

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Seesaw is an okay app for connecting parents, students and teachers but I prefer the functionality of Brightwheel.

Pros

I like that the software allows me to see interactions and actions for the whole class at one time but don’t like the layout and options are minimal.

Cons

That teachers have the ability to turn off certain features as they see fit. Wish there was a way to log food and naps as well.

Great E Learning Resource

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Loving so far!

Pros

Love the app feature so I can use it on the go

Cons

A lot of coding to create shortcuts and I am not that tech saavy.

Priya K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Seesaw for Elementary Learners

Reviewed on 17/04/2021

I used it with young learners in academic and nonacademic settings virtually and it works very well.

Pros

Seesaw can be used with very young children. We have Kindergarteners through adolescents who can use it quite easily and create amazing presentations.

Cons

It works well for English language learners and has directions in Spanish. Perhaps, have kid-friendly directions in both Spanish and English for students.

Gwen G.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Parents Communicating with a Teacher

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

I think Seesaw is an unnecessary complication in the communication chain between parents and teachers and it adds one more piece of tech to the lives of those already overwhelmed or overloaded with programs and apps. It's easier and more intuitive to use email.

Pros

I can read posts by other parents and view photos taken by them during class trips, school functions, etc.,

Cons

This program is not intuitive even if you are young or have a tech degree. We are still trying to figure out how to send private messages, because otherwise your posts go out to all of the parents. Furthermore, I am having posts credited to me that I didn't write. Even the teacher struggles with it.

Ronald N.

Cumbersome

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

I did not enjoy using this program and then to think of paying for features I just wouldn't be able to do it. I know many like it and swear by it, so as I always say, "That's why they make vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry." It just wasn't for me.

Pros

I liked the number of different features all under one roof of a platform and the ability to communicate with students.

Cons

I found the UX not very friendly and I am a technology person but still found myself getting frustrated with the usability. I know there are many who like it, but I just found it cumbersome, not user friendly, and I thought there were products all be them separate that allowed for the same basic things in a more friendly design.

Laura H.

Teachers Need Seesaw!!

Reviewed on 01/04/2021

I love Seesaw!! I am able to give my parents access to their child's seesaw account where they can see the work they are doing in the classroom. Not only do I get to see their learning but the parents as well.

Pros

Using Seesaw has allowed me to personalize learning for my students. It is very easy to get started and set up your classroom. There are already a plethora of resources that other teachers have created or you can create your own content. Seesaw is very teacher-friendly and easy to set up. There are tons of resources ranging in content and grade level that will meet the needs of any classroom. I also love that students can create their own videos to explain their thinking and learning as well as take pictures.

Cons

I do not have any cons in regards to this program. I frequently talk about it within my workplace and have had many teachers sign up for the program and use it within their classrooms.

Brooke H.

Makes my day everyday!

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

Teachers at our school use this app to provide daily pictures and videos of our children in the classroom. It is such a fun way for me to get updates throughout the work day and feel like I am right in the classroom with them.

Pros

How easy it is to download and use. Very user friendly.

Cons

I wish when you went to download a picture- it let you download just one and not the whole series of photos.

Stacey B.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

My Favorite

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

Pros

There is so much you can do with Seesaw! I have used it for 3 years now and I can't say enough about how amazing it is. I became an ambassador for it 2 years ago and use the paid version. It's also includes an extension where students can take screenshots and embed them into their work. They have made many upgrades through out the years as well. I love how they change and adapt to their clientele.

Cons

The paid version is amazing, the free version is still good but not nearly as many features.

Rachel C.

I am a fan with some would be better ifs

Reviewed on 01/08/2021

Pros

I love that you can filter the children’s work in so many different ways.

Cons

I would like to be able to start typing a response to the children’s work, as I’m listening / watching the video but you can’t do both at the same time.