Soapbox

Rapid authoring for facilitated training

4.6/5
4.6/5
4.8/5
5/5

9 Software options

Tiffany A.
  • Industry: Banking

Soapbox is a time saver!

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Soapbox saves us time as well as creative energy by giving us the framework and activity ideas for learning sessions. Although we use our own branded PowerPoint slides, we can still use some of that suggested content as well. It is a tool that is well worth the money, just in time saved for us!

Pros

There are so many things to like about Soapbox. On my team we have people with varying levels of experience in instructional design, and Soapbox makes it easy for all of us to use it to whatever extent we want. For some more experienced people, we may only use it for laying the foundation and getting ideas, but for less experienced people it may be used as the single source for creating learning sessions. I love that it factors in all of the elements of the session like the time and delivery method, and it's super helpful for creating learning objectives.

Cons

My only criticism would be the lack of options for alternate activities. In my most recent Soapbox project, I didn't love the initial idea for an activity, and there were only 3 or 4 options for alternatives.

Response from Endurance Learning

It is wonderful to hear that people of varying skill levels are using Soapbox successfully. We're always adding new activities so I hope that you'll start to see more alternative activities that work for your presentations.

Caroline W.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great for someone new to training role

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

I'm new to my training role and needed guidance with writing learning objectives and keeping my training interesting and interactive, especially in our current all-virtual environment. Soapbox was extremely helpful with this as well as timing, variety of activity, and creating a facilitator guide (my boss LOVED that).

Pros

guidance for writing learning objectives, variety of activities, consideration of virtual platforms and their capabilities; facilitator guide

Cons

unable to select activities 'a la carte'

Response from Endurance Learning

We're so happy we made you look good to your boss! :-) Our goal is to make every person who uses Soapbox better at their job!

Rhonda S.

Struggle with IT in Healthcare during Pandemic - Great software, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] - no time...

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Very good the little bit I've had time to use it.

Pros

Ease of use and the ones that were created already - Zoom etc. Made it easier to see the big picture of how the software could function.

Cons

With working in Healthcare IT during pandemic have not had the time to use this software to its fullest. Very sad on my part but no time this past year.

Response from Endurance Learning

I'm sorry you haven't had time to use it. Let us know if there is anything we can do to support you!

Kim K.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Soapbox - very helpful

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Great, creative ideas. Even if I don’t use everything that is selected for my presentation, it gives me a great starting point to create my own information and training materials.

Pros

Ease of use, creativity. There was so much information that is available, and I can pick and choose what I like.

Cons

Lots of information to fill out prior to the slides/ideas population occurs.

Response from Endurance Learning

Thank you so much for the feedback! We agree that Soapbox is one of a kind. We are always trying to make it easier to get to the end result of having a great presentation and will keep working to make that process go even faster.

Kristine B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Major up-leveled my trainings

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

Soapbox was one of the most useful training tools I have used. Overall I would use this product daily or weekly.
Even though I don’t have access to it anymore because I only used the trial I am looking forward to talking my supervisors into buying it. It also made me make better training in my own because it’s a new way of thinking about training engagement backed by research and a lot of experience.

Pros

This product made me think of trainings in a new way. I loved all the options for different activities to work with getting information using a variety of learning modalities.
decreased my training planning time by more than half plus made them much more organized and engaging.

Cons

The price was inhibitive for my small government funded program.

Response from Endurance Learning

Thank you so much for this feedback! Our goal is to help people think in a different way! We're sorry the price was prohibitive. At the beginning of the COVID pandemic we dropped the price so maybe it is worth a second look?

Janice W.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

The Training Designer's Friend!

Reviewed on 26/10/2021

Soapbox really helped me to add variety to my training delivery.

Pros

I tremendously appreciated the numerous new ideas that Soapbox gave me for making my training more interactive. They took my learning objectives and offered activities that supported, or could be easily adapted to support them.

Cons

At the time I used the trial, the system was not yet set up for online delivery. Looking forward to trying it again soon now that they do. Also, I couldn't refresh or reload an activity option that I accidentally deleted.

Response from Endurance Learning

We're so excited to get you back into Soapbox to see all the updates we made!

Laurie G.

Early Childhood Educator

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

It has been an asset to have this program. I do a lot of training and it is very helpful!

Pros

I love the organizational ability it gives me. Sometimes my thoughts get all mixed up and being able to organize my presentation is so helpful! I also love that it gives me strategies and activities.

Cons

I am in the early childhood field and sometimes it was a little hard to adapt activities to people in my audiences.

Response from Endurance Learning

It is great to hear about how Soapbox is helping. Our goal is to always help people find a faster, more clear path to training sessions. Early childhood educators are some of our most dedicated customers and we hope we can continue to refine the content to make it even more valuable to you.

Gary G.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Software

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Pros

This software makes us much more productive and I would recommend it.

Cons

I would encourage you to continue developing additional features.

Response from Endurance Learning

Thanks for the feedback! I hope our roadmap doesn't disappoint!

Derek D.

Endurance Learning

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Pros

We work with El to provide training and customer on boarding support and they have great experience in this area. El also provides the tools and resources to deliver the necessary courses and programs that they support.

Cons

There really isn't anything negative to note

Response from Endurance Learning

Thanks for your feedback! Both EL (Endurance Learning) and Soapbox strive to provide the best possible tools and resource for training. We're happy to hear that it is has been a positive experience.