Mailjet

4.0/5

Andrew
Andrew
  • Industry: Graphic Design

SMTP relay for all my emails

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

I use mailjet in daily work and keep in mind if one of the clients asks for advise or recommendation. Mailjet offers and provide so many working services and features that while one implements them there is no time to think about the shortcomings.

Pros

1. innovative technologies and features
2. the necessary functions that can be extended and / or scaled if necessary
10. documentation and clear tutorials

Karen

MailJEt Review

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Overall, my experience is positive. I wish there was a way to customize image padding (more than what's available, once it's been inputted in. Another function that can use some work would be the spacing between paragraphs. It would be nice to be able to create different spacing within the same text box without all of the text adapting to the same space size. Otherwise, uploading contact lists and creating email templates has been seamless.

Pros

I like that it's easy to use and pretty intuitive for first time users.

Cons

What I like least is you can't control the optimization of mobile design, that it'll automatically scale larger or smaller than a phone screen. You can't design for one platform (desktop) without considering how it'll appear on mobile, since it's not mobile optimized.

Brevo

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

Dynamics had limitation in creating rich-media emails.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

MailJet had the most bang for your buck.
Alexander
Alexander

Easy To Setup, Crazy Terms of Service

Reviewed on 21/09/2019

It started off good, as an easy to use software but later turned into a nightmare working with their support.

Pros

It's really easy to set up and get going on a WordPress site, and I liked being able to authenticate by confirming an email rather than by DNS if I wanted.

Cons

Their TOS and enforcement of it is absolutely insane.

One of my sites sends transactional emails for the purchase of firearms accessories (think like holsters, nothing regulated). They blocked my entire account and all sites associated because of that. I removed the site they flagged, thinking I'd get my account back.

The compliance team then had to review my account, and then said one site I had linked which does landscaping is also against their terms because they don't allow real estate sales/related services.

I should note, none of the sites on my account were sending any sort of newsletter or promotional emails. It was all contact form submissions and purchase receipts.

SendGrid

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

It seemed easier to use at the time. I've since moved on.

Response from Sinch

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your feedback and we apologize for any issues you had with our service. Ultimately our sending policy is in place to avoid issues of spam, and illicit sending. We restrict content on self-service plans related to fire arms and real estate due to recommendations from ISPs. Thanks for understanding.

Best,
The Mailjet team

Rabemananjara
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Sen emails with Mailjet

Reviewed on 05/03/2024

Pros

The software is easy to use, it's easy to manage contacts and set a mail with different contents.

Cons

The lack of tools of creation to set up the email as we want.

Katerina
Katerina

Mailjet facilitates product management

Reviewed on 01/10/2018

In general I like Mailjet. You set up it once and you forget about it because you know that it is running like clockwork. I always recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros

Mailjet is quite easy to set up and use. The latest improvements that were implemented this year make the creation of nice looking emails for different platforms very convenient. User-friendly, colorful and intuitively understandable.

Cons

The most irritating thing about Mailjet is when the account is blocked for some reason and you message to the support they just say "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security rules. We unblock your account". They never say what exactly is incorrect with the domain despite the fact that it could help their customer to improve his domain security or change the hosting. Or as another example, when you have just created your account, you may get the message "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security flags. We cannot allow you to use our system." No any other clarification what exactly their security system didn't like. And you have to go to their competitors.

Sarah
  • Industry: Market Research

Mail In A Hurry!

Reviewed on 17/08/2023

Pros

There is an extensive and wide variety of email templates that allow you to send and receive emails based around marketing campaigns and/or automated messages, I love that it allows you to add and remove people to the structure of your math emails. Also, you can lock the email itself and only allow certain permissions to certain people so it gives each person a role that you give access via the mail jet system

Cons

This is definitely a more fifth Decatur set up, this will work excellent with B2b but it’s not self owned start-up business focused.

Stephen
Stephen
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Mailjet works very well as an SMTP service

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Sending large amounts of email from our ecommerce website, both of a transactional and marketing nature, is hard. Mailjet helps make this easier, and helps get our emails to our customers, and consistently offers excellent advice and functionality for making this work better both for us and for our customers.

Pros

The Customer Support is excellent. They are very proactive about identifying delivery issues, and are often introducing new features.

Cons

I wish it kept logs longer to help troubleshoot issues after they have happened.

Simon
Simon
  • Industry: Food Production

Ecommerce and Mailjet

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Pros

As we have to be sure that all the mails from our store goes to our customers, we did search for an easy solution. Mailjet is easy to configure and very stable. It was very easy to connect Mailjet with our Storesoftware.
In I think 4 Years of using Mailjet we had to contact the support 1 time, they did help us very well.

Cons

Okay the backend is sometimes a bit confusing and have to click arround to find the things you are looking for

Rahul
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Quality review of Mailjet

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

Pros

- Easy to deploy Transactional Emails- Also saved section are more in control.- Quickly update linked section to apply in all concerned mails.

Cons

- Sending history management is bit complex to solve issues. as It's not easily identifiable for concerned campaigns

Nicolas

Great affordable emailing software

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

Pros

The price is definitely very cheap for the value.

Cons

The app is sometimes buggy and it can lead to frustration especially when you build transactional templates with lots of variables.

Hamza
  • Industry: Publishing

Alternative of Mailgun

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

Pros

Basically both the company name comes under same firm but having lots of different, if you use mailgun in free trial the deliverability comes to 100% but if you purchase then ratio will be different, however, the same does not happens mailjet, seriously i am using this service with multiple accounts and getting same ratio with it, the good thing is that you can save the template in the panel and modified to get better deliverability . Secondly they providing their own unsubscribe link which help us that there system identified the email address of unsubscribe and removed automatically

Cons

One of the cons is to adding payment method every month,as in India RBI has change the policy for online payment

• Used Daily for Free Trial

A very basic service that is seriously lacking in terms of marketing

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

To be honest, I used to own the most advanced autoresponder service on the market. It was designed around marketers' needs and did its job to perfection. I sold the company a few years ago and have been operating manually ever since. This is not a good way to run an online business so I searched for an affordable email marketing service and was recommended to try Mailjet.

I even had someone from our local chamber of commerce come to the company to show me how to set it up. That alone should speak volumes about its user unfriendliness because if someone who had developed similar software couldn't understand it, what chance does the common man have?

The fact that they refuse questions from potential customers has to be the icing on the cake. I mean, can you imagine walking into a store and asking a salesman a question about an item you are interested in purchasing, only to receive the reply "Sorry but we only accept questions from existing customers."? It is a shame because I would happily work with them to take their product to an entirely new level.

As things stand, their system is overly complicated and unnecessarily so. It doesn't cost much because it doesn't offer very much.

Pros

When compared to competing services, its pricing is quite competitive.

Cons

The interface is far from intuitive, especially if you have used other services in the past.
Much of it does not work as it is supposed to. You can waste a lot of time repeating actions until the system finally reacts.
Server response is incredibly slow.
Most of the most important functions needed to use the system for marketing purposes are missing.
As a potential customer trying the software with a view to becoming a permanent user, you may not contact support. They literally refuse all questions from potential customers!

Response from Sinch

Hello, we are very sorry to hear that you had trouble reaching us. If you need to contact us in the future, you can write to us at [email protected]. We remain open to all comments and we'd be happy to assist you. Best, the Mailjet team.

Pashminu
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Good value for money

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

Overall, I am very much glad to have a pocket friendly marking too.

Overall, I am very much glad to have a pocket friendly marking too.

Pros

It is easy to get started with all the options and the best feature is to schedule the emailers. Also, the reports are good enough for normal email marketing.

Cons

There should be a feature to show the click heat map, that would be helpful is getting better insights on writing the emailer content and links etc.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

It was too expensive

Mailchimp

Cost factor above all.
Simone

Mailjet: our choice for transactional emails

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

Mailjet helps us delivering hundreds of transtactional and confirmation emails connected to our web projects. It never fails. One of the most reliable providers I have ever met in my career.

Pros

Mailjet offer various plans based on the size of your projects (there is even a fully functional free one for very small projects). It is very easy to set up, it gives you a lot of different choices to setup domain authentication (preventing your emails to become spam). No frills, everything in its right place and always working.
The interface is very clear in order to communicate to developers which data they should use to integrate their software with mailjet email service, and what to do to avoid black listing, spam, etcetera

Cons

Sometimes their service for automatic detection of domain owners is blocked by firewalls. Thus you need to be able to edit your domain's DNS setting to authenticate the sender.

Paul

We've had multiple problems with Mailjet cutting us off or going down but like the ability to...

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Pros

Ability to search by email address to see the list of emails sent. What's great is that it shows the email subject and status so you can show what was sent, when and when it was delivered.

The hooks are ok

Cons

Very manual process to get someone unblocked and can be slow.

If they are blocked, you still get charged for the email. The email doesn't get queued, so it's lost...

We've also had a problem with our server config so that it sent thousands of email requests to an email address that didn't exist (the mx record didn't even exist!!). We didn't receive an alert of this and got charged hundreds of pounds.

We note that with SendGrid we can just click a button to unblock someone. Saves so much time and makes our clients happy. We're considering swapping to be honest; but they don't show the email subject

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

So horrible I had to create an account here just to write a review!

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Pros

The design / looks were the only positive that I could take. While the product is extremely irritating due to the limited functionality and horrible product thinking, the UI/UX designers have done a good job.

Cons

Oh, so much. Here are a few things that it falls short in when compared to other mass emailers:1. Contacts management: You have very limited options in the way you want to upload / edit contacts. The multi-editing options are a joke, and there is no way you can send emails to some contacts in a list instead of all. Also, even to remove a contact from a list, you need to upload a freaking CSV file! I mean, did they never use their own product after creating it?2. The campaign editing options are extremely limited even in a paid version. Glad that I never paid them a buck.3. Creating contact properties is a big pain due to the functionality.4. Their email templates are a joke.5. Extremely limited options when designing emails.

amit

This Is Good For begineers

Reviewed on 17/07/2022

Pros

The service is good but they block accounts without intimation even we use list cleaning techniques so critical to recover accounts

Cons

Pricing is little high and application
Layout is little critical.Some functions doesn't work on slow internet

Francois Pascal
Francois Pascal

This is the best emailing software I've used to date.

Reviewed on 06/07/2023

Pros

Editing, managing and setting up automatic mailings is easy to implement. Even list management is easy to set up.

Cons

There are a few bugs from time to time, but nothing serious.

Jaime
Jaime

MailJet, you get what you pay for.

Reviewed on 30/12/2015

All I can say, is try and fine a phone number of email address for technical support ANYWHERE. Your only contact is through the support form, which would be great if they didn't take 2 days to get back to you. 2 days is two days too long if you send out 12,000 emails and all of the links don't work as happened to us. When you use MailJet, they do some kind of redirecting, probably so they can capture analytics. At 10:44 we ran our final test and it worked. At 11:00 we launched 12,000 and every hyperlink was broke. First thing the next morning I ran a test again and the links worked on that. Been trying to get a hold of Mail Jet all morning while my customer if fielding angry emails and calls from the recipients. It's a huge embarrassment and frustration for all of us. Now ask me if the $7.50 per month price is a good deal or not?

Oh, and this is not the first time we've needed help and gotten into this bind. We will be switching once we manage this emergency.

Pros

Very cheap tool. $7.50 per month for up to 30,000 emails.

Cons

Cheap. Tech support is a minimum of a day from responding and you probably won't get much out of them. Outsourcing or cloud doesn't work if the vendors don't respond to your urgent issues on a timely basis.

How about a tech support phone number, chat, email address????? Bump the price up to $10/month and actually provide something.

Bernardo

For use beyond transactional email, leaves questions

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Low cust

Low cust

Pros

It is a service with Low cost, Easy API and best Doc. The value pays off if you are a startup. But you will have to revisit your choice when you grow up.

Cons

For simple email sending, Mailjet works as a charm,
But from the moment you started using other features like Mail Automation, you started the problems, and the support ticket openings. I have two ticket open, and one without solution yet.

If I start a new business, probably Mailjet will not be my choice. Unfortunately changing now, is not ideal, because I prefer to dedicate myself to other subjects.

The service is not bad at all. Only this Email Automation that does not seem to be ideal for production.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Entertainment

Mailjet review by Jen

Reviewed on 01/03/2023

Pros

Email marketing has become more important and actually a necessity. This product works and is easy to use. Customer service dept has knowledgeable people.The Template-based emails are eye catching and eye pleasing.

Cons

If there were a rating for mobile compatibility I would rate this product 3/5. The screen display adjusts with every click as if it can't decide on which size to choose. An improper size wouldn't bother me as much as the constant adjustment.

atul
atul

I have been using Mailjet since long and haven't found anything better than Mailjet, truly...

Reviewed on 27/12/2017

I am in network marketing and this software helped me a lot On daily basis I updates my contacts regarding my new projects without any hassle.Great software ,Keep it up MailJet. Thanks

Pros

I love the the easy n smooth mail sending quality of this software the most but rest of functions and services also awesome like customer support ,Templates,SMTP etc.

Response from Sinch

Hey Atul,
we are glad to hear you are happy with our service! Thank you for taking time to leave a review.

Have a nice day!
The Mailjet Crew

Luka

Nothing to add. The level of service and reliability is unparalleled.

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

Pros

Ease of use, reliability, user friendly experience, statistics and its exporting. In 5 years of use, not one problem.

Cons

Sometimes the user interface is a bit sluggish, but i don't know, it might be a browser problem, because most of the times it runs without a problem.

Response from Sinch

Hello,
thank you Luka for leaving us a review! We are glad you are happy with your experience on Mailjet for 5 years now :)

Thanks again and have a good week!
The Mailjet Crew

Jack
  • Industry: Machinery

They have no support at all.

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

I raised a ticket #1312623. It’s been four days and they won’t reply.

So I raised another ticket...

I raised a ticket #1312623. It’s been four days and they won’t reply.

So I raised another ticket for asking why they are not replying. The issue was quite urgent. Then in a very short time, I saw the ticket was closed.

So they have time to close my ticket, but they don’t have time or they don’t want to reply to a ticket. Very interesting.

Their attitude of doing nothing is the worst and the rudest I’ve ever seen in my years of working with several email service companies.

And I see that they blame this to the pandemic. But many other good companies, they are not doing this. Your problem is your problem, don’t try to blame someone else.

So, please DO NOT buy it, consider others.

Pros

Cheap in price. Normal dashboard. Kind of easy to use.

Cons

The support center is a joke. Once you paid, you get no one support.

Response from Sinch

Hi Jack, We're sorry for the delay in our response. We have responded to your ticket and it is ready for your review. We strive for a fanatical support experience and if you would like to provide additional feedback about your experience please email us at [email protected].

Steven

Faultless Service

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

It's a solid relay service which I can wholeheartedly recommend.

It's a solid relay service which I can wholeheartedly recommend.

Pros

It's an excellent mail service that I've had zero problems with. No outages, nothing. Which means I have no headache in trying to get something to work or maintain it.

Cons

Nothing, I honestly can't think of anything other than it's not free, but I pay a pittance for what I do get to use, which I can't complain about because it's so well priced.