Marq

Write a Review!
Easy-to-use design & brand templating platform.

4.4/5

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Saved me so much time!

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

Pros

I've literally spend hours upon hours trying to figure out how to make business cards on Microsoft word, this software really helped cut the time in half. Having excellent templates really was super useful and there were a lot of fun creative designs. I found it to be much more simple than using the Adobe software that I found to be a bit intimidating.

Cons

I really didn't need to use this software very much, but I did not experience any issues while using the free trial and I would recommend it to anyone trying to build cards like this.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Used for 1+ year

Easy Brand Design Management Software

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

I learned more about what I require in a design software and what I could live without.

Pros

User intuitive, and simple to use straight out of the gate with useful templates to get even the newest of users started quickly. Brand Management options make for quick projects as well.

Cons

Free options are limited and the sizing and formats could be a bit more diverse. I personally can do the same thing in other programs with their free versions what requires a subscription to do in Lucidpress.

Katie
  • Used for 6-12 months

Fine to Use in a Pinch, But Not a Great Substitute

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Pros

If you need a quick document or poster designed and you haven't dived into the Adobe world yet, Lucidpress will work in a pinch. The navigation is fairly simple and easy to use, and they've got a great selection of pre-designed icons, symbols, and pictures you can use. It's been a lifesaver for quick projects when I didn't have access to InDesign.

Cons

The free version is extremely restrictive in the amount of data you can upload + pages you can create. Good news: the first paid tier isn't prohibitively expensive (so expect to pay). Functionality isn't at all as robust as InDesign, and I've often found myself scrambling and searching to find a basic function like page rulers/guidelines. But if you're expecting basic functionality, this will get the job done.

• Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used for 6-12 months

Even a kid can use this!

Reviewed on 12/01/2019

As a small business I have a limited budget for graphic design. For small projects Lucidpress has been used for our one-off reports and mailers.

This platform is perfect for people like me who have a limited budget and a basic knowledge of layout. I am sure that if I was a trained professional I could capitalize on all the features and do a better job, but for the projects that I have this is a great solution.

I highly recommend this platform.

Pros

That it is drag and drop features and the help tool is great, clear, and actually does help guide you through to the solution (I have used it a lot).

Cons

It is sometimes hard to get the columns to connect/disconnect and resize.

Glenn
Glenn
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good, but there are better

Reviewed on 10/07/2021

For a cloud service to use in documents, it is very usable. Just don't expect to do creative design in it. Create multi-page text documents in it if you want, but do your cover somewhere else.

Pros

My colleague uses this and invited me to try it on her account. It has nice features and allows you to create and layout documents, and provides a catalog interface so I can see and choose all my created content quickly. Easy to use for a cloud service, good for beginners to do basic stuff.

Cons

To be honest, it feels a bit old, reminds me of Aldus Pagemaker back in the 90's. Layout functionalities are limited and stiff, provides few options for creative design. Don't get me wrong, it is very usable and you CAN do good layouts in it, but it takes time and a lot more steps than what I am used to.

Lexie
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Easy for Non-Designers

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Such a great workspace for non-designers to be creative.

Such a great workspace for non-designers to be creative.

Pros

I liked how I was able to transfer all my skills from Illustrator and MORE from this software. It has advanced capabilities even though even though beginners can use it too. It puts a lot of pressure off me, as a graphic designer, when writers can create visuals of what they are thinking themselves.

Cons

This does not replace Illustrator in my opinion since there is just not the same amount of flexibility offered. It is still useful for the writers.

Ismail

Lucid Press

Reviewed on 27/02/2017

Pros

Lucid press is awesome we use it to create all our eBooks, we used to work with Indesign before, but Indesign requires lots of computer resources what we like about Lucid Press is the fact that it runs on a browser

Cons

Grids and snap to grid features can be improved, text-editor needs improvements, there are no strokes for the text.

Colin
Colin

A is for A4

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

I have found it useful in preparing a brochure and some other material for a restaurant business that is run by some friends. It's relatively intuitive but could do with more templates in A4

Pros

I like the templates and the relatively easy way to adapt them to suit your needs

Cons

There are not enough templates in A4 which is the most commonly used paper in an office and small business environment in Australia. When you change a "Letter"-sized template to A4 the design elements move out of place.

Michael
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Get the BEST with Lucidpress

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

The overall experience was great. We were able to publish a monthly newsletter promoting the exciting accomplishments of our school and community. Once the template was setup for the different users, the delegation of duties and the collaboration of ideas was outstanding.

Pros

* Ability to work on publication collaboratively with others
* Create many different styles of pages to make you publication spectacular
* Professional look of the finished product
* Different ways to publish the final product

Cons

* There is a "learning curve" on how some function work in Lucidpress.
* Not a drag and drop feature for pictures.

Rivka
Rivka
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 11/04/2020

Pros

This has been a great tool for creating the layout for my children's books and coloring books before publishing them. It is simple and easy to use even for someone without a background in more advanced design tools like myself. I am so glad I found this tool!

Cons

Like anything else, even though it is easy there is a bit of a learning curve.

Marci

Great Product

Reviewed on 24/02/2020

Pros

The ease of use is what I like most. It’s very user friendly.

Cons

In my opinion it is missing some features such as the ability to create charts and graphs. I would also like the ability to add some more artistic flair to my documents and to have a wider variety of preset templates like Canva offers.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Price and ease of use
William and
  • Industry: Publishing

Easiest Publishing program available

Reviewed on 17/05/2021

Overall, LucidPress is a fantastic publishing program that will have you up and designing magazines, flyers, webpages, etc in no time at all

Pros

I liked LucidPress because it is straightforward and relatively easy to use, requiring only a short amount of study time before I was able to design a viable publication.

Cons

The people at LP tecnical have an irritation tendancy to fix things that aren't broke while bypassing obvious problems.

Mariah
  • Industry: Design
  • Used for 1+ year

AMAZING for emerging creative professionals!

Reviewed on 29/03/2020

This product was SO user-friendly versus other design software, which is what I needed when I first began my career in graphic design and marketing. As an independent freelancer, it gave me the tools to remain innovative for every marketing client. To create the best content, and go above and beyond with Lucidpress!

Pros

SIMPLE to use! I can access all documents and designs from any computer, premium tools and design templates, so much storage space! Super inexpensive to extend storage space.

Cons

Compatibility: Limited formats to save documents + open various design file types.

Mark

I've used LucidPress for professional projects like posters, business cards, and graphics....

Reviewed on 18/06/2017

Pros

Ease of use. Everything pops. Lots of versatility and storage. When I create posters and flyers they look professional, more than professional. They grab attention, and I didn't have to attend 30 hours of online courses in learning to use complicated software.

Cons

I'd like to see the ability to "flatten" PDFs for printing. Printers have come back to me with questions regarding fonts, graphics, etc. that aren't embedded. I've encountered one or two glitches in a final printed product that resulted from non-flattened transparencies. I don't have Adobe's suite of products (and don't want to pay for or learn to use them), that's the whole point of using a product like LucidPress. Please get that "flatten" feature working!!!

Adam

Lucidpress makes creating graphics/marketing materials for our church a breeze!

Reviewed on 21/02/2018

Pros

As a pc-turned-mac user, finding an easy to use software to create promo/marketing was hard- I was used to using Publisher--and had never settled on a similar program on our mac computers. Options seemed pretty pricy--until I discovered Lucidpress. Now, we can quickly create clean and professional looking materials for our church's programs and events. Very affordable, and very helpful. The entire experience of using Lucidpress is easy to use. All buttons are intuitive and feel very natural to use--especially as a former publisher user. It gives a variety of options for saving/printing--and the onboard templates are a huge time-saver. Pick a template, customize as needed, and away you go. Very fast process, and the end product looks amazing and communicates our messages well.

Heather

Works for me!

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

I need good quality graphics for my small online store. I don’t have a designer on payroll, so having an easy to use solution like Lucidpress is awesome.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how many templates are available.

Cons

I wish there were more fonts available without an upgrade to the premium plan.

Suzanne
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Easy Publishing Software

Reviewed on 24/02/2020

We use this software for a range of different aspects of business from forms to handouts to creating advertisements to use on-line to posters & flyers. Its easy, adaptable and quick.

Pros

The ease of use and templates that you can adjust.

Cons

That it does not have a "Format Painter" option to copy the same text, font colour that you have to something else in one click.

Thomas
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

The Friends of the Botanical Garden of Gothenburg, Sweden

Reviewed on 23/02/2020

If you know a bit of publishing it is a perfect tool to create any kind of document you would like to publish. It is also easy and fun to see how well the document will grow and finally look like.

Pros

It is a modern and userfriendly webbased publishing tool that I have come to like a lot. I have used it over more than 2 years for publishing our newsletter to our 7,000 members, 4 times a year.

Cons

As it is web based tool you need a good internet connection and sometimes you have to be a bit patient with the reply.

BELINDA
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Lucidpress design champ

Reviewed on 28/09/2019

.I used this software severally when I first started writing and I must say, its one of the best design softwares out there. it made it less complicated and also fun creating the content I wanted for my presentations and even my writing.

Pros

Firstly, I'd like to say, I appreciate how easy it is to work on and how it allows me be more creative with my brand designs. I have used the software severally to design flyers and even the cover for one of my books. it is a very great tool for content creators and even office personnel.
“With its awesome wide variety of templates, you can easily create your wonderful ideas.

Cons

I tried using it on my Android phone but couldn't. Apparently, you can only use it on a PC and that is a limitation to me because there are times when I don't have my PC close bye and I need to quickly work on my phone and I can't access the software on my phone.

Jodi

Lucidpress has been a great solution for our small non-profit.

Reviewed on 17/06/2017

Intuitive interface

Intuitive interface

Pros

I feel like Lucidpress is pretty intuitive to use. There hasn't been a huge learning curve. Like that we can store our brand colors, fonts etc.

Cons

We hoped to be able to convert Publisher files, but we are not able to do that at this time. We have had to recreate those documents.

Shereen
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Lucidpress is the best Publishing Platform I've ever used

Reviewed on 13/01/2019

I have done flyers, brochures, door hangers, business cards, and was starting a magazine for a ministry until they flaked out here recently. If I had more clients to work with, I'd be full-on with LucidPress as I enjoy using it for nearly everything.

Pros

I go a long way back, but this is, by far, the most user-friendly ever. I used to use Microsoft Publisher and all of that from back in the day, but this is one of the most USER-FRIENDLY ever.

Cons

Wish I had more clients so I can keep my subscription at all times.

Lee

Low Cost publishing for my printing needs

Reviewed on 17/06/2017

Pros

Lucidpress works on Chromebooks as it's web-based. This functionality has saved my company lots of money on Full based OS laptops .

Cons

Unable to push out Indesign Files. My company does a lot of designing that ends up in print. Higher-end print companies request InDesign files which I'm unable export out of LucidPress. I sometimes run into clients who request InDesign files which is an industry standard that I'm unable to deliver to them

Tera

Newsletter feedback

Reviewed on 23/02/2020

I am very satisfied and will continue to use as long as I am in my position.

I am very satisfied and will continue to use as long as I am in my position.

Pros

Very easy to navigate and look of the templates are very professional.

Cons

I am in the education industry and would like more pictures to choose from in your templates

SurveyMonkey

Template for newsletters
Elizabeth
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Create Organizational Flow Charts to Help with Clarity and Consistency of Language

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Lucid press is excellent and relatively easy to learn. In the beginning, it takes some time to figure out the specific details of the different features, but after that, everything falls into place. I love the ability to create organized, "clean"-looking graphics to get information shared.

Pros

This program has been very beneficial in creating flow charts for our discipline procedures at my school. We were able to develop a graphic that was easy to read and color coordinated. This allowed teachers to easily find the section that is pertinent to them.

The collaborative features made sharing and editing seamless and take very little time.

I love the "Expanding page" feature as well where the page gets larger in sections where it is needed and not everywhere.

Cons

There could be more "shapes" to use in order to create the diagrams desired. Some of the shapes are not very conducive to large amounts of text.

Shannon

Design Made Easy

Reviewed on 20/05/2020

Highly efficient.

Highly efficient.

Pros

I enjoy the templates as well as the option for your own design. Efficient.

Cons

I would like to see more options for pictures/effects for pictures.

QuarkXPress