Deel

The all-in-one HR platform for global teams.

4.5/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.6/5

Andrea
Andrea

Ability to Manage Offshore Contractors with Ease

Reviewed on 28/07/2023

I have not only been extremely happy with the platform but my rep has been the biggest help! I work with [sensitive content hidden] and she is ALWAYS there to help me through roadblocks or to answer any questions. It's truly been a pleasure to have her on my side.

Pros

Deel is crucial to the management of our offshore team. It's refreshing to know that we have compliance documents auto-populated for each country and that takes the worry off our plate. It's easy to pay our team, record time off, adjust contracts, add additional contractors, etc. Overall very happy with this platform and highly recommend!

Cons

When updating a contractors pay you have to terminate the contract and start a new one - I would love to see improvement here. It would be extremely beneficial to update a contract without the hassle of ending the contract, paying the contractor off cycle then starting a new one.

Malvika

Simple, efficient and compliant EOR service that is value for money

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

Deel was a great EOR partner service platform that delivered quality, value for money service throughout its course. We were extremely satisfied with the customer support team which has been ever responsive and kept up with all our queries at all odd times. Definitely a partner worth working with for all our future international hiring that require contract and payroll support

Simple, efficient dashboard systems
Responsive Customer Support

Cons

Over-reliance on customer support for easy doubts or query resolutions

Bad on all fronts

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

Nothing short of bad, a road full of hiccups and disaster.
it was so bad that <2 months in we...

Nothing short of bad, a road full of hiccups and disaster.
it was so bad that <2 months in we started looking at switching to another provider.

Pros

1. it allows you to hire and pay remote employees in a long list of countries and comply with the local laws
2. the onboarding uploading screen of the documents needed is fairly straightforward

Cons

1. the admin has no clue where each one of his onboarding employees is at in that stage (if they have finished it , if there are bottlenecks

2. the UI is nothing short of a disaster - in order for you to try and find things like trying to resubmit expenses you need to click on your contract instead of actually have a dedicated expenses section.
it feels that it was built as an after-thought

3. we've switched from another similar tool where we thought wasn't great but Deel is a freefall (it took me to get the actual counter contract once I've signed mine digitally a week, they aren't really aware of the local legal or much of the regulations so their support isn't really helpful and disconnected form your customer success.

4. we've been on the phone with them daily for over 6 weeks now past the onboarding to try and solve so many hiccups including miscalculations from their end of payments, lack of benefit enrollment

Mickey

Easy to use employer of record for international hires.

Reviewed on 27/12/2023

Pros

The best thing about Deel is that it makes it a lot more easy for your company to hire people that are not in your country or jurisdiction through their employer of record service.

Cons

Deel can be quite expense as they have to take a lot of the employer responsibilities that you don't have to deal with yourself.

Yvonne
Yvonne
  • Industry: Human Resources

Using Deel, streamline global hiring and payroll

Reviewed on 07/06/2023

Any organization that employs foreign freelancers, contractors, or gig workers should strongly consider using Deel. For the majority of businesses, the advantages of having a single, streamlined solution for international payments and contracts will almost probably outweigh the relatively slight disadvantages. Businesses and contractors alike obtain the tools, direction, and certainty they need to expand and operate cooperatively across borders with Deel.

Pros

Deel streamlines and makes onboarding new international contractors simple. Through Deel's user-friendly platform, tasks that once took weeks to accomplish, such as opening local bank accounts, completing tax forms, and creating contracts, may now be finished in a matter of minutes. Contractors start operating rapidly so they can begin adding value right away. The quick and simple onboarding process also increases the likelihood that contractors would want to stay on board with the company.

Cons

Although Deel offers a complete solution for managing contractors around the world, the platform has little flexibility for companies that need customization outside of the built-in features and processes. Deel may not give the flexibility to fully configure the software to fit the precise compliance, payroll, or reporting demands of businesses with very specific requirements. Deel is best suited for companies who are happy to use the majority of its core features without having to considerably customize the platform.

Marián
Marián

Payroll & Benefits Coordinator

Reviewed on 29/09/2023

Great!

Great!

Pros

I love that everything is in one place. It's user-friendly, and all the contractors always agree with it; they have no problems, and I have never received a complaint about the platform

Cons

I would improve the reporting part, making it more customizable

Response from Deel

Hey there,

We're so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with Deel. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing us. We look forward to helping you in the future!

Cenk
Cenk
  • Industry: Accounting

Great tool to manage and pay the contractors and compliance

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

So far, so good. We recommend it to all of our clients as we are an accounting practice.

Pros

Deel is improving every month, adding new and new features... We like the most:Options to pay contractors: They are flexibleCompliance: Has standard, country specific agreements and also does the KYC and tax forms.Wide services: Depending in where you locate, types of contractors or employees, Deel has a wide range of services and products and as a CEO, I can decide the cost/benefit and choose one. We are not forced to fit a solution but can choose.Client Service and Support: Our client manager is great and we discuss the risks and options and methodologies to choose the right solutions.

Cons

None that comes to my mind... but I would say their EOR solution is a bit costly.

Response from Deel

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed using Deel. Your feedback means a lot to us! We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Mariano
Mariano

Deel is the deel

Reviewed on 02/08/2023

Love the website, love what they achieve to centralize every payment in one place.

Pros

Deel help me receiving payments abroad very easy and to send it wherever I want.

Cons

I need to take my money in less than 30 days. I dont understand this rule.Oh and I will love to have an app for my phone.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Twajesh
Twajesh

Amazing experience

Reviewed on 02/06/2023

Amazing product and very helpful in processing international payments

Amazing product and very helpful in processing international payments

Pros

Payment processs and contractor management

Cons

Deel verification before contract creation

Response from Deel

Hey there,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're committed to providing excellent services and appreciate your feedback.

Stephanie

Great payroll software for remote work

Reviewed on 03/02/2024

Great payroll service for remote workers. Conversions are fair to generous with currency exchanged and direct deposits are lightning speed quick! 10/10 would recommend if you want your money quick into your bank

Pros

I get paid from abroad and the process of getting my money into deel and subsequently into my bank is lightning speed. Takes usually 1-8 hours for me and sometimes it’s instant! Fastest payroll online service out there.

Cons

I encountered issues when uploading receipts proof for reimbursement (under expenses) JPG files would not upload but then tried with PDF files and worked okay

Madeleine

Great payroll services

Reviewed on 31/07/2023

With Deel I am able to manage my offshore hires and their payroll with ease. I don't have to know local law - Deel takes care of it for me.

Pros

It's an easy onboarding for both employer and employee.

Cons

The time reporting is a bit confusing (for employer). It's difficult to find historic time reports and know exactly which reports belong to which invoices. It takes unnecessary time for me to put the pieces together.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

We're so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with Deel. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing us. Your feedback is important to us and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

If you are small company you don't matter

Reviewed on 05/10/2022

They start by getting your company solely on price comparison and once you sign, the honeymoon phase ends and they disappear which is not cool when dealing with global payrolls. After 3 months of no support or answers, I switched to a competitor and I'm not coming back with them.

Pros

Initially, they show you the software and possible perks and benefits you could get for a lower price point than other competitors (The Software is not that different from all of them), while stating we would have full support which was attractive vs their cost

Cons

Once you sign, they immediately leave you alone, with no real support whatsoever and difficulties setting everything up

Papaya Global

Reasons for Switching to Deel

Only based on price point and was a HUGE mistake - cheap things are expensive on the long run
Vicki
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Global HR Operations Director

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Pros

What like the most is the responsiveness of the custmer services, like sending a ticket and having their response in 24 hours. The account manager connecting us to the resources timely. However, the customer success manager changed frequently.

Cons

The cost/pricing which is not very friendly to SME like us, when we really need a good long term partner for global expansion and scale up.

The flexibility to solutions, or platform, or payroll cycle lag time is long which adding a lot of extra work to the current time. Like we already have our own system to apply leave, and reimbursement, or boarding etc. How to synergize those process between Deel and Appier to make better employee experiences to our employees, who won't feel they are outsider, or different than regular employees.

Martin

Streamlined Global Hiring and Payroll Made Easy with Deel

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

It has significantly reduced the time and effort required for our international hiring and payroll management, allowing us to focus on what matters most - our business.

Pros

Deel has truly simplified international hiring for my business. Its platform offers seamless compliance and management in over 150 countries, making it easy to hire talent from around the world without the hassle of setting up foreign entities. I particularly appreciate the localized legal contracts and the user-friendly interface.

Cons

While Deel has greatly improved our global hiring processes, there were times when I felt customer support could have been more responsive.

Response from Deel

Hey there,

Lexa
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great options for remote jobs

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

Pros

Easy access to withdrawing money. The option to make quick deposits direct to the card was great, but the fact that it still has additional fees is inconvenient and adds up if you're aren't the type to make one big withdraw and if you do so the fee is still high

Cons

Additional fees for each withdraw that is made. Maybe it can be an option to only charge fees after 2 or 3 withdraws. In my case I make small withdrawals and by the month it adds up.

Response from Deel

Hello there,

Best regards,
The Deel Team

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Very bad support - extremely inefficient

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Pros

The concept sounds good - the problem is big and is worth solving - could have an amazing impact

Cons

Deel sounds really good on paper, the problem they are addressing is important and their impact could be huge on both their clients and their employees. On actuality, Deel failed to meet the minimum expectations every time they were needed.The processing of the visa was delayed multiple times, and the process is full of inefficiencies. The employee is asked to use the portal to upload their documents, the portal looks good and is comprehensive but is never used by the Deel team and the employee is asked for the same information and documents every time.First payroll was delayed, the rest so far has been arriving on time.The health insurance coverage had interruptions and the support to recover insurance was delayed and underwhelming.Every government application where you'll need them will take 10 times the normal time and cost 10 times the normal cost.The support is really lacking, you will need to reach out over chat to a team that has no knowledge nor ability and is always blocked by other teams that you cannot reach to.

Olena
  • Industry: Computer Games

Playgendary's review

Reviewed on 02/06/2023

Overall experience is pleasant

Overall experience is pleasant

Pros

User friendly interface, good customer support, flexibility with pricing policy, a lot of information on how to use Deel is available

Cons

EOR with visa support is expensive (one-off 7k+ for visa application looks over expensive)

Response from Deel

Hey therem

Cheers,

• Industry: Hospitality

Helpful for remote contract management

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

Pros

We hire contractors across multiple states and countries. Deel has made it easier to onboard and pay them, as well as manage their contracts. It's nice to have everyone in one place.

Cons

The user interface can be a bit clunky at some times. Deel is constantly making updates to their platform and revising their workflows. Every update has improved the user experience so far.

Response from Deel

Hey there,

Grace
  • Industry: Banking

Deel Review

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

Pros

Easy to use and very user friendly. A breeze to use!

Cons

There's a ghost $5 fee charged to me every time I process my payment. This is separate from the $5 you charge. In total, I'm always paying $10 to tranfer my money out of the deel account.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Please know that the additional $5 fee on your withdrawal is not a Deel fee but a fee charged by the provider. More information about withdrawal fees can be found from this help article: https://help.letsdeel.com/hc/en-gb/articles/14391381019537-About-Withdrawal-Fees

Your feedback means a lot to us and we look forward to assisting you again soon!

leann

Good for first-time international payroll runners

Reviewed on 05/10/2022

Pros

Easy to use product that allows our company to hire internationally and compliantly. They are working on the transparency of EOR costs and I can really appreciate that. Customer service is also quick. I'd like to think that I was one of their early customers and I can definitely say they have come a good long way.

Cons

International hiring can be a headache but Deel tries their best to make it easy.

Anthony
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great Product

Very positive

Very positive

Pros

Ease of useVery quick implementation Customer service (shout out to [sensitive content hidden]) Was very impressed with how quickly we got our china team onboard back in December when I was out. I felt supported by the Deel team.

Cons

Future dating of existing contracts. Can’t amend a salary change until day of change

Papaya Global

Reasons for Switching to Deel

Price and had a good user experience before

Response from Deel

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Deel! We are thrilled to hear that you were satisfied with the service provided. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent support.

Ivan
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A Game-Changer for Global Contractors

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

My overall experience with Deel has been quite positive. It's been a game-changer for my contracting gigs, offering streamlined global expansion and handling compliance in different countries, which used to be a real headache. The automated invoicing and payment options have saved me time, although I haven't tried the Deel Card yet. The user-friendly interface keeps everything organized. In summary, Deel has definitely made my contractor life smoother and more efficient.

Pros

Deel has made my life as a contractor way less complicated. It's more than just a payment platform – it's like having a friend who takes care of the boring stuff so I can focus on what I do best.

Cons

I haven't given the Deel Card a shot myself, but just looking at those transaction fees, it seems like they could pile up before you know it. Another thing I would like to use is to be able to send a transfer to NUBANK in Mexico, seems that this is not an official bank on your platform.

Response from Deel

Hello Ivan,

Lizzie
  • Industry: Media Production

Aces basic functionality but little support

Reviewed on 02/01/2024

Pros

It did exactly what we needed it to do initially, which is administer contracts and payroll for our overseas offices. Everything works like clockwork which makes it very black and white with deadlines and therefore very easy to know what's what. Very easy to change contract details. When I was put in touch with the account manager, she was very friendly and keen to help however she could with any queries I had.

Cons

There was no support, and the support I do get is actually factually incorrect every time I manage to get hold of someone. I found myself sending gov websites to the people answering my questions to show them their answers are incorrect. One time I had a whole conversation with support and then it turned out the entire time they were looking at the wrong thing and so giving me the wrong answer, which felt typical.

Raymund Anthony
  • Industry: Consumer Services

How useful was Deel for me

Reviewed on 20/08/2023

Pros

The platform is useful for freelancers like me especially in receiving your salary from your client/employer. They have a number of withdrawal options for you to choose.

Cons

When I first used it, I had trouble adding my work hours. As time goes by, I was able to adapt to it and it's now easier for me to use. Hoping they can still improve it's UI so that it will be more user-friendly for new users.

Response from Deel

Hello there,

Best regards,
The Deel Team

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great product and service!

Reviewed on 28/07/2023

Pros

Ease of use, timeliness and willingness to help find the right product and solutions for our needs.

Cons

More information for us to already have on hand instead of needing to go to support with legislation and compliance.