PowerDirector

Video editing tool for publishing and sharing videos

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.0/5

Md rafsanjani R.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

PowerDirector all in one

Reviewed on 07/05/2021

Its have lots of tools to make my video more attractive. I am using this software more then 7 years . At fast on my Pc now in my mobile . I Just take videoes then resizing , joining , giving effect ,adding voice and also i can make animation with this . Now a days i make my video more attractive and funny with green screen background change by PowerDirector . love it .

Pros

Update day by day and being more professional.

Cons

When i export long video like 10 Minutes with Ultra 4k rejulation its needs long time from mobile.

Tee K.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Very easy to edit videos

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

I can work quickly through this software. It is very easy to learn. But the free transitions, effects, lower thirds, etc. that come with it are not high enough.

Pros

Easy to find and using editing tools. This software is very easy to learn even on your own. It has userfriendly interface

Cons

The transtions and effects that come with this software are low quality

A fantastic video editing tool

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

I just love how creating small videos for my business has now become so easy. I can use any images I want and I love the way we can make our videos look more or less professional which helps to generate more leads and customers.

Pros

It is so easy to use. You can add any images you want to your videos. I have also used the software to cut longer video shorter for me needs for advertising. It has plenty of features for editing existing and new videos. Not only can it be used for basic editing, it can also be used for trimming, text overlays, adding audio and animations. I also love that there are tutorials that you can watch which really help a lot. It is the best video editor I have used so far.

Cons

Each time I go into the software I get a notification to buy the paid version. They should have an upgrade button at the top for when we want to upgrade instead. It's just pretty annoying. There is no ultra-wide format or custom ratios to choose from. You only get 4:3 or 16:19. We should be able to choose our ratios ourselves.

Jeff G.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used for 6-12 months

awesome product

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

I bought this product to edit drone videos of our family place out in the country, to make a "movie" of drone footage for my dad, who grew up on the property. This software is allowing me to do that.

Pros

Lets me do everything I need to do, include mix in music/audio and prepare titles, etc. While it doesn't make piecing together a professional looking video a snap (I'm a noob), it does make it possible.

Cons

Learning curve is high, but I'm new to video editing. It takes me a long time to get stuff the way I want it, but it does make it possible for me to do it. Loooots of features to get lost in if you're interested in playing with all the bells and whistles.

Ionel razvan G.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Cyberlink PowerDirector

Reviewed on 08/04/2020

I have captured, edited and burned video from VHS to DVD.

Pros

Easy to use, with the video capture option integrated, and after that editing, and directly burning to DVD.

Cons

I couldn't run it properly on Linux, so I was forced to change it for another native Linux video editor.

Shawn W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

MAKING VIDEOS

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

IT IS A FUN AND GREAT SOFTWARE TO USE IF YOU MAKE VIDEOS TO STAND OUT

Pros

EASY WAY TO MAKE A MUSIC VIDEO EDIT IT HAS GOOD VISUALS TO SHOW AND EASY WAYS TO PUT IT TOGETHER PUT YOUR MUSIC BEHIND PICTURES

Cons

THE PRICES FOR SOME VISUALS ARE EXPENSIVE THEN WHAT IT SHOULD BE THE BASICS ONES COST A LOT AND I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT

Amal R.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Good software for beginers

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

It is very easy to handle.But features are very less.for the beginers it is a good software.

Pros

Very easy to use. Rendering process is very fast.

Cons

Only Less features available. It will take more time to get output

Joshua N.
  • Industry: Entertainment

I am a user of Power Director

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

It is very easy to use and user friendly

Pros

The application is very simple to use. Anyone of any age will be able to use it

Cons

I am not able to use my laptop camera for different sites because I am not able to change the quality of my camera

Mark A.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy Video Editing

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

After developing a good workflow, PowerDirector enabes me to efficiently edit and upload videos to YouTube. I feel very comfortable with its interface and I'm keen to learn more videoing skills.

Pros

I came to video editing with absolutely no experience as a result of the COVID pandemic and the need to produce a video and upload to YouTube. After researching other products, I setted on Cyberlink's PowerDirector 365. The product has a relatively easy learning curve. I like the uncluttered user interface and everything logically organised on the monitor. The use of the GPU when rendering videos saves lots of time.

Cons

More advanced sound editing requires the purchase of the separate application AudioDirector which requires PowerDirector to close and open this app.

Lightworks, OpenShot Video Editor and Filmora

Reasons for Switching to PowerDirector

Much easier learning curve and range of editing options
Jeremy B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Of All the Great Video Editors in the World, Cyberlink PowerDirector Is One of Them

Reviewed on 23/07/2021

(Note: This review is based on PowerDirector 15, which is not the most recent edition.) Are there better video editors out there? Oh, sure. HitFilm is more powerful and professional. Vegas is, well, I don’t use Vegas, so I can’t be sure, but it’s more popular it seems! Camtasia has a built-in editor right there with its screen recording software. And then there’s Adobe and all of its “value for the money” and really useful plugins. But are they easier to use? Will any of them run on a weak computer with no graphics card? While I can’t say Cyberlink PowerDirector is easier to use, because I don’t use the others, I can say it’s nevertheless easy, intuitive, and comes with enough features to ensure your video looks fine in an aggressive YouTube market. It also has a fair bit of useful screen templates available on its community plugin pages. And, perhaps most importantly, it can render your video, even if you run on an integrated graphics card (at least this is true on PowerDirector 15, which is what I use). HitFilm can’t do that. I’ve tried!

Pros

Easy, easy, easy to use. Most of it is intuitive. Even getting your plugins from Cyberlink’s homepage is pretty straightforward. Now, more nuanced tactics like keyframe editing and blending modes are trickier and take some practice. But once you figure out the best technique for applying them, it’s pretty easy to get back into the flow of things. Even though I got my copy in a bundle a few years ago, recent editions are also reasonably affordable. Integrates well with Cyberlink’s other products. Being able to render videos on an integrated graphics card is a bonus.

Cons

There aren’t many plugins that really standout, making a video’s overall quality inferior to anything produced in a higher end product like HitFilm or Adobe Premiere. Its native special effects, while fine, are also limited. Adjusting sound in a clip is challenging, as there’s no great way to get those sliders exactly to where you want them. And getting the finest controls, like color grading, requires other premium Cyberlink products. But these are picky things, not worth passing on if your budget is too tight for the higher end products.

Chris B.
  • Industry: Music

PowerDirector - A solid History

Reviewed on 03/07/2021

Overall it runs decent on a mid tier computer and it handles everything I could possibly need for music videos and for editing other videos as well. You need to go to youtube and watch the tutorials or you'll got lost in the features and frustrated by not getting anywhere.

Pros

The software is regularly updated and upgraded. This is good because as they introduce new versions of the software it takes advantage of improvements in hardware and in your operating system. PowerDirector is a robust program that you can use for everything from creating a quick GIF, to editing with special effects your own full featured music videos or movies. It comes packed with features and is a great all in one solution for the bulk of your home video needs.

Cons

The software is not always intuitive. Features seem to be tucked away in menus and you really have to learn the program if you want to take full advantage of the strength this suite carries. They have started moving toward a subscription model which I'm not particularly a fan of.

Allison C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Good for video editing

Reviewed on 30/04/2020

Overall, it's a good editor for the price and works well for our video needs.

Pros

I like the way this product meets our needs of DVD and video production. It is easy to import and edit videos and sound clips. The multiple tracks is great and the video preview built in is nice. I like the ability to download and add features and content from other creators and the output options are nice. The variety of title screens, presets is nice. Works well on a PC.

Cons

My least favorite aspect of Power Director is the time that it takes to burn a DVD / create Folder. I can edit a project fairly quickly now but I have to factor in an hour or more for burning and finalizing even if I didn't make any major changes and only burned the video.

Hope G.

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 04/01/2021

Powerdirector is an awesome software because i use it with little vedio edits,things that require less time for example traditional weddings etc and I have loved to work with it because of its ease

Pros

It is not complicated compared to other vedio editors I have interacted with
I love powerdirector because of how easy it is to learn
Its interface is good to interact with, even by beginners
Its compatibility with many computers makes it easier to edit vedios
It is fast compared to other vedio editors

Cons

Its features are limited,it has limited effects,limited things to do with adding some things you may want to,for example its recently when they have come up with the masking of vedios
Its features are not for professional use,for example if you want to synchronize audios with vedios
Powerdirector is not reliable,some times,it has lost my projects which I had saved,so i had to start over.

Esther F.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Content Creators best friend

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Creating video content has been most easy. We are able to put scraps or almost useless clips together to create a fine project for adverts that generate leads.

Pros

I so much love this software, its very easy to use, has plenty of features for editing the video clips to my exact need. It is definitely the best in ts category. Kudos to the developers

Cons

The customer service is rated zero. Complaints are never attended, the support personnel (who may be the developers, I can't say) treat users as if users no nothing and they know everything which isn't fair. The essence of support/feedback centers is to note users complaints and improve on them but this develpers will not have that. I hope they improve

Supun A.

A great software for the creation of videos and slideshows

Reviewed on 22/03/2020

the software is good and cheap than other products.The software is very stable and robust.Easy to learn and use to the beginners.The voice removing facility, attractive effects and the multiple output formats are the best features of this software.

Pros

Cyberlink Power Director is a very flexible and robust video creator. Beginners can start the creation of videos and creation of slideshows.The structure of the software is very easy to use and it gives more output formats to the users.The software is cheap and it is a very creative software.

Cons

The overall software experience is good.But the input format of .TS is not supported to the software.The team should implement a proper solution or an update for this issue.If the software supports multiple output formats, it is very useful and important to the users

Tom W.
  • Industry: Military
  • Used for 2+ years

Power Director by Cyberlink

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

I have made dozens of home movies, shared to Facebook, uploaded to Youtube, copied to disk for storage.

Pros

Features-rich operating environment. Very high quality and selection

Cons

Tech support. Virtually non-existent. When you have a problem you have to go to a "community forum" and get advice from other users. The users who tender advice are, to be sure, very reliable and competent, but sometimes it's difficult to explain to another user.

Dawn T.
  • Industry: Photography

Power Director

Reviewed on 09/06/2021

My overall experience has been fairly good. And It's my go quick video editor.

Pros

This software is very simple to use and it's extremely intuitive so there's not a difficult learning curve. It also has some great simple editing features.

Cons

Sometimes it will give an error when using multiple edits so sometimes you have to give a command multiple times.

Dexter A.

smooth and nice

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

Pros

i can barely use animation perfectly. sound effects are cool that best suit to my favorite.

Cons

sometimes it lags maybe because of my connection or my unit.. but its ok. it works properly.

Bianca M.

Ease and efficiency of PowerDirector

Reviewed on 20/06/2021

He usually meets my needs, even with some flaws, his efficiency is still admirable and he stands out from many others similar to him.

Pros

The image quality that the videos get, in addition to the effects and other features, it is one of the best I've used.

Cons

The problem is that in some videos, when saving the audio/music placed, it is not in sync with the video, even if at the time of editing it is in the right time, when saving it does not remain.

Muhammad A.
  • Industry: Media Production

Powerdirector is a professional and easy video editing software

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

Powerdirector is very easy to use also it's good for new editors and some short videos editing work.

Pros

Powerdirector is very easy in use specifically when you wanna tracking location with text. I use this software mostly for tracking locations.

Cons

Powerdirector Can't handle working on bigger projects. There is lake of proper stabilization and cleaning video.

Luis M.
  • Used for 1+ year

Easy to use to get good results, good software if you are a beginner.

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Powerdirector is an awesome software for small video edits, things that require less time or if you are just starting out in the editing field.

Pros

It has very good tools and powerful enough to get a professional result, if you are new to editing and want to progress while learning, this software is quite useful to get into the world of editing.

Depending on the plan and the price chosen, features can be obtained according to the needs of the publisher or the project in progress.

Cons

If the trial or free version is used, the final video ends with a watermark that can only be removed by purchasing a plan or subscription.

Alphonsus D.
  • Industry: Media Production

PowerDirector - A Wonderful Software Editing System Unless it Crashes

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

I for the most part enjoyed using PowerDirector when editing videos. It has been a blast and sometimes a struggle with having to recuperate work lost. Regardless, this is a great entry video editor for anyone that is looking to get involved with the craft. Just got to get used to the rare crash, which is a part of every video editor's bane.

Pros

I liked the friendly user interface to seamlessly go from folder to folder to set up my timeline. I felt that the words were bright enough for me to read and that the organization options have great default settings. This gave me more incentive to not have much setup involved outside of the usual importing of videos.

Cons

There was a crash or two in the software during editing. The progress was last updated when I first updated it, which negated an hour or two of work that I have put in. I thought there would be more updates as to its recovery feature, but no use.

Not too expensive and quite easy to use

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Very good experience, it helped me out when I needed a quick and easy way to edit videos.

Pros

The interface is very intuitive and the learning curve is not too steep. It's also quite easy to find information on the web and tutorials that help you realizing what you need. I would say that all basic features (and more) are easily accessible.

Cons

2 main issues are that rendering takes a LOT of time, and in the end, when comparing it with some more advanced software, I realized that while it's easy to get started, the more advanced stuff isn't just doable. But that's why the other software is more advanced and more expensive, so overall it's just a minor dislike.

Adam A.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Pretty Good

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Overall my feelings are somewhat mixed. The product is good, but the company doesn't seem to be especially reliable. This may have changed since 2016, but I'd probably not bother with it again.

Pros

PowerDirector is a fairly priced film tool that will fit most people's needs. Rather than spending hundreds of dollars on software like Apple's movie maker, here's something that will do the job for less than 80. It has a pleasing interface and has a huge amount of customizability. It is definitely robust and will let you shape footage into any shape that pleases you.

Cons

PowerDirector has infamously bad customer service. My attempts to contact them were ignored. The software is a bit of a RAM hog (although that is par for the course with video editors, so we can't hold that against PD).

Emam H.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

This is a best app for making slides!

Reviewed on 28/05/2020

when I started using this app I don't even know how to make slide shows but when I start on it as a beginner I make so many slide shows easily without having any professional skills. it's really a user friendly software

Pros

I like this software a lot . I love to use this software. power director gives a lot of opportunities to make different kind of slide shows. it's also a user friendly software. I would recommend you to use this software.

Cons

I don't like the common templates of this software. they should update this and also make more easier for the starters.